PDA

View Full Version : Waterview (D18, 99-year Leasehold, Sim Lian Group)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29

Shadus
15-01-13, 21:33
More blue painted.

http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/8490/bluefa.jpg

ah, you mean this....

hmm...... i'm actually ok with it :) Don't flame me can?

kEN9170
15-01-13, 21:39
ah, you mean this....

hmm...... i'm actually ok with it :) Don't flame me can?

Is more blue-ish on actual site.

jbtay
16-01-13, 06:41
It's wed, and I'm getting the blues, looked back at the showflat model pics and indeed there appears a tinge of blue but hardly perceptible. That's why impression to most has been that its white. Suppose need to wait for the final product when all are painted n the windows protective film removed.

kEN9170
16-01-13, 07:35
It's wed, and I'm getting the blues, looked back at the showflat model pics and indeed there appears a tinge of blue but hardly perceptible. That's why impression to most has been that its white. Suppose need to wait for the final product when all are painted n the windows protective film removed.

Waterview has a very nice environment. No need to worry too much. It may turn out nicer than expected.

star
16-01-13, 07:42
Very unpleasant color indeed. It spoilt the outlook of the building.

Shadus
16-01-13, 08:17
Very unpleasant color indeed. It spoilt the outlook of the building.

I'm ok if the windows are transparent color. Anyone knows what color are the windows? I hope they're not tinted blue or grey.

jbtay
16-01-13, 09:06
I'm ok if the windows are transparent color. Anyone knows what color are the windows? I hope they're not tinted blue or grey.

It is tinted blue. :eek: :rolleyes: :confused: :scared-1:

Shadus
16-01-13, 09:11
Oh..haha.... well, what do me as a guy know about colour co-ordination then :p

They might as well restrict us to have blue day curtains for all the rooms.

RCT
16-01-13, 09:28
Your WV unit reservoir facing?

Why people like reservoir view? hahaha..

Shadus
16-01-13, 10:10

haha. I not sure but everyone seems to like so i like. My bro looking to buy a unit... so i asked :p

Sam88
16-01-13, 10:42
haha. I not sure but everyone seems to like so i like. My bro looking to buy a unit... so i asked :p

Reservoir view will never be blocked. Unlimited view.

cnud
16-01-13, 10:43

Good question. But same as why people like sea view, greenery view, city view.

Case of personal preference. But definitely nobody likes garbage, carpark, neighbour view..:tongue3:

East Lover
16-01-13, 10:48
Congrates to all FEC! Our be loved WV thread has turned to 5000 pages!

Congratulation for all of us the good buy
:cheers4: :cheers4: :cheers4:

East Lover
16-01-13, 11:01
Congrates to all FEC! Our be loved WV thread has turned to 5000 pages!

Congratulation for all of us the good buy
:cheers4: :cheers4: :cheers4:
Sorry,what I mean is more than 5000 posts! :D :D :D

Too happy, i blur like sotong hahaha :p :p :p

condolisa
16-01-13, 11:13
Sorry,what I mean is more than 5000 posts! :D :D :D

Too happy, i blur like sotong hahaha :p :p :p
Half of which came from you :D

Shadus
16-01-13, 11:18

haha. But thanks to eastlover for all the pics and updates earlier which kept the interest going!

East Lover
16-01-13, 11:18
:ashamed1: :ashamed1: :ashamed1:

kEN9170
16-01-13, 11:27
Sis East Lover, is the profile pic your 本尊? :D

East Lover
16-01-13, 11:59
Sis East Lover, is the profile pic your 本尊? :D

acidic.straw
16-01-13, 12:30

View of large expanse of water has calming and peacefull effect on the mind. Good for relaxation after hard day's work. Also unblocked view offers privacy from kaypoh neighbours :D :D

kEN9170
16-01-13, 12:43

美到.........

JohnDoe4
16-01-13, 13:32
View of large expanse of water has calming and peacefull effect on the mind. Good for relaxation after hard day's work. Also unblocked view offers privacy from kaypoh neighbours :D :D

I was a late buyer of WV...no reservoir view, took the "lake" view :-)

Everybody needs to know that WV's block layout is very spacious....no kaypoh neighbours :doh:

acidic.straw
16-01-13, 14:25
I was a late buyer of WV...no reservoir view, took the "lake" view :-)

Everybody needs to know that WV's block layout is very spacious....no kaypoh neighbours :doh:

Lakeview also unblocked. Lake and reservoir also body of water :) .
Spacious block layout is the strong point of WV :cheers4:

Sam88
16-01-13, 15:10
Lakeview also unblocked. Lake and reservoir also body of water :) .
Spacious block layout is the strong point of WV :cheers4:

Qbay premium stack face lake. they dont have any face reservoir.

acidic.straw
16-01-13, 15:17
Qbay premium stack face lake. they dont have any face reservoir.

They also don't have spacious block to block distance:D

atta
16-01-13, 16:13
Lol! I was a year late. Got qbay view. Haha. Anyway I dun really view outside. I stay inside most of the time. I just love the water theme n water spa gym or smthing like that. The space of the exterior coz I been to too many crampy developments. Lastly, I love kpe ESP when u know whr the camera is ... Oops..

payel
16-01-13, 21:13
ha ha ha..this one was ultimate.....:D & with in that 2500 posts 1250 was WIP photos...which we enjoyed through out the year......Thanks to u EL

East Lover
16-01-13, 21:22
ha ha ha..this one was ultimate.....:D & with in that 2500 posts 1250 was WIP photos...which we enjoyed through out the year......Thanks to u EL
U r welcome!

Ok I go to take more photos before I go oversea for CNY ~ let's see any progress after CNY :cheers5:

Some of blocks are painted in light blue already. Some are not so obvious some are.... Overall wv looks great!

My only concern is the adult pool seems not deep enough :cool: anyone still remember the spec? I see the workers working there, half height only leh...

acidic.straw
16-01-13, 21:33
U r welcome!

Ok I go to take more photos before I go oversea for CNY ~ let's see any progress after CNY :cheers5:

Some of blocks are painted in light blue already. Some are not so obvious some are.... Overall wv looks great!

My only concern is the adult pool seems not deep enough :cool: anyone still remember the spec? I see the workers working there, half height only leh...

tink it's 1.2m deepest...nowadays no deeper than that else need lifeguard:(

East Lover
16-01-13, 21:47
Aiyoh, so sallow where got fun :doh:

Kengar
17-01-13, 07:50
Just spoke to Shirley, it is confirmed the external walls are slightly blue. She call it crystal blue to reflect the surrounding waters. :)

desquire
17-01-13, 08:15

I didn't know there are such standards...looks like we have two kiddies pool instead of the other being an adult one...:beats-me-man:

Just spoke to Shirley, it is confirmed the external walls are slightly blue. She call it crystal blue to reflect the surrounding waters. :)

Oh this is something really new. All the pictures either reflect white or it's just a tinge of 'blue' which can barely be seen in the image. Even the reporters mentioned 'white washed walls' in their write-ups.

Now the blue really reminds me of a hospital. Maybe it's just me!!!:tsk-tsk:

Anyway, Shirley seems to have already handed over most of WV dealings with Stephanie Toh. My emails are replied by Stephanie instead. :D

I was also informed that the TOP will be in the 4th Quarter. So early 2014 will be the best estimate for settling the dusts...;)

desquire
17-01-13, 09:24
"The condo’s walls will be washed white and have blue glass windows to reflect the water theme for the project.":scared-3:

Alamak now change of idea...:confused:

http://sgproptalk.blogspot.sg/2010/11/waterview-200-units-sold.html

East Lover
17-01-13, 09:30
not that bad lah... since the window is blue color, the light blue wall really not so awful as you think...

By the way, how is your QBay purchase? unit secured?

Remember to invite us to your house warming party in the Villa! :D :D :D

"The condo’s walls will be washed white and have blue glass windows to reflect the water theme for the project.":scared-3:

Alamak now change of idea...:confused:

http://sgproptalk.blogspot.sg/2010/11/waterview-200-units-sold.html

cnud
17-01-13, 10:02
Any chance the newly announced MRT lines to include Quarry?

East Lover
17-01-13, 10:20
got any chance???! i also wish!! :cheers5: :cheers5: :cheers5:

joycewangwen
17-01-13, 10:39

where is the news from?

cnud
17-01-13, 10:42
http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/singaporelocalnews/view/1248455/1/.html

joycewangwen
17-01-13, 10:57
http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/singaporelocalnews/view/1248455/1/.html

seems not near to waterview leh

desquire
17-01-13, 11:10
not that bad lah... since the window is blue color, the light blue wall really not so awful as you think...

By the way, how is your QBay purchase? unit secured?

Remember to invite us to your house warming party in the Villa! :D :D :D

Wah sis don't suan me until like this la... hahahahah!:p :D :p :D :p :D

I guess I will hv to stay put at WV. Waiting time too long. Maybe buy after stay in WV and review again after a few years. Maybe can hop after that and invite you to the charming villa!! Nice lah sis really. i still like it soo much!!

Tomorrow then select unit. We still torn into pieces. all family members like so quiet. no decisions made. Hanging in the air. :eek:

desquire
17-01-13, 11:11

No chance la... we have water already and a view, still want MRT? That one must buy Manhattan lah...:scared-2:

Kengar
17-01-13, 11:29
Bro in my personal view if unsure it is probably best to sit out and wait. Cos you are already guaranteed an existing HDB and an option to move to WV at year end. There would be new opportunities in future for other places to choose from, or u might strike lottery and upgrade to better locations.

My immediate concern is all the legal and cash flow financing to juggle with selling WV and buying QBay.

Just my 2cents worth from a risk adverse accountant point of view. Hee

Wah sis don't suan me until like this la... hahahahah!:p :D :p :D :p :D

I guess I will hv to stay put at WV. Waiting time too long. Maybe buy after stay in WV and review again after a few years. Maybe can hop after that and invite you to the charming villa!! Nice lah sis really. i still like it soo much!!

Tomorrow then select unit. We still torn into pieces. all family members like so quiet. no decisions made. Hanging in the air. :eek:

desquire
17-01-13, 11:49
Bro in my personal view if unsure it is probably best to sit out and wait. Cos you are already guaranteed an existing HDB and an option to move to WV at year end. There would be new opportunities in future for other places to choose from, or u might strike lottery and upgrade to better locations.

My immediate concern is all the legal and cash flow financing to juggle with selling WV and buying QBay.

