PDA

View Full Version : Waterview (D18, 99-year Leasehold, Sim Lian Group)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29

hyenergix
24-05-12, 20:56
West sun is terrible. Developers must be nuts to design that.

bakasa2002
24-05-12, 21:05
I am currently staying in a flat that has a unblock view, frankly west sun is something I would NOT recommend, esp if living rm is facing it. Weekdays is ok cos' most of the time you be working and no one be at home but even then, the walls that is west facing will stay hot for a while. :( If u intend to stay at home to relax on 2-6pm on wkends, it can be quite horrid wo the ac on. I hate it ... Frank opinion. :)

My place does have tinted windows though not best quality ones. If you drive, you know that a parked car w best quality tint is of not much used, imagine a house w brick walls. :)

zeamybro
25-05-12, 00:33
For WV, we are at stack 46 and our balcony is aligned NW wheeas the stacks facing Ave 10, the balconies are aligned NE. so this time of the year, those balconies will get the sun, but note that these are mainly sliding glass doors and full height windows of the bedrooms. Glass windows do not retain heat, so only need to deal with the glare in the afternoon on weekends when we are at home and on weekdays, by the time we get home, the glare is no longer there. Anyway, the glass panels are tinted. All the best in your house hunting.

Hi pls correct me if I m wrong, but I would think the stacks facing Ave 10 are aligned to NW.

NW units will get west sun from Mar to Sep (with the hottest period), but they will escape from it during Sep to Mar.

So as what some forumers here hv mentioned, u would prob get the west sun for half the year (only).

jbtay
25-05-12, 08:10
Hi pls correct me if I m wrong, but I would think the stacks facing Ave 10 are aligned to NW.

NW units will get west sun from Mar to Sep (with the hottest period), but they will escape from it during Sep to Mar.

So as what some forumers here hv mentioned, u would prob get the west sun for half the year (only).

The balconies and bedroom windows are aligned NE to SW. If you look at the WV Sales Brochure, drawing , do note that N is not vertical in the drawing.
But you are correct that currently the sun is shining on those balconies and windows and will continue till about Sep.:sleep:

Anyway, any prospective purchaser I presume would walk around the site and esp along Ave 10, observe and feel the heat in the afternoon sun and listen to the traffic noise and judge for themselves, after all its a $1m investment. IMHO, for traffic noise, after a while the human brain will get used to it and if one is engrossed in something, you don't hear the background noise unless its a screeching motorbike or a ferrari tearing away...ha ha. However, any busy thoroughfare will always result in a bit more dust and soot into the living spaces, even though windows and balcony doors may be shut. Regular cleaning once a week should be ok though.

stinz
25-05-12, 08:15
I am currently staying in a flat that has a unblock view, frankly west sun is something I would NOT recommend, esp if living rm is facing it. Weekdays is ok cos' most of the time you be working and no one be at home but even then, the walls that is west facing will stay hot for a while. :( If u intend to stay at home to relax on 2-6pm on wkends, it can be quite horrid wo the ac on. I hate it ... Frank opinion. :)

My place does have tinted windows though not best quality ones. If you drive, you know that a parked car w best quality tint is of not much used, imagine a house w brick walls. :)

Thanks! same sentiments! thats really my consideration. my current bedroom faces only part of the west sun, but you can tell the difference already when you enter my room, and the rest of the rooms in the house.. mine feels so much warmer. no doubt the heat is not the main concern here, should be the glare i guess, my neighbour had the windows tinted, but i guess the quality of the tint (whatever you call that) is impt and must be able to withsthand the heat? cos i've seen really lousy tint and when we tint the window, i'm afraid i'll get the feeling its going to rain every now and then :doh:

Nevertheless, there are so many things to consider, reason for choosing WV is its almost walking dist to my in-laws place and cos i need their help0 to take care of my son, of cos can get re-sale, but then other factors come into place.
but its super tempting to get WV whenever i passed by, i will start counting how many floors they have completed :P so perhaps i should.. will keep you guys posted if me and my hubby decide to get a unit there yeah :cheers4:

forestfire
25-05-12, 08:25

units will get west sun from Mar to Sep (with the hottest period), but they will escape from it during Sep to Mar.

Hi you're correct for units facing Hall, Bedrooms facing NW (23rd Sept to 23 Mar) will get the setting sun coz the sun moves from W (equator) to the NW (tropic of cancer) & then come back down to the equator (W).

The other half of the year, they may be spared from the part of the setting sun. When the sun moves downwards to SW, the units may still get some setting sun but SW (in Nov-Feb) likely it may be shielded coz it shines on the end walls of the stretch of apartments.

But everything still needs to verify on site. ;)

Kengar
25-05-12, 11:25
More natural light into the house is good fengshui (i think) :cheers4:

forestfire
25-05-12, 11:44
[TE=stinz]Hi All,

I'm contemplating to get waterview as its super near m ove past there almost everyday for work, however the stacks left are not as ideal due to the fact that it is facing West, meaning, i will get all the west side, has anbody gotten the stacks facing the west sun? how should we deal with that? really hope some positive advises. thanks :)[/QUOTE]

Homes facing setting sun has heat & glare problems, I suggest

1) install darker tint reflective solar film on windows & sliding doors (hope WV MC would allow darker tint for the sake of the units facing Ave 10)
2) install ceiling fan in each room to get rid of the warm heat stored up the whole day, turn on the ceiling fans & open the windows when you come back home - it's very effective, cool very fast
3) double layers curtains-a day curtain to cut off the glare & a blackout curtain to keep out the heat.
4) keep the sliding door & windows ajar for wind to circulate, if someone is in the house the whole day
5) cool the room with the aircon for awhile, then switch to ceiling fan - that will also solve the problem

My 2 cents advice, hope it help you

testtest
25-05-12, 13:18

not really true, actually depending on the angle of the NW facing. those units facing ave 10 facing the west at about 50deg....which means that:

- on 22 June, the sun angle will be 73 deg
- on 22 dec, the sun angle will be 27 deg

been to a house with this facing before....and it is real bad in middle of the year, the sun will light up the whole house

you will get sun for the whole year but at a smaller angle during end of the year

zeamybro
25-05-12, 14:35
not really true, actually depending on the angle of the NW facing. those units facing ave 10 facing the west at about 50deg....which means that:

- on 22 June, the sun angle will be 73 deg
- on 22 dec, the sun angle will be 27 deg

been to a house with this facing before....and it is real bad in middle of the year, the sun will light up the whole house

you will get sun for the whole year but at a smaller angle during end of the year

Eh not very sure how to interpret your angel calculations, but i would thought during the Sep-Mar period, the west sun will come from a SW angle. Hence NW facing units will not get the SW sun ....

testtest
25-05-12, 18:24
Eh not very sure how to interpret your angel calculations, but i would thought during the Sep-Mar period, the west sun will come from a SW angle. Hence NW facing units will not get the SW sun ....

depending on the NW facing....sun sets at 23 deg north and south of west at dec and june respectively...try this link

http://suncalc.net/#/0.8777,103.2344,2/2012.05.25/17:54

pinkpolkadot
25-05-12, 18:48
What if the window room is facing south but one side of wall is facing West? Will the room get hot?

zeamybro
26-05-12, 00:20
depending on the NW facing....sun sets at 23 deg north and south of west at dec and june respectively...try this link

http://suncalc.net/#/0.8777,103.2344,2/2012.05.25/17:54

Testest, thanks for sharing! That's a very good website!

So when the sun sets at 23deg South of west, the NW units shld be spared ...

Kengar
28-05-12, 13:03
I believe the sun is currently angled towards the Quarry facing units, I was driving from Ave 1 into Ave 10 yesterday evening and noticed it. Best for you go take a look and see how comfortable you are on the actual grounds. :D

testtest
28-05-12, 14:58
Testest, thanks for sharing! That's a very good website!

So when the sun sets at 23deg South of west, the NW units shld be spared ...
well depending, if the NW facing is 50deg north of west, then you will still get 50+23=73eg of setting sun on 22 Dec, which is not to bad...only some part of the walls will get the direct sun

if the NW facing is, say 70deg north of west, then you will be spare of the setting sun on 22 Dec

paiseh, my earlier calculation was not so correct, the right convention should be 0deg of sun angle means directly into your house

- on 22 June, the sun angle will be 27deg :cool:
- on 22 dec, the sun angle will be 73deg :rolleyes:

testtest
28-05-12, 15:07
I believe the sun is currently angled towards the Quarry facing units, I was driving from Ave 1 into Ave 10 yesterday evening and noticed it. Best for you go take a look and see how comfortable you are on the actual grounds. :D

yes, this is the time that those NW facing unit will get the most of the setting sun...will max on 22 June and will be worst with the current hot weather

SW facing will get most at year end but usually it is rainy season and temperature is cooler then...that's why i prefer SW facing unit and must be greater than 70deg south of west

payel
30-05-12, 14:11
sun can rise from east, west. north, south from where ever it wants and try to make my unit hot.... I won't mind......but I want to get the unit as soon as possible:D:cheers6:

iwantgizmos
30-05-12, 14:15
sun can rise from east, west. north, south from where ever it wants and try to make my unit hot.... I won't mind......but I want to get the unit as soon as possible:D:cheers6:
Haha... Words from an enthusiatic home owner.... :)

bakasa2002
30-05-12, 14:56
Haha... Words from an enthusiatic home owner.... :)

Die Die must buy! What are the stacks still available for this proj? < $900psf?

desquire
30-05-12, 15:26
Die Die must buy! What are the stacks still available for this proj? < $900psf?
Price should be thereabouts. I'm surprised the units here still selling. Already 3 recorded for May. Not bad!! Come join the WV party for 2014!! haha. :D

East Lover
31-05-12, 21:29
What if the window room is facing south but one side of wall is facing West? Will the room get hot?
Yah, my mbr wall is facing west, window southwest facing, any solution on top of 3M window film? Will SL do something on the brick wall to block hot afternoon sun??

forestfire
01-06-12, 07:43
Yah, my mbr wall is facing west, window southwest facing, any solution on top of 3M window film? Will SL do something on the brick wall to block hot afternoon sun??

EastLover - if your MBR wall is facing west, likely you shall be getting (NW to SW) setting sun throughout the year. Part of the house facing SW shall be getting morning sun for half the year.

The developer shall have insulation built-in on your MBR wall, so that when you come back home in the evening & touch the wall - it won't be hot. If there's heat kept in the room for the whole day - open the windows and turn on ceiling fan. It's very effective to clear the room of its heat. Or you can turn on aircon for awhile - it'll cool off quite quick.

You must have the best stack in WV with this facing.

East Lover
01-06-12, 08:45
EastLover - if your MBR wall is facing west, likely you shall be getting (NW to SW) setting sun throughout the year. Part of the house facing SW shall be getting morning sun for half the year.

The developer shall have insulation built-in on your MBR wall, so that when you come back home in the evening & touch the wall - it won't be hot. If there's heat kept in the room for the whole day - open the windows and turn on ceiling fan. It's very effective to clear the room of its heat. Or you can turn on aircon for awhile - it'll cool off quite quick.

