PDA

View Full Version : Waterview (D18, 99-year Leasehold, Sim Lian Group)

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29

propertysgp
16-11-10, 09:05
Another project coming up in the East. Wonder what will be the response.
Any views?

azeoprop
16-11-10, 15:27
Here's the 2 bedroom and 2+study floor plans, private booking starts today for those not needing to view showflat.:scared-3:

acidic.straw
16-11-10, 19:58
The rest of the floor plans are here. Seems like they sold more than a hundred units today alone.

http://www.orangetee.com/Visitor_Lounge/NewLaunches/Waterview/Floor_Plans.asp

DC33_2008
17-11-10, 09:42
What's the range of $psf?

acidic.straw
17-11-10, 12:08
What's the range of $psf?

Last I heard was above 930-945 for stack 14 high floors. More than a hundred units sold since yesterday. Looks like all the good ones are going first. Wonder if can sneak into showflat later ;)

Emma
18-11-10, 09:05
thoughts on waterview, anyone? the showflat seemed good. nice squarish layout but i think the second balcony at the back of the kitchen/yard area is too huge. in fact the living room balcony is alittle big too, kind of eats into the space for the living room. but overally good layout and good-sized rooms as compared to other developments.

and does anyone have any thoughts on the potential capital appreciation? the tropica seems to be hovering around $700s to 750s. and my impression is that the psf doesn't seem to have moved upwards much over the last 1-2 years

august
18-11-10, 09:22
went to look see ytd
mass mkt upgrader project that looks like one and priced attractively, all units available developer did not hold back any
efficient layouts, interesting back "balcony" or drying ledge to dry laundry
no lap pool but big round resort pool instead

more for own stay, no mrt though ~

Emma
18-11-10, 09:29
is this weekend the public launch?

Denlim
18-11-10, 10:21
is this weekend the public launch?

I heard the public launch is This Friday but you should be able to visit it from today onwards...

Emma
18-11-10, 12:04
I heard the public launch is This Friday but you should be able to visit it from today onwards...

Thanks! i went to the show flat yesterday and was told that prices usually will go upwards when it's publicly launched. and am not sure if i should give my cheque before the public launch to take advantage of the discounts (given supposedly to encourage early bookings) or wait to see the public response after the public launch (and I do appreciate that if the response is good, prices might be adjusted upwards and upside is likely going to be low for me but I am a relatively conservative investor).

but the location is not really that convenient right?

gohsoonk
18-11-10, 12:11
Yup. They will always say that the price will go up during public launch (tomorrow). So the price at the preview is cheaper.

This place is not near any future MRT. Agent said can walk 15 mins but I doubt it. The future MRT is about 3 bus stops away.

With a car, this condo has quite good connectivity. You can go to PIE via Tampines Ave 1.

Or you can start at the beginning of the "outer ring road" and travel to the north and west pretty smoothly in a short time. I took about 20 minutes to travel to Dunearn Road from Waterview using the outer ring road.

Or you can use TPE at the end of Tampines Ave 10.

Plus it is near a future university.

However, computing by public transport is a pain though. (buses there are 69, 8, 15, 23)

Thanks! i went to the show flat yesterday and was told that prices usually will go upwards when it's publicly launched. and am not sure if i should give my cheque before the public launch to take advantage of the discounts (given supposedly to encourage early bookings) or wait to see the public response after the public launch (and I do appreciate that if the response is good, prices might be adjusted upwards and upside is likely going to be low for me but I am a relatively conservative investor).

Emma
18-11-10, 12:24
Yup. They will always say that the price will go up during public launch (tomorrow). So the price at the preview is cheaper.

This place is not near any future MRT. Agent said can walk 15 mins but I doubt it. The future MRT is about 3 bus stops away.

With a car, this condo has quite good connectivity. You can go to PIE via Tampines Ave 1.

Or you can start at the beginning of the "outer ring road" and travel to the north and west pretty smoothly in a short time. I took about 20 minutes to travel to Dunearn Road from Waterview using the outer ring road.

Or you can use TPE at the end of Tampines Ave 10.

Plus it is near a future university.

However, computing by public transport is a pain though. (buses there are 69, 8, 15, 23)
but given temasek poly is there, the transport shouldn't be that much of a pain right? i mean schools should always be accessible?

condolisa
18-11-10, 12:33

Hi Emma, what much discount is offered? I'm asking cos I'm planning to take a look but not today unless I take urgent leave. ThanksQ

Emma
18-11-10, 12:38
Hi Emma, what much discount is offered? I'm asking cos I'm planning to take a look but not today unless I take urgent leave. ThanksQ
they didn't specify. they just said the prices quoted are the discounted prices already. so i don't know the extent of the discount. they said usually the prices will be adjusted upwards during public launch.

Denlim
18-11-10, 12:42
they didn't specify. they just said the prices quoted are the discounted prices already. so i don't know the extent of the discount. they said usually the prices will be adjusted upwards during public launch.

That was what I was told as well and given the quoted price, it is probably a good idea to present the cheque now if you are comfortable as all the choice units are running out fast.... if they are still available by now.

bargain hunter
18-11-10, 12:46
from last friday's straits times,

"Sim Lian Group is due to launch its VIP preview of the 696-unit Waterview along Tampines Avenue 10 on Tuesday (2 days ago), with the main launch next Friday.

The project is expected to sell at between $850 and $950 psf, with apartment sizes ranging from two-bedroom units of 786 sq ft to penthouses of 4,768 sq ft.

The 99-year leasehold project comprising 12 blocks of 15 storeys will have 56 four-bedroom apartments and 24 penthouses. The rest are two- and three-bedroom units, with half of them coming with an attached study."

so prices at around 900psf could be a good deal?

condolisa
18-11-10, 12:48
Thank you all for sharing! Will see if can sneak out later.

Emma
18-11-10, 12:52
from last friday's straits times,

"Sim Lian Group is due to launch its VIP preview of the 696-unit Waterview along Tampines Avenue 10 on Tuesday (2 days ago), with the main launch next Friday.

The project is expected to sell at between $850 and $950 psf, with apartment sizes ranging from two-bedroom units of 786 sq ft to penthouses of 4,768 sq ft.

The 99-year leasehold project comprising 12 blocks of 15 storeys will have 56 four-bedroom apartments and 24 penthouses. The rest are two- and three-bedroom units, with half of them coming with an attached study."

so prices at around 900psf could be a good deal?

is $900psf a good deal as compared to what you can get elsewhere e.g. tanah merah, d15 etc or good deal relative to potential cap appreciation in the future. if the latter, the tropica is still at $750 below for quite a long time. I am only basing my benchmark on tropica as that seems to be closet comparison. any thoughts?

Denlim
18-11-10, 12:53
Thank you all for sharing! Will see if can sneak out later.

The showroom will open till 9pm today and will appreciate your views after looking at it...

bargain hunter
18-11-10, 12:59
sorry, the east is the area i m least familiar with so can't comment. :ashamed1: there are too many possible permutations. D15, if u want to compare with similar or close quantum, it would be those boutique projects with small units and limited facilities, albeit freehold. for self stay, i think this is better than those boutique projects.

is $900psf a good deal as compared to what you can get elsewhere e.g. tanah merah, d15 etc or good deal relative to potential cap appreciation in the future. if the latter, the tropica is still at $750 below for quite a long time. I am only basing my benchmark on tropica as that seems to be closet comparison. any thoughts?

Emma
18-11-10, 13:04
sorry, the east is the area i m least familiar with so can't comment. :ashamed1: there are too many possible permutations. D15, if u want to compare with similar or close quantum, it would be those boutique projects with small units and limited facilities, albeit freehold. for self stay, i think this is better than those boutique projects.

yeah for own stay, it's definitely better than the small developments in D15. I always feel it's better to go for big developments. but for investments, i have reservations about this developmen.

acidic.straw
18-11-10, 13:07
Accompanied a friend to take a look at the showflat yesterday. Was quite impressed with the layout. The use of space was quite efficient and the ceiling was exceptional high at 3 metres in the living rm and 2.8m the rest. The back balcony is a bit of a mystery though. Some will probably hate it and some will just love it. There is a maid's room (though labelled as HS) in the brochure. It's just an ordinary room and not the hardened shell of a bomb shelter. I understand there is no longer any legal reqmt for this.
The passageway from living room to bedrooms is quite generous and the bathrooms are comfortably sized.
I was quite taken in by the 4 bedroom unit esp the MBR with large windows on 2 sides of the room. Unfortunately the agent told us most have been taken up with just low floors remaining.
But as the ground flr unit is built 4.5 metres above ground, the 4th flr may just give a green+water view of the reservoir. Still considering :(

Denlim
18-11-10, 13:11
Accompanied a friend to take a look at the showflat yesterday. Was quite impressed with the layout. The use of space was quite efficient and the ceiling was exceptional high at 3 metres in the living rm and 2.8m the rest. The back balcony is a bit of a mystery though. Some will probably hate it and some will just love it. There is a maid's room (though labelled as HS) in the brochure. It's just an ordinary room and not the hardened shell of a bomb shelter. I understand there is no longer any legal reqmt for this.
The passageway from living room to bedrooms is quite generous and the bathrooms are comfortably sized.
I was quite taken in by the 4 bedroom unit esp the MBR with large windows on 2 sides of the room. Unfortunately the agent told us most have been taken up with just low floors remaining.
But as the ground flr unit is built 4.5 metres above ground, the 4th flr may just give a green+water view of the reservoir. Still considering :(

I do agree with your comments and still wondering what to do with the back balcony... Any suggestions?

Emma
18-11-10, 13:16
I do agree with your comments and still wondering what to do with the back balcony... Any suggestions?

maybe use like a backyard to put bicycle, tricycle, swimming gear etc? or dining area ? you can dry clothes there too. and the thing is the back balcony is linked to the master bedroom directly (and also the second bathroom?), so when you are cooking might need to remember to close the sliding door so that the smell won't go into the room.

Denlim
18-11-10, 13:20
maybe use like a backyard to put bicycle, tricycle, swimming gear etc? or dining area ? you can dry clothes there too. and the thing is the back balcony is linked to the master bedroom directly (and also the second bathroom?), so when you are cooking might need to remember to close the sliding door so that the smell won't go into the room.

Thanks and just wondering if we are allowed to install blinds in the balcony to prevent the rain from splashing in... Will be great if this is possible so that mroe can be done in this area.

bargain hunter
18-11-10, 13:23
this design is a signature design by sim lian. many of their developments are designed like this, regardless of whether located in D11 or mass market. nice rectangular bedrooms/living room, the back balcony and double access to back balcony through bedrooms (albeit this is the first time i have seen it through MBR). functional and efficient. :)

acidic.straw
18-11-10, 13:30

For the 3 bedder (type C2), I understand fr the agent you can ask for the door from the MBR to the yard be sealed (ie a wall instead of a door). I personally wld seal it as it seems awkward for a MBR to lead to the yard esp if you plan to use it as a drying area. The reverse is not true ie you cannot seal the door from the kitchen to the yard as your washing machine will be placed here. Otherwise, it will make a comfortable private yard for the MBR :)

Emma
18-11-10, 13:31
Thanks and just wondering if we are allowed to install blinds in the balcony to prevent the rain from splashing in... Will be great if this is possible so that mroe can be done in this area.

should be ok. cos at the showflat i think there were blinds as well. or it could be very a stroke of architecture genius that rain will not splash in no matter what (like the 2 bedder one amber units).