Just my 2cents worth from a risk adverse accountant point of view. Hee

Bro you are definitely very right about this. I hv mixed feelings. Things will get rather complicated selling and buying at the same time unless my parents willing to sacrifice their HDB. For now, putting their age into careful consideration, they're not about to do that anytime soon.:tsk-tsk:

For now, I guess I just sit on the fence and see what will happen as each and every single day unfold...:beats-me-man:

Things are also getting so expensive, especially our daily basic needs like food, housing, transport and not forgetting medical fee. So maybe now come back to the blue hospital and stop dreaming about the fascinating villa.:scared-3: :scared-3: :scared-3:

zeamybro
17-01-13, 12:37
Bro you are definitely very right about this. I hv mixed feelings. Things will get rather complicated selling and buying at the same time unless my parents willing to sacrifice their HDB. For now, putting their age into careful consideration, they're not about to do that anytime soon.:tsk-tsk:

For now, I guess I just sit on the fence and see what will happen as each and every single day unfold...:beats-me-man:

Things are also getting so expensive, especially our daily basic needs like food, housing, transport and not forgetting medical fee. So maybe now come back to the blue hospital and stop dreaming about the fascinating villa.:scared-3: :scared-3: :scared-3:

Bro, you can really write very well, very expressive ...... Are you an english teacher?

bakasa2002
17-01-13, 12:39
Wah, I am not sure where the line in Loyang is gonna be but the PI, PO, HP guys are going to be lucky if it end up anywhere near them! :)

desquire
17-01-13, 12:50
Bro, you can really write very well, very expressive ...... Are you an english teacher?
Indeed I am but my English not that fantastic la bro. Just basic like everyone else. :D

East Lover
17-01-13, 13:10

Really no chance hah? at least near UWC? WV can say near 2 MRT (but all not walk-in hahaha) :D

Can anyone write to URA, to ask them make a stop at Quarry park??? :cheers1:
http://www.channelnewsasia.com/components/display_image.php?id=525076http://www.channelnewsasia.com/components/display_image.php?id=525077

Shadus
17-01-13, 13:29
You all can laugh at me but I always have a ridiculous idea. Coming from the fact that tampines have lots of "straight" paths, why can't they build covered travellators. Imagine travellator from the TP all the way to Tampines West MRT....

zeamybro
17-01-13, 13:41
Qbay agents already made a ridiculous statement... they say Qbay would have free shuttle service for 1 yr, which is as good as having MRT at your door-step.... YAWNZ big time...

East Lover
17-01-13, 13:43
You all can laugh at me but I always have a ridiculous idea. Coming from the fact that tampines have lots of "straight" paths, why can't they build covered travellators. Imagine travellator from the TP all the way to Tampines West MRT....
its a good idea! i remember some FEC also explored this idea before, something like Citylink from cityhall to suntec city...

maybe we can write to LTA or URA...

why not?

Also, I'm thinking of proposing a LRT to link Tampines, Pasir Ris and Simei together. so we can have reservior, quarry, IKEA/Giant, Tampines region center, pasir ris beach and simei (industray park and cgh), union as a whole! :spliff: :spliff: :spliff:

East Lover
17-01-13, 14:05
Indeed I am but my English not that fantastic la bro. Just basic like everyone else. :D
bro, your english is so powrful, can help to write to URA? to propose them combine the reserviror with quarry, and bring the ave 10 to underground? :p so your qbay will be huat also :D :D

Also, to the benefit of tampines and singaporean, URA should consider to open a station in quary park, so they can save a lot of money to build new waterfront park! they can fully utilize what we already have, instead of spending $$$ to create new parks.

also, to the best, convince them to convert the loogaon to a nice river :ashamed1: :ashamed1: :ashamed1: so all the condo from aqbp, to tropica and wv will huat!!

bro desquire, you are hereby appointed as our Tampinese Spearker!!!

zeamybro
17-01-13, 14:09
Then i also propose erecting a statue of EL sis at the WV/Qbay traffic junction...as the Lady of Tampines... for making all these dreams comes true :D

JohnDoe4
17-01-13, 15:11

I was also informed that the TOP will be in the 4th Quarter. So early 2014 will be the best estimate for settling the dusts...;)

Wah lau eh, sianz (half). Keep hearing this Top Q4....very sad. I WANT to move in before X'mas.
:cheers6:

acidic.straw
17-01-13, 15:29
Wah lau eh, sianz (half). Keep hearing this Top Q4....very sad. I WANT to move in before X'mas.
:cheers6:

There is still hope....those who know dare not tell..those who don't know anyhow tell :D

desquire
17-01-13, 15:53
Then i also propose erecting a statue of EL sis at the WV/Qbay traffic junction...as the Lady of Tampines... for making all these dreams comes true :D
I will elect for the erection of the Statue Of Eastlover at the junction of Tampines Aveneue 10!:D

Most powerful woman of the East and Tampines. Steady pom pi pi. :p

Kengar
17-01-13, 21:29
Looks like we are always the 2 in 10 in Singapore who won't get a 10-min walk to MRT. Haha :banghead:

Really no chance hah? at least near UWC? WV can say near 2 MRT (but all not walk-in hahaha) :D

Can anyone write to URA, to ask them make a stop at Quarry park??? :cheers1:
http://www.channelnewsasia.com/components/display_image.php?id=525076http://www.channelnewsasia.com/components/display_image.php?id=525077

zeamybro
17-01-13, 21:46
Looks like we are always the 2 in 10 in Singapore who won't get a 10-min walk to MRT. Haha :banghead:

Kengar, it makes WV more valuable!

You get mrt stations everywhere, so it becomes a no big deal thingie, but you don't get to be near nature reserves easily in sg .... WV would be a rare gem and the reservoir park would be a selling point

East Lover
17-01-13, 22:15

You get mrt stations everywhere, so it becomes a no big deal thingie, but you don't get to be near nature reserves easily in sg .... WV would be a rare gem and the reservoir park would be a selling point
My bro, I agree with u! WV will be the rare gem in the near future :cheers4: :cheers4: :cheers4:

zeamybro
17-01-13, 22:17
My bro, I agree with u! WV will be the rare gem in the near future :cheers4: :cheers4: :cheers4:

Yaaaaa, and the East Lover statue would be a prominent landmark in sg.... the most powerful woman in the east!

East Lover
17-01-13, 22:21
Yaaaaa, and the East Lover statue would be a prominent landmark in sg.... the most powerful woman in the east!
Nottttttyyyyy!!

Rosy
17-01-13, 22:25

Waterfront collection would be better with both mrt and nature reserves?

zeamybro
17-01-13, 22:42
Waterfront collection would be better with both mrt and nature reserves?

Eh not really in my opinion .. :ashamed1:

teck
17-01-13, 23:13
Qbay agents already made a ridiculous statement... they say Qbay would have free shuttle service for 1 yr, which is as good as having MRT at your door-step.... YAWNZ big time...

haha..... if i am not wrong SL also providing shuttle service for 1 yr for WV.:ashamed1:

can i check if anyone knows that the back balcony or yard, is it facing the back balcony of your opposite unit or its facing the (bed room) wall of your opposite unit? From what i can remember, its facing the wall....

minami-san
17-01-13, 23:15
Nottttttyyyyy!! Sis, if you decide to run for the next GE, you can be assured of FEC's votes :cheers6:

acidic.straw
18-01-13, 06:49
haha..... if i am not wrong SL also providing shuttle service for 1 yr for WV.:ashamed1:

can i check if anyone knows that the back balcony or yard, is it facing the back balcony of your opposite unit or its facing the (bed room) wall of your opposite unit? From what i can remember, its facing the wall....

facing back balcony....back to back

Shadus
18-01-13, 09:06

Means neighbours can chit chat & hang/iron clothes?

azeoprop
18-01-13, 09:10
Means neighbours can chit chat & hang/iron clothes?

More like maids chit chatting with each other while hanging/ironing clothes :rolleyes:

East Lover
18-01-13, 09:12
Sis, if you decide to run for the next GE, you can be assured of FEC's votes :cheers6:
haha i must work harder for FEC! :cheers5:

East Lover
18-01-13, 09:14
depends on the unit? mine is facing the wall & aircond ledge of 2-bedder unit. their laundry yard is facing west, so my maid may not have chance to chit chat there hahahaha :D

East Lover
18-01-13, 09:15
Eh not really in my opinion .. :ashamed1:
my bro! :cheers4: :cheers4: :cheers4:

zeamybro
18-01-13, 09:47
my bro! :cheers4: :cheers4: :cheers4:

Sis, not nice for me to shoot down other ppl's project, cos there should be merits there which i cant appreciate. But what i can share is why i think WV is a gem.

IMHO, the greatest beauty of being close to the Bedok Reservoir is not about being able to see the pool of water (some gurus have described as dead & still water), but rather, what appeals most to me is being close to the greeneries .... breathing in the invigorating fresh air and negative ions :)

If you take a look at this map, you will see that the greeneries are not evenly distributed along the perimeter of the reservoir. Tropica/WV enjoys the luxury of being nested in the thick greeneries along the northern banks of the reservoir. Somemore, there is no noisy road that separates them apart.

On the other side, its just a thin strip of greenery belt directly next to the busy road. During your next visit, try standing at the different spots of the reservoir parks. You will feel the difference.

** Note that i am just comparing in terms of the tranquility of being truely close to the nature **

http://i48.tinypic.com/2vaobvq.jpg

atta
18-01-13, 11:18
Woah qbay so hot.... 1bedders almost sold out... Or already sold out Liao..
Psf looks decent. Only ABSD nia.. All in... Still quite gd the price. Got my one bedder at 1074 Psf . :)

desquire
18-01-13, 11:23
Psf looks decent. Only ABSD nia.. All in... Still quite gd the price. Got my one bedder at 1074 Psf . :)
Congrats bro. Beautiful place. Even the 3 and 4 bedroom Dual key almost all gone. :hell-hath-no-fury:

atta
18-01-13, 11:38
Congrats bro. Beautiful place. Even the 3 and 4 bedroom Dual key almost all gone. :hell-hath-no-fury:

Did u manage to get one? I can say hi to my mum from wv already. So happy. Haha

desquire
18-01-13, 12:21
Did u manage to get one? I can say hi to my mum from wv already. So happy. Haha
After much thoughts and careful consideration we hv decided to stay put and see what happens next. Nevertheless, it's a nice home there really.

They really selling like hot cakes be it cooling measures or not. While its so hot at Q Bay, over at WV, its cool. i just drove past. The air con compressors are all in place. Ready to do interior and all. My block still crawling though. :D

East Lover
18-01-13, 13:04
My bro, I like you analysis! many didn't think from this angel. good post indeed! :cheers4:

Sis, not nice for me to shoot down other ppl's project, cos there should be merits there which i cant appreciate. But what i can share is why i think WV is a gem.

IMHO, the greatest beauty of being close to the Bedok Reservoir is not about being able to see the pool of water (some gurus have described as dead & still water), but rather, what appeals most to me is being close to the greeneries .... breathing in the invigorating fresh air and negative ions :)

If you take a look at this map, you will see that the greeneries are not evenly distributed along the perimeter of the reservoir. Tropica/WV enjoys the luxury of being nested in the thick greeneries along the northern banks of the reservoir. Somemore, there is no noisy road that separates them apart.

On the other side, its just a thin strip of greenery belt directly next to the busy road. During your next visit, try standing at the different spots of the reservoir parks. You will feel the difference.

** Note that i am just comparing in terms of the tranquility of being truely close to the nature **

http://i48.tinypic.com/2vaobvq.jpg

East Lover
18-01-13, 13:13
Atta, so you bought for your mum's own stay? congrates! :cheers4:

East Lover
18-01-13, 13:14
After much thoughts and careful consideration we hv decided to stay put and see what happens next. Nevertheless, it's a nice home there really.