You must have the best stack in WV with this facing.
Hi forestfire, thanks for the sharing, that released my worry ;)

my unit is at stack 09, living hall and 3 rooms SW facing, one tiny room facing west, but I guess it can be sheltered by aircon ledge?

bakasa2002
01-06-12, 10:34
Price should be thereabouts. I'm surprised the units here still selling. Already 3 recorded for May. Not bad!! Come join the WV party for 2014!! haha. :D

tempted .... Any gd stacks left to recommend? I heard the amenities are quite far away. Rem visiting during launch and agent was telling me across the road got caltex star mart is 24 hrs. :(

Kengar
01-06-12, 13:04
tempted .... Any gd stacks left to recommend? I heard the amenities are quite far away. Rem visiting during launch and agent was telling me across the road got caltex star mart is 24 hrs. :(

Yup amenities are definitely not super near, at least 15mins walk away to the nearest neighbourhood center, or 2 bus stops away from Caltex busstop. Most stacks left are quarry facing ones. Not sure any pool facing left, they should be quite nice since they are open views to 2 pools like Tropica.

bakasa2002
01-06-12, 15:36
Yup amenities are definitely not super near, at least 15mins walk away to the nearest neighbourhood center, or 2 bus stops away from Caltex busstop. Most stacks left are quarry facing ones. Not sure any pool facing left, they should be quite nice since they are open views to 2 pools like Tropica.

I see, so means most of the one left will have west sun?

desquire
01-06-12, 17:34
I see, so means most of the one left will have west sun?

I supposed so. Only about 60 units left to choose from. Either those facing the Star Mart of the Blue Quarry. If it was me, I'll go for te quarry facing. :D

Kengar
01-06-12, 22:14
Sim Lian is hosting a "combined showflat event" for Trilliant and Centrale8 this weekend... got Feng Shui and Interior Design Talks :D

bakasa2002
01-06-12, 22:55
Sim Lian is hosting a "combined showflat event" for Trilliant and Centrale8 this weekend... got Feng Shui and Interior Design Talks :D
Not including WV right? :)

Kengar
01-06-12, 23:33
Not including WV right? :)

WV not likely in that "party".. but the layout and furnishings are pretty standard (recycled) across the recent Sim Lian projects. ;)

forestfire
02-06-12, 08:58
Hi forestfire, thanks for the sharing, that released my worry ;)

my unit is at stack 09, living hall and 3 rooms SW facing, one tiny room facing west, but I guess it can be sheltered by aircon ledge?

Hi EastLover, good news - your stack is 09 - then you will get only W to SW setting sun (from Oct till Apr). Previously I said "setting sun throughout the year - I thought of another unit. The setting sun from W to NW, NW to W (May till Oct) shall be blocked by stacks 13 & 14.

Congrats! :)

jbtay
02-06-12, 10:29
How come one 3BR at 768psf?
I thought prices went up 2%!! In anticipation of Grexit.

WATERVIEW TAMPINES AVENUE 1 Condominium 1 909,000 1,184 Strata 768 May-12
WATERVIEW TAMPINES AVENUE 1 Condominium 1 808,000 980 Strata 825 May-12
WATERVIEW TAMPINES AVENUE 1 Condominium 1 845,000 926 Strata 913 May-12

jbtay
02-06-12, 10:33
How come one 3BR at 768psf?
I thought prices went up 2%!! In anticipation of Grexit.

WATERVIEW TAMPINES AVENUE 1 Condominium 1 909,000 1,184 Strata 768 May-12
WATERVIEW TAMPINES AVENUE 1 Condominium 1 808,000 980 Strata 825 May-12
WATERVIEW TAMPINES AVENUE 1 Condominium 1 845,000 926 Strata 913 May-12

Oops, my mistake, 2BR with PES. :doh:

csong
02-06-12, 22:49
I bought a unit in may. I was told by my agent that there is no shuttle bus to the mrt. Can someone confirm if it is true?

forestfire
02-06-12, 23:18
I bought a unit in may. I was told by my agent that there is no shuttle bus to the mrt. Can someone confirm if it is true?

This matter, I think it could be arranged with the mc - shouldn't be a problem

Kengar
03-06-12, 00:38

Hi welcome to the family, which stack did u get?

When we bought it in 2010, the agent says there will be shuttle service for first year from TOP.

desquire
03-06-12, 03:33
A great welcome to ulu Tampines. I can assure you that there'll be a shuttle to the MRT in the first year for sure like Bro Kengar mentioned. Yeah!!

Enjoy your stay here with FEC of WV!!!:p

desquire
03-06-12, 03:42
I was there earlier today with my family to recce the place. It sure looks good as it gets ahead. The snail has reached the 8th level while the front runners are almost at its peak.

Beautiful sight. Another EC coming up just beside Caltex, with a full quarry view. The Watercolours are selling so well and even River Isle is snapped up like hot cakes. I still love the serenity and re peacefulness of WV. No regrets. We love the area. Purrfect!!:D

huddy
03-06-12, 08:57
Anyone notice on one of the tiny little blue cranes has grown up taller? They are in good progress :)

Eastguy
03-06-12, 12:38
Anyone notice on one of the tiny little blue cranes has grown up taller? They are in good progress :)

Progress seems pretty good.

Eastlover - Any latest helicopter view picturesof WV

:cheers4:

csong
03-06-12, 12:47
I am on stack 20 facing the quarry. Hopefully the beautiful quarry view will override the afternoon sun and noisy traffic below. I am hoping that the afternoon sun will shine at a angle hitting the living room balony and as the main road has a traffic light, all vehicles should slow down so it should not be too noisy and dusty.

hyenergix
03-06-12, 17:45
I am on stack 20 facing the quarry. Hopefully the beautiful quarry view will override the afternoon sun and noisy traffic below. I am hoping that the afternoon sun will shine at a angle hitting the living room balony and as the main road has a traffic light, all vehicles should slow down so it should not be too noisy and dusty.

Mind over matter :old-chinese-guy:

jbtay
03-06-12, 18:47
Hi welcome to the family, which stack did u get?

When we bought it in 2010, the agent says there will be shuttle service for first year from TOP.

Yes, SL will provide as its no additional cost to SL, The cost will just come out from the monthly maintenance fee, excess of which goes to the Sinking Fund, after the first year, its then up to the MC to decide if they wish to continue. At Aquarius, we have shuttle buses, but not heavily used as most have own transport. At one time, have to buy coupons as the MC (residents voted on this) willing only to subsidise part of the cost as the benefit service does not benefit everyone). At the end of the day, its cost vs the image of the condo.

MelAu
07-06-12, 15:09
Hi all, i have just purchased an unit in Waterview and just want to drop by to say hi to everyone! :)

csong
07-06-12, 16:22
Welcome Mel Au to the family. By the way which stack did you purchased?

jitkiat
07-06-12, 16:31
Waterview rising

MelAu
07-06-12, 16:55
Thanks! Mine is stack 12, but only level 4.

Quite worried that my views will be blocked by the trees! :beats-me-man:

But really like the surrounding as it is peaceful and quiet, so we bite the bullet and hope for the best! :jump-for-joy:

jbtay
07-06-12, 16:55
Waterview rising

Lovely pic. Thanks. Almost 6 mths pass just like that. Another year and flower about to bloom. By then, wonder if Europe have got their act together, one way of the other. :cheers1:

East Lover
07-06-12, 17:26
Waterview rising
thanks! nice view indeed!

East Lover
07-06-12, 17:28

But really like the surrounding as it is peaceful and quiet, so we bite the bullet and hope for the best! :jump-for-joy:
Welcome to FEC!

If you can see your unit from the above pitcture, i guess you will have a nice view also from your unit to other side :)

By the way, stack 12 is the most fastest stack gone during day one of preview. how come you only purchased recently? bought from resale market?

MelAu
07-06-12, 17:35
Thanks East Lover!

I am not too sure if i can see my unit from the picture though...still quite new to the development, so not very familiar with the layout. But the trees seem to be very tall to me! :scared-4:

Yup, we bought the unit from the resale market. We only started hunting for a new house quite recently and wanted one that is going to TOP next year. Hopefully we have made a good choice!

But judging from all the friendly and warm replies on this forum, i have no doubt it will be a good choice indeed! :spliff:

jbtay
07-06-12, 18:41
Thanks East Lover!

I am not too sure if i can see my unit from the picture though...still quite new to the development, so not very familiar with the layout. But the trees seem to be very tall to me! :scared-4:

Yup, we bought the unit from the resale market. We only started hunting for a new house quite recently and wanted one that is going to TOP next year. Hopefully we have made a good choice!

But judging from all the friendly and warm replies on this forum, i have no doubt it will be a good choice indeed! :spliff:

Yes, Welcome to FEC. The trees are closer to the edge of the reservoir. With some luck, may be able to see in between those trees depending on the trees SL may want to put in around the condo's edge. But nothing beats the serenity of the surroundings and closeness to nature.

East Lover
07-06-12, 18:44
Thanks East Lover!

Yes, it's really a good project for own stay. And stack 12 is one of the best stacks, most effecient layout, unblock water view and more and more!

Our WV thread is one of the most popular threads in this forum, :) you will surely have a lot of friendly future neighbours here :p

desquire
07-06-12, 20:08

Welcome home!! Fantastic buy!! I thought that the stack was long gone. You must be very lucky. I must admit it's a good stack!!!

We all bite the bullet too. Nearly choked over it. Haha. Well, we have slowly learnt to swallow it down our throats slowly. Mow it's halfway there. Getting into the stomach and intestines soon. Hehe.

Enjoy your stay here!!:D

desquire
07-06-12, 20:13
Thanks East Lover!

I am getting too excited that I miss this post from you. Wow!!! Great buy really!!

A loss for the buyer and I'm definitely sure you'll love this place. Hehe. Hooray!:p

East Lover
08-06-12, 08:41
I am getting too excited that I miss this post from you. Wow!!! Great buy really!!

A loss for the buyer and I'm definitely sure you'll love this place. Hehe. Hooray!:p
ai yoh, see NV thread talking about xx% payment already, very sian leh... I haven't heard anything from my lawyer for long time liao!

Maybe SL is too busy in new project to collect $$$? initially SL said must pay the marble upgrade by end of 2011, now changed to pay upon TOP. Can we say SL is very generous?? :D :D :D

desquire
08-06-12, 08:55
ai yoh, see NV thread talking about xx% payment already, very sian leh... I haven't heard anything from my lawyer for long time liao!

Maybe SL is too busy in new project to collect $$$? initially SL said must pay the marble upgrade by end of 2011, now changed to pay upon TOP. Can we say SL is very generous?? :D :D :D
The best things are worth the wait. Be patient a little more. It will come sooner than we can think. After much comment from fellow Waterviewers, I guess the location is either a love it or hate it kinda thing. There's no two ways about it.

No MRT for for people like us, it's a beautiful home stay in the East, minus the salt content water, we have desalinated water. Hahaha. :)

jbtay
08-06-12, 09:48
The best things are worth the wait. Be patient a little more. It will come sooner than we can think. After much comment from fellow Waterviewers, I guess the location is either a love it or hate it kinda thing. There's no two ways about it.

