PDA

View Full Version : Waterview (D18, 99-year Leasehold, Sim Lian Group)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29

acidic.straw
25-03-12, 10:16
I guess I am too "eng" and can't resist the temptation ...:D :D :D
Hope i got the numbers correct.

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-tU0ckeQf67s/T2307HIek7I/AAAAAAAAAPQ/DBmgbLrckhs/s512/IMG_0054-001.JPG

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-Wsp0l_cnjYY/T231XPRoxhI/AAAAAAAAAPY/SeMD8SCL4Uo/s512/IMG_0056-001.JPG

*clap* *clap* *clap* :D :D :D

desquire
25-03-12, 13:22
Bro Kengar is the man. I stare at it until I get migraine trying to match the blocks with their numbers. Steady pom pi pi la bro!!!:cheers1:

East Lover
26-03-12, 14:30
Bro Kengar is the man. I stare at it until I get migraine trying to match the blocks with their numbers. Steady pom pi pi la bro!!!:cheers1:
Yes big clap to our Admin Director bro kengar!

By the way, have you updated our recent new members (i somehow remember there are a few....)?

aimtowin
27-03-12, 16:15
I just got a Mortgage insurance from HSBC for 900 per annual. that covers death for the outstanding loan. Any one got this as well? How about sharing here?

Kengar
27-03-12, 20:21
I just got a Mortgage insurance from HSBC for 900 per annual. that covers death for the outstanding loan. Any one got this as well? How about sharing here?

Yeah i have also considered this before, quite expensive. I am considering to get it sometime next year when the loan starts kicking in full after TOP.

aimtowin
28-03-12, 08:59
Yeah i have also considered this before, quite expensive. I am considering to get it sometime next year when the loan starts kicking in full after TOP.

That's good choice. I just buy cos no one will know what happen.

Anyone here has a HDB that you will rent out and move into Waterview once it's completed? How does property tax works?

4% on Waterview and 10% on HDB rental? Any one have idea how much property tax on tropical? That will be a good estimate.

Thanks

payel
28-03-12, 12:31
Hi all...I have booked stack 44 in block 93....it's a higher floor unit...don't know whether it's a good choice or not...but had not much option since I am already late.....thanks for the photos u people uploaded...it helped me to take the decision as initially I booked 02-10 in 77 blk...after I saw the recent construction photo I realise it was not a good unit...so I canceled and book this..anybody here also bought the same stack.....but worried for the upcoming residential project in the front land...

desquire
28-03-12, 18:46
Hi all...I have booked stack 44 in block 93....it's a higher floor unit...don't know whether it's a good choice or not...but had not much option since I am already late.....thanks for the photos u people uploaded...it helped me to take the decision as initially I booked 02-10 in 77 blk...after I saw the recent construction photo I realise it was not a good unit...so I canceled and book this..anybody here also bought the same stack.....but worried for the upcoming residential project in the front land...
Hi buddy. I'm in the same block as you. Just
that I'm on stack 42. Good choice. I thot all the units in block 77 are long gone. Hehe. Still available?:p

desquire
28-03-12, 18:48

Anyone here has a HDB that you will rent out and move into Waterview once it's completed? How does property tax works?

4% on Waterview and 10% on HDB rental? Any one have idea how much property tax on tropical? That will be a good estimate.

Thanks
I will rent out the HDB once it's completed. Heard as early as next year's 3rd quarter. Discovered it's already written on the board over there.

I'm not sure about these taxes and policies too. I'm staying at street 71 at current. :D

East Lover
28-03-12, 18:50

Welcome to FEC!

#02-10 will have tenis court noise, and the so-called pool view may be blocked by stack 16. but... since #44 is facing tampines ave 1, you may have even more bigger road noise... good point is that you will have green view for these few years, and it's closer to main entry :)
http://tampineswaterview.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/site-plan.jpg

East Lover
28-03-12, 18:57
that I'm on stack 42. Good choice. I thot all the units in block 77 are long gone. Hehe. Still available?:p
Last night i just noticed the pool view from 2 bedder e.g #10 will be blocked by block 79... so i guess there are still have some low floor left over. :o

jbtay
28-03-12, 21:17

Thanks

The 2nd property that you intend to rent out will be taxed at 10% of the annual value which is assessed each year based on the estimated yearly market rent of comparable properties. For the owner-occupied property, since 1 Jan 2001, instead of the flat 4% on the AV, its 0% for the first $6000, 4% on the next $59,000 and 6% on remaining AV exceeding $65,000. For 2011, my 3 bedder at Aquarius 1324 sq ft was assessed by IRA to have an AV of $27k.
Hope this helps. Also once WV achieves TOP, IRA could start charging 10% on WV and you could try writing to IRA if you are delayed in moving in due to renovations or some other genuine reasons etc and try to claim for owner concession for WV instead of the other apartment (assuming the other property has lower AV) and IRA will consider the request. I had done it for Aquarius before due to some genuine reasons (my ID and contractor Homestead went bankrupt which reminds me - never pay in full or any large portion for any renovation works etc - as when coy goes bust, you will never get your moneys back as you are last in the Q)
Hope this helps :cheers4: Hurrah for 3Q 2013

payel
29-03-12, 02:10
Welcome to FEC!

#02-10 will have tenis court noise, and the so-called pool view may be blocked by stack 16. but... since #44 is facing tampines ave 1, you may have even more bigger road noise... good point is that you will have green view for these few years, and it's closer to main entry :)

http://tampineswaterview.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/site-plan.jpg
Hi EastLover, I am thankful to u....after seeing ur uploaded photos i decided not take that unit(77)....but I am unlucky in this unit also as govt already put tender for the front forest .....so next few yrs probably I have to see lots of constructions work going on just infront of our balcony with bonus point heavy noise from ave 10.... :doh: ....ple upload that side photo also whenever u r uploading other side photos.....

payel
29-03-12, 02:12

oh, that's grt !...ur's is poolside view right..? u won't get any noise also I guess....

East Lover
29-03-12, 09:15
Hi EastLover, I am thankful to u....after seeing ur uploaded photos i decided not take that unit(77)....but I am unlucky in this unit also as govt already put tender for the front forest .....so next few yrs probably I have to see lots of constructions work going on just infront of our balcony with bonus point heavy noise from ave 10.... :doh: ....ple upload that side photo also whenever u r uploading other side photos.....
you are welcome. i'm taking photo from Tropica, so i can only take from the inside...:p i will try to cover more blocks. for the outside view, you are welcome to visit our ulu tampines ave 1 more often :D

by the way, blk 79 is already at level 11, blk 77 & 81 are at lvl 10 liao, if i count correctly during my jogging... so 2/3 archived? Q3 2013 no longer a dream???

desquire
29-03-12, 09:20
you are welcome. i'm taking photo from Tropica, so i can only take from the inside...:p i will try to cover more blocks. for the outside view, you are welcome to visit our ulu tampines ave 1 more often :D

by the way, blk 79 is already at level 11, blk 77 & 81 are at lvl 10 liao, if i count correctly during my jogging... so 2/3 archived? Q3 2013 no longer a dream???

the '93' tortoise has left it's shell behind and taking a romantic stroll with the rabbit... zzzzzzz....:sleep: :sleep: :sleep:

East Lover
29-03-12, 09:28
the '93' tortoise has left it's shell behind and taking a romantic stroll with the rabbit... zzzzzzz....:sleep: :sleep: :sleep:
haha you are right. once '93' tortoise started to catch up, TOP at 2013 will be more and more real... :cheers5:

East Lover
29-03-12, 11:58

Caspian thread talking about ID liao... next year we will discuss the similar things ok? :cheers4:

Hmm since I have my 3D so let me start the ball rolling by sharing with all future neighbours my 3D 1st....anyway not confirm yet...still some fine tuning to be done...any opinion is appreciated....

Shoe cabinet

Living room

Dining hall

Bedroom 2

MBR

huddy
29-03-12, 12:05
anyone has an idea if there is washing bay in our carpark? haha

payel
29-03-12, 12:51

I want this 93 to be deer and run faster....he he.:D

desquire
29-03-12, 12:58
Caspian thread talking about ID liao... next year we will discuss the similar things ok? :cheers4:
Wow! That's really fast!!! The space there is very generous!!! Nice!!!:D

desquire
29-03-12, 13:00
anyone has an idea if there is washing bay in our carpark? haha

It should be located in every block. Maybe one in each block at least? Anyone has any info on this? :ashamed1:

desquire
29-03-12, 13:04
I want this 93 to be deer and run faster....he he.:D

We will get our keys last...:sleep: :sleep: :sleep:

They already celebrating Xmas 2013 and New Year 2014 and cheering on for WC Jun 2014 while we still waiting for window panels to be up. Haahaha!!!:scared-3: :scared-3: :scared-3:

I hope my stack don't get too much noise vibrations from the road there. Not sure myself. Must wait for completion that I will have a better idea what it's like... last block really... grrrrr....:cheers1:

East Lover
29-03-12, 13:53
Wow! That's really fast!!! The space there is very generous!!! Nice!!!:D
they have baywindows... we safe the $$$ for this but cut the floor area..:doh:

East Lover
29-03-12, 13:55
It should be located in every block. Maybe one in each block at least? Anyone has any info on this? :ashamed1:
Tropica only has 1 in the end of car park, can wash 2 cars at same time... WV should be same i guess?
btw, just curious, does it matter where is the washing bay?

joycewangwen
29-03-12, 18:03
Forgive my ignorance...any body can give a theory why the air compressor space is so big in WV?

I think the space is counted into the floor area.:doh: at least 4 square meters, I think.

Any one have any idea of how it could be utilized?

East Lover
29-03-12, 18:37
Forgive my ignorance...any body can give a theory why the air compressor space is so big in WV?

I think the space is counted into the floor area.:doh: at least 4 square meters, I think.

Any one have any idea of how it could be utilized?
simply because developer wants to make big big money! after baywindow and planter no longer part of GFA, developer now give big big and many many balconies and huge aircon ledge.
无商不奸啊!:hell-hath-no-fury:

minami-san
30-03-12, 00:40
I will rent out the HDB once it's completed. Heard as early as next year's 3rd quarter. Discovered it's already written on the board over there.

I'm not sure about these taxes and policies too. I'm staying at street 71 at current. :D

I am on the neighbouring block, stack 39 also facing the current green forest. Sad to know that the land opposite will soon have property - anybody know if HDB / condo / EC? Now, hoping i can still get a glance of the quarry view from the balcony, even with the opposite development up. Sigh, I was also late - bought last year in May.

Stoney Stone Stone
30-03-12, 01:16
I am on the neighbouring block, stack 39 also facing the current green forest. Sad to know that the land opposite will soon have property - anybody know if HDB / condo / EC? Now, hoping i can still get a glance of the quarry view from the balcony, even with the opposite development up. Sigh, I was also late - bought last year in May.

Taken from ridepinky. #2974

http://www.hdb.gov.sg/fi10/fi10296p.nsf/PressReleases/939D024DFECD62BE482579C1003305CB?OpenDocument

payel
30-03-12, 01:24

yeah I am also hoping to get a glance of the quarry view.....but expecting high noise from traffic and construction.......the front forest land will be used to build condos.....urs one also high floor..?

payel
30-03-12, 01:39
We will get our keys last...:sleep: :sleep: :sleep:

They already celebrating Xmas 2013 and New Year 2014 and cheering on for WC Jun 2014 while we still waiting for window panels to be up. Haahaha!!!:scared-3: :scared-3: :scared-3:

I hope my stack don't get too much noise vibrations from the road there. Not sure myself. Must wait for completion that I will have a better idea what it's like... last block really... grrrrr....:cheers1:

u r in stack 42 still worried about noise?..then what should we do...?..probably this.....:banghead:.....:D....but I am really scared .....was thinking will get the key in 2nd quarter and celebrate Sg independence day, which comes before xmas...:cheers1:
people say what ever period developer say as top they generally finish before 1-2 qtr...isn't it true??

desquire
30-03-12, 08:07

I think a pocket view of the quarry is still possible with the layout of your block. These days there are so many developments. We're really spoilt for choice. We can view a showflat and once we hop onto the next one, our head will start to spin. Decisions, and more 'spinning' decisions... I'm pretty sure we didnt buy the wrong development. :)

Nothing is perfect and ever good enough. Personally I think WV is liveable and more family oriented. Nice, cosy and not too close to central where the action is (can check out with our seasoned 'Tropica-nas'...:tongue3:

With the nice people we're going to meet and hang out with... I'm contented... hehehhee...:p

There's always a better one out there even though we already think that what we have is the best at present. So stay put, enjoy and smile...:D

desquire
30-03-12, 08:10
u r in stack 42 still worried about noise?..then what should we do...?..probably this.....:banghead:.....:D....but I am really scared .....was thinking will get the key in 2nd quarter and celebrate Sg independence day, which comes before xmas...:cheers1:
people say what ever period developer say as top they generally finish before 1-2 qtr...isn't it true??