Emma
18-11-10, 13:33
For the 3 bedder (type C2), I understand fr the agent you can ask for the door from the MBR to the yard be sealed (ie a wall instead of a door). I personally wld seal it as it seems awkward for a MBR to lead to the yard esp if you plan to use it as a drying area. The reverse is not true ie you cannot seal the door from the kitchen to the yard as your washing machine will be placed here. Otherwise, it will make a comfortable private yard for the MBR :)
oh clever... comfortable private yard for MBR i like.

acidic.straw
18-11-10, 13:33

I'm quite sure blinds can be installed but I suppose it must conform to standard designs determined by the developer/by-laws.

Denlim
18-11-10, 13:39
I'm quite sure blinds can be installed but I suppose it must conform to standard designs determined by the developer/by-laws.

Thanks for all the suggestions and probably will get a better idea when nearing TOP....as this is one space within the unit that should not go to waste..

bargain hunter
18-11-10, 23:52
http://info.sgx.com/webcoranncatth.nsf/VwAttachments/Att_CA5975AD121A00B4482577DF0035F3F6/$file/PressRelease-Waterview.2010-11-18.pdf?openelement

why did Sim Lian say average psf only 838psf?

acidic.straw
19-11-10, 06:00
http://info.sgx.com/webcoranncatth.nsf/VwAttachments/Att_CA5975AD121A00B4482577DF0035F3F6/$file/PressRelease-Waterview.2010-11-18.pdf?openelement

why did Sim Lian say average psf only 838psf?

"Average" is a pretty tricky statistic...majority of the units of this price range is probably of the lower floor units and no view of reservoir, quarry or pool like those facing tampines ave 1 or blocked by tropica.

bargain hunter
19-11-10, 09:44
Reported in Business Times today, "SIM Lian Group is understood to have sold about 200 units at its Waterview condo at Bedok Reservoir since it began previewing the project on Tuesday this week."

cola
19-11-10, 16:00
Hi Guys,

Newbie here.

I'm just wondering : This development has 696 units, and is this considered crowded for a condo?

Wolverine77
19-11-10, 19:54
Sim Lian now have a DBSS at tampines and also a Condo project. Good synergy. The pricing of water view is on the high side and too far from mrt.

sfwoo
19-11-10, 20:00
Hi Guys,

Newbie here.

I'm just wondering : This development has 696 units, and is this considered crowded for a condo?

It is considered VERY crowded.

kingkong1984
19-11-10, 21:14
It is considered VERY crowded.
Like lake front residence? Very soon a 1000 unit development will be a common sight.

DC33_2008
19-11-10, 21:20
Lakefront R Vs Waterview. Lake view or reservoir view? Which is better?

august
19-11-10, 21:38
Lakefront R Vs Waterview. Lake view or reservoir view? Which is better?

my 1 cent,
Lakefront more for investment
Waterview more for own stay

DC33_2008
19-11-10, 21:41
MM unit will be popular for LF and 2-3 bedder will be more popular at Waterview.
my 1 cent,
Lakefront more for investment
Waterview more for own stay

rattydrama
20-11-10, 14:58
MM unit will be popular for LF and 2-3 bedder will be more popular at Waterview.

the pictures damn nice...any investment value in this projects since facing sea on both sides.

Not familiar with this area.

acidic.straw
20-11-10, 16:13
the pictures damn nice...any investment value in this projects since facing sea on both sides.

Not familiar with this area.

My thoughts are - for investment value, you must have good and clear views of the water else it will be just another condo with facilities.

LF has the advantage of proximity to MRT but choose the unit carefully as noise from the track may be a problem.The other concern I have is the possibility of another development springing up just beside yuan ching road, hence blocking the view.

WV has clear view of the water for those units facing the reservoir and those near the corners. Unlikely to have any further dev to block this view. The disadvantage is no MRT at the doorstep. Nearest MRT at this point is tampines which is abt 15 min away by public tx.

Wild Falcon
20-11-10, 16:45
Lakefront is NOT an MM condo.

DC33_2008
20-11-10, 17:02
I meant there are MM units (484sqft).

fairlady04
20-11-10, 17:57
just went. 250 units sold by 4pm... slowed down significantly as i think the ones who really want to buy have already bought.
the price is not exactly cheap considering the finishings (prob one of the cheapest showflat ID ever) and stuff they provide.
the smallest units are 2BR (700sf) and 2+1 (926sf), and none have Reservoir views. Will there really be rental potential in this area? even with United World College and Temasek Poly nearby, there are tonnes of HDB flats and cheaper private condos around, why rent this?

aimtowin
20-11-10, 19:38
For own stay? then rental?

reuters
20-11-10, 21:01
Both Lake Front and Water View are great for own stay rather than investment. The location of the important landmarks around here are already confirmed anyway, so don't think the buyers are speculators anymore. Compared with another mass market condo like NV residences in Pasir Ris, this location is more serene. The reservoir IS AN ASSET!!! Not sure if expats like to rent this area and if the target tenants are wealthy ones, they won't be having jobs around this area - more to town area and possibly prefer south or south-east side. Can hope to rent them to expat professors from the new university on the east side.

aimtowin
20-11-10, 21:10
Both Lake Front and Water View are great for own stay rather than investment. The location of the important landmarks around here are already confirmed anyway, so don't think the buyers are speculators anymore. Compared with another mass market condo like NV residences in Pasir Ris, this location is more serene. The reservoir IS AN ASSET!!! Not sure if expats like to rent this area and if the target tenants are wealthy ones, they won't be having jobs around this area - more to town area and possibly prefer south or south-east side. Can hope to rent them to expat professors from the new university on the east side.

Perhaps to the Changi Business Park people which is not too far away..

Wolverine77
20-11-10, 21:35
For Waterview, best to compare with changi rise and savannah condo before making a decision. WV like those mentioned are very far from mrt and amenities. SC and CR are priced around $660-760psf range and offers bigger unit size than WV. Despite all these they are well maintained and with some years run down in the lease. They are the condo with alot of unique facilities and units numbered above 600. As for WV, the units seems to be quite a lot 696 vs 638 SC vs 598 CR and next to quarry lake isn't that fantastic about and also not near enough to good primary school. Near to poly isn't a good idea during peak hours travel. NV may not have a bedok reservoir but it still has a beach nearby. As for lakefront condo, if you can stand the strong smell of chemicals and noise all year rd... surely you can live anywhere on the planet earth.

kEN9170
21-11-10, 12:39
http://seenthisscenethat.blogspot.com/2009/04/tampines-quarry-park.html

shauntanzs
21-11-10, 20:35
Just came back from showroom. More than 50% sold. Big units go 1st. Many 2bedder left.

By the way the finishes really sucks.. All the cabinet n wardrobe doors are dummy. You cant tell what type of hinges n wood they are giving u. Chip wood or plywood? Even the kitchen sink is solid top moulded. :doh: Please provide proper stainless steel sink!!

All can expect what the flooring is.

peterng8
21-11-10, 20:46
Just came back from showroom. More than 50% sold. Big units go 1st. Many 2bedder left.

By the way the finishes really sucks.. All the cabinet n wardrobe doors are dummy. You cant tell what type of hinges n wood they are giving u. Chip wood or plywood? Even the kitchen sink is solid top moulded. :doh: Please provide proper stainless steel sink!!

who is the developer? keppel, MCL or FEO, capitaland?

shauntanzs
22-11-10, 08:00
Sim lian.. Local contractor cum developer.

DC33_2008
22-11-10, 08:13
What is the $psf for 3 bedders?
Sim lian.. Local contractor cum developer.

drago
22-11-10, 08:16
If really need to buy, do not consider those unit facing Tamp Ave 10.
Morning rush hour the road is slow moving leading to PIE. With so many cars in the morning rush, with so many trucks travelling to and from the "sand holding ground" (sorry, don't know what that call), the unit facing the road will be very dusty.:(

aimtowin
22-11-10, 08:23
If really need to buy, do not consider those unit facing Tamp Ave 10.
Morning rush hour the road is slow moving leading to PIE. With so many cars in the morning rush, with so many trucks travelling to and from the "sand holding ground" (sorry, don't know what that call), the unit facing the road will be very dusty.:(

Those units are the units facing the quarry. If interested, buy those units facing Tampines Ave 1, or facing pool, else Reservoir units, but they are all sold.

aimtowin
22-11-10, 08:27
What is the $psf for 3 bedders?

Depending on unit facing, its around 860 - 890 psf.

gohsoonk
22-11-10, 08:43
True. I hate the big yard area. Big areas should be given to areas where most people would spend time in...e.g. living room

gohsoonk
22-11-10, 08:48
Agree. The finishing is pretty average.

The reason why the cupboards were locked was that they were afraid children will injure themselves.

22-11-10, 16:56
Thought waterview offeres everyone a view of the water, whether it is reservoir, quarry park or the 2 circular pools. The exception being those facing Tampines ave 1, get zero waterview....:scared-3:

Those units are the units facing the quarry. If interested, buy those units facing Tampines Ave 1, or facing pool, else Reservoir units, but they are all sold.

bargain hunter
22-11-10, 23:09
332 out of 390 units released sold so far. 110 more to be released this week.

http://info.sgx.com/webcoranncatth.nsf/VwAttachments/Att_3630EC1B8A170433482577E30033F49C/$file/PressRelease-Waterview.2010-11-22.pdf?openelement

kingkong1984
23-11-10, 11:50
Would this have any impact on the sales? Anyway it seems like Developer can hold and wait out liao.

http://www.ura.gov.sg/pr/graphics/2010/pr10-62a30.pdf

rattydrama
23-11-10, 12:16
I have a chance to speak to my banker friends yesterday. She mentioned that the project that sells fast is LF and for Waterview, it is not as fast but the sales is good and many units are gradually sold and developer has actually adjust the price upwards. Many people just buy without hesitation. But definitely it will be for home stay and at 890psf.
:beats-me-man:

My thoughts are - for investment value, you must have good and clear views of the water else it will be just another condo with facilities.

LF has the advantage of proximity to MRT but choose the unit carefully as noise from the track may be a problem.The other concern I have is the possibility of another development springing up just beside yuan ching road, hence blocking the view.

WV has clear view of the water for those units facing the reservoir and those near the corners. Unlikely to have any further dev to block this view. The disadvantage is no MRT at the doorstep. Nearest MRT at this point is tampines which is abt 15 min away by public tx.

acidic.straw
23-11-10, 16:11
I have a chance to speak to my banker friends yesterday. She mentioned that the project that sells fast is LF and for Waterview, it is not as fast but the sales is good and many units are gradually sold and developer has actually adjust the price upwards. Many people just buy without hesitation. But definitely it will be for home stay and at 890psf.
:beats-me-man:

Yes, agree WV is generally for home stay. Only the few stacks lining the reservoir with good view are good for investments. It's a diff set of tenants from those property in the city. I reckon the bigger units facing the reservoir may be more attractive investments as this is a family oriented environment and expats with a young family in tow will likely want to rent a bigger unit.

propertysgp
05-12-10, 15:17
Hmm..think 2 projects generally different. Not apple to apple comparison coz different zones.
Think should compare with same zone.
But cannot agree less than it's not near mrt...

kingkong1984
05-12-10, 15:22
Hmm..think 2 projects generally different. Not apple to apple comparison coz different zones.
Think should compare with same zone.
But cannot agree less than it's not near mrt...
Tat,s why 850, if not 1000.

East Lover
06-12-10, 13:47
Tat,s why 850, if not 1000.
prime units with unblock view all above 900psf.