They really selling like hot cakes be it cooling measures or not. While its so hot at Q Bay, over at WV, its cool. i just drove past. The air con compressors are all in place. Ready to do interior and all. My block still crawling though. :D
bro, welcome back to our FEC :cheers5: :cheers5: :cheers5:

Next time we go QQ villa via atta :D :D :D

atta
18-01-13, 14:27
Atta, so you bought for your mum's own stay? congrates! :cheers4:

Yes yes!! My sis bought stack 27 n I bought stack 44. Mum at qbay coz wv no one bedder. She's staying alone. So we live happily ever after. Haha!!!

atta
18-01-13, 14:29
My bro, I like you analysis! many didn't think from this angel. good post indeed! :cheers4:

I totally agree. Thou it took me awhile to find whr wv is.. Lol. Not gd with maps..

zeamybro
18-01-13, 14:36
Yes yes!! My sis bought stack 27 n I bought stack 44. Mum at qbay coz wv no one bedder. She's staying alone. So we live happily ever after. Haha!!!

Wow feel happy for you and your family.. congrats on your new purchase today!

East Lover
18-01-13, 14:47
wow, that's great! feel happy for your happy family! you can even say hi to your mum from your stack 44 to her Qbay unit if hers is tampines ave 1 facing... :D

恭喜恭喜:cheers4:

atta
18-01-13, 14:52
Thanks bros n sis! This is so far the friendliest forum ever. :) I hv so many friendly neighbours !! :p

desquire
18-01-13, 17:10
Thanks bros n sis! This is so far the friendliest forum ever. :) I hv so many friendly neighbours !! :p
I'm so excited for you too. Such s nice feeling isn't it? Reunited when you least expect it.

We're all very friendly lah. Lucky Sis Eastlover Welcome me back. Hahaha. Else I hv to sleep outside Caltex already. Anytime free we all can meet up and supper at a Simpang! :D

East Lover
18-01-13, 18:32
I'm so excited for you too. Such s nice feeling isn't it? Reunited when you least expect it.

We're all very friendly lah. Lucky Sis Eastlover Welcome me back. Hahaha. Else I hv to sleep outside Caltex already. Anytime free we all can meet up and supper at a Simpang! :D
Hahaha bro desquire, welcome welcome :cheers5: :cheers5: :cheers5:

Stevie
18-01-13, 18:49

Congratz !!!
Happy for you. I am in a position now almost the same as you , thou time is not my fren now.. need to relocate this year :(

thechoi
20-01-13, 10:40
My hubby says that the light blue paint make waterview look like hospital....is it really that ugly?:eek:

kEN9170
20-01-13, 11:10
My hubby says that the light blue paint make waterview look like hospital....is it really that ugly?:eek:

Looks "unique" beside The Tropica.:rolleyes:

desquire
20-01-13, 11:47
I'm not the only one who thinks that way. Somehow somewhere WV really looks like a hospital from afar. White will definitely be a better option. NEW private hospital along Tampines Avenue 10. Grrrr.....:scared-3:

Eastguy
20-01-13, 12:06
Hi Guys

Progress looks pretty slow from Tropica block 65.

Sis - Any progress from ur side?

Attached are pictures taken on 19 Jan 13 from Tropica block 65.

Cheers

zeamybro
20-01-13, 14:53
http://i46.tinypic.com/t8rl74.jpg

http://i46.tinypic.com/17cz5u.jpg

http://i49.tinypic.com/t9y6th.jpg

Kengar
20-01-13, 15:55
It is a new "private" hospital with water views! How's that? HahA :D

I'm not the only one who thinks that way. Somehow somewhere WV really looks like a hospital from afar. White will definitely be a better option. NEW private hospital along Tampines Avenue 10. Grrrr.....:scared-3:

East Lover
20-01-13, 15:59
My bro, thanks!

The blue+green mixed color look a bit ugly during a raining day.... :scared-4:

Bro Kengar, desquire, can u please use your powerful English to convince SL to paint back to white wash color??

Thank u in advance! :cheers5:

kEN9170
20-01-13, 16:19
My friend wrote in for colour changed. Reply was the architecture has chosen the blue-ish theme to allow it to stand out amongst the neighbouring developments. :eek:

My bro, thanks!

Bro Kengar, desquire, can u please use your powerful English to convince SL to paint back to white wash color??

Sam88
20-01-13, 16:44
which hospital is blue:confused:

this looks like waterside.

leesg123
20-01-13, 16:49
blue is quite nice wat, some more reflect its name 'waterview' well.

desquire
20-01-13, 17:22

Hmmm. Good question indeed. It somehow just look like a hospital. An A-Class hospital with condo facilities. To destress, detox and devour@the pte balcony. Something very wrong about the colour.

Although as mentioned that it was a choice of the architect, there's little that we can do about it lest like 90% of us is against it.

None of the hospitals are in light shade of baby blue but the hospital thing just flash in my mind endlessly when the topic come to mind. I wonder why also. Really poor sense of colour and shade. What to do. That's why WV is meat for the older generations to retire. Hahaha.

People always quote the area as Ulu Tampines but its a gem in the making. Else, qBay will not be selling like hy the hot piping nasi lemak. MRT or no MRT, every development has its own pull. We over at WV hv free ambulance. Can run through the worst congestion in minutes. No ERP charge plus private driver. :)

Kengar
20-01-13, 17:36
Hmm bluish paint with greenish blue tint windows and white window frames... I cannot picture this yet but I pray it looks okay at end of day.

Did u guys notice the DBSS Premier At Tampines? The beige colour looks super worn down. I am concerned in long run our hospital blue will get worse.

My bro, thanks!

Kengar
20-01-13, 17:39
I think we concur hospital blue becos of this logo. Haha

East Lover
20-01-13, 17:40
Bro desquire, please use your beautiful English to convince SL again! If still have no answer, help to draft more, we will send to SL one by one...

Blue is ok, but this blue looks a bit dirty during raining day leh :(

Hmmm. Good question indeed. It somehow just look like a hospital. An A-Class hospital with condo facilities. To destress, detox and devour@the pte balcony. Something very wrong about the colour.

Although as mentioned that it was a choice of the architect, there's little that we can do about it lest like 90% of us is against it.

None of the hospitals are in light shade of baby blue but the hospital thing just flash in my mind endlessly when the topic come to mind. I wonder why also. Really poor sense of colour and shade. What to do. That's why WV is meat for the older generations to retire. Hahaha.

People always quote the area as Ulu Tampines but its a gem in the making. Else, qBay will not be selling like hy the hot piping nasi lemak. MRT or no MRT, every development has its own pull. We over at WV hv free ambulance. Can run through the worst congestion in minutes. No ERP charge plus private driver. :)

East Lover
20-01-13, 17:41
No wonder!! :o :o :o

I think we concur hospital blue becos of this logo. Haha

thechoi
20-01-13, 17:42

Changi hospital?

star
20-01-13, 18:51

Oh my goodness, it looks weird and old. Blue is not a nice colour. I got a shock when i viewed the pics. Better colour will be white, grey, brown.

Stevie
20-01-13, 19:14
Oh my goodness, it looks weird and old. Blue is not a nice colour. I got a shock when i viewed the pics. Better colour will be white, grey, brown.

Is there a protective film on the glass ? Maybe it wont look so blue when its "peel" off. Still...:doh:

I wonder if it will have some " 金木水火土" issues...
Too much 水 for some ??

desquire
20-01-13, 19:59
Bro desquire, please use your beautiful English to convince SL again! If still have no answer, help to draft more, we will send to SL one by one...

Blue is ok, but this blue looks a bit dirty during raining day leh :(
Hahahahahaha. If I am to draft an open letter to them they will be more confused than convinced. I really wanna laugh. We bought a condo but end up buying a hospital. :scared-1:

zeamybro
20-01-13, 20:07
Hahahahahaha. If I am to draft an open letter to them they will be more confused than convinced. I really wanna laugh. We bought a condo but end up buying a hospital. :scared-1:

From the showflat model, it does look white.... Did SL change the colour subsequently?

http://forums.condosingapore.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=5158&d=1358301991

desquire
20-01-13, 20:24
From the showflat model, it does look white.... Did SL change the colour subsequently?

http://forums.condosingapore.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=5158&d=1358301991
It has always been a white with blue tinted windows. It's like a marketing gimmick.

I had this once at Burger King. Bought a rendang burger on promotion. When I unwrapped it, I discovered that one of the meat patty was missing-promotional posters and television showed two pieces of meat patty. Smiling, I walked over to the counter, highlighted the issue to one of their service staff and to my horror, this was what I was told, "Sir, look closely. It's the sauce and not meat patty in the poster which was resting on the counter."

I gulped and walked back. Instead of salivating over my long awaited burger, my saliva sprinted through my gullet. What I saw was just an imagination. Maybe I'm mad. Maybe I'm crazy. Eyes do play tricks on us but this is daylight robbery.

One of my friends ordered a turkey the previous year for Chriatmas from Cold Storage. The picture showed a nicely roasted turkey but on the day she collected, her hair follicles smoked when sh discovered that the feast she ordered was uncooked!!! Goodness. With guests walking in, she only has herself to blame when there a small caption at the bottom of the promotional leaflet incicating that the animal will be uncooked upon collection. Really in small words. :scared-3:

This is the world we live in. Full of tricks to the trade. From a stand out white building with nicely blue tinted windows, we now have a bluish hospital with what appeared to be greenish monsters peeking out of the window frames. Goodness gracious. :scared-3: :scared-3:

God please save us Waterviewers. We wanted to view the waters but on the contrary, people see us as monsters peeking out of our hospitals. We have been checkmated!!! :scared-3: :scared-3: :scared-3:

condolisa
20-01-13, 20:30
Lol... So much drama over colour here;) :eek: :confused: :rolleyes: :cool: :scared-1:

zeamybro
20-01-13, 20:33
It has always been a white with blue tinted windows. It's like a marketing gimmick.

I had this once at Burger King. Bought a rendang burger on promotion. When I unwrapped it, I discovered that one of the meat patty was missing-promotional posters and television showed two pieces of meat patty. Smiling, I walked over to the counter, highlighted the issue to one of their service staff and to my horror, this was what I was told, "Sir, look closely. It's the sauce and not meat patty in the poster which was resting on the counter."

I gulped and walked back. Instead of salivating over my long awaited burger, my saliva sprinted through my gullet. What I saw was just an imagination. Maybe I'm mad. Maybe I'm crazy. Eyes do play tricks on us but this is daylight robbery.

One of my friends ordered a turkey the previous year for Chriatmas from Cold Storage. The picture showed a nicely roasted turkey but on the day she collected, her hair follicles smoked when sh discovered that the feast she ordered was uncooked!!! Goodness. With guests walking in, she only has herself to blame when there a small caption at the bottom of the promotional leaflet incicating that the animal will be uncooked upon collection. Really in small words. :scared-3:

This is the world we live in. Full of tricks to the trade. From a stand out white building with nicely blue tinted windows, we now have a bluish hospital with what appeared to be greenish monsters peeking out of the window frames. Goodness gracious. :scared-3: :scared-3:

God please save us Waterviewers. We wanted to view the waters but on the contrary, people see us as monsters peeking out of our hospitals. We have been checkmated!!! :scared-3: :scared-3: :scared-3:

LOL ... I really enjoy reading your writings albeit the contents were a bit depressing for waterviewers. You must post more so that I could read and brush up my English. You could express so well and your writings are always so graphical!

Personally I thought the original white looks much better but unfortunately its just the foundation. Not to worry so much, the end product may turn out to be better than most of you could imagined.

I remember Tropica was peach in colour in the earlier years and was not very pleasing to the eyes. However, it has since been repainted in beige and brown tones which I find really v nice now.

acidic.straw
20-01-13, 20:42
This is a strange thread. From past posts, I noted that most of the forumners here are also vested in waterview, either as investors or future residents.

