PDA

View Full Version : Waterview (D18, 99-year Leasehold, Sim Lian Group)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29

acidic.straw
14-09-11, 14:24
Sorry, 400 steps was to the bus No 69 bus stop, as that bus does not stop near the last stop next to Tropica as it turns into Ave 8. Its about 1400 steps to the tampines west stn or about 1.2km.:ashamed1:

1.2 km not really practical to walk for day-to-day commute especially if you are in office wear or carrying heavy stuff. What's workable is to increase freq of feeder buses to the MRT. I understand WV will provide this service for 1st 2 years from TOP.

After that it's up to the mgt council. Might be practical for the mgt councils of WV, Tropica and the Arc@Tampines to get together and work out something that is cost-effective for the residents.

Stoney Stone Stone
14-09-11, 19:23
Just went kaypo and came back from ATT.
I feel WV layout is better than ATT.
Interior design is almost the same as WV.
WV toliet and service yard is bigger than ATT.
ATT balcony is little bit larger than WV.
The 3+1 study room build in the MBR.
It almost look like a walk-in wallrode.
Lastly, the Maintenance Fee is from $130 to $330.
How I wish our WV Mainteance Fee is also like that.

Note: Last time visit WV was 11/01/2011.

ridepinky
14-09-11, 20:02
Do agree that the ATT 3+1 layout mirrors closely to WV, with the exception of an additional Balcony at the Master Bedroom and a smaller backyard due to a thicker wall at the toilet.

Pricing was indeed attractive, with the proposed amenities within walking distance in the near future, and the possible gains of rising property prices that comes along with the amenities.
It was a hive of people engaging agents, and crowding at the "units for sale" listing. Was impressed with the number of units sold within the 1st 4 days of its launch. some stacks had its 2-Bedders completely sold out, especially those pool facing units, with buyers offering to place cheques for the un-release units.

The attraction to WV was the spaced out stacks, so the neighbours wont be able to watch me watch TV =), and of coz, the unblock views from the living room.

Do we have a indicative of what the Maintainence Fee may be?

East Lover
14-09-11, 20:03
Hahhahaha!! I love your brainwave dear sis!!! At WV we have the spirit of the water, in Trove, they have the spirit of the Matilda right in their clubhouse!!! Modern days, no Hungry Ghost, no wandering ghost, only $$$ ghost!!! Which spirit/ghost is yours!!!! hahhaah :eek: :confused: :scared-3:
:im-so-happy:
What is spirit of the Matilda??? simi??

Stoney Stone Stone
14-09-11, 20:18
What is spirit of the Matilda??? simi??

Cut & Paste from ATT forums.
Please enjoy.

Note: PG-18
http://remembersingapore.wordpress.com/punggol-matilda-house/

Kengar
14-09-11, 20:21
Do agree that the ATT 3+1 layout mirrors closely to WV, with the exception of an additional Balcony at the Master Bedroom and a smaller backyard due to a thicker wall at the toilet.

Pricing was indeed attractive, with the proposed amenities within walking distance in the near future, and the possible gains of rising property prices that comes along with the amenities.
It was a hive of people engaging agents, and crowding at the "units for sale" listing. Was impressed with the number of units sold within the 1st 4 days of its launch. some stacks had its 2-Bedders completely sold out, especially those pool facing units, with buyers offering to place cheques for the un-release units.

The attraction to WV was the spaced out stacks, so the neighbours wont be able to watch me watch TV =), and of coz, the unblock views from the living room.

Do we have a indicative of what the Maintainence Fee may be?

I think for my 3 Bedder 1119sqf, the fee is $230 per agent. I think the WV showflat is made to look larger than the real thing. Gut feel.

East Lover
14-09-11, 21:14
Cut & Paste from ATT forums.
Please enjoy.

Note: PG-18
http://remembersingapore.wordpress.com/punggol-matilda-house/
:scared-1:

desquire
14-09-11, 22:50
1.2 km not really practical to walk for day-to-day commute especially if you are in office wear or carrying heavy stuff. What's workable is to increase freq of feeder buses to the MRT. I understand WV will provide this service for 1st 2 years from TOP.

After that it's up to the mgt council. Might be practical for the mgt councils of WV, Tropica and the Arc@Tampines to get together and work out something that is cost-effective for the residents.
It will be great if the management of the three condos can come together, sit down and think of cost effective measures of having a single transport company which can ferry residents from WV to Tropica and Arc at one go. Wow!!! Fantastic idea indeed bro. You should sit in the management committee. Hooray!!:D

desquire
14-09-11, 22:58
Just went kaypo and came back from ATT.
I feel WV layout is better than ATT.
Interior design is almost the same as WV.
WV toliet and service yard is bigger than ATT.
ATT balcony is little bit larger than WV.
The 3+1 study room build in the MBR.
It almost look like a walk-in wallrode.
Lastly, the Maintenance Fee is from $130 to $330.
How I wish our WV Mainteance Fee is also like that.

Note: Last time visit WV was 11/01/2011.
The blocks layout at WV is indeed generous with lots of space from obe to another. Unlike other developments which have scattered blocks and mini swimming pools all around to make the place look cosy, WV has the 'Big 8', the twin pool, surrounded by all blocks. No way we can watch our neighbors. LED 3D TV or take a peep at the beautiful ones in the next block. This I consider very rare.

It's adopted from Tropica's good fengshui layout which brings all elements to play, air, water, metal and fire!!! :D

desquire
14-09-11, 23:09
I think for my 3 Bedder 1119sqf, the fee is $230 per agent. I think the WV showflat is made to look larger than the real thing. Gut feel.
You have first hand information bro. Tried, measured and tested. This is the most worrying part of it all. Other developments with similar size of 1130sqft seemed much smaller than the showflat at WV. I'm praying hard it's just an imagination of my tiny mind!!:scared-3:

desquire
14-09-11, 23:27
:scared-1:
You have chosen to play and jog at night with the floating water spirits to the whispering of the sweet Matilda's voice.

I applaud SL for being the brave one when it comes to dealing with the third world. Not easy, many has given up on the Matilda's House with it's infamous legends of 'things' which happened while at work, hence restoring the place as the last resort instead of having it demolished altogether. :scared-3:

desquire
14-09-11, 23:31
Let's hope that with the number of units at WV, the monthly fee will be kept at a minimum. I do hear from some people that the fee usually increases after 3-5 yrs. Not sure if this is true. Anyone can confirm on this? If it's true, by how much does it usually go up to?!?!:mad:

acidic.straw
15-09-11, 07:43
Let's hope that with the number of units at WV, the monthly fee will be kept at a minimum. I do hear from some people that the fee usually increases after 3-5 yrs. Not sure if this is true. Anyone can confirm on this? If it's true, by how much does it usually go up to?!?!:mad:

It depends on how prudent and smart the mgt council is in managing costs. The more elaborate facilities the estate has, the more costly to maintain especially when the estate ages and facilities start to deteriorate. It's especially costly to maintain features that use mechanical parts as these wear out or break down frequently.

Kengar
15-09-11, 12:48
Sold 11 Units in Aug ranging from 826 to 932 psf.

143 units left.

79.4% sold to date

desquire
15-09-11, 13:08

143 units left.

79.4% sold to date
Close to a year still can't hit 80%. Alamak!!!:rolleyes:

Kengar
15-09-11, 15:55

Haha the total balance of the 4 Waterfront series unsold is not even more than 100. Perhaps WV needs a some divine help similar to Treasure Trove :scared-1:

Kengar
15-09-11, 17:42

Actually they are selling average 14 units per month in the last 6 months.. and managed to sell 11 in the Lunar 7th Month. NOT BAD! :D

At this rate, they should be fully sold in 9 months. Haha

Actually less sold means less overcrowding upon TOP.. easier to chope the facilities to use and less traffic jams out Ave 1 during peak.

desquire
15-09-11, 18:11
Actually they are selling average 14 units per month in the last 6 months.. and managed to sell 11 in the Lunar 7th Month. NOT BAD! :D

At this rate, they should be fully sold in 9 months. Haha

Actually less sold means less overcrowding upon TOP.. easier to chope the facilities to use and less traffic jams out Ave 1 during peak.
Bro on the other hand, if that happens, they might want to increase the maintenance fee!!! What if the lelong 50% the remaining units out of desperation? Kekeke. :scared-3:

acidic.straw
15-09-11, 18:51
Bro on the other hand, if that happens, they might want to increase the maintenance fee!!! What if the lelong 50% the remaining units out of desperation? Kekeke. :scared-3:

Developer has to pay maintenance fees to be borne by unsold units according to share value of units..so no pt for them to increase.

desquire
15-09-11, 19:37
Developer has to pay maintenance fees to be borne by unsold units according to share value of units..so no pt for them to increase.
Oh thank you for sharing your humble knowledge. You always know so much about these things. :D

acidic.straw
15-09-11, 20:54
Oh thank you for sharing your humble knowledge. You always know so much about these things. :D

yo bro, don't suan me leh :D ...i only know bits and pieces of info la :ashamed1:

desquire
16-09-11, 13:41
yo bro, don't suan me leh :D ...i only know bits and pieces of info la :ashamed1:
Haha. I never try to say things like that la. In fact, most of us here are grateful to know the bits and pieces that you have shared with us. I'm sure they will agree with me on this 188%!!:p
At least you know a rather fair bit compared to the clueless me. HDB boy trying to breathe the fresh air of the water. Hope it works just fine. Haha. :D

acidic.straw
16-09-11, 14:38
Haha. I never try to say things like that la. In fact, most of us here are grateful to know the bits and pieces that you have shared with us. I'm sure they will agree with me on this 188%!!:p
At least you know a rather fair bit compared to the clueless me. HDB boy trying to breathe the fresh air of the water. Hope it works just fine. Haha. :D

No worries, we're all learning :D
btw, you going to persuade Shirley to persuade her bosses to give wv buyers free oven? They gave to ATT buyers leh :mad:

East Lover
16-09-11, 15:10
No worries, we're all learning :D
btw, you going to persuade Shirley to persuade her bosses to give wv buyers free oven? They gave to ATT buyers leh :mad:
And free marble floor! then they will clear their WV store as fast as ATT!:D

you either presuade Shirley, or presuade bro Kengar to presuade Shirley hahaha:D :D :D

desquire
16-09-11, 15:50
And free marble floor! then they will clear their WV store as fast as ATT!:D

you either presuade Shirley, or presuade bro Kengar to presuade Shirley hahaha:D :D :D
This mission should be executed by bro Kengar. He's the only person who can charm our dearest Shirley. The agreement has been done, do you think SL is that kind to provide us with oven?

Maybe ask SL to meet up with Matilda to provide for it, say tonight around midnight when she's in her best mood!! Haha. :D

Kengar
16-09-11, 16:05
Aiyoh i haven't heard from Shirley for quite some time.. i still need her feedback on the various variation order about cost reductions if Bedroom 2 and 3 Wardrobe, Bathroom Vanity & Cabinet are not installed.

I just pray the project will go smooth and hopefully not so much defects at TOP.. hee hee.. FOC items i already deemed no chance. maybe in our :sleep: bah.

Everyday i looked at the near TOP looking Waterfront Waves and Key with envy .. :p

East Lover
16-09-11, 16:20
Aiyoh i haven't heard from Shirley for quite some time.. i still need her feedback on the various variation order about cost reductions if Bedroom 2 and 3 Wardrobe, Bathroom Vanity & Cabinet are not installed.

I just pray the project will go smooth and hopefully not so much defects at TOP.. hee hee.. FOC items i already deemed no chance. maybe in our :sleep: bah.

Everyday i looked at the near TOP looking Waterfront Waves and Key with envy .. :p
me too! must kapo a bit when wf waves TOP, maybe next mth?

Key will be end of next year right?

desquire
16-09-11, 19:28

Haha. U sure bro? Someone saw you over at Matilda house the other night having an aromatic cup of piping hot coffee with wild creamy cheesecake with Shirley? No? Oh my, they must have seen the wring person or probably an imagination. Haha. :D :D :D :eek: :p :p :p

desquire
16-09-11, 19:32
me too! must kapo a bit when wf waves TOP, maybe next mth?