Hehe. Not worried but we have already purchased it. So noise no noise, just either bear with it or rent it out. It's not like a pack of potato chips where we can just dump it and get another. Hehe.

I think the last keys will probably be handed over sometime 1st quarter 2014. Possibly to be the infamous snail block... '93'....zzzzz....:sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep:

payel
30-03-12, 11:07
Hehe. Not worried but we have already purchased it. So noise no noise, just either bear with it or rent it out. It's not like a pack of potato chips where we can just dump it and get another. Hehe.

I think the last keys will probably be handed over sometime 1st quarter 2014. Possibly to be the infamous snail block... '93'....zzzzz....:sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep:
ist qtr 2014??....:scared-5::scared-1::scared-5::scared-1::scared-5::scared-1::sleep::sleep::sleep:

Grande
30-03-12, 20:11
I just came back from floating platform. From there, I can see my stack (stack 26).
From site plan, I thought I can only see pocket reservoir view, but now maybe got hope of having wider angle of reservoir view :) *pray hard*

minami-san
30-03-12, 23:17
yeah I am also hoping to get a glance of the quarry view.....but expecting high noise from traffic and construction.......the front forest land will be used to build condos.....urs one also high floor..?
Yep. Mine is high floor. hope can get some quarry view even when the condo opposite is up. Must pray hard hard!

minami-san
30-03-12, 23:21
I think a pocket view of the quarry is still possible with the layout of your block. These days there are so many developments. We're really spoilt for choice. We can view a showflat and once we hop onto the next one, our head will start to spin. Decisions, and more 'spinning' decisions... I'm pretty sure we didnt buy the wrong development. :)

Nothing is perfect and ever good enough. Personally I think WV is liveable and more family oriented. Nice, cosy and not too close to central where the action is (can check out with our seasoned 'Tropica-nas'...:tongue3:

With the nice people we're going to meet and hang out with... I'm contented... hehehhee...:p

There's always a better one out there even though we already think that what we have is the best at present. So stay put, enjoy and smile...:D
You are right! We haven't regretted our decision to buy WV. Love the layout and the reservoir at our doorsteps. And now with the nice folks in the same estate, We are really looking forward to moving in and meeting one another!

payel
31-03-12, 01:57
I just came back from floating platform. From there, I can see my stack (stack 26).
From site plan, I thought I can only see pocket reservoir view, but now maybe got hope of having wider angle of reservoir view :) *pray hard*

what is floating platform....?..stack 26 is poolside view right.?..how come from there also can see reservoir...that's grt....lucky u.... :)

payel
31-03-12, 02:04
Yep. Mine is high floor. hope can get some quarry view even when the condo opposite is up. Must pray hard hard!
if I can't see quarry view I will die as that's the only hope I have....:D can't take so much disadvantages only ....must get that view otherwise will end up saying 'just another condo' about WV......I don't want to say that......I love WV.:tongue3:...praying hard.....

Grande
31-03-12, 07:39
what is floating platform....?..stack 26 is poolside view right.?..how come from there also can see reservoir...that's grt....lucky u.... :)

Floating platform is a platform that is floating on Bedok Reservoir. It is behind Sheng Siong. When there are performances, it will be used as a stage, otherwise, its there for residents to sit and enjoy the breeze and the floating feeling :)

Stack 26 has pool view and a bit of reservoir view (between blocks 79 and 81)

Really hope the reservoir view have wider angle than I thought...kekeke

Kengar
31-03-12, 18:19
Missing info from kuikkuik & auroraborealis :D

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-hvZ6joU8R04/T3bZh1tH6jI/AAAAAAAAAPo/5DaWS1WSIfE/s489/Microsoft%2520Excel%2520-%2520Stack%2520%2520%255BCompatibility%2520Mode%255D%25203132012%252061604%2520PM.jpg

payel
02-04-12, 14:15
do u people have any idea what type of cooker hob developer giving..? Agent told me that's induction cooker...which I think not very convenient to use..so I ask for gas cooker hob and gas pipeline...they agreed but don't know whether they will charge or not....or how much will be the charge....:scared-5:

joycewangwen
02-04-12, 16:08
do u people have any idea what type of cooker hob developer giving..? Agent told me that's induction cooker...which I think not very convenient to use..so I ask for gas cooker hob and gas pipeline...they agreed but don't know whether they will charge or not....or how much will be the charge....:scared-5:
Are you sure?
This is a shocking news to us.:scared-1:

latour
02-04-12, 16:11
Are you sure?
This is a shocking news to us.:scared-1:

I was told by reno contractors before, those build-in induction cooker needs a separate clean circuit which is up to 20/30Amp. Is that true?

joycewangwen
02-04-12, 16:13
Missing info from kuikkuik & auroraborealis :D

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-hvZ6joU8R04/T3bZh1tH6jI/AAAAAAAAAPo/5DaWS1WSIfE/s489/Microsoft%2520Excel%2520-%2520Stack%2520%2520%255BCompatibility%2520Mode%255D%25203132012%252061604%2520PM.jpg
Mine is stack 40. Thanks.

desquire
02-04-12, 17:06
Am I missing something here? Thet are giving the normal gas cooking hob isn't it? That was it at the showroom. Induction version probably for special units?

It was techno gas or something. Maybe I'm blur as usual. :tongue3:

jbtay
02-04-12, 17:39
Am I missing something here? Thet are giving the normal gas cooking hob isn't it? That was it at the showroom. Induction version probably for special units?

According to the specs in the brochure, it says under Additional Items v) "Town gas supply to kitchen cooker hob will be provided to units where appropriate". Not sure what appropriate is meant to refer to? However, note that under Item iv) there is mention of gas water heater or electric storage heater, and since there was no mention of anything "induction" in Item v), I would think that it would be difficult for them to supply induction type hob instead of gas.

Also, the electrical point that is provided for "cooker hob point" under the Electrical Schedule applied to all unit types. That electrical point I believe is a switch for the piezo ignition to produce the spark to light up the gas burner.
Hence my conclusion, is that all unit types are provided with gas hobs.
:47:

East Lover
02-04-12, 23:25
According to the specs in the brochure, it says under Additional Items v) "Town gas supply to kitchen cooker hob will be provided to units where appropriate". Not sure what appropriate is meant to refer to? However, note that under Item iv) there is mention of gas water heater or electric storage heater, and since there was no mention of anything "induction" in Item v), I would think that it would be difficult for them to supply induction type hob instead of gas.

Also, the electrical point that is provided for "cooker hob point" under the Electrical Schedule applied to all unit types. That electrical point I believe is a switch for the piezo ignition to produce the spark to light up the gas burner.
Thanks! I second u :) should be gas hobs lah...

Kengar
02-04-12, 23:31

Yeah it was the Tecno brand.. i dont think it is SL's style to give induction ones... haha

BTW i just confirm with Shirley on my modifications, i decided to save the trouble and pay the extra $200 for the soft closing hinges for the bathroom mirror cabinets.. i know it is "chop carrot head" but wanna avoid the inconveniences. :D

payel
03-04-12, 00:50

oh now I am totally confused!:confused: Agent told me induction cooker...Shirlay told us that for gas line it will be chargeable....the provision u mentioned I also noticed in sales & purchase agreement before....don't know, have to wait until top to confirm?....I haven't seen the show flat so I don't no what exactly was there.....

payel
03-04-12, 00:54
I was told by reno contractors before, those build-in induction cooker needs a separate clean circuit which is up to 20/30Amp. Is that true?
so u also heard that they will give build in induction cooker?

desquire
03-04-12, 07:05
oh now I am totally confused!:confused: Agent told me induction cooker...Shirlay told us that for gas line it will be chargeable....the provision u mentioned I also noticed in sales & purchase agreement before....don't know, have to wait until top to confirm?....I haven't seen the show flat so I don't no what exactly was there.....
If you get to see the showflat, you would be extremely impressed that you won't even want to know if it's inductionor gas for the hob, the place would hv blown you away. :p

jbtay
03-04-12, 08:25
so u also heard that they will give build in induction cooker?

For 1 bedder and Soho units, some developers provide induction hobs because they know these guys who stay in these units seldom cook, but not for families like us, induction just won't do.

Let me make a few calls, I have some friends in town gas and they are the people advising on the gas pipes routing and installation.:cheers6:

jbtay
03-04-12, 11:09
For 1 bedder and Soho units, some developers provide induction hobs because they know these guys who stay in these units seldom cook, but not for families like us, induction just won't do.

Let me make a few calls, I have some friends in town gas and they are the people advising on the gas pipes routing and installation.:cheers6:

from what I gather, developers may have no choice but to provide induction hobs if there is an issue with ventilation as gas burners need good natural ventilation for proper combustion. In cases of dry and open concept kitchens where the kitchen area does not have windows or open to freely ventilated areas, then likely induction hobs. In WV case, all kitchens have windows that vent to the yard, so no special requirement has been imposed. I gather that the gas piping layout has been approved. So see no reason why induction hobs will be provided, unless developer is giving us free standing induction hobs, in addition to the gas hobs. Also gather that gas water heaters will be provided, 24 will be of the reheat type with circulating pump for penthouses only and the rest the normal type. Understand that the normal type should work fine as the distance of the hot water pipes will be very short to the bathrooms. Heater needs to be at the yard for good ventilation.
Hope this will give comfort. :cheers5:

payel
03-04-12, 17:00
If you get to see the showflat, you would be extremely impressed that you won't even want to know if it's inductionor gas for the hob, the place would hv blown you away. :p

Is it??..Oh! I missed it....feeling excited..:cheers5:.. hope the original will be as good as showflat.....
but Shirlay told us the gas pipeline will be chargeable..that irritated me......:mad:
can't wait to shift in.....:)

minami-san
03-04-12, 23:04
from what I gather, developers may have no choice but to provide induction hobs if there is an issue with ventilation as gas burners need good natural ventilation for proper combustion. In cases of dry and open concept kitchens where the kitchen area does not have windows or open to freely ventilated areas, then likely induction hobs. In WV case, all kitchens have windows that vent to the yard, so no special requirement has been imposed. I gather that the gas piping layout has been approved. So see no reason why induction hobs will be provided, unless developer is giving us free standing induction hobs, in addition to the gas hobs. Also gather that gas water heaters will be provided, 24 will be of the reheat type with circulating pump for penthouses only and the rest the normal type. Understand that the normal type should work fine as the distance of the hot water pipes will be very short to the bathrooms. Heater needs to be at the yard for good ventilation.
Hope this will give comfort. :cheers5:
Hi! I have spoken to Shirley today. Only gas hobs will be provided.

payel
04-04-12, 00:13
Hi! I have spoken to Shirley today. Only gas hobs will be provided.
any extra charges need to pay...? there will be gas pipeline also right?

Kengar
04-04-12, 21:38
New Format.. easier to read? ;)

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-tqm24hwTJMc/T3xMyukhiBI/AAAAAAAAAQA/cC45TFfV6mM/s512/Fullscreen%2520capture%2520442012%252092914%2520PM.jpg

East Lover
04-04-12, 23:56
New Format.. easier to read? ;)

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-tqm24hwTJMc/T3xMyukhiBI/AAAAAAAAAQA/cC45TFfV6mM/s512/Fullscreen%2520capture%2520442012%252092914%2520PM.jpg
Hi bro, thanks for your great effort! Appreciated!

WV residents are truly Friendly East Club! FEC is much better than FEO :D

Btw next time can link to our sitemap? Even better :rolleyes:

Kengar
05-04-12, 00:02
Yeah I thought of doing that just now, but I think the fonts will look very small.
Let me brainstorm :D

Hi bro, thanks for your great effort! Appreciated!

WV residents are truly Friendly East Club! FEC is much better than FEO :D

Btw next time can link to our sitemap? Even better :rolleyes:

minami-san
05-04-12, 00:06
any extra charges need to pay...? there will be gas pipeline also right? Nope, I didn't ask about the gas pipeline. Anyway, I have requested Shirley to omit the hood & hob as I wanted to get my own hood and induction hob (at my own expense) :)

desquire
05-04-12, 00:10
Eight cheers for Bro Kengar for his effort in bringing us all together!!
:D :p :D :p :D :p :D :p !!!