Yet, because of a color scheme (that in my opinion is not bad), you have these same forumners and owners denigrating and criticising their own estate. If the intent is to get the developers to change the color, then it has failed miserably. But it will certainly put off potential buyers in the secondary market and will only help bring down the price of an otherwise fine estate with a unique and spectacular and unblocked view.

If I were vested in a development, I would certainly be careful in what I say of it in a very public forum such as this. But if the intent is really to bring down the price, please don't let me stop you. I don't mind getting one with a view even if the walls are blue:D

atta
20-01-13, 21:29
Nvm la.. I still love my wv no matter what ! It's definitely a gem... That's why hv all bought it. Think no one will hope for own house to depreciate ba..

Anyways progress really slowed down a little. Still hopeful for Q4?? Dev still yet to ask for further drawdown !!!

Which stage should it be now?

Justin3
20-01-13, 21:38
Dear all waterviewer, the color is definitely not the one shown in the model. What shall we do? Write to our lawer?

Ms Agnoy
21-01-13, 06:04

Hi there, I also got a unit in WV. Very disappointed when I saw the second coat of the paint is more of Green, not even crystal blue. The paint color makes the whole project looks Old. I really wonder whether did the Architect used those blocks of HDB opposite TP as inspiration for colors!! Are they trying to be uniform with those HDB?! I am not against HDB, but with the amount we paid, aren't our project suppose to look like a private condo? I have never seen any private condos in town or ECs in any districts were in such awful colors!!

During the showflat, the mock up of the external was white! The color should not deviate so much!!

I guess there is nothing much I can do now since have already got the unit. Seriously, kinda regret getting a private condo from a local developer! Will definitely be my last time getting a unit from local developer!!

Shadus
21-01-13, 07:37
Dear all waterviewer, the color is definitely not the one shown in the model. What shall we do? Write to our lawer?

I do believe the showroom model is blu-ish theme. Someone mention earlier with a photo as well.

Shadus
21-01-13, 07:38
No problem, can repaint whenever the resident committee feels like. Maybe yellow to reflect the sun this time :p.....

thechoi
21-01-13, 08:01
Waterview is for our own stay, we definately do not hope it look like a hosiptal , we can only now pray that the blue color will turn out gd when it is completed....I don't think SL will repaint the place . how much will it cost them to repaint whatever is painted. If it really turn out bad, think we have to stay in the 'hosiptal' for the time being and have it repainted at our own expenses in the future...

huddy
21-01-13, 08:15
really eye sore looking at the exterior wall color everyday I pass by ... nothing much can be done? :beats-me-man:

JohnDoe4
21-01-13, 08:20

Hello everyone.

It seems the "blue-ish" colour is taking on heat in this discussion.

I drove by yesterday...my immediate reaction was OMG! The disappointing feeling is like your child failed PSLE.

You have to see it for yourself during day time - the pictures may give you an idea, but when you see it in person, you will feel that you blew away a million dollars!

Worse of all, if you turn round the corner to the Caltex station, there ARE HDB blocks (Blk 892) painted blue-ish...almost the same as WV.

This is seriously bad and we really need to write in to SL to voice our displeasure.

The simple white with blue windows would have been sufficient.

forestfire
21-01-13, 08:32
Hi WV residents - don't react so fast.

Let the developer & architect team do their job. I don't believe that the arcitecture team has so bad taste as to paint the project with non matching colours or colours that shall show up as "bad taste."

SL will definitely be more concern for their condo developer image.
If it turns out to be as mentioned "so ugly" - no condo or HDB paint these colours - their image as a developer shall definitely be affected - they don't want buyers to say, "SL project - better not buy. They will paint the project with leftover paints."

The Architect will definitely protect himself, he won't want to become famous in singapore for painting Waterview with "chum par lan" colours.

Let's watch & see - there's still lots of time to change, if really necessary.

acidic.straw
21-01-13, 09:08

No point writing to lawyer. The brochures and model are just artists' impressions and not legally binding. What is binding is what is written in your S&P contract. I don't think you will find anything abt exterior wall colours.

Make use of people power. One way is to write COLLECTIVELY to the developer and persuade them to change the color. In parallel, you can also leverage the social media and start a Facebook page to ask for change. Encourage all waterviewers to endorse,'like' and give their comments. Direct the developers' attention to this page.

You have to do it the smart way. Whether you write or facebook, it is always good to keep a positive tone and not put down the development as that will be self-defeating :o

Ms Agnoy
21-01-13, 09:57
No point writing to lawyer. The brochures and model are just artists' impressions and not legally binding. What is binding is what is written in your S&P contract. I don't think you will find anything abt exterior wall colours.

Make use of people power. One way is to write COLLECTIVELY to the developer and persuade them to change the color. In parallel, you can also leverage the social media and start a Facebook page to ask for change. Encourage all waterviewers to endorse,'like' and give their comments. Direct the developers' attention to this page.

You have to do it the smart way. Whether you write or facebook, it is always good to keep a positive tone and not put down the development as that will be self-defeating :o

Have checked the OTP, nothing was mentioned on the exterior walls. Sigh..
I was indeed impressed by the DBSS in Simei (Parc Lumiere) done by SL but not this time round. :simmering:

I really doubt the developer or architect will change the color since they may have already placed the orders in bulks. Anyway, no harm trying using acidic.straw's suggestions. I am the first one to "Kee Chiew"!

Next question, who can help to start with the ball rolling?! My grammer is kinda limited. :ashamed1:

atta
21-01-13, 10:55

Is there a fb page?

acidic.straw
21-01-13, 12:50
Is there a fb page?

You have to create the page. Call it "Waterview - we want a change of color" :D. I'm sure you can find some IT savvy folks amongst the buyers in this forum.

Once created, invite everyone in this forum to Like it and share comments. This will be your leverage to get the developer to take action. All the best!

zannchen
21-01-13, 14:08
Saw the blue paint. Weird color they had choosen.

:doh: :doh:

zqg119
21-01-13, 14:47
Just pass by the WV, the light blue color :scared-1:

JohnDoe4
21-01-13, 14:56
When I first saw the blue, my immediate reaction was 'it's old fashioned" and naturally, the perception that it was likened to "HDB" colours.

Please don't get me wrong, we are not trying to beat down our own WV condo, but I believe we are all coming to some general consensus that the colour is off. All along, many of us believed it was "white walls" and "blue-tint windows".

As we were all used the model as a guide, we were led to believe it was white walls. Unless SL can show us some modeled photo of how the finished product will look, our perception will still be "HDB" like.

I found these photos that jogged my memory of what "old-fashioned" was. These images are taken from: http://remembersingapore.wordpress.com/2012/05/11/from-villages-to-flats-part-2/

All these HDB blocks were from late 60's to mid 70's

http://remembersingapore.files.wordpress.com/2012/05/bras-basah-flats1.jpg

http://remembersingapore.files.wordpress.com/2012/05/zion-road-blue-flats.jpg

http://remembersingapore.files.wordpress.com/2012/05/farrer-road-blue-hdb-flats.jpg

Kengar
21-01-13, 15:22
I just dropped an email to Shirley and she says she will bring the issue on the colour up to management. Cross our fingers.

Belac
21-01-13, 15:25
Just pass by the WV, the light blue color :scared-1:

I also just witnessed the blue painted wall .. so scary and ugly !:scared-5:

JohnDoe4
21-01-13, 15:28
I just dropped an email to Shirley and she says she will bring the issue on the colour up to management. Cross our fingers.

Thanks Kengar.

It would be great if SL can show us a pic of what the final product would look like and put all our "worries" to rest :sleep:

alvin heng
21-01-13, 18:22
hi guy is want to change the colour all must email to sim lian

East Lover
21-01-13, 18:53
Bro Kengar, thanks a lot!

Dear FEC, all of us pls write to SL to feedback our concern. I will follow bro Kengar :ashamed1:

joycewangwen
21-01-13, 19:39
Bro Kengar, thanks a lot!

Dear FEC, all of us pls write to SL to feedback our concern. I will follow bro Kengar :ashamed1:

Can some one has a good command of English write a template for me to copy paste and email?

desquire
21-01-13, 20:02
Guys, we need to sit back and relax while waiting for a favorable reply from the developer itself. Since Bro Kengar has already written to them, lets show some grace and see what their response is before taking further action and bombing them with emails. This can only cause further tension between two parties.

They should understand where we come from. What is reflected has been white all the while but surprisingly, what we see with our naked eyes is that of another colour.

There's never at any point in time a bluish building but white. Promotional posters, pamphlets, advertisements, showflat model and even the booklet given to us and many other form of media in print have reflected a paint white in colour.

Thankfully one of us pointed this out and an email has confirmed this. Initially, I saw the bluish but thought it was an undercoat. Lets be calm and see what the outcome is on their part.

Let's be nice and not make another unhappy party. Agitation can lead to a negative outcome. I'm sure Sim Lian will agree that the building shoul be in white an not otherwise. :D

jbtay
21-01-13, 20:11
I have just sent Shirley (Sim Lian) the following:

"Some owners of apartment units in Waterview have expressed concerns regarding the colour scheme of the condo's external walls.
We have noticed that some walls are painted in a dull light blue colour. We understand from Stephanie Toh that this is "crystal blue" We did not notice this in the showflat models which appear to be all white.
Of course, we cannot at this moment fully visualize how the final product would look like. I am aware that colours on plastic models and even on posters and computer graphics may look a little different from the actual thing. We would like to request if the Architect can take another look and be convinced that the colour scheme would project Waterview in all its splendour and truly awake all our senses. At the moment, the exterior walls somehow is giving us the opposite effect.
Thank you."

Having said that, and looking back at SL Video Presentation, the walls do appear to be off-white with a very slight tinge of "blue". On video, it does appear "nice", but as I said, colours on paper, on video screens, on models can turn out to look different on actual walls. :cool::rolleyes::D

http://www.waterfrontliving.com.sg/waterview/?page_id=280

kEN9170
21-01-13, 20:12
WW showflat model is also all white. Final colour is Tribecca Beige with Dark Grey. Many wrote in to change colour but not successful. :beats-me-man:

Ms Agnoy
21-01-13, 21:47
WW showflat is also all white. Final colour is Tribecca Beige with Dark Grey. Many wrote in to change colour but not successful. :beats-me-man:

Oh dear, what can we do to prevent history happening in WV? My children also felt the colors look very awful and were anticipanting whether it was blue or green. They even commented the current project that we are residing now looks so much better than WV!!

Our new neighbour's villas and dual key units were kinda a big blow to some of owners especially for those who invested on WV. SL, please don't double the blow by continue with your so called crystal blue or green colors on the exterior walls.. White walls and blue tint windows is really good enough. Trendy and eye catching. At times, Simplicity can be a beauty.