No MRT for for people like us, it's a beautiful home stay in the East, minus the salt content water, we have desalinated water. Hahaha. :)

One year will pass by pretty fast. As for MRT, actually, its not that far from DTL Tampines West Stn. My son sometimes walk back from T Poly to Aquarius in the evening in about 10 mins and its quite a pleasant walk, in fact he's already home whilst his friends still waiting for the bus. So from WV to TW Stn, 20 mins leisurely walk when there's no sun, and no heavy load to carry, walkable.
Now that the bus terminal at Bedok is a little far from the MRT, occasionally I walk back, a gd 30 mins in the evening, still doable and quite refreshing.
Only thing missing are the kopitiams and chi char stalls and neighbourhood groceries for emergencies.

csong
08-06-12, 09:56
East Lover, not to worry. The lower floors owners have to pay first and gradually the higher floors owners. I got the letter from my lawyer to pay the 10% foundation work yesterday. The letter showed that payments for the concrete framework has reached upto 10th floors and brick walls upto 3rd floors for block 81.

desquire
08-06-12, 10:05
One year will pass by pretty fast. As for MRT, actually, its not that far from DTL Tampines West Stn. My son sometimes walk back from T Poly to Aquarius in the evening in about 10 mins and its quite a pleasant walk, in fact he's already home whilst his friends still waiting for the bus. So from WV to TW Stn, 20 mins leisurely walk when there's no sun, and no heavy load to carry, walkable.
Now that the bus terminal at Bedok is a little far from the MRT, occasionally I walk back, a gd 30 mins in the evening, still doable and quite refreshing.
Only thing missing are the kopitiams and chi char stalls and neighbourhood groceries for emergencies.
Once the place is up, we will be at the balcony enjoying the beautiful pool and reservoir view for breakfast, lunch, tea, dinner and supper from Friday till Sunday till we get sick.

Plan to stock up the fridge and tidbits cabinet with sufficient stuff to munch whole day long over the weekend. This beats a good chalet and BBQ at the same time. We can hv all we want at the comfort of our own home.

Once a while a drive down to Giant for groceries and the newly built MRT at TP is a blessing to us. Transport has never been an issue to us, especially here in Singapore. There are many different modes for us to choose from apart from outlw own private vehicles. :ashamed1:

Kengar
08-06-12, 11:43
Welcome again to our 2 new members! :D

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-lHJGrTjJObg/T9F0kcctOmI/AAAAAAAAAQs/MQhsAoTzaCU/s640/Fullscreen%2520capture%2520682012%2520114129%2520AM.jpg

mr_chongfs
08-06-12, 13:47
Wa, very good compilation indeed.

MelAu
08-06-12, 14:20
Thank you for the warm welcome!:D

Can i check if it is too late for me now to write in to SL to request for certain changes e.g. sealing of the MBR door to the backyard and stuff like that?

If it is too late, can i engage my own ID to do it after TOP? I heard you are not allow to make any changes to the interiors to avoid voiding the warranty by SL? Is this correct?

Kengar
08-06-12, 15:37
Yes I suspect it may be too late to ask for modifications now, but you still check with Shirley from Sim Lian.

It is best you call her directly for an immediate response.

Shirley Koh
DID: 6303 6163
[email protected]

Can i check if it is too late for me now to write in to SL to request for certain changes e.g. sealing of the MBR door to the backyard and stuff like that?

If it is too late, can i engage my own ID to do it after TOP? I heard you are not allow to make any changes to the interiors to avoid voiding the warranty by SL? Is this correct?

jbtay
08-06-12, 15:39

You can try speaking to Shirley Koh. She will be able to advise you.
A very soft spoken and helpful person.

Shirley Koh
SIM LIAN GROUP LIMITED

DID: 6303 6163
Fax: 6763 3542
email: [email protected]

desquire
08-06-12, 16:47
Hi MelAu, hope you hv a good conversation with the ever nice Shirley and get a positive outcome out of it. Hehe.

Btw 5 units grabbed in May with a special secret unit of 1184 going at 768psf for a lowerfloor. I wonder who is that lucky person. Good buy!!:D

jbtay
08-06-12, 17:00
Hi MelAu, hope you hv a good conversation with the ever nice Shirley and get a positive outcome out of it. Hehe.

Btw 5 units grabbed in May with a special secret unit of 1184 going at 768psf for a lowerfloor. I wonder who is that lucky person. Good buy!!:D

Ha ha, you missed my earlier post. I thought so, initially. 1184 is also for 2BR+study with large PES. (There's also 1184 for 3BR+Study non PES).

desquire
08-06-12, 17:22
Ha ha, you missed my earlier post. I thought so, initially. 1184 is also for 2BR+study with large PES. (There's also 1184 for 3BR+Study non PES).
Haha. What is this PES/Pest thing? Hehe. The ground floor balcony? Must be it right?

Unfortunately, the collection of words in my 'condo' dictionary is limited. Hahaha. :D

jbtay
08-06-12, 18:39
Haha. What is this PES/Pest thing? Hehe. The ground floor balcony? Must be it right?

Unfortunately, the collection of words in my 'condo' dictionary is limited. Hahaha. :D

Yes, I was struggling with all these acronyms too initally. PES - Private Enclosed Space.:cool:

East Lover
08-06-12, 20:55

So how many units unsold till today?
If all sold old, SL will not build the showflat at actual units hehehe :D

desquire
08-06-12, 21:15
So how many units unsold till today?
If all sold old, SL will not build the showflat at actual units hehehe :D
This SL really slow and steady. As I know 5 sold this month so far which means 61 more to go. By TOP confirm sell out. The way of the fengshui at WV. Hahaha. All planned accordingly.

After TOP when people change their mindsets and all 'MRT condo' complain of the noise and all, the gem of WV will be unveiled. The best in Tampines at least along with elder sister Tropica. Hehe. :p

East Lover
09-06-12, 13:02
This SL really slow and steady. As I know 5 sold this month so far which means 61 more to go. By TOP confirm sell out. The way of the fengshui at WV. Hahaha. All planned accordingly.

After TOP when people change their mindsets and all 'MRT condo' complain of the noise and all, the gem of WV will be unveiled. The best in Tampines at least along with elder sister Tropica. Hehe. :p
I dun understand. Nowsadays PC average psf is above 1000 Liao, with 8xx/psf, why SL can't clear the leftover fast? Maybe the heavy traffice in ave 1&10 overweight the beautiful view of Tampines quarry??

Any guess for the selling point of new EC opt WV?:D

joycewangwen
09-06-12, 14:11
I dun understand. Nowsadays PC average psf is above 1000 Liao, with 8xx/psf, why SL can't clear the leftover fast? Maybe the heavy traffice in ave 1&10 overweight the beautiful view of Tampines quarry??

I think SL is doing a lousy job in advertising its projects.:tongue3::tongue3:

bakasa2002
09-06-12, 15:23

That plot is for a PC, not a EC, it's won by Far East, Frasers and Sekisui. Only EC around that area should be Arc@Tampines.

http://www.h88.com.sg/article/Site+at+Tampines+Ave+10%2C+north+of+Bedok+Reservoir%2C+only+gets+three+bids.+We+are+not+surprised/

desquire
09-06-12, 15:24

WV=Ulu Tampines. No MRT. 99 leasehold. Area already developed, nothing to look forward to. 696 units!! Too many for privacy. What else might they be thinking?

Anyone to add? Haha. :D

bakasa2002
09-06-12, 15:30
I think SL is doing a lousy job in advertising its projects.:tongue3::tongue3:

SL will sell the remaining proj slow n steady as they are confident can clear the units when proj TOP. Typically holding a small amt of units is no problem, cos' they wld have break even if they sold more than 60% of proj. it will also mean they earn more when they sell upon TOP, cos' some buyers prefer to see actual units before buying. I am speaking from experience cos' I viewed some units when Clover by the Park and in fact they were snapped up pretty fast when I checked back again few weeks after viewing! :)

zannchen
09-06-12, 15:31
New here!

Hello all.

desquire
09-06-12, 15:39
That plot is for a PC, not a EC, it's won by Far East, Frasers and Sekisui. Only EC around that area should be Arc@Tampines.

http://www.h88.com.sg/article/Site+at+Tampines+Ave+10%2C+north+of+Bedok+Reservoir%2C+only+gets+three+bids.+We+are+not+surprised/
Whatever happens, the location of WV is cemented in such a way that what you see is what you get. The surrounding areas are more or less there already.

The development will not be blocked by any other new developments and the space there is decent. The others might be in for a shock should another new one sprout out the next day.

Hmmm. Maybe someone decided to reclaim reservoir. Reclaim quarry which was promised to stay or even built another development across the 'longkang'. Hahaha!!!:sleep:

desquire
09-06-12, 15:49
New here!

Hello all.
Hi there. Welcome in. Did you get enchanted by WV too? Which was your choice of stack? Our dearest FEC friends can update the latest list. Hehe. :D

zannchen
09-06-12, 15:50
Hi there. Welcome in. Did you get enchanted by WV too? Which was your choice of stack? Our dearest FEC friends can update the latest list. Hehe. :D

Already brought mine. stack 45. :)

East Lover
09-06-12, 20:36

OIC! If it's taken up by FEO, then they can surely sell at record high price, and will benefit our WV! Good news to us!

East Lover
09-06-12, 20:40
WV=Ulu Tampines. No MRT. 99 leasehold. Area already developed, nothing to look forward to. 696 units!! Too many for privacy. What else might they be thinking?

Anyone to add? Haha. :D
Dont like that lah! Pls be proud of our condo!
If FEO won the plot oppt WV, maybe they know something which u duno :rolleyes: LRT station coming soon? Another MRT line? Redevelop the Tampines quarry? As ppl always say, existing is comming.... Let's see :D

East Lover
09-06-12, 20:42
Already brought mine. stack 45. :)
Welcome to our FEC!

azeoprop
09-06-12, 20:55
At least many units of WV will get total unblocked views of of bedok reservoir + quarry lake + city views. Its the best view in that area liaoz.

:o

yjcai
09-06-12, 21:23
Unlikely quarry will shift, because land reclaimation always in the east, suspect got millitary facilities.

Unlikely new mrt line because dosen't leverage on Punggol to Changi, location is off by few km.

It is a dead corner for sure after dtl priced in. And a bit risky to buy this location due to lack of ammneties. WV can only be 100% for stay with water views! With this consideration, I think this is a good deal due to low PSF, okish floorplan and do not know how Sim Lian going to build WV hehe. Cannot say the same for Arc@Tampines opposite when I saw a floor plan with 3x balcony.

East Lover
09-06-12, 22:33
Hi EastLover, good news - your stack is 09 - then you will get only W to SW setting sun (from Oct till Apr). Previously I said "setting sun throughout the year - I thought of another unit. The setting sun from W to NW, NW to W (May till Oct) shall be blocked by stacks 13 & 14.