Thanks bro. I'm sure all the guys here appreciate your kind effort!! Hip hip hooray!!! Fantastic job done!!

bombe
05-04-12, 10:04
hi all, i just joined this group...hope to make some friends here...hee.. :cheers4:

actually the unit belongs to my in laws la...they bought stack 11 last oct... all the other projects in the area beyond their budget already so i brought them to see WV. i know this area very well cos i stayed at res rd for over 20 years and i was previously an agent specialising in east areas...

they wanted a 2-br unit and not much left by then...serveral choices for them but in the end they chose stack 11 cos partial pool view and no risk of some development coming up to block cos it's facing inside.

they know got tennis court but then again it's not every day people will play and at most up to 10pm. whereas facing road 24/7 also have noise...

i'm into photography and bowling la...so any friends here into those can give me tips to learn from u all also... SAFRA tampines is nearby to bowl and got reservoir for photography! ha ha...

Denlim
05-04-12, 10:26
hi all, i just joined this group...hope to make some friends here...hee.. :cheers4:

actually the unit belongs to my in laws la...they bought stack 11 last oct... all the other projects in the area beyond their budget already so i brought them to see WV. i know this area very well cos i stayed at res rd for over 20 years and i was previously an agent specialising in east areas...

they wanted a 2-br unit and not much left by then...serveral choices for them but in the end they chose stack 11 cos partial pool view and no risk of some development coming up to block cos it's facing inside.

they know got tennis court but then again it's not every day people will play and at most up to 10pm. whereas facing road 24/7 also have noise...

i'm into photography and bowling la...so any friends here into those can give me tips to learn from u all also... SAFRA tampines is nearby to bowl and got reservoir for photography! ha ha...

Welcome aboard and as for hobbies, I am pretty similar to you with bowling and a bit of photography. Besides these, I am into jogging and cycling as well and maybe we can form interst groups in future: bowling, photography,cycling or running club etc...

bombe
05-04-12, 10:33
Welcome aboard and as for hobbies, I am pretty similar to you with bowling and a bit of photography. Besides these, I am into jogging and cycling as well and maybe we can form interst groups in future: bowling, photography,cycling or running club etc...

thanks!

don't see many neighbours in the same block... so far 2 others in block 77...

just curious ah...is there restrictions on doing photo shoot at/in the pool? yes...in the pool...underwater shoots. the model dont have to be in bikini...sometimes can be dress... of cos it will be weekday day time to minimise inconvenicence to others...but is it generally ok?

my in laws staying with me at res view now and will move in after WV is done... like to cycle but no place in my HDB to put bicycle so never buy bicycle... i go bowling almost every week at safra tamp though...

jbtay
05-04-12, 20:20
Yeah I thought of doing that just now, but I think the fonts will look very small.
Let me brainstorm :D

Thanks Kengar, good work, certainly is much clearer.
Just got lawyer's letter for the next 10% for reinforced concrete framework.
We, lower floor guys will be billed first! ha ha, but better sooner than later if we want to keep our hopes alive for Xmas 13.
Went to see Luxurie and Watertown showflats over the weekend, and the progress of A Treasure Trove is so much faster.

East Lover
06-04-12, 16:14
Thanks Kengar, good work, certainly is much clearer.
Just got lawyer's letter for the next 10% for reinforced concrete framework.
We, lower floor guys will be billed first! ha ha, but better sooner than later if we want to keep our hopes alive for Xmas 13.
Went to see Luxurie and Watertown showflats over the weekend, and the progress of A Treasure Trove is so much faster.
I noticed they are working concurrently! Floor 10 workers are building the wall n frame, floor 3 workers are doing bricks or even interior things. Early in the morning of public holiday they are still hard working!

desquire
06-04-12, 19:16
WV is going pretty strong at this moment. Maybe cause TOP in about a year or so. They sold a decent number compared to the time when the showflat is around. Surprisingly, the numbers are really something I'm shocked to find out. :D

jbtay
07-04-12, 14:21
I noticed they are working concurrently! Floor 10 workers are building the wall n frame, floor 3 workers are doing bricks or even interior things. Early in the morning of public holiday they are still hard working!

Thanks for the info, East Lover. Happy to note they are hard at work. Hope no more rain. Very soon, will have to look for ID. Have started my own design journal, cutting out pics of Living room, Study and Bedrooms, etc of designs we look and paste them on the journal. Our way of showing the ID later on, basically what we like to cut short the design process, rather than for the ID to show what they have done.

Just sent to Shirley an additional request for change. Not sure if she can accept at this late stage. Basically, we want to have an open concept btw Bedroom 3 and Living room and do away with the Bedroom 3 wall opposite the kitchen, seal up Bedroom 3 door and on the Living Room side have the wall only up to where the Living Room aircon will be. Then after TOP, we intend to install Bi-fold sliding wooden/glass doors, and use Bedroom 3 as a study cum piano room. Also requested Shirley to quote for ironwood/chengal for the Balcony in place of the homogeneous tiles.
Hope still in time, otherwise, getting approvals for hacking the walls after TOP could take some time!!.

Based on BCA guidelines for minor alterations that do not need BCA approval, installing windows in balcony areas don't need their approval. However, under URA guidelines, URA needs to approve from the planning viewpoint. Most likely we can do it only after the 1 year maintenance.
Cheers

East Lover
07-04-12, 21:03
Thanks for the info, East Lover. Happy to note they are hard at work. Hope no more rain. Very soon, will have to look for ID. Have started my own design journal, cutting out pics of Living room, Study and Bedrooms, etc of designs we look and paste them on the journal. Our way of showing the ID later on, basically what we like to cut short the design process, rather than for the ID to show what they have done.

Just sent to Shirley an additional request for change. Not sure if she can accept at this late stage. Basically, we want to have an open concept btw Bedroom 3 and Living room and do away with the Bedroom 3 wall opposite the kitchen, seal up Bedroom 3 door and on the Living Room side have the wall only up to where the Living Room aircon will be. Then after TOP, we intend to install Bi-fold sliding wooden/glass doors, and use Bedroom 3 as a study cum piano room. Also requested Shirley to quote for ironwood/chengal for the Balcony in place of the homogeneous tiles.
Hope still in time, otherwise, getting approvals for hacking the walls after TOP could take some time!!.

Based on BCA guidelines for minor alterations that do not need BCA approval, installing windows in balcony areas don't need their approval. However, under URA guidelines, URA needs to approve from the planning viewpoint. Most likely we can do it only after the 1 year maintenance.
Cheers
That was my initial idea also! After decided to use first room as study room, I was thinking to remove the wall n use the foldable glass door, but we gave up as we have too many books, we need the L shap to build up book cases. You reminded me, I ever wrote to Shirley to not install the wardrobe but forgot to follow up with her....

Pls keep us posted ur ID idea, photos, must be very excited :spliff:

We went to the palette show flat today, and I noticed that NV are almost done up! How come I had the impression that both WV n NV are sold at same time??? If that's the case, our WV are too slow :cool:

bombe
09-04-12, 16:56
how to get actual floorplans ah? i need some measurements to check out some stuff...

joycewangwen
09-04-12, 18:31
how to get actual floorplans ah? i need some measurements to check out some stuff...

Floorplan with dimension data is not available at this time, according to Shirley.

One alternative is to sneak into the construction site, bring a ruler, do the measurement to get the true data.:rolleyes:

jbtay
09-04-12, 18:46
That was my initial idea also! After decided to use first room as study room, I was thinking to remove the wall n use the foldable glass door, but we gave up as we have too many books, we need the L shap to build up book cases. You reminded me, I ever wrote to Shirley to not install the wardrobe but forgot to follow up with her....

Pls keep us posted ur ID idea, photos, must be very excited :spliff:

We went to the palette show flat today, and I noticed that NV are almost done up! How come I had the impression that both WV n NV are sold at same time??? If that's the case, our WV are too slow :cool:

Yes, went to Palette to take a look yesterday. I also recall, last year when I went to look at Livia, before TOP, NV was just starting foundations work, and WV had by then already completed the foundations. Now WV is far behind!!.

Your Doublebay should have TOP soon. My colleague rented out Modena bout a year ago, around $4.5k, his was a 4 bedder. He was lucky to have bought a jumbo HDB resale and still could keep Modena before the new rules set in.

Shirley replied me yesterday, too late now for further changes. Anyway, nothing fixed in concrete till we sign on the dotted line with ID, and thats quite some time down the road.

desquire
10-04-12, 08:04
The total number of units sold by the developer for a specific development could be one of the contributing factors to it's speed. NV and ATT were selling like hot cakes while WV was just a plain apple pie.

Wait till you have bite on it. The pie doesn't come in any packaging and is defnitely yummilicious on the outside and tender sweet inside. It's a taste you must try before you learn to appreciate it...

Not surprisingly, the queue for the pies are getting hotter and longer... Shop will be closing soon. Grab and have a taste of the sweet affordable pies before it's gone!! :p

East Lover
10-04-12, 10:08
Yes, went to Palette to take a look yesterday. I also recall, last year when I went to look at Livia, before TOP, NV was just starting foundations work, and WV had by then already completed the foundations. Now WV is far behind!!.

Your Doublebay should have TOP soon. My colleague rented out Modena bout a year ago, around $4.5k, his was a 4 bedder. He was lucky to have bought a jumbo HDB resale and still could keep Modena before the new rules set in.

Shirley replied me yesterday, too late now for further changes. Anyway, nothing fixed in concrete till we sign on the dotted line with ID, and thats quite some time down the road.
I called shirley also, she said early 2014!:doh: she just doesn't want to promise it....

but hoh there is 2 new banner posted outside WV wall facing ave 10. and blk 77 3rd floor is doing kind of OT last time, many workers are doing interrior there... they said no last time, but maybe changed mind, showflat??

jbtay
10-04-12, 10:09
The total number of units sold by the developer for a specific development could be one of the contributing factors to it's speed. NV and ATT were selling like hot cakes while WV was just a plain apple pie.

Wait till you have bite on it. The pie doesn't come in any packaging and is defnitely yummilicious on the outside and tender sweet inside. It's a taste you must try before you learn to appreciate it...

Not surprisingly, the queue for the pies are getting hotter and longer... Shop will be closing soon. Grab and have a taste of the sweet affordable pies before it's gone!! :p

I second u on that. Ha ha, plain Jane, sweet and simple, gives u flexibility to dress her up whichever way u want. Read in one of the post in WFW, that the showflat by Su Misura costs $180k!!. SL decided to save on the costs and hopefully put the moneys in the actual facilities. For the 3 bedder, BR2 and BR3 sizes look decent enough compared to say the Luxurie, still can't figure out how SL did it with such a large backyard balcony, which is almost equivalent to a 4th bedroom! or have I got my measurements wrong!!!:confused:

desquire
10-04-12, 10:55
I second u on that. Ha ha, plain Jane, sweet and simple, gives u flexibility to dress her up whichever way u want. Read in one of the post in WFW, that the showflat by Su Misura costs $180k!!. SL decided to save on the costs and hopefully put the moneys in the actual facilities. For the 3 bedder, BR2 and BR3 sizes look decent enough compared to say the Luxurie, still can't figure out how SL did it with such a large backyard balcony, which is almost equivalent to a 4th bedroom! or have I got my measurements wrong!!!:confused:

This is the thing I fear most!! Kengar has gone to the actual showflat to take the actual measurements of the showflat some time back. You will be surprised what the figures are... :confused: :confused: :confused:

I rest my mind... else the stress will come back to me....:scared-3: :scared-3: :scared-3:

Kengar
10-04-12, 12:28
Haha I am pretty sure the showflat is much bigger than the actual final unit. My current hdb is same size as WV unit and yet the latter can fit 2 balconies! And I think my Hdb is already not big.

This is the thing I fear most!! Kengar has gone to the actual showflat to take the actual measurements of the showflat some time back. You will be surprised what the figures are... :confused: :confused: :confused:

I rest my mind... else the stress will come back to me....:scared-3: :scared-3: :scared-3:

desquire
10-04-12, 13:14
Haha I am pretty sure the showflat is much bigger than the actual final unit. My current hdb is same size as WV unit and yet the latter can fit 2 balconies! And I think my Hdb is already not big.