My dear fellow neighnours, i am really lost now. Can some more please advise whether should we wait for SL to respond or should just write to The Straits Times forum to push for prompt replies? :beats-me-man: :banghead: :scared-4:

Sam88
21-01-13, 22:12
i think with all the negative post, investors of waterview better sell the units fast.:doh: :doh: :doh:

this thread very interesting, owners complain so openly in forum. should just write to straits time and announce. :doh: :doh: :doh:

desquire
21-01-13, 22:15
On a serious note, let's out it this way. There's nothing we can do about it. Consumer have bought and paid. One way is to sell. Another is to just accept the colour and move on. Sad but true. That's the way life is.. Sigh!:(

East Lover
21-01-13, 22:22
On a serious note, let's out it this way. There's nothing we can do about it. Consumer have bought and paid. One way is to sell. Another is to just accept the colour and move on. Sad but true. That's the way life is.. Sigh!:(
Bro desquire, u can write very good English, why not try yo convince SL like what we did, instead of giving up so fast so easily?? At least u can give a try right?

Nothing is cast in stone yet. U never try never know....

East Lover
21-01-13, 22:25
Oh dear, what can we do to prevent history happening in WV? My children also felt the colors look very awful and were anticipanting whether it was blue or green. They even commented the current project that we are residing now looks so much better than WV!!

Our new neighbour's villas and dual key units were kinda a big blow to some of owners especially for those who invested on WV. SL, please don't double the blow by continue with your so called crystal blue or green colors on the exterior walls.. White walls and blue tint windows is really good enough. Trendy and eye catching. At times, Simplicity can be a beauty.

My dear fellow neighnours, i am really lost now. Can some more please advise whether should we wait for SL to respond or should just write to The Straits Times forum to push for prompt replies? :beats-me-man: :banghead: :scared-4:
Just tell SL as you said, " White walls and blue tint windows is really good enough. Trendy and eye catching. At times, Simplicity can be a beauty."

No need to write to straits times lah... Developer can communicate one. Just add one more layer of white color, not so difficult right?

East Lover
21-01-13, 22:30
Regardless own stay or investment, we bought at very good price. Nobody will sell cheap now.

Sorry, whoever want to buy cheap cheap just because of open discussion of our own project, u have to wait long long.

i think with all the negative post, investors of waterview better sell the units fast.:doh: :doh: :doh:

this thread very interesting, owners complain so openly in forum. should just write to straits time and announce. :doh: :doh: :doh:

desquire
21-01-13, 22:44
Bro desquire, u can write very good English, why not try yo convince SL like what we did, instead of giving up so fast so easily?? At least u can give a try right?

Nothing is cast in stone yet. U never try never know....
Ok sis, I will try my best. No stone is carved but they are hard to break don't forget. Will try find some time write to Stephanie tomorrow. :D

I dont give up easily but things like these... The outcome is pretty obvious. Like our elections, much of a din is created by the people. Complains everywhere. Food, housing, medical and transport, our basic needs (like any other people from any other parts of this world) are almost unaffordable to many here now but they just have to bite the bullet and move on.

Else, we can just pack up and go. No one will pity us, many on the waiting list who can take over our place here in our home ground soil. That said I'm seriously skeptical on the outcome. Nevertheless, I will do my part in my effort to make SL rethink on their decision for us all. ;)

teck
21-01-13, 23:13

write to straits time? wont that be far worst than this?:D
anyway, i just hope SL rep will read these comments and have a "review" of the color choice....:ashamed1:

jc_star
22-01-13, 00:20
I was shocked to see and know that the baby-blue colour will stay on the wall and not just an under-coat! That is really not a classy and comforting colour scheme for condos. C'mon SL's Architect! You should have more sense than that! Don't joke! :doh: :doh: :doh:

Ms Agnoy
22-01-13, 07:15
write to straits time? wont that be far worst than this?:D
anyway, i just hope SL rep will read these comments and have a "review" of the color choice....:ashamed1:

Hi Folks, attracting the public or media by openingly commenting on the colors was never my intention. I am pretty sure some of SL personnels have already read the comments but no actions were taken.

The colors are really a turn off and I seriously doubt SL will change the colors. Change of colors will affect their P&L for this project and it's definitely a bad news to their shareholders.

But of cos, would love to see SL's management solving this color issue amicably without inviting the media to blow up this issue. :hell-hath-no-fury:

Btw, do you guys think CASE can handle for us?! Felt so cheated now! :tongue3:

MY FAMILY AND I ARE NOT LOOKING FORWARD TO MOVE INTO A HOSPITAL!!! :simmering: :simmering: :simmering: :simmering: :simmering:

Ms Agnoy
22-01-13, 07:30
Ok sis, I will try my best. No stone is carved but they are hard to break don't forget. Will try find some time write to Stephanie tomorrow. :D

I dont give up easily but things like these... The outcome is pretty obvious. Like our elections, much of a din is created by the people. Complains everywhere. Food, housing, medical and transport, our basic needs (like any other people from any other parts of this world) are almost unaffordable to many here now but they just have to bite the bullet and move on.

Else, we can just pack up and go. No one will pity us, many on the waiting list who can take over our place here in our home ground soil. That said I'm seriously skeptical on the outcome. Nevertheless, I will do my part in my effort to make SL rethink on their decision for us all. ;)

desquire, I am skeptical on the outcome as well. Please update us once you have got a respond from SL. :banghead: :banghead:

JohnDoe4
22-01-13, 09:07
Hi,

Let us not jump to any conclusion that our attempts will fail - If we never try, then we have failed.

What we are asking fair and reasonable - to review the colours or show us that this blue is going to be nice.

At the end of the day, if we do request for SL to change back to White, it is not far off as they are already painting the base coats in white.

We need to act fast before the other blocks are painted.

Barring that this reasonable request is not heeded by SL, then as owners, I am very sure we will not stand idle to just "LL" and accept this.

atta
22-01-13, 09:12
Lets all write in to the dev? No need powerful English !! More voices maybe they will take it more seriously.

Ms Agnoy
22-01-13, 09:29
Can we have Stephaine or Shirley email addresses? Or an email address of someone in SL that can make decision?

JohnDe4 is right, we need to act fast before the rest of the blocks are painted in that awful color. Our messages have to reach to the decision makers in SL ASAP.

East Lover
22-01-13, 10:36
Can we have Stephaine or Shirley email addresses? Or an email address of someone in SL that can make decision?

JohnDe4 is right, we need to act fast before the rest of the blocks are painted in that awful color. Our messages have to reach to the decision makers in SL ASAP.
[email protected]

East Lover
22-01-13, 10:45
Bro kengar even has their contact:

http://forums.condosingapore.com/showthread.php?p=246768&highlight=Simlian#post246768

Hi,

Let us not jump to any conclusion that our attempts will fail - If we never try, then we have failed.

What we are asking fair and reasonable - to review the colours or show us that this blue is going to be nice.

At the end of the day, if we do request for SL to change back to White, it is not far off as they are already painting the base coats in white.

We need to act fast before the other blocks are painted.

Barring that this reasonable request is not heeded by SL, then as owners, I am very sure we will not stand idle to just "LL" and accept this.

slcm06
22-01-13, 11:22
Hello future neighbours,

Sorry to switch topic abruptly. Just wanted to know if anyone here knows of a reliable contractor for installing network cables / face plates for home networking?

Sea Esta
22-01-13, 11:22
Sorry to all the vested owners. Not trying to pour cold water over the issue and I might be wrong here.

I believe the developer has ordered the paint in bulk from a vendor and it should all delivered to WV site now since they have started painting.

To change the colour may involved returning the paint to the vendor and change it to another colour. Might involved a lot of procedures, negotiation and even cost. It might even delay TOP date.

My advise is quickly write in to the developer to stop them. All WV owners who don't like the colour should do it immediately. Once it is painted past a tipping point (certain percentage of the whole project), it is impossible to change the colour anymore.

JohnDoe4
22-01-13, 11:28
Yup. I believe that's why there has been a sudden "heated" interested in the painting issue.

Sorry to all the vested owners. Not trying to pour cold water over the issue and I might be wrong here.

I believe the developer has ordered the paint in bulk from a vendor and it should all delivered to WV site now since they have started painting.

To change the colour may involved returning the paint to the vendor and change it to another colour. Might involved a lot of procedures, negotiation and even cost. It might even delay TOP date.

My advise is quickly write in to the developer to stop them. All WV owners who don't like the colour should do it immediately. Once it is painted past a tipping point (certain percentage of the whole project), it is impossible to change the colour anymore.

slcm06
22-01-13, 11:44
My experience has been that a condominium is repainted every few years. If SL refuses to switch paint colours, the paintwork may be refreshed anyway. That being said, even if we are successful with the petition, our condo may be in another colour scheme few years down the road.

Ms Agnoy
22-01-13, 12:31
My experience has been that a condominium is repainted every few years. If SL refuses to switch paint colours, the paintwork may be refreshed anyway. That being said, even if we are successful with the petition, our condo may be in another colour scheme few years down the road.

Thru my experience, the repainting in the few years will need owners to vote for the color scheme. Owners can still have a choice to keep or change the existing color scheme. :ashamed1:

jbtay
22-01-13, 12:40
AQbP does repainting of the external facade once in about every 5 yrs. Its a big ticket item. Not cheap. Funds taken out of sinking fund.:rolleyes:

Ms Agnoy
22-01-13, 13:06
AQbP does repainting of the external facade once in about every 5 yrs. Its a big ticket item. Not cheap. Funds taken out of sinking fund.:rolleyes:

Sinking Fees are paid owners every quarterly.. so no additional payment are required when the 5 years are up.

Denlim
22-01-13, 13:07
Lets all write in to the dev? No need powerful English !! More voices maybe they will take it more seriously.

Just dropped a short note to Shirley to express my "surprise" of the colour scheme chosen and sincerely hope that SL will reconsider to swithc it back to white.

Ms Agnoy
22-01-13, 13:14
Bro kengar even has their contact:

http://forums.condosingapore.com/showthread.php?p=246768&highlight=Simlian#post246768

Tried calling Shirley's DID but couldn't get thru. Anyway, I have just emailed her. Hopefully she will get back to us on the outcome ASAP. Feeling soooo helpless now.. :scared-3: :beats-me-man: :confused:

slcm06
22-01-13, 14:22
I have dropped an email to Shirley about this as well...

Noexit
22-01-13, 14:50
If I am not wrong, I think they stated clearly in the brouchure too that all plans and scales are subjected to as may approved by the relavant authories. I guess it will be hard to talk to the developer as they had finalise their decision. Agree it look awful but that SL standard as compare to their past project I think this so much better :doh:

Just dropped a short note to Shirley to express my "surprise" of the colour scheme chosen and sincerely hope that SL will reconsider to swithc it back to white.

East Lover
22-01-13, 14:51
I have dropped an email to Shirley about this as well...

I did send to Shirley also, but i haven't received reply from her, she did response promptly previously. Then I recall that some FEC said Shirley has handover WV project to another giri.

Can someone share this new girl's contact? thank you. we have to act fast, before SL finish the entire painting...

jbtay
22-01-13, 14:54
I did send to Shirley also, but i haven't received reply from her, she did response promptly previously. Then I recall that some FEC said Shirley has handover WV project to another giri.

Can someone share this new girl's contact? thank you. we have to act fast, before SL finish the entire painting...

Sis, its

Stephanie Toh <[email protected]>

East Lover
22-01-13, 15:35
Hi Mr Tay,

Thanks. I sent to Stephanie also. Hope SL can hear our voice and do something fast.

