PDA

View Full Version : Waterview (D18, 99-year Leasehold, Sim Lian Group)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29

desquire
30-06-13, 20:03
Bro Eastguy. Thanks so much again for taking the trouble to take and upload the pictures for us all (including beloved sis Eastlover and Bro Kengar who have always helped us all here)

The last time I saw the plot for the lawn/no 12 in front of Block 46 under construction. It now has soil and trees being planted. Gosh!! This is fast!! Even the entrance is being worked on like Jbtay mentioned. I went earlier and the view from the carpark didn't offer much view apart from most of the front runners near completion. Air-con has been installed in the units but I can't see if the cabinets and wardrobes etc hv been fixed.

All work going on simultaneously. Things are speeding up very fast now. Definitely a good chance of completion sometime Q4. There's a blink in the Christmas light for sure!!:D :p :D :p

MikeG
30-06-13, 22:09
This is how long I have been trying to register: I wanted to say to you desquire that I am a fan of Sigur Ros too. How long ago was that conversation again? :D

desquire
30-06-13, 22:18
This is how long I have been trying to register: I wanted to say to you desquire that I am a fan of Sigur Ros too. How long ago was that conversation again? :D
We shall blast Sigur over at WV!!! Oh my!! Another one!!! We shall have a marathon from Von to Kveikur by the pool one day!! Yuketan!!! Where are you? Yoo hoo!!! We're gonna create a Stormur soon!!!:D

Justin3
30-06-13, 22:50
Hehe.... not sure if this is even useful... but well, since we're all waiting, might as well update progress :)

So far, from replies, blks completed are as follows

1. Blk 75
2. Blk 81
3. Blk 95

I'm sure more blks are ready... just need owners to confirm for their blks :)
I m at Blk 83, stack 22 also waiting car park completion payment.

minami-san
01-07-13, 00:41
Yup, all new units generally come with standard white walls.
Thanks Foxlilian for the reply. i was just thinking if there is a need to repaint :)

nickq
01-07-13, 00:53
We shall blast Sigur over at WV!!! Oh my!! Another one!!! We shall have a marathon from Von to Kveikur by the pool one day!! Yuketan!!! Where are you? Yoo hoo!!! We're gonna create a Stormur soon!!!:D

I am a fan of Sigur Ros too! Am not a resident in WV but I will be staying opposite at Q Bay. Haha!

foxlilian
01-07-13, 07:28
Thanks Foxlilian for the reply. i was just thinking if there is a need to repaint :)

No need to repaint if you wish to keep it the same shade of white. Any uneven patches developer will have to rectify, unless caused by your reno ppl. I probably will keep the white too.

desquire
01-07-13, 07:32
I am a fan of Sigur Ros too! Am not a resident in WV but I will be staying opposite at Q Bay. Haha!
Haha!!! We can ( ) the area and puddle all the way there...:D

Shadus
01-07-13, 08:39
Is that grass patch I see on the picture? That's really fast! It looks like they may make it for end Q3 TOP (assuming interior is done already)

I kinda suspect most blks completed except the outer blks (91/93?) perhaps. Coz my blk was one of the slower ones (blk 95 and last week just chased me for payment)... Maybe Sim Lian already apply for TOP inspection? Anyone knows how to check?

Completed blks confirmed by residents :)
1. Blk 73
2. Blk 75
3. Blk 81
4. Blk 83
5. Blk 95

East Lover
01-07-13, 09:35
Add mine:
1. Blk 73
2. Blk 75
3. Blk 81
4. Blk 83
5. Blk 95
6. Blk 79 (bro Kengar's)
7. Blk 77

You can check this website: https://www.bca.gov.sg/eservice/SubmissionStatus.aspx

Project Ref No: A1378-00001-2010
:cheers4:

Is that grass patch I see on the picture? That's really fast! It looks like they may make it for end Q3 TOP (assuming interior is done already)

I kinda suspect most blks completed except the outer blks (91/93?) perhaps. Coz my blk was one of the slower ones (blk 95 and last week just chased me for payment)... Maybe Sim Lian already apply for TOP inspection? Anyone knows how to check?

Completed blks confirmed by residents :)
1. Blk 73
2. Blk 75
3. Blk 81
4. Blk 83
5. Blk 95

Shadus
01-07-13, 10:14
Thanks sis! Your 2 blks are the front runners :)

Anyone to recommend ID? need to start to look liao....

guysg27
01-07-13, 11:44
You can add mine Blk 87 as well, next payment for Carpark, Roads and Drains.

Add mine:
1. Blk 73
2. Blk 75
3. Blk 81
4. Blk 83
5. Blk 95
6. Blk 79 (bro Kengar's)
7. Blk 77

You can check this website: https://www.bca.gov.sg/eservice/SubmissionStatus.aspx

Project Ref No: A1378-00001-2010
:cheers4:

nickq
01-07-13, 12:11
Haha!!! We can ( ) the area and puddle all the way there...:D

Yes I love the ( ) album. My favorite. Their latest two albums are quite a letdown though.

desquire
01-07-13, 13:00
Yes I love the ( ) album. My favorite. Their latest two albums are quite a letdown though.

I have a problem if you were to ask me to pick my favourite album but I can say that the untitled ( ) album edge the rest a little bit... hehehehe

Oh!! Valtari is a genius from start to end, from Ég anda to Fjögur píanó... It's really good!! :D

Kveikur is another great one... it needs some warm up though. I was a little taken aback with the introduction of Brennistein from their Reykjavic departure... by the time they reached Fort Canning, it's already immune in me!!! I was blown away by the time Isjaki was released as a lyric video after Yfirborð and Hrafntinna were already making a regular in their setlist...

Oh yes!! Of all the gigs, I will never forget Sigur Rós'. With ambient soundscapes, I can almost hear the whisper of the Gods as it pours over a transportive and communal experience in wet hypnotic respite...

If WV has a good view then Sigur Rós will sure wash away all my sadness and bring joy to my home in hopelandic... Hahahahha!!!!....They're beautiful!!!!:sleep:

http://sub-cult.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/22.jpg

gohbek
01-07-13, 16:31
Blk 89 stack 35, waiting for next payment for carpark, road and drains. :)

You can add mine Blk 87 as well, next payment for Carpark, Roads and Drains.

Justin3
01-07-13, 17:26
Just update, following blocks No. have been response by resident that they are waiting next payment call of car park and drain completion

1. Blk 73
2. Blk 75
3. Blk 77
4. Blk 79
5. Blk 81
6. Blk 83
7. Blk 87
8. Blk 89
9. Blk 95

any more update?

East Lover
01-07-13, 17:28
we have total of 12 blocks right? only 3 more pending confirmation... :D

Just update, following blocks No. have been response by resident that they are waiting next payment call of car park and drain completion

1. Blk 73
2. Blk 75
3. Blk 77
4. Blk 79
5. Blk 81
6. Blk 83
7. Blk 87
8. Blk 89
9. Blk 95

any more update?

joycewangwen
01-07-13, 19:00
we have total of 12 blocks right? only 3 more pending confirmation... :D

So, those turtle blocks seem to be the ones along ave1.:tongue3: :tongue3:

minami-san
01-07-13, 19:23
So, those turtle blocks seem to be the ones along ave1.:tongue3: :tongue3:
Mine is block 91. Still haven't received billing for interior.
Yep, I guess I am in the turtle blocks!

MikeG
01-07-13, 20:47

I love "Með suð í eyrum við spilum endalaust" and of course "Takk", they are my favourite albums, but there are other songs that stand out individually. I try to have this conversation in Singapore and I'm normally met with blank stares :D

Shadus
01-07-13, 21:00
Heh heh... ya, following this forum for almost a yr... so get a sense that Blk 91/93/95 slower than the rest... but Blk 95 also ready... so wont be long....

desquire
01-07-13, 21:14
I love "Með suð í eyrum við spilum endalaust" and of course "Takk", they are my favourite albums, but there are other songs that stand out individually. I try to have this conversation in Singapore and I'm normally met with blank stares :D
No more blank stares. Maybe popp-ing eyes. Hehe. The former has Glósóli (with one of the best videos) and Gong while the latter has Festival and góðan daginn. Hard to tell which is the best album and favourite track. I love the track Fljúgðu too. Maybe it's just me but with or without Kjarri, life goes on...

When I'm sad, I turn to Heima live or Inni to cheer me up. Ha hahahha!

Now my block 93 has yet to join the rest. I'm one step away from the carpark completion. Zzzzzzz....:D :sleep:

nickq
01-07-13, 21:31
No more blank stares. Maybe popp-ing eyes. Hehe. The former has Glósóli (with one of the best videos) and Gong while the latter has Festival and góðan daginn. Hard to tell which is the best album and favourite track. I love the track Fljúgðu too. Maybe it's just me but with or without Kjarri, life goes on...

When I'm sad, I turn to Heima live or Inni to cheer me up. Ha hahahha!

Now my block 93 has yet to join the rest. I'm one step away from the carpark completion. Zzzzzzz....:D :sleep:

Heima is the only DVD I will watch alone in the living room with all lights switched off and a glass of red wine on my hand. It makes me feel like I'm in heaven. :)

desquire
01-07-13, 22:26
Heima is the only DVD I will watch alone in the living room with all lights switched off and a glass of red wine on my hand. It makes me feel like I'm in heaven. :)
Let's go to paradise together with Jonsi and friends. That's what I do also minus the wine. The music put me into trance. :)

acidic.straw
01-07-13, 23:44
Let's go to paradise together with Jonsi and friends. That's what I do also minus the wine. The music put me into trance. :)

hey bro, no offence but kinda OT leh...how abt starting a new thread for the music stuff? :D

desquire
02-07-13, 07:11
hey bro, no offence but kinda OT leh...how abt starting a new thread for the music stuff? :D

Good morning all. My sincere apologies. Get carried away a little when it comes to things which brings you to where you are today.

Thanks for the reminder bro.. back to WV!!! Hehehehe...:D :D :D

chmei
02-07-13, 09:07

1. Blk 73
2. Blk 75
3. Blk 77
4. Blk 79
5. Blk 81
6. Blk 83
7. Blk 87
8. Blk 89
9. Blk 95

any more update?

We haven't received for Block 85

atta
02-07-13, 17:32
Yea blk 93 super turtle. Not recv yet. Can't rmb drawdown till which stage but only once!!

So when my turtle blk is ready, everyone else shld be collecting letter to collect keys soon.. :cheers5:

desquire
02-07-13, 18:44
Yea blk 93 super turtle. Not recv yet. Can't rmb drawdown till which stage but only once!!