The nightmares are back...:scared-3: :scared-3: :scared-3:

jbtay
10-04-12, 15:18

based on my earlier type C enlarged plan, and assuming SL's floorplan is to scale,
and measuring off on the basis that kitchen countertop depth should be standard 60cm (2 ft), I got the measurements as shown in spreadsheet, which is reasonably close to the declared floor area for type C.
If this is correct, size of rooms is still not too bad.

payel
10-04-12, 20:26
I called shirley also, she said early 2014!:doh: she just doesn't want to promise it....

but hoh there is 2 new banner posted outside WV wall facing ave 10. and blk 77 3rd floor is doing kind of OT last time, many workers are doing interrior there... they said no last time, but maybe changed mind, showflat??

early 2014:doh::doh::banghead:!!..now a days whenever raining I got scared for WV....last week I visited WV site. My block 44 really a snail block...only upto 3rd story they build ..where as some block 8th floor already build up....:scared-3: should we regret for buying it...??:scared-2:

desquire
10-04-12, 20:57

I was there on the last day of the showflat. I left the place around 6pm. I was told that the built up unit was a sample for the workers. Maybe every block will have one so that they can replicate the rest with similar standards. Hehe. Logical right. No more showflat for buyers. Boo hoo!!:tongue3:

Kengar
11-04-12, 08:45
Drove past this morning and saw the new advertisement boards mentioned by Sister Eastlover, the ones along Ave 10 quite nice , there are also new ones advertising Trilliant along Ave 1, SL really makes full use of the space. I thought Centrale8 would need more help in advertising. Haha

desquire
11-04-12, 09:02
Drove past this morning and saw the new advertisement boards mentioned by Sister Eastlover, the ones along Ave 10 quite nice , there are also new ones advertising Trilliant along Ave 1, SL really makes full use of the space. I thought Centrale8 would need more help in advertising. Haha

Only the hidden '8' in WV thrives... the other one tails... almost a goner!:sleep:

East Lover
11-04-12, 09:31
I was there on the last day of the showflat. I left the place around 6pm. I was told that the built up unit was a sample for the workers. Maybe every block will have one so that they can replicate the rest with similar standards. Hehe. Logical right. No more showflat for buyers. Boo hoo!!:tongue3:
yes i remember you said so last time. but hoh, even last night i still saw the workers were happily doing up your #03-13, that was almost 10PM, they turned on the light!

i really hope SL can just use that bare flat to show off her nature beauty, WV 天生丽质,no need heavy make up to attract buyers :)

I went to watertown last week (eventually), the showflats are sooo nice, but the price... :doh: so 羊毛出在羊身上. we'd rather SL save the ID cost for us :D

desquire
11-04-12, 09:44
yes i remember you said so last time. but hoh, even last night i still saw the workers were happily doing up your #03-13, that was almost 10PM, they turned on the light!

i really hope SL can just use that bare flat to show off her nature beauty, WV 天生丽质,no need heavy make up to attract buyers :)

I went to watertown last week (eventually), the showflats are sooo nice, but the price... :doh: so 羊毛出在羊身上. we'd rather SL save the ID cost for us :D

True true...
The 13 and all the front stacks are moving up pretty fast...
Just my snail 42...
Maybe left it's shell behind...
They're searching for it in the reservoir...:witches-brew:

jbtay
11-04-12, 13:31

My wife drove past yesterday on her way to Ikea to buy the tea lights (100 for $4+, new stocks just came in), said they were doing the 5th floor for stack 46, but complained that the site looks very cramped, with the blocks very close together. So I did some comparison.
Aquarius total site area 444560 sq ft, 10 blocks , 18 floors, 720 units, WV 341650 sq ft, 12 blocks, 15 floors, 696 units. Aquarius site area 30% bigger, but only 3.5% more units, so WV is indeed more concentrated.
However, a positive way to look at it would be, less area to maintain, so should be cheaper maintenance fee, anyway got so much green and recreational area outside WV "free of charge", so no need so big internal area.

East Lover
11-04-12, 15:27
True true...
The 13 and all the front stacks are moving up pretty fast...
Just my snail 42...
Maybe left it's shell behind...
They're searching for it in the reservoir...:witches-brew:
to make you feel better, the window glass are put up for block 77 #03-13 & #03-14 already :D

so maybe SL just rush for showflat lah... not blk 77 that faster than your stack 42 :rolleyes:

East Lover
11-04-12, 15:29
My wife drove past yesterday on her way to Ikea to buy the tea lights (100 for $4+, new stocks just came in), said they were doing the 5th floor for stack 46, but complained that the site looks very cramped, with the blocks very close together. So I did some comparison.
Aquarius total site area 444560 sq ft, 10 blocks , 18 floors, 720 units, WV 341650 sq ft, 12 blocks, 15 floors, 696 units. Aquarius site area 30% bigger, but only 3.5% more units, so WV is indeed more concentrated.
However, a positive way to look at it would be, less area to maintain, so should be cheaper maintenance fee, anyway got so much green and recreational area outside WV "free of charge", so no need so big internal area.
i received fly from agent, saying these 2 plots opp WV are open from sales. from the map, it seems WV are much bigger than these 2 plots, and wider than Tropica, but shorter also...

I think we should compare with new projects like Watertown, not old projects, that will make us feel much spacious... :ashamed1: hahaha

Kengar
11-04-12, 15:57
Looks like if they really have #03-13 as showflat.. i can assess earlier if i wanna move in to live or sell/rent out by TOP. :rolleyes:

to make you feel better, the window glass are put up for block 77 #03-13 & #03-14 already :D

so maybe SL just rush for showflat lah... not blk 77 that faster than your stack 42 :rolleyes:

desquire
11-04-12, 16:55
Looks like if they really have #03-13 as showflat.. i can assess earlier if i wanna move in to live or sell/rent out by TOP. :rolleyes:
Bro, after all your effort and excitement, I'm sure you will want to day there upon TOP. Hehe. Guarantee and chop 188%!!:D

jbtay
11-04-12, 16:57

ha ha, I have the same idea too, considering that my older flat is more spacious, near to the future MRT and if WV complete in 2014, my boy got less than a year left in Temasek Poly, also now leaning towards the 3 room layout at Archipelago which is much nearer the future MRT.

East Lover
11-04-12, 17:15
ha ha, I have the same idea too, considering that my older flat is more spacious, near to the future MRT and if WV complete in 2014, my boy got less than a year left in Temasek Poly, also now leaning towards the 3 room layout at Archipelago which is much nearer the future MRT.
jatlek! i have the same feeling also! :doh:

i'm looking for resale one instead - bigger size, better location, better price. no no for new project, even worse than WV!

joycewangwen
11-04-12, 19:49

I would suggest SL to use #05-13 & #05-14 for showflat, so can see 'water view'.

3th floor can only see 'tree view'.:tongue3:

desquire
11-04-12, 20:49
Suddenly everyone at WV wanna sell their units. Hmmmmm. Maybe I follow suit also. Hehe. Buy new one lah!!!:tongue3:

East Lover
12-04-12, 09:03
Suddenly everyone at WV wanna sell their units. Hmmmmm. Maybe I follow suit also. Hehe. Buy new one lah!!!:tongue3:
dont like that lah.... let's see the actual unit first. maybe not that bad... at this time, where else can find a nice nature view facing project at 9xx psf? nowadays standard prices at OCR is 1200psf :tongue3:

desquire
12-04-12, 09:43
dont like that lah.... let's see the actual unit first. maybe not that bad... at this time, where else can find a nice nature view facing project at 9xx psf? nowadays standard prices at OCR is 1200psf :tongue3:

If all our WV FEC sell and rent... not fun already mah... i follow suit lah... my HDB still best leh... Ithink WV is great but I will leave my HDB with a very heavy heart... I will be back there one day... my first love....:p

jbtay
12-04-12, 11:21
If all our WV FEC sell and rent... not fun already mah... i follow suit lah... my HDB still best leh... Ithink WV is great but I will leave my HDB with a very heavy heart... I will be back there one day... my first love....:p

No worries. Nothing's cast in stone. Plans will keep on changing. Change is the only thing thats permanent. But changing flat isnt as easy as changing shoes. Overall WV is still pretty good in comparison, so lets wait and see. Meanwhile ID designs also keep on changing. Otherwise, nothing much to do leh.:sleep:

desquire
12-04-12, 11:32
No worries. Nothing's cast in stone. Plans will keep on changing. Change is the only thing thats permanent. But changing flat isnt as easy as changing shoes. Overall WV is still pretty good in comparison, so lets wait and see. Meanwhile ID designs also keep on changing. Otherwise, nothing much to do leh.:sleep:

Hehhehe... i like...

let's relax in this nice weather... . :sleep: :sleep: :sleep:

Kengar
12-04-12, 11:55
Saw in other forums that the buyers of Parc Vera & A Treasure Trove are also excitedly waiting for TOP and talking about making modifications to their homes. :D

desquire
12-04-12, 12:18
Saw in other forums that the buyers of Parc Vera & A Treasure Trove are also excitedly waiting for TOP and talking about making modifications to their homes. :D

here comes the crawling snail again....

Kengar
13-04-12, 16:09
NV now building water tanks.

FYI - NV 600 units, launched in Sept 2010 ; WV 696 units launched in Nov 2010.

2 months apart only and so different in speed. Wonder if it is NV developer faster than norm or is our SL slower than norm? haha :confused:

East Lover
13-04-12, 17:02
NV now building water tanks.

FYI - NV 600 units, launched in Sept 2010 ; WV 696 units launched in Nov 2010.

2 months apart only and so different in speed. Wonder if it is NV developer faster than norm or is our SL slower than norm? haha :confused:
CDL vs SL...
Btw, bro Kengar, you are very resourceful!!! Now we have a clearer picture - WV only launched 2 mths later than NV, but TOP will be 1 YEAR later :banghead: !

hyenergix
13-04-12, 18:31
CDL vs SL...
Btw, bro Kengar, you are very resourceful!!! Now we have a clearer picture - WV only launched 2 mths later than NV, but TOP will be 1 YEAR later :banghead: !

CDL uses lego method to construct.

Kengar
13-04-12, 19:02

The pre-fab method?

desquire
13-04-12, 21:17
:eek: :eek: :eek: What does this mean? Good? Any impact on the construction? Why didn't SL adopt this method? Hmmmm. Thanks :D

kEN9170
13-04-12, 22:31
:eek: :eek: :eek: What does this mean? Good? Any impact on the construction? Why didn't SL adopt this method? Hmmmm. Thanks :D

Livia is using lego way to construct. The wall is very thin. You can hear your next door neighbour talking at nite. :tsk-tsk:

hyenergix
14-04-12, 07:07

Yes, I do notice the walls are generally thinner. However it is still better than gypsum partition. The good side is there is consistency in quality of the wall.

http://news.xin.msn.com/en/singapore/article.aspx?cp-documentid=5809118

joycewangwen
15-04-12, 16:09
Any one have any idea on the future WV shuttle bus?

If have, likely what is the time in AM and PM?

Kengar
16-04-12, 12:51
Not bad.. sold 9 in March (after showflat closed), at median of $904psf (increased over previous 6 months which hover $880psf range).

Now 89.3% sold with 74 left to go. :D

Eastguy
16-04-12, 14:11
Hi....Received the statement from the lawyer for the framework payment on friday. Mine is 07-05:cheers4: .......can't wait to move in.

Kengar
16-04-12, 17:48
Hi....Received the statement from the lawyer for the framework payment on friday. Mine is 07-05:cheers4: .......can't wait to move in.

This is the type of letter from lawyer/banks we all love to receive and pay.... at least until TOP. :cheers1:

Eastguy
16-04-12, 21:14
[QUOTE=Kengar]This is the type of letter from lawyer/banks we all love to receive and pay.... at least until TOP. :cheers1:[/QUOT

Yes....looking forward to next payment:cheers4:

payel
17-04-12, 00:47
Not bad.. sold 9 in March (after showflat closed), at median of $904psf (increased over previous 6 months which hover $880psf range).

Now 89.3% sold with 74 left to go. :D

I am sure this '74' no didn't include mine....:tongue3:....now it won't be more than 73...:cheers6:

Kengar
17-04-12, 08:11
Bro you bought one more unit recently on top of your stack 44?
What's the stack number of the latest one?

I am sure this '74' no didn't include mine....:tongue3:....now it won't be more than 73...:cheers6:

desquire
17-04-12, 10:05
:eek: :eek: ... wah two units? Very nice.

Bro Kengar I think the numbers recorded over February total sales is a spillover from the one recorded in March (individual). Some lagging or so from the URA side. Maybe due to administratve matters. I guess should have about 70 units left at present.