Sis, its

Stephanie Toh <[email protected]>

desquire
22-01-13, 15:49

Hehe. Our sugar candy Shirley has retired and make way for honey sweet Stephanie. Hehehe. Be patient a bit mah. I hv also squeezed in another mail into her inbox. She will have a crystal clear nightmare tonight. :D

Yuketen
22-01-13, 17:14
I have been diligently follow the thread on the apparent change in colour scheme for the facade of waterview development. Perhaps most may have forgotten that Sim Lian's higher management had themselves acquired prime units at Waterview (quite a few, I gathered)???? In this respect, is our concern (certainly mine too) unfounded, and that Sim Liam has self-enlightened or vested interest (however u like to call it) to ensure the facade really looks decent and not HDB-ish???

Just a thought which suddenly occurred to me.

East Lover
22-01-13, 17:17
Yes SL big bosses and family bought a few stack 9 units, and PH in block 77 as well.

however, i don't think they bought for own stay ;)

we just try our best to influence SL to do the right thing before it's too late...

I have been diligently follow the thread on the apparent change in colour scheme for the facade of waterview development. Perhaps most may have forgotten that Sim Lian's higher management had themselves acquired prime units at Sim Lian???? In this respect, is our concern (certainly mine too) unfounded, and that Sim Liam has self-enlightened or vested interest (however u like to call it) to ensure the facade really looks decent and not HDB-ish???

Just a thought which suddenly occurred to me.

Yuketen
22-01-13, 17:18
Yes SL big bosses and family bought a few stack 9 units, and PH in block 77 as well.

however, i don't think they bought for own stay ;)

we just try our best to influence SL to do the right thing before it's too late...

Wow that's lightning fast response mate...

desquire
22-01-13, 17:33
Wow that's lightning fast response mate...
Sis Eastlover very angry mah. Hehe. True. As long there's $ to be made, they will release their units. Definitely not for own stay. :tsk-tsk:

We have to face the blue until we turn green in envy. Anyway we shall see the blue daily till it flows in our blood. Hospital or no hospital also can la. :sleep:

Jbtay. Long time since we last heard from you. Must be enjoying your holiday trip.:D Kengar maybe out with Stephanie on a dinner date. Psycho psychology psychic. Wash her down and make the blue fade to white. :eek:

Yuketen
22-01-13, 17:41
Sis Eastlover very angry mah. Hehe. True. As long there's $ to be made, they will release their units. Definitely not for own stay. :tsk-tsk:

We have to face the blue until we turn green in envy. Anyway we shall see the blue daily till it flows in our blood. Hospital or no hospital also can la. :sleep:

Jbtay. Long time since we last heard from you. Must be enjoying your holiday trip.:D Kengar maybe out with Stephanie on a dinner date. Psycho psychology psychic. Wash her down and make the blue fade to white. :eek:

Desquire - fan of sigor ros???

desquire
22-01-13, 18:40
Desquire - fan of sigor ros???
I grew up listening to indie bands. Mainly Stone Roses (SR), Suede, Sigur Rós (SR) in that particular order. Life was at the peak when all the three bands performed here in the past two years, with Jonsi and friends being the bet if them all. It's like a dream come true after more than 20 years of waiting for them!! I guess we have the same interest in music. Managed to meet up with Brett, Matt and Neil of Suede when they were here too!! :)

I spent less than 5hrs a year staring at the television. No interest in watching. Just listening will be good enough. Heheh. So, finally bought Sim Lian Development (SL). My life is like a mould waiting for each and every one to be executed. Hahaha.

You must be a fan too!!! I miss Kjartan. Hope he hops over for the next gig! I get more excited when it comes to music than property!!:D :D :D

Sidetrack a bit lah. Relax after I'm covered with paint all over. Hahahah :p

minami-san
22-01-13, 20:19

Stephanie Toh
Tel: 6303 8498
Email: [email protected]

minami-san
22-01-13, 20:20
Since we have bought WV based on the "white" show model, would lemon law be applicable? on the grounds of misrepresentation? any FEC has knowledge in this?

desquire
22-01-13, 20:27
Since we have bought WV based on the "white" show model, would lemon law be applicable? on the grounds of misrepresentation? any FEC has knowledge in this?
If I'm not wrong the bitter lemon law was implemented only about a year ago. Unfortunately, this means that's its not valid then during the sweet cherry era. :D

Yuketen
22-01-13, 21:26
I grew up listening to indie bands. Mainly Stone Roses (SR), Suede, Sigur Rós (SR) in that particular order. Life was at the peak when all the three bands performed here in the past two years, with Jonsi and friends being the bet if them all. It's like a dream come true after more than 20 years of waiting for them!! I guess we have the same interest in music. Managed to meet up with Brett, Matt and Neil of Suede when they were here too!! :)

I spent less than 5hrs a year staring at the television. No interest in watching. Just listening will be good enough. Heheh. So, finally bought Sim Lian Development (SL). My life is like a mould waiting for each and every one to be executed. Hahaha.

You must be a fan too!!! I miss Kjartan. Hope he hops over for the next gig! I get more excited when it comes to music than property!!:D :D :D

Sidetrack a bit lah. Relax after I'm covered with paint all over. Hahahah :p

Glad there is another indie-phile in this forum! We should exchange records after TOP! Not really into post-rock though I bought their latest album...valtari...
Dig other bands like arcade fire, broken social scene, etc.... got the following spinning on my car audio... Polica, japandroid, the walkman, kid koala and lotus plaza...

Yes, music is my favourite and only pastime now (with 2 young kids, u can hardly have anytime to yourself)

If u like post-rock... Checkout "Godspeed u black emperor" ... Can hear the entire latest album on YouTube...

desquire
22-01-13, 22:41
Glad there is another indie-phile in this forum! We should exchange records after TOP! Not really into post-rock though I bought their latest album...valtari...
Dig other bands like arcade fire, broken social scene, etc.... got the following spinning on my car audio... Polica, japandroid, the walkman, kid koala and lotus plaza...

Yes, music is my favourite and only pastime now (with 2 young kids, u can hardly have anytime to yourself)

If u like post-rock... Checkout "Godspeed u black emperor" ... Can hear the entire latest album on YouTube...
Wow! You're a hardcore!! I was born and bred since the shoegaze era. Still dig into Cocteau Twins (Oh! How I miss Elizabeth's haunting voice), Slowdive, Mazzy Star, Galaxie 500, Love Spiral Downwards, The Sundays... The list is endless!!

With the wax melting the figures on my birthday cake I supposed Sigur Rós completes the the chapters. It's been on my playlist for the past year while driving and it softens my heart and a medicine to my ever stressful environment at work. Their ethereal music works to slow down things a little. The only one band the Icelandic people are proud of to claim their own.

Do check out their albums they are serious musicians and publicity is far from their sight. A music for all ages. Their u titled album ( ) is worth checking out. I can go on for months talking about them.

It's nice to know that there's another species of me out there. Already in extinction with One Direction leading the roads and Justin still snipping locks in his Barber shop. Gone are the days of good music. No Pet Shop Music makers, no Depeche Mode to walk the aisle and not even Madonna claiming a Vogue outlook on stage. The music industry has been mainstreamed. Even a reincarnation of Faye Wong is almost a lost cause..

We're the only ones left as the waves washed them all away. We're the Wild Ones, the only ones....:p

Shadus
22-01-13, 23:21
Lemon law does not cover real properties. Moreover, cases like this where it is more akin to preferences, is hard to proof defect. If we can proof defect, it is already covered by current agreement whereby the developer have to remedy it within 1 year if i remember correctly.

There was a case of condo in tampines where rain splashes in the common corridor area - which results it splashing on the doors of the apartments. Residents tried to proof defect but was unsuccessful but out of "goodwill", developer installed some ugly canopy on every alternate landing. It didn't help. Point is, it is quite difficult to proof defect.

jc_star
23-01-13, 06:32
We bought based on the model and advertising presentation. If the final aesthetics colour deviates so much from the advertising pictures.....this could be false advertising?! Not just one person finds it different, but many in here. Hope SL will leave the white-washed walls alone and give us a closer more representative final product.

East Lover
23-01-13, 08:16
Stephanie Toh

Thanks!

Did any FEC have reply from SL if you have written?

Shadus
23-01-13, 08:25
We bought based on the model and advertising presentation. If the final aesthetics colour deviates so much from the advertising pictures.....this could be false advertising?! Not just one person finds it different, but many in here. Hope SL will leave the white-washed walls alone and give us a closer more representative final product.

Yupz... misrepresentation.... collective will needed... so the more voices, the better.

East Lover
23-01-13, 08:34
Stephanie Toh
I called Stephanie on top of my email. She said SL management is reviewing this now, they will try to revert us by end of today or end of this week.

They are listening!!

Let's cross finger for the good news :cheers5:

East Lover
23-01-13, 08:35
Yupz... misrepresentation.... collective will needed... so the more voices, the better.
did you send email to SL? :D:D :D

zeamybro
23-01-13, 09:20
I called Stephanie on top of my email. She said SL management is reviewing this now, they will try to revert us by end of today or end of this week.

They are listening!!

Wow the most powerful woman of the East 出马 sure no problem.

Good luck to all WaterViewers.... glad to see all of you so united. It would be a great place to stay.

East Lover
23-01-13, 10:08
Wow the most powerful woman of the East 出马 sure no problem.

Good luck to all WaterViewers.... glad to see all of you so united. It would be a great place to stay.
my bro, thanks! :cheers4:

JohnDoe4
23-01-13, 10:25
Thanks EL,

Very good that you have some clout with SL - you must be a respected "customer" of SL.

Great work that all of us have come together for the common good of WV.

\

They are listening!!

Jaykj
23-01-13, 10:40
Wow! You're a hardcore!! I was born and bred since the shoegaze era. Still dig into Cocteau Twins (Oh! How I miss Elizabeth's haunting voice), Slowdive, Mazzy Star, Galaxie 500, Love Spiral Downwards, The Sundays... The list is endless!!

With the wax melting the figures on my birthday cake I supposed Sigur Rós completes the the chapters. It's been on my playlist for the past year while driving and it softens my heart and a medicine to my ever stressful environment at work. Their ethereal music works to slow down things a little. The only one band the Icelandic people are proud of to claim their own.

Do check out their albums they are serious musicians and publicity is far from their sight. A music for all ages. Their u titled album ( ) is worth checking out. I can go on for months talking about them.

It's nice to know that there's another species of me out there. Already in extinction with One Direction leading the roads and Justin still snipping locks in his Barber shop. Gone are the days of good music. No Pet Shop Music makers, no Depeche Mode to walk the aisle and not even Madonna claiming a Vogue outlook on stage. The music industry has been mainstreamed. Even a reincarnation of Faye Wong is almost a lost cause..

We're the only ones left as the waves washed them all away. We're the Wild Ones, the only ones....:p

WOW!! Cocteau Twins! And how about St.Etienne?? Remember? I'm not as hardcore as you guys but the mention of these bands brings back sweet memories of my JC days, Sony Discman, buying Vinyl records at Peace Centre......

desquire
23-01-13, 11:28
WOW!! Cocteau Twins! And how about St.Etienne?? Remember? I'm not as hardcore as you guys but the mention of these bands brings back sweet memories of my JC days, Sony Discman, buying Vinyl records at Peace Centre......

Yeah!! My Bloody Valentine too!!! Dada Records!!! hahahahahah!!! I like..:D

JohnDoe4
23-01-13, 11:58
Yeah!! My Bloody Valentine too!!! Dada Records!!! hahahahahah!!! I like..:D

Hahahaha. Don't forget Supreme Records at Centerpoint.