So when my turtle blk is ready, everyone else shld be collecting letter to collect keys soon.. :cheers5:
Slow and steady la bro. No worries I'm with you. I think we will confirm collect the keys last. Hahahha. Latest high floor 4-bedder sold at $1067psf. :p

atta
02-07-13, 22:05
Slow and steady la bro. No worries I'm with you. I think we will confirm collect the keys last. Hahahha. Latest high floor 4-bedder sold at $1067psf. :p

Lol! I agree! I'm still projecting march shift in for me only.... (Reno n stuff). Anything earlier will b bonus! Lol.

desquire
02-07-13, 22:41
Lol! I agree! I'm still projecting march shift in for me only.... (Reno n stuff). Anything earlier will b bonus! Lol.
What a coincidence. I'm thinking of March 2014 too. Right now enjoying the comfort and space of my existing home before I move to the new place. TOP can take quite a bit of time it seems. My bro's Prive in Punggol is awaiting for handing over. It's been quite a while...:tongue3:

Brw which stack are you at? I'm at 42. Maybe we can play paper planes. Hehe. :D

atta
03-07-13, 16:21
What a coincidence. I'm thinking of March 2014 too. Right now enjoying the comfort and space of my existing home before I move to the new place. TOP can take quite a bit of time it seems. My bro's Prive in Punggol is awaiting for handing over. It's been quite a while...:tongue3:

Brw which stack are you at? I'm at 42. Maybe we can play paper planes. Hehe. :D

What a coincidence!!! My bro in law's prive is also ready but yet to collect keys! Lol. I'm at stack 44. Lol! Stack 42 is closer or further away from the guard house?

desquire
03-07-13, 16:41
What a coincidence!!! My bro in law's prive is also ready but yet to collect keys! Lol. I'm at stack 44. Lol! Stack 42 is closer or further away from the guard house?
Hahaha!!! We're diagonal to each other. You bro in law means your sister house also la right? Haha. Yeah, my bro also very impatient. Wait until sian already. Maybe we can meet at Prive and party there first...:tongue3:

He say April then June, now July. Maybe TOP with WV. Hahahha. Waiting time can kill but anyway the excitement and climax only for a short period. Get keys excited after that reno and shift, migrain, stress and temper creeps in. Then, excitement sips in for a few weeks after all the mess and it'll come back to ground Zero within weeks after that. It starts and ends the same. So, we slowly row our boat lah bro... When it comes it comes...:sleep:

It's like trying to get our hands on an iPhone. The longer the queue the more excitement it creates. Then no stock, wait and wait. When we get, we play and play and meddle here and there. After that we realized its just another gadget. Hehe. It's an important gadget though unlike Hello Kitty but I'm a great fan of the Kitty. Not those from Macs lah...:D :p :D :p :D :p

desquire
03-07-13, 16:49
Here is the site plan... The tortoises are all those near the entrance it seems. Nearest blocks last to complete...:sleep:

East Lover
03-07-13, 17:38
The fence facing bedok reservior is going to complete 7788. :D

The funny thing is that the wall between WV & Tropica is a solid type, but the fence facing outside is really a wire type! secure meh? :cool:

based on the model, it will plant greens

http://i1203.photobucket.com/albums/bb400/vw_progress/waterview-BBQ_zps658eadba.jpg

mcmlxxvi
03-07-13, 17:40
BRC fence type is cheaper.

East Lover
03-07-13, 18:26
MM king, BRC == brick? the solid wall? is cheaper? :rolleyes:

BRC fence type is cheaper.

desquire
03-07-13, 19:29
Which fence have they fixed sis? If I'm nt wrong the first one is the BRC Fence which I came across when i googled, which I think is reasonable. But if they have fixed the next one then I think it's different from what it is supposed to be...

If its the latter then it's another change of plan without our knowledge. Surprise fixture again!! What did you see? A or B? :scared-3: :scared-3: :scared-3:

desquire
03-07-13, 19:41
Can't seem to attach 2 images in a posting. This is Fence A.

desquire
03-07-13, 19:42
This is Fence B-disastrous!

joycewangwen
03-07-13, 19:46

The funny thing is that the wall between WV & Tropica is a solid type, but the fence facing outside is really a wire type! secure meh? :cool:

http://i1203.photobucket.com/albums/bb400/vw_progress/waterview-BBQ_zps658eadba.jpg

Why not solid wall facing outside?
My naive opinion is a solid wall might spoil the harmony with reservoir and surrounding greenery.

Singapore is world #1 safe, polite, well-educated and richest city in this world, should not worry too much.:D :D

desquire
03-07-13, 20:23
Why not solid wall facing outside?
My naive opinion is a solid wall might spoil the harmony with reservoir and surrounding greenery.

Singapore is world #1 safe, polite, well-educated and richest city in this world, should not worry too much.:D :D
Polite? Hmmm. I beg to differ. Hehe. :scared-3:

waterviewer88
03-07-13, 20:36
More security required facing Tropica becos intruders will come from here la becos they envy our double super big round pool :D

thechoi
03-07-13, 20:40
Do all condo near TOP get call, sms, mail from agent asking owner if they are interested to rent or sell our condo? I have been receiving these since start of this week?

East Lover
03-07-13, 20:40
Bro, it's type A.

Any diff from type B? Any concern? U see the model pic, also type A leh.

Which fence have they fixed sis? If I'm nt wrong the first one is the BRC Fence which I came across when i googled, which I think is reasonable. But if they have fixed the next one then I think it's different from what it is supposed to be...

If its the latter then it's another change of plan without our knowledge. Surprise fixture again!! What did you see? A or B? :scared-3: :scared-3: :scared-3:

East Lover
03-07-13, 20:43
Like that also can?! :D

But hoh, the club house really look grand from Tropica whenever I go there to get photo leh... 非常有气势 ;)

More security required facing Tropica becos intruders will come from here la becos they envy our double super big round pool :D

East Lover
03-07-13, 20:44
We love Singapore! We are proud of being a Singaporean :D

Polite? Hmmm. I beg to differ. Hehe. :scared-3:

East Lover
03-07-13, 20:45
Really? That's fast!

I haven't received any regarding to waterview :rolleyes:

Do all condo near TOP get call, sms, mail from agent asking owner if they are interested to rent or sell our condo? I have been receiving these since start of this week?

desquire
03-07-13, 20:51
Their pool also quite pretty isn't it? :D

desquire
03-07-13, 20:57
Bro, it's type A.

Any diff from type B? Any concern? U see the model pic, also type A leh.
Nope. Type A ok lah. Correct. Same one. I think they will grow creepers over it like the ones reflected in the pictures. I was afraid it would be the second one. Then, I will call it disastrous.

It should be pretty safe. Most are using the same one. I agree that using a wall might disrupt its harmony with the water surrounding it. :)

desquire
03-07-13, 21:01
I have up to now received a few pamphlets-2 in all (one received in the mail the previous day) solely on Waterview being the focus of Tampines - for now I supposed. The average price it's fetching and the number to dial if interested, cause TOP is closing in. No phone calls or SMS whatsoever as yet. :beats-me-man:

desquire
03-07-13, 21:04
Really? That's fast!

No one will dare ask you sell you exclusive 3m-dollar property. Hehehhe. :p

teck
04-07-13, 02:11
Really? That's fast!

I think when u "sign in" during the purchases, if u opt out for them to "call/update" u on any development, then u won't be getting any call.
I have been receiving quite a lot of calls like few months back. I also receive a mail to ask to contact the agent if interested to sell too...

huddy
04-07-13, 08:16
I received 6-7 calls/sms this week asking me if I'm interested to sell my unit ... A bit annoying haha

MelAu
04-07-13, 15:39
We received 1 flyer from Orange Tee few days ago. I guess Orange Tee is doing mass mailing to all owners?

My mum who also bought WV received the same flyer too.

Ha, we can't resist the recent GSS and bought sofa, dinning table and beds already :D. Really hope to celebrate Xmas this year in WV :cheers4:

East Lover
04-07-13, 15:49
good idea! i fogot the GSS!!! must go shopping this weekend :D

We received 1 flyer from Orange Tee few days ago. I guess Orange Tee is doing mass mailing to all owners?

My mum who also bought WV received the same flyer too.

Ha, we can't resist the recent GSS and bought sofa, dinning table and beds already :D. Really hope to celebrate Xmas this year in WV :cheers4:

jbtay
04-07-13, 16:34

That's interesting. I thought for small items, its doable, but for furniture, can book now at GSS prices for delivery in Mar 13? or must store in warehouse first :rolleyes: Am seriously doing the general layout plans now and finding the right moment to show it to my better half to get in-principle ok. :D

thechoi
04-07-13, 20:42
I am a bit more kia su, i m shopping for lights , sofa and dinning table with my interior people now, cos need to match or adjust the proposed design to the lighting and furniture i like . Most furniture store allow us to book the item and deliver end of the year....:ashamed1:

chestnut
04-07-13, 21:39

So now prices are up 20% over purchased price as we are approaching TOP. There are many people who want to buy units that are about to top because
1. They can shift in fast (ready) and no prior owners
2. They can start renting out... not much money stuck during the buc period.

Looking forward to seeing the unit soon....

Hahahahaha.... 1 more unit for rental:D :D :D

zeamybro
04-07-13, 23:05

Eh sis, congrats! I see that Wv is getting closer and closer to completion, hoping that it can be done up quick enough for us to attend your Xmas beer party :cheers4:

But don't kancheong in buying furniture... Cos the actual unit may turn out to be different from what we imagine from showflats and floor plans eg. Extra beam somewhere, or different colour tones for wardrobes / cabinets.

Jus enjoy the window shopping process for now :) there are sales throughout the year one .. Just got back from courts .. They r now having hari raya sales, later will have national day sales, then Xmas sales etc lol

atta
05-07-13, 10:59
Eh sis, congrats! I see that Wv is getting closer and closer to completion, hoping that it can be done up quick enough for us to attend your Xmas beer party :cheers4:

But don't kancheong in buying furniture... Cos the actual unit may turn out to be different from what we imagine from showflats and floor plans eg. Extra beam somewhere, or different colour tones for wardrobes / cabinets.

Jus enjoy the window shopping process for now :) there are sales throughout the year one .. Just got back from courts .. They r now having hari raya sales, later will have national day sales, then Xmas sales etc lol

Totally agree!! I bought a very nice clock for my previous flat but after Reno, cant find a place to fit in nicely... :( lesson learnt!!

I bought mini accessories thou... Like floor mats n towels during Robinson sale!

East Lover
05-07-13, 11:10
big bro, congrates for your purchase! and yes, one more unit for rental soon! :cheers4:

So now prices are up 20% over purchased price as we are approaching TOP. There are many people who want to buy units that are about to top because
1. They can shift in fast (ready) and no prior owners
2. They can start renting out... not much money stuck during the buc period.

Looking forward to seeing the unit soon....

Hahahahaha.... 1 more unit for rental:D :D :D

East Lover
05-07-13, 11:12
My bro, you are the best! you know me so well.... :ashamed1: thanks for your kind alert :D

ok i go see see first.... as what atta said, start from buying some small things first .... nevertheless, got valid reasons for shopping is fun! :D :D

Yuketen
05-07-13, 14:33
I am a bit more kia su, i m shopping for lights , sofa and dinning table with my interior people now, cos need to match or adjust the proposed design to the lighting and furniture i like . Most furniture store allow us to book the item and deliver end of the year....:ashamed1:

Anyone keen for a 140cm round table from Calligaris (Odyssey is the model). I purchased it from XZQT (Orchard Ion) in a hast and realized it doesnt fit my decor concept. Anyone keen? It is not delivered yet, brand new...i am willing to let go at significant discount...