If we look at the madness over at Bishan, I treasure what I have. The same sized unit would have set us back by 2m easily over there. Maybe WV is not at a good and classy location but double the price is something to ponder about. Haha!:scared-3: :scared-3: :scared-3:

payel
17-04-12, 11:10

no no my sales & purchase agreement was delayed due to cancellation of ist unit....so the unit I bought will be recorded in the month of April, as we signed the agreement in last week only......

payel
17-04-12, 11:17
:eek: :eek: ... wah two units? Very nice.

Bro Kengar I think the numbers recorded over February total sales is a spillover from the one recorded in March (individual). Some lagging or so from the URA side. Maybe due to administratve matters. I guess should have about 70 units left at present.

If we look at the madness over at Bishan, I treasure what I have. The same sized unit would have set us back by 2m easily over there. Maybe WV is not at a good and classy location but double the price is something to ponder about. Haha!:scared-3: :scared-3: :scared-3:
got no money to buy 2 units....:p...but location wise WV is not so bad .... if u see Flora drive condos u will cherish what u have , specially the view....

desquire
17-04-12, 13:06
got no money to buy 2 units....:p...but location wise WV is not so bad .... if u see Flora drive condos u will cherish what u have , specially the view....

We people have the same taste hence the same development... Hehe.

I would never buy Bishan lah. Nothing there for me. Here we have everything (maybe not to others though). Reasonble convenient and everything lse is within reach. Location wise WV is ideal. At a corner to reap th water fengshui. :p :p :p

East Lover
17-04-12, 14:19
Thanks for our dear foreign workers kept on working on Saturday – see the supervisor, see the blue screen for blk 79 #03 units, see the workers who are receiving the bricks… 我们的美好家园是一砖一瓦建造的!http://i1203.photobucket.com/albums/bb400/vw_progress/IMG_0131.jpg

East Lover
17-04-12, 14:20
City view
http://i1203.photobucket.com/albums/bb400/vw_progress/IMG_0112-Copy.jpg

East Lover
17-04-12, 14:22
http://i1203.photobucket.com/albums/bb400/vw_progress/IMG_0115-Copy.jpg

bombe
17-04-12, 14:45
Thanks for our dear foreign workers kept on working on Saturday – see the supervisor, see the blue screen for blk 79 #03 units, see the workers who are receiving the bricks… 我们的美好家园是一砖一瓦建造的!

so where the crane is unloading bricks is stack 11 and where the one in blue helmet is standing is stack 10? so below them is the tennis court lor...

that's the stack that my in laws bought! ha ha ha...

desquire
17-04-12, 18:30
Last image to the right. Shortie, very depressing. Hahaha!!:cheers1:

payel
17-04-12, 19:16
Last image to the right. Shortie, very depressing. Hahaha!!:cheers1:
yeah I understand what u mean....:(:(...last month it was in the same level...still same....:(...:banghead:

desquire
17-04-12, 23:21
Sis, in fact there are many lower floors units which already have had the black window frames installed. Don't know if theta are for the windows. It's all about the front runners!!!:hell-hath-no-fury:

Kengar
17-04-12, 23:26
Looks like a lot of units are getting their frames!

I find the ground floor units a bit strange looking, there seems to be a small window opening in between the carpark and ground floor unit. Ventilation for the carpark?

Anyone any ideas?

Thanks for our dear foreign workers kept on working on Saturday – see the supervisor, see the blue screen for blk 79 #03 units, see the workers who are receiving the bricks… 我们的美好家园是一砖一瓦建造的!http://i1203.photobucket.com/albums/bb400/vw_progress/IMG_0131.jpg

minami-san
18-04-12, 00:31
Sis, in fact there are many lower floors units which already have had the black window frames installed. Don't know if theta are for the windows. It's all about the front runners!!!:hell-hath-no-fury: I hope the window frames will be WHITE in the end....maybe they will paint White later the stage, or the black that we see are the stickers (which will be peeled off) protecting the white frames :D

minami-san
18-04-12, 00:33
I recall some of us were talking about installing fully open doors (instead of sliding doors) for balcony. Can this be done? What is the "usual practice" for condos? Can we install ourselves?

desquire
18-04-12, 07:14
I hope the window frames will be WHITE in the end....maybe they will paint White later the stage, or the black that we see are the stickers (which will be peeled off) protecting the white frames :D
Yup, definitely the layer of protectant stickers. They can be black in colour. Hehe. :)

East Lover
18-04-12, 10:25
Looks like a lot of units are getting their frames!

I find the ground floor units a bit strange looking, there seems to be a small window opening in between the carpark and ground floor unit. Ventilation for the carpark?

Anyone any ideas?
Constructor said its used to store cables stuff. U will not see it once all the ground floor link together

East Lover
18-04-12, 10:30
How come nobody comment the beautiful water + city views? That's one of our selling points! In fact I saw one adv in sat classified that one WV 4-bedder is asking 1.5mil! :)

City view
http://i1203.photobucket.com/albums/bb400/vw_progress/IMG_0112-Copy.jpg

payel
18-04-12, 11:17
How come nobody comment the beautiful water + city views? That's one of our selling points! In fact I saw one adv in sat classified that one WV 4-bedder is asking 1.5mil! :)
Yes It's beautiful....even those who can't see the water body from their unit no need to worry..just 2 min walk from WV to Bedok Reservoir side...& once u go there u will forget everything...it's so beautiful....!!

desquire
18-04-12, 11:34
Yes It's beautiful....even those who can't see the water body from their unit no need to worry..just 2 min walk from WV to Bedok Reservoir side...& once u go there u will forget everything...it's so beautiful....!!

Yeah WV is pretty decent in that sense. We have the view and convenince. A little further and not too near, so in that sense, crowd is not an issue at the area for now. I;m not sure when the other condos are up at the Arc as well as the two plots which are upo for sales.:p

Kengar
18-04-12, 13:05
On a good weather, the morning sunrise view of the reservoir is very stunning (around 7.45am to 8.00am).. Guarantee plus chop. :D

Blue sky, blue water, with streaks of sunlight reflected off the waters ...

If got chance, hopefully Sis East Lover can capture one shot for us to savour.

jbtay
18-04-12, 14:38
On a good weather, the morning sunrise view of the reservoir is very stunning (around 7.45am to 8.00am).. Guarantee plus chop. :D

Blue sky, blue water, with streaks of sunlight reflected off the waters ...

If got chance, hopefully Sis East Lover can capture one shot for us to savour.

My colleague took this on 7 Nov 11 at 61.2pm. I think he's at the 12th floor, said he could see the NDP fireworks.:cool:

Kengar
18-04-12, 21:57
Winner shot! Now we need a morning one to complete the picture. :cheers1:

My colleague took this on 7 Nov 11 at 61.2pm. I think he's at the 12th floor, said he could see the NDP fireworks.:cool:

Kengar
18-04-12, 21:59
Also got my lawyer letter today to inform that bank has disbursed the 10% for reinforced concrete framework .. time to start paying installments liao :tongue3:

[quote=Kengar]This is the type of letter from lawyer/banks we all love to receive and pay.... at least until TOP. :cheers1:[/QUOT

Yes....looking forward to next payment:cheers4:

minami-san
18-04-12, 22:18
Yup, definitely the layer of protectant stickers. They can be black in colour. Hehe. :)
Phew! Good to hear that :D

bombe
18-04-12, 23:50
yeah I understand what u mean....:(:(...last month it was in the same level...still same....:(...:banghead:

eh...faster or slower now don't matter right?...TOP will be same time right?

jbtay
19-04-12, 11:19

But of course, actually we can consider ourselves fortunate, we get to pay later than most, but TOP same time. Actually, even after concrete framework, brickworks, roofing, still got utilities to install i.e. cables, gas pipes, plumbing, not to forget clubhouse, pools, and finally internal drains, sewers, roads, etc, so really the actual dwelling units will not be the last.
By the end of this year, most likely, all stacks should be up to the roof.:sleep:

desquire
19-04-12, 12:15
But of course, actually we can consider ourselves fortunate, we get to pay later than most, but TOP same time. Actually, even after concrete framework, brickworks, roofing, still got utilities to install i.e. cables, gas pipes, plumbing, not to forget clubhouse, pools, and finally internal drains, sewers, roads, etc, so really the actual dwelling units will not be the last.
By the end of this year, most likely, all stacks should be up to the roof.:sleep:

Haha! Perfect explanation! Let's hibernate for now...:sleep: :sleep: :sleep:

payel
19-04-12, 12:35
I don't know.....:(..people r saying TOP will itself delay...according to developer's site it was 3rd quarter 2013 but now they r saying 1st qtr 2014...6 mths delay?...is it acceptable....?

bombe
19-04-12, 15:10
I don't know.....:(..people r saying TOP will itself delay...according to developer's site it was 3rd quarter 2013 but now they r saying 1st qtr 2014...6 mths delay?...is it acceptable....?

acceptable? as long as they don't exceed the legal completion date there's zip you can do about it! ha ha ha...

bombe
19-04-12, 15:13

i'm no expert in construction but i notice they always build from the inside outwards in terms of the blocks. i think this is cos the cranes and other heavy machines cannot go too far in once the outer blocks are up. thus blocks on the inside always reach the roof 1st...

i have a unit at waterbank and it's the same thing. my block is the last one and it's already completed when the block near the guardhouse only half done.

payel
19-04-12, 16:31
acceptable? as long as they don't exceed the legal completion date there's zip you can do about it! ha ha ha...
yeah I know that...but it's hard to accept....:( when they want to sell the unit they will highlight this TOP date so much , even agent told us developers may finish before 6 mths of expected TOP...but once the unit sold...that highlighted TOP will be faded & u can't do anything....so irritating.....

chestnut
19-04-12, 17:34
yeah I know that...but it's hard to accept....:( when they want to sell the unit they will highlight this TOP date so much , even agent told us developers may finish before 6 mths of expected TOP...but once the unit sold...that highlighted TOP will be faded & u can't do anything....so irritating.....

If TOP is delayed, the developer will need to compensate teh buyers financially. So developers will do their best to complete before TOP.

Kengar
19-04-12, 18:12
It is also in the interests of developer to complete faster in order to get the progressive payments. We will get there... :cheers1: I am taking my time to plan every inch of the renovations now hee hee.

If TOP is delayed, the developer will need to compensate teh buyers financially. So developers will do their best to complete before TOP.

East Lover
19-04-12, 19:52
The WV adv in classified said direct developer sales, TOP dec 2013!

payel
20-04-12, 13:48
The WV adv in classified said direct developer sales, TOP dec 2013!

oh...previously they posted in their website or location site I can't remember as 3rd qtr of 2013! even agent also told the same.....

Kengar
22-04-12, 22:45
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-sCdO9cknHYc/T5QYGmuE2zI/AAAAAAAAAQM/-ic1jWIeMXQ/s720/DSC04109%2520fb.jpg

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-KKtgLtlKjLE/T5QY4U8sWuI/AAAAAAAAAQU/Go-DxVuUtJY/s512/DSC04110%2520fb.jpg

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-OSWj--jaK9I/T5QZD1GlEuI/AAAAAAAAAQc/Tgr15P2UDGA/s512/DSC04111%2520fb.jpg

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-5e0mF1nz-eU/T5QZYvQ4dFI/AAAAAAAAAQk/RtalxG6N8pg/s512/DSC04114%2520fb.jpg

desquire
23-04-12, 07:00
Every stack has its own 'brick unit'. They are definitely model units and not just the reservoir units are having them. I don't think the are merely meant for showroom purposes but a sample for the workers to view and replicate.

Thanks Kengar!:p

forestfire
23-04-12, 08:43
Hi all, do you think the plywood projecting out from each block represents the Swimming Pool level?

bombe
23-04-12, 10:03
Hi all, do you think the plywood projecting out from each block represents the Swimming Pool level?

from what i see seems to be between 1st and 2nd floor...so weird that 2nd floor onwards bricks are laid but 1st floor unit haven't...anyone know why?

Stoney Stone Stone
23-04-12, 14:43
from what i see seems to be between 1st and 2nd floor...so weird that 2nd floor onwards bricks are laid but 1st floor unit haven't...anyone know why?

If I'm not mistaken, the mention 1st floor with no brick laid is the basement carpark.

jbtay
23-04-12, 14:51
Every stack has its own 'brick unit'. They are definitely model units and not just the reservoir units are having them. I don't think the are merely meant for showroom purposes but a sample for the workers to view and replicate.

