PDA

View Full Version : Waterview (D18, 99-year Leasehold, Sim Lian Group)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29

smpeh
10-11-12, 02:53
Well done my friend. To me , a recession is like a famine in the animal kingdom. The outcome of the famine is - the weak animals will disappear from the earth and the strong will survive.

So the recession will weed out the weak and the strong will prevail. Please do look at it factually and not in a negative way.

So whoever survived a recession will come out stronger.

Well done

:cheers4: :cheers4: :cheers4:

Yes, it always will be that way. Sad to say and it's really very tough to make the call when to sell/buy. Experience, information and luck. Cant really miss one out, can we?

Really blur about property when buying WV, through this forum learned a lot and hopefully know how to apply that for further purchases.:D

chestnut
10-11-12, 08:14
Yes, it always will be that way. Sad to say and it's really very tough to make the call when to sell/buy. Experience, information and luck. Cant really miss one out, can we?

Really blur about property when buying WV, through this forum learned a lot and hopefully know how to apply that for further purchases.:D

How old are u? 40 - 45 range?

roly8
10-11-12, 08:18
Well done my friend. To me , a recession is like a famine in the animal kingdom. The outcome of the famine is - the weak animals will disappear from the earth and the strong will survive.

So the recession will weed out the weak and the strong will prevail. Please do look at it factually and not in a negative way.

So whoever survived a recession will come out stronger.

Well done

:cheers4: :cheers4: :cheers4:

like your post:cheers5:

East Lover
10-11-12, 10:04
Mr Tay, are u going to do like this??
http://prozfile.com.sg/beta-images/main/ss-two.png

jbtay
10-11-12, 12:33
Hi EastLover, I don't have many books, in any case at my age less book reading nowadays. Will use one of the bedrooms for study/music listening. I spend more time in the study - surfing plus listen to classical music whereas my wife is more in the living room - korean/taiwan dramas - ha ha. We don't have a maid, so do our own laundry, drying, ironing etc, so the yard area will be a major area of focus too - ie organise storage for hangers, pegs, etc for easy retrieval. Wife likes everything hidden away, sort of uncluttered look, so will have lots of closets in bedrooms, study and living areas.
:doh:

East Lover
10-11-12, 12:55
Hi EastLover, I don't have many books, in any case at my age less book reading nowadays. Will use one of the bedrooms for study/music listening. I spend more time in the study - surfing plus listen to classical music whereas my wife is more in the living room - korean/taiwan dramas - ha ha. We don't have a maid, so do our own laundry, drying, ironing etc, so the yard area will be a major area of focus too - ie organise storage for hangers, pegs, etc for easy retrieval. Wife likes everything hidden away, sort of uncluttered look, so will have lots of closets in bedrooms, study and living areas.
:doh:
This photo shows u an idea of how to join living room with study room :D they removed the wall In between, so make living hall looks much bigger at first sight. I remember u mentioned u want to ask SL to remove the wall. Already finalized ur requirement with SL?

smpeh
10-11-12, 13:11
How old are u? 40 - 45 range?

Not that old la, mid 30s. :D Hopefully still not too late to make properties investments as a way to retirement, hahahaha:cheers4:

jbtay
10-11-12, 13:24
This photo shows u an idea of how to join living room with study room :D they removed the wall In between, so make living hall looks much bigger at first sight. I remember u mentioned u want to ask SL to remove the wall. Already finalized ur requirement with SL?

I c. Thks. Have dropped the idea for now. Already concluded requirements with SL early this year, so too late to change, and will be quite a hassle to knock down wall for new flat .. eg may void 1 yr maintenance warranty, air-con fan coil lkiely have to be shifted or removed temporarily etc. With study separate, wife can watch tv and me listen to my music without disturbing each other .... :sleep:

chestnut
10-11-12, 15:18
Not that old la, mid 30s. :D Hopefully still not too late to make properties investments as a way to retirement, hahahaha:cheers4:

So u about. About 1 cycle younger than me. You should be able to take advance of 1 more recession. For this, u need to save 40% just in case. Your tenure of loan also will be reduced. So u need to buffer more money... As the years passes by, the tenor shortens,,,,

:cheers4:

East Lover
10-11-12, 23:04
Anyone knows the pros & cons of iron wood comparing to chengal for timber decking?

chestnut
11-11-12, 05:13
Anyone knows the pros & cons of iron wood comparing to chengal for timber decking?

Don't know much about iron wood. But chengai, no termite, can last many, many, many years. My outdoor furniture with me for 15 years liao. But chegnai super ex now. When I did my roof terrace 6 yrs ago, it cost me >20k. But worth every cent.

East Lover
11-11-12, 06:33
Don't know much about iron wood. But chengai, no termite, can last many, many, many years. My outdoor furniture with me for 15 years liao. But chegnai super ex now. When I did my roof terrace 6 yrs ago, it cost me >20k. But worth every cent.
Thanks! I'm sourcing for my planter, one said Australia iron wood good, less gap, one said chengai is suitable for Singapore weather, iron wood too soft.... Confused.

Maybe I open one thread to ask :D

zeamybro
11-11-12, 07:22
Thanks! I'm sourcing for my planter, one said Australia iron wood good, less gap, one said chengai is suitable for Singapore weather, iron wood too soft.... Confused.

Maybe I open one thread to ask :D

Ever considered tiles? One of my units I tiled up the planters with matching tiles and flushed them with my balcony... Now the balcony looks v big and is easy to wash and maintain.

East Lover
11-11-12, 12:35
Ever considered tiles? One of my units I tiled up the planters with matching tiles and flushed them with my balcony... Now the balcony looks v big and is easy to wash and maintain.
My purely planter, no balcony. Developer said UR may spot check, so go for removable timble decking

radha08
11-11-12, 14:13
I c. Thks. Have dropped the idea for now. Already concluded requirements with SL early this year, so too late to change, and will be quite a hassle to knock down wall for new flat .. eg may void 1 yr maintenance warranty, air-con fan coil lkiely have to be shifted or removed temporarily etc. With study separate, wife can watch tv and me listen to my music without disturbing each other .... :sleep:

sorry what is SL...:confused:

Khng8
11-11-12, 14:17
sorry what is SL...:confused:
SL as in Sim Lian the developer

radha08
11-11-12, 14:22
SL as in Sim Lian the developer

oh tks....

radha08
11-11-12, 14:25

sorry newbie at this but you mean for new devt you can liase with developer to not build the wall between study and hall??..while the project is being built...:confused:...so u get a bigger hall:confused:

auroraborealis
11-11-12, 14:30
yes, haiz but I got to know too late :banghead:
at the initial stage, they accepted building reconfig if no structural wall
also, tiles can change to marble but not anymore

sorry newbie at this but you mean for new devt you can liase with developer to not build the wall between study and hall??..while the project is being built...:confused:...so u get a bigger hall:confused:

carbuncle
11-11-12, 15:43
not every developer accommodate such requests bro radhaha

jbtay
11-11-12, 16:09

Oh yes, SL was quite accommodating. By the way, walked past the site today, window panes installed all the way up for stack 18. Looking good.
:D

desquire
11-11-12, 19:30
Oh yes, SL was quite accommodating. By the way, walked past the site today, window panes installed all the way up for stack 18. Looking good.
Drove past yesterday and saw a layer of white paint over the same stack if I'm not wrong.

Things will move on pretty fast from now on. There's alwas something new each week. :p

radha08
11-11-12, 20:49
not every developer accommodate such requests bro radhaha

oh ok...tks:)

smpeh
12-11-12, 01:32
Drove past yesterday and saw a layer of white paint over the same stack if I'm not wrong.

Things will move on pretty fast from now on. There's alwas something new each week. :p

Hopefully it will be ready as stated, can't wait! :spliff:

smpeh
12-11-12, 01:40
So u about. About 1 cycle younger than me. You should be able to take advance of 1 more recession. For this, u need to save 40% just in case. Your tenure of loan also will be reduced. So u need to buffer more money... As the years passes by, the tenor shortens,,,,

Thanks for the reminder, trying my best to save out now minus traveling :D.
Even with all the facts that is in the forum of inflation and QE3. I just can't find the confidence like some to look for a MM or 1 bedder.

Of course worry if things turn like Lehman and Bear situation happen, will be caught naked if get one now. Well, it's just me :spliff:

chestnut
12-11-12, 06:55
Thanks for the reminder, trying my best to save out now minus traveling :D.
Even with all the facts that is in the forum of inflation and QE3. I just can't find the confidence like some to look for a MM or 1 bedder.

Of course worry if things turn like Lehman and Bear situation happen, will be caught naked if get one now. Well, it's just me :spliff:

Cool bro, I don't think u will be caught naked.... Enjoy will Europe trip....should catch u all in 2013 when WV top.

East Lover
12-11-12, 22:37

Errr, will the white color easily run down? Frankly, a bit HDB look leh.:o

minami-san
12-11-12, 23:06
Errr, will the white color easily run down? Frankly, a bit HDB look leh.:o Sis, that was exactly what my hubby said. Paid condo price for hdb. I only hope it will look better as days go by :)

radha08
12-11-12, 23:07
Errr, will the white color easily run down? Frankly, a bit HDB look leh.:o

A lot of new devts all painted white...wonder why..:confused:

kane
12-11-12, 23:16
it gives that clean fresh look. then 5 years later, MC will pick a duller colour, something that is "easier" to maintain.

desquire
13-11-12, 00:14
Sis, that was exactly what my hubby said. Paid condo price for hdb. I only hope it will look better as days go by :)
They already mentioned that the blocks will be white washed. I guess that's how it will look like with blue tinted windows. :D

chestnut
13-11-12, 03:36
They already mentioned that the blocks will be white washed. I guess that's how it will look like with blue tinted windows. :D

Bro, I don't thnk the windows are tinted blue.... I thunk it is just a blue covering on the window pane that will be peeled away just before top.

Clover was also blue...

radha08
13-11-12, 06:06
Bro, I don't thnk the windows are tinted blue.... I thunk it is just a blue covering on the window pane that will be peeled away just before top.

Clover was also blue...

:D :D :D ...could have fooled me...:D :D :D ...otherwise everybody will have sea view with window closed...:D

chestnut
13-11-12, 06:48
:D :D :D ...could have fooled me...:D :D :D ...otherwise everybody will have sea view with window closed...:D

Aiya, nowadays just install projector lor. Shoot on the wall. When u wake up, u can get the 4 seasons. Winter, show snow and put your a/c to full blast lowest temp.

Want to be in Paris, just show Eiffel Tower.

Hahahaha

East Lover
13-11-12, 07:06
Aiya, nowadays just install projector lor. Shoot on the wall. When u wake up, u can get the 4 seasons. Winter, show snow and put your a/c to full blast lowest temp.