Shadus
05-07-13, 14:53
Qn - In most of the unit type floor plan, between yard and balcony (2nd balcony @back), there is a line... anyone knows what this line represents? In the showflat, i remember there's nothing there. Don't tell me they are going to put a wall between yard & balcony?!

Denlim
05-07-13, 15:24
Qn - In most of the unit type floor plan, between yard and balcony (2nd balcony @back), there is a line... anyone knows what this line represents? In the showflat, i remember there's nothing there. Don't tell me they are going to put a wall between yard & balcony?!

Hi, if I understand you correctly, the line refers to a metal gate as there will be one that separates the yard and the back balcony.

MelAu
05-07-13, 17:04
Yes, agree to be careful with dimensions.

The recent Scanteak sale at Isetan was simply irresistible and got the single bed frame for the kids. Ha, definitely can fit the bedroom :D.

The Hari Raya COURTS sale is so, so good! We are planning to get a Bosch washer and the model we want is going at $300 less. No point getting now coz electronic items depreciate with time and also they don't keep so long for customers.

Ha, next window shopping stop is IKEA. Their sale just started yesterday.

atta
05-07-13, 22:20
Anyone keen for a 140cm round table from Calligaris (Odyssey is the model). I purchased it from XZQT (Orchard Ion) in a hast and realized it doesnt fit my decor concept. Anyone keen? It is not delivered yet, brand new...i am willing to let go at significant discount...

Any pics? :))))

Yuketen
05-07-13, 22:56
Any pics? :))))

This is a pic. I have a photo taken of it at the shop (with its Discounted retail price captured) Can't seem to upload it but can send it to u via email.

Too classy for my decor I realized....

Shadus
05-07-13, 23:08
The table is the one which can turn and become bigger right? Very nice table...

Yuketen
05-07-13, 23:21
The table is the one which can turn and become bigger right? Very nice table...

No this is fixed circular (140cm). Just nice for waterview apartment (2m by 1.8m) space. The extendable one would be too big!

zeamybro
06-07-13, 08:04
GSS is a good time to buy those branded stuffs as the prices were significantly marked up during normal times... But I guess for most electronic products, the prices are already quite competitive so I don't think will differ much.

But technology advances too quick and some electronic products like TV has v short product life cycles.. And I was told every mar/Apr is the best time to get good deals before the new series of products enter the market

jbtay
06-07-13, 08:27
Ha ha, I can c e TOP fever rising :D . Took a walk last evening and saw lots of workers busy at the front feature wall location. Saw a hugh truck entering with loads of parquet tiles covered in plastic. Saw a few excavators outside and SPPG Gas Division signboard indicating estimated completion 1 Aug 13 for pipeline works. Will give an old friend a call next week to find out when gas connection is expected to be done. Thats usually when all construction and intenal works are completed, as gas will not be charged in (for good reason) until building is ready for occupation.

Yes already started getting small household items. My problem now is determining where to put the fridge, as I extended my kitchen countertop and cabinets all the way to the edge, forgoing the fridge area in kitchen. Solve one issue, create another...ha ha. Need a good ID with innovative ideas. Looks like either the HS (last resort) or sacrifice part of dining area, small as it is already, and a place still got to be carved out for the piano. :doh:

Anyone thinking of changing the silly metal gate in the yard to a full side wooden door. Do note that kitchen door on the yard side is likely to be swing door aluminium frame with glass. So for those low floors and C2 layout in my case, any novice spiderman can easily climb into the open back balcony, across the silly half height metal gate, smash the glass in the kitchen door and get in. :doh: . Also any recurrence of haze, insects fogging will get into the yard area, back balcony is a given, since we can't enclose it with windows. Front kitchen door is likely to be wooden frame with glass, not sure if its swing door or sliding, as Clover had both variations.
Pics from Clover, may not be exactly same in WV, but expect to be similar since that was SL MM project.
Hope I didn't dampen expectations of a lovely Sat morn, beautiful bright day with good psi, just some food for thought. Happy shopping. :D

desquire
06-07-13, 08:54
Good morning there bro. Wah your network and circle of friends very wide. :D

Just came back from taking a peep at the peeps at WV. Yes, I think they are going all out to complete the place. Most definitely by end of year should be completed. Moving at lightning speed. The fence is up, most of the units, I can see the air-conditioner fixed, many trees soiled, all balcony glasses up. It's fantastic. ;)

The moment the shelter is dismantled. Ta-daa, we will have a another water collection centre. It will make a whole lot of difference once its torn down. With the tiles and the big '8', I'm sure it'll look fabulous.

Nice weather and let's hope we always have the fresh air through our nostrils. :p

Good morning and happy shopping everyone. :)

desquire
06-07-13, 09:13
Ha ha, I can c e TOP fever rising :D . Took a walk last evening and saw lots of workers busy at the front feature wall location. Saw a hugh truck entering with loads of parquet tiles covered in plastic. Saw a few excavators outside and SPPG Gas Division signboard indicating estimated completion 1 Aug 13 for pipeline works. Will give an old friend a call next week to find out when gas connection is expected to be done. Thats usually when all construction and intenal works are completed, as gas will not be charged in (for good reason) until building is ready for occupation.

Yes already started getting small household items. My problem now is determining where to put the fridge, as I extended my kitchen countertop and cabinets all the way to the edge, forgoing the fridge area in kitchen. Solve one issue, create another...ha ha. Need a good ID with innovative ideas. Looks like either the HS (last resort) or sacrifice part of dining area, small as it is already, and a place still got to be carved out for the piano. :doh:

Anyone thinking of changing the silly metal gate in the yard to a full side wooden door. Do note that kitchen door on the yard side is likely to be swing door aluminium frame with glass. So for those low floors and C2 layout in my case, any novice spiderman can easily climb into the open back balcony, across the silly half height metal gate, smash the glass in the kitchen door and get in. :doh: . Also any recurrence of haze, insects fogging will get into the yard area, back balcony is a given, since we can't enclose it with windows. Front kitchen door is likely to be wooden frame with glass, not sure if its swing door or sliding, as Clover had both variations.
Pics from Clover, may not be exactly same in WV, but expect to be similar since that was SL MM project.
Hope I didn't dampen expectations of a lovely Sat morn, beautiful bright day with good psi, just some food for thought. Happy shopping. :D

Thanks for the related images!! I have already asked Shirley to have the first door removed!!! I'm claustrophobic!! :scared-3: :scared-3: :scared-3: The space is already so tight!!! With a swung open door it will limit the space further. I also have the kitchen WC cleared and removed to create another place for storage.

As for the gate in the kitchen balcony, I think ours will be a smaller version (my guess). Shirley mentioned that it can't be removed as they need it for inspection. I'll get my Reno contractor to get it removed upon TOP. The final sliding door from kitchen to living room, I'll just leave it as it is in its hideous sheath...:D

jbtay
06-07-13, 09:27
Dear Desquire, am I right to say that you will not have kitchen back door but are you replacing the metal gate with a proper door after TOP?

desquire
06-07-13, 09:30
Dear Desquire, am I right to say that you will not have kitchen back door but are you replacing the metal gate with a proper door after TOP?
No kitchen back door and no metal gate. Both omitted. It will be exactly as it is at the show flat. :D

waterviewer88
06-07-13, 09:43
Anyone thinking of changing the silly metal gate in the yard to a full side wooden door. Do note that kitchen door on the yard side is likely to be swing door aluminium frame with glass. So for those low floors and C2 layout in my case, any novice spiderman can easily climb into the open back balcony, across the silly half height metal gate, smash the glass in the kitchen door and get in. :doh: . Also any recurrence of haze, insects fogging will get into the yard area, back balcony is a given, since we can't enclose it with windows.

Spiderman intruders are quite real especially when the units are so close together back-to-back as you can observe from the photos. For security and safety reasons (esp those with kids), it is better to install strong metal grills at the balcony. Changing the silly metal gate to a full door will help but once an intruder gets onto your balcony, he will have lots of time to break in further and no one will notice as it's hard to tell whether he is an intruder or not.

Aesthetics of the grills is not so important at the back so I will give more emphasis to security (steel?).

chestnut
06-07-13, 10:11
No kitchen back door and no metal gate. Both omitted. It will be exactly as it is at the show flat. :D

bro, if you have kids, I don't suggest you remove the metal gate...

jbtay
06-07-13, 10:22
Whoa!. Btw Bro Desquire and Waterviewer88, I c 2 diametrically opp positions. Agree with Bro Chestnut, need to have something for at least safety considerations if got small children. Can't always ensure main kitchen door locked all the time. Wife was also thinking of full height steel grills in place of metal gate earlier on, but I think wooden door could hold up quite a bit and perhaps fix some alarm to scare off spidey.

desquire
06-07-13, 10:24
bro, if you have kids, I don't suggest you remove the metal gate...
My existing flat on the sixth storey also without any grills in the balcony. Grills in my rooms and well as my kitchen balcony are pushed to the corner end, with windows. My girls are in P1 and P4 and so far, they don't climb. Thanks for the advise bro. Safety is not to be compromised, I understand. Will see how for the new home. :p

chestnut
06-07-13, 10:31
My existing flat on the sixth storey also without any grills in the balcony. Grills in my rooms and well as my kitchen balcony are pushed to the corner end, with windows. My girls are in P1 and P4 and so far, they don't climb. Thanks for the advise bro. Safety is not to be compromised, I understand. Will see how for the new home. :p

Sure. if you remove the gate, please do keep it...

There may be inspections on CSC.... I have never encountered inspections before CSC tough....

Just in case u need to put it back in.

Cheers

desquire
06-07-13, 11:16
Sure. if you remove the gate, please do keep it...

There may be inspections on CSC.... I have never encountered inspections before CSC tough....

Just in case u need to put it back in.

Cheers
Bro thanks so much for your kind advise. Truly appreciate it. I can be a little hardheaded more often than not. My head already spinning thinking of the limited space available for furniture, storage and movement especially...:eek:

It's more for the young kids to enjoy the facilities a little here and there. Existing planning already led to more stress. This can't go in and that can't be placed there. Like someone here said, solve a problem and there's another which crops up. Hopefully, it'll soon be over and a matter of getting used to the space...:scared-3:

Those with a piano might be scratching their heads a little harder... Hehe...:D

desquire
06-07-13, 11:45
think twice, the marble upgrade may not be that costly... if we change the balcony flooring to timber decking, it will easily cost 2K for such a small area.
http://images01.olx.com.sg/ui/5/68/03/1273301644_92306503_3-Timber-Decking-Flooring-Specialists-Singapore-Services-1273301644.jpg
Sis, have you gotten an idea how much this will cost and how long it can last in the open with endless heat and water exposure? 2k?:tongue3:

thechoi
06-07-13, 16:11

I have 2 fridge so i intend to put one at the back balcony next to the wc wall.

thechoi
06-07-13, 16:18
Sis, have you gotten an idea how much this will cost and how long it can last in the open with endless heat and water exposure? 2k?:tongue3:

My current place have chennai wood outdoor gate for 4 yrs , so far it is still like new.
I m quoted $1980 for the front balcony,

foxlilian
06-07-13, 16:29
My current place have chennai wood outdoor gate for 4 yrs , so far it is still like new.