East Lover
06-12-10, 13:49
332 out of 390 units released sold so far. 110 more to be released this week.

http://info.sgx.com/webcoranncatth.nsf/VwAttachments/Att_3630EC1B8A170433482577E30033F49C/$file/PressRelease-Waterview.2010-11-22.pdf?openelement
how is the sales now? I guess those blocks which have quarry view+road noise may have problem to sell fast???
I noticed that there are still quit a lot of cars in the showflat, but can't tell from agents or protential buyers :)

bargain hunter
06-12-10, 21:15
no idea leh. sim lian hasn't announced anything since then. :ashamed1: but maybe tomorrow's business times may provide an update.

how is the sales now? I guess those blocks which have quarry view+road noise may have problem to sell fast???
I noticed that there are still quit a lot of cars in the showflat, but can't tell from agents or protential buyers :)

East Lover
08-12-10, 08:20
no idea leh. sim lian hasn't announced anything since then. :ashamed1: but maybe tomorrow's business times may provide an update.
last night agent sms me that waterview 65% sold, price increased 1-2% only

kingkong1984
08-12-10, 08:22
Very gd liao... Expect fully sold in 3 mths

aimtowin
08-12-10, 10:21

Great! :cheers1:

bargain hunter
08-12-10, 10:22
65% of 696 units means crossed the 450 mark already.

devilplate
08-12-10, 10:25
65% of 696 units means crossed the 450 mark already.

actually if compared it with Treehouse which is also launch at 8xxpsf...this one looks pale in comparison:2cents:

looks like west is more popular den the east? or isit CDL vs sim lian branding?

bargain hunter
08-12-10, 10:31
think there are various factors:

1) market was hotter then with not so many choices AND before cooling measures
2) CDL vs sim lian
3) supposed greenery view which came once in many years vs the entire better located waterfront waves/key/gold already launched in the past few years.

actually if compared it with Treehouse which is also launch at 8xxpsf...this one looks pale in comparison:2cents:

devilplate
08-12-10, 10:34
think there are various factors:

1) market was hotter then with not so many choices AND before cooling measures
2) CDL vs sim lian
3) supposed greenery view which came once in many years vs the entire better located waterfront waves/key/gold already launched in the past few years.

agree but actually treehse dun hf much greenary view ....i was commenting with the agt y the developer orientate in such a way:D

bargain hunter
08-12-10, 11:57
"supposed" greenery view mah. now govt is selling the site beside it too?

agree but actually treehse dun hf much greenary view ....i was commenting with the agt y the developer orientate in such a way:D

kingkong1984
08-12-10, 11:58
Yup, quite a lot in D23.... Some are not announced yet.

rattydrama
09-12-10, 22:40

east too saturated and psf higher. West still have rooms for improvement and it was a child that no one cares for a long time.

devilplate
09-12-10, 22:43
east too saturated and psf higher. West still have rooms for improvement and it was a child that no one cares for a long time.

psf lower meh? tat 2 projects i compare similar psf wor

rattydrama
09-12-10, 22:58
psf lower meh? tat 2 projects i compare similar psf wor

my statement is a general statement not targeting at these 2 new projects. west psf is lower in the past. Now west should have catch up liao and with more projects coming up, again pple buying "hope".

acidic.straw
10-12-10, 08:38
ST Forum

Dec 10, 2010

Road capacity increased

WE THANK Mr Lee Soon Tat for sharing his concerns about the potential traffic situation at the junction of Tampines Avenue 1 and Avenue 10 with the launch of Waterview residential development ('Congestion'; Dec 1).
We assure him that in intensifying land use, the Urban Redevelopment Authority (URA) works closely with partner agencies to ensure it is in tandem with the area's growth and efficient use of public infrastructure, such as roads and rail lines, and will not adversely affect the quality of the living environment.
For the residential sale site at Tampines Avenue 1 and Avenue 10, URA recognises that additional traffic may be generated in the area and had worked closely with the Land Transport Authority (LTA) to ensure that the road capacity is increased to meet the demands of new developments in the area.
As an example, since July, the LTA has widened Tampines Avenue 10 between Bartley Road East and Tampines Avenue 5 from three lanes to four lanes in both directions. LTA has also made improvements to the junction of Tampines Avenue 1 and Avenue 10 to cater to higher volumes of turning traffic.
Tan See Nin
Director (Physical Planning)
Urban Redevelopment Authority

feliciacao
13-12-10, 10:20
went to their show flat and the back balcony is HUGE!! Esp the 4+1 unit.. Dun understand why they make it so big, sure can hold a party there.. or maybe change that to a kitchen and use the kitchen as dining area so the living room will be super big? although i dunno if that's feasible..

just super turned off by their ID work, my sis bought 1st dbss from sim lian and her biggest concern is the workmanship, so this time round she told me the finishing is almost no diff as compared to her DBSS, so the price is really a bit steep in my opinion as the location is really far from MRT..

East Lover
13-12-10, 10:50
went to their show flat and the back balcony is HUGE!! Esp the 4+1 unit.. Dun understand why they make it so big, sure can hold a party there.. or maybe change that to a kitchen and use the kitchen as dining area so the living room will be super big? although i dunno if that's feasible..

just super turned off by their ID work, my sis bought 1st dbss from sim lian and her biggest concern is the workmanship, so this time round she told me the finishing is almost no diff as compared to her DBSS, so the price is really a bit steep in my opinion as the location is really far from MRT..
Agreed with the quality of finishing. but ppl bought for the rare water view as no more plots can have south facing reservisor view except Tropica and Waterview. For finishing, can overcome by reno (again, yes, it's not cheap)

feliciacao
13-12-10, 11:07
Agreed with the quality of finishing. but ppl bought for the rare water view as no more plots can have south facing reservisor view except Tropica and Waterview. For finishing, can overcome by reno (again, yes, it's not cheap)
Yup agreed! For us who stay most of our time in office everyday, and go home to play with kids and sleep only, dun think we have time to enjoy the view much..

That day my maid was looking at the brochure and commented that the reservoir view is breathtaking! I told her you think that's clear blue sea water huh, if ever we want to get this condo it is definitely not because of the reservoir view.. haha but that's just us sia who dun really know how to appreciate nice scenery anyway..

East Lover
13-12-10, 12:31
Yup agreed! For us who stay most of our time in office everyday, and go home to play with kids and sleep only, dun think we have time to enjoy the view much..

That day my maid was looking at the brochure and commented that the reservoir view is breathtaking! I told her you think that's clear blue sea water huh, if ever we want to get this condo it is definitely not because of the reservoir view.. haha but that's just us sia who dun really know how to appreciate nice scenery anyway..
haha, i guess different stage different requirement. when your kids grow up, you will have time to appreciate the good view. :)

But if not for reservoir view, then there is no much selling point in Waterview - the price is higher (>900 psf for good units), the size is compact (you can say it's optimized hehehe), the distance to MRT is far.

Why not look at resale market? But i'm afraid those condo which next to MRT are already asking sky high price now.

Ever seen Tropica before? ;) it's worhty for money!

feliciacao
13-12-10, 12:51
haha, i guess different stage different requirement. when your kids grow up, you will have time to appreciate the good view. :)

But if not for reservoir view, then there is no much selling point in Waterview - the price is higher (>900 psf for good units), the size is compact (you can say it's optimized hehehe), the distance to MRT is far.

Why not look at resale market? But i'm afraid those condo which next to MRT are already asking sky high price now.

Ever seen Tropica before? ;) it's worhty for money!

woot Tropica, thanks for the advice!!! will take a look then :)
resale like you said, not any cheaper either..

nonameleh
13-12-10, 14:07
Any food/hawker centre around the area within walking distance? Wondering how those people have lunch there, maybe from TP canteen? It looks deserted, unless you drive....

Kengar
13-12-10, 14:17
Any food/hawker centre around the area within walking distance? Wondering how those people have lunch there, maybe from TP canteen? It looks deserted, unless you drive....

Nope, nearest food/hawker/wet market centre is about 2 bus stops away.

East Lover
13-12-10, 16:40
hehe ppl here all driving, and majoriy have maid, can cook at home. so far no issue.

but when waterview and new EC are up, i guess (and I hope) government will setup some coffee shop and grocery shop nearby, then desert will turn to oasis ;)

East Lover
14-12-10, 12:45
So fast!

Unit: Blk 81 #14-18
+ got pool view and reservior view and partial quary view?
- road noise from Ave 10
Psf: $948
floor area 1324
Total: $1255k
Transaction date: 17 Nov 10

condolisa
14-12-10, 12:55
If I remember correctly, this unit has 270 degree view and is away from traffic noise.

East Lover
14-12-10, 13:02
If I remember correctly, this unit has 270 degree view and is away from traffic noise.

MBR could be hot and noisy. but 270 degree view is very attractive!
http://www.tampineswaterview.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/1siteplan.jpg

rattydrama
14-12-10, 20:10
is this area RCR? wow 3 bed at this psf, re-sale market for other projects will have alot of hope...I see that the RCR will have more transactions in the near future.

So fast!

Unit: Blk 81 #14-18
+ got pool view and reservior view and partial quary view?
- road noise from Ave 10
Psf: $948
floor area 1324
Total: $1255k
Transaction date: 17 Nov 10

bargain hunter
15-12-10, 12:23
No. 2 top seller in Nov 376 units sold in Nov. Median Price 903psf. not sure how much more has been sold in the past 2 weeks.

Kengar
15-12-10, 13:02
No. 2 top seller in Nov 376 units sold in Nov. Median Price 903psf. not sure how much more has been sold in the past 2 weeks.

Cool where did you get all these info Bargain Hunter? You working in real estate business?

bargain hunter
15-12-10, 13:47
nope, this is public info. every 15th of the following month, the data is released on URA's website ;) :

http://www.ura.gov.sg/real_estate/index.htm click on "Check price of private residential units sold"

Cool where did you get all these info Bargain Hunter? You working in real estate business?

condolisa
16-12-10, 08:32
I wonder which stack is selling at 501 psf? Seems reasonable price.

East Lover
16-12-10, 08:49
I wonder which stack is selling at 501 psf? Seems reasonable price.
must be Penthouse loh. start from 2.xx mil, reasonable? :D

Sim Lian Chairman bought one at $2,223,000 for 4176 sqft, that will be at 532 psf.

condolisa
16-12-10, 09:00
must be Penthouse loh. start from 2.xx mil, reasonable? :D

Sim Lian Chairman bought one at $2,223,000 for 4176 sqft, that will be at 532 psf.
It's reasonable in today's context :cool:

East Lover
16-12-10, 09:14
Private home sales soar

Wed, Dec 15, 2010
AsiaOne

Private home sales have hit 15,018 units in the first 11 months of this year, reported the Straits Times. This beats the previous record 14,811 units sold in 2007.

A total of 1,909 private homes were sold in Nov, marking an 80 per cent increase from the month before. This number does not include the sale of executive condominiums, which would push the figure up to 2,084.
Among the top sellers were Keppel's The Lakefront Residences near Lakeside MRT Station, where 437 units were snapped up at a median price of $1,075 per sq ft (psf), Sim Lian's Waterview in Tampines Ave 10, which saw 376 units sold at a median price of $903 psf and Spottiswoode Residences, with 258 buyers at $1,853 psf.