Congrats! :)
Hi thanks! Sorry that I some how overlooked ur reply :ashamed1:

My current one is south-east facing, very cool. So a bit worry abt the hot afternoon sun in my WV unit. Ur reply released my worries :) Some bro here also said oct to April is raining reason in Singapore , so hopefully the afternoon sun is no so hot to stack 09 ;)

desquire
10-06-12, 10:05
Dont like that lah! Pls be proud of our condo!
If FEO won the plot oppt WV, maybe they know something which u duno :rolleyes: LRT station coming soon? Another MRT line? Redevelop the Tampines quarry? As ppl always say, existing is comming.... Let's see :D
I'm very contented with WV else I won't have jumped into it like you do. :D :p But those seemed to be the comment made by the people about why WV is not their preferred choice.

Their dicontentment is our joy!!!;)

jbtay
10-06-12, 15:37
Sometime in the future..... ha ha ... saturday nite....:D

Kengar
10-06-12, 16:05
https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-QuU-Wv-PC8c/T9RVxSk85-I/AAAAAAAAAQ4/65jtxuC2z8A/s337/Like.jpg

I believe the current afternoon view should be also enchanting, blue sky and blue waters.

Kengar
10-06-12, 16:10
Bro jbtay.. did u go up into the the reservoir facing stack and took this picture? :D

desquire
10-06-12, 16:17
How much did you pay the workers to get up there? Haha. I'm praying hard each day that I can get that pocket view from my unit. Else really wasted. Hehe:D

jbtay
10-06-12, 16:49
How much did you pay the workers to get up there? Haha. I'm praying hard each day that I can get that pocket view from my unit. Else really wasted. Hehe:D

You should get a pretty good pocket view. That gap at the bbq area btw blk 79 and 81, no trees on the reservoir side and from stack 42 should be pretty clear, whereas for me at stack 46 and at the 4th storey will need much more luck. Still at least I will get a similar pool view as what I'm having now plus hopefully a 5 deg slice of the reservoir ....:p

jbtay
10-06-12, 16:56
Bro jbtay.. did u go up into the the reservoir facing stack and took this picture? :D

Bro Kengar, this view is from stack 13 :D ....our little secret ...MOM might stop work if they find out I was up there ....:doh:

desquire
10-06-12, 17:20
Bro Kengar, this view is from stack 13 :D ....our little secret ...MOM might stop work if they find out I was up there ....:doh:
Haha. I like this one!!! Shhhh, pretty sight. Love this.

If I can't get a nice view I might want to releasing back the unit into the market although I hope not. ;)

East Lover
10-06-12, 19:32
好美的湖光山色!Thanks! 请问是几楼?which floor??

jbtay
10-06-12, 20:57
好美的湖光山色!Thanks! 请问是几楼?which floor??

whoa! my chinese only pri 1, LKY convinced me to switch to bahasa in pri 2.. very big mistake...lucky I still got my chinese plus add-in for ms word, ha ha

hǎo 好 měi 美 de 的 hú 湖 guāng 光 shān 山 sè 色!
qǐng 请 wèn 问 shì 是 jǐ 几 lóu 楼

Blk 61 13th floor ...:ashamed1:

East Lover
10-06-12, 21:33
whoa! my chinese only pri 1, LKY convinced me to switch to bahasa in pri 2.. very big mistake...lucky I still got my chinese plus add-in for ms word, ha ha

hǎo 好 měi 美 de 的 hú 湖 guāng 光 shān 山 sè 色!
qǐng 请 wèn 问 shì 是 jǐ 几 lóu 楼

Blk 61 13th floor ...:ashamed1:
很好,有学问!:p
But does WV have block 61? Do u mean Tropica blk 61??:rolleyes: 那岂不是让那俩位兄弟白白担心了?:D

jbtay
10-06-12, 22:01
[QUOTE=East Lover]
hěn 很 hǎo 好, yǒu 有 xué 学 wèn 问!

nà 那 qǐ 岂 bú 不 shì 是 ràng 让 nà 那 liǎng 俩 wèi 位 xiōng 兄 dì 弟 bái 白 bái 白 dān 担 xīn 心 le 了?

Ya, my ex-colleague's condo, haven't yet invited myself over, pic taken by his wife from the bedroom. How nice!! envy leh...

I can't read/write chinese, but can understand the spoken word as my 4 older sisters all attend chinese medium schools, also watch a lot of wu xia pian...am sure our 2 bros know I was pulling their legs!!;)

Kengar
10-06-12, 22:24
Haha i roughly guessed :D but it would be a nice surprise if a WV worker could help us take a picture from the :D actual site.

[quote=East Lover]
hěn 很 hǎo 好, yǒu 有 xué 学 wèn 问!

nà 那 qǐ 岂 bú 不 shì 是 ràng 让 nà 那 liǎng 俩 wèi 位 xiōng 兄 dì 弟 bái 白 bái 白 dān 担 xīn 心 le 了?

Ya, my ex-colleague's condo, haven't yet invited myself over, pic taken by his wife from the bedroom. How nice!! envy leh...

I can't read/write chinese, but can understand the spoken word as my 4 older sisters all attend chinese medium schools, also watch a lot of wu xia pian...am sure our 2 bros know I was pulling their legs!!;)

desquire
10-06-12, 22:33
Haha i roughly guessed :D but it would be a nice surprise if a WV worker could help us take a picture from the :D actual site.

[quote=jbtay]
I can't understand a character of Chinese as well bhahhaha. Maybe can try give a man a tiger to motivate him snap a picture. Tell him that it would make many hungry lions happy!!! Hehehe:p

zannchen
11-06-12, 13:31

Nice view. Too bad, mine don't have the view. LOL :doh:

East Lover
11-06-12, 13:54

I can't understand a character of Chinese as well bhahhaha. Maybe can try give a man a tiger to motivate him snap a picture. Tell him that it would make many hungry lions happy!!! Hehehe:p
bro desquire? do you wanna to try? you will have full support from us! hahaha :D

Kengar
11-06-12, 14:04
I will sponsor 2 cans of Tiger.. roarrrr!! :cheers5:

bro desquire? do you wanna to try? you will have full support from us! hahaha :D

azeoprop
12-06-12, 15:02
Update 12th June 2012. :)

Kengar
12-06-12, 15:49
Great Pic Bro! Thanks!

Does it look like Level 13 already?

Maximum height should be the same as Tropica when it reaches the top.

Feels like chopping that big tree away man! :gun3:

Update 12th June 2012. :)

Denlim
12-06-12, 16:11
Great Pic Bro! Thanks!

got the same thought too n wonder if it is possible.....

cnud
12-06-12, 16:21
Nice project at WV! At the other side of Bedok Reservoir away from the crowded Waterwaves area...

The one next to it is Tropical? Rental for 2BR above $3500?

East Lover
12-06-12, 19:53
Great Pic Bro! Thanks!

Me same! What's the right party to approach if we want to chop that big tree? National park? Pub?? Or our dear MP?:D

Or we give a box of tigers to our friends, to do at midnight ??:D

joycewangwen
13-06-12, 08:39
Me same! What's the right party to approach if we want to chop that big tree? National park? Pub?? Or our dear MP?:D

Or we give a box of tigers to our friends, to do at midnight ??:D

maybe 1 week 黑豆饭 for each tree you chop down...:D:D:D

1 year is good enough to chop all down.:cool:

joycewangwen
13-06-12, 08:42
Great Pic Bro! Thanks!

Does that mean WV have a lower ceiling height(2.9m) than Tropica(3.1m)?:doh::doh:

jbtay
13-06-12, 09:06
Great Pic Bro! Thanks!

Comparing with Tropica and since penthouse got 2 floors, looks like stacks 12 and 9, almost level 15 going onto 16, sounds like the Sound of Music ...:D

desquire
13-06-12, 09:10
Does that mean WV have a lower ceiling height(2.9m) than Tropica(3.1m)?:doh::doh:
No way ceiling height over at WV will be close even to that of Tropica. It should be somewhat 2.5-2.8m. The other thing is that it's on elevated ground so the first level should kinda be higher than thy of Tropica.

Due to the ceiling, there's achance we will be lower in overall height as compared to Tropica. Make sense right?:confused:

jbtay
13-06-12, 10:00
No way ceiling height over at WV will be close even to that of Tropica. It should be somewhat 2.5-2.8m. The other thing is that it's on elevated ground so the first level should kinda be higher than thy of Tropica.

Due to the ceiling, there's achance we will be lower in overall height as compared to Tropica. Make sense right?:confused:

That should be right. Lucky if we can get 2.8m. :cheers1:

East Lover
13-06-12, 11:52
maybe 1 week 黑豆饭 for each tree you chop down...:D:D:D

1 year is good enough to chop all down.:cool:

Do you mean this one? why? ants like it or what???
http://www.gxyis.com/bamatour/common/upload/2010/12/10/1023276n.jpg

bombe
13-06-12, 12:12
i posted this 3 weeks ago...
http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/prope...muted-interest (http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/property-management-news/2012/5/33091/tampines-ec-site-attracts-muted-interest)

this plot of land is just across the road, beside Arc.

"The top bid of S$252.78 million or S$418 psf ppr reflects a breakeven cost of S$800 psf to S$820 psf. It is likely that the new project will be priced around S$900 psf,” said Li Hiaw Ho, Executive Director at CBRE.

Suddenly Waterview looks cheap isn't it? ha ha...EC across the road cost more and can only see quarry...

so sad...u all forgot about me le...my in-laws bought stack 11...

bombe
13-06-12, 12:13
Do you mean this one? why? ants like it or what???
http://www.gxyis.com/bamatour/common/upload/2010/12/10/1023276n.jpg
eat black bean rice means go to jail la...anyhow chop trees along roads is vandalism...

trees should be under the care of NParks...

bombe
13-06-12, 12:17

this article says EC leh...your link never mention is EC or PC...
http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/property-management-news/2012/5/33091/tampines-ec-site-attracts-muted-interest

Justin3
13-06-12, 12:51
Dear all friends

Glad to join this forum and I bought the stack 22 in Dec 10. I am looking for earlier move in as much as possible. I hope TOP Dec 13 is still on.

Thanks

Justin3:)

cnud
13-06-12, 13:13
Seems like most are buying for own stay and not for rental investment?

East Lover
13-06-12, 14:05
eat black bean rice means go to jail la...anyhow chop trees along roads is vandalism...

trees should be under the care of NParks...
oh! :doh: sorry, i didn't catch his joke....

East Lover
13-06-12, 14:09
Dear all friends

Glad to join this forum and I bought the stack 22 in Dec 10. I am looking for earlier move in as much as possible. I hope TOP Dec 13 is still on.

Thanks

Justin3:)
Hi Justin3, welcome to FEC!

All of us neck long long, wait for house warning party at X'mas @WV :D

jbtay
13-06-12, 15:38
Hi Justin3, welcome to FEC!