Can consider composite decking. No splinters, no repainting and doesn't warp.

desquire
06-07-13, 17:08
Thanks there. It was posted by Eastlover and I though it can make the place quite pretty. I think should be 2k thereabouts then. Might consider. Very nice. I like. :p

desquire
06-07-13, 17:09
Can consider composite decking. No splinters, no repainting and doesn't warp.
Will it cost more to get this composite decking done? Hehe. Sorry. I'm not too well-versed in this renovation works thingy. Hehe. :D

thechoi
06-07-13, 22:01
Will it cost more to get this composite decking done? Hehe. Sorry. I'm not too well-versed in this renovation works thingy. Hehe. :D

My designer quote me $7 cheaper per sq ft for composite decking (vs chennai)
But i believe the price depend on the composite content and it's brand.

After searching online on the pro n con of composite decking vs wood decking, i think tile is the best in term of maintainence.... however me too like the wood decking feel....:ashamed1:

Shadus
06-07-13, 22:09
Hi all WVers....

Am a bit confused by some of the information inferred from recent posting. Can someone help clear my confusion?

1. The yard / balcony is a metal gate? Confirm?
2. It sounds as if removing this metal gate is an issue with inspection? How is this so?
3. Can shirley (Sim Lian) still entertain request for NOT installing items? I thought our interior is all done ... left exterior progress. I do have quite a few items NOT to install...haha. But early last year when I asked, was already rejected.
4. Anyone knows if the balcony (front) is going to be just an empty concrete or tiled up? I've been asking around and seems like it will be tiled up.

jbtay
06-07-13, 22:34
Hi all WVers....

Am a bit confused by some of the information inferred from recent posting. Can someone help clear my confusion?

1. The yard / balcony is a metal gate? Confirm?
2. It sounds as if removing this metal gate is an issue with inspection? How is this so?
3. Can shirley (Sim Lian) still entertain request for NOT installing items? I thought our interior is all done ... left exterior progress. I do have quite a few items NOT to install...haha. But early last year when I asked, was already rejected.
4. Anyone knows if the balcony (front) is going to be just an empty concrete or tiled up? I've been asking around and seems like it will be tiled up.

Hi Shadus
1 & 2) There is a half height metal gate separating the yard from the balcony. I understand its purpose is to prevent small children from getting into the open back balcony. As it is a safety feature therefore, it will be inspected during TOP inspection and cannot be removed before TOP. After TOP, Bro Chestnut mentioned that it could also be inspected again during CSC normally about a year after TOP.
3) Most of us who got request for changes did so in 2011.
4) Front balcony will be homogenous tiles similar to the living area. Thats what we saw at the showroom anyway.
Cheers;)

Yuketen
06-07-13, 23:09
Anyone knows what is the height of our WV unit??

minami-san
07-07-13, 01:32
Hi Shadus
1 & 2) There is a half height metal gate separating the yard from the balcony. I understand its purpose is to prevent small children from getting into the open back balcony. As it is a safety feature therefore, it will be inspected during TOP inspection and cannot be removed before TOP. After TOP, Bro Chestnut mentioned that it could also be inspected again during CSC normally about a year after TOP.
4) Front balcony will be homogenous tiles similar to the living area. Thats what we saw at the showroom anyway.
Cheers;)
Mr Tay, I thought the front balcony will be ceramic tiles like clover :)

chestnut
07-07-13, 06:26

A homogeneuous tile has its properties thru the entire section of the tile. If you break it, you will notice that the color on the surface is the same as the color inside.

A ceramic tile has a ceramic coating on the surface. Break it and you will see that the inside is different.

wirehtc
07-07-13, 06:34
My designer quote me $7 cheaper per sq ft for composite decking (vs chennai)
But i believe the price depend on the composite content and it's brand.

After searching online on the pro n con of composite decking vs wood decking, i think tile is the best in term of maintainence.... however me too like the wood decking feel....:ashamed1:

There are PVC tiles that look like wood e.g.
http://www.archiexpo.com/prod/centiva/wood-look-pvc-floor-tiles-floorscore-certified-low-voc-emissions-11163-740538.html

jbtay
07-07-13, 08:08
I would prefer homo, contract says it can be either for balcony n kitchen, yard. Only for store, hs, n wc, its specifically ceramic. Hope sl don't follow clover then, homo should be less easily chip, n if it does, will not be as obvious as ceramic as its homogeneous throughout ie looks the same.

MikeG
07-07-13, 11:55

This bit was the most disappointing/annoying for me. When we purchased our condo, not once were we told either the process or the deadline for requests by anyone. As foreigners buying their first Singapore property, I thought this was disgusting customer service once we were told we were "too late". Too late? For internals? That was in 2011/early 2012! How bad is the organisation to not be able to take simple requests before any internals had been started? :simmering:

foxlilian
07-07-13, 12:29
This bit was the most disappointing/annoying for me. When we purchased our condo, not once were we told either the process or the deadline for requests by anyone. As foreigners buying their first Singapore property, I thought this was disgusting customer service once we were told we were "too late". Too late? For internals? That was in 2011/early 2012! How bad is the organisation to not be able to take simple requests before any internals had been started? :simmering:

Yeah, when I bought in 2010, I requested some changes, but was not told they had options like changing to marble floor, omit wardrobe, etc. By the time I realised they could accommodate these changes, they said too late. They really should have provided ALL buyers with a list of possible changes as well as dateline for requests.

Eastguy
07-07-13, 12:45
Hi FEC

More progress pictures of WV.

Not sure if the internal flooring and cabinets are done up.

Noticed that most of the balcony panels and the sliding doors are installed.

Hopefully they can complete not later than end Oct 13.

Cheers

jbtay
07-07-13, 13:05
Most developer do not allow changes, some do provide options. I only learnt that some request could be made from the agent. Finally had to sign an indemnity that those changes accepted at owner own risk, and subject to final discretion of architect. Yes, do agree that sl could have managed this process properly, but I understand that in Singapore developer not required to make same offer to all, as I mentioned before, the spa is loaded in favour of developer.

delirious
07-07-13, 16:50
i think its already good that developer accept the requests. If they make it clear to all theres a dateline for requests, they will be real busy. Everyone will try to make requests here and there As most people had purchase without having the idea of any changes.

Shadus
07-07-13, 17:15
Thanks Mr. Tay, for clearing up my doubts on the yard "gate".

angiedan78
07-07-13, 19:51
Hi FEC

Cheers

Hi Eastguy

Thanks for the updated photos uploaded. It's excellent to see they're moving real fast & hoping to see u guys @X'mas 2013.
Cheers!

desquire
07-07-13, 21:34
Thanks Eastguy. There's just so much progress in such a short time span between this and the last one. Many thanks to you for your tour to get the best images for us all. :p

forestfire
07-07-13, 22:08
Thank you Eastguy, I was so busy studying the pictures - forgotten to thank you for the pixs so well taken. Really appreciate it.

Noticed
(1) The fixed the mild steel structure over the road in front of blocks 77 & 79?
What is that for? Security-to prevent intruders climbing in from the park? or to break the great height fall from the railing?
Will they do this all along the road to the main entrance?

(2) The ramp from block 79 to block 81 seems rather steep

Otherwise, very good progress for the external works. Hope can TOP :)

desquire
08-07-13, 09:13
Thank you Eastguy, I was so busy studying the pictures - forgotten to thank you for the pixs so well taken. Really appreciate it.

Noticed
(1) The fixed the mild steel structure over the road in front of blocks 77 & 79?
What is that for? Security-to prevent intruders climbing in from the park? or to break the great height fall from the railing?
Will they do this all along the road to the main entrance?

(2) The ramp from block 79 to block 81 seems rather steep

Otherwise, very good progress for the external works. Hope can TOP :)
I was kinda surprised to see the metal structure as well. It wasn't present in the model which looks pretty sweet in its simplicity. Maybe it's to prevent anyone from falling straight into the carpark. That's what I thought but it kinda spoils the facade. Hmmm...:beats-me-man:

East Lover
08-07-13, 09:38
bro, its in the model lah... the whole idea is to grow greens... see the pic below.

I was kinda surprised to see the metal structure as well. It wasn't present in the model which looks pretty sweet in its simplicity. Maybe it's to prevent anyone from falling straight into the carpark. That's what I thought but it kinda spoils the facade. Hmmm...:beats-me-man:
model:
http://i1203.photobucket.com/albums/bb400/vw_progress/wv-fitness-corner_zpsd3c690bc.jpg

Actual implementation
http://i1203.photobucket.com/albums/bb400/vw_progress/IMG_3293_zpsb2cb0559.jpg

East Lover
08-07-13, 09:43
Can't wait to see the entry of WV... so i upload the model to our dear FEC to 解解馋 :D
http://i1203.photobucket.com/albums/bb400/vw_progress/wv-main-entry_zpse35886ae.jpg

http://i1203.photobucket.com/albums/bb400/vw_progress/IMG_3276_zps620a437a.jpg

desquire
08-07-13, 09:58
bro, its in the model lah... the whole idea is to grow greens... see the pic below.

model:
http://i1203.photobucket.com/albums/bb400/vw_progress/wv-fitness-corner_zpsd3c690bc.jpg

Actual implementation
http://i1203.photobucket.com/albums/bb400/vw_progress/IMG_3293_zpsb2cb0559.jpg
I thought those were taken from Blk 77 and 79 as mentioned by forestfire. Didn't know they were from 91. Hehe. Blur me. Thanks!!:D

jbtay
08-07-13, 10:03
thank you EasGuy for the vy detailed pics, and our dear sis Eastlover for the comparisons with the model. SL had better do everything as in the model.. vy soon, we will be counting the nu. of trees. :D

East Lover
08-07-13, 10:12
I forgot to thank our dear EastGuy :D Thanks! Really appreciate the effort of traveling the entire estate to take so many good and detailed photos! :)

Yes Mr Tay, SL is doing the lanscape concurrently... very soon all of us will receive the carpark payment :cheers5:

by the way, did you check with your gas friend? 1st August is the contractual date for VW completion?? :D :rolleyes: ;)

thank you EasGuy for the vy detailed pics, and our dear sis Eastlover for the comparisons with the model. SL had better do everything as in the model.. vy soon, we will be counting the nu. of trees. :D

forestfire
08-07-13, 10:47
I thought those were taken from Blk 77 and 79 as mentioned by forestfire. Didn't know they were from 91. Hehe. Blur me. Thanks!!:D

Yes, perhaps EL is correct - when her picture is magnified it seemed like there is a steel structure for the green creepers to grow on (even though it is between blocks 89 & 91).