East Lover
22-12-10, 10:52
So far which unit is from $850 psf as they advertised? :(

Address PSF Sqft Price Contract Date
79 #06-15 $902 926 $835k 02 Dec 10
75 #12-08 $913 1184 $1081k 29 Nov 10
81 #14-18 $948 1324 $1255k 17 Nov 10

condolisa
22-12-10, 11:08

What say your agent? Wonder if 04-14 taken yet :D

East Lover
22-12-10, 16:00
What say your agent? Wonder if 04-14 taken yet :D
no update...:cool:

East Lover
22-12-10, 16:01
my lawyer wrote to developer for detailed floorplan. no response from them...

Don't understand. why they dear not to give us the floorplan with measurement. they should have at hand before lauch right?

Kengar
23-12-10, 10:43
my lawyer wrote to developer for detailed floorplan. no response from them...

Don't understand. why they dear not to give us the floorplan with measurement. they should have at hand before lauch right?

Hi East Lover, do you plan to make changes to the interior fittings that the developer is providing? :)

I am planning to do my own marble flooring. Not sure if it would be a difficult to coordinate with my renovation company when the time comes.

East Lover
23-12-10, 11:43
Hi East Lover, do you plan to make changes to the interior fittings that the developer is providing? :)

I am planning to do my own marble flooring. Not sure if it would be a difficult to coordinate with my renovation company when the time comes.
yes, i'm thinking of it...
that's why detailed measurement is important, so we can plan ahead. lawyer said we need to report defect within 1 mth after T.O.P., so only that we can start reno, right?

Kengar
23-12-10, 13:24
that's why detailed measurement is important, so we can plan ahead. lawyer said we need to report defect within 1 mth after T.O.P., so only that we can start reno, right?

I know we can write in to report defect within 1 year of TOP; is the 1 month policy meant to ensure areas subjected to renovation are okay before the reno starts?

I am just thinking that during renovations, the contractors would have a higher chance of damaging those that already fitted/built-in by developer.

May be difficult to establiseh who's at fault.

Probably it is the risk that we have to take. Haha.

bargain hunter
23-12-10, 13:58
usually, in the 1st week after u get your keys, you should do a thorough inspection and report the defects. the faster u report, the better becoz other units will soon join the queue and if u r slow u will be way down the order for rectification. indeed, if u do ur reno first, there may be some dispute later.

I know we can write in to report defect within 1 year of TOP; is the 1 month policy meant to ensure areas subjected to renovation are okay before the reno starts?

I am just thinking that during renovations, the contractors would have a higher chance of damaging those that already fitted/built-in by developer.

nonameleh
23-12-10, 14:00

Hello East Lover, where did you find the addresses of the units sold?

terence
23-12-10, 16:36
check streetsine for the infor :)

nonameleh
23-12-10, 19:16
check streetsine for the infor :)

Thank you !

East Lover
24-12-10, 10:04

If you wanto change to marble, do you want to request developer not lay the flooring? otherwise you have to pay for the removal as well...

Btw, my WV option paper was signed by "Marble Tan", haha, sounds familar to our Tampines MP?!:cool:

Anyway I think i better ask designer to see the showflat first, then plan carefully.

usually, in the 1st week after u get your keys, you should do a thorough inspection and report the defects. the faster u report, the better becoz other units will soon join the queue and if u r slow u will be way down the order for rectification. indeed, if u do ur reno first, there may be some dispute later.
Thanks for the tips.:) hope we can collect key at first batch, so can act fast ;)

Kengar
24-12-10, 10:17
Yeah yup, I intend to request them not to lay the tile.

I have sent an email to a contact person from the developer, provided by Orangetee about my request (also asked for the detailed floor plan), still waiting for their reply. :)

Apparently WV and Tropica are not under Tampines GRC according to a recent Straits Times article.... I think it is under Aljunied GRC. The Tampines GRC line cuts off along Tampines Ave 1. :P

If you wanto change to marble, do you want to request developer not lay the flooring? otherwise you have to pay for the removal as well...

Btw, my WV option paper was signed by "Marble Tan", haha, sounds familar to our Tampines MP?!:cool:

Anyway I think i better ask designer to see the showflat first, then plan carefully.

Thanks for the tips.:) hope we can collect key at first batch, so can act fast ;)

bargain hunter
24-12-10, 10:19
marble tan should provide marble leh...how come never? haha

designer willing to help u design so many years before TOP?

Kengar
24-12-10, 10:23
Does anyone know an effective window film that allows maximum light to come in, and yet people outside cannot see through (both day and night)?

Or are the existing windows provided by the developer is enough? haha

I think my bedroom is within the viewing distance of the neighbour unit.

devilplate
24-12-10, 10:24

$$ ...pay deposit first surely can....lol

devilplate
24-12-10, 10:25
Does anyone know an effective window film that allows maximum light to come in, and yet people outside cannot see through (both day and night)?

Or are the existing windows provided by the developer is enough? haha

I think my bedroom is within the viewing distance of the neighbour unit.

not such film available.....

only day time....at nite....ppl see u more clearly unless u do those super dark tinted....min sunlight

East Lover
24-12-10, 10:38
Yeah yup, I intend to request them not to lay the tile.

I have sent an email to a contact person from the developer, provided by Orangetee about my request (also asked for the detailed floor plan), still waiting for their reply. :)

Apparently WV and Tropica are not under Tampines GRC according to a recent Straits Times article.... I think it is under Aljunied GRC. The Tampines GRC line cuts off along Tampines Ave 1. :P
I know, because George Yeo is Tropica MP, not Mah Bow Tan... but hoh, I do hope my option was singed by Mah Bow Tan instead of Mable Tan. hahaha :D

East Lover
24-12-10, 10:41

Good suggestion! I did ask immediately when I saw that name, they just laught loh.

not say marble lah, even no ovan provided. if it's not the last slot of land with south facing lake view, i won't buy also. so costly. what to do?

our Tropica famous designer very very helpful one. he doesn't mind to take a look at WV showflat ;)

McKinnon
24-12-10, 16:09
pwah, stan so nice to you! :D

Good suggestion! I did ask immediately when I saw that name, they just laught loh.

not say marble lah, even no ovan provided. if it's not the last slot of land with south facing lake view, i won't buy also. so costly. what to do?

our Tropica famous designer very very helpful one. he doesn't mind to take a look at WV showflat ;)

East Lover
27-12-10, 08:48
pwah, stan so nice to you! :D
Stan is nice to all of us ;)

by the way hoh, your #12 so expensive hah!

Address PSF Area Sqft Price Contract Date
77 #06-12 $920 1130 $1040k 9-Dec-10

McKinnon
27-12-10, 10:19
ppl who stay tropica know exactly which blks to home in to lo..

that's why you bought stack 13 right? :D

East Lover
27-12-10, 10:22
ppl who stay tropica know exactly which blks to home in to lo..

that's why you bought stack 13 right? :D
mine is stack 09 ;)

McKinnon
27-12-10, 10:24
oh ya, the rich ppl's stack.. kekeke.. :D

mine is stack 09 ;)

East Lover
27-12-10, 10:54
the waterview showflat closed till 7th Jan 2011. any idea? couldn't read the details... is it due to slow sales or sales too good, then they closed for 2 weeks holiday?!!:scared-5:

East Lover
27-12-10, 10:55
oh ya, the rich ppl's stack.. kekeke.. :D
ai yoh.... don't like that leh...

SRM
27-12-10, 17:00
Congrats bro McKinnon !!! Stack 12 is indeed the place to be...:cheers1:

McKinnon
28-12-10, 04:56
not mine bro, will take a look when it TOPs..

i need to see and view the units that i buy. :D

Congrats bro McKinnon !!! Stack 12 is indeed the place to be...:cheers1:

SRM
28-12-10, 08:20
ah...ok

Was reading some reviews of Waterview.

Hottest stacks are:

Block 79 : stacks 13 and 14.
Block 77: stacks 09 and 12.

http://forum.geomancy.net/phpforum/article.php?bid=2&fid=43&mid=28701&new=

Eastlover, very good buy for you...:)

not mine bro, will take a look when it TOPs..

i need to see and view the units that i buy. :D

East Lover
28-12-10, 08:46
ah...ok

Was reading some reviews of Waterview.

Hottest stacks are:

Block 79 : stacks 13 and 14.
Block 77: stacks 09 and 12.

http://forum.geomancy.net/phpforum/article.php?bid=2&fid=43&mid=28701&new=

Eastlover, very good buy for you...:)
Thank you :)

reading the forum now. very interesting. i like the study he did for Tropica as well

Kengar
28-12-10, 08:58
I managed to speak to the Sim Lian person-in-charge of Waterview.
[Shirley Koh [email protected] Tel: 63036163]

She says we can inform them early regarding the modification works (no time line as to how early, but she says there is a cut-off, suggest to contact her again closer to completion).

They will try their best to accomodate our requests. (e.g. I planning to do my own marble flooring, she ask me to check with the reno contractor how thick will the marble be so that they can plan the flooring height for bedroom and kitchen accordingly.)

According to them the detailed floor plan not ready yet. We can try requesting again say next year.

The piling work should start around after Chinese New Year.

Cheers!

East Lover
28-12-10, 09:04
I managed to speak to the Sim Lian person-in-charge of Waterview.
[Shirley Koh [email protected] Tel: 63036163]

She says we can inform them early regarding the modification works (no time line as to how early, but she says there is a cut-off, suggest to contact her again closer to completion).

They will try their best to accomodate our requests. (e.g. I planning to do my own marble flooring, she ask me to check with the reno contractor how thick will the marble be so that they can plan the flooring height for bedroom and kitchen accordingly.)

According to them the detailed floor plan not ready yet. We can try requesting again say next year.

The piling work should start around after Chinese New Year.

Cheers!
wow, thanks a lot for the sharing! OK, i will contact her as well.

Planed to see the showflat with ID but it was closed for 2 weeks. do you know how much is the cost for marble flooring?

Kengar
28-12-10, 09:23
Me no idea too, also want find out sometime when I am free.

But without the actual floorplans might be hard unless we measure the showroom itself? :D

I forgot to ask the lady why the showroom was closed for 2 weeks. :banghead:

wow, thanks a lot for the sharing! OK, i will contact her as well.

Planed to see the showflat with ID but it was closed for 2 weeks. do you know how much is the cost for marble flooring?

Tingwei
28-12-10, 19:05
Me no idea too, also want find out sometime when I am free.

But without the actual floorplans might be hard unless we measure the showroom itself? :D

I forgot to ask the lady why the showroom was closed for 2 weeks. :banghead:

Maybe too many ppl take leave. :)

East Lover
29-12-10, 08:19
Maybe too many ppl take leave. :)
maybe sales is too good, they give 2 weeks break?! haha :rolleyes:

Noticed the dormitory is ready, 2 story building facing beautiful quary hehe. the workers are busy doing something on the path to showflat...

don't tell me the showflat is going to tear down! I haven't measured yet :o

Kengar
29-12-10, 08:44
East Lover, if you are going to call the Sim Lian contact can u also ask her how long will the Showroom be kept available before it is torn down?

I wanna plan a surprise visit for my parents and my newborn girl .. hee hee

maybe sales is too good, they give 2 weeks break?! haha :rolleyes:

Noticed the dormitory is ready, 2 story building facing beautiful quary hehe. the workers are busy doing something on the path to showflat...

don't tell me the showflat is going to tear down! I haven't measured yet :o

East Lover
29-12-10, 08:53
East Lover, if you are going to call the Sim Lian contact can u also ask her how long will the Showroom be kept available before it is torn down?

I wanna plan a surprise visit for my parents and my newborn girl .. hee hee
sure. will update you.

Congratulations to your newborn little princess :)

By the way, which stack did you buy?

