PDA

View Full Version : Andy Ong's ERC "The Essentials of Property Investment Program"..worth it?

cheongster
06-12-10, 10:26
Hi all,

Had anyone attended Andy Ong's ERC "The Essentials of Property Investment Program"..Is it worth it?

http://www.erc.com.sg/epi.html

Can't find any feedback from internet search.

Cheers,
Ed

irisse
06-12-10, 11:32
Hi all,

Had anyone attended Andy Ong's ERC "The Essentials of Property Investment Program"..Is it worth it?

http://www.erc.com.sg/epi.html

Can't find any feedback from internet search.

Cheers,
Ed

I have attended... That depends on what u want to get out of it... at the end of day i felt that i m just paying to get an opportunity to participate in his commercial venture...

cheongster
06-12-10, 11:33
hmmmm.... Irissee, can you help to explain more?
You can PM me if you are afraid to be sued. :P (read about it in a blog)
Hope to hear from you! :) Thanks.

I have attended... That depends on what u want to get out of it... at the end of day i felt that i m just paying to get an opportunity to participate in his commercial venture...

august
06-12-10, 11:35
Course Fees
Individual: S$2, 980
Couple: S$5, 000

:rolleyes:
does one really need to pay so much to learn about property investment?

being featured on mainstream media does not equate to credibility

devilplate
06-12-10, 11:44
WOW so much!!

just come here TCSS perhaps can learn more along the way:D

cheongster
06-12-10, 11:46
Mr August,
I am a newbie.
Want some jumpstart and don't what to learn some expensive$ real-life lessons.
Thats my motivation and thinking at the moment, hence seeking advise here. Cheers.

:rolleyes:
does one really need to pay so much to learn about property investment?

being featured on mainstream media does not equate to credibility

cheongster
06-12-10, 11:48
Cirriculum comprehensive?
http://www.erc.com.sg/docu/epi.pdf

Mr August,
I am a newbie.
Want some jumpstart and don't what to learn some expensive$ real-life lessons.
Thats my motivation and thinking at the moment, hence seeking advise here. Cheers.

irisse
06-12-10, 11:48

I supposed that you have attended his seminar for the course. Did he say that he would give u money back guarantee if u back out after attending Day 1?

Day 1 - he gave some introduction to the asset class. Not in-depth. Any questions, he said he will reply on Sun. Meaning that you have to attend on Sun to get the answers...

Day 2 - A summary of the property fundamentals... if u read actively regarding the property market, these r just to refresh what you aldy know. No much of value add.

Day 3 - Andy Ong will bring u around to where he think is worthy to buy. Just 2 residential locations.. and see his own commercial venture which he said he will give u an opportunity to invest in.

i m not impressed with this course and not that confident to participate in his commercial venture. It's all his words n no supporting investment report.

Also, Andy Ong told us on Day 3 that we can participate in the commercial venture from 10K onwards, but few days later, we were informed by his partner that the minimum investment is from $100K onwards.. Well, that's a huge difference.

cheongster
06-12-10, 11:54
Thank you so much for sharing...you might have save me S$2k++
But one more question...do you find the "this access to updated information is ongoing" useful?
Like the occasional meetups or tips of updates on property opportunity (after the 3Days course) that they were mentioning.

I supposed that you have attended his seminar for the course. Did he say that he would give u money back guarantee if u back out after attending Day 1?

Day 1 - he gave some introduction to the asset class. Not in-depth. Any questions, he said he will reply on Sun. Meaning that you have to attend on Sun to get the answers...

Day 2 - A summary of the property fundamentals... if u read actively regarding the property market, these r just to refresh what you aldy know. No much of value add.

Day 3 - Andy Ong will bring u around to where he think is worthy to buy. Just 2 residential locations.. and see his own commercial venture which he said he will give u an opportunity to invest in.

i m not impressed with this course and not that confident to participate in his commercial venture. It's all his words n no supporting investment report.

Also, Andy Ong told us on Day 3 that we can participate in the commercial venture from 10K onwards, but few days later, we were informed by his partner that the minimum investment is from $100K onwards.. Well, that's a huge difference.

irisse
06-12-10, 11:57
Thank you so much for sharing...you might have save me S$2k++
But one more question...do you find the "this access to updated information is ongoing" useful?
Like the occasional meetups or tips of updates on property opportunity (after the 3Days course) that they were mentioning.