From the model block 77 do not have this structure, maybe the architect decided to add on.

http://i701.photobucket.com/albums/ww15/MLZT/DSC01695.jpg

Shadus
08-07-13, 10:56
Yes, thanks Eastguy & EastLover especially... and all other WVers who've contributed. I really find this forum extremely useful in clearing up my doubts and planning ahead!!!

Wondering if we setup a simple FB group, would fellow WVers contribute their renovation ideas and plans and pictures? Am just the type of person who likes to see how others do it :p

Shadus
08-07-13, 10:58
BTW, just sharing what one of my ID says about the dining -> kitchen door. Because I showed him the showflat pictures.... he notices 2 lines and he say this is most likely one of those thin in-wall doors. Forgot the specific term he use but is a sliding door that can slide into the wall insert. totally concealing it when is open..... anyone thinks so too?

JohnDoe4
08-07-13, 11:57
Yes, thanks Eastguy & EastLover especially... and all other WVers who've contributed. I really find this forum extremely useful in clearing up my doubts and planning ahead!!!

Wondering if we setup a simple FB group, would fellow WVers contribute their renovation ideas and plans and pictures? Am just the type of person who likes to see how others do it :p

Hi, yes, we should set-up a FB page.

From my experience...folks from NV Residences moved from this forum to a FB page...when folks starting collecting keys.

In the forum (go ahead to join), people share renovations ideas and contacts, including bulk purchase discounts. They also shared problems with their units when the collected keys...so that everyone can all learn from it.

Furthermore, within the FB page, you could have a residents-only section but there has to be a method of "proof".

I think we should set-up the FB page.

JohnDoe4
08-07-13, 12:37
Hi all,

I have created the Waterview (Tampines) FB group.

Please go ahead to join as this is a closed-group. Everyone can view, but only members can post.

Currently, I am the admin, but let me know if anyone wishes to take over the admin role.

For now, the main cover pic is taken from the internet. If someone wishes to send me a better photo, i can replace it.

In the coming week, I will set-up a album folder called "Progress" where everyone can upload photos of the progress.

Feedback and suggestions are welcome.

Thank all.

Nail
08-07-13, 13:11
Can't wait to see the entry of WV... so i upload the model to our dear FEC to 解解馋 :D
http://i1203.photobucket.com/albums/bb400/vw_progress/wv-main-entry_zpse35886ae.jpg

http://i1203.photobucket.com/albums/bb400/vw_progress/IMG_3276_zps620a437a.jpg

You cannot see the structure because it is being covered by creepers:p

Same apply to the fences.

JohnDoe4
08-07-13, 13:29
To join the group, please go to FB and search "Waterview" You should see the group page "Waterview (Tampines) and there's a link to "Join Group".

Hope this helps.

Hi all,

I have created the Waterview (Tampines) FB group.

Please go ahead to join as this is a closed-group. Everyone can view, but only members can post.

Currently, I am the admin, but let me know if anyone wishes to take over the admin role.

For now, the main cover pic is taken from the internet. If someone wishes to send me a better photo, i can replace it.

In the coming week, I will set-up a album folder called "Progress" where everyone can upload photos of the progress.

Feedback and suggestions are welcome.

Thank all.

huddy
08-07-13, 13:48
Unable to search, it returned a few pages that created by agents previously.

To join the group, please go to FB and search "Waterview" You should see the group page "Waterview (Tampines) and there's a link to "Join Group".

Hope this helps.

desquire
08-07-13, 14:00
This is what I got for the search bro, maybe change to WV-FEC. Just a suggestion. Is it the first one? I'm not sure myself. :D

JohnDoe4
08-07-13, 14:56
Please search for "Waterview (Tampines)".

Unable to search, it returned a few pages that created by agents previously.

JohnDoe4
08-07-13, 15:13
This is what I got for the search bro, maybe change to WV-FEC. Just a suggestion. Is it the first one? I'm not sure myself. :D

Hi Everyone,

Didn't know it would be such a pain to find the Facebook group.

I have changed the name to "Waterview (Tampines), FEC Forum".

Please note that this is a closed GROUP and not a PAGE. Yes, there are many Waterview pages created by agents.

huddy
08-07-13, 15:27
Doesn't return any result under group :(

Anything to do with the permission group settings?

Hi Everyone,

Didn't know it would be such a pain to find the Facebook group.

I have changed the name to "Waterview (Tampines), FEC Forum".

Please note that this is a closed GROUP and not a PAGE. Yes, there are many Waterview pages created by agents.

Shadus
08-07-13, 15:45
Hi John, if its a closed group. You need to invite us in. You may have set it to unable to find when we search for it.

Alternatively, you can paste the link here, we can just use the link instead of searching for it. When we search, it returns pages that some agents have created.

Sorry, I'm not that familiar with Group creation either...
I tried "Waterview Residents" group I created, can someone try if this works?

https://www.facebook.com/groups/514246721981833/

Shadus
08-07-13, 15:52
If the group works.. I'll like to pass admin to some of you can??? :p..... I'll try put up some photos I gathered from all the contributors in this forum in the page... see if it works well...

nickq
08-07-13, 15:55

Been wondering...what is FEC? What does it stands for? :beats-me-man:

JohnDoe4
08-07-13, 15:58
Hi John, if its a closed group. You need to invite us in. You may have set it to unable to find when we search for it.

Alternatively, you can paste the link here, we can just use the link instead of searching for it. When we search, it returns pages that some agents have created.

Strangely, yours seems to be working fine.

I have joined your group and "Waterview Residents" makes absolutely sense...since there are so many other "Waterview Tampines".

Good job on this.

I will delete the FB group that i created.

Shadus
08-07-13, 16:12
Was reading up on the FB group settings, i think all members of group shd be able to post and invite members... so i guess this is ok for now, no admin needed till we find the FB group useful :p

Please post more photos and ideas...

desquire
08-07-13, 16:45
Been wondering...what is FEC? What does it stands for? :beats-me-man:
Friendly East Club. Hahaha!!:D

desquire
08-07-13, 16:52
I'm in but we have to use this link. If we do the search it will return with a nil. :D

jjtio
08-07-13, 17:00
Hi FEC

Cheers

thanks Eastguy. looking good. :)

jjtio
08-07-13, 17:01

i've sent in a request just now. :)

gohbek
08-07-13, 17:45
i've sent in a request just now. :)

I cant go into the link using hp fb. can help?

jbtay
08-07-13, 18:31
I also can't get in as its a closed group.

Kengar
08-07-13, 18:41
I have also submitted my request :D

gohbek
08-07-13, 20:03
:o
I cant go into the link using hp fb. can help?
Just send in my request :)

Shadus
08-07-13, 20:43
Sorry, was out for dinner, all request checked....

BTW, am i the only one who can approve members joining? How do I pass this privilege to more ppl? :p pai sei pai sei... am not so good at FB stuff.

Shadus
08-07-13, 21:17
wah... suddenly FB group found 29 residents already... Use this link

Still waiting for our very active Sis EL and Bro EG :)

gohbek
08-07-13, 22:05
Sorry, was out for dinner, all request checked....

BTW, am i the only one who can approve members joining? How do I pass this privilege to more ppl? :p pai sei pai sei... am not so good at FB stuff.
I am also not too good with FB stuff. Guess shall wait for expert to help advise. ;)

athenl
08-07-13, 22:38
I do not have a FB account, but what is the difference between posting here and FB,...:ashamed1:

atta
08-07-13, 22:58
Wah fb admin super fast. Alrdy accepted. Lol

Shadus
08-07-13, 23:03
I do not have a FB account, but what is the difference between posting here and FB,...:ashamed1:

Easier to post & find photos in FB..... tot of a FB group mainly to share reno ideas.....

ridepinky
08-07-13, 23:03
Just been added in. Cheers!

Shadus
08-07-13, 23:04
Wah fb admin super fast. Alrdy accepted. Lol

How to pass admin to others? U mean member of the group can't accept new members?! err...i won't always be online leh... i can "disappear" for a while due to job nature sometimes.

atta
08-07-13, 23:06
How to pass admin to others? U mean member of the group can't accept new members?! err...i won't always be online leh... i can "disappear" for a while due to job nature sometimes.

Lol. But I'm worst.. iT idiot.... :(

Eastguy
09-07-13, 00:17

Hi Bro

Just sent in my request on FB :-)

jbtay
09-07-13, 10:04
I forgot to thank our dear EastGuy :D Thanks! Really appreciate the effort of traveling the entire estate to take so many good and detailed photos! :)

Yes Mr Tay, SL is doing the lanscape concurrently... very soon all of us will receive the carpark payment :cheers5:

by the way, did you check with your gas friend? 1st August is the contractual date for VW completion?? :D :rolleyes: ;)

I don't want to raise expectations unduely. Indications are that SL is pushing hard to meets its original target schedule to have TOP by 3Q13, and the supporting utilities are getting their side of the works ready should SL manage to meet their targeted schedule. Info is that all the gas water heaters have been delivered to site. I think August could be too optimistic but obviously SL is pushing hard for it. My gut feel is prudent to assume there will be some slippage, say two months. Then mid to end Oct 13 could be a good bet for TOP. So move in Xmas may be do-able for some depending on when one gets the keys and the amount of reno works, etc. Let's hope the workmanship is good and little reworks to be done. :D :cheers4:

gohbek
09-07-13, 10:16
I don't want to raise expectations unduely. Indications are that SL is pushing hard to meets its original target schedule to have TOP by 3Q13, and the supporting utilities are getting their side of the works ready should SL manage to meet their targeted schedule. Info is that all the gas water heaters have been delivered to site. I think August could be too optimistic but obviously SL is pushing hard for it. My gut feel is prudent to assume there will be some slippage, say two months. Then mid to end Oct 13 could be a good bet for TOP. So move in Xmas may be do-able for some depending on when one gets the keys and the amount of reno works, etc. Let's hope the workmanship is good and little reworks to be done. :D :cheers4:

If assume oct, is good :) exam just over for my kid. Can have one more helper to start packing. hee..hee...

Shadus
09-07-13, 10:37
Oct is perfect if they release my key by late Oct.. then I can reno in Nov and go for family holidays in Dec!!!

East Lover
10-07-13, 16:13
Mr Tay, thanks!

glad to know that Oct 13 TOP is possible!!! :cheers4:

East Lover
10-07-13, 16:16
Errrr...... no verification at all in the FB group? how do you know the requester is valid WV residence instead of property agent? :p

i submitted my request also.... but i hardly go FB one... :D

jbtay
10-07-13, 21:19
Mr Tay, thanks!

glad to know that Oct 13 TOP is possible!!! :cheers4:

Yes, Shanni Su in Waterview Residents informed that Shirley, SL said YOP expected in Nov/Dec 13. That raise my hopes cause, normally we would expect SL to give the worst case rather than the best.