Kengar
29-12-10, 08:59
Thanks! .. I got stack 13. :)

sure. will update you.

Congratulations to your newborn little princess :)

By the way, which stack did you buy?

East Lover
29-12-10, 09:04
Thanks! .. I got stack 13. :)
Hotest stack. Very good buy, neighbor!:)

condolisa
29-12-10, 09:32
Hotest stack. Very good buy, neighbor!:)

Has anyone who bought Waterview considered Waterfront Key also? How do the two stack against each other?

East Lover
29-12-10, 10:49
Has anyone who bought Waterview considered Waterfront Key also? How do the two stack against each other?
saw both Waterfront Key and Gold. Size big but not useful, FEO expensive and quality no good, don't like baywindow in all the rooms, don't like the view with road noise. for ownstay, so MRT not bother me, all these are the reasons resulted to buy waterview :)

by the way, what do you mean "How do the two stack against each other"?

McKinnon
29-12-10, 12:37
means if you stack the 2 condos side by side, what are the plus and minus points for each, and which is ultimately better.

saw both Waterfront Key and Gold. Size big but not useful, FEO expensive and quality no good, don't like baywindow in all the rooms, don't like the view with road noise. for ownstay, so MRT not bother me, all these are the reasons resulted to buy waterview :)

by the way, what do you mean "How do the two stack against each other"?

sgkingkong
29-12-10, 12:48

The pricing is a little different.

Kengar
29-12-10, 13:22
Probably hard to do an Apple to Apple comparison.

General points I would think:

i) Waterfront has a Downtown Line nearby.. but not ready for another 10 years.

ii) Waterfront's furnishings seems to be better than Waterview.

iii) Waterview has no baywindows, hence the use of space would be more flexible/efficient.

iv) Waterview has free shuttle bus service to nearest MRT, but don't know for how long.

means if you stack the 2 condos side by side, what are the plus and minus points for each, and which is ultimately better.

acidic.straw
29-12-10, 13:27
iv) Waterview has free shuttle bus service to nearest MRT, but don't know for how long.

If you want it to continue, can get into the council when it's formed and push for its continuance :)

condolisa
29-12-10, 15:41
The pricing is a little different.
Thank you all for the useful input. I was under the impression that since both are new developments encircling the reservoir, they would be priced almost the same, as I recall an ad in papers selling Key at $938 psf.
I'm not sure if FE finishing is better from all the negative feedback I've read in this forum or is it the showroom ID that looks better?

Kengar
29-12-10, 16:01
In my view the Waterfront projects have invested more $ in the showroom ID than Waterview. Probably it is better to check with the Waterfront developers exactly what are not provided in the final deliverable compared to the showroom.

Have you seen Waterview Showroom before? I think there is really little ID effort in there :P

Location wise, my friends commented Tropica/Waterview seems out of the place. Maybe this caused a difference in pricing.

East Lover, I recently "borrowed" the Tropica function room to host a party, my friends loves the place very much, especially the site layout and the function room.

Thank you all for the useful input. I was under the impression that since both are new developments encircling the reservoir, they would be priced almost the same, as I recall an ad in papers selling Key at $938 psf.
I'm not sure if FE finishing is better from all the negative feedback I've read in this forum or is it the showroom ID that looks better?

condolisa
29-12-10, 16:15
In my view the Waterfront projects have invested more $ in the showroom ID than Waterview. Probably it is better to check with the Waterfront developers exactly what are not provided in the final deliverable compared to the showroom.

Have you seen Waterview Showroom before? I think there is really little ID effort in there :P

Location wise, my friends commented Tropica/Waterview seems out of the place. Maybe this caused a difference in pricing.

I've seen WV minimalist ID but have yet to tour the Waterfront collection although Waterfront Wave was already on my radar when it was first launched but I can't move past the road noise and dust hence have not visited the showflats.
Agree that WV seems out of this world :D

East Lover
29-12-10, 17:40

East Lover, I recently "borrowed" the Tropica function room to host a party, my friends loves the place very much, especially the site layout and the function room.
Yes, if you stay in Tropica or waterview, you will love this area, we go for life style, hehehe ;)

but hoh, when waterview and new EC built, i also hope got more shops nearby. hehehe :D

McKinnon
29-12-10, 18:49
bingo! needs to live here to understand the why one would buy the waterview when she can buy any condo anywhere else.

eastlover and i viewed a 4br at tropica and the
quiet reservoir view was mesmerizingly
:jaw-dropping:

Yes, if you stay in Tropica or waterview, you will love this area, we go for life style, hehehe ;)

but hoh, when waterview and new EC built, i also hope got more shops nearby. hehehe :D

Tingwei
30-12-10, 10:50

I hope so too! When i jogged there yesterday, only got a petrol station with Old Chang Kee nearby. The reservoir view is really very nice!

By the way. Tropica got shuttle bus to MRT station right?

East Lover
30-12-10, 12:53
I hope so too! When i jogged there yesterday, only got a petrol station with Old Chang Kee nearby. The reservoir view is really very nice!

By the way. Tropica got shuttle bus to MRT station right?
No, Tropica no shuttle bus to MRT station. But I have no idea why, maybe majority of residents are driving here, so no demand??? Bro McKinnon, you know the histroy?

McKinnon
30-12-10, 13:53
sorry i dunno lei..

No, Tropica no shuttle bus to MRT station. But I have no idea why, maybe majority of residents are driving here, so no demand??? Bro McKinnon, you know the histroy?

Kengar
09-01-11, 15:04
Hope they have something interesting near the WV/Tropica side:

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/singaporelocalnews/view/1103487/1/.html

Remaking Hougang, East Coast, Jurong Lake:

.... For East Coast, the HDB will remake the area surrounding East Coast Park and Bedok Reservoir into a recreational hub for Singaporeans....

East Lover
10-01-11, 08:37
Hope they have something interesting near the WV/Tropica side:

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/singaporelocalnews/view/1103487/1/.html

Remaking Hougang, East Coast, Jurong Lake:

.... For East Coast, the HDB will remake the area surrounding East Coast Park and Bedok Reservoir into a recreational hub for Singaporeans....

I'm wondering when are they going to remake the quarry park as they 'promised' in their 2008 master plan :)

Master Plan 2008

Boost to East Region as international gateway
24. New Tampines Quarry Park

Residents can visit the new beautiful waterfront Tampines Quarry Park which will be developed around the Tampines quarry.http://www.ura.gov.sg/pr/text/pr03-19.html

aimtowin
10-01-11, 09:18
I have heard and look at the WV for those blocks facing the quarry. Evening Sun? anyone thought of that will it be hot?

East Lover
10-01-11, 09:28
I have heard and look at the WV for those blocks facing the quarry. Evening Sun? anyone thought of that will it be hot?
yes, it will be hot, and that's not evening sun, instead, it's afternoon west sun starts from noon to 7PM :scared-4:.

on top of the afternoon sun issue, those units will also face road noise issue as the traffic in ave 10 is supper heavy.

anyone knows the sales progress for those units? will Sim Lian lower the price or give something free to attract the buyers?

Kengar
10-01-11, 09:42
Maybe need to give our "Dear MPs" a gentle reminder during their walkabout / election campaign. Since they are the World Best Paid Civil Service Professionals.

Let's also ask them to have an extension for the Downtown line to the WV,Tropica, and upcoming EC (beside Caltex) area. :D

I'm wondering when are they going to remake the quarry park as they 'promised' in their 2008 master plan :)

Master Plan 2008

Boost to East Region as international gateway
24. New Tampines Quarry Park

Residents can visit the new beautiful waterfront Tampines Quarry Park which will be developed around the Tampines quarry.http://www.ura.gov.sg/pr/text/pr03-19.html

Kengar
10-01-11, 09:47
yes, it will be hot, and that's not evening sun, instead, it's afternoon west sun starts from noon to 7PM :scared-4:.

on top of the afternoon sun issue, those units will also face road noise issue as the traffic in ave 10 is supper heavy.

anyone knows the sales progress for those units? will Sim Lian lower the price or give something free to attract the buyers?
Noticed there were no advertisments in the newspapers during last weekend after the showrooms were re-opened after the "festive season"... looks like developer not urgent to sell, or maybe comfortable with the progress so far?

patricia
10-01-11, 09:57
Noticed there were no advertisments in the newspapers during last weekend after the showrooms were re-opened after the "festive season"... looks like developer not urgent to sell, or maybe comfortable with the progress so far?Or no confident it will sell even if they advertise??

desquire
10-01-11, 10:16
Maybe need to give our "Dear MPs" a gentle reminder during their walkabout / election campaign. Since they are the World Best Paid Civil Service Professionals.

Let's also ask them to have an extension for the Downtown line to the WV,Tropica, and upcoming EC (beside Caltex) area. :D

Got a newsletter last month (in my letterbox)or so regarding the Downtown Line being close to Temasek Poly. One of the exits will be right in front of the HDB block 933-if i am not wrong. I'm sure it'll be linked somehow to the other side of it which is TP.

Guess it will probably have 2 exits or so. All we need to do is probably walk a few minutes and we'll be there. Not that very far... still manageable:D

devilplate
10-01-11, 10:17
Got a newsletter last month (in my letterbox)or so regarding the Downtown Line being close to Temasek Poly. One of the exits will be right in front of the HDB block 933-if i am not wrong. I'm sure it'll be linked somehow to the other side of it which is TP.

Guess it will probably have 2 exits or so. All we need to do is probably walk a few minutes and we'll be there. Not that very far... still manageable:D

TP is a very long stretch...better off taking bus

desquire
10-01-11, 10:18
Or no confident it will sell even if they advertise??

Latest that I've heard... 80% or so sold... Hot stacks gone in the HOT oven... the rest are low floors and some 'less hot' stacks...:scared-4:

aimtowin
10-01-11, 10:21

Looking forward to the exits...lets vote to be near at the tropical/VW entrance... :cheers6:

desquire
10-01-11, 10:23

haha.. true but if it's an underground one with little shops along the way like 'city link' ... then it seriously doesn't feel long... heheheh... :)

desquire
10-01-11, 10:25
Looking forward to the exits...lets vote to be near at the tropical/VW entrance... :cheers6:

Is there really such a thing as a vote?? I don't even know if they're constructing a 'bridge' over the big drain linking to the reservoir...

Again we can always walk along the side of the main road... as an alternative... kekkeke...:D

Kengar
10-01-11, 10:27

Agree TP is very long stretch, at least 4 bus stops distance from the boarding stop (Caltex) to the alighting stop (Downtown Line bus stop @ BLK 993).

I find it confusing why they did not have a station in the middle of TP, the open field near the overhead bridge would make more sense to serve the students. :confused:

East Lover
10-01-11, 12:57

hahaha! good idea! yes, since they are the World Best Paid Civil Service Professionals, we should demand the World Class Civil Service as well.

yes, election is coming, our dear George Yeo may come to Tropica to shake hand with us???:D

I visited Taiwan recently, and was told that Taipei can deliver subway one line per year! now you can go to almost everywhere in Taipei by MRT. And in Beijing and Shang hai, MRT lines were delivered very rapidly and reached to almost everywhere.

I don't understand why downline line needs to take 7 years in such a small island....comparing with other big cities, singapore just has too little MRT lines.

And it's possible to have an extension to TP, WV/Troica, because i know there are several extension in Tokyo subway ;) we took MRT everyday to everywhere in Tokyo, during our visit there, it's super convenient, even you speak little Japanese!:cool:

If STB wants to promo Singapore, they should have better public transport, to allow ppl travel easily!