Key will be end of next year right?
It should be pretty soon. Very nice. Don't worry our moment will be realised sooner than we expected. Looks positive so far. Hehe. :p

acidic.straw
16-09-11, 20:01
It should be pretty soon. Very nice. Don't worry our moment will be realised sooner than we expected. Looks positive so far. Hehe. :p

Well said...dont be in too much of a hurry to reach the destination..enjoy the journey...taste the suspense...savor the expectation...that's part of the fun right? :D

craze
16-09-11, 20:55

143 units left.

79.4% sold to date

126 units left as of today.
more than 82% sold.

Kengar
16-09-11, 21:04
126 units left as of today.
more than 82% sold.

One unit per day in Sept? Gosh :D

craze
16-09-11, 21:09
One unit per day in Sept? Gosh :D

sept sold 5 units

East Lover
19-09-11, 12:18
http://i1203.photobucket.com/albums/bb400/vw_progress/IMG_0312.jpg

East Lover
19-09-11, 12:23
http://i1203.photobucket.com/albums/bb400/vw_progress/IMG_0313-1.jpg

East Lover
19-09-11, 12:28
http://i1203.photobucket.com/albums/bb400/vw_progress/IMG_0315.jpg

Kengar
19-09-11, 12:30
Wah Sister East Lover braved the rain to take the picture :D

Looking good..hopefully the compound will be as spacious as Tropica.

East Lover
19-09-11, 12:47
Wah Sister East Lover braved the rain to take the picture :D

Looking good..hopefully the compound will be as spacious as Tropica.
it will be more excited when the "big 8" pools come out :)

wonder how will SL join all the blocks together, our stacks are among the first batch, much more ahead of others... :D

Kengar
19-09-11, 13:07

wonder how will SL join all the blocks together, our stacks are among the first batch, much more ahead of others... :D

Interestingly will the pools will be above the carpark or also sunk in together with the carpark? :)

Oh yes, Sis East Lover wanted to check with u are the nearby HDB also the same height as Tropica?

desquire
19-09-11, 13:08

I think they have forgottened about my stack. Hahhahaha!!! No work done thats why until now have not collected any $$$$!!!! Your stack is building up already!! Yee ha!!

Must wait for the pool to come up and then we can see the layout from a bird's eye view. Hopefully my stack get a nice clear pocket view of the reservoir and the bikini pool!!! Hahhahah!! Thank yuo sis Eastlover!!! Pretty pictures!!!:D

smpeh
19-09-11, 13:30
I think they have forgottened about my stack. Hahhahaha!!! No work done thats why until now have not collected any $$$$!!!! Your stack is building up already!! Yee ha!!

Must wait for the pool to come up and then we can see the layout from a bird's eye view. Hopefully my stack get a nice clear pocket view of the reservoir and the bikini pool!!! Hahhahah!! Thank yuo sis Eastlover!!! Pretty pictures!!!:D

Ya, Desquire. Hopefully our stack able to get a clear view too, fingers cross but I think we will be looking at the end of the reservoir along with the highway. We too have not get the payment request yet. :D

Thanks, Eastlover for the great photos! Passed by there on Sat, really full steam ahead :cheers6:

East Lover
19-09-11, 13:35
Interestingly will the pools will be above the carpark or also sunk in together with the carpark? :)

Oh yes, Sis East Lover wanted to check with u are the nearby HDB also the same height as Tropica?
the pools must be above the carpark right? i checked the tropica car park, it's all connected. cant see the pool place from car park. so i guess waterview should be same. so our first floor must be very tall. i can see it from reservior - only wv ground floor unit got water view hehehe ;)

no idea about the nearby HDB leh, but HDB height is much lower. Tropica is 3.1 to 3.3 i guess. HDB is only 2.6???

East Lover
19-09-11, 13:39

see my first photo - your stack already started liao, not far you will receive your 10% payment :D

your stack sure can have reservoir lah, you can try it in tropica first if you really want to feel how it looks like.... just pretend a buyer then go to tropica look look see see....hahaha :D quick a number of 3 bedders are selling :D

East Lover
19-09-11, 13:44
Ya, Desquire. Hopefully our stack able to get a clear view too, fingers cross but I think we will be looking at the end of the reservoir along with the highway. We too have not get the payment request yet. :D

Thanks, Eastlover for the great photos! Passed by there on Sat, really full steam ahead :cheers6:
you are welcome.

my 3rd photo shows that highway view will give you a city view too!! :D so better invite us to look look see see your unit when you collect key 2 years later :D :D :D

based on the speed, i think SL really can archive their target - TOP on Q3 2013.... maybe August 2013? ;) 1 mth to check defect, 2 mths reno and airing, move in by school holiday, and hold house warming party in X'max 2013!!! :D :D :D

desquire
19-09-11, 13:49

I chose this stack cause I thought it's very neat andwe do get quite a good view of the reservoir plus the pool and close to the entrance. Also it provides shelter from the side blocks based on the layout. We can hope and pray that it will turn out like we expect. Hehe. :D

desquire
19-09-11, 13:53
see my first photo - your stack already started liao, not far you will receive your 10% payment :D

your stack sure can have reservoir lah, you can try it in tropica first if you really want to feel how it looks like.... just pretend a buyer then go to tropica look look see see....hahaha :D quick a number of 3 bedders are selling :D
Work started but like tortoise leh. Haha. Too close to entrance so might as well do the furthest and premium blocks first. The blocks which start first will TOP last!!! Kekeke :tongue3:

The carparks will all be linked from the ground floor? I not sure about this.

joycewangwen
19-09-11, 16:43
correct me if i am wrong...

the progress status is:

blk 77, 79 is the fastest. building floor#2 now

followed by 81, 83, 85

then followed by 75, 73, 87

the rest blks along Ave1 is in tortoise speed, foundation not ready yet.

zxcvbnm
19-09-11, 16:53
correct me if i am wrong...

the progress status is:

blk 77, 79 is the fastest. building floor#2 now

followed by 81, 83, 85

then followed by 75, 73, 87

the rest blks along Ave1 is in tortoise speed, foundation not ready yet.

Ya lor, ask them to deply more piling machines... call shirley to ask her to quick quick a bit :cheers6:

desquire
19-09-11, 17:23
Ya lor, ask them to deply more piling machines... call shirley to ask her to quick quick a bit :cheers6:
Our Kengar won't call cause his stack up already. Poor me. My stack they still getting caterpillars to eat the grasses. Hahahah. You people sure are hilarious!!!:D

zxcvbnm
20-09-11, 11:28
Our Kengar won't call cause his stack up already. Poor me. My stack they still getting caterpillars to eat the grasses. Hahahah. You people sure are hilarious!!!:D

Caterpillar machines to start the piling and construction works la ! lol ;)

Kengar
20-09-11, 14:45
Caterpillar machines to start the piling and construction works la ! lol ;)

Hi zxcvbnm, are you also going to be our future neighbour? :D

zxcvbnm
20-09-11, 16:16
Hi zxcvbnm, are you also going to be our future neighbour? :D

Bro Kengar, yes I am! :cheers6:

huddy
21-09-11, 14:27
just received letter from my lawyer calling for 10% payment. A new milestone towards TOP ... Lol

Kengar
21-09-11, 14:54
just received letter from my lawyer calling for 10% payment. A new milestone towards TOP ... Lol

This is perhaps the abnormally unqiue only to condo buyers.. i.e. where we actually look forward to part with our hard earned $ very willingly. hahaa :D

East Lover
21-09-11, 15:01
is this the 10% of foundation completion??

huddy
21-09-11, 17:02
is this the 10% of foundation completion??

Yup, foundation work is completed for my block - 73. :)

East Lover
21-09-11, 17:07
Yup, foundation work is completed for my block - 73. :)
congrates! you have to get ready also for the additional $150 for whatever fee gov introduced this year.... :rolleyes:

huddy
21-09-11, 18:10
congrates! you have to get ready also for the additional $150 for whatever fee gov introduced this year.... :rolleyes:

wow, what $150 :jaw-dropping: ? Didn't hear that from my law firm.

East Lover
21-09-11, 18:20
Then ur lawyer is a few good man :) see the letter from mine

see the letter from lawyer - we have to pay $150!:doh:
-----------------
As part of the changes in the new Conveyancing Regime to safeguard conveyancing money, effective from 1 August 2011, solicitors who wish to continue to receive and hold conveyancing money will have to deposit them into special conveyancing account that they open with appointed banks. The appointed bank will impose a fee of $150 + GST per transaction where monies are paid into the special conveyancing account. Additionally, the Singapore Land Authority will impose a fee of $16.05 for each Pay In Form and Pay Out Form for the payment in and release of monies respectively from the special conveyancing account. These forms will be submitted and digitally signed by solicitors from the 2 law firms involved in the transaction. The appointed banks will further impose a charge of $5 to $10 for each cashier’s order issued by the banks in effecting payment out of monies from the special conveyancing account.
Given the above various fees imposed by the new conveyancing regime and in common with all other conveyancing law firms, we will have to pass on such fees to be borne by you in situations where the use of the special conveyancing account cannot be avoided.
To value add to you, only the bank’s transaction fee is borne by you as we have decided the absorb the additional transaction fees for Pay In/Pay Out Forms, cashier’s orders’ charges and GST. In essence, there is great savings to you as we are only requiring you to bear the minimum sum of $150 nett for each transaction where use of the special conveyancing account is required.
As such, kindly arrange to let us have your cheque for $150.00 issued in favour of COLIN NG & PARTNERS LLP being payment of the transaction fee incurred to effect the release of your CPF lumpsum to the developers as soon as possible.

acidic.straw
21-09-11, 19:48
wow, what $150 :jaw-dropping: ? Didn't hear that from my law firm.

Not to worry..you will hear from them...I have yet heard of a lawyer who will absorb the cost of a piece of photocopy let alone this fee :eek:

East Lover
21-09-11, 23:46
Our waterview at top 3!:)
http://forums.condosingapore.com/showthread.php?t=12128

desquire
22-09-11, 00:16
Our waterview at top 3!:)
http://forums.condosingapore.com/showthread.php?t=12128
Hahhaha. Like this also have. Got FREE oven or not like that?:p

econsist
22-09-11, 09:57
Guys - I saw posting on forums/twitter that a mother and daughter bodies were found :(

Anyone living near bedok reservoir can confirm?

desquire
22-09-11, 10:02
Guys - I saw posting on forums/twitter that a mother and daughter bodies were found :(

Anyone living near bedok reservoir can confirm?

When? Recently? There have been a few incident around water bodies including Bedok Reservoir. latest that I know was a half-body seen floating a few months ago. Gosh! Not another one!:(

econsist
22-09-11, 11:38
When? Recently? There have been a few incident around water bodies including Bedok Reservoir. latest that I know was a half-body seen floating a few months ago. Gosh! Not another one!:(

Check this:
http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/singaporelocalnews/view/1154767/1/.html

joycewangwen
22-09-11, 11:47
that's another very sad story happened in bedok reservoir.

my guess on this issue:

wear red clothes = some unfair things happened on them, they will continue to complain after death.

young mother drag her 3-year old son to die together, there must be a very very sad story behind.

latour
22-09-11, 11:51
the bedok reservoir area is getting veri hot...

DC33_2008
22-09-11, 12:24
Too many tragedies had happened here.
that's another very sad story happened in bedok reservoir.

my guess on this issue:

wear red clothes = some unfair things happened on them, they will continue to complain after death.

young mother drag her 3-year old son to die together, there must be a very very sad story behind.

desquire
22-09-11, 12:31
Too many tragedies had happened here.
This wasn't the second and for sure will not be the last. Waterfront Series attacting the wrong attention. People everywhere probably feeling the stress here. People stress, work stress, bills stress. Everything is pretty stressful here. So sad. May their souls rest in peace. :(

land118
22-09-11, 13:05

Anyone living near bedok reservoir can confirm? Lately, Bedok Reservior like kena struck with these bodies incidents :( :

2 bodies found in Bedok Reservoir
http://www.asiaone.com/News/AsiaOne%2BNews/Singapore/Story/A1Story20110922-300853.html

(Partial Corpse)
http://www.asiaone.com/News/AsiaOne+News/Singapore/Story/A1Story20110620-285074.html

http://www.asiaone.com/News/AsiaOne%2BNews/Singapore/Story/A1Story20110712-288679.html

GSLJ
22-09-11, 16:01
Lately, Bedok Reservior like kena struck with these bodies incidents :( :

2 bodies found in Bedok Reservoir
http://www.asiaone.com/News/AsiaOne%2BNews/Singapore/Story/A1Story20110922-300853.html

(Partial Corpse)
http://www.asiaone.com/News/AsiaOne+News/Singapore/Story/A1Story20110620-285074.html

http://www.asiaone.com/News/AsiaOne%2BNews/Singapore/Story/A1Story20110712-288679.htmlSeems like this reservoir now hotspot for such cases. :(

Worsty
22-09-11, 16:55
Hope this doesn't affect the sales of developments around the area.