All of us neck long long, wait for house warning party at X'mas @WV :D

Welcome Justin3 :cheers4:
yes, Xmas looks possible, passed the site this morning.
Can see a lot of progress, brick walls up in some stacks, some have window frames, at this rate, possible to TOP 3Q13, move in by Xmas.
:jump-for-joy:

Kengar
13-06-12, 16:56
Here's the latest updated with Bombe and Justin3.. looking forward to more new Waterviewers to come join us :)

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-jrvRSJHogdk/T9hUO4BpGsI/AAAAAAAAARE/U91WhpvSnEI/s497/Microsoft%2520Excel%2520-%2520Stack.xls%2520%2520%255BCompatibility%2520Mode%255D%25206132012%252044927%2520PM.jpg

joycewangwen
13-06-12, 19:18

Too bad...

URA must set some solid rules for developers to follow in the future. if not, maybe in 2005, it was 3.0m; in 2008, 2.90m; in 2011, 2.80m; 2013, 2.70m?? For the same max. height, they will squeeze more and more.
plus those cant-use-one space like the WV's super big aircon AC, bomb shelter.

Every bloody square inch is paid by the buyer's hard-earned dollars. It's outrageous...:tongue3::tongue3:

desquire
13-06-12, 19:55
Welcome Justin3 :cheers4:
yes, Xmas looks possible, passed the site this morning.
Can see a lot of progress, brick walls up in some stacks, some have window frames, at this rate, possible to TOP 3Q13, move in by Xmas.
:jump-for-joy:
Heard taut upon completion, it takes months before the keys are finally released to the respective owners and by batches. This will prolly take another 6mnths or so?

I'm keeping tabs at the time but I hv set myself June 2014 as the estimates time to obtain keys and by September 2014 for all renovation works to be consolidated ans ready for move in. :D

East Lover
14-06-12, 09:25
Heard taut upon completion, it takes months before the keys are finally released to the respective owners and by batches. This will prolly take another 6mnths or so?

I'm keeping tabs at the time but I hv set myself June 2014 as the estimates time to obtain keys and by September 2014 for all renovation works to be consolidated ans ready for move in. :D
ai yoh! 小朋友,别那么悲观嘛。:D

Justin3
14-06-12, 09:37
Thanks all.

bombe
14-06-12, 09:51
Seems like most are buying for own stay and not for rental investment?

i guess the reason is the location. rental yield should not be high as it's not near major things...MRT quite a distance away, CBP not exactly near, no shops nearby also...

not exactly convenient if don't drive so most people is buy for own stay and like the relative calmness and tranquil surroundings.

best chance of rental is to TP or UWCSEA families...

but if i were to choose between WV or waterfront collections, i will confirm take WV...i save about $100psf or more...for a 3br unit, the price difference is $100k...enough for me to buy a car to make up for the relative inconvenience...

desquire
14-06-12, 10:24
ai yoh! 小朋友,别那么悲观嘛。:D
Haha. My literacy for Chinese fails me yet again. Any kind translators out there. Hahaha. :D

bombe
14-06-12, 10:35
Haha. My literacy for Chinese fails me yet again. Any kind translators out there. Hahaha. :D

小 = small
朋友,= friend
别 = don't
那么 = be so
悲观 = pessimistic

desquire
14-06-12, 10:44
小 = small
朋友,= friend
别 = don't
那么 = be so
悲观 = pessimistic
Haha. Nice one!!! :p

MelAu
14-06-12, 16:36

Thanks! Will definitely give her a call and hopefully she will make an exception! Finger crossed...

Anyway will any of you be engaging an ID? Any lobang? I just wonder what is the extend of the renovation you will be doing...:p

bombe
14-06-12, 17:06
Thanks! Will definitely give her a call and hopefully she will make an exception! Finger crossed...

Anyway will any of you be engaging an ID? Any lobang? I just wonder what is the extend of the renovation you will be doing...:p

lobang for lights and curtains i have...

my cousin's hubby has his own factory for curtains and he stays next door (Tropica) only.. in fact most of the residents in Tropica get him to do their curtains...anything wrong know where the boss stays! hahaha...

lights i know this shop in geylang...cheap and good... my sis-in-law bought nice lights for her 4 bedroom condo total less than $1.5k including installation...

desquire
14-06-12, 19:01

Just a coat of paint, rack for storeroom, rain shower, removing the metal gate in service balcony and lightings.

Simple stuff :D

Kengar
15-06-12, 12:45
5 sold in May, 91% sold to date! :D

jbtay
15-06-12, 19:59

URA caveats lodged, today showed 7 sold in May? Anyway, did my nordic walk to WV this morning, but only had my HTC phone camera, and the phone crashed on me and couldn't recover the pics as they were saved in internal memory... Time to change to iphone!!
Progress looks good, Stacks 12 and 09 up to 14 storey, the rest on T Ave 10 around 13 and the tortoise blks doing storey 10. The centre portion in between 2 stacks looks kind of nice hexagonal shape, looks like to staircase landing.

The trees around the edge of reservoir is around 3 to 4 storeys high, the leaves start from about 1.5 storeys up to the top. Reckon that those on storey 8 should have a pretty decent view of reservoir.:cheers4:

jbtay
15-06-12, 20:12

Ha ha, you were right.. 5 sold .. 61 more to go :cheers4:

desquire
15-06-12, 20:50
URA caveats lodged, today showed 7 sold in May? Anyway, did my nordic walk to WV this morning, but only had my HTC phone camera, and the phone crashed on me and couldn't recover the pics as they were saved in internal memory... Time to change to iphone!!
Progress looks good, Stacks 12 and 09 up to 14 storey, the rest on T Ave 10 around 13 and the tortoise blks doing storey 10. The centre portion in between 2 stacks looks kind of nice hexagonal shape, looks like to staircase landing.

The trees around the edge of reservoir is around 3 to 4 storeys high, the leaves start from about 1.5 storeys up to the top. Reckon that those on storey 8 should have a pretty decent view of reservoir.:cheers4:
Nice analysis!! Seemed like the red bricks can be seen all over. Progress definitely moving faster.

Is the 'hexagon' that you're referring to the lifts? Hehe. :p

minami-san
15-06-12, 20:52

Sounds like our tortoise blocks are not so far behind now! :)

jbtay
15-06-12, 21:40
Nice analysis!! Seemed like the red bricks can be seen all over. Progress definitely moving faster.

Is the 'hexagon' that you're referring to the lifts? Hehe. :p

Couldn't figure out if that is the staircase landing or the lift. From the sketch plan of the unit that we bought attached to the S&P Agt looks like lift to me. Would be nice if these got glass and in the lift can see outwards (somewhat like internal bubble lifts :cheers2: ). Noticed that for blks 81, 83, 87 these hexagons face the quarry, but blks 85, 89 face the pools, blks 91,93,95 and 73 face T Ave1, Blks 75, 77 and 79 face the pools. From pics of the building models, looks like just rectangular openings ... ventilation windows for lift shafts or staircase landings..... The opp side also have similar openings but is recessed inwards and flat whereas this side is hexagonal and protrudes outwards, breaks the otherwise flat monotony of the facade imho - a simple but nice feature.

desquire
15-06-12, 22:11
Couldn't figure out if that is the staircase landing or the lift. From the sketch plan of the unit that we bought attached to the S&P Agt looks like lift to me. Would be nice if these got glass and in the lift can see outwards (somewhat like internal bubble lifts :cheers2: ). Noticed that for blks 81, 83, 87 these hexagons face the quarry, but blks 85, 89 face the pools, blks 91,93,95 and 73 face T Ave1, Blks 75, 77 and 79 face the pools. From pics of the building models, looks like just rectangular openings ... ventilation windows for lift shafts or staircase landings..... The opp side also have similar openings but is recessed inwards and flat whereas this side is hexagonal and protrudes outwards, breaks the otherwise flat monotony of the facade imho - a simple but nice feature.
It should be the stairs which serves the whole stack. The lift being on the opposite side.

It just came to my senses that our windows will be tinted blue. Haha. Our walls will be coated white. Almost forget about those for a moment. ;)

East Lover
18-06-12, 15:45
no time to go 15th floor, see the progress of mid 2012 first
http://i1203.photobucket.com/albums/bb400/vw_progress/IMG_0345.jpg

East Lover
18-06-12, 15:46
http://i1203.photobucket.com/albums/bb400/vw_progress/IMG_0343.jpg

East Lover
18-06-12, 15:51
http://i1203.photobucket.com/albums/bb400/vw_progress/IMG_0335.jpg

East Lover
18-06-12, 15:52
Can we say that the afternoon sun will be blocked by stack 13 for stack 09? :D taken around 1:30PM. beautiful sunshine....

http://i1203.photobucket.com/albums/bb400/vw_progress/IMG_0341.jpg

Justin3
18-06-12, 16:09
Can we say that the afternoon sun will be blocked by stack 13 for stack 09? :D taken around 1:30PM. beautiful sunshine....

Thanks for posting the pictures.

jbtay
18-06-12, 16:13

http://i1203.photobucket.com/albums/bb400/vw_progress/IMG_0341.jpg

Ha ha, looks to be the case for this time of the year, you have been vy bz taking these lovely pics, thank you. :sleep:

jbtay
18-06-12, 16:24
no time to go 15th floor, see the progress of mid 2012 first
http://i1203.photobucket.com/albums/bb400/vw_progress/IMG_0345.jpg

Btw, this is an interesting pic as its tru the bbq area and shows the extent of the line of sight for stack 46 (on the right corner) to stack 37 on the left corner. :cheers1:

East Lover
18-06-12, 16:26
Btw, this is an interesting pic as its tru the bbq area and shows the extent of the line of sight for stack 46 (on the right corner) to stack 37 on the left corner. :cheers1:
it will be more interesting once SL integrated all the first floor.:p

wondering why they skip all the first floor now... must have reason.

jbtay
18-06-12, 16:50

These look more like stack 25 on the right to stack 18 on the left ...
taken from Tropica? These are not the tortoise stacks !! Thats the following pic

forestfire
18-06-12, 17:01
These look more like stack 25 on the right to stack 18 on the left ...
taken from Tropica? These are not the tortoise stacks !! Thats the following pic

You are right jbtay cos the protective covering on stacks 14 & 15 were already down. The view is thro above the Club House between blocks 75 & 73.