Hahahaha

Wow bro, u posted 3 hours ago? Meaning 5AM? Bro desquire posted 6 hours ago i.e. 2AM? :scared-5:

I also, never be so addicted to furom one :D :D i almost come here every second :ashamed1: in fact, before sleep, iPad; wake up, iPad; office, PC; outside, iPhone; anywhere, any moment, I default page and permanent page is this condo forum!! Jelak oh!

Is this condo forum really have magical power? Or condo itself too attractive?:rolleyes:

zeamybro
13-11-12, 07:09

Hahahaha

Gd morn everyone! Wah early holiday morn sis and bro all come here and chat liao.

If like that, might as well shoot the condosingapore page on the wall, then first thing u wake up in the morn u can check the latest posts and discussions

chestnut
13-11-12, 07:11
Hahaha, I wake up and cannot sleep. Check my us stocks, check my mail, check this site and post. Then fell a sleep again. Woke up at 7. Now waiting for wifey to wake up to go breakfast.

Next year, u will see less of me... Hahahaha year start, must start traveling and doing my rounds. Hahahaha

Wow bro, u posted 3 hours ago? Meaning 5AM? Bro desquire posted 6 hours ago i.e. 2AM? :scared-5:

I also, never be so addicted to furom one :D :D i almost come here every second :ashamed1: in fact, before sleep, iPad; wake up, iPad; office, PC; outside, iPhone; anywhere, any moment, I default page and permanent page is this condo forum!! Jelak oh!

Is this condo forum really have magical power? Or condo itself too attractive?:rolleyes:

chestnut
13-11-12, 07:12
Gd morn everyone! Wah early holiday morn sis and bro all come here and chat liao.

If like that, might as well shoot the condosingapore page on the wall, then first thing u wake up in the morn u can check the latest posts and discussions

Hahahaha, so funny... Good one. Me waiting for my queen to wake up and have porridge at Ah Chiang.

East Lover
13-11-12, 07:26
Hahahaha, so funny... Good one. Me waiting for my queen to wake up and have porridge at Ah Chiang.
Good morning everyone! Bro next time if u decided to retire at WV, I show u the good breakfast in market nearby :D

I also can't sleep this morning. Later got electronic uncle to my new unit to check my lighting position, got curtain to do measurement, what a busy happy day!

chestnut
13-11-12, 07:36
Good morning everyone! Bro next time if u decided to retire at WV, I show u the good breakfast in market nearby :D

I also can't sleep this morning. Later got electronic uncle to my new unit to check my lighting position, got curtain to do measurement, what a busy happy day!

Cool. Enjoy this process ok... I went thru this 16 years ago. It was so fun then....

:cheers3: :cheers3:

And yes, I will take u on for breakfast location. I can only shift when my eldest get married. Which will be about 6-10 years time.

Kengar
13-11-12, 08:46
Bro Chestnut, was Clover's windows presented as blue in the sales brochures?

Clover was also blue...

chestnut
13-11-12, 09:26

Good one. Don't know. I have a tendency of discovering a lot of things at a later stage. Sorri. My objective for condos are 1. Capital gains, or 2. Rental yield.

With clover , it was view... I actually asked for the view at >25 floor. So my agent got the workers to snap a photo. I saw, I like, I bought.

I have never seen a blue window in any condo.... But definitely, clover had blue windows. Before top, they removed it. It is like a layer of covering to protect the window panes during construction.

:cheers3:

U can go
http://cloverbythepark.freeforums.org/progress-of-clover-f20.html?sid=48aa12527bb74571a3210aabee6ff4ca

Don't know if it is the same blue as WV?

East Lover
13-11-12, 09:34
Good one. Don't know. I have a tendency of discovering a lot of things at a later stage. Sorri. My objective for condos are 1. Capital gains, or 2. Rental yield.

With clover , it was view... I actually asked for the view at >25 floor. So my agent got the workers to snap a photo. I saw, I like, I bought.

I have never seen a blue window in any condo.... But definitely, clover had blue windows. Before top, they removed it. It is like a layer of covering to protect the window panes during construction.

:cheers3:
Latest update, bro chasenut's block (half of the inner blocks to be precise) are equited with windows already. All blue blue. Confirm it's the plastic protetiom cover, not the glass.
WV progress is very very positive :47:

zeamybro
13-11-12, 09:34
My unit at amber the windows are blue ones... Initially thought its just plastic protection layer, but realized later its not.

I think there is one condo near taka lagi best. It's not blue but pink ......

chestnut
13-11-12, 09:42
My unit at amber the windows are blue ones... Initially thought its just plastic protection layer, but realized later its not.

I think there is one condo near taka lagi best. It's not blue but pink ......

Your window can see thru or not? Interesting. Tinted blue or opaque blue?

zeamybro
13-11-12, 09:46

Can see thru, it's tinted blue for the balcony glass panels.

The Grange Infinite I mentioned earlier at orchard comes in pink as seen in the attached pic

jbtay
13-11-12, 10:25

Specs and contract say tinted glass windows. Sales brochure shows a bluish tint which is much lighter than the current darkish blue glass protector covering. My take is there will be a light bluish tint in the windows. ;)

zeamybro
13-11-12, 10:43

Nut nut bro... Managed to dig up some old photos. From outside seems really blue, but from inside still ok. I remember it feels quite comfortable inside, but I hv nv spent a single night there.

http://i48.tinypic.com/28i3j7k.jpg

http://i49.tinypic.com/30uwy81.jpg

desquire
13-11-12, 11:06

Hahahahahaha. I usually go for coffee on Friday and Saturday nights till very late. Today public holiday so went coffee also lah. Hahahahahaha. Came back nearly 4am. Heheh :)

desquire
13-11-12, 11:17
Hehehe. I can recall his very clearly. :D :D :D
Confirmed blue tinted guys. :)

Sim Lian has so far released 348 units of the development.
Sim Lian Group is understood to have sold about 200 units at its Waterview condo at Bedok Reservoir since it began previewing the project on Tuesday this week. The average price is $838 per square foot.
On the other side of Bedok Reservoir, along a stretch boasting a more scenic view of the water, Frasers Centrepoint and Far East Organization are selling units at their Waterfront Gold project at about $980 psf and at Waterfront key at around $1,000 psf.
Sim Lian has so far released about half or 348 units of the 696-unit Waterview condo.
The 99-year leasehold project will be officially launched today, accompanied by an advertising campaign.
Units in the 15-storey development range from two to four-bedders; there are also six-bedroom penthouses. Sizes range from 786 sq ft for a two-bedroom apartment to 4,768 sq ft for a penthouse.
The project is at the corner of Tampines Avenue 1 and 10, next to The Tropica.
Sim Lian is developing the project on a site that it clinched at a state tender in March this year for $421 psf of potential gross floor area.
Most of the units in the Waterview’s 12 blocks face the reservoir, Tampines Quarry or swimming pools in the development.
The condo’s walls will be washed white and have blue glass windows to reflect the water theme for the project.
Article extracted from The Business Times dated Friday, November 19 2010. :D

Kengar
13-11-12, 11:35
Wow time flies..

I recall we were wishing each other Happy First Anniversary of Purchase around this time last year and now we coming to the Second Anniversary. :cheers2:

Sim Lian Group is understood to have sold about 200 units at its Waterview condo at Bedok Reservoir since it began previewing the project on Tuesday this week. The average price is $838 per square foot.
On the other side of Bedok Reservoir, along a stretch boasting a more scenic view of the water, Frasers Centrepoint and Far East Organization are selling units at their Waterfront Gold project at about $980 psf and at Waterfront key at around $1,000 psf.
Sim Lian has so far released about half or 348 units of the 696-unit Waterview condo.
The 99-year leasehold project will be officially launched today, accompanied by an advertising campaign.
Units in the 15-storey development range from two to four-bedders; there are also six-bedroom penthouses. Sizes range from 786 sq ft for a two-bedroom apartment to 4,768 sq ft for a penthouse.
Sim Lian is developing the project on a site that it clinched at a state tender in March this year for $421 psf of potential gross floor area.
Most of the units in the Waterview’s 12 blocks face the reservoir, Tampines Quarry or swimming pools in the development.
The condo’s walls will be washed white and have blue glass windows to reflect the water theme for the project.
Article extracted from The Business Times dated Friday, November 19 2010. :D

chestnut
13-11-12, 12:11
Desquire, thanks for info. When it comes to the property per se, u can tell I blur like sotong because I really don't take notice. Hahaha

radha08
13-11-12, 12:14
Desquire, thanks for info. When it comes to the property per se, u can tell I blur like sotong because I really don't take notice. Hahaha

bro your life must be so boring tenant never pay rent u dont know...when it come to property per se u dont notice...:doh:...hai yo lucky u not like 80% of us....worker bees...:scared-1:....otherwise sure kena upside down by your boss...:D:D:D....happy deepavali...gangam style...:D:D:D

desquire
13-11-12, 12:56
Dropped by WV to take a sneak peek while on the way out. I must say the carpark has become a public viewing gallery. Three other couples there smiling and gesturing to each other while pointing endlessly here and there.

Stack 18 has been painted with the first coat of paint and windows up to mid floor. Looks like stack 14 will follow suit next. Although it's Dewali, consturuction is still in progress today. :D

chestnut
13-11-12, 12:58
bro your life must be so boring tenant never pay rent u dont know...when it come to property per se u dont notice...:doh:...hai yo lucky u not like 80% of us....worker bees...:scared-1:....otherwise sure kena upside down by your boss...:D:D:D....happy deepavali...gangam style...:D:D:D

Bro, I worked my way up. I started from ground Zero to become Hero. Hahahaha.... Trying to rhyme,

I old rooster already. I got lucky w property, just found out too late in the game(early by many people standard though). But I am very contented already.

Wish u well in your hunt for the red october.

Happy Deepavali. If u need info, do let us know, we will chip in to share our knowledge.

East Lover
13-11-12, 13:46
Wow time flies..

I recall we were wishing each other Happy First Anniversary of Purchase around this time last year and now we coming to the Second Anniversary. :cheers2:
Same feeling here :)
Bro desquire has super memory leh! It will look cooler also from inside if WV is really blue windows. Maybe easiler to install screen film also :D

East Lover
13-11-12, 13:49
Bro, wanna to buy one ground floor unit here? I jog from reservior and can see the first floor unit! Meaning first floor not only have big garden but also have water view :)
Happy deepavali and enjoy ur house hunting

East Lover
13-11-12, 13:51
Bro u already 上岸了. Diff category already :D

zeamybro
13-11-12, 14:46
Bro u already 上岸了. Diff category already :D

Sis u also considered 上岸 already la...