So happy for you guys that Waterview is full steam ahead in their construction. Mine's still wait long long. Maybe should have bought a unit here instead. Haha

huddy
22-09-11, 17:24
Yup, I saw the sixth crane is up this morning! Another small little blue one standing close to the front door :)

joycewangwen
22-09-11, 20:11
If the speed is 1 floor per month, projected in Sept 2012, all blocks could finish concrete work.:spliff:

Kengar
23-09-11, 08:52
This is good news to Desquire and smpeh.... get your :2cents: ready and look out for the letter from Sim Lian ! :D :D

desquire
23-09-11, 09:47
This is good news to Desquire and smpeh.... get your :2cents: ready and look out for the letter from Sim Lian ! :D :D

Smpeh and I will be the last to shift in!! Hahah!! The cranes not for my block!! Its for the entrance!! kekekeke!:D :D :D

smpeh
23-09-11, 11:15
Smpeh and I will be the last to shift in!! Hahah!! The cranes not for my block!! Its for the entrance!! kekekeke!:D :D :D

think desquire and I will be the last few to pay :2cents: and last to get our keys too. can attend Kengar and Eastlover's open-house parties first :cool::spliff:.

btw, just asking anyone thinking of putting a bathtub? :confused: Looks kind of shiok after a day of hard work :)

East Lover
23-09-11, 11:24
think desquire and I will be the last few to pay :2cents: and last to get our keys too. can attend Kengar and Eastlover's open-house parties first :cool::spliff:.

btw, just asking anyone thinking of putting a bathtub? :confused: Looks kind of shiok after a day of hard work :)
U are welcome to attend :)
For bathtub, I have diff view.... We hardly use in tropica, so very white elephant to us. ;) so we are much happy to accept the fact that wv no bathtub, save space to us, save work for my maid :D
So think twice. Just my :2cents: to share.

iwantgizmos
23-09-11, 11:31
U are welcome to attend :)
For bathtub, I have diff view.... We hardly use in tropica, so very white elephant to us. ;) so we are much happy to accept the fact that wv no bathtub, save space to us, save work for my maid :D
So think twice. Just my :2cents: to share.
i rarely use the bathtub too.... i would rather spend time at the pool below...

desquire
23-09-11, 11:38
i rarely use the bathtub too.... i would rather spend time at the pool below...

Got nice things to see too!!!!:eek: :eek: :eek:

Just don't oogle at the wrong things!!! Hahaha!:tongue3: :tongue3:
:axekiller: :axekiller::axekiller:

gav108
23-09-11, 21:47
http://i1203.photobucket.com/albums/bb400/vw_progress/June-1.jpg

i am actually curious. what are those stacked-up stone cubes for? any experts?

desquire
24-09-11, 08:38
I realised that once the blocks disappeared from sight, the calling for $$$ for foundation works will come in. Hehe.

Drove past this morning and they started work as early as 8.15a.m.!!! They working hard on the stacks near the entrance at the moment. I can feel the 2013 Christmas celebration at Our marketing manager Eastlover's unit. Please do welcome us fir the first BBQ at WV. Haha!!!:D

desquire
24-09-11, 08:40
Almost forgot. Did you get a unit there too?? Admin manager Kengar would like to update his friendly water list. Hehe. :D

DC33_2008
24-09-11, 08:59
Looks at pile load test. Not uncommon in highrise construction where piles will be used to strengthen the soil to receive the foundation.

minami3
24-09-11, 09:13
I realised that once the blocks disappeared from sight, the calling for $$$ for foundation works will come in. Hehe.

Drove past this morning and they started work as early as 8.15a.m.!!! They working hard on the stacks near the entrance at the moment. I can feel the 2013 Christmas celebration at Our marketing manager Eastlover's unit. Please do welcome us fir the first BBQ at WV. Haha!!!:D
YESSSSSSS!!! I want to celebrate X'mas 2013 @ WV too. So looking forward. Ganbatte cranes!

East Lover
24-09-11, 09:18

I thought I'm the marketing director??!:D :D :D
Ok ok x'mas party all the way!
I x'max, u cny ang bao!!

jbtay
24-09-11, 09:32
This wasn't the second and for sure will not be the last. Waterfront Series attacting the wrong attention. People everywhere probably feeling the stress here. People stress, work stress, bills stress. Everything is pretty stressful here. So sad. May their souls rest in peace. :(

Very tragic and heartbreaking. The reservoir is becoming to be a place for the distressed to end their misery and life. May they rest in peace.
For us, the reservoir is where we get rejuvenated, refreshed to continue our lives. So need to always remind ourselves that what goes down will come up, what goes up will come down, all setbacks and difficulties will pass in time, hang on there and persist. Of course its easier said then done. Thats why most of all, we need supportive family and friends.

Truly, the reservoir breathes life, and even a chameleon dashing across the bushes is still a welcome sight, used to see a couple of monkeys, but now no more, but a couple of squirrels are still there.

For those interested, there is a performance at the Bedok Reservoir floating platform (ya waterviewers have our own Floating Platform) between 6 to 10pm tonite and tomorrow nite. Waterfire by acclaimed artist Barnaby Evans.

dadsforlife.sg/.../waterfire-providence-bedok-reservoir-24-a-25-sep-... -

desquire
24-09-11, 09:45
I thought I'm the marketing director??!:D :D :D
Ok ok x'mas party all the way!
I x'max, u cny ang bao!!
Morning blur-ness. Haha. Wah sorry leh boss, downgrade you from Director to Manager. Hahaha. :p

DC33_2008
24-09-11, 15:24
Not seventh day yet. Should be alright today.
Very tragic and heartbreaking. The reservoir is becoming to be a place for the distressed to end their misery and life. May they rest in peace.
For us, the reservoir is where we get rejuvenated, refreshed to continue our lives. So need to always remind ourselves that what goes down will come up, what goes up will come down, all setbacks and difficulties will pass in time, hang on there and persist. Of course its easier said then done. Thats why most of all, we need supportive family and friends.

Truly, the reservoir breathes life, and even a chameleon dashing across the bushes is still a welcome sight, used to see a couple of monkeys, but now no more, but a couple of squirrels are still there.

For those interested, there is a performance at the Bedok Reservoir floating platform (ya waterviewers have our own Floating Platform) between 6 to 10pm tonite and tomorrow nite. Waterfire by acclaimed artist Barnaby Evans.

dadsforlife.sg/.../waterfire-providence-bedok-reservoir-24-a-25-sep-... -

smpeh
24-09-11, 19:25

Yup, hope it's 2013, got our lawyer letter today! Go go go!:cheers6:

acidic.straw
24-09-11, 20:51
Yup, hope it's 2013, got our lawyer letter today! Go go go!:cheers6:

So happy to pay! :doh: :D :D :D

hyenergix
24-09-11, 20:52
Please don't loiter near the reservoir at night :scared-3:

acidic.straw
24-09-11, 22:00

Let's not start this again! :doh:
Let the dead rest in peace....

desquire
25-09-11, 00:06
Haha. In less than two days the blue crane is deployed, the cheque is theirs. Fantastic! Your stack is the same as mine and smpeh? Hehe. :D

minami3
25-09-11, 13:49
Haha. In less than two days the blue crane is deployed, the cheque is theirs. Fantastic! Your stack is the same as mine and smpeh? Hehe. :D Mine is the next block (91). Dunno if i will receive the letter these few days too :)

jbtay
25-09-11, 14:04
Mine is the next block (91). Dunno if i will receive the letter these few days too :)

Should be coming, got the lawyer letter dated 22 Sep for blk 95, 14 days to pay up, will see my lawyer with my cheque next week :spliff:

smpeh
25-09-11, 15:16
Haha. In less than two days the blue crane is deployed, the cheque is theirs. Fantastic! Your stack is the same as mine and smpeh? Hehe. :D
Yup! Same. Did you got your letter too?:2cents:

smpeh
25-09-11, 15:22
Think better to pay earlier and hope 2013 can move in cos can't wait to chill out at the park :cool: :cool: Glad they are pushing it cos have heard some developers take their time.:banghead:
Just passed by esparina residence, think very much like wv but they launched much earlier. Anyway our 20% is with them already, hope to get our dream home soon.:D :D

desquire
25-09-11, 17:42
Mine is the next block (91). Dunno if i will receive the letter these few days too :)
Crane still grazing the greenlands. It will probable send you anessage bird with the 'letter' soon. :D

desquire
25-09-11, 17:47
Yup! Same. Did you got your letter too?:2cents:
Not yet still. Hehe. They must have forgottened all about me. Let's hope they do. We're in the sane block and same stack but your foundation is all ready. Mine probably:p :p :p special. Same stack different foundation. Keke. :D :D :D

desquire
25-09-11, 18:06
Think better to pay earlier and hope 2013 can move in cos can't wait to chill out at the park :cool: :cool: Glad they are pushing it cos have heard some developers take their time.:banghead:
Just passed by esparina residence, think very much like wv but they launched much earlier. Anyway our 20% is with them already, hope to get our dream home soon.:D :D
I heard from some people that developers usually take their time to sell the units first and carry out the work once they have achieved 80% sales. If I am not wrong, WV has just touched the 80% make but it's going at full force whereas Esparina has only 1 unit left to go!!:eek:

In fact, they were launched earlier than WV right? Some developers like theirs probably don't have many projects like SL who has many at hand now. Just hope that the work done is of quality and without compromise. :p

minami3
25-09-11, 20:04
Crane still grazing the greenlands. It will probable send you anessage bird with the 'letter' soon. :D
you guys are so funny!!! i so look forward to moving into WV with fun neighbours!

jbtay
25-09-11, 20:05
I heard from some people that developers usually take their time to sell the units first and carry out the work once they have achieved 80% sales. If I am not wrong, WV has just touched the 80% make but it's going at full force whereas Esparina has only 1 unit left to go!!:eek:

In fact, they were launched earlier than WV right? Some developers like theirs probably don't have many projects like SL who has many at hand now. Just hope that the work done is of quality and without compromise. :p

Not to worry, when completed, WHAT A VIEW it would be from satellite :cheers1:

East Lover
25-09-11, 21:52
The site seems even bigger than tropica! Nice!

desquire
25-09-11, 22:43
you guys are so funny!!! i so look forward to moving into WV with fun neighbours!
The water people are always nice, warm, friendly and helpful. Haha. You can count on them always. That's why Director called it FEC-Friendly East People. Not FEO hor. Hehe. :p

minami3
26-09-11, 22:09
The water people are always nice, warm, friendly and helpful. Haha. You can count on them always. That's why Director called it FEC-Friendly East People. Not FEO hor. Hehe. :p
Yah, FEC all the way :D Oh, I have received my lawyer's letter today!! YAY!!!

desquire
26-09-11, 23:52
Yah, FEC all the way :D Oh, I have received my lawyer's letter today!! YAY!!!
Just in time. Didn't I tell you. I also received mine already. Bulbul delivered into my mailbox as I'm not home. Hahaha. :D

East Lover
27-09-11, 08:06
Just in time. Didn't I tell you. I also received mine already. Bulbul delivered into my mailbox as I'm not home. Hahaha. :D
Finally! Congrates! :) :cheers1: :spliff:

desquire
27-09-11, 08:32
The site seems even bigger than tropica! Nice!

JUst managed to peep at the attachment. Yup, land space definitely bigger than Tropica sis but don't forget, the price they we pay also different, the total number of units also many more than Tropica right? :eek:

East Lover
27-09-11, 09:24
JUst managed to peep at the attachment. Yup, land space definitely bigger than Tropica sis but don't forget, the price they we pay also different, the total number of units also many more than Tropica right? :eek:
Yes, Tropica only 500+, WV is nearly 700.... and tropica unit size is much much bigger, but WV layout is very optimized, no waste area, and we have beautilful balcony!

By the way, you should be happy for your prime unit at good price: there is a highfloor 3 bedder in Tropica hit 900+psf, and it's 10 years older ;) and opposite EC is also asking $750+ psf... so WV with rare nature water view is really a good buy right?

desquire
27-09-11, 10:34
Yes, Tropica only 500+, WV is nearly 700.... and tropica unit size is much much bigger, but WV layout is very optimized, no waste area, and we have beautilful balcony!