Thanks Kengar!:p

Lovely pics, thanks Kengar.
Went back to look at the pics in Jan 12. Looks like about 1 storey every 3 weeks, so for the tortoise stacks, looks like 9 more storeys will take about 27 weeks ie reach the top say around Nov 12. Once at rooftop, estimate is about 10 months from there to TOP, so possibly Sep 13 at the earliest, 3 months for renovation, touch and go for Xmas 13 but good bet for CNY 2014. :cheers4:

East Lover
23-04-12, 15:57
Went back to look at the pics in Jan 12. Looks like about 1 storey every 3 weeks, so for the tortoise stacks, looks like 9 more storeys will take about 27 weeks ie reach the top say around Nov 12. Once at rooftop, estimate is about 10 months from there to TOP, so possibly Sep 13 at the earliest, 3 months for renovation, touch and go for Xmas 13 but good bet for CNY 2014. :cheers4:
cool! that align with their notice board - completion date: Q3 2013.

let's hope we can have our xmas 2013 celabration at WV :D

East Lover
23-04-12, 15:59
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-5e0mF1nz-eU/T5QZYvQ4dFI/AAAAAAAAAQk/RtalxG6N8pg/s512/DSC04114%2520fb.jpg
thanks for the update. noticed a lot of window frames are installed, but only #03 installed glasses.... showflat please! let us see the actual waterview earlier :D

chmei
23-04-12, 16:16
Just to share (maybe some of you have also heard the news) the developer has raised Waterview's price due to hot market condition (Demand and high benchmark set by Sky@ Bishan) with immediate effect.

Kengar
23-04-12, 17:49
Wahh quite confident wor... no more showflat and still raise price? :eek:

Just to share (maybe some of you have also heard the news) the developer has raised Waterview's price due to hot market condition (Demand and high benchmark set by Sky@ Bishan) with immediate effect.

desquire
23-04-12, 17:54
I love your Math!! You're simply good with numbers!

Something like seven months away from November, till the snail reaches the peak, we shall:sleep:

payel
24-04-12, 01:06

from the above calculation I am feeling so relax, happy & excited...:D:cheers2::tongue3:

East Lover
24-04-12, 12:33
currently the bus stop at Tropica side and opp Tropica, many ppl jaywalk tampines ave 1 for shortcut, you know how fast the cars drive in ave 1 lah, very dangerous... if EC TOP and 2 more condos built oppt WV, i believe more ppl will jaywalk.

will gov build a overhead bridge at WV area? this kind of thing whom shall we ask? URA? MP? but tampines ave 1 one side is PAP, one side is WP leh :doh:

Stoney Stone Stone
24-04-12, 12:51
currently the bus stop at Tropica side and opp Tropica, many ppl jaywalk tampines ave 1 for shortcut, you know how fast the cars drive in ave 1 lah, very dangerous... if EC TOP and 2 more condos built oppt WV, i believe more ppl will jaywalk.

will gov build a overhead bridge at WV area? this kind of thing whom shall we ask? URA? MP? but tampines ave 1 one side is PAP, one side is WP leh :doh:

PAPWP - Please Assure People Walk Properly:D

jbtay
24-04-12, 13:38

ha ha, very apt, we need also a few kopitiams; lrt can wait, with all these breakdowns, walk probably faster;
with online networking, perhaps gather supporters from Tropica, WV, ARC and put proposal to both parties; whoever delivers get the vote next polling
:banana:

desquire
24-04-12, 14:25
Hahahah. I like. :D

desquire
24-04-12, 14:29
ha ha, very apt, we need also a few kopitiams; lrt can wait, with all these breakdowns, walk probably faster;
with online networking, perhaps gather supporters from Tropica, WV, ARC and put proposal to both parties; whoever delivers get the vote next polling
:banana:
The wise man of WV has spoken. Always sensible and fair in your theory and analysis. I'm sure they have plans awaiting for the two other developments and EC to be up at that area.

A Quarry Park MRT station will be ideal. Nothing beats that!!:cheers3:

bombe
24-04-12, 14:33

who to ask is simple...LTA...this is under LTA to decide if want to build overhead bridge. But it's pretty near the traffic light so they may end up just telling you they should use the traffic light.

most prob they have to wait until someone gets knocked down then they will consider building the bridge... usual govt way of working...

East Lover
24-04-12, 17:48
who to ask is simple...LTA...this is under LTA to decide if want to build overhead bridge. But it's pretty near the traffic light so they may end up just telling you they should use the traffic light.

most prob they have to wait until someone gets knocked down then they will consider building the bridge... usual govt way of working...
oh no, that will be too late! :banghead:

forestfire
25-04-12, 16:09
if you study the picture carefully, you will see the orientation is not NS, but rather South-West/ North-East for living hall and bedrooms. that mean certain amount of direct sunlight will hit inside.

If you visit the showflat, you will notice there are some afternoon sun in the bedrooms, so the actual unit will hit more suns as the actual direction towards to west more... SL even cheap us for the facing!!!

http://astro.unl.edu/naap/motion3/animations/sunmotions.swf

Go to this site & enter "The Observer's Latitude" = 1.3 degree North
(for Singapore), adjust the "Motions of the Sun Simulator" flat so that it's NNE & SSW facing (blocks 77 & 79). Then activate "Start Animation".

Here you shall be able to tell the sun direction throughout the year.
Try it.

East Lover
25-04-12, 18:09

(for Singapore), adjust the "Motions of the Sun Simulator" flat so that it's NNE & SSW facing (blocks 77 & 79). Then activate "Start Animation".

Try it.
Cool! you are sooo knowledgable! thanks a lot!

i chose step by days, and chose the time to 3:30PM, i can see the endless afternoon sun to our beautiful water view facing rooms! :banghead:

definetly cant save money on 3M film liao!

forestfire
25-04-12, 19:05
EastLover - I'm glad that you got it.
Your unit facing the reservoir has half the year no afternoon sun (ie, from Oct to Mar). And the Master-bedroom walls usu has double layers plus insulation in between, though the sun shines on it - it's not hot.

East Lover
25-04-12, 19:13
Your unit facing the reservoir has half the year no afternoon sun (ie, from Oct to Mar). And the Master-bedroom walls usu has double layers plus insulation in between, though the sun shines on it - it's not hot.
Dear forestfire, thanks!! no wonder i noticed there are no much sunlights inside the rooms recently... i thought it's due to the brick wall! it's acutally related to the seaon :p 厉害!厉害!

maybe we can convince SL to install the solar panel on all the west-facing walls, so we can save $$$ for our WV facilities.. and SL can become one of GREEN enterprise :D

joycewangwen
25-04-12, 19:28

Forestfire, is this calculation correct?

Block79 and 77 is not perfectly facing south, it's biasing 30deg south to west.

In June, the afternoon sun impinges from 23deg west to north:tongue3:. block79 and 77 will have sun hit from 23+30=53deg angle. This is the worst month.

In December, the afternoon sun impinges from 23deg west to south:). block79 and 77 will have sun hit from -23+30=7deg angle. This is the best month.

joycewangwen
25-04-12, 19:36
btw, here 90deg impinge angle is worst direct sun hit.

0deg to minus 180deg means totally no sun hit.

forestfire
25-04-12, 20:23
Forestfire, is this calculation correct?

Block79 and 77 is not perfectly facing south, it's biasing 30deg south to west.

In June, the afternoon sun impinges from 23deg west to north:tongue3:. block79 and 77 will have sun hit from 23+30=53deg angle. This is the worst month.

In December, the afternoon sun impinges from 23deg west to south:). block79 and 77 will have sun hit from -23+30=7deg angle. This is the best month.

I used it to assess my present place it's accurate. Test it with your present home now to determine how accurate it is.

East Lover
25-04-12, 20:57
I used it to assess my present place it's accurate. Test it with your present home now to determine how accurate it is.
both forestfire and joycewangwen, you are my heroes! frankly speaking, i have lost in the maths jungles :ashamed1:

so half year hot, half year cool, if want to sell for good price, best time is after collect key and before April 2014 hahaha.:rolleyes:

East Lover
25-04-12, 21:02

Try it.
don't mind to check with you again - 'adjust the "Motions of the Sun Simulator" flat ' means i manually turn the glob to SSW roughly right? i can't see any degree after my turning, so aga aga?:confused:

joycewangwen
25-04-12, 21:28
don't mind to check with you again - 'adjust the "Motions of the Sun Simulator" flat ' means i manually turn the glob to SSW roughly right? i can't see any degree after my turning, so aga aga?:confused:

Drag the globe to downgrade 3D to 2D, like this pic.

Then it looks easy to understand. the yellow ball is the afternoon sun at 3:30pm.

East Lover
25-04-12, 21:38
Drag the globe to downgrade 3D to 2D, like this pic.

Then it looks easy to understand. the yellow ball is the afternoon sun at 3:30pm.
thanks. but the shadow is the sun direction if the stick man facing west directly correct?:confused:

so we manually compute the sun direction? as you said: 23+30=53deg angle ?

joycewangwen
25-04-12, 21:55
thanks. but the shadow is the sun direction if the stick man facing west directly correct?:confused:

so we manually compute the sun direction? as you said: 23+30=53deg angle ?

i think so, but not sure...

minami-san
25-04-12, 22:45
Just to share (maybe some of you have also heard the news) the developer has raised Waterview's price due to hot market condition (Demand and high benchmark set by Sky@ Bishan) with immediate effect. Wow! How much is the price increase?

craze
26-04-12, 08:40
Wow! How much is the price increase?

According to price list, price adjust by 2%.

bombe
29-04-12, 18:18
taken yesterday at almost 7pm.

joycewangwen
30-04-12, 15:56
taken yesterday at almost 7pm.
一道残阳铺水中,半江瑟瑟半江红。:)

desquire
30-04-12, 16:30
Any translator? Eng-rish? Hehe. :confused:

joycewangwen
30-04-12, 17:02
Brother, this kind poem can't be translated. 90% of the 神韵和意境 will disappear if have to be translated.

Generally and simply, this poem is talking about the beautiful sunset.;)

desquire
30-04-12, 17:26
Brother, this kind poem can't be translated. 90% of the 神韵和意境 will disappear if have to be translated.

Generally and simply, this poem is talking about the beautiful sunset.;)
Ahhhh... I see. Must be something from the Tang Dynasty or something. Hehe. :D

carbuncle
30-04-12, 17:59
Direct lousy translation: One ray of decaying sun captured in the water; half river bluish half river red. Sophisticated translation: Rays of light playfully colors the waters in the receding sun

teddybear
30-04-12, 20:17
Still need to translate? Picture explains thousand words which reflects this sentence which is part of a poem - done by 白居易 during Tang Dynasty;)

desquire
30-04-12, 20:33
Still need to translate? Picture explains thousand words which reflects this sentence which is part of a poem - done by 白居易 during Tang Dynasty;)
Thanks there. The poem is definitely about the beauty of the scenery.:p Just that I was wondering the exact words in Chinese were for it's not my mother tongue. :D

joycewangwen
30-04-12, 21:35
The beauty of sunset is an eternal topic and inspired thousands of poets or artists in human history.

For our waterviewers, we have the luxury to enjoy the beautiful waterfront sunset almost daily.:) :)

I hope the beautiful bedok reservoir sunset could inspire us WVers to find:

Fortune
Love
Peace
Health
The truthiness of life...

carbuncle
30-04-12, 21:51
The beauty of sunset is an eternal topic and inspired thousands of poets or artists in human history.

For our waterviewers, we have the luxury to enjoy the beautiful waterfront sunset almost daily.:) :)

I hope the beautiful bedok reservoir sunset could inspire us WVers to find:

Fortune
Love
Peace
Health
The truthiness of life...

Truthfulness. :):):)

joycewangwen
30-04-12, 21:58
Truthfulness. :):):)
Uncle, please don't laugh la. The English dictionary has more words than you thought.:tongue3:

Check tis la:o

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Truthiness

carbuncle
30-04-12, 22:02
Uncle, please don't laugh la. The English dictionary has more words than you thought.:tongue3:

Check tis la:o

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Truthiness

U read thoroughly. Not proper. Coined recently only. Wakakakaka

joycewangwen
30-04-12, 22:09
U read thoroughly. Not proper. Coined recently only. Wakakakaka

yes...this new word gave me an good impression when it was selected as the best new words in 200X by UASA ah moh (can't remember the exact year).

i use it because i like it, not because i mis-spell it, anyway, thanks a lot, my dear uncle....hahaha:D:D

carbuncle
30-04-12, 22:13
yes...this new word gave me an good impression when it was selected as the best new words in 200X by UASA ah moh (can't remember the exact year).

i use it because i like it, not because i mis-spell it, anyway, thanks a lot, my dear uncle....hahaha:D:D

U r welcome.... I actually dunno why i backside itchy so kaypo here oso wakakaka sorry

minami-san
01-05-12, 08:44
How i wish they build a dog run in Bedok Reservoir, like the one in Bishan Park. Think my doggie will miss his dog run in Bishan Park after we move to WV. Anybody knows whether such a suggestion has been raised before and the reason they reject, if any?