Thanks alot for the photos, eastlover!

jbtay
18-06-12, 17:22
it will be more interesting once SL integrated all the first floor.:p

wondering why they skip all the first floor now... must have reason.

yes, the 1st level opening is the car park, the 2nd level small opening is where all the cables and utility pipes will run horizontally to get into the vertical ducts for each stack, the 3rd level opening is the 1st Floor, so I presume when all works are done, can the concreting for the common areas be done for the link-up I think ...I'm no civil engineer :sleep:

Belac
18-06-12, 18:52
http://i1203.photobucket.com/albums/bb400/vw_progress/IMG_0343.jpg

Thanks Eastlover for the pics :)

The rooms look small :doh:

joycewangwen
18-06-12, 19:18
yes, the 1st level opening is the car park, the 2nd level small opening is where all the cables and utility pipes will run horizontally to get into the vertical ducts for each stack, the 3rd level opening is the 1st Floor, so I presume when all works are done, can the concreting for the common areas be done for the link-up I think ...I'm no civil engineer :sleep:

Thanks to EastLover for these wonderful pics.:):)

After all stacks top seals, there is still a lot of ground work to make swimming pool water level the same as 1st floor.:D:D

East Lover
18-06-12, 21:40
Thanks to EastLover for these wonderful pics.:):)

After all stacks top seals, there is still a lot of ground work to make swimming pool water level the same as 1st floor.:D:D
Yes still long way to go... Blk 77 & 79 reaching 15 floor now, but still, a lot of things to catch up. 等到花儿都谢了。

East Lover
18-06-12, 21:43
Thanks Eastlover for the pics :)

The rooms look small :doh:
U welcome. Yes the rooms look very tiny! How?? Peginehole? :D
看样子要好好减肥,房子才显得大些:D :D

East Lover
18-06-12, 21:49
You are right jbtay cos the protective covering on stacks 14 & 15 were already down. The view is thro above the Club House between blocks 75 & 73.

Thanks alot for the photos, eastlover!
No prob! Thanks for the theory of afternoon sun direction. It seems my stack 09 really blocked by blk 77 :) luckily didn't buy stack 14 haha

Kengar
19-06-12, 09:03
Stack 13 also benefit from the shelter from Stack 14.. but this is only during the part of the year when the Sun is really setting from West, during the other parts of the year will still kenna the direct south-west sun.. guess i will use that period to sun the mattresses and pillows! :D

No prob! Thanks for the theory of afternoon sun direction. It seems my stack 09 really blocked by blk 77 :) luckily didn't buy stack 14 haha

Justin3
19-06-12, 11:45
Yes still long way to go... Blk 77 & 79 reaching 15 floor now, but still, a lot of things to catch up. 等到花儿都谢了。

花儿谢了还会开,良辰美景正自在。
湖光山色在水軒,早晚你我住进来。

East Lover
19-06-12, 13:50
花儿谢了还会开,良辰美景正自在。
湖光山色在水軒,早晚你我住进来。
天啊,咱们水景轩真是人藏龙卧虎,人才济济啊!佩服佩服!!:cheers4:

bombe
19-06-12, 16:58
花儿谢了还会开,良辰美景正自在。
湖光山色在水軒,早晚你我住进来。

desquire, for you...

花儿 = flowers
谢 = wilt (in this context, same words has other meanings if used in other ways)
还会 = again (again, in this context)
开 = open/bloom
良辰美景 = to describe nice timing and beautiful scenery
正自在 = no direct translation but here means something like still around
湖光山色 = different phrase to describe beautiful scenery
在 = at
水軒 = chinese name of WV
早晚 = sooner or later
你我 = you and me
住进来 = move in

bombe
19-06-12, 17:01
天啊,咱们水景轩真是人藏龙卧虎,人才济济啊!佩服佩服!!:cheers4:

and any others who don't understand chinese...

天啊 = basically means "wow"
咱们 = we/us
水景轩 = full chinese name of WV
真是 = really
藏龙卧虎 = describe hidden talents
人才济济 = describe full of talents
佩服 = means admire or respect

East Lover
19-06-12, 17:58

咱们 = we/us
真是 = really
Thanks! 我们有天文学家,文学家,还有翻译家!:D

jbtay
19-06-12, 20:37

咱们 = we/us
真是 = really

thank you bombe, too many idioms in the earlier verses, all I could make out was "sooner or latter, we will all move in" :47:

and for those who like it in pinyin...

huā 花 r 儿 xiè 谢 le 了 hái 还 huì 会 kāi 开, liáng 良 chén 辰 měi 美 jǐng 景 zhèng 正 zì 自 zai 在。
hú 湖 guāng 光 shān 山 sè 色 zài 在 shuǐ 水 xuān 軒, zǎo 早 wǎn 晚 nǐ 你 wǒ 我 zhù 住 jìn 进 lái 来。

tiān 天 a 啊, zán 咱 men 们 shuǐ 水 jǐng 景 xuān 轩 zhēn 真 shi 是 rén 人 cáng 藏 lóng 龙 wò 卧 hǔ 虎, rén 人 cái 才 jì 济 jì 济 a 啊! pèi 佩 fú 服 pèi 佩 fú 服!

East Lover
20-06-12, 09:59
thank you bombe, too many idioms in the earlier verses, all I could make out was "sooner or latter, we will all move in" :47:

and for those who like it in pinyin...

huā 花 r 儿 xiè 谢 le 了 hái 还 huì 会 kāi 开, liáng 良 chén 辰 měi 美 jǐng 景 zhèng 正 zì 自 zai 在。
hú 湖 guāng 光 shān 山 sè 色 zài 在 shuǐ 水 xuān 軒, zǎo 早 wǎn 晚 nǐ 你 wǒ 我 zhù 住 jìn 进 lái 来。

tiān 天 a 啊, zán 咱 men 们 shuǐ 水 jǐng 景 xuān 轩 zhēn 真 shi 是 rén 人 cáng 藏 lóng 龙 wò 卧 hǔ 虎, rén 人 cái 才 jì 济 jì 济 a 啊! pèi 佩 fú 服 pèi 佩 fú 服!
just curious, which tool did you use for each word's pinyin? :p

desquire
20-06-12, 14:07
desquire, for you...

花儿 = flowers
谢 = wilt (in this context, same words has other meanings if used in other ways)
还会 = again (again, in this context)
开 = open/bloom
良辰美景 = to describe nice timing and beautiful scenery
See u at Laguna at 645am k. Confirm right?
湖光山色 = different phrase to describe beautiful scenery
在 = at
水軒 = chinese name of WV
早晚 = sooner or later
你我 = you and me
住进来 = move in

Haha. Thanks Bombe. So very nice of you. :p

desquire
20-06-12, 14:24
Sis East Lover, the pictures were awesome! You walked further down for the pics or were you in the car? Nice shots!!:D

zannchen
20-06-12, 14:35

Hope the actual 1st floor is levitate from the ground more. Anyone knows the actual height from ground?

jbtay
20-06-12, 15:12
just curious, which tool did you use for each word's pinyin? :p

Hi East Lover, its ChinesePlus by biderworld.com. Bought the originals some years back to help my boy with his Chinese. Also got speech plus which will speak the chinese characters. Has got a number of functions including OCR ie can scan image file for chinese characters. Also can work independently or as an Add-Ins in Microsoft Word ie copy the chinese characters into microsoft word and use add-in function to convert to hanyu or from hanyu to chinese characters. [if you want, I can email you the zip files and the codes];)

East Lover
20-06-12, 16:42
Hi East Lover, its ChinesePlus by biderworld.com. Bought the originals some years back to help my boy with his Chinese. Also got speech plus which will speak the chinese characters. Has got a number of functions including OCR ie can scan image file for chinese characters. Also can work independently or as an Add-Ins in Microsoft Word ie copy the chinese characters into microsoft word and use add-in function to convert to hanyu or from hanyu to chinese characters. [if you want, I can email you the zip files and the codes];)
I see! thanks! is this plug-in able to convert/translate chinese to english immediately? i need that feature more than hanyupinyin :)

East Lover
20-06-12, 16:48
Hope the actual 1st floor is levitate from the ground more. Anyone knows the actual height from ground?
during preview, agent told me it's about 4.5 meter above ground, and first floor unit has higher height, e.g. maybe 3 meter while the rest units are only 2.8 meter height.

unlike other projects, actually you can see the first floor units from outside.;)

East Lover
20-06-12, 16:50
Sis East Lover, the pictures were awesome! You walked further down for the pics or were you in the car? Nice shots!!:D
i took from car. what i can say is: iPhone is good, BMW is good, and WaterView is good! :D

jbtay
20-06-12, 17:48
I see! thanks! is this plug-in able to convert/translate chinese to english immediately? i need that feature more than hanyupinyin :)

It does not do translation, for that I use Dr Eye, which does that immediately when the cursor is pointed at the character but translation is very literal ie not intelligent enough to look at the whole phrase and is not useful for phrases of 2 characters and more ...ie translation is very literal.

If you do not need immediate translation, cnet.com has a free english to chinese and vice versa translator which has 2 panels ..top for english and bottom for chinese and you can pull words into either panel and translate.
i have tried it, not too bad for english speaking person like myself. :ashamed1:

desquire
20-06-12, 19:46
i took from car. what i can say is: iPhone is good, BMW is good, and WaterView is good! :D
:eek: :eek: :eek: Haha. Mine 3GS so camera is gone case. Haha. WV sure looks good.

Maybe I should try on my VW and see if the reverse of WV can do wonders too. Nice image really. Very pro!:D

desquire
21-06-12, 16:14
A large WV banner seen hanging across one of the units at the junction of Tampines Ave 10 facing the quarry.

Flags for WV up, interesting. Nice blue adopted by WV and SL. Time is nearing. Most of the bricks up for all units. The snails have gone notch up. Haha!:sleep:

Kengar
21-06-12, 21:42
Yeah I saw that too.. the signature Waterview colour.

As always, the Sim Lian way.. Keep it Simple. :D

A large WV banner seen hanging across one of the units at the junction of Tampines Ave 10 facing the quarry.

Flags for WV up, interesting. Nice blue adopted by WV and SL. Time is nearing. Most of the bricks up for all units. The snails have gone notch up. Haha!:sleep:

East Lover
21-06-12, 23:38

Really? Meaning show flat is ready??:D

Kengar
22-06-12, 11:54
Nope.. i took a closer look today, i think there are no visible signs of a new show flat around. The banner is probably a cheaper way to advertise than to use newspapers. :)

Really? Meaning show flat is ready??:D

desquire
22-06-12, 12:57
Nope.. i took a closer look today, i think there are no visible signs of a new show flat around. The banner is probably a cheaper way to advertise than to use newspapers. :)
That's the way SL does it. Simple, hassle-free, low budget continuous advertising. Unlike FEO and te rest. This includes their showroom etc. Insure the 'horseshoe' or 'sofa' design of WV reflects fengshui at work. The big '8' too.

Just that something must hv gone wrong for the case of Centrale 8. Hmmm...:confused:

Kengar
22-06-12, 13:52
Trillant also got some 'negative' publicity due to the returned units being flagged as among the highest in May.

I think it is mainly due to unfortunate timing.

That's the way SL does it. Simple, hassle-free, low budget continuous advertising. Unlike FEO and te rest. This includes their showroom etc. Insure the 'horseshoe' or 'sofa' design of WV reflects fengshui at work. The big '8' too.

Just that something must hv gone wrong for the case of Centrale 8. Hmmm...:confused:

zannchen
22-06-12, 15:39
during preview, agent told me it's about 4.5 meter above ground, and first floor unit has higher height, e.g. maybe 3 meter while the rest units are only 2.8 meter height.

unlike other projects, actually you can see the first floor units from outside.;)

Thanks east lover!

I wonder how it will be when it is done, cause I took the patio. :S

East Lover
22-06-12, 16:50

Thats what I want to say as well! SL doesn't spend much on showflat and adv, so they can sell reasonable price. In fact 羊毛出在羊身上,还是实惠点的好!:D

East Lover
22-06-12, 16:51
Trillant also got some 'negative' publicity due to the returned units being flagged as among the highest in May.