By the way, you should be happy for your prime unit at good price: there is a highfloor 3 bedder in Tropica hit 900+psf, and it's 10 years older ;) and opposite EC is also asking $750+ psf... so WV with rare nature water view is really a good buy right?

No qualms about it. Its about being at peace over at WV. That's the reson why we jumped into this after viewing so many others.:eek:

1. The location (in my opinion) is fantastic apart from the MRT being a little far from home. What's there that's lacking in Tampines apart from branded shopping?:)

2. The surrounding is great. The stacks layout compared to those which looks scattered in recent developments (tiny pools everywhere arround and distance between two blocks are so close). No squeezing. Lots of space and greenery-hopefully;)

3. Prices are getting more ridiculous everywhere instead of the cooling measures taking effect. Things are taking a sharp turn towards another unexpected direction. How low can WV in particular go in future? If Tropica at 900+, Waterfront Series over 1000+, Arc around 750+, at 900 thereabouts WV is a steal in the existing market.:p

4. Sufficient carparks for all residents (minimum of a car per household). Recent developments have a lesser number of carpark (I don't understand how this works!). Imagine you bought a unit and you can't get a lot as it is on a first-come-first-serve basis!!! Gosh!!:scared-3:

5. The floor-plan is awesome (to me at least). No planters. Same like my layout here in my HDB. I love this layout. Heard many who bought SL loves the way it is!:D

6. The price is reasonable and if not for my HDB, i would have wanted to purchase the ever popular EC. However, I rather keep the HDB in case the tide takes a turn. With EC / Condo alone as home its pretty risky (for me) not forgetting the monthly maintenance (in case of WV around $230 not far from what I am paying over for my HDB) and all. It can kill when our pocket becomes light. We never know what comes tomorrow. Worst case, I release my WV and go back to where I come from. :ashamed1:

7. With water all around, fengshui all around, nice and friendly neighbours all around. What else we want around? A smiling relaxing good time with cool waters from, right, left, centre and back over the weekends. (Depending on orientation-reservoir/quarry/Tropica pool/Arc pool). Just sit back, walk slowly, breathe the fresh air and chill out each weekend (no need go out already) Hahaha!!:tongue3:

8. :D :p :D :p :D :p :D :p - the '8th' mystery...

minami3
27-09-11, 13:24
No qualms about it. Its about being at peace over at WV. That's the reson why we jumped into this after viewing so many others.:eek:

1. The location (in my opinion) is fantastic apart from the MRT being a little far from home. What's there that's lacking in Tampines apart from branded shopping?:)

2. The surrounding is great. The stacks layout compared to those which looks scattered in recent developments (tiny pools everywhere arround and distance between two blocks are so close). No squeezing. Lots of space and greenery-hopefully;)

3. Prices are getting more ridiculous everywhere instead of the cooling measures taking effect. Things are taking a sharp turn towards another unexpected direction. How low can WV in particular go in future? If Tropica at 900+, Waterfront Series over 1000+, Arc around 750+, at 900 thereabouts WV is a steal in the existing market.:p

4. Sufficient carparks for all residents (minimum of a car per household). Recent developments have a lesser number of carpark (I don't understand how this works!). Imagine you bought a unit and you can't get a lot as it is on a first-come-first-serve basis!!! Gosh!!:scared-3:

5. The floor-plan is awesome (to me at least). No planters. Same like my layout here in my HDB. I love this layout. Heard many who bought SL loves the way it is!:D

6. The price is reasonable and if not for my HDB, i would have wanted to purchase the ever popular EC. However, I rather keep the HDB in case the tide takes a turn. With EC / Condo alone as home its pretty risky (for me) not forgetting the monthly maintenance (in case of WV around $230 not far from what I am paying over for my HDB) and all. It can kill when our pocket becomes light. We never know what comes tomorrow. Worst case, I release my WV and go back to where I come from. :ashamed1:

7. With water all around, fengshui all around, nice and friendly neighbours all around. What else we want around? A smiling relaxing good time with cool waters from, right, left, centre and back over the weekends. (Depending on orientation-reservoir/quarry/Tropica pool/Arc pool). Just sit back, walk slowly, breathe the fresh air and chill out each weekend (no need go out already) Hahaha!!:tongue3:

Yep! You have nicely summed the reasons of us buying WV! We bought the unit largely because of the sensible layout and the spacious distance between blocks (separated by large pools) which is such a rare find among new developments =) We felt at home once stepping into the showroom. Heehee

minami3
27-09-11, 13:47
How come I cannot open the PDF files? :( Tried Safari & Fire Fox browsers...also cannot...Anybody can share tips on opening the files? Thanks!

victorchoo
27-09-11, 16:35
How come I cannot open the PDF files? :( Tried Safari & Fire Fox browsers...also cannot...Anybody can share tips on opening the files? Thanks!
http://i56.tinypic.com/30l2vlg.jpg

http://i54.tinypic.com/opa3kg.jpg

jbtay
27-09-11, 17:24
Hello FEC

Spoken to Shirley Koh of SL and got email regarding additions and omissions I requested. Very pleasant and helpful lady. Been asked to sign a Letter of Indemnity (LOI) and to confirm requests via signed LOI by 3 Oct 11. Anyone received similar?

My changes were:
1) To seal up door with wall from Master Bedroom leading to back balcony. Omit door and frame.
2) To omit wardrode in Master Bedroom, Bedroom 2 & 3.
3) To extend kitchen counter top on stove side up to the Kitchen entrance wall.
4) To omit gate between Balcony and Yard.
5) To omit toilet bowl in WC and extend floor tiles. Basin, shower set and mirror to remain.

(Further addition of lighting points above mirrors at bathrooms not in list yet as subject to approval for electrical points in wet areas by authorities.
Additional costs to be advised)

Was tempted by the wardrobe designs by coys such as OPSH, Closetrobe, Closet Design, where I can integrate clothes with other stuff, even a small desk, hifi and speakers (turning 1 room to a study/music room), but hiding everything behind sliding doors. My other half likes everything tucked away!!
Cheers:)

Cheers

iwantgizmos
27-09-11, 17:29
Hello FEC

Spoken to Shirley Koh of SL and got email regarding additions and omissions I requested. Very pleasant and helpful lady. Been asked to sign a Letter of Indemnity (LOI) and to confirm requests via signed LOI by 3 Oct 11. Anyone received similar?

My changes were:
1) To seal up door with wall from Master Bedroom leading to back balcony. Omit door and frame.
5) To omit toilet bowl in WC and extend floor tiles. Basin, shower set and mirror to remain.

(Further addition of lighting points above mirrors at bathrooms not in list yet as subject to approval for electrical points in wet areas by authorities.

Was tempted by the wardrobe designs by coys such as OPSH, Closetrobe, Closet Design, where I can integrate clothes with other stuff, even a small desk, hifi and speakers (turning 1 room to a study/music room), but hiding everything behind sliding doors. My other half likes everything tucked away!!

Cheers
that's cool... looks like everything is planned out smoothly...

Kengar
27-09-11, 17:43
Hello FEC

My changes were:

Cheers

Cool.. I recently signed the LOI for marble upgrade. Haven't decide the other modifications yet pending Shirley's reply on the costs reductions.

Do you have the breakdown of the costs of additions and exclusion in your LOI to share? Thanks! :D

East Lover
27-09-11, 17:58
Cool.. I recently signed the LOI for marble upgrade. Haven't decide the other modifications yet pending Shirley's reply on the costs reductions.

Do you have the breakdown of the costs of additions and exclusion in your LOI to share? Thanks! :D
how come i haven't received anything???:mad:

Kengar
27-09-11, 18:01
how come i haven't received anything???:mad:

Looks like you need to call her up tmr! :D

minami3
27-09-11, 18:05
http://i56.tinypic.com/30l2vlg.jpg

http://i54.tinypic.com/opa3kg.jpgThanks! :)

East Lover
27-09-11, 18:06
Hello FEC

My changes were:

wow you have so many things to change!

For item 3) - you will shift fridge to backyard?
For item 5) - you will give up the maid WC? good idea....

by the way, just called Shirley - she said can not do sliding door! :mad:

minami3
27-09-11, 18:08
Hello FEC

My changes were:

Cheers

I have also requested for some changes (e.g. omit wardrobes) but I am still thinking of whether to omit the hood & hob...coz' i wish to install an induction hob and a more powerful hood for my open-concept kitchen. I guess I will also receive the LOI after firming up the changes i want :)

Btw, do you need to go through lawyer and incur any legal fees for the LOI?

East Lover
27-09-11, 18:32
Such a good summary! I promote you to our senior marketing director of WV! :D:p

jbtay
27-09-11, 20:50
I have also requested for some changes (e.g. omit wardrobes) but I am still thinking of whether to omit the hood & hob...coz' i wish to install an induction hob and a more powerful hood for my open-concept kitchen. I guess I will also receive the LOI after firming up the changes i want :)

I must have provided enough excitement this evening.
The LOI contains certain standard "kiasu" clauses to protect the vendor (SL) and to avoid future misunderstandings and dispute. Clearly as the Buyer is requesting for the additions and omissions, the Buyer is required to take whatever "risks" and "costs" associated with that request.

Also, if there is a sub-sale, buyer is obligated to inform new purchasers all the additions and omissions, so that vendor cannot be drawn into any dispute.

Also any changes still subject to vendor's final determination (be it requirements imposed by authorities, architect, etc).

Also the Request for the Changes do not form part of the S&P Agreement (which is fine as buyer's obligation under S&P is mainly "payment" whereas Vendor has "obligations" to deliver, and we certainly don't want the Change Request to mess up the S&P).

By all means, let your lawyer run through it, I have sent mine to them, shouldn't take him/her more than a minute to browse through.

Also so far, not cost details from SL at all, so we are signing a blank cheque, but in reality, there are market rates for everything and I'm confident, a listed developer wouldn't want to risk their reputation. Their biz is condo development, not the minor A&A works.

Cheers

jbtay
27-09-11, 20:58

Hi Kengar

No costs provided at all and yet require me to sign the LOI by 3 Oct.
Also I mis-read her email, last para, and I copy verbatim as follows;

"We are sorry to inform that we are unable to provide lighting points in the Bathroom as it is a wet area which authority would disapprove on such requests"

....which didn't sound correct to me, since in Aquarius, a 10 yr old project has lighting points in both MBR and common bathrooms above the mirror; and really the PLC lights in the false ceiling is simply not sufficient. We want our Bathrooms to be well lit cause thats where we clean up. Period. :banghead:

so my guess is could be for lighting points, there is a requirement for resubmission to authorities, and they rather not have that hassle imposed on them since it looks clear they want to fast forward the development.

have there approved the lighting point above the mirror cabinet in your case?

Cheers :)

minami3
27-09-11, 21:00
I must have provided enough excitement this evening.
The LOI contains certain standard "kiasu" clauses to protect the vendor (SL) and to avoid future misunderstandings and dispute. Clearly as the Buyer is requesting for the additions and omissions, the Buyer is required to take whatever "risks" and "costs" associated with that request.

Also, if there is a sub-sale, buyer is obligated to inform new purchasers all the additions and omissions, so that vendor cannot be drawn into any dispute.

Also any changes still subject to vendor's final determination (be it requirements imposed by authorities, architect, etc).

Also the Request for the Changes do not form part of the S&P Agreement (which is fine as buyer's obligation under S&P is mainly "payment" whereas Vendor has "obligations" to deliver, and we certainly don't want the Change Request to mess up the S&P).

By all means, let your lawyer run through it, I have sent mine to them, shouldn't take him/her more than a minute to browse through.

Also so far, not cost details from SL at all, so we are signing a blank cheque, but in reality, there are market rates for everything and I'm confident, a listed developer wouldn't want to risk their reputation. Their biz is condo development, not the minor A&A works.