So how's shopping so far? Pls summarize for us your damage for the day later tonight :D

minami-san
13-11-12, 15:29
Latest update, bro chasenut's block (half of the inner blocks to be precise) are equited with windows already. All blue blue. Confirm it's the plastic protetiom cover, not the glass.
WV progress is very very positive :47:
some time back, I saw a reservoir facing unit (think 3rd storey corner unit) that is painted and with windows installed. Some of the plastic sheets were peeling away and i thought i saw blue! Maybe those staying in the vicinity can help verify :)

minami-san
13-11-12, 15:32

Article extracted from The Business Times dated Friday, November 19 2010. :D Yay! i love blue :)

csong
13-11-12, 15:35
Does anyone know whether the windows are sliding or push out?

minami-san
13-11-12, 15:37
Does anyone know whether the windows are sliding or push out?
There are 4 window panes. Only the centre 2 can slide open to the sides. I saw this in one of the reservoir facing 3 storey units. The doors happened to be open when i was there. I am thinking of changing to those that can be pushed all the way to one side once we can do so :) This will make the living area bigger :)

Kengar
13-11-12, 15:47
You are referring to the balcony glass panels i guess? You are correct that they are sliding.

For bedroom windows only the left and right panels can be opened by push out.

There are 4 window panes. Only the centre 2 can slide open to the sides. I saw this in one of the reservoir facing 3 storey units. The doors happened to be open when i was there. I am thinking of changing to those that can be pushed all the way to one side once we can do so :) This will make the living area bigger :)

chestnut
13-11-12, 15:56
You are referring to the balcony glass panels i guess? You are correct that they are sliding.

Glass are not noise proof.

desquire
13-11-12, 16:44
Yay! i love blue :)
A true reflection of water like mentioned. Personally, I prefer it to be slightly brownish tinted. But ok lah. No complains. Blue looks a little odd to me.

The windows will definitely be those pushed out type with sliding doors for the balcony. :)

Echelon
13-11-12, 17:20
Hi all, I drive by WV everyday when my kids are in school as I will have to pass by that area, looking at it grow, is really like seeing your investment/home....grow - Literally speaking too!!

I am excited and it was my wife's good idea to choose this place, I was choosing Palatte in Pasir Ris, but since seeing between the two, I think WV was a better purchase for my family.

We overlook the quarry View, looking forward to many hi-fi's and smiles soon!!

Cheers to all!

Honestly we should have a party! Pot-luck style, everyone bring something and just chill together! Also good to be good neighbors!

:cheers5:

desquire
13-11-12, 18:03
Hi all, I drive by WV everyday when my kids are in school as I will have to pass by that area, looking at it grow, is really like seeing your investment/home....grow - Literally speaking too!!

I am excited and it was my wife's good idea to choose this place, I was choosing Palatte in Pasir Ris, but since seeing between the two, I think WV was a better purchase for my family.

We overlook the quarry View, looking forward to many hi-fi's and smiles soon!!

Cheers to all!

Honestly we should have a party! Pot-luck style, everyone bring something and just chill together! Also good to be good neighbors!

:cheers5:

Hi there!!! Welcome in!!! Yup, a number of us also stay within the vicinity and it's like a route which we have to take and watch it grow.

The quarry facing stack is beautiful!!! Yeah, we should hv a potluck gathering soon..

What about a carpark boot potluck gathering. Hahahahaa!!!!:D

minami-san
13-11-12, 19:55

yep i was referring to the balcony's windows.

East Lover
13-11-12, 20:29
Hi there!!! Welcome in!!! Yup, a number of us also stay within the vicinity and it's like a route which we have to take and watch it grow.

The quarry facing stack is beautiful!!! Yeah, we should hv a potluck gathering soon..

What about a carpark boot potluck gathering. Hahahahaa!!!!:D
How about gathering at our water facing BBQ pit there during 2013 Xmas?

By the way, Double Bay library very impressive. A lot of good books. developer in fact got taste :D :D :D

Is it possible to make an aircond study room? We can contribute books there? Also I like the karaoke room :rolleyes:

Eastguy
13-11-12, 20:32
Hi Guys

Attached are the pictures taken on 13 Nov 12.

Had a distance glimse of the Air Con, looks like Mitsubishi, its installed on 1 of the units.

desquire
13-11-12, 20:43
Hi Guys

Had a distance glimse of the Air Con, looks like Mitsubishi, its installed on 1 of the units.
Thanks bro! I suspected that it will be Mitsubishi as well. SL has a contract with them I think. Quite ok lah. Wonder if it's an inverter or the normal ones. Hope it's an inverter. Can save electricity. :D

Kengar
13-11-12, 20:58
Cool literally can see the corridor lights on.

Some of the blue plastic are removed and showing blue tint glass below. :D

Hi Guys

East Lover
13-11-12, 21:06
Hi Guys

Thanks east guy! I think we will have some space outside the main door :rolleyes: so we can put our shoe rack outside :cheers1: because there is a good distance between the main door to the corridor facing reservoir - see the last two photos :)

csong
13-11-12, 21:06
I was referring to the bedroom windows. Do you mean that only the left and right windows can be pushed out but the centre panel is fixed and cannot be opened?

East Lover
13-11-12, 21:08
I was referring to the bedroom windows. Do you mean that only the left and right windows can be pushed out but the centre panel is fixed and cannot be opened?
Yes, based on what they show in showflat, that centre panel is fixed. I hope the left & right window at least can open fully.

chestnut
13-11-12, 21:43
Yes, based on what they show in showflat, that centre panel is fixed. I hope the left & right window at least can open fully.

Clover is like this... Only left and right can open. Be careful when top. U leave the window open. When it rains, it water will get in and parquet will spoil. A few units had this problem in clover.

teck
13-11-12, 21:44
Hi Guys

I was at the carpark too......probably at about 1pm..... saw 2 couples "viewing" too... :)

Eastguy
13-11-12, 21:58
I was at the carpark too......probably at about 1pm..... saw 2 couples "viewing" too... :)

Was there at 6pm :-)))

East Lover
13-11-12, 21:59
Dropped by WV to take a sneak peek while on the way out. I must say the carpark has become a public viewing gallery. Three other couples there smiling and gesturing to each other while pointing endlessly here and there.

Stack 18 has been painted with the first coat of paint and windows up to mid floor. Looks like stack 14 will follow suit next. Although it's Dewali, consturuction is still in progress today. :D

Haha, I have to say, our FEC very active one :D

East Lover
13-11-12, 22:01
Clover is like this... Only left and right can open. Be careful when top. U leave the window open. When it rains, it water will get in and parquet will spoil. A few units had this problem in clover.
At least can fully open? DBR can only a little bit leh :beats-me-man:

desquire
13-11-12, 22:13
Hahha. Probably bumped into you. I was there arnd 1pm too. :D

Anyone has any idea if the air-conditioner is an inverter?:confused:

teck
13-11-12, 22:23

haha...... most likely..... but i didnt get out of the car at.... i was there in the morning (about 9+ alone and went to took some photos) and back there again with my wife (at about 1), just showing her the latest development.....:ashamed1:

smpeh
14-11-12, 02:47

Just wondering will the aircon be under the 1 year warranty hen TOP or more years than that cos think all brands give at least 3years, if I am not wrong. :confused:

jjtio
14-11-12, 08:39
thanks Eastguy for the pics. most exciting to see WV grow. looking fwd to TOP. :)

slcm06
14-11-12, 10:29
Sorry to interrupt this thread to say HELLO to everyone here. :)
Finally I was able to register for an account!

I'm Joseph from stack 25, ground floor unit. If anyone has any ideas or community projects to improve the lives of our fellow WaterView residents, be it related to cost savings, sharing of resources, energy savings, environment, fun projects for kids, etc, I'd be glad to help :)

desquire
14-11-12, 10:36

I'm Joseph from stack 25, ground floor unit. If anyone has any ideas or community projects to improve the lives of our fellow WaterView residents, be it related to cost savings, sharing of resources, energy savings, environment, fun projects for kids, etc, I'd be glad to help :)

Congrats!! That's a great stack the best of both world. Right in the middle of both the pools!!

More friendly Waterviewers are checking in!!Hooray! :D

teck
14-11-12, 10:40

a warm welcome!

radha08
14-11-12, 12:25

cheers bro....GROUND FLOOR...the BEST:cheers5: :cheers5: :cheers5:

East Lover
14-11-12, 13:07
Dear slcm06, welcome to our FEC, the most fun club in the east :D

bro radha, WV ground floor can have water view one, why not consider a 3 bedder or 3+study in WV??

You may be able to move in Sept next year :cheers4:

cheers bro....GROUND FLOOR...the BEST:cheers5: :cheers5: :cheers5:

desquire
14-11-12, 14:21
Just drove past and now stack 19 is painted white. Wow! Upon completion of the blocks things are moving speedily!!!

It is maturing fast!!:eek:

auroraborealis
14-11-12, 14:32
u check again, mayb got safety clip at window base
if u press down, can open full

At least can fully open? DBR can only a little bit leh :beats-me-man:

East Lover
14-11-12, 14:41
oh really??! how sua gu I am! :ashamed1:

Thanks a lot!

East Lover
14-11-12, 15:01
my agent is on site now. sms him to check, he said, it's child lock, need key to open.

no wonder i got one set of keys, till now i know the purpose of those keys :ashamed1:

radha08
14-11-12, 15:01
Dear slcm06, welcome to our FEC, the most fun club in the east :D

bro radha, WV ground floor can have water view one, why not consider a 3 bedder or 3+study in WV??

You may be able to move in Sept next year :cheers4:

can later i call tharman...ask him brother brother can close one eye for me about Cm6...i also half botak last time before Cm6 i can loan 30year now can loan 20 year siao liao....:banghead::banghead:..thats why my FOCUS on D18...come here just kaypoh...:D...but seriously i am a GROUND FLOOR lover...:cheers5:

East Lover
14-11-12, 15:10
can later i call tharman...ask him brother brother can close one eye for me about Cm6...i also half botak last time before Cm6 i can loan 30year now can loan 20 year siao liao....:banghead::banghead:..thats why my FOCUS on D18...come here just kaypoh...:D...but seriously i am a GROUND FLOOR lover...:cheers5:
WV is D18 :p

you mean you are focusing in Pasir Ris?

Kengar
14-11-12, 15:49
It has been raining alot during the past few days, hope it does not affect the construction works and the quality of the painting! :scared-4:

Just drove past and now stack 19 is painted white. Wow! Upon completion of the blocks things are moving speedily!!!

It is maturing fast!!:eek:

roly8
14-11-12, 17:01
sofa, lightning etc are all handed by owners is it?

radha08
14-11-12, 18:47
WV is D18 :p

you mean you are focusing in Pasir Ris?

oh is it but price seems like d16....:D:D:D

yup pasir ris my heart still there eventhough my body was chased out by evils forces from the dark side....:simmering:..

radha08
14-11-12, 18:50
sofa, lightning etc are all handed by owners is it?

yes bro all fittings aircon...etc etc even fridge washing machine given by developer...u just install lights and buy furniture...:D

East Lover
14-11-12, 19:21
oh is it but price seems like d16....:D:D:D

yup pasir ris my heart still there eventhough my body was chased out by evils forces from the dark side....:simmering:..
Sea Esta :D :D :D
Buy bro buy, all the best to your condo hunting :) :) :)

radha08
14-11-12, 19:23
Sea Esta :D :D :D
Buy bro buy, all the best to your condo hunting :) :) :)

ha ha u following me huh...:D

roly8
14-11-12, 19:39
yes bro all fittings aircon...etc etc even fridge washing machine given by developer...u just install lights and buy furniture...:D

thx alot.. :o

Kengar
15-11-12, 11:51
Another 8 sold in Oct at median psf of $905, with 29 more to go.