I think it is mainly due to unfortunate timing.
Ai yah! 天不时地不利人不和!哈哈哈

East Lover
22-06-12, 16:52
Thanks east lover!

I wonder how it will be when it is done, cause I took the patio. :S
Can u share share after u collect key? Or maybe invite us for house warming?:D

East Lover
22-06-12, 20:49
I took a walk walk just now. Blk 77 inner side already start to pain the external brick wall liao, and for other blocks workers are painting some units' inner brick wall as well in the evening. Blk 77 &79 is reaching the top floor already - not 15th floor but 16 for penthouse roof top now! Even those so-called turtle blocks are reaching 10/11 floors now.
Progress is good. Can they complete the project by Q3 2013 as they indicated in the notice board? :D

East Lover
25-06-12, 10:29
Anyone know what are they making? car path to dropoff point? so early?
http://i1203.photobucket.com/albums/bb400/vw_progress/IMG_0357.jpg

desquire
25-06-12, 10:52
They now building my unit on my snail's shell. Those ae the middle blocks right? Only the front runners are almost complete, pethouse in progress...

Yup, looks like they are in the midst of constructing the walkway linking all the blocks and maybe the holes for the pools will be dug soon. Dropped by at WV to take a look yesterday. The sun can be seen raining brightly on some of the units.

Good thing the location is pretty concrete. Many other developments discovered to their horror that there's a new upcoming project sprouting up next door. Ours at the very last corner so nothing else can crop up (Did i oversee anything?)

Drove past Waterfront series and NV is almost complete!! Very nice!:D

desquire
25-06-12, 11:00
From the siteplan, it could be the Alfresco Dining. The lawn will be in front of Stack 46. Early BBQ for the workers. Test charcoal. Hahahah.:tongue3:

jbtay
25-06-12, 11:43
From the siteplan, it could be the Alfresco Dining. The lawn will be in front of Stack 46. Early BBQ for the workers. Test charcoal. Hahahah.:tongue3:

Ha ha, it does look like the alfresco and BBQ area. Understand all the newer condos and should also apply to WV too, nowadays don't use charcoal for BBQ, as developer will provide electric grills and ovens ....should be better .. less smoke. Not sure why they do this area so soon as they still need to link up the first storey floor which is above the small little rectangles. The roadway to the drop-off point and clubhouse appear to be near where the zinc roofs are located. Progress looks good. Sep 12, all stacks reach the top and 1 year more for all internal and other works .. TOP 3Q13 and we have a big Christmas party in 2013.. so looks like 3Q13 to 1Q14 (Shirley's current estimate) is the period for TOP. :cool:

East Lover
26-06-12, 09:59
Ha ha, it does look like the alfresco and BBQ area. Understand all the newer condos and should also apply to WV too, nowadays don't use charcoal for BBQ, as developer will provide electric grills and ovens ....should be better .. less smoke. Not sure why they do this area so soon as they still need to link up the first storey floor which is above the small little rectangles. The roadway to the drop-off point and clubhouse appear to be near where the zinc roofs are located. Progress looks good. Sep 12, all stacks reach the top and 1 year more for all internal and other works .. TOP 3Q13 and we have a big Christmas party in 2013.. so looks like 3Q13 to 1Q14 (Shirley's current estimate) is the period for TOP. :cool:
Recap - SL said completion date is Q3 2013 :D :D :D
http://i1203.photobucket.com/albums/bb400/vw_progress/iPhone0811257.jpg

desquire
26-06-12, 10:10
Good morning all. Wah your pics are really huge and clear, I like... how do you attach them?

Maybe the frontrunners can get keys by then. The snails have to crawl up slowly till Q1 2014.;)

That's probably why they multitasking and doing everything together at the same time. The need to keep to their promise. Hehe.:cheers5:

jbtay
26-06-12, 11:39
[QUOTE=East Lover]Recap - SL said completion date is Q3 2013

Ha Ha, Clearly written on Signboard, cannot withdraw, SL cannot lose out to the likes of Lian Beng, Tiong Seng, etc... otherwise malu ... but hope no compromise on quality...:doh:

Justin3
26-06-12, 12:23
Recap - SL said completion date is Q3 2013 :D :D :D
http://i1203.photobucket.com/albums/bb400/vw_progress/iPhone0811257.jpg

Wah, really good news. How come I never seen this signed board while I drove pass through the site many times.

Good, I am looking forward to move in 4th Q 2013.

Justin3

East Lover
26-06-12, 15:25
Wah, really good news. How come I never seen this signed board while I drove pass through the site many times.

Good, I am looking forward to move in 4th Q 2013.

Justin3
It's a standard notice board outside WV. U can't see it if u drive. I walked there n took photo at very close distance :)) thus looks very huge :D

Yes I'm lalso looking forward to moving in by end of nov 2013 :)) just nice during school holiday, n sufficient time to prepare X'mas party! :D

zannchen
28-06-12, 12:45
Can u share share after u collect key? Or maybe invite us for house warming?:D

No problem!!! :)

desquire
28-06-12, 12:48
No problem!!! :)

Whoever amongst us gets the keys first must invite us look see look see to get us in the ready mood. Then must book BBQ for us in here for 'WV forum neighbours getting to kmow session. Pot luck!' Okies??

I suspect Eastlover will be the first to get her keys!!! Hehehehe:D

East Lover
29-06-12, 09:11
Whoever amongst us gets the keys first must invite us look see look see to get us in the ready mood. Then must book BBQ for us in here for 'WV forum neighbours getting to kmow session. Pot luck!' Okies??

hahaha, thank you thank you!

desquire
30-06-12, 14:23
I reckon the first subsale at WV has just begun. Low floor 1130sqft. Must be 3-bedder. Sold at 1.14m@1009psf!!! Not a bad transaction!!

Good start for WV residents!!! Hit 1k psf already!! Haha. :sleep:

Beebot
30-06-12, 18:30
I reckon the first subsale at WV has just begun. Low floor 1130sqft. Must be 3-bedder. Sold at 1.14m@1009psf!!! Not a bad transaction!!

Not subject to seller's stamp duty meh?

buttercarp
30-06-12, 21:38
I kaypoh, so I took a picture of it while jogging there.

https://p.twimg.com/Awo_eNrCEAARxvW.jpg

forestfire
01-07-12, 14:17
Even the slower blocks have reached 12-13 floor & SL already started with the basement carpark columns work. Once the concrete work reached 15/16 floor & bricks are hoisted up to the various blocks - works on the basement carpark/swimming pool & pool deck area can go full steam ahead.

Noticed that block 77 internal walls plastered to 3rd & 4th floor with one coat of white wash. That means door & window frames are all in including wiring & power points are also in the wall liao. (sorry don't know how to attach photos)

Also noticed boxes of floor tiles already in the units, which means while bricklayers lay brick on the higher floors, concurrently, carpenter put in the door frames, electrician run wiring & power points, plasterer plaster the internal walls, painter paint one undercoat & come back to do the finishing coat, tilers standby to lay floor & wall tiles.

While these activities are going on inside the different blocks - basement carpark, swimming pool, club house, landscaping work, etc should run concurrently outside.

Hope everything can finish by April/May 2013 - apply for TOP & check by different authorities (3-4 months). TOP by Aug/Sept.

Grande
02-07-12, 00:39
There was a transaction for 2 bedder (786 sft) that was sold at $1,069 psf in Mar 2012 :)

East Lover
02-07-12, 09:57
I kaypoh, so I took a picture of it while jogging there.

https://p.twimg.com/Awo_eNrCEAARxvW.jpg
Hi sister, thanks!

East Lover
02-07-12, 10:01
Even the slower blocks have reached 12-13 floor & SL already started with the basement carpark columns work. Once the concrete work reached 15/16 floor & bricks are hoisted up to the various blocks - works on the basement carpark/swimming pool & pool deck area can go full steam ahead.

Noticed that block 77 internal walls plastered to 3rd & 4th floor with one coat of white wash. That means door & window frames are all in including wiring & power points are also in the wall liao. (sorry don't know how to attach photos)

Also noticed boxes of floor tiles already in the units, which means while bricklayers lay brick on the higher floors, concurrently, carpenter put in the door frames, electrician run wiring & power points, plasterer plaster the internal walls, painter paint one undercoat & come back to do the finishing coat, tilers standby to lay floor & wall tiles.

While these activities are going on inside the different blocks - basement carpark, swimming pool, club house, landscaping work, etc should run concurrently outside.

Hope everything can finish by April/May 2013 - apply for TOP & check by different authorities (3-4 months). TOP by Aug/Sept.
sounds so inspiring! TOP by Aug/Sept, move in during school holiday! perfect timing!:cheers4:

By the way, you can upload your photo to photobuck, then paste here. alternatively, you can simple attach photo in your post by clicking the icon next the :) in the menu bar...

forestfire
02-07-12, 15:23
sounds so inspiring! TOP by Aug/Sept, move in during school holiday! perfect timing!:cheers4:

By the way, you can upload your photo to photobuck, then paste here. alternatively, you can simple attach photo in your post by clicking the icon next the :) in the menu bar...

I just try but you need to zoom in to see the basement carpark columns and slabs, internal plastering & undercoat paint.....

forestfire
02-07-12, 15:24
Sorry can't leh

desquire
02-07-12, 15:40
You guys mean we can see the basement cp? You guys are champs!! :D

forestfire
02-07-12, 16:11
No lah, just the concrete slabs & column stumps reinforcement bars to certain areas (between blocks 79 & 81), also steel bars to column stumps in front of blocks 81 & 83. They are building from inside out...waiting for the bricks to be lifted up to the various blocks.

forestfire
02-07-12, 18:21
http://i701.photobucket.com/albums/ww15/MLZT/20120630_165418.jpg?t=1341224299

http://i701.photobucket.com/albums/ww15/MLZT/20120630_165407-1.jpg?t=1341224058

Finally, I got it but you must zoom in to see the internal plastering to block 77 2nd & 3rd level. Also the steel bars to column stumps between block 79 & 81

desquire
02-07-12, 19:55

Finally, I got it but you must zoom in to see the internal plastering to block 77 2nd & 3rd level. Also the steel bars to column stumps between block 79 & 81
Nice pics there. Thank you so much. Very good clear close up images.

Which stack did you get? You're also a resided of Tropica ya?:D

forestfire
02-07-12, 20:08
Visited block 63 to view a rental flat, on the way took a few shots

desquire
02-07-12, 20:19
Visited block 63 to view a rental flat, on the way took a few shots
You seemed very knowledgeable in this field. You're an architect? Construction business perhaps? Just like jbtay, youreable to analyse the progress to the slightest detail.