Cheers
Thanks for the info! Btw, can share why you want to omit gate between Balcony and Yard? You got me thinking... :)

Kengar
27-09-11, 21:00
My LOI has a clause on the costs for marble upgrade (i.e. $8k). I think you should really ask SL to come back to you ASAP on the costs in case it is more than expectation. Also check if u can still back out if u find the costs unacceptable.

jbtay
27-09-11, 21:10

Hello East Lover

yes, this is likely to be our last "stop", so thought maybe do things a bit differently, but not extravagant but from standpoint of practicality.

so, indulge in the wardrobe system, which keeps most everything from view but yet properly organised and no, I'm shifting fridge to bombshelter :scared-4:
No choice, counter-top really not enough space and cannot meet home minister's requirement. In fact Shirley cautioned me against it saying that the lifespan of the fridge will be reduced as there is absolutely no ventilation in the shelter. However, my logic is simple, the kitchen area isn't that well ventilated either, with one side hugging the wall. In shelter, I have option to put fridge in the centre so both sides are not hemmed in by walls or cabinets.
Besides, get to change fridge every 5 years ok leh:p

yes, we give up maid WC, but still need the area for washing up the rugs and other items, no maid, we "share" the cleaning, housekeeping load, on my three off-days per week besides watching the "screen".

Cheers

jbtay
27-09-11, 21:17
Thanks for the info! Btw, can share why you want to omit gate between Balcony and Yard? You got me thinking... :)

I understand its a half-height metal gate. We don't have young children, so to us, its in the way; just like the WC in the backyard toilet.

Cheers

DC33_2008
27-09-11, 21:19
SL is really nice to entertain special request. Could be an advantage with developer is also the MC. But beware on the clauses in the LOI.
My LOI has a clause on the costs for marble upgrade (i.e. $8k). I think you should really ask SL to come back to you ASAP on the costs in case it is more than expectation. Also check if u can still back out if u find the costs unacceptable.

jbtay
27-09-11, 21:21

Good advice. Thanks. I probably put in a clause (k) on backing out if costs unacceptable. Shirley didn't say I couldn't add in just one tiny clause to protect myself. :spliff:

Kengar
27-09-11, 21:41
I understand its a half-height metal gate. We don't have young children, so to us, its in the way; just like the WC in the backyard toilet.

Cheers

I didn't know SL is installing a half height gate.. Is it standard for all?

athenl
27-09-11, 22:04

Is marble harder to maintain than homogeneous tiles?

Kengar
27-09-11, 22:06
Is marble harder to maintain than homogeneous tiles?

Yes, it is more porous than homo, hence need to wipe immediately when stained.

athenl
27-09-11, 22:21
Yes, it is more porous than homo, hence need to wipe immediately when stained.

Then what are the plus points of marble, besides more cooling and posh-looking?

Kengar
27-09-11, 22:26
Then what are the plus points of marble, besides more cooling and posh-looking?

Haha you have stated the only 2 points I know. Personally I think homo tiles gets more sticky feeling than marble.

athenl
27-09-11, 22:32
Anyone know the cost of asking SL to install a long bath during the construction stage?

jbtay
27-09-11, 22:34
I didn't know SL is installing a half height gate.. Is it standard for all?

Yes, for types E1, E2 - 4 bedders and C1, D1 - 3 bedders, you will notice 2 thin lines in the drawing between the balcony and the yard, near the common bathroom window to the toilet wall where the washing machine will be.

We were led to understand this represents a half-height metal gate, purpose is to prevent little children to get into the open backyard balcony. The other entry is via the MBR or Bdrm 2 for the 4 bedders, but we are sealing up that doorway.

URA should have required developers to do WYSIWYG for the showflats long time ago instead of we buyers spending big bucks and guessing half the time what we will be getting!

To us, a half-metal gate serves no purpose and would be a nuisance!
Cheers

East Lover
27-09-11, 23:15
Thanks for ur detailed explanations. Ur bombshelter location for fridge is really creative :D Shirley is very kind, SL should feel lucky having such good staff, that gives me a much better impression of SL despite we have so little info abt our million dollars house :D :D
By the way u can convert bombshelter as storage or extension of ur kitchen, then may resolve kitchen issues. Just my :2cents: Happy renoving!! :p

Hello East Lover

yes, this is likely to be our last "stop", so thought maybe do things a bit differently, but not extravagant but from standpoint of practicality.

so, indulge in the wardrobe system, which keeps most everything from view but yet properly organised and no, I'm shifting fridge to bombshelter :scared-4:
No choice, counter-top really not enough space and cannot meet home minister's requirement. In fact Shirley cautioned me against it saying that the lifespan of the fridge will be reduced as there is absolutely no ventilation in the shelter. However, my logic is simple, the kitchen area isn't that well ventilated either, with one side hugging the wall. In shelter, I have option to put fridge in the centre so both sides are not hemmed in by walls or cabinets.
Besides, get to change fridge every 5 years ok leh:p

yes, we give up maid WC, but still need the area for washing up the rugs and other items, no maid, we "share" the cleaning, housekeeping load, on my three off-days per week besides watching the "screen".

Cheers

desquire
27-09-11, 23:25
Hello FEC

My changes were:

Cheers

HI there. Thank you so much for sharing with us your ideas and the response you get from our ever friendly Shirley.:p

I have been thinking of not getting the toilet bowl and shower in the WC fixed too. However, I was wondering if it will:-

1. Have any issue with tiling the floor. Will there be a 'stump' left on the floor due to the drainage of the toilet bowl? Will it be sealed up with normal tiles?

2. The place will be ideal for me to put the washing machine and dryer instead. Will it be feasible and logical? Water point to washing machine? Any problem? Electrical point? (There isn't any powerpoint right?)

3. As an alternative, this place can be used to store part of my furnitures or the 'Kitchen Minister' will probably want to use it to store her dry goods. Hehe.

Thank you for enlightening me. Appreciate your input.:p

desquire
27-09-11, 23:53

Oh my!! the induction hob will be perfect too!! Easier to clean and maintain compared to traditional ones!! I wonder if this is possible!!:confused:

desquire
27-09-11, 23:57

Haha!! She always say 'No' to you. Get the charming Kengar to ask on your behalf. Kekekeek

You referring to sliding door for the wardrobes? I am really keen on this to create more space and longer lasting wardrobes. I thought she mention about confirming with us on the additional costs for it? No?:confused:

Kengar
28-09-11, 07:20
Yes, for types E1, E2 - 4 bedders and C1, D1 - 3 bedders, you will notice 2 thin lines in the drawing between the balcony and the yard, near the common bathroom window to the toilet wall where the washing machine will be.

We were led to understand this represents a half-height metal gate, purpose is to prevent little children to get into the open backyard balcony. The other entry is via the MBR or Bdrm 2 for the 4 bedders, but we are sealing up that doorway.

URA should have required developers to do WYSIWYG for the showflats long time ago instead of we buyers spending big bucks and guessing half the time what we will be getting!

To us, a half-metal gate serves no purpose and would be a nuisance!
Cheers

Thanks for the explanations! yeah my C2 floorplan shows the same. it will be useful for me as I have a little kid (now baby) to watch out for.

Apparently for my MBR bathroom , according to Shirley, the shower head is located on the opposite wall where the show flat one is , and in is place is the ventilation window.

Kengar
28-09-11, 07:22
Haha!! She always say 'No' to you. Get the charming Kengar to ask on your behalf. Kekekeek

You referring to sliding door for the wardrobes? I am really keen on this to create more space and longer lasting wardrobes. I thought she mention about confirming with us on the additional costs for it? No?:confused:

Kengar has limited power in such situation. Haha.

jbtay
28-09-11, 08:28
HI there. Thank you so much for sharing with us your ideas and the response you get from our ever friendly Shirley.:p

I have been thinking of not getting the toilet bowl and shower in the WC fixed too. However, I was wondering if it will:-

1. Have any issue with tiling the floor. Will there be a 'stump' left on the floor due to the drainage of the toilet bowl? Will it be sealed up with normal tiles?

2. The place will be ideal for me to put the washing machine and dryer instead. Will it be feasible and logical? Water point to washing machine? Any problem? Electrical point? (There isn't any powerpoint right?)

3. As an alternative, this place can be used to store part of my furnitures or the 'Kitchen Minister' will probably want to use it to store her dry goods. Hehe.

Thank you for enlightening me. Appreciate your input.:p

Once you omit the toilet bowl, SL will seal up the pipe and extend the tiles, in fact I only requested to omit the toilet bowl, and Shirley added in the tile extension for me (Cause if SL fix toilet bowl, SL will not tile up area under bowl).
As for WM inside the maid's toilet, there will not be powerpoint to start with, and from Shirley's reply on the lighting point, no way SL will put powerpoint there, so got to do after TOP, but no reason why powerpoint cannot be done in wet area I think but a bit more work to relocate the 15amps point at the designated WM area and punch thru the wall into the toilet. Also the water point. Best if SL can acede to request, otherwise a lot more work; but I doubt SL will. Already, SL is quite accommodating. They could simply say no, and nothing we can do about it.
Cheers:cheers6:

desquire
28-09-11, 09:17
Once you omit the toilet bowl, SL will seal up the pipe and extend the tiles, in fact I only requested to omit the toilet bowl, and Shirley added in the tile extension for me (Cause if SL fix toilet bowl, SL will not tile up area under bowl).
As for WM inside the maid's toilet, there will not be powerpoint to start with, and from Shirley's reply on the lighting point, no way SL will put powerpoint there, so got to do after TOP, but no reason why powerpoint cannot be done in wet area I think but a bit more work to relocate the 15amps point at the designated WM area and punch thru the wall into the toilet. Also the water point. Best if SL can acede to request, otherwise a lot more work; but I doubt SL will. Already, SL is quite accommodating. They could simply say no, and nothing we can do about it.

This means that it will be an 'ordinary' flat floor right? That will be great I think. I might want to remove the sink and shower as well. There will be a bi-fold door there too isnt it? Any idea how it looks like? Might as well remove everything in the room as use it as a storage space for the house. maybe kitchen stuffs. Hmmm...:D

East Lover
28-09-11, 09:32
This means that it will be an 'ordinary' flat floor right? That will be great I think. I might want to remove the sink and shower as well. There will be a bi-fold door there too isnt it? Any idea how it looks like? Might as well remove everything in the room as use it as a storage space for the house. maybe kitchen stuffs. Hmmm...:D
that could be a good idea. but be careful if your upstair neightbour's WC leak, you will have problem...

maybe you can use that little room as laundry room? put washingmachine (yes power point problem...)

poor me, need maid room and wc.... my maid spoiled one, with me 10 years liao, can not downgrade her living condition hahaha:D

East Lover
28-09-11, 09:40
double clicked

jbtay
28-09-11, 09:49

yes, it will be an ordinary flat tiled floor. Good if you don't need a washing area, then can use as a dry store room.

after TOP, write to PUB to inform them there is no WC in this area and PUB will then not charge you for the wc charges; my colleague who has a 4 bedder at Tropica, he bought resale about 2 yrs back, also removed the wc, sealed it up and asked PUB to omit the wc charge; PUB will then come and inspect.

in fact, if use this wc infrequently, then better to seal up, otherwise the water becomes stagnant and it will smell.
Cheers

East Lover
28-09-11, 10:04

no no no, she said they are not ID company, so not possible to alter the wardrob design to customize my requirment...:banghead: either accept the swing door or do not install at all..... :mad:

forget it lah. i will accept swing doors. will create more storage in backyard. try to keep room simple. do you know how smaill it is??? :scared-5:

yes yes yes, only charming Kengar can convince her.. ;) ;) ;)

East Lover
28-09-11, 10:06
yes, it will be an ordinary flat tiled floor. Good if you don't need a washing area, then can use as a dry store room.

after TOP, write to PUB to inform them there is no WC in this area and PUB will then not charge you for the wc charges; my colleague who has a 4 bedder at Tropica, he bought resale about 2 yrs back, also removed the wc, sealed it up and asked PUB to omit the wc charge; PUB will then come and inspect.

in fact, if use this wc infrequently, then better to seal up, otherwise the water becomes stagnant and it will smell.
Cheers
any issue if resale? have problem to fix it back if buyer needs a maid WC?

desquire
28-09-11, 10:16
no no no, she said they are not ID company, so not possible to alter the wardrob design to customize my requirment...:banghead: either accept the swing door or do not install at all..... :mad:

forget it lah. i will accept swing doors. will create more storage in backyard. try to keep room simple. do you know how smaill it is??? :scared-5:

yes yes yes, only charming Kengar can convince her.. ;) ;) ;)

Sad thing cannot do the swing door to the wardrobes. Yup, our rooms are very small indeed but still alright lah. I think they mass produced the doors for all their projects including Centrale 8 and ATT so it's like 'one go' thing. So it's like thousands of doors. Hehehe.