East Lover
10-01-11, 13:02
Agree TP is very long stretch, at least 4 bus stops distance from the boarding stop (Caltex) to the alighting stop (Downtown Line bus stop @ BLK 993).

I find it confusing why they did not have a station in the middle of TP, the open field near the overhead bridge would make more sense to serve the students. :confused:
found this map again in google! i know it's not updated, but maybe in someday we will have such line to go to city hall directly!
http://mikuhaeru.files.wordpress.com/2010/02/possible-map-of-singapore-mrt-stations-large.png

East Lover
10-01-11, 13:55
假如您家有一个不太大的空间,并希望好好地利用它,既能会友娱乐,又可休息读书,更可收纳许多物品,那么和室恐怕是最好的选择。

和室,原指日本式住宅中的卧室。但是随着个性化装修的普及,现在所说的和室通常是指开放式空间的泛称。它是一种多元化的功能设计,可依照主人需求,设计成喝茶、视听、客房、休闲、书房等空间,其中还融合了中式、欧式等风格。只要有一个空间略高且有拉门、折叠门或卷帘等,能达到空间自由开合的效果,就可称为和室。同时,由于其并不受制于空间的大小,因此这种和室装修受到越来越多家庭的青睐。
和室装饰常见的造型比较简洁明快,以清雅为主,不宜过于繁复。所用的装饰品、布艺及家具都应配日式风格,并使用天然木材、砖石、草藤、棉布、麻料等原始材料。当然,和室风格也可做得别致一点儿,但原则上是不能脱离和室的清雅本色。一席榻榻米、一张矮几、几只垫子、一扇格子门窗与一盏淡雅的日式纸灯……简洁的屏风,简单的色调,都能恰到好处地体现出和室风格的精简及含蓄。
据阔达和轻舟的几位家装设计师介绍,近年来,国际流行的东方禅味让和室风格的装修大行其道。对于普通家庭来说,客厅、主卧、厨卫等大多数空间的装修风格和所用家具还是以现代风格为主,而客房或休闲厅等则使用和室风格的居多。那么,越来越受到关注的和室究竟有哪些与众不同的功能,既可以营造室内气氛,又有满足平常的使用呢?
●一室多用 很多人在装修时希望在家里设计一个休闲区或给自己的爱好留下空间,最普遍的要算利用和室设置茶室或视听室了。以木地板为主要地面材料,做出一个可供人休息的地台,一组矮柜的设计,简洁明朗的推拉门和一张松软的地毯,加上几个随意的抱枕,封闭的和室不仅是一间很舒适的房间,而且既能会客,又可以成为一个随意的休闲区域,是个不错的“家庭影剧院”,还可兼做书屋、客房。
●小屋变大 有些家庭的房间面积有限,如只有六、七平方米,采光又不好,将其设计成和室后,由于和室家具不像一般家具往上发展,而是另类的思维,往下发展,使视野所及的高度大大降低,这样视觉负担减轻,感觉空间变开阔,小空间也能变“大”了。而且,和室家具线条简约、质朴,从而摆脱了空间的局限,居室看起来干净利落。例如设计师可将和室中间的地板设计成活动式,内藏一个可折叠的小桌,用时将其支起,平时可把小桌收起放在地板下。
●收纳杂物 由于目前的装修中,和室的设计通常是采用木地板,并将地面架高的方式,因此木地板的下方就成了非常好的收纳场所。在和室的靠墙处,利用掀盖式的方式,可收藏许多过季寝具。在和室靠近拉门的地板下设置抽屉或小门,可置入拖鞋、工具箱等杂物。和室的天花板同样可以作为一个储物空间,收纳物品。如果把和室作为工作室,当然少不了各种电器的线路,可以利用合适的墙脚板来收纳、隐藏各种线路,让整个和室看起来整洁清爽

kEN9170
10-01-11, 20:42
http://img827.imageshack.us/img827/9250/tampineswest.jpg

desquire
10-01-11, 22:51
Wiw. Impressive. Very updated. So it's right at 933. Not too close neither is it too far. Anyway I guess most but not all of us hv our own medium of transport.

acidic.straw
13-01-11, 06:13

that's abt 1.3km away...quite a distance to walk

desquire
13-01-11, 07:04
that's abt 1.3km away...quite a distance to walk

Went marketing over the weekend. End up trying to walk from Prime Mart over to the other side of the road where WV is.. closer than my current street 71. Oncve we cross the road, its already within reach.

MRT wise, being a few bus stops away is alright to many of us i think. I'm just wondering why is it located over the other side at Blk 933 (maybe construction feasibility?) cause it will b a little frustrating for pupils from TP (or would it?).:)

East Lover
13-01-11, 08:22
Went marketing over the weekend. End up trying to walk from Prime Mart over to the other side of the road where WV is.. closer than my current street 71. Oncve we cross the road, its already within reach.

MRT wise, being a few bus stops away is alright to many of us i think. I'm just wondering why is it located over the other side at Blk 933 (maybe construction feasibility?) cause it will b a little frustrating for pupils from TP (or would it?).:)
same question... even LTA may build a exit to TP east gate, it will take a while to walk to the real train station. Guess it's due to the big water container (don't know what to call) in TP side? so LTA has no choice?

Kengar
13-01-11, 13:41
The way LTA places the Bedok Reservoir Station puzzles me.. it is located right beside BayWater and Waterfront Condos, seems like benefiting the non-HDB residents more.

HDB residents staying around Clearwater and Bedok North Street 3 will have to cross the overhead bridges to get to the station, and residents staying at Blocks 71X will have to walk abit.

East Lover
13-01-11, 14:25
The way LTA places the Bedok Reservoir Station puzzles me.. it is located right beside BayWater and Waterfront Condos, seems like benefiting the non-HDB residents more.

HDB residents staying around Clearwater and Bedok North Street 3 will have to cross the overhead bridges to get to the station, and residents staying at Blocks 71X will have to walk abit.
very valid point! public transport always put HDB residents as first priority.

BTW, FEO has share in waterfront collections. possible they have someone very powerful inside, can influence LTA decision, in order to benefit their projects???

Kengar
13-01-11, 20:27
New cooling measures!:scared-4:

The holding period for imposition of Seller's Stamp Duty (SSD) will be increased from the current three years to four years.

The SSD rates will be raised to 16 per cent, 12 per cent, 8 per cent and 4 per cent of consideration for residential properties which are bought on or after January 14, 2011, and are sold in the first, second, third and fourth year of purchase respectively;

And for property purchasers who are individuals with one or more outstanding housing loans at the time of the new home, the LTV limit on housing loans granted by financial institutions regulated by MAS will be lowered from 70 per cent to 60 per cent.

The measures will take effect on January 14, 2011.

desquire
13-01-11, 23:22
I wonder if this will result to a drop in the prices of property. If so wre dead meat!!! Kekeke.

McKinnon
14-01-11, 05:09
there will be an underpass from the station to the bus stop across the road.

http://forums.condosingapore.com/showthread.php?t=10245

Kengar
14-01-11, 08:34
Only the rich with holding power will becomer richer and richer as this opens up an opportunity to build up their investments with "cooler" prices.

For normal folks like us buying for own stay, let's just cross our fingers and pray for the best ahead! :cheers6:

I wonder if this will result to a drop in the prices of property. If so wre dead meat!!! Kekeke.

East Lover
14-01-11, 08:43
Only the rich with holding power will becomer richer and richer as this opens up an opportunity to build up their investments with "cooler" prices.

For normal folks like us buying for own stay, let's just cross our fingers and pray for the best ahead! :cheers6:
how about the rest of unsold waterview units? even harder to sell, then delay the construction???
if developer lower the price, can we demand the same? :( or at least free upgrade to marble floor and free build in Ovan:mad:

Denlim
14-01-11, 08:58
how about the rest of unsold waterview units? even harder to sell, then delay the construction???
if developer lower the price, can we demand the same? :( or at least free upgrade to marble floor and free build in Ovan:mad:

It is very likely that sales for the remaining units will come to a standstill as I heard sales are slow after the showroom opened on the 7th Jan, and this is before the new measures. Let's keep our fingers crossed that prices will not be hit by too much.

Kengar
14-01-11, 09:05
Developers will be counting their lost "gains" from the new measures, looks like the showflats will be dead as graveyard in the coming months (similar to the car showrooms). I don't think they will give the confirmed buyers any incentives.

Sim Lian shouldn't have closed the showflats for the festive season, now they must be regretting.

desquire
14-01-11, 09:08

This is my exactly what i am pondering about... sales have definitely slowed down over at WV as most of the good units have been snapped up...

The 'million-dollar-question' here is... if price drops... everything else decline... what we have paid for turns into dust be it stay or not... buy at 1m maybe sell at 600k?? grrrrr...:scared-2:

desquire
14-01-11, 09:10

i'm crossing everything i have now bro.. but my cheque have 'crossed' over to SL... kekekek:)

desquire
14-01-11, 09:14
Developers will be counting their lost "gains" from the new measures, looks like the showflats will be dead as graveyard in the coming months (similar to the car showrooms). I don't think they will give the confirmed buyers any incentives.

Sim Lian shouldn't have closed the showflats for the festive season, now they must be regretting.

Those in car and property business will ahve to face a standstill at the moment... Sim Lian has probably made more than they expected so the remaining units probably can go at a special discounted price???

WV is one thing... what about Austville and the rest of the 'yet' to be launched??!! gosh... truly headache... what a poor timing...

i hope we didn't make the wrong move in our purchase... just getting excited over the three year wait and now i am getting worried.... hahahah!! i also don't know to laugh or sob over the corner of the kitchen sink...!!!:confused:

Kengar
14-01-11, 09:28
The Government is an interesting creature. Rolling out land sales after land sales to developers. If the tender price is not good enough, the Govt will reject and go for a re-tender hoping for a higher price.

This effectively guarantees that the Govt makes $ first. Then Govt introduce cooling measures and depress demand, thereby pushing the problem out to developers.

Then again, the Govt wouldn't let the market cool off too much, if banks start to call for margin top up, this will spiral off to bad debts, bankruptcies, and eventually collapse of property and banking industry in SG. Unimaginable! :scared-4:

Those in car and property business will ahve to face a standstill at the moment... Sim Lian has probably made more than they expected so the remaining units probably can go at a special discounted price???

WV is one thing... what about Austville and the rest of the 'yet' to be launched??!! gosh... truly headache... what a poor timing...

i hope we didn't make the wrong move in our purchase... just getting excited over the three year wait and now i am getting worried.... hahahah!! i also don't know to laugh or sob over the corner of the kitchen sink...!!!:confused:

East Lover
14-01-11, 10:56
This is my exactly what i am pondering about... sales have definitely slowed down over at WV as most of the good units have been snapped up...