I still have over 500 pieces of LPs and 12"....nicely packed in boxes. Still waiting for that "huge" property to allow me to display them and open to listen on a record player :-)

Jaykj
23-01-13, 13:06
Hahahaha. Don't forget Supreme Records at Centerpoint.

I still have over 500 pieces of LPs and 12"....nicely packed in boxes. Still waiting for that "huge" property to allow me to display them and open to listen on a record player :-)

Before we get banned for OT in this thread, 1 last comment from me and that is really glad to be reminded of such fond memories....haha, Dada, Supreme Records, My Bloody Valentine....thx guys or gals!

Shadus
23-01-13, 13:23
oh gosh, what are all those places?

Jaykj
23-01-13, 13:31
oh gosh, what are all those places?

U mean, dada, supreme and my bloody valentine?

:)

1st 2 were popular CDs and Vinyl Record shops in the 80s-90s. Last 1 is the name of an Alternative Rock group from Dublin. That's why I say we OT from Waterview thread already :ashamed1:

desquire
23-01-13, 13:46
Before we get banned for OT in this thread, 1 last comment from me and that is really glad to be reminded of such fond memories....haha, Dada, Supreme Records, My Bloody Valentine....thx guys or gals!
We here members of FEC very friendly lah bro. No worries. Nice people talking about anything in life. People from all walks of life.

Wah I got so many kaki here. People who buy WV all got taste leh. Hahaha. Look at our big boss Eastlover. Queen of all trades. Hahahah.

Yeah!! Roxy Records also. The old Funan Building. Always got my stuffs ordered by Paul. Heeheh. The time when life in Singapore wasn't as much stressful as it is now. With with buddies like you and the while of FEC, we're gonna rock the reservoir!!:p

desquire
23-01-13, 13:55
U mean, dada, supreme and my bloody valentine?

:)

1st 2 were popular CDs and Vinyl Record shops in the 80s-90s. Last 1 is the name of an Alternative Rock group from Dublin. That's why I say we OT from Waterview thread already :ashamed1:
Hahahah. They are also residents to be at WV. While waiting for the clock to tick for the weekend, destress a bit mah. One day we shall organize a kopi session at Simpang Bedok. Can talk property and music in one tone. :sleep:

JohnDoe4
23-01-13, 13:58
If my failing memory is correct, Valentine's was at Parklane and not Peace Center.

Let's not forget the niche record store "Attic" which was neighbours to Supreme Records at Centerpoint....and Attic was last seen at Square2 but has since closed down.

No one's around anymore...left HMV dying a slow death.

We here members of FEC very friendly lah bro. No worries. Nice people talking about anything in life. People from all walks of life.

Wah I got so many kaki here. People who buy WV all got taste leh. Hahaha. Look at our big boss Eastlover. Queen of all trades. Hahahah.

Yeah!! Roxy Records also. The old Funan Building. Always got my stuffs ordered by Paul. Heeheh. The time when life in Singapore wasn't as much stressful as it is now. With with buddies like you and the while of FEC, we're gonna rock the reservoir!!:p

Jaykj
23-01-13, 14:44
Hahahah. They are also residents to be at WV. While waiting for the clock to tick for the weekend, destress a bit mah. One day we shall organize a kopi session at Simpang Bedok. Can talk property and music in one tone. :sleep:

Sure...but I only kaypoh in Waterview thread, not a resident here :ashamed1: Attracted to this area due to all the hype of Waterfront collections, then Waterview, then QBay.....

desquire
23-01-13, 14:47
Congratulations to Waterviewers including myself. As expected. The reply came in and like we should expect it too-negative response.

There's another bonus news! It's more amazing than Spiderman!! The final colour will be both in white and blue like what we see now!!! Argh!!. An Alien from outer space has landed. We're finished. :confused:

JohnDoe4
23-01-13, 14:49
can you share with us the official reply, please?

Congratulations to Waterviewers including myself. As expected. The reply came in and like we should expect it too-negative response.

There's another bonus news! It's more amazing than Spiderman!! The final colour will be both in white and blue like what we see now!!! Argh!!. An Alien from outer space has landed. We're finished. :confused:

jbtay
23-01-13, 14:56
Reply as attached pl.

zannchen
23-01-13, 14:58
Reply as attached pl.

I got the reply too. Crystal Blue....:doh: :doh: :doh:

Ms Agnoy
23-01-13, 14:59
Dear Folks..
Here's the reply.. haizz.. expected outcome.. :rolleyes:

jbtay
23-01-13, 15:11
Perhaps, the final overall look may be nice or at least ok.
Someone's reputation at stake here :D . Have to deliver or else everyone will
look :rolleyes: :confused: :eek: :( when we collect keys.
:sleep:

desquire
23-01-13, 15:12
I got the reply too. Crystal Blue....:doh: :doh: :doh:

If we read between the lines, they know that it was reflected as white all the while. White and nothing but white. Furthermore, you hit the jackpot and get an extra white diamond paint besides the crystal blue. Oh my!! How wrong can this go!:2cents:

desquire
23-01-13, 15:15
Perhaps, the final overall look may be nice or at least ok.
Someone's reputation at stake here :D . Have to deliver or else everyone will
look :rolleyes: :confused: :eek: :( when we collect keys.
:sleep:
Mass carbon copy email sent out minutes ago. Maybe I have a poor colour sense but a blue and white building is definitely a no no for me. Goodness gracious. What has become of this world?:confused:

chestnut
23-01-13, 15:30
I am very confused with all the issues on external paint. What I see is a gem in WaterView like what I saw in Clover by the Park.

Clover by the Park has a BIG PARK which is extended to out of the condo.

WaterView has a BIG PARK with RESERVOIR extended out of your condo. You huys are more interested in the paint than beauty of a reservoir and quarry view? With a VIEW many can only dream of????

Ok, I will lessen the pain for you guys... Who has a unit facing the reservoir will to let go to me.... Please do offer me at a reasonable price.... I BUY.

I understand your concerns but please look at the big picture.... You buy a sports car and you want it to sit 5 people or you looking at its sportiness.

I am very blur.... The end result is not out yet and all of you jump to a conclusion..... Please take a visit to Clover by the Park, Carabelle, Rochelle and you can have a look at what Sim Lian does. I really have to speak out because I also own a unit at WaterView.

Relax bros and sis, let the final result speak for itself... We still have 3 quarters to go. Dont get so hyped up. Have a beer:cheers4::cheers4::cheers4::cheers4::cheers4::cheers4::cheers4::cheers4::cheers4::cheers4:

Cheers

roly8
23-01-13, 15:36
complain is my hobby, mr nutnut. :D:D:D

Ms Agnoy
23-01-13, 15:43
Mass carbon copy email sent out minutes ago. Maybe I have a poor colour sense but a blue and white building is definitely a no no for me. Goodness gracious. What has become of this world?:confused:

Look at the row of executive mansionatte from Blk 892 to 893A opposite Caltex, that will be the colors WV be painted!! :scared-1: :scared-1: :scared-1:

Ms Agnoy
23-01-13, 15:50
I am very confused with all the issues on external paint. What I see is a gem in WaterView like what I saw in Clover by the Park.

WaterView has a BIG PARK with RESERVOIR extended out of your condo. You huys are more interested in the paint than beauty of a reservoir and quarry view? With a VIEW many can only dream of????

Ok, I will lessen the pain for you guys... Who has a unit facing the reservoir will to let go to me.... Please do offer me at a reasonable price.... I BUY.

I understand your concerns but please look at the big picture.... You buy a sports car and you want it to sit 5 people or you looking at its sportiness.

I am very blur.... The end result is not out yet and all of you jump to a conclusion..... Please take a visit to Clover by the Park, Carabelle, Rochelle and you can have a look at what Sim Lian does. I really have to speak out because I also own a unit at WaterView.

Relax bros and sis, let the final result speak for itself... We still have 3 quarters to go. Dont get so hyped up. Have a beer:cheers4::cheers4::cheers4::cheers4::cheers4::cheers4::cheers4::cheers4::cheers4::cheers4:

Cheers

Hey Chestnut,
Are you serious with your offer? My unit is pool view with Patio. I am ok to sell to you but you must absorb the bank penalty.

Seriously, i felt cheated. I bought the unit thru the leftover sales when I was at PARC VERA Launch. Thought WV looks better than PARC VERA. Now I am full of regrets!! Shouldn't trust SL!

desquire
23-01-13, 15:55

Cheers
Hi bro!! At final last you're back. Good to hear from you. Hehehe-it's takes a colour to bring you home.

Seriously bro, if I were to buy a GTR, it's definitely to be driven on the limited Singapore Roads. But if it were to be purple in colour. I will pass. No two ways about it. No second thoughts.

I'll get a white QQ and be a happier person than drive a purple GTR. What a poor taste in colour!!! Just my thoughts lah k. Heheh. :D

cnud
23-01-13, 15:59
Serious... Now bro chestnut challenged to an offer. Can save on agent fees leh. :D

slcm06
23-01-13, 16:10
I received the same attachment from Shirley a moment ago. While I'm not so hard up about having a white facade, the exchange between SL and DLA architect raises some questions:

- Apparently SL is aware that this is in fact a colour change but failed to inform the buyers. If today you buy a red sports car and the seller delivers a dark green car instead, how would you feel and act?

- What is SL trying to say by forwarding their architect's reason of colour choice? Is it that they can't do anything about it? Or that they don't want to do anything about it? Or that they are reassuring us the that we will not regret the change?

- Does this imply that SL can get away with any changes on the basis of aesthetics alone?

Anyway I'm cool about the crystal Blue. If not happy, we can all vote for another colour few years down the road, as I have mentioned. No big deal.

East Lover
23-01-13, 16:30
http://www.wallpaperpimper.com/wallpaper/Brand/Jewelry/Crystal-Blue-Rain-1-1280x1024.jpg

East Lover
23-01-13, 16:31
http://www.worldofstock.com/slides/TAN1062.jpg

East Lover
23-01-13, 16:32
http://media-cdn.tripadvisor.com/media/photo-s/01/08/8d/99/crystal-blue-water.jpg

JohnDoe4
23-01-13, 16:40
Hi all,

There may have been some posts to say that we may be A) over reacting or B) that we can vote to paint again in a couple of years.

A) Using the analogy of the car, I'd rather drive a red Ferrari than a light blue one. The context has to be put right.

B) If we repaint in a few years' time, it will be our cost and money taken from our sinking fund (if we have built up enough). If there's a "problem" now, it should be rectified now, sooner rather than later.

Now about the Architects response - i only read a generic reply to explain the choice of colour. It does not reassure me at all. They mentioned "...the decision was made after careful consideration on the latest trend and overall consistency to the colour scheme of a development located at the vicinity of Bedok Reservoir and Tampines Quarry Park"." The big question here is, did they do their ground work and actually walked the ground? Did they know there are HDB blocks with the same colour in the vicinity near Caltex station (Blk 891-893)?

The facts to-date is:

1) showflat model was white (we can all argue if there was a hint of blue in the white). But we all saw and perceived white.

2) some of us here are not happy about the choice of colours. Mind you, this is just us, maybe 20+ users. What if the rest of the 600+ owners find out about this? Will they object?

So, the situation today needs more discussion and possibly a meeting together with SL and DLA.