East Lover
02-05-12, 20:45
How i wish they build a dog run in Bedok Reservoir, like the one in Bishan Park. Think my doggie will miss his dog run in Bishan Park after we move to WV. Anybody knows whether such a suggestion has been raised before and the reason they reject, if any?
good idea, my dog will like it too!

i didn't notice there is a dog run, but i know there is a dog trainer at entry of reservior park, saw many dogs went to 'training' there...

why not you write to LTA and let us know the update?

East Lover
02-05-12, 20:48
found this info - it seems we have to wait long long for our blk79 showflat :D

it's 12th floor now. 3 more to reach the top, so how long more to wait??

http://www.bca.gov.sg/TOPCSC/topcsc_faqs.html#q6

Q6Is a TOP required for the use of a unit as a show-flat /show house in a newly completed condominium?Ans

Yes. The pre-requisites for a TOP must be complied with. The building block housing the show flat /show house must be completed. Proper hoarding and barricade must be constructed to separate works under TOP from that under construction.

jbtay
03-05-12, 10:59
[QUOTE=East Lover]found this info - it seems we have to wait long long for our blk79 showflat :D

it's 12th floor now. 3 more to reach the top, so how long more to wait??

http://www.bca.gov.sg/TOPCSC/topcsc_faqs.html#q6

Q6Is a TOP required for the use of a unit as a show-flat /show house in a newly completed condominium?Ans

Yes. The pre-requisites for a TOP must be complied with. The building block housing the show flat /show house must be completed. Proper hoarding and barricade must be constructed to separate works under TOP from that under construction[SIZE=2].

Yes, I recall that when I bought Aquarius which was Phase II, the showflat was an actual unit, but by then Phase II had already TOP.
Anyway, spoken to Shirley (Sim Lian) yesterday and today, my proposed relocation of power point inside the HS cannot be approved, any my backup plan to have the fridge then in the dining area (at the wall where the dining air-con is) may also run into a bit of hitch, as there is no power outlet on that wall (as it shares the same wall as the HS and therefore no power point can be provided as that wall cannot be hacked). Also she mentioned that any other relocation of electrical points cannot be entertained now (since my unit is on the 4th floor) as all the electrical wiring has already been encased in the wall!!. Looks like SL is really speeding up the works.

East Lover
03-05-12, 14:27
Yes, I recall that when I bought Aquarius which was Phase II, the showflat was an actual unit, but by then Phase II had already TOP.
Anyway, spoken to Shirley (Sim Lian) yesterday and today, my proposed relocation of power point inside the HS cannot be approved, any my backup plan to have the fridge then in the dining area (at the wall where the dining air-con is) may also run into a bit of hitch, as there is no power outlet on that wall (as it shares the same wall as the HS and therefore no power point can be provided as that wall cannot be hacked). Also she mentioned that any other relocation of electrical points cannot be entertained now (since my unit is on the 4th floor) as all the electrical wiring has already been encased in the wall!!. Looks like SL is really speeding up the works.
no more changes?

Initially i'm thinking of relocate the maid toilet door to facing backyard balcony, as it's too close to kitchen... but after I study the floor plan, it seems not possible right? the wall is double size think, meaning not possible to hack?
https://www.orangetee.com/FloorPlan/IMAGES/PROJECTS/2410/BIG/IMG_2DFPL1_2410TYPE%20E2.JPG

jbtay
03-05-12, 14:44
no more changes?

Initially i'm thinking of relocate the maid toilet door to facing backyard balcony, as it's too close to kitchen... but after I study the floor plan, it seems not possible right? the wall is double size think, meaning not possible to hack?
https://www.orangetee.com/FloorPlan/IMAGES/PROJECTS/2410/BIG/IMG_2DFPL1_2410TYPE%20E2.JPG

If you mean the thick wall in the yard toilet adjoining the balcony, where the washing machine is supposed to be on that side of the balcony, yes, looks like a structural wall and cannot demolish.
Oh yes, I recall you mentioned earlier that you intend to put your washing machine in the yard toilet.
As I'm on the 4th floor, Shirley said I'm too late, but yours is on the upper floor. Try talking to her.

East Lover
03-05-12, 15:30
If you mean the thick wall in the yard toilet adjoining the balcony, where the washing machine is supposed to be on that side of the balcony, yes, looks like a structural wall and cannot demolish.
Oh yes, I recall you mentioned earlier that you intend to put your washing machine in the yard toilet.
As I'm on the 4th floor, Shirley said I'm too late, but yours is on the upper floor. Try talking to her.
me too late also, 12th floor built already :scared-3:

anyway, i also doubt if SL will entertain us for the construction thing, all those must be approved long time ago... if i change the door towards to backyard, it will impact the contruction for upper floor i guess??

i noticed that the maid toilet has no window, have to keep the door open, but it's so close to kitchen! :banghead: don't know which green horn designer came out such idea... headache!

will you give up the maid toilet as many other FEC members requested?

azeoprop
03-05-12, 15:49
Update 3rd May 2012. :)

East Lover
03-05-12, 16:04
Update 3rd May 2012. :)
Hi azeoprop, thanks! very nice picture!

i realised the tree are really tall! blocked so much of so called 'unblocked' water views! who can we approach if we want to cut them or at least trim them lower?:(

East Lover
03-05-12, 16:07
borrow from waterfront thread...

jbtay
03-05-12, 16:43
me too late also, 12th floor built already :scared-3:

anyway, i also doubt if SL will entertain us for the construction thing, all those must be approved long time ago... if i change the door towards to backyard, it will impact the contruction for upper floor i guess??

i noticed that the maid toilet has no window, have to keep the door open, but it's so close to kitchen! :banghead: don't know which green horn designer came out such idea... headache!

will you give up the maid toilet as many other FEC members requested?

Yes, in my case, I don't have a maid and I don' want the smell that comes with a WC which will happen if it is rarely used. So my earlier changes agreed with SL was not to install the WC, but have only the wash basin and shower. SL will then tile up the vacant place with similar tiles as rest of WC. Wife still need the area as a wash area for rugs, mats, shoes, etc and for aircon man to clean the fan coil covers,etc, etc.
I also didn't want the fridge in the kitchen, so SL is extending the kitchen countertop and top and bottom cabinets in the space reserved for the fridge as we felt the countertop space is not enough for rice cooker, oven toaster, airpot, etc. That's why I need to look for a place to put the fridge.
I figure that if I knock down half section of wall of the bedroom adjoining the living room and the entire wall of the bedroom wall facing the kitchen and turn that to an open study, there will be ample space to walk around and I can have a small rectangular dining table located more towards the living room and put our fridge along the dining room wall and surround it with cabinets/ID. Not ideal but its a trade-off for more countertop space. :cool:

minami-san
03-05-12, 21:13
good idea, my dog will like it too!

i didn't notice there is a dog run, but i know there is a dog trainer at entry of reservior park, saw many dogs went to 'training' there...

why not you write to LTA and let us know the update?
Hmm...i think it may be NParks who may be in charge :) Yah, I will make a suggestion to them. Hope that it will be approved! :)

Kengar
05-05-12, 09:30
Finally sealed my final variation requests with Shirley yesterday via signed LOI, Sim Lian even provided a floor plan (similar to brochure) with clear markings of the modifications.

For those who are also finalizing the modifications, you may like to ensure the LOI include the following clauses

1) Payment for these modifications upon TOP (the original wordings were payment upon confirmation of LOI)

2) Modifications are inclusive in the Defects Liability Period (i.e. 12 months of TOP) - the original LOI did not have this clause.

Shirley was very helpful to work with her legal to incorporate these amendments. :D

jbtay
05-05-12, 12:35
Finally sealed my final variation requests with Shirley yesterday via signed LOI, Sim Lian even provided a floor plan (similar to brochure) with clear markings of the modifications.

For those who are also finalizing the modifications, you may like to ensure the LOI include the following clauses

1) Payment for these modifications upon TOP (the original wordings were payment upon confirmation of LOI)

2) Modifications are inclusive in the Defects Liability Period (i.e. 12 months of TOP) - the original LOI did not have this clause.

Shirley was very helpful to work with her legal to incorporate these amendments. :D

Congrats.
Agree that Shirley is very helpful. I concluded my LOI in Sep 2011, anyway I didn't have your cl 2, but my modifications quite straightforward. Also because of omissions, my modifications square off and no payment involved, and Shirley provided also a drawing showing all the modifications agreed.
She told me on Thu that for the dining room, the power socket is below the wall where the sliding glass window to the kitchen is located and is knee high and 300mm from the corner, so I will have no problem to locate the fridge on the HS wall, and still be able to conceal the socket with cabinets. So at least, this option for me is still alive. :)

East Lover
05-05-12, 16:40

Thanks for the sharing! No wonder there is no any payment for the marble flooring. She told me to pay by end of last year. Good that we can defer the payment till TOP :)

jbtay
08-05-12, 08:33
Happened to chance upon the Skyscraper forum thread on The Seaview condo. Upon TOP, there appear to be rave reviews of the classiness of the development even earning the billing of Admore of the East. Luxurious clubhouse, facilities, build quality, etc, etc in Sep 08, then 3 years later in Sep 11, a suit was launched by the MCST. Wonder what happened to that now. Which brings me to the question.... as owners of the individual units, we check for defects and submit defects list within 1 month of keys collection... but who looks after the common areas and facilities and ensure that defects are rectified. Presumably the MC, but during 1st year, MC is appointed by Developer. Albeit paid for by MCST via maintenance fees collected from residents, but would they be really independent, I wonder. and should residents collectively request MC to engage a Building Surveyor and PE to carry out checks for the MCST to lodge defects list for common areas and facilities. May be prudent to do things right from the very beginning rather than get into an expensive legal tussle 3 years down the road.
Wonder if someone can shed light on this.
So, in a way, am glad that SL appear to have taken a bit more time for the construction, of course, slow does not necessarily equate to quality works but rushing it thru certainly create concerns on quality. But hopefully also not too slow that they have to rush thru at the last minute to catch up.
Buying houses is really a big gamble, never quite sure of the end product and no chance even to test drive. :beats-me-man:

carbuncle
08-05-12, 11:23
Bro jb. Good insightful post. Unlike my nonsense wakakaka... Usually one can choose to buy only from reputable developer with solid track record to minimise the risk. Its the same as making any vendor selection or choosing quotes in business... In fact, same even for choosing groceries.

jbtay
08-05-12, 13:54
Bro jb. Good insightful post. Unlike my nonsense wakakaka... Usually one can choose to buy only from reputable developer with solid track record to minimise the risk. Its the same as making any vendor selection or choosing quotes in business... In fact, same even for choosing groceries.

agreed with you, ha ha, but developer is reputable, so was archi and M&E, of course we don't know the whole story. for groceries at least got chance to see if its fresh or if the tin is dented, rusty etc. really have to depend on the entire chain to ensure quality works, from developer, archi, M&E, main con, sub cons and most important foremen, etc. So far, for SL seems ok for its past projects, no major issues, defects there will always be, and SL modus operandi is "no surprises", gives u very much the same thing, barebones showflat, so already tempers your expectation (smart move!) and uses the same milk formula (from carabelle, clover, to rochelle ie same kitchen top, material and design, same wardrobe, etc, etc -so consistent standard avg quality and acceptable to most for the price. On the balance, risk should be low.

desquire
15-05-12, 19:04
Waterview recorded a sale of 8 units in April at an average of $886psf. 66 units to go!! Despite an increase in 2% for pricing (don't know how true) and the showflat being demolished.

The 8 is back with a new friend in 6!! :D

payel
16-05-12, 01:16
Waterview recorded a sale of 8 units in April at an average of $886psf. 66 units to go!! Despite an increase in 2% for pricing (don't know how true) and the showflat being demolished.

The 8 is back with a new friend in 6!! :D

where is the like button.....?...:D

bakasa2002
17-05-12, 16:10
No more showflat, so how to buy from SL for this proj ah?

forestfire
20-05-12, 09:03
Hi all, what's the progress of the project? Blocks 77 & 79 reached the penthouse level yet? Can TOP by June 2013, I wonder:doh: ? Sorry to ask so many questons, I live in far West.