I have just written to Shirley and asked her to remove the whole WC room altogther including waterpoints and door to it. A simple empty room, that's what will be left out of it!!! That will be great!! Can store some of my furnitures!!! Hooray!!

I am praying for a positive reply. Keep my fingers crossed. The washing machine and dryer can remain in the kitchen balcony lah. It's still a good option. I just can't stand an 'unused' WC which can be used for other purposes. Thanks to all and jbtay for your brilliant sharing!!:D

desquire
28-09-11, 10:23

Cheers

What exacyly is WC charge? This is my first time eharing this!! Gosh!! This applies to condo only? I now wonder if I have been paying for 'toilet' charge for my HDB. Oh my, does it cost much? Wah, now I know everything also pay!!!:eek: :eek: :eek:

jbtay
28-09-11, 10:48
What exacyly is WC charge? This is my first time eharing this!! Gosh!! This applies to condo only? I now wonder if I have been paying for 'toilet' charge for my HDB. Oh my, does it cost much? Wah, now I know everything also pay!!!:eek: :eek: :eek:

This is the Sanitary Appliance Fee in your Utility Bill billed by SP Services but collected on behalf of PUB (which besides water consumption, also charges WaterBorne Fee and Sanitary Appliance Fee). Only a few dollars a month for each sanitary appliance, but every dollar counts.

jbtay
28-09-11, 10:56
any issue if resale? have problem to fix it back if buyer needs a maid WC?

Resale terms should be on "As is where is basis" i.e. what they see is what they buy, no warranties of any kind. What they don't see, well too bad.

Most buyers anyway will do extensive renovation after buying a 10 yr old flat. Like my present upstairs neighbour from foreign country did extensive renovations for more than a month - so much hacking and drilling.

I suppose, new owner will have to hack floor and reconnect sewer waste pipe, now with modern technology, adhesives, shouldn't be a major difficulty.
When people buy older condos, I believe its mainly for location, view and size and layout of the rooms, more than anything else.
Cheers

desquire
28-09-11, 10:57
:eek:
This is the Sanitary Appliance Fee in your Utility Bill billed by SP Services but collected on behalf of PUB (which besides water consumption, also charges WaterBorne Fee and Sanitary Appliance Fee). Only a few dollars a month for each sanitary appliance, but every dollar counts.

All kinds of fee bro. Thank you again for sharing. I wonder if i am the only negligent one here!!! So many charges!!! I have been paying yet still not aware of it!!!

DC33_2008
28-09-11, 12:00
Good to have developer who is so accommodating to buyers' request. Remember to ensure that they submit all the changes made for your unit to the relevant authority. Otherwise, the your converted toilet will still be charged by PUB.
Sad thing cannot do the swing door to the wardrobes. Yup, our rooms are very small indeed but still alright lah. I think they mass produced the doors for all their projects including Centrale 8 and ATT so it's like 'one go' thing. So it's like thousands of doors. Hehehe.

I have just written to Shirley and asked her to remove the whole WC room altogther including waterpoints and door to it. A simple empty room, that's what will be left out of it!!! That will be great!! Can store some of my furnitures!!! Hooray!!

I am praying for a positive reply. Keep my fingers crossed. The washing machine and dryer can remain in the kitchen balcony lah. It's still a good option. I just can't stand an 'unused' WC which can be used for other purposes. Thanks to all and jbtay for your brilliant sharing!!:D

desquire
28-09-11, 12:07
Good to have developer who is so accommodating to buyers' request. Remember to ensure that they submit all the changes made for your unit to the relevant authority. Otherwise, the your converted toilet will still be charged by PUB.

Yup, SL has been kind to us so far especially Shirley. I hope things will turn out well for us. It will be awesome if the 'useless' WC can be converted to a utility storage room! :D

DC33_2008
28-09-11, 12:23
You are a practical person. Have seen 2000sqft house with 5 toilets and 5 rooms. May be want personalised toilets.
Yup, SL has been kind to us so far especially Shirley. I hope things will turn out well for us. It will be awesome if the 'useless' WC can be converted to a utility storage room! :D

Belac
28-09-11, 13:10
Hello all,

I am a newbie in this thread .. have been wanting to participate in your discussion but couldn't find time :(

My future neighbours are all so warm and friendly :)

Mine is block 95 .. guess will be the last few to receive the lawyer's letter.
Would like to check if it's too late to request for some changes only when we receive the 10% foundation payment ?

Btw, what is the difference between balcony and backyard ?

Thanks alot for sharing.

minami3
28-09-11, 13:31
Oh my!! the induction hob will be perfect too!! Easier to clean and maintain compared to traditional ones!! I wonder if this is possible!!:confused: Yes, the easy-to-clean is my MAIN reason for thinking of getting the induction hob :) The other reason is that it complements our minimalist design :)) Yes, spoke to Shirley before. She said ok to omit both hood & hob...just need to give her the specifications...so that they know how much space to cater for the hood & hob. They will also calculate the cost savings from us not wanting the hood & hob. These will be used to offset against our marble upgrade costs.

mr_chongfs
28-09-11, 17:49
hello, i think it's a wonderful idea to convert the maid's toilet to another "spare" room and I am very keen on that too.

personally, I don;t think it necessary to have 3 toilets and it's very likely that the maid's toilet will be under utilised.

I am thinking of putting the fridge there instead and perhaps remove the wall between the balcony and the yard. that shd solve the power point issue and even extend the balcony space.

cheers

victorchoo
28-09-11, 18:04
hello, i think it's a wonderful idea to convert the maid's toilet to another "spare" room and I am very keen on that too.

personally, I don;t think it necessary to have 3 toilets and it's very likely that the maid's toilet will be under utilised.

I am thinking of putting the fridge there instead and perhaps remove the wall between the balcony and the yard. that shd solve the power point issue and even extend the balcony space.

cheers
if u're referring to the 2 thin lines between the yard and balcony, they are meant to be a gate or low railings. If u're referring to the pillar between the yard's WC and balcony, that's the main pillar and cannot be hacked for sure.

mr_chongfs
28-09-11, 18:08
oh i see, nevermind then, we'll cross the bridge when we get there ...

jbtay
28-09-11, 20:31
if u're referring to the 2 thin lines between the yard and balcony, they are meant to be a gate or low railings. If u're referring to the pillar between the yard's WC and balcony, that's the main pillar and cannot be hacked for sure.

yes, that's and RC column

desquire
28-09-11, 22:54
yes, that's and RC column
Hehe. Hang in there while I await reply from our dearest Shirley to see the possibility of having the room kept empty for storage. Hopefully she replies soon. :p

jbtay
29-09-11, 14:59
Hello all,

I am a newbie in this thread .. have been wanting to participate in your discussion but couldn't find time :(

My future neighbours are all so warm and friendly :)

Mine is block 95 .. guess will be the last few to receive the lawyer's letter.
Would like to check if it's too late to request for some changes only when we receive the 10% foundation payment ?

Btw, what is the difference between balcony and backyard ?

Thanks alot for sharing.

Hello Belac, Welcome to FEC (Friendly East Club)
Could you share which unit you will be at?. Bro Kengar keeps a list of where our friendly neighbours are.
I'm also at Blk 95 unit 04-46, type C1. For Blk 95, types C1 and D4 has a an open balcony (half wall) next to the yard.

Suggest you call Shirley Koh of SL at tel 63036163 to find out. Best to let her know what changes you require for their consideration and costing asap as SL is speeding up the development.

East Lover
29-09-11, 18:19
Dear FEC,

Just to check with you for the LOI
1) can my maid sign for the last dotted line?
2) when to pay the payment? 2 weeks time or when SL ready to lay the floor???

Belac
29-09-11, 18:30
Hello Belac, Welcome to FEC (Friendly East Club)
Could you share which unit you will be at?. Bro Kengar keeps a list of where our friendly neighbours are.
I'm also at Blk 95 unit 04-46, type C1. For Blk 95, types C1 and D4 has a an open balcony (half wall) next to the yard.

Suggest you call Shirley Koh of SL at tel 63036163 to find out. Best to let her know what changes you require for their consideration and costing asap as SL is speeding up the development.

Hello Jbtay,

Cool .. i am at 14-46 . I stay in Tampines too and can tell that SL seems to be working hard on the development. Appreciate if you could provide Shirley's email so that i can touch base with her on some requirements.

I am pretty confused about the yard and balcony. Thought the showflat is exactly the unit that we expect at stack 46 ?

My hubby and i are thinking to do without the toilet bowl at the maid's toilet, sealing up the MBR door and extending the kitchen cabinet etc though haven't really finalise on the discussion :tongue3:

It's great to know there's this forum for information sharing and encouraging each other along the way to our Dream house.

jbtay
29-09-11, 18:52
Hello Jbtay,

Cool .. i am at 14-46 . I stay in Tampines too and can tell that SL seems to be working hard on the development. Appreciate if you could provide Shirley's email so that i can touch base with her on some requirements.

I am pretty confused about the yard and balcony. Thought the showflat is exactly the unit that we expect at stack 46 ?

My hubby and i are thinking to do without the toilet bowl at the maid's toilet, sealing up the MBR door and extending the kitchen cabinet etc though haven't really finalise on the discussion :tongue3:

It's great to know there's this forum for information sharing and encouraging each other along the way to our Dream house.

Hi
email address as shown:

Shirley Koh <[email protected]>
Do call her, she's very helpful.:) :)
The showflat does show the backyard and the yard balcony without the half-height metal gate in between. The yard balcony is where the half-height wall starts.

Belac
29-09-11, 19:01
Hi
email address as shown:

Shirley Koh <[email protected]>
Do call her, she's very helpful.:) :)
The showflat does show the backyard and the yard balcony without the half-height metal gate in between. The yard balcony is where the half-height wall starts.

Thanks alot :)

jbtay
29-09-11, 19:07
Dear FEC,

Just to check with you for the LOI
1) can my maid sign for the last dotted line?
2) when to pay the payment? 2 weeks time or when SL ready to lay the floor???

Hi
Anyone above 21, I believe, without a criminal record should be able to sign as witness, if in doubt, ask your lawyer. In my case, I ask my lawyer to be witness.
As my LOI has two pages, we also signed on the first page plus the sketch plan (Shirley was very kind to include in a sketch plan as mine had quite a lot of omissions. Witness only need to sign on the last dotted line).

As for payment, as mine had quite a lot of omissions (e.g. no wardrobes at all, no WC, no metal gate), everything contra out. No breakdown given, obviously, it will never be the case of SL paying out cash to the Buyer for changes requested by Buyer even if value of omissions exceeded additions/variations, but we save the hassle of removal, hacking etc. Good enough that SL prepared to consider change requests. So I accepted.
:)

East Lover
30-09-11, 14:07
Hi
Anyone above 21, I believe, without a criminal record should be able to sign as witness, if in doubt, ask your lawyer. In my case, I ask my lawyer to be witness.
As my LOI has two pages, we also signed on the first page plus the sketch plan (Shirley was very kind to include in a sketch plan as mine had quite a lot of omissions. Witness only need to sign on the last dotted line).

As for payment, as mine had quite a lot of omissions (e.g. no wardrobes at all, no WC, no metal gate), everything contra out. No breakdown given, obviously, it will never be the case of SL paying out cash to the Buyer for changes requested by Buyer even if value of omissions exceeded additions/variations, but we save the hassle of removal, hacking etc. Good enough that SL prepared to consider change requests. So I accepted.
thanks. called shirley, no problem if my maid to sign - the easiest to us :p

payment is pretty soon..... :mad:

jbtay
30-09-11, 15:48
thanks. called shirley, no problem if my maid to sign - the easiest to us :p

payment is pretty soon..... :mad:

so nice, your maid..., just got back from lawyer, he must sign on the copy that we signed :doh:
anyway, will now email to Shirley the LOI and get this out of the way.

next task, design the wardrobe internal layout :)

joycewangwen
30-09-11, 18:53
i have a small question to ask:

in the showflat, there is no 'glass wall' between the living room and balcony, but i thought there should be a glass wall with a door. If not the heavy rain+wind might met the living room.

am i correct?

craze
30-09-11, 19:30
yes there is a sliding door between the living room & the balcony.

ridepinky
30-09-11, 19:35
good day to all,

Since we are on the topic of doorways,
Any one gotten a firm response about the doorway from the kitchen to the bedroom passageway?