Btw, here is an interesting website with info on HDB history from time immemorial, floor plans, and an interesting view on property prices in general, kinda forward looking.
http://www.teoalida.com/
Thought I paste it here instead. Like Daud Teo (Desquire) mentioned. This place now kind of looks pretty dead.:doh:

Kengar
10-07-13, 21:51
Yes I am quite concerned with agents trying to sneak into the FB group.

Errrr...... no verification at all in the FB group? how do you know the requester is valid WV residence instead of property agent? :p

thechoi
10-07-13, 22:01
I actually find it easier to read message here, i m bad with facebook... :ashamed1:

desquire
10-07-13, 22:48
I actually find it easier to read message here, i m bad with facebook... :ashamed1:
Me too. Miss this place so much... Boo boo. :tongue3:

athenl
10-07-13, 23:26
Could we continue this forum, having been reading since 2011, difficult to adapt to FB,..:ashamed1: or paste picture in both concurrently? :cheers4:

JohnDoe4
11-07-13, 00:45

Hi all,

FB is better because we are using real identities. What is the difference here that agents can also post on this forum? Even if agents or contractors want to post, it may be to our benefit. Up to us to manage it. Furthermore, if posts from certain members get out of hand, we can ban that user.

FB also allows us to have photo albums where we go to 1 location to view all photos, unlike this forum.

I know it's a change for many of us, but we have to adapt. Just like how we threw away our Nokia for the iPhone :-)

ANyways, here's the new, updated FB URL:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/WaterviewResidents/

See you guys there.

jbtay
11-07-13, 06:46
Seems to me. other than central depository of photos, no other advantages. I may b wrong. Can facebook create folders, topic wise, otherwise find it difficult to follow. Clover by the parkdoes it via freeforums.org organised into topics. Anyway I suppose got to make do with fth for now.

desquire
11-07-13, 06:55
Seems to me. other than central depository of photos, no other advantages. I may b wrong. Can facebook create folders, topic wise, otherwise find it difficult to follow. Clover by the parkdoes it via freeforums.org organised into topics. Anyway I suppose got to make do with fth for now.

:D :D :D ... Poison can be an antidote for some... take a teaspoon of each a day...

I like it here cause it for all to see and new posts can easily be tracked... basially this place where we have called home here is idiotproof but hard to track cause it's everywhere!!:scared-3:

:p :D :p :D :p :D

Shadus
11-07-13, 08:57
FB & forum is meant to be complimentary.... so personally, i don't find it a FB vs forum thingie. Generally, i use FB for all my activity groupies.. like biking / cycling / etc...

Not sure if FB can create "topic", but it can create "events" which serves almost like a topic.... It is slightly easier in FB to trace back specific interest / topic.. but ya, most impt, don't take this as FB vs forum thing... these 2 are complimentary.

East Lover
11-07-13, 15:33
Mr Tay, I like this website! Very interesting and useful info... the HDB is getting smaller and smaller also :p

Yes, Shanni Su in Waterview Residents informed that Shirley, SL said YOP expected in Nov/Dec 13. That raise my hopes cause, normally we would expect SL to give the worst case rather than the best.

Btw, here is an interesting website with info on HDB history from time immemorial, floor plans, and an interesting view on property prices in general, kinda forward looking.
http://www.teoalida.com/
Thought I paste it here instead. Like Daud Teo (Desquire) mentioned. This place now kind of looks pretty dead.:doh:

East Lover
11-07-13, 15:36
Dear athen, I second you :D

bro Shadus, John, thanks for the invitation... i will go to visit FB when I'm convenient... register but haven't got time to go back FB...pls help to keep this forum updated concurrently...:D i'm gonna to miss all of you if you all move to FB :rolleyes:

Could we continue this forum, having been reading since 2011, difficult to adapt to FB,..:ashamed1: or paste picture in both concurrently? :cheers4:

Shadus
11-07-13, 16:02
No worries... haha. Someone told me today, get an iPhone and i'm always connected to FB... :p

Shadus
11-07-13, 16:07
Definitely will keep the forum posted coz i think is a good place to summarize discussions as FB tend to be "fast and furious"

So far, i captured
1. Mentioned that SL will provide choice of window grilles for safety
2. Window film discussion
3. Finger print main door lock discussion
4. Curtains discussion

Otherwise, is general chats about reno & ID
And there's a "growing" following in FB for patio residents... haha. Didnt know we have so many patio folks around

desquire
11-07-13, 16:27
Wow thats great!!

huddy
11-07-13, 17:16
Do you guys receive calls from agents to sell/rent your units? I'm getting average 2-3 calls every day over the past 2 weeks. Quite disturbing ...

desquire
11-07-13, 17:21
Do you guys receive calls from agents to sell/rent your units? I'm getting average 2-3 calls every day over the past 2 weeks. Quite disturbing ...
Only brochures so far bro. 2 up to now. Maybe loke someone said, yoi could have given your contact mumber to agent and did not indicate this, that and dunno what. So far, no blackmail text/phone calls yet. :D

desquire
11-07-13, 17:23
No worries... haha. Someone told me today, get an iPhone and i'm always connected to FB... :p
Bro don't tell me you're on Nokia. Hehe. Samsung? Iphone works best for me. Easier to access both Condosingapore and facebook. I prefer the 'i' to 's'. Just a personal preference...:p

huddy
11-07-13, 17:28
Anything I could do to stop this? But I guess it's too late. They told me they got my contact thru caveat. No idea how this thing works. haha

Only brochures so far bro. 2 up to now. Maybe loke someone said, yoi could have given your contact mumber to agent and did not indicate this, that and dunno what. So far, no blackmail text/phone calls yet. :D

desquire
11-07-13, 18:12
Anything I could do to stop this? But I guess it's too late. They told me they got my contact thru caveat. No idea how this thing works. haha
No idea also:beats-me-man: Maybe you rich lah bro so they wanna kidnap you. Haha. Just kidding :tongue3: Like we get calls from banks etc. dunno where they grt out contact from also. ;)

huddy
11-07-13, 18:46
Haha, confirm not rich la. Hope the Do Not Call registry will be up by January. :)

No idea also:beats-me-man: Maybe you rich lah bro so they wanna kidnap you. Haha. Just kidding :tongue3: Like we get calls from banks etc. dunno where they grt out contact from also. ;)

Shadus
12-07-13, 15:29
Bro don't tell me you're on Nokia. Hehe. Samsung? Iphone works best for me. Easier to access both Condosingapore and facebook. I prefer the 'i' to 's'. Just a personal preference...:p

worst.. I'm on BB. Can't access anything.

desquire
12-07-13, 16:51
worst.. I'm on BB. Can't access anything.
Oh gosh. My friend just bought a BB also. Text me non stop ask me how to use when im an IT and gadget idiot myself. Hahaha!! Iphone works fine and extremely idiotproof just that the camera and images dispalyed over youtube etc can't beat those from Samsung. Way way far from the Koreans who are so much better.

Choose and get one of them. You'll love it to the bits. Hehe.:D

Shadus
12-07-13, 18:30
grr.... i really have grown a dislike for my BB.... if not for the email capability......

Echelon
13-07-13, 08:38
grr.... i really have grown a dislike for my BB.... if not for the email capability......

Actually I was a BB user too because of the email capabilities as well, but since getting the HTC One, it is fast, stable and can also do push email, so it is no difference, I thought I cant type on a screen but actually quite good and easy especially with the touch feedback, buzz on the screen when you type and has taping sound. Anyways the alu finish is really good and camera takes very decent to good shots.

My wife just got a Q10 for work - she hates it. Think shes moving to android soon.

jbtay
13-07-13, 12:29
My son just got the new HTC one, pretty cool. I am using the older HTC one S. Pretty happy with it. Got a BB from the office but prefer HTC.

desquire
13-07-13, 13:17
My son just got the new HTC one, pretty cool. I am using the older HTC one S. Pretty happy with it. Got a BB from the office but prefer HTC.
My friend from work is always praising his HTC. Heard its quite reliable too but jot so easy to use like the iphone but again a matter of getting usee to it. ;)

Nail
13-07-13, 14:36
Just wonder has the tentage removed from the swimming pools. Eager to see how the pools look like after completed..

Shadus
13-07-13, 15:24
Just wonder has the tentage removed from the swimming pools. Eager to see how the pools look like after completed..

Will they remove it now? Unless they're ready to fill the pool right? If not it becomes a rain water collector.

desquire
13-07-13, 18:34
I'm like waiting for that to happen too. Like so nice... Hahaha!:D

East Lover
13-07-13, 18:46
Me too! :D

But as what bro shadus said, they may only remove it when it's ready... Maybe when they collect our payment for carpark? That's good time to prepare TOP application :rolleyes:

I saw them laying the parquet for viewing gallery... Completion coming soon! :cheers5: :cheers5: :cheers5:

Will they remove it now? Unless they're ready to fill the pool right? If not it becomes a rain water collector.

East Lover
13-07-13, 18:48
I'm like waiting for that to happen too. Like so nice... Hahaha!:D
Same here! :cheers6:

desquire
13-07-13, 18:51

But as what bro shadus said, they may only remove it when it's ready... Maybe when they collect our payment for carpark? That's good time to prepare TOP application :rolleyes:

I saw them laying the parquet for viewing gallery... Completion coming soon! :cheers5: :cheers5: :cheers5:
Wahhhhh!!! Viewing gallery using parquet?!?!??!!!:scared-3: :scared-3: :scared-3:

Yalah. Must collect $$$ first. After collect then can see lah. :D

MelAu
14-07-13, 08:48

Oh, wouldn't it be outdoor wooden plank? I would imagine the nightmare for maintenance in using parquet! :scared-5:

East Lover
14-07-13, 21:06
Opp! Sorry I mean outdoor wooden decking :D :D :D

Oh, wouldn't it be outdoor wooden plank? I would imagine the nightmare for maintenance in using parquet! :scared-5:

jbtay
14-07-13, 21:30
Opp! Sorry I mean outdoor wooden decking :D :D :D

This is No. 18 Viewing Gallery shown on the site plan, right? I wonder whats so special in this spot? Is it on a high platform? Viewing gallery to where? Can't be to the condo? Can only c part of the main pool. Viewing gallery of the Quarry?:D

East Lover
14-07-13, 22:17
Yes viewing quarry! See the site map below

Maybe end up be the private garden of these ground floor units :D

This is No. 18 Viewing Gallery shown on the site plan, right? I wonder whats so special in this spot? Is it on a high platform? Viewing gallery to where? Can't be to the condo? Can only c part of the main pool. Viewing gallery of the Quarry?:D
http://www.orangetee.com/Visitor_Lounge/NewLaunches/Waterview/Images/Sitemap.jpg

desquire
15-07-13, 15:06
The gallery is almost on the same ground as the quarry. Just a little elevated. I think it's to get inspiration from the roads as to what car to change to next. Go free COE view to widen our horizons...hehehe.:D

desquire
15-07-13, 15:08
The whole bulk of the manpower is channelled at the main entrance but I don't see anything major in the plan. Just the signage and mini waterfall but looks like some really serious business going on there. :cheers1:

minami-san
15-07-13, 22:08
The whole bulk of the manpower is channelled at the main entrance but I don't see anything major in the plan. Just the signage and mini waterfall but looks like some really serious business going on there. :cheers1:
I was at the site yesterday. Saw them laying the wooden planks/tiles at the viewing gallery before it started to rain. Caught a glimpse of the bedroom cabinets installed in one of the low rise units facing quarry that is near the public reservoir car park. Perhaps it is a demo unit for the workers!