Adva181
20-05-12, 15:41
I feel sorry for all the wv owner here. I stay in SL project before n they did it again. When I drove pass wv, I notice all the building external wall are made of bricks instead of concrete :doh:

Cut cost to the most n good luck to the owner.
I was once a victim too.

huddy
20-05-12, 16:55
I feel sorry for all the wv owner here. I stay in SL project before n they did it again. When I drove pass wv, I notice all the building external wall are made of bricks instead of concrete :doh:

I was once a victim too.

Hi Adva181, what's the down side of having brick walls comparing to precast concrete wall?

Komo
20-05-12, 17:12
I also heard clover quality no good. hear only.
what's the difference between bricks and concrete?:confused:

DC33_2008
20-05-12, 17:26
Just a different in speed of construction with the precast concreted faster & better control over workmanship. Hdb uses the latter ones for more than 20 years.
I also heard clover quality no good. hear only.
what's the difference between bricks and concrete?:confused:

jbtay
20-05-12, 18:32
Hi Adva181, what's the down side of having brick walls comparing to precast concrete wall?

This brief from BCA shows the difference.
http://www.bca.gov.sg/professionals/iquas/..%5CIquas%5Cgpgs%5CWEWall%5CWEWChpt2.pdf

acidic.straw
20-05-12, 18:33

I was once a victim too.

here's what I found abt concrete walls (CMU)

TOP 10 reasons to consider when considering the use/specifying of CMU
1. The use of control joints– control joints are expensive and need regular maintenance
2. Fading color– The sun’s rays will fade the paint on your unit over time
3. Inconsistent color– pigments are added to the paste and therefore not homogenous
4. Installation costs– control joints, mortar sealant, wall sealant and the associated labor...they add up!!
5. Cleaning difficulties– will stain easily so extreme care must be used during installation 6. Shrinking of the units– cement shrinks, opening the head joints while brick expands
7. Chicago and some suburbs banning of the material– water penetration and problems with the aesthetics have forced the city and some suburbs to ban the use of CMU on exteriors
8. Sealing– walls must be sealed and re-sealed. Mortar also requires sealant
9.Not time tested– still relatively new to the market place
10. Water penetration– CMU is a very porous material and will absorb large amounts of water.

desquire
20-05-12, 22:14
Bricks seems to be outweighing concrete to me? Can't identify the main flaw for bricks as yet. :confused:

Kengar
20-05-12, 23:24
All the older HDBs are built on bricks right? All still looks fine even now..:D

Anyway the newer HDBs using prefab concrete also okay, no serious complains too. :D

I think there will be no end to comparing. haha

jbtay
21-05-12, 10:21
All the older HDBs are built on bricks right? All still looks fine even now..:D

Anyway the newer HDBs using prefab concrete also okay, no serious complains too. :D

I think there will be no end to comparing. haha

Very true, and looking at the progress pics, the brickwalls are only on the side of the mbr and the mbr bathroom, the rest are all glass panels, the other smaller areas being the washing machine area and the yard toilet which should not be an issue. Finally it all depends on workmanship and the plaster and rendering applied to the brickwalls.
I look at Minton progress pics and it too have brickwalls. Of greater importance is the waterproofing between floors at all wet areas like bathrooms, kitchen, yard etc. If they follow BCA guidelines, should be ok.
Anyway, waterproofing normally has a guarantee of 10 years even though its not specifically stated in S&P Agt.

desquire
21-05-12, 10:33
Very true, and looking at the progress pics, the brickwalls are only on the side of the mbr and the mbr bathroom, the rest are all glass panels, the other smaller areas being the washing machine area and the yard toilet which should not be an issue. Finally it all depends on workmanship and the plaster and rendering applied to the brickwalls.
I look at Minton progress pics and it too have brickwalls. Of greater importance is the waterproofing between floors at all wet areas like bathrooms, kitchen, yard etc. If they follow BCA guidelines, should be ok.
Anyway, waterproofing normally has a guarantee of 10 years even though its not specifically stated in S&P Agt.

From what I gather, brick walls are much more tedious and costly as compared to concrete walls. I'm not that sure though as I'm no pro in the study of consruction materials. Hehe. Found out that it's long lasting and more solid too.:D

The plce is shaping up nicely. Slow and steady. Much progress seens from the stacks especially the front running ones will reddsh bricks being plantd all around the building. Nice! :):p

jbtay
21-05-12, 16:17
Hi all, what's the progress of the project? Blocks 77 & 79 reached the penthouse level yet? Can TOP by June 2013, I wonder:doh: ? Sorry to ask so many questons, I live in far West.

Just passed by the site this morning along Ave 1, those slow moving blocks currently doing storey 8, about half way to the top.
Think its tough even for Dec 13, seeing that even Waterfront and Double Bay still haven't TOP yet, 1Q14 seems more likely. On the bright side, that's less than 2 yrs from now. I understand that for some very tall high rise projects in the city, some folks had to wait for 4 yrs or more!!

hopeful
21-05-12, 16:24
From what I gather, brick walls are much more tedious and costly as compared to concrete walls. I'm not that sure though as I'm no pro in the study of consruction materials. Hehe. Found out that it's long lasting and more solid too.:D

Isnt it easier to drill through a brick wall rather than a concrete wall?

desquire
21-05-12, 17:56
Just passed by the site this morning along Ave 1, those slow moving blocks currently doing storey 8, about half way to the top.
Think its tough even for Dec 13, seeing that even Waterfront and Double Bay still haven't TOP yet, 1Q14 seems more likely. On the bright side, that's less than 2 yrs from now. I understand that for some very tall high rise projects in the city, some folks had to wait for 4 yrs or more!!
Yup. I agree with you. I will set the deadline as Q3 2014. Most are very ambitious. The wait is exciting anyway. Haha. After that zzz and keep quiet and this thread will somewhat become extinct. Hehe.

As for me, whether Dec 2013 or Aug 2014 doesn't really matter. I'm enjoying the comfort of my present HDB. Hehe. :D

bombe
21-05-12, 17:58
today's news...
http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/property-management-news/2012/5/33091/tampines-ec-site-attracts-muted-interest

this plot of land is just across the road, beside Arc.

"The top bid of S$252.78 million or S$418 psf ppr reflects a breakeven cost of S$800 psf to S$820 psf. It is likely that the new project will be priced around S$900 psf,” said Li Hiaw Ho, Executive Director at CBRE.

Suddenly Waterview looks cheap isn't it? ha ha...EC across the road cost more and can only see quarry...

desquire
21-05-12, 18:00
Isnt it easier to drill through a brick wall rather than a concrete wall?

Must ask the pro. From what I googled, brick wall seemed to hv an upper hand over concrete.

If it's chipboard or plywood then I'm a very worried soul. Hehe. Anyone care to share their expertise?:D

bombe
21-05-12, 18:07
Must ask the pro. From what I googled, brick wall seemed to hv an upper hand over concrete.

If it's chipboard or plywood then I'm a very worried soul. Hehe. Anyone care to share their expertise?:D

at the very least...if u drill and the brick lousy...u damage a brick...it's just one hole...if u drill concrete and there's crack...u have a giant spider web...no?

Adva181
21-05-12, 18:48
Concrete is much more expensive than bricks.
Concrete is way much more durable n long lasting than bricks.
For concrete, durability is better, water resistance is better.
Bette resistance to vibration, to noise to dampness etc...

minami-san
22-05-12, 01:24

The plce is shaping up nicely. Slow and steady. Much progress seens from the stacks especially the front running ones will reddsh bricks being plantd all around the building. Nice! :):p

Good to know that the blocks facing Ave 1 are catching up. Any photos?

azeoprop
22-05-12, 15:05
Update 22nd May 2012. :)

desquire
22-05-12, 15:36
Thanks there for the updated pic. Nice! :D

minami-san
22-05-12, 23:43
Update 22nd May 2012. :)
Wah! nearly as tall as Tropica liao!! Keep going wv! And thanks for the nice pic :)

forestfire
23-05-12, 07:41
Thanks for the picture - it almost reached the top floor. The way I see it, WV can TOP by middle 2013! Internal finishing works & external works shouldn't take more than a year to complete. Pray for smooth approval from various govt. authorities.
SL "Jia Yu" or singlish "add oil".:cheers4:

desquire
23-05-12, 09:57
Thanks for the picture - it almost reached the top floor. The way I see it, WV can TOP by middle 2013! Internal finishing works & external works shouldn't take more than a year to complete. Pray for smooth approval from various govt. authorities.
SL "Jia Yu" or singlish "add oil".:cheers4:

Don't add oo much oil... WV will be on fire before TOP!!!!:flaming-head:

Denlim
23-05-12, 09:59
Just a pic from the junction of Tampines Ave 10 and Ave 1.

desquire
23-05-12, 11:40
Just a pic from the junction of Tampines Ave 10 and Ave 1.

The cornerstone of Waterview. Thanks bro. Pretty sight!! Soon she will be gorgeous with make up!! Haha!:D

stinz
24-05-12, 14:30
Hi All,

I'm contemplating to get waterview as its super near my in-laws place, drove past there almost everyday for work, however the stacks left are not as ideal due to the fact that it is facing West, meaning, i will get all the west side, has anbody gotten the stacks facing the west sun? how should we deal with that? really hope some positive advises. thanks :)

Kengar
24-05-12, 19:12
I think the west facing units will not get the west sun all year round, cos I recently noted the west sun hits the resevoir facing units for at least 6 months, and during that period, the west facing units will not be in the line of the sunset.

Hi All,

I'm contemplating to get waterview as its super near my in-laws place, drove past there almost everyday for work, however the stacks left are not as ideal due to the fact that it is facing West, meaning, i will get all the west side, has anbody gotten the stacks facing the west sun? how should we deal with that? really hope some positive advises. thanks :)

joycewangwen
24-05-12, 19:51
Hi All,

please revisit the previous messages.

some one have a very good simulation application of west sunset angle around the year. :D:D

yes. those west facing WV units are not as bad as you thought.:)

jbtay
24-05-12, 20:08
I think the west facing units will not get the west sun all year round, cos I recently noted the west sun hits the resevoir facing units for at least 6 months, and during that period, the west facing units will not be in the line of the sunset.

Yes, I second what Kengar noticed. Been staying at Aquarius blk 9 for the past 11 years. For six months, my wife would put up a curtain for our kitchen window, she has removed it a few months back. The evening sun is now towards our balcony, and our balcony is at right angles to the kitchen window. Our balcony has a NE alignment whereas our kitchen window is NW. Our MBR window is on same alignment as the balcony. I just touched the MBR wall on that side and curiously it felt cool but on the wall below the window, that wall felt a little warm. I guess a bit of heat accumulated within the planter box area. Otherwise, we have no complaint of excessive heat from the evening sun.

jbtay
24-05-12, 20:46
Yes, I second what Kengar noticed. Been staying at Aquarius blk 9 for the past 11 years. For six months, my wife would put up a curtain for our kitchen window, she has removed it a few months back. The evening sun is now towards our balcony, and our balcony is at right angles to the kitchen window. Our balcony has a NE alignment whereas our kitchen window is NW. Our MBR window is on same alignment as the balcony. I just touched the MBR wall on that side and curiously it felt cool but on the wall below the window, that wall felt a little warm. I guess a bit of heat accumulated within the planter box area. Otherwise, we have no complaint of excessive heat from the evening sun.

For WV, we are at stack 46 and our balcony is aligned NW wheeas the stacks facing Ave 10, the balconies are aligned NE. so this time of the year, those balconies will get the sun, but note that these are mainly sliding glass doors and full height windows of the bedrooms. Glass windows do not retain heat, so only need to deal with the glare in the afternoon on weekends when we are at home and on weekdays, by the time we get home, the glare is no longer there. Anyway, the glass panels are tinted. All the best in your house hunting.

acidic.straw
24-05-12, 20:51
Hi All,

I would like to sound a positive note but I feel you will be better off with the hard truth. The reality is that direct afternoon sun in our tropical climate is quite a nightmare. The most you can do is to install sun control window film to absorb the heat. Go for the highest % absorbing power. In addition, you will need to install thicker curtains to block the streaming sunlight. Unfortunately, your house will end up dark and stuffy.

If there is a traffic-heavy road in front of your block, things can only get worse. The noise, heat and dust will drive you crazy. There's really nothing much you can do about that. If it's a highway, the noise continues unabated 24/7.

Not a pretty picture. But it's a reality that borne of experience. If you have a chance, don't even think about buying a unit in that kind of position. :tsk-tsk:

But if all these do not bother you, by all means go ahead and buy. You can even negotiate for a good price.:D