95.8% sold to date. :D

desquire
15-11-12, 12:27

More '8' to be unleashed. They sure like 8 over here in WV. By TOP only 8 units will be left and sold within 8 days after TOP at 888psf. Haha. :D

chestnut
15-11-12, 12:28

Less than 25 units. According to my agent

bakasa2002
15-11-12, 13:13
ha ha u following me huh...:D

Not only East sis, me too ... and quite a few others ... :D

bakasa2002
15-11-12, 13:22
More '8' to be unleashed. They sure like 8 over here in WV. By TOP only 8 units will be left and sold within 8 days after TOP at 888psf. Haha. :D

maybe by then Q bay is launched and pull WV prices up, then last 8 units will be going at $988psf!!! Huat ah ...

desquire
15-11-12, 13:44
maybe by then Q bay is launched and pull WV prices up, then last 8 units will be going at $988psf!!! Huat ah ...
Haha. Yeah. My wife mentioned we will only sell if go broke and in a dead end with no other alternative. Else wait for an offer of at least 2m before releasing unit. Ridiculous thoughts but I like. Hahahahahahah!!!:D

jbtay
15-11-12, 14:30
Haha. Yeah. My wife mentioned we will only sell if go broke and in a dead end with no other alternative. Else wait for an offer of at least 2m before releasing unit. Ridiculous thoughts but I like. Hahahahahahah!!!:D

At 5% inflation per yr, will take bout 15 yrs to reach 2m from 1m. With land scarce S'pore, more likely within 10 yrs. Considering that 2 yrs already since launch, 10 yrs isn't that far away...:sleep:

desquire
15-11-12, 15:30
At 5% inflation per yr, will take bout 15 yrs to reach 2m from 1m. With land scarce S'pore, more likely within 10 yrs. Considering that 2 yrs already since launch, 10 yrs isn't that far away...:sleep:
Hehehe. I like your positive thinking. If really come true, I will sell and retire in my HDB.

10yrs of serenity in Waterview will be joyous enough for me. :D

chestnut
15-11-12, 15:46
Hehehe. I like your positive thinking. If really come true, I will sell and retire in my HDB.

10yrs of serenity in Waterview will be joyous enough for me. :D

Bro, when that day come, you will think differently... Hahaha... It wont be as simple as this...

East Lover
15-11-12, 15:56
Bro, when that day come, you will think differently... Hahaha... It wont be as simple as this...

I agree with bro chestnut.

bro desquire, when that day come, you will think differently :p :p :p

by the way, once you moved to condo, it's hard to go back to HDB :D

Denlim
15-11-12, 16:05
Less than 25 units. According to my agent

Heard that there are 18 units left as WV is selling like hotcakes over the past days... Another "8"

desquire
15-11-12, 16:12
I agree with bro chestnut.

bro desquire, when that day come, you will think differently :p :p :p

by the way, once you moved to condo, it's hard to go back to HDB :D
It's more like a shelter to me. Mainly for lids to swim and all. These kids, they simply low water!!

Maybe sell WV in future to kids and I migrate back to HDB. But a 5-rm flat is a little too huge for my liking at old age. :p

desquire
15-11-12, 16:22
Heard that there are 18 units left as WV is selling like hotcakes over the past days... Another "8"

Wahhh... Thought you lost in space bro. Its been long since we last hear from you.

Hehe. Nice emergence. This place is always somehow associated with '8' where we like it or not. Those with life path no.8 will love the surroundings here.

Hmmmm. I will make a wild guess that the place will TOP sometime in August 2013. Which meets the 3rd quarter estimation a reality. :D

chestnut
15-11-12, 16:23
This will sell out before Qbay launch... Let me now start to share with you all a little bit of my knowledge...

Sim Lian's WaterView project had little marketing. They literally use Orange Tee as their marketing agent for all projects. Guess why??? OT was bot over by Sim Lian. That's right.

So with Qbay, they will send messages and bombard the customers with sms, e-mail on Qbay via the agent/s hired to get the job done. Qbay will then come under radar which in turn will bring Tropica and WaterView under radar.

So, that's the beauty with Sim Lian's project. A few of Sim Lian's project :
Clover by the Park, Rochelle, Carabelle, all very low profile...
Only when another project starts, then it comes under the radar of potential owners and investors.

That's why I love Sim Lian project. Very minimal money is spent on marketing and the prices are very attractive, which allows you to make some money out of it.

I hope I am right again this time... If I am wrong, please dont hamtam me because I also vested hor. But I am 80% confident. Of course, if the economy takes a dip, what to do? LL la.... Hahahaha...

So guys, get ready....

Clover prices did not climb until Thomson Grand came about and it really rose when Sky Habitat came...

So with a few more plots of land out for bidding, you should see the rise of this property.. Hoping all of us see paper gain. Better than paper lost rite. Hahahaha.

:cheers4::cheers4::cheers4:

Oh, forgot, Sis East Lover gonna make twice with WV and Tropica.

:cheers5::cheers5:

desquire
15-11-12, 17:46
This will sell out before Qbay launch... Let me now start to share with you all a little bit of my knowledge...

Sim Lian's WaterView project had little marketing. They literally use Orange Tee as their marketing agent for all projects. Guess why??? OT was bot over by Sim Lian. That's right.

So with Qbay, they will send messages and bombard the customers with sms, e-mail on Qbay via the agent/s hired to get the job done. Qbay will then come under radar which in turn will bring Tropica and WaterView under radar.

So, that's the beauty with Sim Lian's project. A few of Sim Lian's project :
Clover by the Park, Rochelle, Carabelle, all very low profile...
Only when another project starts, then it comes under the radar of potential owners and investors.

That's why I love Sim Lian project. Very minimal money is spent on marketing and the prices are very attractive, which allows you to make some money out of it.

I hope I am right again this time... If I am wrong, please dont hamtam me because I also vested hor. But I am 80% confident. Of course, if the economy takes a dip, what to do? LL la.... Hahahaha...

So guys, get ready....

Clover prices did not climb until Thomson Grand came about and it really rose when Sky Habitat came...

So with a few more plots of land out for bidding, you should see the rise of this property.. Hoping all of us see paper gain. Better than paper lost rite. Hahahaha.

:cheers4::cheers4::cheers4:

Oh, forgot, Sis East Lover gonna make twice with WV and Tropica.

:cheers5::cheers5:

With you around, we're more confident. Hahahhaha. :D

Based on your experience and observation, is there a compromise in quality for SL projects since they are marketed cheaper than their competitors? In terms of material and finish?

Heard many said that all their projects no standard that's why cheap. All HDB quality and look like HDB/DBSS. Don't know how true. No such experience as yet. :sleep:

chestnut
15-11-12, 18:07
With you around, we're more confident. Hahahhaha. :D

Based on your experience and observation, is there a compromise in quality for SL projects since they are marketed cheaper than their competitors? In terms of material and finish?

Heard many said that all their projects no standard that's why cheap. All HDB quality and look like HDB/DBSS. Don't know how true. No such experience as yet. :sleep:

Bro, don't think of selling your hdb or WV. Once it is top, I will share w you how to grow your money. But u must remind me, ok. I will do the math for u and u will be amazed at what u have done without u knowing. Or maybe u already know. Hahahaha.

Kengar
15-11-12, 21:19
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-dHJ_Pw67r1s/UKT5TX5FmkI/AAAAAAAAAaM/khXXHMYUgls/s495/Microsoft%2520Excel%2520-%2520Stack.xls%2520%2520%255BCompatibility%2520Mode%255D%252011152012%2520101619%2520PM.jpg

Khng8
15-11-12, 21:44
Anybody know if SL has raised the selling price since launch? Or remove discount?
What is the average psf for the balance units?
Thanks in advance for the info.

4wheels
16-11-12, 10:51
Anybody know if SL has raised the selling price since launch? Or remove discount?
What is the average psf for the balance units?
Thanks in advance for the info.

check propertyguru, the price of various units are there.

slcm06
16-11-12, 15:45
Hi Kengar, thanks for this nice chart. My id is slcm06. :D

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-dHJ_Pw67r1s/UKT5TX5FmkI/AAAAAAAAAaM/khXXHMYUgls/s495/Microsoft%2520Excel%2520-%2520Stack.xls%2520%2520%255BCompatibility%2520Mode%255D%252011152012%2520101619%2520PM.jpg

desquire
16-11-12, 15:58
The make-up is up for Stack 14. Whitening spree!!!:D

Kengar
16-11-12, 17:00
Hi Kengar, thanks for this nice chart. My id is slcm06. :D

Oops pai seh typed wrongly! :D

Kengar
16-11-12, 22:26
Yummy upside for WV courtesy of our new neighbour QBay :jump-for-joy:

Source: Courtesy from Toiletsiao from QBay thread and F&N Press release today.

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-5JevCsH5IFE/UKZaJtDzinI/AAAAAAAAAas/VnZ22dyyGmU/s879/httpwww.fraserandneave.comlibraryProperties_FY2012%252520Results%252520Briefing%25252016Nov2012.pdf%2520-%2520Windows%2520Internet%2520Explorer%252011162012%2520112142%2520PM.jpg

chestnut
16-11-12, 22:49

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-5JevCsH5IFE/UKZaJtDzinI/AAAAAAAAAas/VnZ22dyyGmU/s879/httpwww.fraserandneave.comlibraryProperties_FY2012%252520Results%252520Briefing%25252016Nov2012.pdf%2520-%2520Windows%2520Internet%2520Explorer%252011162012%2520112142%2520PM.jpg

Bro, which site u consider better - WV or QBay?

Kengar
16-11-12, 23:19
Bro, which site u consider better - WV or QBay?

Of course WV haha! (with vested interests)

chestnut
17-11-12, 06:50
Of course WV haha! (with vested interests)

Bro, waterview is better because it is nearer the park.:D :D

So whatever qbay sells, waterview will command a slight premium.

Cheers.:D

So when they launch, u up by 100k lah... Hahahaha

Not bad hor, u put in 200k downpayment, up 100k.... Hahahaha

bakasa2002
17-11-12, 10:08

I know this question is for chestnut but just wanted to share my observation on the material and finish based on what i have observed for SL's CBTP.

Interior finish is of decent quality but w/o the bell and whistles say if you compare to a CDL/FEO/FCL projects. It is more basic but then the $ saved can get you a decent ID to do up the house.

Personally, I felt CBTP facilities, open areas could do with a bit more of landscaping cos it does look bare and cold when I visited. The location is good no doubt but too much concrete, so it really didn't feel 'condo-like' and the clubhouse/shuttle bus pickup point look really small by today standards.