Shadus
16-07-13, 08:46
Why is there a need for a viewing gallery or demo unit if is all sold out?!

jjtio
16-07-13, 09:03
went to visit the site on sunday. progress is looking good. hope we TOP soon. :)

waterviewer88
16-07-13, 10:16
Why is there a need for a viewing gallery or demo unit if is all sold out?!

Viewing gallery is the timber-decked area beside stack 31 overlooking the quarry. I suppose you can stand there to enjoy a view of the quarry.

By demo, I think minami meant cabinet sample for the workers to see how it shld be made :)

East Lover
16-07-13, 11:33
sunday morning i saw a group of workers offloaded from the carpark, walked to WV via the sidegate facing reservior... I guess there are many group of workers, some are busy in carpark, some are in lanscape (more and more trees are planted), some are busy inside the buildings....

let's prey WV TOP on Oct, and we can collect our key on early Nov! :D :cheers4: :cheers4:

Viewing gallery is the timber-decked area beside stack 31 overlooking the quarry. I suppose you can stand there to enjoy a view of the quarry.

By demo, I think minami meant cabinet sample for the workers to see how it shld be made :)

Shadus
16-07-13, 13:01

Ohh.... sorry for misunderstanding..haha, i tot they trying to put up a model showflat....

nickq
16-07-13, 18:59
The Land Parcel B besides Q Bay received 10 bids, with the highest bid by MCC Land for $6049.41 psm.

http://www.ura.gov.sg/pr/graphics/2013/pr13-42a.pdf

Compared to the amount FEO, FCL and SH paid for Q Bay: $4497.81 psm.

http://www.ura.gov.sg/pr/graphics/2012/pr12-50a.pdf

Q Bay and Waterview both huat ah!

desquire
16-07-13, 19:58
sunday morning i saw a group of workers offloaded from the carpark, walked to WV via the sidegate facing reservior... I guess there are many group of workers, some are busy in carpark, some are in lanscape (more and more trees are planted), some are busy inside the buildings....

let's prey WV TOP on Oct, and we can collect our key on early Nov! :D :cheers4: :cheers4:
Yeah. All working concurrently. Very happening. Work everywhere. :p

desquire
16-07-13, 20:00
The Land Parcel B besides Q Bay received 10 bids, with the highest bid by MCC Land for $6049.41 psm.

http://www.ura.gov.sg/pr/graphics/2013/pr13-42a.pdf

Compared to the amount FEO, FCL and SH paid for Q Bay: $4497.81 psm.

http://www.ura.gov.sg/pr/graphics/2012/pr12-50a.pdf

Q Bay and Waterview both huat ah!
I wonder why they throw in a bid which is so much higher than the previous two. There must be something very special about that plot of land space there. :confused:

star
16-07-13, 22:21
Reason is developers land bank running low.

star
16-07-13, 22:25
Do not be surprised if the last plot of land in sg ocr is selling for $10000 psf.

jjtio
17-07-13, 07:20
good morning all

last nite i've rec'd a call from ERA asking me to sell my unit. (of course, no way!) best of all, they called me on my rarely used land line. how did they get my contact i wonder? :tongue3:

chestnut
17-07-13, 08:29
Dear waterviewers, isn't the result of the land tender a great news????

The breakeven price for the project from mcc is higher than our buy price. It is 150 more than qbay.... So gues what will happen to our units which is a better location then qbay and the one from mcc...

There were many people who complained about how wv looked... Honestly, I could not be bothered, so long as the price increase more than other area, u can sell and move to another location with the gain... So it is still a win.... I still feel wv is beautiful...

Congrats to all of u who held on, me inclusive.... :ashamed1:

Cheers:cheers5: :cheers5:

jjtio
17-07-13, 08:37
well said, chestnut. :)

leesg123
17-07-13, 08:38

The breakeven price for the project from mcc is higher than our buy price. It is 150 more than qbay.... So gues what will happen to our units which is a better location then qbay and the one from mcc...

There were many people who complained about how wv looked... Honestly, I could not be bothered, so long as the price increase more than other area, u can sell and move to another location with the gain... So it is still a win.... I still feel wv is beautiful...

congrats to all WV and qbay owners!

East Lover
17-07-13, 09:33
Yes big bro!! I was so surprised (and happy) for the high bidding price... really a good news for all the Waterviewers! :cheers4:

I read some where that new URA plan includes Tampines ave 10 as a new residential development area. maybe developer knows something which we don't?

maybe really have LRT link all the way to Giant/IKEA to Tampinese MRT, and more and more amenities coming in this area?

maybe they really re-look the quary part and link it with reservior? :cheers5:

wow, what a good news!! cheer FEC!! :cheers4: :cheers4:

East Lover
18-07-13, 23:48
Dear FEC, I managed to sneak into waterview tonight! :D

I managed to visit my unit, that night view of reservoir n city is just very very very nice! The whole unit is very quiet, windy......the best we got very nice view in every room, even the tiny 4 room also have some quarry view.:spliff: I purposely open the MBR windows, the road noise from ave 10 are very very little..

I think the interior are done up 7788. All the built-in cabinets are installed, only the door, drawer, fittings are not installed yet.

Flooring are done, but covered with protector. They will only polish before handover.

The backyard good size, but Aircon lodge are very spacious :mad: really wasted if we don't use for laundry :simmering:

On general it's not far away from show flat, but few things to take note:
1. The little corner between kitchen n HS are not empty! They installed a big cabinet for all those power control things...
2. The iron gate is just half height
3. The kitchen door to backyard is glass door
4. The entry area from main door very small! Narrower than the snowflat at first sight
5. There is NO place to put shoes outside! :banghead: not at all. They build some bulky cabinet outside the main door, very big, quite high. I don't know what's inside. Maybe those meter thing.... So you can only view lake but can't utilize the outside area at all. :doh: party time the most narrow place will be the lift lobby n main door :beats-me-man: The 2-bedder unit still possible to place a small shoe rack ...

For external,
1. Tile are installed in the pool. The water play "fake little mountain" are ready in children pool
2. BBQ area very big
3. Playground almost done, spacious
4. No path from our ground to the wooden decking. I had to walk through the soil, jump a bit, in order to reach to the wood path
5. The decking not done yet, at least from reservoir side. I couldn't reach to basketball court side :spliff2:
6. The quarry view from wood decking are at eye level. Seems not bad to me, but too dark, can't see much at night :cool:
7. Road noise from decking acceptable, and not that near in fact.
8. The solid wall only built from entry-Along tropica-till the side gate. Not for security purpose. It's for car driving path :p
9. Beside solid wall, a big gap to the wire wall, for landscape.

I have to share all the dear FEC, WVer, our project is really really huge! When I was standing at pool side and looked around, I felt myself very small :p :p the big 8 design make WV very spacious n windy!! Good fengshui!

Congrats to all WV owners! TOP is really counting down now! :cheers4: :cheers4: :cheers4:

Stan11
19-07-13, 00:59
Congrats to all WV owners! TOP is really counting down now! :cheers4: :cheers4: :cheers4:

Wow!! Thanks for the update!! Really counting down now!!

How did u manage to get in?? :D

forestfire
19-07-13, 06:37
Thank you, EastLover for the "insideful" update.

I'm from unit 10 (2-bedder+1), I thought so I could build a small shoe cabinet to the left side of the main entrance.

Thanks

jbtay
19-07-13, 07:26
Dear Sis, you are the Best. Fantastic csi work in the middle of the night. Have they put in the HS. Understand that HS door opens outwards n therefore has to be towards that big cabinet you refer to n not towards the rubbish chute. In that case, can't fix anthing there anyway. My original idea was to fix a slim tall cabinet. Thank you very much for a vy detailed update.

Strata
19-07-13, 07:30
Better quickly sell otherwise interest rate go up, recession hit, rental yield drop..the loss is even greater.

If I were you, I will sell first and wait for market to soften further and when the disaster hit, everyone will be force to sell..This is the time to enter the market again to grab it...huat ah!

Eastguy
19-07-13, 07:37
Thanks Eastlover... How did u sneak in? Tips pls:-). Good to know that the flooring n the internal done up. Really hope there's good view from my apartment at stack 5. Any pictures? Thanks once again

gohbek
19-07-13, 08:31
Thank you, Eastlover for the updates. Risking yourself go inside and share with us the info.. so sweet.. :) Looking forward for TOP.

angiedan78
19-07-13, 08:39
Hi EastLover
We're all very proud of you. We've such a wonderful neighbour that not only uses her precious time to regularly updates, writeups & photoshooting for us but to risk her life to provide the latest info. It's GREAT to have you as our neighbour.
Really hoping to meet all of you this coming X'mas & wishing most of us to receive our WV keys real soon.
:cheers3:

chestnut
19-07-13, 08:58
Better quickly sell otherwise interest rate go up, recession hit, rental yield drop..the loss is even greater.

If I were you, I will sell first and wait for market to soften further and when the disaster hit, everyone will be force to sell..This is the time to enter the market again to grab it...huat ah!

Very interesting. We were in recession in 09
http://www.asiaone.com/Business/News/My%2BMoney/Story/A1Story20090122-116356.html
And u expect a recession again so soon?

So when u expect the next recession? I reckon u talking about a deep recession because a technical recession has minimal impact.

US is recovering from one of its worst recession. Europe is in recession and only has one way to go, and that is up. And u expecting a recession in Singapore?

The developers are still bidding so high for gls.

So I am puzzled?
:confused:

East Lover
19-07-13, 09:08
well said big bro!!

The plot next to Qbay already bid 20% higher.

Even the MTB king ah tan who was crying crash coming daily, already commited to purchase his Mt Sinai purchase.
http://forums.condosingapore.com/showthread.php?t=18301

low interest rate will last till 2015 at least

Crying recession will NOT help MTB to buy cheap. :p

Very interesting. We were in recession in 09
http://www.asiaone.com/Business/News/My%2BMoney/Story/A1Story20090122-116356.html
And u expect a recession again so soon?

So when u expect the next recession? I reckon u talking about a deep recession because a technical recession has minimal impact.

US is recovering from one of its worst recession. Europe is in recession and only has one way to go, and that is up. And u expecting a recession in Singapore?

The developers are still bidding so high for gls.

So I am puzzled?
:confused:

East Lover
19-07-13, 09:09
dear all FEC. it's my pleasure! :D

Hi EastLover
We're all very proud of you. We've such a wonderful neighbour that not only uses her precious time to regularly updates, writeups & photoshooting for us but to risk her life to provide the latest info. It's GREAT to have you as our neighbour.
Really hoping to meet all of you this coming X'mas & wishing most of us to receive our WV keys real soon.
:cheers3:

East Lover
19-07-13, 09:11
Mr Tay, yes we can't do anything there anymore. I had the same idea also... so it's very safe to confirm the design when we see the actual unit.