The 'million-dollar-question' here is... if price drops... everything else decline... what we have paid for turns into dust be it stay or not... buy at 1m maybe sell at 600k?? grrrrr...:scared-2:
in long run, property surely go up. so let's hold for 3 years hahaha:D

Anyway, for own stay, as long as we can hold, not big deal. in 10 years time, who knows what kind of price will the property market be? 2 years ago nobody dear to imagine tampinese/simei can sell 950-1200 psf right? 10 years later we look back, we will say luckily we grabed good units in waterview directly from developer hehehe ;)

desquire
14-01-11, 11:07

Anyway, for own stay, as long as we can hold, not big deal. in 10 years time, who knows what kind of price will the property market be? 2 years ago nobody dear to imagine tampinese/simei can sell 950-1200 psf right? 10 years later we look back, we will say luckily we grabed good units in waterview directly from developer hehehe ;)

Yup true... some of my friends ask me the reason for getting a leasehold instead of a freehold... at at 900psf!!!! in tampines somemore!!!

the truth is i dont even know if i will be arnd for 99 years and i know the area so very well!!! The rest is up to the young generation to struggle and survive... i have done my part in offering them a 'view near the water'...for now... kekekek!:D

Tingwei
14-01-11, 11:08

Agree. Most properties will appreciate after TOP because investors will be able to rent out immediately. Folks who want to have a place to stay immediately also don't mind paying slightly more. These new cooling measure will weed out the speculators but will keep long term investors in the market. :2cents:

desquire
14-01-11, 11:14
Agree. Most properties will appreciate after TOP because investors will be able to rent out immediately. Folks who want to have a place to stay immediately also don't mind paying slightly more. These new cooling measure will weed out the speculators but will keep long term investors in the market. :2cents:

INVESTORS like us... hooray... let's smile and wait for our new place...:D

jwong71
14-01-11, 11:19

buyers/investors/speculators nowsday are smarter. cos the peak in 1997 days, have make them heard so much stories how many were made a bankrupt,or not yet breakeven or losing on bank interests.

Be it long term or short term, me as speculator or investor or home buyer go into market with eyes wide open. And not by hoping for a long term prespective returns. cycles are unpredictable.

condolisa
14-01-11, 11:23
Looks like those who bought into this project are mainly for self-stay and renting out their HDB and most already secured their 70/80% loan... not likely to see firesale anytime soon... the reservoir water will suppress any fire :D

East Lover
14-01-11, 13:11
Looks like those who bought into this project are mainly for self-stay and renting out their HDB and most already secured their 70/80% loan... not likely to see firesale anytime soon... the reservoir water will suppress any fire :D
good observation:)
maybe can have some good buy among those left over units...;)

East Lover
14-01-11, 13:13
buyers/investors/speculators nowsday are smarter. cos the peak in 1997 days, have make them heard so much stories how many were made a bankrupt,or not yet breakeven or losing on bank interests.

Be it long term or short term, me as speculator or investor or home buyer go into market with eyes wide open. And not by hoping for a long term prespective returns. cycles are unpredictable.
In another hand, if market getting cooler, will bank interest getting lower?:D that will benefit us who have already secuted loan and with SOR/SIBOR/variable rate :D

desquire
14-01-11, 13:44
In another hand, if market getting cooler, will bank interest getting lower?:D that will benefit us who have already secuted loan and with SOR/SIBOR/variable rate :D
Market cooler=lesser people taking loan=interest up unlike now where many transactions are going on.

East Lover
14-01-11, 13:49
Market cooler=lesser people taking loan=interest up unlike now where many transactions are going on.
ai yoh, that's worse!

ecimbew
14-01-11, 13:59
ai yoh, that's worse!

Yah! So how? Who should we vote?

McKinnon
14-01-11, 20:25
less ppl taking loans = banks flush with cheap money how can interest rate go up.

mai kancheong, waterview is a good buy for own stay. :)

Kengar
14-01-11, 23:20
Finally signed my mortagage papers at the lawyers today, heard from the lawyer alot of anxious queries from their clients due to the new measures.

Looks like alot of serious thinking over the weekend for those who paid the booking fee before 14 Jan but not yet exercise the OTP.

desquire
15-01-11, 18:33
less ppl taking loans = banks flush with cheap money how can interest rate go up.

mai kancheong, waterview is a good buy for own stay. :)

I'm sure it will. Most of the buyers i supposed could have purchased for own stay with a minority for investment due to area (possible?).

In the meantime just watch and see in the next coming months the impact of the new measures... :D

cashrich
15-01-11, 20:17
I'm sure it will. Most of the buyers i supposed could have purchased for own stay with a minority for investment due to area (possible?).

In the meantime just watch and see in the next coming months the impact of the new measures... :D

Hey black ghost, I agree with you. Its black period now.. Wait for dust to settle. Dun sell if you dun have to. Dun list if you dun have to. Dun entertain if you dun have to.

Kengar
17-01-11, 13:04
Latest URA Dec 2010 Data

Total Units: 696
Culmulative Units Sold to Date: 436 (62%)
Culmulative Units Launched But Unsold: 260
Units Sold in Dec: 78

Median PSF Dec 2010: $903
Lowest PSF Dec 2010: $521
Highest PSF Dec 2010: $956

acidic.straw
17-01-11, 16:21
Latest URA Dec 2010 Data

Total Units: 696
Culmulative Units Sold to Date: 436 (62%)
Culmulative Units Launched But Unsold: 260
Units Sold in Dec: 78

Median PSF Dec 2010: $903
Lowest PSF Dec 2010: $521
Highest PSF Dec 2010: $956

If you have already bought it for home-stay/long-term, a downturn in the mkt is actually good. Developer will then be forced to either revise price downwards (most unlikely) or offer incentives (free oven, fridge, washers, etc) to attract buyers. Whatever they offer, they will likely offer those who have already bought units as they won't want the bad PR fall-out.
So watch out for their adverts or websites or keep your ears open for such offers from their showflat. If you hear anything good, just sound it out here :)

devilplate
17-01-11, 16:23
If you have already bought it for home-stay/long-term, a downturn in the mkt is actually good. Developer will then be forced to either revise price downwards (most unlikely) or offer incentives (free oven, fridge, washers, etc) to attract buyers. Whatever they offer, they will likely offer those who have already bought units as they won't want the bad PR fall-out.
So watch out for their adverts or websites or keep your ears open for such offers from their showflat. If you hear anything good, just sound it out here :)

i dun tink they will give 10% rebates to those who oredi bot if they were to cut the prices by 10% tmr

in this sense, FEO projects safest for early birdies...i dun tink they ever cut prices?? not tat i noe of

East Lover
17-01-11, 17:11
I agreed with devilplate that it's unlikely to give 10% rebates, but they may give some freebie to attract the potential buyers. then we must keep our eyes open, hehehe :p do we have some insider here? or all the buyers take turn to visit showflat again haha

by the way, i want free upgrade to marble on top of free oven, fridge, washers, etc hahaha:ashamed1:

bargain hunter
17-01-11, 17:12
they did cut for floridian between 2007 and early 2009 leh. but that's orchard parade, not exactly far east?

i dun tink they will give 10% rebates to those who oredi bot if they were to cut the prices by 10% tmr

in this sense, FEO projects safest for early birdies...i dun tink they ever cut prices?? not tat i noe of

devilplate
17-01-11, 17:15
they did cut for floridian between 2007 and early 2009 leh. but that's orchard parade, not exactly far east?

not sure....

they did cut for WFW...but tats with FCT...

hyenergix
17-01-11, 19:26
Far East is offering some furniture vouchers for Tennery. Very generous and unusual move of Far East. If it is getting weak legs over the new property measures, then it doesn't seem to be good news for the other developers.

http://www.valuebuddies.com/thread-613-post-5122.html#pid5122

DaytonaSS
17-01-11, 20:04
Far East is offering some furniture vouchers for Tennery. Very generous and unusual move of Far East. If it is getting weak legs over the new property measures, then it doesn't seem to be good news for the other developers.

does it mean those whom sign on the line earlier will get it also? If not seems like sucker to commit first leh

desquire
18-01-11, 06:15
I agreed with devilplate that it's unlikely to give 10% rebates, but they may give some freebie to attract the potential buyers. then we must keep our eyes open, hehehe :p do we have some insider here? or all the buyers take turn to visit showflat again haha

by the way, i want free upgrade to marble on top of free oven, fridge, washers, etc hahaha:ashamed1:

When we signed on the dotted line... there wasn't any fridge, washer, marble... hahahah....;)

I don't they will give them to those who hv already purchased the units...

For the rest of the units, they might some 'specials' due to the slow sale (anyway most of the good units already taken up and the new 'cooling' measures have made situation harder)... probably further discount on the price for new buyers?... say 5%???

We're the ones who are stuck i think... anyone heard of them offering 'freebies' to those who hv signed should they decide to do so to the new buyers of the remaining units??? I 'm not too sure about this sounds unlikely to me...:beats-me-man:

acidic.straw
18-01-11, 06:34
When we signed on the dotted line... there wasn't any fridge, washer, marble... hahahah....;)

I don't they will give them to those who hv already purchased the units...

For the rest of the units, they might some 'specials' due to the slow sale (anyway most of the good units already taken up and the new 'cooling' measures have made situation harder)... probably further discount on the price for new buyers?... say 5%???

We're the ones who are stuck i think... anyone heard of them offering 'freebies' to those who hv signed should they decide to do so to the new buyers of the remaining units??? I 'm not too sure about this sounds unlikely to me...:beats-me-man:

I understand that freebies given to later buyers are also given to those before. Developers are actually protecting their future interest else they will find hesitant early buyers in their future development.

Not so sure about discount though. I think highly unlikely they will give discount.

desquire
18-01-11, 07:41
I understand that freebies given to later buyers are also given to those before. Developers are actually protecting their future interest else they will find hesitant early buyers in their future development.

Not so sure about discount though. I think highly unlikely they will give discount.

Thanks for enlightening us about it. Possible for them to do such a thing for their own reputation. But in times of desperation they might just sell the remaining units at a steal to clear them off and get $$$.

Let's hope not. haha. I'm no investor/speculator, just buying a unit i think is decent for family stay (enjoy a little in this ever stressful environment) :D

DC33_2008
18-01-11, 08:03
In the Talking Point session last sunday, one of the guest mentioned that Tennery as one of the projects with high price in OCR. FEO has to do something to comfort the buyers with vouchers. They will not give discounts as previous buyers will be unhappy. They give more vouchers if the sales are reacting to the new measures.

condolisa
18-01-11, 08:29
Hmmm.... maybe SL could offer a loyalty discount of say 15% for you guys to buy a 2nd unit from them :D

bargain hunter
18-01-11, 09:14
isn't it normal? sometimes we r suckers when we commit first, and sometimes we r suckers when we buy last. part and parcel of life wat. :)

just as cooling measures are from 14th jan onwards, freebies (if any) wll also be for buyers from a certain date till a later date with the objective of moving sales. so, i don't expect earlier buyers to get anything more than what they have already signed for.

does it mean those whom sign on the line earlier will get it also? If not seems like sucker to commit first leh

desquire
18-01-11, 09:14
In the Talking Point session last sunday, one of the guest mentioned that Tennery as one of the projects with high price in OCR. FEO has to do something to comfort the buyers with vouchers. They will not give discounts as previous buyers will be unhappy. They give more vouchers if the sales are reacting to the new measures.

New buyers get and all get ok lah... if new get but not the earlier ones... then...:hell-hath-no-fury:

desquire
18-01-11, 09:15
Hmmm.... maybe SL could offer a loyalty discount of say 15% for you guys to buy a 2nd unit from them :D

i wish i was cashrich... can buy 5 more instead of just another one... hehehe.. :D

desquire
18-01-11, 09:17
isn't it normal? sometimes we r suckers when we commit first, and sometimes we r suckers when we buy last. part and parcel of life wat. :)

just as cooling measures are from 14th jan onwards, freebies (if any) wll also be for buyers from a certain date till a later date with the objective of moving sales. so, i don't expect earlier buyers to get anything more than what they have already signed for.