Ever thought of becoming a resident over at WV? Hehe. :p

forestfire
02-07-12, 22:50
No, I'm not an architect but have been in the building industry for awhile - so know a little of the details & process of work.
I envy you guys in WV & hope to live there, too.

zannchen
03-07-12, 15:39

Sure will. :)

bombe
04-07-12, 14:56

the 1st pic where the yellow crane is should be the tennis court right?

where the yellow tower crane and truck with orange crane is in the second pic should be the drop off point and yacht?

East Lover
04-07-12, 16:29
anyone still remember where was showflat? it's turning to BBQ pits soon :)
http://i1203.photobucket.com/albums/bb400/vw_progress/IMG_0397.jpg

East Lover
04-07-12, 16:31
why they start BBQ pits first? :D

Looking forward to see how will SL build swimming pool :spliff:
http://i1203.photobucket.com/albums/bb400/vw_progress/IMG_0403.jpg

desquire
04-07-12, 17:36
I hv a short memory. But I guess the workers wanna get the first feel of BBQ-ing by the reservoir. Hence, it's all being constructed at the same time.

Forestfire has written a thesis on what is about to happen soon and thereafter! Watch this space. Haha. ;)

jbtay
05-07-12, 08:45
why they start BBQ pits first? :D

Looking forward to see how will SL build swimming pool :spliff:
http://i1203.photobucket.com/albums/bb400/vw_progress/IMG_0403.jpg

Hello East Lover, it does look like the BBQ pits and not the columns of the carpark which ForestFire has spotted in the other areas. The only explanation I can think of is ... unless the BBQ pits area is a sunken area, so it all depends on the boundary of the car park, if that is the case, then there has to be some wall that shields the BBQ pit area from the adjoining driveway at the entrance and also from the rest of the car park, since the BBQ pit will then be at the same level as the car park and the driveway... that's a conjecture ... Anyway progress is looking good now :D

East Lover
05-07-12, 09:37
Hello East Lover, it does look like the BBQ pits and not the columns of the carpark which ForestFire has spotted in the other areas. The only explanation I can think of is ... unless the BBQ pits area is a sunken area, so it all depends on the boundary of the car park, if that is the case, then there has to be some wall that shields the BBQ pit area from the adjoining driveway at the entrance and also from the rest of the car park, since the BBQ pit will then be at the same level as the car park and the driveway... that's a conjecture ... Anyway progress is looking good now :D
How come I remember that BBQ Pit is at same level of swimming pool? meaning 1 floor above car park? does anyone have photo of WV model??

jbtay
05-07-12, 10:15
How come I remember that BBQ Pit is at same level of swimming pool? meaning 1 floor above car park? does anyone have photo of WV model??

Ha ha, I have an entire folder on Waterview - you are correct, its same level as swimming pool, much better this way of course ... guess we will have to wait a few more months to see whats going on ... a mystery to me now. :beats-me-man: somehow couldn't upload the jpg pic.

Kengar
05-07-12, 10:20

They should be constructing the central power room and the BBQ pit is above it :D

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-_HqLyhTTl9g/T_T5uemBbmI/AAAAAAAAARg/IPnSshZ9Mfc/s512/photo.JPG

forestfire
05-07-12, 11:43
Wow! Kengar, you even have close-up picture of the model in the show room. Very nice. Any more?

desquire
05-07-12, 12:17
Wow! Kengar, you even have close-up picture of the model in the show room. Very nice. Any more?
I didn't even realise that the pits are elevated to another level. Wonder how many pits are there?

Btw anyone has any idea on the 'make' for the air-conditioners? They always say reputable Japanese brand!:confused:

jbtay
05-07-12, 12:18
They should be constructing the central power room and the BBQ pit is above it :D

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-_HqLyhTTl9g/T_T5uemBbmI/AAAAAAAAARg/IPnSshZ9Mfc/s512/photo.JPG

Wow Kengar, this is a fantastic close=up. Indeed its the condo's sub-station.
thanks

jbtay
05-07-12, 12:49

From squarefoot.com, only 1 transaction for Jun 12, indeed its a 4th storey unit
3 bedder
2012-06-15 #04-XX 1,130 1,009 1,140,000

but no caveats matching reported ???

desquire
05-07-12, 12:52
From squarefoot.com, only 1 transaction for Jun 12, indeed its a 4th storey unit
3 bedder
2012-06-15 #04-XX 1,130 1,009 1,140,000

but no caveats matching reported ???

I got my data from property market info.:p June-July is a quiet month for WV! :D

forestfire
05-07-12, 14:21

Is this what the concrete slab is? the basement carpark below the BBQ pits....

http://i701.photobucket.com/albums/ww15/MLZT/waterviewapr11-12.jpg

East Lover
05-07-12, 14:49
Before...

anyone still remember where was showflat? it's turning to BBQ pits soon :)

http://i1203.photobucket.com/albums/bb400/vw_progress/IMG_0397.jpg

After....

Is this what the concrete slab is? the basement carpark below the BBQ pits....

http://i701.photobucket.com/albums/ww15/MLZT/waterviewapr11-12.jpg

Justin3
05-07-12, 16:02
Before...

After....

Wah, your quys are so well memory. can't wait move in lah.

desquire
05-07-12, 17:46
Before...

After....
This kinda angle shot also you have. Confirm you're the marketing CEO for WV already. Almost perfect angle!!!

One with dull walls while the other bright and very motivating!! Haha :sleep:

The 3rd Quarter look-alike. Approximately 15mnths to go!!:cheers4:

Kengar
06-07-12, 00:25

Here we go! :cheers4:

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-sByvxIVHiFg/T_W7Jl1JRTI/AAAAAAAAATk/-G6BIkhF2ps/s720/DSC01695.JPG

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-BD3QwXH0H1M/T_W7berQZhI/AAAAAAAAATw/gw7dFHfwJqQ/s720/DSC01698.JPG

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-xTIhW754zaY/T_W7yqxULuI/AAAAAAAAAT4/nRwQFXVJp2s/s720/DSC01701.JPG

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-DGNGqakjVCI/T_W8JIRyfbI/AAAAAAAAAUA/DetAzox-l4Q/s720/DSC01702.JPG

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-A7ARBBLZfXg/T_W8Y5GlH4I/AAAAAAAAAUM/ENObWDSekxM/s512/DSC01707.JPG

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-D5nZ7duZITE/T_W8r4Pu6qI/AAAAAAAAAUU/jZyzGZLX_18/s720/DSC01708.JPG

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-S0xrY7-9Urw/T_W9BHrqk9I/AAAAAAAAAUc/DbMj71zh3p0/s720/DSC01709.JPG

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-Hg6ocHuMVRs/T_W9Q6kjlLI/AAAAAAAAAUo/lXerfkFeNuA/s720/DSC01710.JPG

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-CWQDf3c9fSU/T_W9g6rEwBI/AAAAAAAAAUw/4N3mX-ecvVE/s720/DSC01711.JPG

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-KeKBOIgbv3o/T_W90xm-zEI/AAAAAAAAAU4/t2WjXbjAaNs/s720/DSC01713.JPG

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-WyldjYppZt8/T_W-LM__j9I/AAAAAAAAAVE/F3cM55zPrgM/s720/DSC01715.JPG

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-VbVPc4tUWYQ/T_W-dr3RfXI/AAAAAAAAAVM/ec8j3iNkdRI/s720/DSC01716.JPG

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-b1pjKzQGRCg/T_W-07_x3VI/AAAAAAAAAVU/4HehSIpzP18/s720/DSC01718.JPG

hyenergix
06-07-12, 07:25
I like the man-made beach. However the landscaping has too much tile surfaces that will store heat, making the area hot to the feet in the afternoon and warm in the evening.

forestfire
06-07-12, 08:28
Kengar, thank you for the very nice close-ups. When I zoom into each pix, I could feel as if they were constructed. Thanks alot.

East Lover
06-07-12, 09:12
thanks bro Kengar.

Anyone remember if WV has study room? and steam suana room??

desquire
06-07-12, 09:20
thanks bro Kengar.

Study room not but yes to sauna rooms in the pool toilets!!:D

One of newly developed condos have a huge library even for the kids...:p

East Lover
06-07-12, 09:28
Study room not but yes to sauna rooms in the pool toilets!!:D

One of newly developed condos have a huge library even for the kids...:p

confirm??? i didnt find sauna rooms in VW spec leh.... agent told you??:D

jbtay
06-07-12, 09:44

its in item 17 (f) of the specs in S&P agt and also in the brochure, male and female changing/shower room with sauna :D

desquire
06-07-12, 10:07

Confirmed, chopped and signed. As also metioned by WV appointed forum lawyer jbtay!!! hahahah!:im-so-happy:

desquire
06-07-12, 10:10
Bro Kengar. Nice pics there!!;)

How did you upload those?? Usually those i attached appeared small and hv to click on them before the correct size appears. :confused:

Anyone any idea on the branding for the air-conditioners? Daikin? Mitsubishi? Inverter?:beats-me-man:

buttercarp
06-07-12, 10:28
This kinda angle shot also you have. Confirm you're the marketing CEO for WV already. Almost perfect angle!!!

One with dull walls while the other bright and very motivating!! Haha :sleep:

The 3rd Quarter look-alike. Approximately 15mnths to go!!:cheers4:

Actually I wonder how he managed to get such shots?
It is as though he shot them from a helicopter :p !

bakasa2002
06-07-12, 10:43
I like the man-made beach. However the landscaping has too much tile surfaces that will store heat, making the area hot to the feet in the afternoon and warm in the evening.

Agreed, this proj is pretty well spaced out, if it have more landscaping instead of open patches, I guess the place will look even nicer!

desquire
06-07-12, 11:42

The spirit of a Waterviewer. This is called the i-cloud view!! Haha! :hell-hath-no-fury:

East Lover
06-07-12, 16:42
btw, it's a "she" :ashamed1:

Kengar
06-07-12, 18:47
Bro Kengar. Nice pics there!!;)

How did you upload those?? Usually those i attached appeared small and hv to click on them before the correct size appears. :confused:

Anyone any idea on the branding for the air-conditioners? Daikin? Mitsubishi? Inverter?:beats-me-man:

Oh I am using Picasa, upload and copy paste into the posting.

desquire
06-07-12, 18:58
Oh I am using Picasa, upload and copy paste into the posting.
Thank you bro. I'm a bit of a 'caveman' when it comes to technology. Haha! Thank you for the lovely pics. It sure looks very real. Like it's all up and already there. :D

forestfire
06-07-12, 19:27
I already walked around the entire compound, exploring the different places of WV (thro visualization) - ha ha

minami-san
06-07-12, 22:15
thanks bro Kengar.

The S&P states that there is a reading room. :cheers4:

minami-san
06-07-12, 22:17
I didn't even realise that the pits are elevated to another level. Wonder how many pits are there?

Btw anyone has any idea on the 'make' for the air-conditioners? They always say reputable Japanese brand!:confused:
When I visited an unit in clover by the park, think it uses mitsubishi ac. Maybe SL bulk purchased and would use the same for WV?

minami-san
06-07-12, 22:22
[QUOTE=Kengar]Here we go! :cheers4:

Thanks for the pics! Makes me feel like I want to be living there now!! The tennis court appears to be on the car park level..think it might be stuffy??