Dear Sis, you are the Best. Fantastic csi work in the middle of the night. Have they put in the HS. Understand that HS door opens outwards n therefore has to be towards that big cabinet you refer to n not towards the rubbish chute. In that case, can't fix anthing there anyway. My original idea was to fix a slim tall cabinet. Thank you very much for a vy detailed update.

East Lover
19-07-13, 09:14
yes, i think your unit still possible... but i was too nevious, and i had to rely on the moonlight, i didn't see very clear. but confirm your unit outside area is much spacious and enclosed than mine!

I was supposed to go reservior for regular jogging. so i didn't bring anything extra, no torch light, no handphone.. :ashamed1:

Thank you, EastLover for the "insideful" update.

I'm from unit 10 (2-bedder+1), I thought so I could build a small shoe cabinet to the left side of the main entrance.

Thanks

East Lover
19-07-13, 09:16
i didn't plan, so didn't prepare.... couldnt take any photo. i was so regret when i stood in my balcony :p nice view and quiet!

next time you try your luck? :D

Thanks Eastlover... How did u sneak in? Tips pls:-). Good to know that the flooring n the internal done up. Really hope there's good view from my apartment at stack 5. Any pictures? Thanks once again

thechoi
19-07-13, 13:17
Thank you sis eastlover. It must be an exciting adventure for you..:cheers4:
Which entry did you sneak in from?

Justin3
19-07-13, 13:20
Dear FEC, I managed to sneak into waterview tonight! :D

I managed to visit my unit, that night view of reservoir n city is just very very very nice! The whole unit is very quiet, windy......the best we got very nice view in every room, even the tiny 4 room also have some quarry view.:spliff: I purposely open the MBR windows, the road noise from ave 10 are very very little..

I think the interior are done up 7788. All the built-in cabinets are installed, only the door, drawer, fittings are not installed yet.

Flooring are done, but covered with protector. They will only polish before handover.

The backyard good size, but Aircon lodge are very spacious :mad: really wasted if we don't use for laundry :simmering:

On general it's not far away from show flat, but few things to take note:
1. The little corner between kitchen n HS are not empty! They installed a big cabinet for all those power control things...
2. The iron gate is just half height
3. The kitchen door to backyard is glass door
4. The entry area from main door very small! Narrower than the snowflat at first sight
5. There is NO place to put shoes outside! :banghead: not at all. They build some bulky cabinet outside the main door, very big, quite high. I don't know what's inside. Maybe those meter thing.... So you can only view lake but can't utilize the outside area at all. :doh: party time the most narrow place will be the lift lobby n main door :beats-me-man: The 2-bedder unit still possible to place a small shoe rack ...

For external,
1. Tile are installed in the pool. The water play "fake little mountain" are ready in children pool
2. BBQ area very big
3. Playground almost done, spacious
4. No path from our ground to the wooden decking. I had to walk through the soil, jump a bit, in order to reach to the wood path
5. The decking not done yet, at least from reservoir side. I couldn't reach to basketball court side :spliff2:
6. The quarry view from wood decking are at eye level. Seems not bad to me, but too dark, can't see much at night :cool:
7. Road noise from decking acceptable, and not that near in fact.
8. The solid wall only built from entry-Along tropica-till the side gate. Not for security purpose. It's for car driving path :p
9. Beside solid wall, a big gap to the wire wall, for landscape.

I have to share all the dear FEC, WVer, our project is really really huge! When I was standing at pool side and looked around, I felt myself very small :p :p the big 8 design make WV very spacious n windy!! Good fengshui!

Thank you for the update ?

May I know how you go up to your floor? By lift or by walk up to the stair case?

jjtio
19-07-13, 13:28
East Lover,

u r the best!! :D Told my mum ur findings & she was so happy. :D

Xie xie

Looking fwd to TOP :p

star
19-07-13, 13:48
Hi eastlover, is the boundary wall surrounding the condo made of concrete or mesh wire fence?

Shadus
19-07-13, 14:26
haha... do i get a sense that soon, some others are going to try this adventure too? :p....

Please be careful for your own safety hor...haha, no matter what, is still a construction site. And dun take the lift even if there's power.

East Lover
19-07-13, 14:27
i claim up via the staircase... stack #09 :p

Thank you for the update ?

May I know how you go up to your floor? By lift or by walk up to the stair case?

Thank you sis eastlover. It must be an exciting adventure for you..:cheers4:
Which entry did you sneak in from?

East Lover
19-07-13, 14:28
the boundary wall from entry to block 79 is concrete wall. the wire fence starts from the reservior facing all the way to the entry.

the concrete wall is purely for car drivng path safy purpose...

Hi eastlover, is the boundary wall surrounding the condo made of concrete or mesh wire fence?

East Lover
19-07-13, 14:33
thanks! i think i will dare not to try it again liao... actually quite risky in the dark night at contruction site :D but i felt no fear maybe i was at my home? :rolleyes:

WV is very nice project i have to repeat again. you come and feel to appreciate it! :p

haha... do i get a sense that soon, some others are going to try this adventure too? :p....

Please be careful for your own safety hor...haha, no matter what, is still a construction site. And dun take the lift even if there's power.

athenl
20-07-13, 08:21
1. Anyone looking for loft bed? Any recommendation?
2. Is it better to wall mount TV or to have a feature wall to mount it?

waterviewer88
20-07-13, 09:10
1. Anyone looking for loft bed? Any recommendation?
2. Is it better to wall mount TV or to have a feature wall to mount it?

Featurewall is nice and conceals the wires but takes up precious space and makes the room, which is already small, even smaller. I would go for just wall mount without feature wall. Maybe just paint the wall with deco-art :D

East Lover
20-07-13, 09:23
Pool is going to remove today. They started yesterday. Club house is doing now...

Maybe tomorrow east guy can come & take a big shoot for our big-8 pools! :D

atta
20-07-13, 09:32
Pool is going to remove today. They started yesterday. Club house is doing now...

Wow!! Soooo looking forward to see the pools! Wished I can go in n see...... :(

Shadus
20-07-13, 10:10
Featurewall is nice and conceals the wires but takes up precious space and makes the room, which is already small, even smaller. I would go for just wall mount without feature wall. Maybe just paint the wall with deco-art :D

You can just put a piece of feature wall that don't take up much space... remembering that feature wall can help to make the room more spacious. Spaciousness is a matter of perception to a certain limitation of course

desquire
20-07-13, 11:02

Sis your network reception very the pow-derful. I shall take a look later in the evening the unveiling of the '8'. :D

My brother also went into his Prive with the help of the workers legally. Hehe. Just buy them some food and all and they went in-a few of them. Just confirmed TOP a few days ago he mentioned so he's as excited as a raccoon. :p

athenl
20-07-13, 11:10

Thank you for the advice!

jbtay
20-07-13, 11:44

For the benefit of those not in our facebook group, pics from our dear bro EastGuy taken this morning.:cheers4:

Stoney Stone Stone
20-07-13, 12:02
thanks! i think i will dare not to try it again liao... actually quite risky in the dark night at contruction site :D but i felt no fear maybe i was at my home? :rolleyes:

WV is very nice project i have to repeat again. you come and feel to appreciate it! :p

Good Job Sister. You must be train before in FIBUA (Fighting In Build Up Area) with our 3G Army. Thanks for your detail report.:D

Eastguy
20-07-13, 14:41
Thanks Brother Tay

aquarius
21-07-13, 17:43
Thanks for the photos, just manage to retrieve it and the pool is real huge and loves it is in blue :) :) thanks brothers and sisters:)

desquire
21-07-13, 22:37
A case of an average of 696x4 which gives a total of 2784 should each single waterviewer jumps into the pool in a heatwave. Some might hv to settle for the reservoir in a worst case scenario. Haha...:D

jjtio
22-07-13, 07:38
A case of an average of 696x4 which gives a total of 2784 should each single waterviewer jumps into the pool in a heatwave. Some might hv to settle for the reservoir in a worst case scenario. Haha...:D

that's true :P

East Lover
22-07-13, 09:36
I need to consult Mr Tay again :D

See the progress of Minton, i think that's the stage of ready for TOP... how long more can we archive that stage? by end of August possible?? :rolleyes:

http://forums.condosingapore.com/showthread.php?t=9308&page=336

acidic.straw
22-07-13, 15:53

The area of the adult pool of 50m diameter is 1964 sqm. Assuming each person takes up 0.5sqm of space, you can fit in 3388 people - more than the whole ave waterview population...and that's not counting the kiddie pool yet :D

acidic.straw
22-07-13, 15:54
I need to consult Mr Tay again :D

See the progress of Minton, i think that's the stage of ready for TOP... how long more can we archive that stage? by end of August possible?? :rolleyes:

http://forums.condosingapore.com/showthread.php?t=9308&page=336

I think a safe bet is end oct.

desquire
22-07-13, 17:55
The area of the adult pool of 50m diameter is 1964 sqm. Assuming each person takes up 0.5sqm of space, you can fit in 3388 people - more than the whole ave waterview population...and that's not counting the kiddie pool yet :D
Hahahha. I like the way you think bro. That's the way Math is supposed to be. More than enough. I wanna be beside all the WV babes... Hahahha... Let's see what happens when the day comes... :D

desquire
22-07-13, 17:58
Now it's almost certain. Workers there mentioned November. That means they must have been programmed to know that the place will complete by then. Who is more accurate than the workers who work themselves. It's SL target and the workers' duty to meet the deadline.

So, lets all get ready for Christmas 2013 with the Renovation contractors!!:D :eek: :D :eek:

athenl
22-07-13, 21:34
Now it's almost certain. Workers there mentioned November. That means they must have been programmed to know that the place will complete by then. Who is more accurate than the workers who work themselves. It's SL target and the workers' duty to meet the deadline.

So, lets all get ready for Christmas 2013 with the Renovation contractors!!:D :eek: :D :eek:

Just curious, when you mentioned Nov = meaning TOP? But it might be in batches to release the keys right? Might drag for a few weeks or months?

Shadus
22-07-13, 22:24
Just curious, when you mentioned Nov = meaning TOP? But it might be in batches to release the keys right? Might drag for a few weeks or months?

Months....

desquire
23-07-13, 00:11
Yup, the front runners will get their keys first. That's what I was told. I'm a rookie in this. :D

jbtay
23-07-13, 07:47

I agree. Still looks like quite a lot of works. Frontage, they are hurting up those planter boxes, still got that water feature which will require some pumps, pipeworks etc. Clubhouse still need quite a bit of works. Last saw some application dated 5 Jul 13 for some structural wworks n status was processing. Some minor works I guess. Btw actual readiness for TOP, application, inspection n hopefully no directions to rectify n actual TOP, reasonable to cater at least 2 wks if not more.