Jaykj
23-01-13, 16:45

Cheers

I agree with you but I can also understand the buyers angst. I remember when carabelle was first completed, it also had an awful color imo. My friend who bought it for investment had wanted to sell it soon after TOP but some buyers commented the place looked dated. After a few years now, I think they have repainted the facade and when I passed by it recently, I thot it looks much better now. So I told my friend, lucky Sim Lian painted an ugly color for you, cause you to sell later at a much higher profit :)

Unlike a car, where typically one cannot respray the color without a lost in value, a condo facade can. What's more important are the amenities and surrounding. Even the interior can be over-hualed if need be.

But having said that, I do find the current color a bit wierd. Seriously if can change or make noise, as buyer, that's the least you can do. Otherwise, you have to wait for either 2-5 years later to repaint it.

condolisa
23-01-13, 17:04
As an outsider, I have to agree that the colour blue on building is unattractive, what more blue tinted glass panes on blue wall! Where is the colour coordination:doh: And what colour trend are they talking about :confused:

chestnut
23-01-13, 17:35
I just received a mail from Sim Lian on my unit at Clover by the Park. Guess what. My unit was TOPed on August 2011 and they have asked me to fill up the final defect list and submit to them by 15 Feb 2013.

Wa... I was very :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

I am now getting my tenant to check for defects. Hahahahahaha

Throughout my purchases in condos, I have never come across this? Either the new MC is damn good or Sim Lian damn good. Either which way, Sim Lian agreed to rectification work. They did not need to do it. I do give credit to the new MC and Sim Lian.

I do believe with all the love you have for WaterView, we will see wonderful things.

As for offers, please let me know if you have reservoir views. Serious buyer here. And please dont quote me high price hor, I also member of WV.

:D:D:D:D:D

alvin heng
23-01-13, 17:59
where got people paint blue and the glass is blue ugly ugly

Shadus
23-01-13, 20:24
Are they going to do some stacks blue some stacks white? The reply seems to hint at that.....

East Lover
23-01-13, 21:15
The wp uniform is crystal blue? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Yuketen
23-01-13, 21:25

Wow... U guys are old Skool man.... Da da, supreme, roxy....

Allow me to indulge one more input: Smashing Pumpkins, Siamese Dreams!!!!!

desquire
23-01-13, 21:48
Wow... U guys are old Skool man.... Da da, supreme, roxy....

Allow me to indulge one more input: Smashing Pumpkins, Siamese Dreams!!!!!
Oh no!!! Don't!!! I'm a Soundarden die hard fan, Badmotorfinger!!! Pearl Jam, Mudhoney, Helmet. Gosh!!! Not forgetting the infamous Smiley Kurt Cobain's Nirvana. All apologies!!:scared-4:

desquire
23-01-13, 21:50
The wp uniform is crystal blue? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Sis Aljunied used to be PAP ward. So initially building white. Now WP take over so change to baby crystal blue. Haha. I got it now!! WV is WP gem in Aljunied!!:sleep:

Our questions and queries and doubts answered. :eek:

atta
23-01-13, 23:01
Hey Chestnut,
Are you serious with your offer? My unit is pool view with Patio. I am ok to sell to you but you must absorb the bank penalty.

Seriously, i felt cheated. I bought the unit thru the leftover sales when I was at PARC VERA Launch. Thought WV looks better than PARC VERA. Now I am full of regrets!! Shouldn't trust SL!

Wow... I wanted a reservoir view but was all sold out. Only left with "forest" view. Now the "forest" view will become "construction" view for a good 3-5 yrs. lol. Still no regrets. Coz of the beauties of it, the surrounding etc. how often do u really stand outside n look at the external walls in the bright daylight... Night time will def look nice. Dun worry its a gd buy for sure!

Moreover, loan rates r up. Loan tenors shortened. Plus penalties, SSD, n charges for legal fees etc.... Gonna cost so much just because of something u might not even be sure it's gonna turn out very very ugly ? .... I mean..... Maybe....

Just my 2 cents worth!

gohbek
24-01-13, 10:48
hi. so glad to have so many friendly neighbours in wv. bought stack 35 mid floor, facing quarry. love the view and also the surrounding. still praying hard TOP will be Q3.

JohnDoe4
24-01-13, 10:57
You are my closest neighbour...stack 35 too, high floor :-)

hi. so glad to have so many friendly neighbours in wv. bought stack 35 mid floor, facing quarry. love the view and also the surrounding. still praying hard TOP will be Q3.

econsist
24-01-13, 12:11
Hello future neighbours,

Sorry to switch topic abruptly. Just wanted to know if anyone here knows of a reliable contractor for installing network cables / face plates for home networking?

Hi,

I'm also keen to know of a reliable contractor or installing network cables. I intend to have the rooms and the hall connected with network cables as I prefer wired connections than wireless.

Anyone knows the exact location where the fibre point will terminate?

Cheers :cool:

Stan11
24-01-13, 12:17
You are my closest neighbour...stack 35 too, high floor :-)

Hi all, nice to know so many friendly neighbours here at WV. I'm at stack 35 too. :)

Shadus
24-01-13, 12:38
Hi,

I'm also keen to know of a reliable contractor or installing network cables. I intend to have the rooms and the hall connected with network cables as I prefer wired connections than wireless.

Anyone knows the exact location where the fibre point will terminate?

Cheers :cool:

Hi,

I already PM slcm06. Anyone interested can PM me for the contact. Anyone else interested can PM me for contact

JohnDoe4
24-01-13, 12:51
Hi Shadus,

I have a question and hope others can also give their feedback.

Regarding powerpoints and lighting points/switches - i understand it is fixed, ie. SL will not allow us to change/add at this point.

Situation - if say a living room has 1 light point and say 3 power points already factored into the design. If we are to get our own contractors to add say 2 more light points and 2 more power points.

Question - by adding additional, won't it mean that there will be exposed wiring trunking? Or will the electrical contractor conceal this in existing wiring tracks inside the walls?

Assuming we are not doing any reno like TV wall console or false ceilings.

I know in HDB instance, it's common to lay external/exposed wiring trunks.

Can anybody shed light?

Hi,

I already PM slcm06. Anyone interested can PM me for the contact. Anyone else interested can PM me for contact

Shadus
24-01-13, 13:53
The contractor can help you conceal into the wall at additional charge. I did that for my current place.

In fact, it is usually easier than HDB becuz they may be able to make use of existing concealment pipes to run the wires.

Shadus
24-01-13, 14:00
In case you're wondering how's its done. Its pretty simple. They will dig out the wall, put the wires into a plastic casing pipe, run it along the wall, then patch back the wall (by plastering). Then repaint.

Usually, they will try look for existing trunking and try run the new wirings through the existing trunkings without digging out the entire stretch. This usually works for 1-2 wires.

So the thing to take note is make sure you've extra paint leftover to repaint the wall, if not, make sure you know which color your existing wall uses.

JohnDoe4
24-01-13, 14:07
Thanks. This explains a lot.

Problem is...I'm wanting to minimize "reno" costs. Digging hole + plastering will require repainting.

I'm likely to wallpaper the house: living+dinning+3 bdrooms.

Anybody has an indication of how much wall papering a 3bd room unit will run?

In case you're wondering how's its done. Its pretty simple. They will dig out the wall, put the wires into a plastic casing pipe, run it along the wall, then patch back the wall (by plastering). Then repaint.

Usually, they will try look for existing trunking and try run the new wirings through the existing trunkings without digging out the entire stretch. This usually works for 1-2 wires.

So the thing to take note is make sure you've extra paint leftover to repaint the wall, if not, make sure you know which color your existing wall uses.

slcm06
24-01-13, 14:38
Hi,

Thanks Shadus!

Econsist and others who are keen, maybe we can try to strike a better deal with the contractor. :)

Shadus
24-01-13, 15:29
Thanks. This explains a lot.

Problem is...I'm wanting to minimize "reno" costs. Digging hole + plastering will require repainting.

I'm likely to wallpaper the house: living+dinning+3 bdrooms.

Anybody has an indication of how much wall papering a 3bd room unit will run?

Heh... but to be really concealed... this is the only way. And it have be to done before wall papering. Not that I've done a lot of house reno myself, but usually, this is one of the things I make sure to have sufficient power points, otherwise, i can't imagine the mess later on.

When they add the fiber to my current house, I didnt do it conceal. I run the trunkings as close to the floor as possible behind the furnitures, so it is not as obvious. This is another way to to do, ie to try blend into your furnishings. The wire trunkings are usually very small, you can request contractor for smallest possible trunking. But you'll still need to keep some paint and DIY to minimize cost.

Shadus
24-01-13, 15:33
On hindsight.... to minimize cost and if you've time, you can do the wall digging and plastering DIY... :p.... The walls are quite "soft", not sure if you're aware, just use a sharp small spade or picking tool and dig it. It will just fall out. If you've a drill, that will make it much easier. Then buy some of those plasters... can DIY too. Plastering is the easy part.

But before you start digging, plan for where to run the wires and use the blueprint given to us during TOP to make sure you don't try run it across any beams. The beams are not "diggable". Also, make sure you don't accidentally dig / cut existing wirings.. LOL. That will be disaster.

gohbek
24-01-13, 16:43
is it still too early to do designing for the new nest? hmm...maybe i should follow you guys to start sourcing and look for design first before too last minute? :))

Shadus
24-01-13, 17:11
Just floating ideas... coz you know, house v. small, have to really plan carefully to maximise usage.

desquire
24-01-13, 19:00
Front runner stack 14 up with balcony glass. During dusk, all buildings look the same. No blue no white. :D

azeoprop
24-01-13, 19:03
Blue is the new color for hopes and aspirations. White is old and tarnished. :rolleyes:

Shadus
24-01-13, 19:30
Front runner stack 14 up with balcony glass. During dusk, all buildings look the same. No blue no white. :D

photos? balcony glass is transparent i hope!

minami-san
24-01-13, 19:39
photos? balcony glass is transparent i hope!
it's transparent light blue

desquire
24-01-13, 20:34
it's transparent light blue
Never bring camera la. Heheh. It looks very transparent from afar. Maybe lightly tinted. Very very light. ;)

Sir Yoda
24-01-13, 22:17
Hi everyone,

After few months since last year, I finally managed to apply and got an account here...it is really challenging to open a/c and I believe there are many of our WV bros and sis only reading but still having problem getting one!!

Oh...so excited am I, that I forgot to intro.
Belong to Stack 73, pes, Yoda is.

And salute, greetings to active veterans here like Chestnut, Dequire and East Lover etc. Thanks for keeping us so updated with pics, views etc.

Thank you, Yoda say.

Shadus
24-01-13, 22:26
Welcome Jedi Master! LOL :P

Sir Yoda
24-01-13, 22:31
Welcome Jedi Master! LOL :P

Hi Shadus,

A serene and peaceful land for meditation, WV shall be.

:luke-and-darth: (perhaps also a good training ground, attain higher level of THE FORCE)

MTFBWY... (aka May The Force Be With You)

Sir Yoda
25-01-13, 01:23
The blue front (suggested re-naming: WaterSky, WaterColour, WaterWave, The Blue Shore)

Sir Yoda
25-01-13, 01:29
Current status of clubhouse (and the future staircase...)

Sir Yoda
25-01-13, 01:36
Stack 73...