From the looks of it, SL did a much better job with the 8 pool this time rd with WV.

chestnut
17-11-12, 10:20
Oops, missed this one out... Bakasa stated correctly. The interior very basic but finishing good. But all condos same lah... Sme of u all changed to marble, rite... Pay a few k more only.... Better than they mark up 100 k for the interior rite....
So finishing inside meet expectation like any developer.

For exterior, cannot fight w cdl, feo, wing tai... But u must understand, u need to pay a premium for those....

But cbtp has bishan park, and wv has the park at bedok reservoir. Some thing, money can't buy. Got it... Go for those....

Those, money can buy, can be resolved with ID or joining mcst member..l

I know this question is for chestnut but just wanted to share my observation on the material and finish based on what i have observed for SL's CBTP.

Interior finish is of decent quality but w/o the bell and whistles say if you compare to a CDL/FEO/FCL projects. It is more basic but then the $ saved can get you a decent ID to do up the house.

Personally, I felt CBTP facilities, open areas could do with a bit more of landscaping cos it does look bare and cold when I visited. The location is good no doubt but too much concrete, so it really didn't feel 'condo-like' and the clubhouse/shuttle bus pickup point look really small by today standards.

From the looks of it, SL did a much better job with the 8 pool this time rd with WV.

desquire
17-11-12, 11:09

Thanks for sharing bro. I hope the will increase the green and camouflage the grey.

In the first WV model at the main site, they greenery wasn't much but somehow many more 'grew' when it was transferred over to its new location at Tampines Central.

Hahah. The wonders of models. :D

desquire
17-11-12, 11:15
Oops, missed this one out... Bakasa stated correctly. The interior very basic but finishing good. But all condos same lah... Sme of u all changed to marble, rite... Pay a few k more only.... Better than they mark up 100 k for the interior rite....

For exterior, cannot fight w cdl, feo, wing tai... But u must understand, u need to pay a premium for those....

But cbtp has bishan park, and wv has the park at bedok reservoir. Some thing, money can't buy. Got it... Go for those....

True bro. Anyway, I alwas prefer a 'square' simple home. Not too cluttered ad without ID at work. Heheh. Maybe its just me.

Btw, drive past so decided to sneak peek again. From cp can see te real shade of window on the 8th storey of stack 18 for it has been peeled as removed.

Window panels up to the 8th story for stack 18 and they're busy whistling while painting Stack 14 and many were lost in the world of the 8. The pool seems to be their area of focus now. :p

radha08
17-11-12, 16:13

what is advantage of joining as mcst member...:)

chestnut
17-11-12, 16:17
what is advantage of joining as mcst member...:)

Bro, u want to hear the dark secret or the marketing mojo....

Tell me which u want then I begin... Very targeted 1.. Depends on your liking...

Serious... Must choose 1 ah... Cannot greedy 1. Tonite, my wife went out and I free,...

radha08
17-11-12, 16:20
Bro, u want to hear the dark secret or the marketing mojo....

Tell me which u want then I begin... Very targeted 1.. Depends on your liking...

Serious... Must choose 1 ah... Cannot greedy 1. Tonite, my wife went out and I free,...
dark secret...:D

by the way this forum is like one big big mcst...:D

East Lover
17-11-12, 16:32
Thanks for sharing bro. I hope the will increase the green and camouflage the grey.

In the first WV model at the main site, they greenery wasn't much but somehow many more 'grew' when it was transferred over to its new location at Tampines Central.

Hahah. The wonders of models. :D
Can we add more things/values to our WV? For example, airconded study room? I know AQBP has 2, DBR Library very good, can we do something to improve our landscape and facility?

chestnut
17-11-12, 16:36
dark secret...:D

by the way this forum is like one big big mcst...:D

Ok, this in the management committee do not get paid for the job. It is not an enviable job because u will kana question by owners during annual meeting....

But to some, it is worth it. As a committee member, u need to be involved in meeting to discuss which contractor to use for
- Maintenance of landscape within condo
- painting work
- security guards hiring
- agent to manage estate.

Now, comes the dark secret.... If your relative or friend in the above biz, u can sub to him... It is happening.... The amount is big OK....

So, that is the dark secret...

Nice story?

:D :D :D

auroraborealis
17-11-12, 16:37
gd idea, like the 1st yr shuttle bus service
mayb we shld try to lobby SL for shuttle bus route linking IKEA/Courts/Giant area to tampines mrt; all foreigner tenants like shuttle bus :D :D :D

Can we add more things/values to our WV? For example, airconded study room? I know AQBP has 2, DBR Library very good, can we do something to improve our landscape and facility?

radha08
17-11-12, 16:40
Ok, this in the management committee do not get paid for the job. It is not an enviable job because u will kana question by owners during annual meeting....

But to some, it is worth it. As a committee member, u need to be involved in meeting to discuss which contractor to use for
- Maintenance of landscape within condo
- painting work
- security guards hiring
- agent to manage estate.

Now, comes the dark secret.... If your relative or friend in the above biz, u can sub to him... It is happening.... The amount is big OK....

So, that is the dark secret...

Nice story?

:D :D :D

ya for sure la bro...this is definately happening...my ex condo annual meeting very dramatic..people bang table and shouting...last time i bo-chap...but for my upcoming condo...i will be joining the mcst...:D...i dont want to sub any contract for anybody but just benefit the whole development with my contribution...:spliff2:

East Lover
17-11-12, 16:41
gd idea, like the 1st yr shuttle bus service
mayb we shld try to lobby SL for shuttle bus route linking IKEA/Courts/Giant area to tampines mrt; all foreigner tenants like shuttle bus :D :D :D
How about during weekday, peak hour shuttle bus go tampines/bedok/payalabar for east-west line and circle line, off hour and weekend more go Giant and market, so auntie, grandma and maids all happy :D

I know Aquarius has shuttle bus to bedok and tampines ;) correct mr Tay?

chestnut
17-11-12, 16:44
ya for sure la bro...this is definately happening...my ex condo annual meeting very dramatic..people bang table and shouting...last time i bo-chap...but for my upcoming condo...i will be joining the mcst...:D...i dont want to sub any contract for anybody but just benefit the whole development with my contribution...:spliff2:

Bro, it an ungratifiable job.... It is like joining PAP type leh... U do what is good for the whole population(estate), the minority will kpkb.... Somemore, the minority voice very loud one.... See the similarity between mcst and pap.... Also need to be voted in and seconded... Hahahaha..

Wish u well... I am not cut out for such jobs.... If I am in, I will use up my allowance of 1 year hurling of vulgarities within 1 session. Hahahaha

auroraborealis
17-11-12, 16:46
paya lebar abit stretched lei, sis
But can try tampines n simei or bedok

then after 1st yr free, u go jio jio DBR MC to join WV shuttle service, then can lower MCST cost
Can go tampines, simei n ikea/giant in 1 loop :D

How about during weekday, peak hour shuttle bus go tampines/bedok/payalabar for east-west line and circle line, off hour and weekend more go Giant and market, so auntie, grandma and maids all happy :D

East Lover
17-11-12, 16:50
paya lebar abit stretched lei, sis
But can try tampines n simei or bedok

then after 1st yr free, u go jio jio DBR MC to join WV shuttle service, then can lower MCST cost
Sorry I mean macperson MRT. I ever took bus 8 to there to take circle line to MBS for seminar, end up very late :D

Yes, simei is a good idea, not for DBR, but changi hospital also got demand when we getting older :D :D :D

chestnut
17-11-12, 16:54
Sorry I mean macperson MRT. I ever took bus 8 to there to take circle line to MBS for seminar, end up very late :D

Yes, simei is a good idea, not for DBR, but changi hospital also got demand when we getting older :D :D :D

Choi, choi..... I pan tang leh.... :eek:

East Lover
17-11-12, 17:03
Choi, choi..... I pan tang leh.... :eek:
Hahaha :D how about weight mgmt program there? That one called wellness program :D :D :D

chestnut
17-11-12, 17:18
Hahaha :D how about weight mgmt program there? That one called wellness program :D :D :D

Sis, I do keep my physical in good shape leh.. For someone my age, I still get stares leh.... Hahahaha I tall, dark and used to be handsome... Hahahaha TCSS session... Wifey not around la.... Ging massage with kid in 5 min.

jbtay
17-11-12, 18:09

Correct sis, but I have never used leh..for the last 12 yrs. I think utilization used to be rather poor in the past, so its a waste as its paid thru the monthly fees, but nowadays with more foreigners, looks like more people using...
But I agree should have for WV. very few SBS buses there leh..compared with AQBP :sleep:

East Lover
17-11-12, 21:57
Ai yoh, I thought FEO can play magic to sell this QQ Bay sky high price? :doh:

900-1000 psf, so no confidence hah?? :cool:

bakasa2002
17-11-12, 22:27
u go jio jio DBR MC to join WV shuttle service, then can lower MCST cost

Maybe can jio aqbp, Clearwater, baywater, WF collection, Archi, tropica, wv and even arc to get economies of scale... :)

radha08
17-11-12, 22:31
Bro, it an ungratifiable job.... It is like joining PAP type leh... U do what is good for the whole population(estate), the minority will kpkb.... Somemore, the minority voice very loud one.... See the similarity between mcst and pap.... Also need to be voted in and seconded... Hahahaha..

Wish u well... I am not cut out for such jobs.... If I am in, I will use up my allowance of 1 year hurling of vulgarities within 1 session. Hahahaha

ha ha i know what u mean....maybe i just be mcst member of seaesta thread in condo.forum...:D

jbtay
18-11-12, 09:18
Maybe can jio aqbp, Clearwater, baywater, WF collection, Archi, tropica, wv and even arc to get economies of scale... :)

can try... btw theres always a shuttle bus at bedok reservoir view beside aqbp n clearwater around lunch time... Bedok Point Shuttle .. seen it a few times .. must be vy desperate for customers.. already like that how when bedok mall opens..
:sleep:

zeamybro
18-11-12, 09:25
can try... btw theres always a shuttle bus at bedok reservoir view beside aqbp n clearwater around lunch time... Bedok Point Shuttle .. seen it a few times .. must be vy desperate for customers.. already like that how when bedok mall opens..
:sleep:

Wth the closure of the biggest open air carpark at bedok central to make way for the multi storey carparks, it becomes a big challenge for drivers to find a lot at Bedok central. Think biz kinda affected

radha08
18-11-12, 10:09
Wth the closure of the biggest open air carpark at bedok central to make way for the multi storey carparks, it becomes a big challenge for drivers to find a lot at Bedok central. Think biz kinda affected

finding a carpark lot in bedok central during weekends is crazy...best to avoid the place:eek:

Kengar
18-11-12, 11:29
Bro, so is it blue shade?

True bro. Anyway, I alwas prefer a 'square' simple home. Not too cluttered ad without ID at work. Heheh. Maybe its just me.

Btw, drive past so decided to sneak peek again. From cp can see te real shade of window on the 8th storey of stack 18 for it has been peeled as removed.