Sliding or standard doorway or no door at all?

Simlian has kindly accepted some of my change request.
Will share in detail in later posts :-)

jbtay
30-09-11, 20:23
good day to all,

Since we are on the topic of doorways,
Any one gotten a firm response about the doorway from the kitchen to the bedroom passageway?

Sliding or standard doorway or no door at all?

Simlian has kindly accepted some of my change request.
Will share in detail in later posts :-)

Yes, SL is quite accomodating.
Looking at what's provided at Clover By The Park, it would appear that kitchen to the yard is an aluminium framed door with glass panels and kitchen to the bedroom passageway is a wooden sliding door with glass panels from the pics.
To me a swing door at the bedroom passageway would get in the way of the fridge and the cabinets on the other side (in my case cabinets in both sides as I'm extending cabinets all the way.

desquire
03-10-11, 12:35
Hi guys..

1. I was thiking of removing the 'aluminium' door from the kitchen to the balcony (as seen from the attached pictures posted courtesy of jbtay). Would it be a good idea? Any implications?:confused:

2. Prefer to install a 'rain-shower' in both the toilets. Should I get Sl to fix the existing one or should I not get them to fix it all all? Would it be better not to fix so that I can get a contractor to do it for me instead?:confused:

Awaiting final reply from Shirley on the conversion of the WC to a storage room. :p :D

ridepinky
03-10-11, 13:14
Changes we have proposed to SL so far:

1) Omit toilet bowl in WC and to extend Floor Tiles.
2) Bring forward Door Frame of Master Bedroom to be inline with Bathroom 2 Wall.
3) Reposition Wardrobe in Master bedroom.
4) Seal up Door opening form Study to Back Balcony.

we are still trying to get the SL plans for the electrical Switch and power plug location

jbtay
03-10-11, 15:32
Hi guys..

1. I was thiking of removing the 'aluminium' door from the kitchen to the balcony (as seen from the attached pictures posted courtesy of jbtay). Would it be a good idea? Any implications?:confused:

2. Prefer to install a 'rain-shower' in both the toilets. Should I get Sl to fix the existing one or should I not get them to fix it all all? Would it be better not to fix so that I can get a contractor to do it for me instead?:confused:

Awaiting final reply from Shirley on the conversion of the WC to a storage room. :p :D

Regarding the aluminium door which I believe opens in the yard (as in Clover By the Park), this too should have been a sliding door as its going to be a nuisance. Everytime we need to go to the yard or bomb shelter in my case to get to my fridge, need to open this door.
However, you may need to consider that when the contractor engaged by the MCST for pest control carry out fogging (in Aquarius, its every Friday afternoon), the fumes can get into the kitchen, depending on which level you are, if you don't have a door here, and the fumes can be very pungent and obnoxious.
Not sure what is the practice at other condos.

jbtay
03-10-11, 15:38
Changes we have proposed to SL so far:

1) Omit toilet bowl in WC and to extend Floor Tiles.
2) Bring forward Door Frame of Master Bedroom to be inline with Bathroom 2 Wall.
3) Reposition Wardrobe in Master bedroom.
4) Seal up Door opening form Study to Back Balcony.

we are still trying to get the SL plans for the electrical Switch and power plug location

This is the power point locations which Orange Tee agent sent me some time back, he said that it was indicative only, and also does not show the power points in the kitchen area. But I guess should be pretty accurate as I used this to request relocation of a few points including a double gang point just above the extended counter-top where the fridge was originally to be located. Shirley has accepted the minor changes to the locations.

Need to talk to Shirley about giving us the architectural layout for our units and other details. SL can't keep the buyers guessing.:)

ridepinky
04-10-11, 12:25
Hmm...

nothing mentioned within the kitchen.

Presuming the Cooker Hood has already been pre-wired.

What would be the minimum number of gangs for convinent kitchen utilisation?

1) Fridge - All Hours
2) Kettle - Left on table top - utilise Daily
3) Rice Cooker - Left on table top - utilise Daily
4) Blender / Oven / Slow Cooker / etc - As when required.

4 gangs seems to be a bare minimum.

I havent started to plan for the living room / bed room etcs.. .
would really love to have the unsilghtly cables nicely hidden, out of sight.

Eastguy
04-10-11, 12:32
HI Guys and Gals of Waterview

Great to have the website for the updates. I have bought a unit at stack 5.

desquire
04-10-11, 12:33
This is the power point locations which Orange Tee agent sent me some time back, he said that it was indicative only, and also does not show the power points in the kitchen area. But I guess should be pretty accurate as I used this to request relocation of a few points including a double gang point just above the extended counter-top where the fridge was originally to be located. Shirley has accepted the minor changes to the locations.

Need to talk to Shirley about giving us the architectural layout for our units and other details. SL can't keep the buyers guessing.:)

Weird that there's no powerpoint near the entrance. The closest being the one at the dining area. Hmmm..:confused:

desquire
04-10-11, 12:34
HI Guys and Gals of Waterview

Great to have the website for the updates. I have bought a unit at stack 5.

Congrats bro. We have Eastlover and Eastguy. Nice!!!:p

desquire
04-10-11, 12:37
Hmm...

nothing mentioned within the kitchen.

Presuming the Cooker Hood has already been pre-wired.

What would be the minimum number of gangs for convinent kitchen utilisation?

1) Fridge - All Hours
2) Kettle - Left on table top - utilise Daily
3) Rice Cooker - Left on table top - utilise Daily
4) Blender / Oven / Slow Cooker / etc - As when required.

4 gangs seems to be a bare minimum.

I havent started to plan for the living room / bed room etcs.. .
would really love to have the unsilghtly cables nicely hidden, out of sight.

Quite true. what about the microwave oven!!! SL always gives us stress!!! I just realsied it too!!! Toaster!!:eek:

jbtay
04-10-11, 13:12
Quite true. what about the microwave oven!!! SL always gives us stress!!! I just realsied it too!!! Toaster!!:eek:

the orange tee agent said that at that time they had not finalised the power points for the kitchen.

looking at what's provided at Clover, the power points for the fridge is a double gang point located just beneath the top cabinets; point for washing machine is a standard 3 round pin 15 amps point; note height of other power points and lighting switch at clover, seems ok

you are right that there should be adequate gang points near the corner and just above the countertops where there is usable space for rice cooker, kettle and small oven toaster; but really not much usable counter-top space; thats the reason we extended counter-top and move the fridge elsewhere. My next issue is how to get my fridge into the home shelter, looking at how narrow the doorway is and the fact its going to be a thick metal door; understand that at seastrand (FEL project), although its a metal door, its going to be a thin metal door unlike the older types. If the door width has 750mm, I should be able to get the fridge through with the two fridge doors fully opened, as the fridge depth is 600mm minus the doors, last resort is remove the fridge doors and fix them back later on, there are guides in the web showing how samsung french doors can be removed.
Hope the pics at clover are useful; but we need the actual thing from SL

jbtay
04-10-11, 13:19
the orange tee agent said that at that time they had not finalised the power points for the kitchen.

looking at what's provided at Clover, the power points for the fridge is a double gang point located just beneath the top cabinets; point for washing machine is a standard 3 round pin 15 amps point; note height of other power points and lighting switch at clover, seems ok

you are right that there should be adequate gang points near the corner and just above the countertops where there is usable space for rice cooker, kettle and small oven toaster; but really not much usable counter-top space; thats the reason we extended counter-top and move the fridge elsewhere. My next issue is how to get my fridge into the home shelter, looking at how narrow the doorway is and the fact its going to be a thick metal door; understand that at seastrand (FEL project), although its a metal door, its going to be a thin metal door unlike the older types. If the door width has 750mm, I should be able to get the fridge through with the two fridge doors fully opened, as the fridge depth is 600mm minus the doors, last resort is remove the fridge doors and fix them back later on, there are guides in the web showing how samsung french doors can be removed.
Hope the pics at clover are useful; but we need the actual thing from SL

Oops, here are the pics

Kengar
04-10-11, 13:44
Oops, here are the pics

Are the ceiling already in false ceiling state?

It seems alot of rework to do if we want to relocated the electric points as they are already embedded into the walls.

Kengar
04-10-11, 17:09
Looks like Stack 5 is a popular one! :D

Hi Zxcvbnm, what is your number?

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-NHgRevhdymk/TorMycgYhWI/AAAAAAAAAK8/mkcZ7x8OFYg/s512/Fullscreen%252520capture%2525201042011%25252050654%252520PM.jpg

jbtay
04-10-11, 17:29
Are the ceiling already in false ceiling state?

It seems alot of rework to do if we want to relocated the electric points as they are already embedded into the walls.

sorry, don't understand your question. power points more rework to relocate or add new ones as needs to channel into the walls.

only, kitchen, yard, balcony and bathrooms have false ceiling and so easier to add say lighting points, etc but not in living, dining and bedrooms.
looking at the total no. of lighting points specified in the sales brochure and counting the points, would appear that other than mbr, other bedrooms have only 1 lighting point each, I may be wrong, but if correct, it certainly isnt sufficient. Compared with current condo, all bedrooms have two lighting points, and I may also want to install ceiling fans, then need to do quite a lot of rework.

:banghead:

desquire
04-10-11, 17:57
sorry, don't understand your question. power points more rework to relocate or add new ones as needs to channel into the walls.

only, kitchen, yard, balcony and bathrooms have false ceiling and so easier to add say lighting points, etc but not in living, dining and bedrooms.
looking at the total no. of lighting points specified in the sales brochure and counting the points, would appear that other than mbr, other bedrooms have only 1 lighting point each, I may be wrong, but if correct, it certainly isnt sufficient. Compared with current condo, all bedrooms have two lighting points, and I may also want to install ceiling fans, then need to do quite a lot of rework.

Only one PowerPoint in the rooms! Gosh! TV already to be placed on one side of the wall. The other being the tablelamp. Just a single PowerPoint will be indeed crazy. I'm stunned!! What do they hv over at Clover I wonder!!:eek:

Kengar
04-10-11, 18:00

Oh i mean from one of the pictures, I saw a wire hanging out of a hole from the living hall ceiling.. so it looks like there is a false ceiling in place and wires are running inside it (my guess).

On the other hand.. if the ceiling in the picture is not a false ceiling, it means we have to hack the ceiling to move the lighting point to another location??? Or have a false ceiling to cover that ceiling to move the lighting to a desire position?

OOhh so much to learn and plan.. headache liao :scared-5:

jbtay
04-10-11, 20:52
Only one PowerPoint in the rooms! Gosh! TV already to be placed on one side of the wall. The other being the tablelamp. Just a single PowerPoint will be indeed crazy. I'm stunned!! What do they hv over at Clover I wonder!!:eek:

I mean "lighting" points as distinguished from "power" sockets.
I just counted my current condo and we have 19 lighting points, Waterview specs for type C units shows only 15 and this is likely how its allocated for C1

MBR - 2 - (1 should be near the wardrobe area as its away from main bedroom)
MBR Bath - 1
Bdrm 2 & 3 - 1 each = 2
Common Bath - 1
Living - 1
Living Balcony - 1
Dining - 1
Kitchen - 1
HS - 1
Yard 1
Yard WC - 1
Yard Balcony - 1
If Entrance has 1 - that makes up 15, what about bedrooms passageway?

For Aquarius, there is no yard balcony and no HS. There are 4 extra lighting points ie each room has 2 and passageway has 1, plus entrance area and I have an additional family area.

For Power points, specs show 19 "13amps socket" and 1 15 amps for Type C
And counting from Orange Tee's sketch for type C2:

MBR - 2 Single gang pt and 1 double gang pt = 4
BdRm2 - 1 S + 2D = 3
BdRm3 - 1S + 2D = 3
Living - 2S + 1D = 4
Living Balcony !S = 1
Dining - 1S = 1
HS - 1D = 2
Sub-total = 18, so looks like balance 1 in the kitchen!
Hope this is not the case.
My current kitchen has 2S +1D which is min for fridge, rice cooker, water boiler and oven

jbtay
04-10-11, 21:09
Oh i mean from one of the pictures, I saw a wire hanging out of a hole from the living hall ceiling.. so it looks like there is a false ceiling in place and wires are running inside it (my guess).

On the other hand.. if the ceiling in the picture is not a false ceiling, it means we have to hack the ceiling to move the lighting point to another location??? Or have a false ceiling to cover that ceiling to move the lighting to a desire position?