I have not been to the updated information session...so no comments on that...but it seems to me that it only happen when govt introduced some new regulations etc.. it's on ad-hoc basis... no schedule were given that when such update would take place...

hyenergix
06-12-10, 12:07
There are quite a number of good books out there. I read the one by Peter Yee 'You can be rich in property'. Less than $20 bucks. He really shared a lot of hard-learned experience with you...

cheongster
06-12-10, 13:10
Thanks Hyenergix!
There are quite a number of good books out there. I read the one by Peter Yee 'You can be rich in property'. Less than $20 bucks. He really shared a lot of hard-learned experience with you...

kingkong1984
06-12-10, 13:56

http://www.asiaone.com/Business/My+Money/Opinion/Story/A1Story20100617-222682.html

You can become rich in property / Peter Yee. (http://newarrivals.nlb.gov.sg/item_holding.aspx?bid=12795453) Author:Yee, PeterPublisher:Selangor Darul Ehsan, Malaysia : INOVA Technology, 2006.ISBN:9834306806 (pbk.)Format:BookPhysical Description:vi, 162 p. : ill. ; 23 cm.Subjects:Real estate investment Malaysia

teddybear
06-12-10, 16:12
Wah, Golden words from Peter Yee's interview from AsiaOne:

What is the best and worst advice you have received?
The worst advice I received was free advice. [laughs]

Unless it is from someone who knows better!
Yes. Correct. The best advice I received was also free advice from a professional. We knew each other from the property field. He gave me one good advice, which is to buy property in a rich man's area, not in a poor man's area. I took that advice and made a lot of money.

http://www.asiaone.com/Business/My+Money/Opinion/Story/A1Story20100617-222682.html

You can become rich in property / Peter Yee. (http://newarrivals.nlb.gov.sg/item_holding.aspx?bid=12795453) Author:Yee, PeterPublisher:Selangor Darul Ehsan, Malaysia : INOVA Technology, 2006.ISBN:9834306806 (pbk.)Format:BookPhysical Description:vi, 162 p. : ill. ; 23 cm.Subjects:Real estate investment Malaysia

kingkong1984
06-12-10, 17:01
yup, best of it. I read that part but I didn't want to comment till u comment.

Are you the one who gave free advices lately?

Are you the professional one who gave free advices lately?

Are you the :tongue3: :tongue3: :tongue3:

haha.

rattydrama
07-12-10, 08:31
or rephrase question...had anyone attended a good investment property seminar and benefited from it?

devilplate
07-12-10, 08:38
or rephrase question...had anyone attended a good investment property seminar and benefited from it?

some of those stocks/forex courses r quite useful....

ppty investment: read books or come here TCSS better:D

rattydrama
07-12-10, 23:31
ya forum is live and i like it... people from all walks expressed their opinions and observations. very interesting and engaging. but why the old timers vanished? at least a courtesy message before saying bye bye? if u are going dont forget to at least leave a message hor. erm...that propertism guy whom I missed most.

devilplate
07-12-10, 23:34
ya forum is live and i like it... people from all walks expressed their opinions and observations. very interesting and engaging. but why the old timers vanished? at least a courtesy message before saying bye bye? if u are going dont forget to at least leave a message hor. erm...that propertism guy whom I missed most.

yes, i missed his analogy and fav quotes....

he got solid newspaper cutting to back up as well...totally cool:D

focus
08-12-10, 09:44
Ya boy! JLRX ...The religion of propertyism rocks!

taggy
09-12-10, 02:09
Ya boy! JLRX ...The religion of propertyism rocks!

actually sometimes can see JLRX online here, but dun noe why he not posting :rolleyes:

patricia
09-12-10, 10:23
actually sometimes can see JLRX online here, but dun noe why he not posting :rolleyes:Must be burnt in some investment and now have to work for someone. No time to cut-and-past anymore. Anyway, I find his post a nuisance.

cheongster
09-12-10, 14:00
or maybe his is busy enjoying all his properties and busy scouting for a bargain in Canada/USA now? :cheers6:

Must be burnt in some investment and now have to work for someone. No time to cut-and-past anymore. Anyway, I find his post a nuisance.

kingkong1984
09-12-10, 14:37
or maybe his is busy enjoying all his properties and busy scouting for a bargain in Canada/USA now? :cheers6:

How you know? Got proof?

teddybear
09-12-10, 15:42
Actually I find his posts very informative. Think he got burnt out from preaching but there are still many stubborn-heads around here not listening (or because got self-interests, missed the boats, trying to talk down property prices???). :rolleyes:

Must be burnt in some investment and now have to work for someone. No time to cut-and-past anymore. Anyway, I find his post a nuisance.