Spot on.. thats what i thought too.. hmmm:scared-4:

devilplate
18-01-11, 09:28
New buyers get and all get ok lah... if new get but not the earlier ones... then...:hell-hath-no-fury:

freebies meant to compensate 4yrs SSD mah....earlier buyers still better off without it

Kengar
18-01-11, 09:31

If I am an interested buyer after the new rules, likely i won't be swayed by the freebies and discounts (unless really huge discounts), the 60% LTV is just too much to swallow. :2cents:

devilplate
18-01-11, 09:33
If I am an interested buyer after the new rules, likely i won't be swayed by the freebies and discounts (unless really huge discounts), the 60% LTV is just too much to swallow. :2cents:

bcoz u only got jus enuff for 30% down?

Kengar
18-01-11, 09:54
bcoz u only got jus enuff for 30% down?

Yeah, with just enuf kept for rainy day use, unless i sell my current HDB and turn to renting a place until TOP date.. :scared-4:

Talking about HDB, mine has risen about 33% for since i bought it 2 years ago. At this rate with the cooling measures, the gap between HDB and Private Housing is narrowing? haha.

devilplate
18-01-11, 09:59
Yeah, with just enuf kept for rainy day use, unless i sell my current HDB and turn to renting a place until TOP date.. :scared-4:

Talking about HDB, mine has risen about 33% for since i bought it 2 years ago. At this rate with the cooling measures, the gap between HDB and Private Housing is narrowing? haha.

considered little...those bot early 07 doubled liao:D

actually HDB/mass market has been widening in psf....but not so much in total quantum now..

desquire
18-01-11, 09:59

You are not alone in this bro...:scared-3:

East Lover
18-01-11, 11:49

you should be able to keep your HDB after WV T.O.P. right? because 2+3 years already qualify the requirement?

DC33_2008
18-01-11, 12:03
You can see that garmen is keeping 80% of the Singaporean happy who are just like Kengar for the GE. Poor guys like us who has been subsidizing all these projects and pay highes taxes with no rebates on conservancy charges.

Kengar
18-01-11, 12:14
you should be able to keep your HDB after WV T.O.P. right? because 2+3 years already qualify the requirement?

Yup, actually i am under the old old rules where the MOP was 1 year cos not taken any HDB grant/loan.

acidic.straw
19-01-11, 06:31
Just wondering if any folks in Tropica or nearby got hit by these bugs? Will WV get hit by them as well next time?

(ST 19 Jan 2011)
Midges bug Bedok folk
Residents, shops riled by insect infestation
By Cai Haoxiang

THEY are attracted to clothes hung out to dry, land in food and end up in drinks, cling to walls and ceilings, and a mass of them can black out fluorescent lights.

Millions of these tiny green and black flies have invaded the open areas and homes of residents living in Bedok Reservoir Road.

The flies, or non-biting midges - known scientifically as Chironomidae - originated from the marshy ground around Bedok Reservoir and have been infuriating residents over the past week.

Complained Madam Vivian Ng, 48, who lives above her hardware shop in Block 740: 'My 12-year-old daughter saw the flies in her soup and told me she wanted to vomit.

'They stick on all the clothes I hang out to dry... It's horrible especially when you're eating and insects start falling around you.'

The infestation has hit eateries especially hard, said Mr Koh Hup Leong, 50, a grassroots leader overseeing the shops in the area. This is because of the proliferation of the insects in the evening hours, coinciding with when most residents are out to shop and eat, and when lights across the estate are switched on, he said.

Said Mrs Maggie Pang, 51, a supervisor at the Super Lucky Restaurant: 'Business is down by 30 per cent to 40 per cent. A lot of customers order their food, see the insects, and then run away.'

Other businesses have not been spared. Outside a beauty salon, a thick band of thousands of dead midges lined the shop's glass window.

Responding to the chorus of complaints from residents, Foreign Minister George Yeo, the MP for the Bedok Reservoir-Punggol ward of Aljunied GRC, visited the area yesterday afternoon. Accompanying him were representatives from the Aljunied Town Council, the PUB and the National Environment Agency (NEA).

The town council brought in pest control contractors yesterday morning to spray the banks of the reservoir and the walls of nearby Housing Board blocks with an insecticide.

This will continue every day until the midge infestation is gone.

The insecticide is biodegradeable, water-based and causes no health problems, said Mr Nicck Yeong of pest control company Rentokil, which is carrying out the fumigation.

Mr Yeo also visited shops and talked to residents to reassure them that the situation is under control.

'It's more of a nuisance than a danger in any health sense,' he said.

'But they are uncomfortable, get into your food and can be very irritating.'

He said the problem had been around in Bedok in previous years, and resurfaced a few weeks ago. But the insect population explosion of the last few days was unprecedented.

NEA officials told Mr Yeo that this could have been the result of changes to the ecosystem in the area. While they had yet to pinpoint the exact cause, they suggested it may be due to a chemical imbalance, or the rainy season, among other possibilities.

Said Mr Yeo: 'We don't really know, so we're going to treat it symptomatically and hope that when the weather changes, the problems will be resolved.'

The midges lay eggs in the reservoir, and the larvae cannot be eaten by fish as they are hidden in the mud, said Mr Martin Nathan, head of the NEA's North East Regional Office, offering another possible reason for the scale of the infestation this time around.

The midge problem had also surfaced recently in Teban Gardens and Yishun, added NEA senior operations manager Tang Choon Siang.

Mr Yeo said the insect explosion has attracted large numbers of swifts to the area to feed on the insects.

Spiders too, he said, have been 'working overtime', spinning webs on ceilings and walls to trap the flies.

To deal with the midge problem, Mr Yeo said, residents could switch off the lights, cover food and not open their windows. Some residents have also found high-frequency insect repellent devices useful.

But Mr Tony Teo, 64, a music instructor living in Baywater condominium, said that although his walls are covered, he is taking the infestation in his stride.

'You can't exterminate them completely, and bug spray doesn't work. Complaining is useless. We just ignore them. After a while, the insects will go away,' he said.

desquire
19-01-11, 07:43
Green bugs could feel how 'cool' it is at the moment to wreak havoc!!

Maybe they still flocking the 'waterfront' series and not yet cross over the border over to tampines!!!:D

acidic.straw
19-01-11, 08:31
Green bugs could feel how 'cool' it is at the moment to wreak havoc!!

Maybe they still flocking the 'waterfront' series and not yet cross over the border over to tampines!!!:D

Right timing indeed. Nothing like an election year to get a heavy-weight minister to look into a bug problem. At other times, I suppose he will just tell you to stop bugging him or buzz off? :D

East Lover
19-01-11, 09:30
Right timing indeed. Nothing like an election year to get a heavy-weight minister to look into a bug problem. At other times, I suppose he will just tell you to stop bugging him or buzz off? :D
not because he is a heavy-weight minister but he is our MP ;) . you will see him every CNY when you move to WV :)

acidic.straw
19-01-11, 11:29
not because he is a heavy-weight minister but he is our MP ;) . you will see him every CNY when you move to WV :)

haha...he goes around distributing oranges? You got hit by the buggies in Tropica? From the report, it seems to occur only recently.

East Lover
19-01-11, 12:40
haha...he goes around distributing oranges? You got hit by the buggies in Tropica? From the report, it seems to occur only recently.
no bug leh. I guess the bug can't fly over the reservior, so Tampines is safe :p

desquire
19-01-11, 13:59
Not many people over at WV yesterday. I thought from afar that the place was locked up. Only one other person viewing the place.

No news of freebies. Prices remain for now. Things may change in weeks to come??? :tsk-tsk:

Kengar
19-01-11, 14:33
Looks like a good time to go over to take measurements, pictures, HD videos for renovation... so crowded during the launch. all my videos were "secretly" and hastily taken. :D

Not many people over at WV yesterday. I thought from afar that the place was locked up. Only one other person viewing the place.

No news of freebies. Prices remain for now. Things may change in weeks to come??? :tsk-tsk:

East Lover
19-01-11, 14:47
Looks like a good time to go over to take measurements, pictures, HD videos for renovation... so crowded during the launch. all my videos were "secretly" and hastily taken. :D
by the way, the detailed floorplan still not out yet. my lawyer is chasing. no news from SL.

will this cool measurement slow down the WV progress? do they have to wait for 80% sold out then start the foundation work? since it's already over 60% on Dec 2010, is this sufficient to start?

I still dream to have X'mas in WV on 2013 leh!

Kengar
19-01-11, 15:02
by the way, the detailed floorplan still not out yet. my lawyer is chasing. no news from SL.

will this cool measurement slow down the WV progress? do they have to wait for 80% sold out then start the foundation work? since it's already over 60% on Dec 2010, is this sufficient to start?

Looks like they already have the construction site offices built up, the start of laying the foundation should be any time soon.

Btw, East Lover, do u have a good aerial view of WV from your Tropica unit?

Can we appoint you to the be Official Photographer to upload the construction progress from time to time? :D

I saw someone from the Waterfront collections doing the same.

East Lover
19-01-11, 15:06
Looks like they already have the construction site offices built up, the start of laying the foundation should be any time soon.

Btw, East Lover, do u have a good aerial view of WV from your Tropica unit?

Can we appoint you to the be Official Photographer to upload the construction progress from time to time? :D

I saw someone from the Waterfront collections doing the same.
haha i hope i can, but my unit is south-east facing and at blk 57, can't see WV at all!

But I can see the progress by my bear eyes when i go to jogging. so i update you without photo can? hehehe :p

Yes, i noticed that WF ppl update the progress very often. anyone else can help? :o

desquire
19-01-11, 16:09
Haha. I didn't know we can do such a thing. Silly me! I was afraid they would accuse me of stealing their "blueprint". Hehe.

You should bro. The space is at your mercy...:ashamed1:

desquire
19-01-11, 16:18

Haha. I'm thinking that we will probably be handed our keys sometime end 2014. If it's a year earlier than maybe I shall get myself very prepared for it.

The latest I heard from people there is that piling work will start after CNY with the entourage of green bugs as company to the otherwise empty land.

Whatever is it, I just hope that I can gang in there by then and not go "broke". Hehe. :D

McKinnon
19-01-11, 17:00
maybe okko can help? :D

haha i hope i can, but my unit is south-east facing and at blk 57, can't see WV at all!

But I can see the progress by my bear eyes when i go to jogging. so i update you without photo can? hehehe :p

Yes, i noticed that WF ppl update the progress very often. anyone else can help? :o

East Lover
19-01-11, 17:25
maybe okko can help? :D
good suggestion!

okko, ok or not? ;) wanna to be our Official Photographer to upload the construction progress from time to time? :ashamed1:

McKinnon
22-01-11, 09:11
my 2nd choice snapped up at 950psf sobsob..

77 Tampines Avenue 1 #11-12
99 Yrs From 16/06/2010
$948
$1072k
09 Dec 10

factoring 15% discount, similar units in the tropica are worth around 810psf. :)

desquire
22-01-11, 09:23
my 2nd choice snapped up at 950psf sobsob..

77 Tampines Avenue 1 #11-12
99 Yrs From 16/06/2010
$948
$1072k
09 Dec 10

factoring 15% discount, similar units in the tropica are worth around 810psf. :)
So u got ur first choice bro? It seems that most of the units there go at arnd 850-950psf on average. 

McKinnon
22-01-11, 12:12
nope all my picks were gone when i went down.. may look at subsale nearer top. :)

So u got ur first choice bro? It seems that most of the units there go at arnd 850-950psf on average. 

noblebaby
22-01-11, 12:20
very hard to direct access to this condo using public transport