Window panels up to the 8th story for stack 18 and they're busy whistling while painting Stack 14 and many were lost in the world of the 8. The pool seems to be their area of focus now. :p

desquire
18-11-12, 11:45
Bro, so is it blue shade?
The word used was 'shade' but if you look at the real one at the site itself, it reflected the exact blue which we can see in the booklet given to us upon arrival at the showroom 2 years ago.

So, jackpot. It's blue!:D

acidic.straw
18-11-12, 16:25

ya it is true ...can be very drama..what bro chestnut said is true also..people very good kpkb but ask them to join mcst to implement their ideas, they be the first to chabut...another thing..when you go relak at the pool, they swim up to you and unload a barrage of complaints into your ears..very jialat la..u become the complaints dept.

but also got good side..u drive things the way you want it...u become the soln rather than the problem...be cAreful of vested interest though...nowadays many people invited to lim kopi...not worth it...do everything transparently and openly...if chairman wants to award to brother-in-law company without going thru proper evaluatn, better object staing why and have it minuted...be smart cover backside...dun play play these days

chestnut
18-11-12, 16:33
100000% agree. I was in committee before. For 1 or 2 years... Cannot remember... Siam ah.....:eek: at least for me....:D

ya it is true ...can be very drama..what bro chestnut said is true also..people very good kpkb but ask them to join mcst to implement their ideas, they be the first to chabut...another thing..when you go relak at the pool, they swim up to you and unload a barrage of complaints into your ears..very

jialat la..u become the complaints dept.

but also got good side..u drive things the way you want it...u become the soln rather than the problem...be cAreful of vested interest though...nowadays many people invited to lim kopi...not worth it...do everything transparently and openly...if chairman wants to award to brother-in-law company without going thru proper evaluatn, better object staing why and have it minuted...be smart cover backside...dun play play these days

acidic.straw
18-11-12, 16:51
Went to bedok reservoir klkk this morning with camera..decided to take some pictures and share with all bro and sis in the FEC :D

acidic.straw
18-11-12, 16:55
Having problem uploading more pics...will try again later :(

East Lover
18-11-12, 17:18
Thanks! Nice photos :)

Many Inner blocks also completed the painting, some windows installed also.

maybe they will start the interior very soon as with windows they can do it regardless weather, namely 风雨无阻, 快马加鞭 :D

Went to bedok reservoir klkk this morning with camera..decided to take some pictures and share with all bro and sis in the FEC :D

leesg123
19-11-12, 15:29
Some more pic for you all taken today!

http://img607.imageshack.us/img607/7836/20121119092639.jpg
Thanks! Nice photos :)

Many Inner blocks also completed the painting, some windows installed also.

maybe they will start the interior very soon as with windows they can do it regardless weather, namely 风雨无阻, 快马加鞭 :D

acidic.straw
19-11-12, 19:00

acidic.straw
19-11-12, 19:04

acidic.straw
19-11-12, 19:10

acidic.straw
19-11-12, 19:14
#27 - Hopefully, a happy worker means good quality work:D

acidic.straw
19-11-12, 19:17
For #25 & #26, does anyone know what the rectangular hole is for? And why is the alignment all over the place? :beats-me-man:

forestfire
19-11-12, 20:07
Thank you so much Acidic.straw for the many well taken closed up photos.

Upon zooming in further, I noticed that the internal walls to the bedrooms are not brickwall but internal partitions with the aluminium frames in place. Am i right to assume thus?

desquire
19-11-12, 20:17

Look at how hard the poeple work!!! Image No.10!!!

Goodness. Really hard hard work!! So dangerous!!
God Bless those people for their hard work!

radha08
19-11-12, 20:17
For #25 & #26, does anyone know what the rectangular hole is for? And why is the alignment all over the place? :beats-me-man:

for small doggies to peep out...:D

desquire
19-11-12, 20:28
Image #25 + #26 probab;y the air holes... just for decorative purpose and they do it alternately in different positions... just my guess. It will probably be a small grill kinda thing.:sleep:

desquire
19-11-12, 20:36
Image #19 confirms the Mitsubishi Air-Conditioner but I'm still wondering if it's an inverter!! Hahahahah!!!

For a moment, I nearly fell off my chair laughing. Here at WV, we're really lucky to have friendly/comical people from all walks of life.

We have the part-time photographer, we have the professional one, not forgetting the close-up comical one! I really have a good time laughing.

How did you even get the close up shots so ever clear and with them even smiling at you!!! Give that man a tiger... Hahahahah!!!

**Don't tell us you managed to get inside secretly!!! SSShhhhhhh.... hahahhahahah!!!!

Nice work bro!! We love your close-ups!!:cheers4:

acidic.straw
19-11-12, 21:06
for small doggies to peep out...:D

LOL! Now why didn't I think of that?

acidic.straw
19-11-12, 21:13
Image #19 confirms the Mitsubishi Air-Conditioner but I'm still wondering if it's an inverter!! Hahahahah!!!

For a moment, I nearly fell off my chair laughing. Here at WV, we're really lucky to have friendly/comical people from all walks of life.

We have the part-time photographer, we have the professional one, not forgetting the close-up comical one! I really have a good time laughing.

How did you even get the close up shots so ever clear and with them even smiling at you!!! Give that man a tiger... Hahahahah!!!

**Don't tell us you managed to get inside secretly!!! SSShhhhhhh.... hahahhahahah!!!!

Thks bro! No secret infiltration la...just use longer lens and wave at workers and they will happily pose for you :D

acidic.straw
19-11-12, 21:15
Image #25 + #26 probab;y the air holes... just for decorative purpose and they do it alternately in different positions... just my guess. It will probably be a small grill kinda thing.:sleep:

The haphazard position is really a mystery to me:confused:

acidic.straw
19-11-12, 21:20
Thank you so much Acidic.straw for the many well taken closed up photos.

Upon zooming in further, I noticed that the internal walls to the bedrooms are not brickwall but internal partitions with the aluminium fra mes in place. Am i right to assume thus?

No prob :D You're right....they're not brick walls...looks like those office type of walls but perhaps thicker and hopefully stronger. Anyone familiar with the technicalities? Mr. Tay?

jbtay
19-11-12, 21:37
No prob :D You're right....they're not brick walls...looks like those office type of walls but perhaps thicker and hopefully stronger. Anyone familiar with the technicalities? Mr. Tay?

I would refer back to the contract specs .. on Walls b) Internal-Common clay brick/reinforcement concrete walls/cement and sand block/aerated block and/or DRY WALL (emphasis mine)
See attached BCA article on DRY WALL - a technological improvement :confused:
I read somewhere in some projects that someone could hear their neighbours talking :rolleyes: Well we will know come Xmas 13 :doh:
As for what seem like ventilation panels, beats me :confused: the staircase landing is half wall, unless they got something boxed up near the floor level that needs to be ventilated

spyro
19-11-12, 21:38
They r called dry wall a.k.a partition lah.:D Alot of projects r using this type of "walls" as its cheaper n faster to build.

jbtay
19-11-12, 21:47
Jokes aside, seems like dry walls have all the advantages and benefits and even save the developer construction costs, then how come we are paying more and more psf :banghead: Does this mean also I can remove the bedroom wall adjacent to the living room, since relocation of internal partition wall (as mentiioned in the BCA flyer) should be a breeze

chestnut
20-11-12, 07:09
Can I ask the early birds... Did u all get it at about 850 psf?

jbtay
20-11-12, 07:22

I got mine only in Jul 11 at 861 psf, 3 bedder 4th level, pool view :sleep:

chestnut
20-11-12, 07:36

Oh, good price hor... I got mine 898 psf stack 19.

Thanks for info... I just Kay poh...

desquire
20-11-12, 07:38
Mine was 898psf!!! 2nd Day VIP Preview. Nov 2010!! Dead!! hahahhahaha!, What to do?
:witches-brew:

chestnut
20-11-12, 07:45
Hey, the 2 of u will catch a glimpse of reservoir leh...

Got mine may 11. Very few unit left then to pick from.

desquire
20-11-12, 07:48

Yup, a little bit here and there. You hv a full quarry view. Beary berry nice leh... I no quarry. :samurai-killa:

chestnut
20-11-12, 08:02
Yup, a little bit here and there. You hv a full quarry view. Beary berry nice leh... I no quarry. :samurai-killa:

Bro, your hdb fully paid already? Remember, don't sell your hdb hor...

jbtay
20-11-12, 08:05

For lvl 4, a bit tough leh, its at about the height where the branches start, but for me, at AQBP its also 4th storey with pool view. That time, vy few units left with pool view and I guess some people hesitant to choose lvl 4 .. pan tang, but we are ok, at AQBP its #04-04 so can also say not bad leh ;) and we like this end of the reservoir, to me for stay-in, view is only one factor, I go to the park vy often, but of course a view from the top is quite mesmerizing vs a ground view ... still am pretty satisfied ...:sleep:

desquire
20-11-12, 08:19
Bro, your hdb fully paid already? Remember, don't sell your hdb hor...
Yup fully paid. The criteria was was never to sell the HDB. If wife wanted to sell HDB then I would not hv purchased WV. Hehe. :D

chmei
20-11-12, 08:36

We got it late (Aug 2011) so can say almost no choice as I am very particular about facing and the roads are a no-no (have lived at a junction before and it was not nice at all). In the end got ground floor in between 2 pools. 826psf.

jjtio
20-11-12, 10:18

same price as jbtay :)

Stoney Stone Stone
20-11-12, 11:34

Got it on Jan 11, Mid floor, 881 psf.

jbtay
20-11-12, 12:44
Just out of curiosity, based on web search, the following ongoing residential projects is reported to involve Buildables who is one of the specialist contractor of drywall partitions:
ARC @ Tampines, Centennial Suites Residential, Cube 8, D'leedon, Esparina Residences, The Foresta @ Mount Faber, Illuminaire, Interlace, Nouvel 18, L'Viv @ Newton, The Laurels @ Cairnhill Road, Le Nouvel Ardmore, NV Residences @ Pasir Ris Grove, The Miltonia Residences, The Minton Residential, The Pinnacle Collection, Sentosa Cove, Prive, Questa @ Dunman Riversound Residence, 24-25 Robin Road, Stevens Suites, Trivelis, Twin Peaks, Waterbank, The Waterline, Waterview, Vacanza @ East. ...

Apparently, it started with Savannah Condopark in 2005, when there was a shortage of sand and after 3 yrs of testing and convincing the authorities, the wall system was approved ... huat ah!!!Of course, 1 dry wall not same as another dry wall .. depends on specs, some can even be for wet area and soundproofing ... depends on the quality and qty of rockwool used .....:beats-me-man:

acidic.straw
20-11-12, 12:59
Wonder what's the Sound Transmission Class (STC) for WV? Anyway can find out? :confused:

STC 25 Normal speech can be heard easily
STC 30 Loud speech can be heard
STC 35 Loud speech can be heard, but not understood
STC 42 Loud speech can be heard only as a murmur
STC 45 Must strain to hear loud speech
STC 48 Only some loud speech can be heard
STC 53 Loud speech cannot be heard

East Lover
20-11-12, 13:43
mr tay, can use simple english to explain a bit further? :D

drywall - good or not good? sound proof?