devilplate
09-12-10, 16:30
Jlrx was viewing a thread 15mins ago....

taggy
09-12-10, 16:42
Jlrx was viewing a thread 15mins ago....

actually i think he must have reincarnated as another id and still posting here :rolleyes:

melodies
11-12-10, 08:59
Who? Any hint?

actually i think he must have reincarnated as another id and still posting here :rolleyes:

patricia
12-12-10, 10:31
Who? Any hint?A forumer who abondan/betray all the other forumers here.

devilplate
12-12-10, 10:32
A forumer who abondan/betray all the other forumers here.

abandon ur poor little soul?

patricia
12-12-10, 15:23
abandon ur poor little soul?Just treat him/her as not existing anymore (like someone who has kick the ------)

Toughguy
03-04-11, 17:44
I attended ERC course on property conducted by Andy ong last September. Irise was right about the outline. However, I benefitted quite a bit as his strategy were unorthodox n was quite frankly, mind blowing.

I kick myself in the butt for not investing in his venture as I was too late. His north bridge place just went enbloc and according to business times. He went from an initial $46 million to over $110 million in less than a year. The initial capital outlay was $20 plus million so the returns come to think of it would be over 100 % in less than a year.

Recently, I just attended his Asian Titan trends and the session was full! All his students looked rather happy. This was already the 3rd event I attended following my completion. I am following his blog quite closely as there is quite good stuff there.

John TanKH
09-04-11, 23:01
where can i find his blog?

irisse
05-02-13, 13:24
Andy Ong is in the news

The Business Times
Monday, Feb 04, 2013

SINGAPORE - Two weeks after external auditors of Sakae Holdings Ltd flagged financial irregularities at an associate firm, Andy Ong Siew Kwee, a non-executive director of Sakae, which owns the Sakae Sushi chain, has been asked to resign from its board. In a filing with the Singapore Exchange last night, Sakae revealed that Mr Ong, who managed Griffin Real Estate Investment Holdings, had been identified as the person responsible for "various undisclosed irregular financial transactions . . . undertaken in (Griffin)" that may be in breach of the Companies Act.

The board has asked Mr Ong to tender his resignation within seven days from Feb 1. If it does not receive his resignation in 14 days, it will convene an extraordinary general meeting to remove him from his position, Sakae said.

Mr Ong could not be reached for comment.

Sakae said in an earlier statement that the suspicious transactions were also in breach of a Sept 3, 2010, subscription and joint-venture agreement, and "may adversely affect (Sakae's) interests and the value of its investments" in the company.

An international accounting firm commissioned by Sakae executive chairman and CEO Douglas Foo Peow Yong to investigate Griffin's accounting records reported that the suspicious transactions included payments of substantial sums that have been made by Griffin and "apparent contracts which purport to oblige (Griffin) to make substantial payments to companies majority-owned or controlled by Mr Ong".

Sakae said that these transactions had not been properly disclosed to Sakae and Mr Foo, who is also the company's representative on Griffin's board. "As a director of the company, Andy Ong has both statutory and fiduciary duties that require him not to act against the interests of the company, and/or not to place himself in a conflict of interest position."

In recommending Mr Ong's resignation, Sakae's nominating committee, which includes Mr Foo, cited the findings of the accounting firm's report, a written complaint filed by Sakae's lawyers to the Commercial Affairs Department, as well as a confidential report on Griffin that had earlier been submitted to the Minister of Finance.

Under Section 207(9A) of the Companies Act, an auditor of a public company or a subsidiary of a public company, has a legal duty to report to the Minister of Finance immediately if he has reason to believe that a serious offence involving fraud or other dishonesty has been committed against the company by officers or employees of the company.

Sakae said that it believed that Mr Ong should not be permitted to be present at board meetings or be privy to discussions and decisions by the board regarding the ongoing investigations and other confidential matters concerning Griffin and him.

Mr Ong is also chief executive officer of ERC Holdings, which runs various businesses in education, training and property investments. According to ERC's website, he is a sought-after financial authority and had appeared frequently on CNBC, Bloomberg and Channel News Asia to speak on financial management issues.

Stingray
06-02-13, 23:10
I had attended his course too.

You can learn a lot from books and this forum. Unless you want to invest in his project. Worth? It is really up to individual. I will not comment about his course but as I mention that you could learn a lot from books and this forum where a lot of experts here. Even though I had attended the course but I learn much more from this forum.

There are many kind soul here to teach you free.