Just out of curiosity, based on web search, the following ongoing residential projects is reported to involve Buildables who is one of the specialist contractor of drywall partitions:
ARC @ Tampines, Centennial Suites Residential, Cube 8, D'leedon, Esparina Residences, The Foresta @ Mount Faber, Illuminaire, Interlace, Nouvel 18, L'Viv @ Newton, The Laurels @ Cairnhill Road, Le Nouvel Ardmore, NV Residences @ Pasir Ris Grove, The Miltonia Residences, The Minton Residential, The Pinnacle Collection, Sentosa Cove, Prive, Questa @ Dunman Riversound Residence, 24-25 Robin Road, Stevens Suites, Trivelis, Twin Peaks, Waterbank, The Waterline, Waterview, Vacanza @ East. ...

Apparently, it started with Savannah Condopark in 2005, when there was a shortage of sand and after 3 yrs of testing and convincing the authorities, the wall system was approved ... huat ah!!!Of course, 1 dry wall not same as another dry wall .. depends on specs, some can even be for wet area and soundproofing ... depends on the quality and qty of rockwool used .....:beats-me-man:

East Lover
20-11-12, 13:44
wow, FEC really got talent! you can ask so technical questions!

Mr Tay, what's the answer? :p

Wonder what's the Sound Transmission Class (STC) for WV? Anyway can find out? :confused:

STC 25 Normal speech can be heard easily
STC 30 Loud speech can be heard
STC 35 Loud speech can be heard, but not understood
STC 42 Loud speech can be heard only as a murmur
STC 45 Must strain to hear loud speech
STC 48 Only some loud speech can be heard
STC 53 Loud speech cannot be heard

joycewangwen
20-11-12, 15:09
who can read the model no? first 3 alphabet is "MXY" or "MUX"? the former is for inverter, the later is for conventional.

auroraborealis
20-11-12, 15:12
oh oh I read MXY but abit blur image 19 so cannot 100% sure :D

who can read the model no? first 3 alphabet is "MXY" or "MUX"? the former is for inverter, the later is for conventional.

acidic.straw
20-11-12, 16:12
oh oh I read MXY but abit blur image 19 so cannot 100% sure :D

I check original image when I get home :p:)

jbtay
20-11-12, 16:23
mr tay, can use simple english to explain a bit further? :D

drywall - good or not good? sound proof?

Not to worry Sis, should be good. Anyway there are established standards. With two layer boards and steel struts, should have stc of around 40 to 50 which is comparable with brick walls. Buildables use Boral gypsum boards and Rondo struts which are quite well established. Gives us flexibility to reconfigure internal layout easier in future years. :cheers4:

NorthernStar
20-11-12, 16:24

Fig #21 clearer.. should be MXY and is a ceiling concealed inverter.

http://www.mitsubishielectric.com.sg/images/stories/starmex%20dialogue2.jpg

jbtay
20-11-12, 16:30
[QUOTE=acidic.straw][FONT=GillSans][SIZE=4][COLOR=#231f20][FONT=GillSans][SIZE=4][COLOR=#231f20][FONT=GillSans][SIZE=4][COLOR=#231f20]

From what I gather, should be around 40 to 50 with two gypsum boards and steel struts, the higher range if insulation is also used. So if your long range camera can pick up insulation being installed :cheers4: and many thks for the beautiful pics and also to leesg123

Kengar
20-11-12, 16:46
Hmm SL for once more generous instead of going for cheaper options? haha

Fig #21 clearer.. should be MXY and is a ceiling concealed inverter.

http://www.mitsubishielectric.com.sg/images/stories/starmex%20dialogue2.jpg

desquire
20-11-12, 17:05

Aircon specialist also hv!!!! Hahahahahah!!! :tongue3:
The people at WV can really turn the world upside down!!!:scared-3:
Yes, it's MXY!!!:D

We have been inverted!!:)

Eastguy
20-11-12, 18:44

Mine is stack 5, 7th floor, 3bedder, bought it at 867psf on 16th nov 2010..... Good??

forestfire
20-11-12, 19:33
In the photo Waterview Nov 12-95 (where you find brand of aircon) zoom into the bedroom window - you'll find the internal timber door.

Check it out.

acidic.straw
20-11-12, 19:37
Confirm aircon model. Sharpened and enlarged the photo so you can see it very clearly here :D

jbtay
20-11-12, 19:40
Hmm SL for once more generous instead of going for cheaper options? haha

Hmnn, so they are using the Starmex MSY Series Wall Mounted Type. We see only 2x MXY 4A38VA for the outdoor units (ie condensers), should there be 1 more ? For 3 bedders, I see 3 electrical isolators in the contract. But 3 is rather extravagant. More likely its 1 condenser to 2or3 fan coils (living and dining plus study if you have one) and the other condenser to the 3 bedroom fancoils for the 3 bedder. Then why two air con ledges 9each can take 2 condensers). AQBP has only 1 aircon ledge with 2 condensers and 2 isolators to 5 fan coils for the 3 bedder. :beats-me-man:

desquire
20-11-12, 19:52
Confirm aircon model. Sharpened and enlarged the photo so you can see it very clearly here :D

Maybe it's a trick. Different compressor in an impressive packaging. Hahahah!!:tongue3:

acidic.straw
20-11-12, 19:57
In case you want to get an idea on how big the window is, the middle window for the bedroom (stack 14 is 1007x1213mm)....apologies for the lousy photoshopping :o

acidic.straw
20-11-12, 19:58
Hmnn, so they are using the Starmex MSY Series Wall Mounted Type. We see only 2x MXY 4A38VA for the outdoor units (ie condensers), should there be 1 more ? For 3 bedders, I see 3 electrical isolators in the contract. But 3 is rather extravagant. More likely its 1 condenser to 2or3 fan coils (living and dining plus study if you have one) and the other condenser to the 3 bedroom fancoils for the 3 bedder. Then why two air con ledges 9each can take 2 condensers). AQBP has only 1 aircon ledge with 2 condensers and 2 isolators to 5 fan coils for the 3 bedder. :beats-me-man:

wow Mr.Tay, you the MAN! Expert la! :cheers5:

chestnut
20-11-12, 20:25
Mine is stack 5, 7th floor, 3bedder, bought it at 867psf on 16th nov 2010..... Good??

But of course.... :cheers4: :cheers4:

jbtay
20-11-12, 20:37
wow Mr.Tay, you the MAN! Expert la! :cheers5:

Oh no, no expert, me semi-retired, surf the net, learning new things each day. But not all info is useful.

Kengar
20-11-12, 21:44
We are seriously doing a forensic study of WV here :D

In case you want to get an idea on how big the window is, the middle window for the bedroom (stack 14 is 1007x1213mm)....apologies for the lousy photoshopping :o

chestnut
21-11-12, 06:45
Yup fully paid. The criteria was was never to sell the HDB. If wife wanted to sell HDB then I would not hv purchased WV. Hehe. :D

Bro, when top, your hdb rent out@ say 2.3k. I very conservative as u can see, always take lower end. Your WV use CPF from wifey and u to pay. I assume u can pay full because your house already full paid... Hahaha, some CSI work...
Every year u will have 27k.

10 years time- 270k + your other savings say 300k
Voila - 530k
20 years time 1 mil...

See how simple life is? So why think of selling your WV in worst case?

Plan the route... And u will see your destination. Plan it positively in your mind but prepare for worst case of selling... So harp on financial freedom and not harp on worst case. The mind is a powerful tool. If we believe we are sick, we will be sick. If we believe we are strong, we will be strong..

Welcome to the club of financial freedom...
Membership has its privileges.

Hahaha:spliff:

jjtio
21-11-12, 07:18
acidic.straw & jbtay >> thanks for the pics & commentary. both v informative. i know nutz abt such things. :P

kengar >> ya, we are doing forensics alright. *grin*

leesg123
21-11-12, 07:19
Bro, when top, your hdb rent out@ say 2.3k. I very conservative as u can see, always take lower end. Your WV use CPF from wifey and u to pay. I assume u can pay full because your house already full paid... Hahaha, some CSI work...
Every year u will have 27k.

10 years time- 270k + your other savings say 300k
Voila - 530k
20 years time 1 mil...

See how simple life is? So why think of selling your WV in worst case?

Plan the route... And u will see your destination. Plan it positively in your mind but prepare for worst case of selling... So harp on financial freedom and not harp on worst case. The mind is a powerful tool. If we believe we are sick, we will be sick. If we believe we are strong, we will be strong..

Welcome to the club of financial freedom...
Membership has its privileges.

Hahaha:spliff:
If his hdb is enbloc via SERS? Say 10yrs later.

jbtay
21-11-12, 08:34
Not to worry Sis, should be good. Anyway there are established standards. With two layer boards and steel struts, should have stc of around 40 to 50 which is comparable with brick walls. Buildables use Boral gypsum boards and Rondo struts which are quite well established. Gives us flexibility to reconfigure internal layout easier in future years. :cheers4:
btw sis, Buildables also list DBR as one of their projects. From what I can see in WV, only the walls adjoining living and b-rms and between b-rms plus also study will be drywalls - the basic type. The walls with doorways are brickwalls. I would guess also the kitchen, bathrooms and wet areas will be brickwalls, toughened drywalls for special duty like wet areas won't come cheap, and certainly more economical to get bangla to lay bricks. For the adjoining walls, simple square piece, no cut outs, simple to do and make it easy to put in cables/ aircon pipes etc.
So, maybe if you can tap on the walls at DBR and tell us ur experience. Gypsum board and bricks should sound different. Ha ha. :D

chestnut
21-11-12, 09:53
If his hdb is enbloc via SERS? Say 10yrs later.

Good question?

Very most, move back to SERs unit and rent out WV. Get more money from rental and price of new hdb also go up.... No double whammy, only double happiness.... Hppy Chinese new year... Hahahahaha:spliff: :cheers5:

leesg123
21-11-12, 09:57
Good question?

Very most, move back to SERs unit and rent out WV. Get more money from rental and price of new hdb also go up.... No double whammy, only double happiness.... Hppy Chinese new year... Hahahahaha:spliff: :cheers5:assuming the cooling measure not removed, i think WV has to be sold if move to new SERS unit. Then wait 5 yrs again, then can buy PC.

chestnut
21-11-12, 10:05
assuming the cooling measure not removed, i think WV has to be sold if move to new SERS unit. Then wait 5 yrs again, then can buy PC.

Oh, I really don't know leh... U have 2 choice...

Sell hdb or private lor....

I really not familiar w this ruling...

radha08
21-11-12, 17:08

bro is it the norm for new projects developer will raise price along the way??..of course if demand is good..just curious...:confused:

chestnut
21-11-12, 17:29
bro is it the norm for new projects developer will raise price along the way??..of course if demand is good..just curious...:confused:

Bro, when times are good, developer always raise prices along the way.... Sim Lian has raised the prices of WV but not a lot.

For far east, they are damn good... They will launch in phases... Phase 1, will tend to tpe the not so desirable block or lower floor... Once sold, they will announce big, big the success - 100% sold... Fr phase 1, phase 2 now available... Hahahah... The prices start going up for phase 2.

If the project is small, typical developer launch all units at once... Then if hot sell, they up the prices... Sometimes, to stimulate sales, they will announce to agents to tell the clients - developer will up price by 3% in 5 days.... Potential buyers will be pressured for fear of missing this 'golden opportunity'. Those bot, will feel shiok....

When times are bad, developers have been known to drop prices... Previous buyers were known to complain and kick a fuss to no avail....

Check this website - few even justifies why they sell hire than others.. Hahahaha
http://www.fareast.com.sg/en/Residential/For-Sale/FAQs.aspx

Go to their showroom... U will be mesmerized with their showroom.

If u go Honda showroom and then go say Volvo showroom, u will feel the difference... Bloody cofee served also different...

If u want free coffee and cookies, just go showroom of Volvo, lexus, Audi...

:cheers5: :cheers5:

desquire
21-11-12, 17:49
Bro, when times are good, developer always raise prices along the way.... Sim Lian has raised the prices of WV but not a lot.

For far east, they are damn good... They will launch in phases... Phase 1, will tend to tpe the not so desirable block or lower floor... Once sold, they will announce big, big the success - 100% sold... Fr phase 1, phase 2 now available... Hahahah... The prices start going up for phase 2.

If the project is small, typical developer launch all units at once... Then if hot sell, they up the prices... Sometimes, to stimulate sales, they will announce to agents to tell the clients - developer will up price by 3% in 5 days.... Potential buyers will be pressured for fear of missing this 'golden opportunity'. Those bot, will feel shiok....

When times are bad, developers have been known to drop prices... Previous buyers were known to complain and kick a fuss to no avail....

Check this website - few even justifies why they sell hire than others.. Hahahaha
http://www.fareast.com.sg/en/Residential/For-Sale/FAQs.aspx

Go to their showroom... U will be mesmerized with their showroom.

If u go Honda showroom and then go say Volvo showroom, u will feel the difference... Bloody cofee served also different...

If u want free coffee and cookies, just go showroom of Volvo, lexus, Audi...

:cheers5: :cheers5:

Haha!! You're definitely spot on. I'm a Honda freak. Now at VW not WV:D it's so different. Still hv apple juice. Hehe. I like!!:tongue3:

Kengar
23-11-12, 12:07
Hi Sis East Lover , any midges reports in Tropica recently?

radha08
23-11-12, 17:50
assuming the cooling measure not removed, i think WV has to be sold if move to new SERS unit. Then wait 5 yrs again, then can buy PC.

go see MP kpkb...:cheers1:

chestnut
25-11-12, 06:03
To all WVers, please hope my news is correct... So after the survey,it seems all bot below $900 psf... Sources tell me the ave psf will be >1000 psf... Hahahaha... So let's hope my information is correct... Anyway it is only slightly more than a month...

:) :) :) :)

This is like a repeat of clover by the park... Maybe sequel for me... Hahaha

East Lover
25-11-12, 08:50
Oh no, mine is above $900 psf :o direct price from SL, on the first day of preview ...

To all WVers, please hope my news is correct... So after the survey,it seems all bot below $900 psf... Sources tell me the ave psf will be >1000 psf... Hahahaha... So let's hope my information is correct... Anyway it is only slightly more than a month...

:) :) :) :)

This is like a repeat of clover by the park... Maybe sequel for me... Hahaha

East Lover
25-11-12, 08:54
Hi Sis East Lover , any midges reports in Tropica recently?
Bro, sorry these 2 weeks extremely busy, as I just collected key 3 weeks ago for my 2 bedders, need to do up a bit, in order to find good tenant, now need to find some good furnitures in good price...

On top of that, busy in school selection. Went to see so many school, until lost count :D

Maybe next weekend I can take some photos, hopefully by then majority of blocks finished the painting and windows :cheers3:

chestnut
25-11-12, 19:46
[QUOTE=East Lover]Oh no, mine is above $900 psf :o direct price from SL, on the first day of preview ...[/QUOTE

Sis, how much psf???

Yours premium stack leh.... If u want, I swap with you and top up difference lah..... And I top up 50 k... Special deal just for u,hahahahahaha

:D :D

chmei
27-11-12, 09:15
Bro, sorry these 2 weeks extremely busy, as I just collected key 3 weeks ago for my 2 bedders, need to do up a bit, in order to find good tenant, now need to find some good furnitures in good price...

On top of that, busy in school selection. Went to see so many school, until lost count :D

Maybe next weekend I can take some photos, hopefully by then majority of blocks finished the painting and windows :cheers3:

Hi Sis East Lover,,

Are you selecting Primary school for your child? If so, care to share your view of the schools you have seen?

We were rejected by St Hilda's as PV and now waiting for Red Swastika to get back to us.

auroraborealis
27-11-12, 11:24
latest transaction 2br @ 820k (duno which stack/flr though) :D

chestnut
27-11-12, 14:35
latest transaction 2br @ 820k (duno which stack/flr though) :D

Bro, check this out :

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/search/qbay-tampines/property-listings

Hahaha... Signs of times.... I think >1 k psf... If 1.1 k psf, we laughing to the bank.... We go celebrate drink champagne. Ok.:cheers4:
:cheers4: :cheers4:

jbtay
28-11-12, 16:14
My friend from Tropica, someone in Tropica told him that when FCL was clearing the forest area at QBay, some monkeys ran out and ran across the road into Tropica, presumably enroute to the reservoir. I used to see monkeys in the reservoirs some yrs ago and been wondering where they disappeared to. Now we know. Lets see if anyone spots them hereon.:scared-1:

East Lover
29-11-12, 09:51
My friend from Tropica, someone in Tropica told him that when FCL was clearing the forest area at QBay, some monkeys ran out and ran across the road into Tropica, presumably enroute to the reservoir. I used to see monkeys in the reservoirs some yrs ago and been wondering where they disappeared to. Now we know. Lets see if anyone spots them hereon.:scared-1:
really? if the monkeys are clever, they should run to quarry instead of reserviors, as it's much more place to hide, and much less people there :D

East Lover
29-11-12, 12:51
Hi Sis East Lover,,

Are you selecting Primary school for your child? If so, care to share your view of the schools you have seen?

We were rejected by St Hilda's as PV and now waiting for Red Swastika to get back to us.
dear, i'm selecting for secondary school :p

St Hilda is good, but Red Swastika also not bad. All the best to you!

jbtay
29-11-12, 14:25
dear, i'm selecting for secondary school :p

St Hilda is good, but Red Swastika also not bad. All the best to you!

Hi Sis, when selecting Sec Sch, you may want to note which Sch offers which subjects for O level. Eg some schools offer only pure Physics and pure Chemistry ie no option for Combined Science (Physics & Chemistry), which would be tough on the child with no aptitude for the pure Sciences.
One of the many many factors to consider :confused:. Wish you all the best.

East Lover
29-11-12, 16:02
Hi Sis, when selecting Sec Sch, you may want to note which Sch offers which subjects for O level. Eg some schools offer only pure Physics and pure Chemistry ie no option for Combined Science (Physics & Chemistry), which would be tough on the child with no aptitude for the pure Sciences.
One of the many many factors to consider :confused:. Wish you all the best.
too complicated. already sleepless for few days. now i just pray hard for my boy boy... hope we can have good news on 19-Dec :p

by the way, boys school better or mixed better?

jbtay
29-11-12, 16:36
too complicated. already sleepless for few days. now i just pray hard for my boy boy... hope we can have good news on 19-Dec :p

by the way, boys school better or mixed better?

ha ha, don't think it really matters, my 3 boys all went thru boys school. Finally its the overall school environment, learning culture and the sort of students it attracts. Nearness to home (in terms of time taken to get to school) plays an important part.... we can only do so much ....;)

imchar16
03-12-12, 21:12
Hello, good evening neighbours :cheers4:

Im at stack 32 ground floor... seen the table seems like im the only one from #32?

Kengar
03-12-12, 21:21
The blue windows of Stack 14 and 19 have reached Level 14 today :D

radha08
04-12-12, 00:13

Im at stack 32 ground floor... seen the table seems like im the only one from #32?

good evening...although i am many miles away in another upcoming condo...but anybody that live in a GND floor..i will...:cheers4: ..cheers with him...:D

payel
04-12-12, 12:02
The blue windows of Stack 14 and 19 have reached Level 14 today :D

So can we expect some super cool & exciting photos.....:cheers5:

East Lover
04-12-12, 14:40
So can we expect some super cool & exciting photos.....:cheers5:
coming coming

imchar16
04-12-12, 16:01
coming coming

I'm depending on this thread to see the progress of WV, since i have move out of Tampines for 4mths+ alr. I used to pass by WV every morning when i go work.
Last wk i went to Tampines, so happy to see it again and some blocks are painted white.

slcm06
05-12-12, 12:09

Hello fellow ground floor dweller!

guysg27
05-12-12, 14:50
Hi All,

I just got a sub-sale unit in WV and was told only 40% payment has been asked for till date.

Given the construction progress I thought it should atleast be 50%, can anyone advise how much payment has been requested by SL.

And when is next payment expected. Thanks

Kengar
05-12-12, 16:26
Hi guysg27, what is your stack number?

Looking at the progress, stack 14 and 19 should get called up first.

Hi All,

I just got a sub-sale unit in WV and was told only 40% payment has been asked for till date.

Given the construction progress I thought it should atleast be 50%, can anyone advise how much payment has been requested by SL.

zannchen
05-12-12, 17:02

Hello, I am at ground floor too...but stack 45.

:cool:

Daniel33
05-12-12, 19:42
Dear all,

If you are looking around for lighting for your home, Please do consider installing LED lightings.
http://imageshack.us/a/img19/1848/benefitsofledlight.jpg
http://imageshack.us/a/img17/5245/ledazzledsextusbanner.jpg

Ledazzled's 9W Samsung LED Chip downlight cost S$56 per piece and it comes with 3 years warranty. We provide free lighting consultation for home owners which we will advise on the layout of light fixtures(e.g. downlights) based on your floor plan.

For more information, please feel free to contact us at 63920353/97355642 or [email protected]. Our website is www.ledazzled.com and our prices are transparent.

In addition, if there is group buys of minimum 5 homes, a 5% discount will be given.

Warmest Regards,
Daniel
[email protected]
www.ledazzled.com

Stoney Stone Stone
05-12-12, 23:14
Hi All,

I paid 40%. Next payment will be 5% maybe in 2 month time.