Kengar, if I'm not mistaken, that's not false ceiling, but just a hole where the wire comes out of the plaster in the ceiling, besides kitchen, bathrooms and yard area and yard balcony which have false ceiling, usually the bedroom passage way also has false ceiling; and that's not because developer is generous, but its to hide all the utility services going thru, the big ones being the water (hot and cold) and aircon pipes, and the specs show only 1 water heater provided so the two bathrooms got to share. Wonder where they will hide the water heater. Aquarius has two water heaters, for the MBR bath its directly above the shower point above the false ceiling and for the common bath, its in one kitchen cabinet below the sink as the sink also has hot water (which we never use anyway) but this means a long pipe from the kitchen to the common bathroom which has other implications. I understand Clover does not have hot water for the kitchen, which for Waterview is good as the heater should be placed near both bathrooms, otherwise you may have the hassle to drain out cold water from the shower before it gets hot.

jbtay
04-10-11, 21:23

Actually, even without false ceiling, its not that difficult to extend or relocate the lighting and power points, just that more rework needs to be done and of course added costs, electrician will just have to chip away the plaster and cut a channel to embed the conduits and re-plaster back.
With false ceiling, its much easier.
Also if one intends to put in wall units/cabinets, panelling, these can be hidden behind and save the trouble to embed in the wall.

zxcvbnm
04-10-11, 22:50
Looks like Stack 5 is a popular one! :D

Hi Zxcvbnm, what is your number?

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-NHgRevhdymk/TorMycgYhWI/AAAAAAAAAK8/mkcZ7x8OFYg/s512/Fullscreen%252520capture%2525201042011%25252050654%252520PM.jpg

Mine is Stack 4! That makes it a tie with Stack 5 in terms of popularity! :)

desquire
05-10-11, 09:34
NV's chimney is smoking!!

CDL has updated the TOP date to Q2 2013 (from Q4 2014) and some of their blocks are already up to the ninth storey!!

Let's hope for the same thing for WV!!!:D

jbtay
05-10-11, 10:40
NV's chimney is smoking!!

CDL has updated the TOP date to Q2 2013 (from Q4 2014) and some of their blocks are already up to the ninth storey!!

Let's hope for the same thing for WV!!!:D

With NV up to 9th storey and WV about 1 only for the hot stacks, WV could struggle to make it Q4 2013 and with clover TOP in Jul 11 and only 10% moved in by Oct 11, understand keys distribution from 1st to last could take 1 to 2 months!, lets hope we can make it CNY 2014, Xmas 2013 would be a hugh bonus.

desquire
05-10-11, 10:58
With NV up to 9th storey and WV about 1 only for the hot stacks, WV could struggle to make it Q4 2013 and with clover TOP in Jul 11 and only 10% moved in by Oct 11, understand keys distribution from 1st to last could take 1 to 2 months!, lets hope we can make it CNY 2014, Xmas 2013 would be a hugh bonus.

Good analysis. Yup, more likely to be 2014 as of now. WV already up first storey? Wow!!! Didn't manage to drive past these few days. Hehe.

Kengar
05-10-11, 11:38
Good analysis. Yup, more likely to be 2014 as of now. WV already up first storey? Wow!!! Didn't manage to drive past these few days. Hehe.

NV has 642 units and comparable to WV of 696...
How do they compare in terms of number of cranes on site?

More cranes = more hands = faster construction? :D

desquire
05-10-11, 11:49
NV has 642 units and comparable to WV of 696...
How do they compare in terms of number of cranes on site?

More cranes = more hands = faster construction? :D

How many cranes do they have?? Any idea??? Hehehhe!! Get's get SL to import more cranes!!!

I will check out the first storey reported!!! Must be your stack lah!!! Hahahah!:p :p

jbtay has given a very good analysis. I would pick the date as mid-2014 for TOP!!!:D :D :D

Eastguy
05-10-11, 19:17
Mine is Stack 4! That makes it a tie with Stack 5 in terms of popularity! :)

Hey....Eastguy is Kamal... I think. Tried logging on as Kamal, was unable to. Changed to eastguy n it went thru :-))....

Eastguy
05-10-11, 19:21

There is a board outside WV stated 3rd quarter 2013 TOP....

Kengar
05-10-11, 21:16
Hey....Eastguy is Kamal... I think. Tried logging on as Kamal, was unable to. Changed to eastguy n it went thru :-))....

That's great welcome! glad u finally succeed. Maybe the key word to use in a nick should include the 'East' word.

desquire
05-10-11, 23:16
There is a board outside WV stated 3rd quarter 2013 TOP....
Oh my!!! You can't be serious!!!:eek: :eek: :eek:

East Lover
06-10-11, 09:43
Oh my!!! You can't be serious!!!:eek: :eek: :eek:http://i1203.photobucket.com/albums/bb400/vw_progress/iPhone0811257.jpg

East Lover
06-10-11, 09:49
http://i1203.photobucket.com/albums/bb400/vw_progress/iPhone0811230.jpg

smpeh
06-10-11, 09:58
http://i1203.photobucket.com/albums/bb400/vw_progress/iPhone0811230.jpg

Thanks for the update and photos, Eastlover.
Great to know that we can have X'mas party there in 2013 :cool:
Maybe we should start buying spree together now :):):)

desquire
06-10-11, 10:38
All these while I thought it's just dreams and more of the clouds and water droplets..

They seriously are very serious about this project completion... there's a 'real' celebration for now it seemed...:D

Thank you sister of the East!!!:p

Pretty sad to hear about the departure of steve jobs though...:(

hyenergix
06-10-11, 10:45
I see something floating in the water. Call mata, please! :scared-1:

desquire
06-10-11, 10:58

You can't be serious!!!! Don't scare us leh...:scared-3:

Kengar
07-10-11, 09:07
SL put up a HUGE Green board outside WV advertising it's upcoming EC

jbtay
07-10-11, 09:54
SL put up a HUGE Green board outside WV advertising it's upcoming EC

what's up, I thought its oversubscribed ie fully sold.
hope nearby HDB void decks will put up coffee shop with zhi char stall.

At Aquarius clubhouse, we have a zhi char, a provision shop, a pizzaria and a salon that also provides laundry services. And just across the road near the canal at HDB Longvale, there's a NTUC coffeeshop just renovated early this year with zhi char stall, roast, muslim, mixed rice and a western.

Hope some of these will sprout up near Waterview.
My youngest boy hopes to get into Temasek Poly next yr. Sitting for O level end of this month:scared-2:

desquire
07-10-11, 10:07

At Aquarius clubhouse, we have a zhi char, a provision shop, a pizzaria and a salon that also provides laundry services. And just across the road near the canal at HDB Longvale, there's a NTUC coffeeshop just renovated early this year with zhi char stall, roast, muslim, mixed rice and a western.

My youngest boy hopes to get into Temasek Poly next yr. Sitting for O level end of this month:scared-2:
Morning there. I think Kengar is referring to SL new EC aka Centrale's 8 elder sister just beside it after the much hyped DBSS. Don't know what's the take up rate for it for now and here comes another!!

Saw in the papers today the new launch of the Bedok Reservoir development but they were advertising it as a DBSS!! Something fishy!!:confused:

East Lover
07-10-11, 11:31

how about we setup our own in WV? even starbuck in the open roof? ;)
http://www.tampineswaterview.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/actual-clubhouse.jpg (http://www.tampineswaterview.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/actual-clubhouse.jpg)

desquire
07-10-11, 11:56
how about we setup our own in WV? even starbuck in the open roof? ;)
http://www.tampineswaterview.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/actual-clubhouse.jpg (http://www.tampineswaterview.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/actual-clubhouse.jpg)
Wah... I love Starbucks. We can meet upover the weekends for coffee there. If only this will happen within WV!! Great idea Director!!!

jbtay
07-10-11, 13:07
Morning there. I think Kengar is referring to SL new EC aka Centrale's 8 elder sister just beside it after the much hyped DBSS. Don't know what's the take up rate for it for now and here comes another!!

Saw in the papers today the new launch of the Bedok Reservoir development but they were advertising it as a DBSS!! Something fishy!!:confused:

This one is just opposite the coffeeshop across the road next to the HDB whereas UOL plot is on same side as the coffeeshop.

desquire
07-10-11, 13:17
This one is just opposite the coffeeshop across the road next to the HDB whereas UOL plot is on same side as the coffeeshop.
Ohhh.. Just thought they mentioned no more DBSS. Probably an old planned plot but just up up for public sales. Hehe.

Kengar
07-10-11, 13:42

Yup that Bedok Reservoir site was earmarked for DBSS all the while, so it is consistent.

The artist's impression of the reservoir view is probably too optimistic.. there are currently low rise shophouses, multi-storey carpark and forest infront of the site. i think only the top floors will get some reservoir view.

jbtay
08-10-11, 16:00
Been to the CBTP website to see progress of resolution of teething issues. I believe every new condo development will experience some, but am getting quite shocked at a number of basic matters.

1) simple things like, pool depth indicator not clearly marked.
2) no back wheel stopper when parking bays are back to back (already had one incident of a bmw bumper of a resident being bashed up by a hit-and-run van at condo carpark
3) sharp turns in car park - already some residents suffering scratches against wall
4) no bicycle parking bays - this one can also be serious as there are bound to be lots of bicycles ? Is this why they provide us very large yard balconies?

Need to moderate our expectations a little?:doh:

Kengar
08-10-11, 16:58
Been to the CBTP website to see progress of resolution of teething issues. I believe every new condo development will experience some, but am getting quite shocked at a number of basic matters.

1) simple things like, pool depth indicator not clearly marked.
2) no back wheel stopper when parking bays are back to back (already had one incident of a bmw bumper of a resident being bashed up by a hit-and-run van at condo carpark
3) sharp turns in car park - already some residents suffering scratches against wall
4) no bicycle parking bays - this one can also be serious as there are bound to be lots of bicycles ? Is this why they provide us very large yard balconies?

Need to moderate our expectations a little?:doh:

I plan to park my future bike at the common area outside the unit. Hee hee. Should be quite troublesome to push it thro the kitchen then into the yard balcony.

jbtay
08-10-11, 18:40
I plan to park my future bike at the common area outside the unit. Hee hee. Should be quite troublesome to push it thro the kitchen then into the yard balcony.

Yes, it will be quite troublesome. At Aquarius, there are designated bicycle stands where you can chain up the bicycle and every bike has to be tag with tags provided by the MA. Every 6 mths or so, those without tags will be carted away by the MA. A lot of people purchase bicycles but never really use them or maintain them, and they get rusty and are an eyesore. With designated area, MA does not allow bicycle in common areas outside your unit.

Hope SL also take care of designated bay areas for car wash.:)

desquire
08-10-11, 21:05
They're really up to the first storey!!! Drove past and saw the speedy work earlier today!! Wow!!! Super fast!!! :eek:

I hv received a clearance from Shirley to convert the WC into a storage room and hv the pipes sealed up. :p

Anyone had any idea what make will the airconditioners be? Mitsubishi right?:D

ridepinky
08-10-11, 21:35
Hope SL also take care of designated bay areas for car wash.:)[/QUOTE]

I really hope SL puts up a decent car wash bay...
Resisdents at "breeze by the east" are left without 1..
And they paid alot more then us

Kengar
08-10-11, 22:07
They're really up to the first storey!!! Drove past and saw the speedy work earlier today!! Wow!!! Super fast!!! :eek:

I hv received a clearance from Shirley to convert the WC into a storage room and hv the pipes sealed up. :p

Anyone had any idea what make will the airconditioners be? Mitsubishi right?:D

My best guess, it won't be one of those expensive or branded models.

jbtay
09-10-11, 09:44
My best guess, it won't be one of those expensive or branded models.

Quite right, anyway can't be worse than Mcquay. I have changed my three bedroom units in present condo to Daikin inverter, one compressor and three fan coils. The earlier 10 yr old unit failed on us in the middle of the nite. Apparently the compressor overworked due to a leak in the pipes. Had to change the pipes too, cold refrigerant insulated pipes plus the gas pipes. The last stretch of pipes for the MBR were encased in the wall, all the rest in false ceiling space.

Hope this time round, Design Link has the sense to put all pipes in false ceiling space, otherwise replacement will be a problem.

Visited the Shore and Sound showflats in Katong and saw the real home shelter doorwidth. Unlikely my fridge can get through :banghead: . Anyway, after seeing so many open concept kitchen with the fridge in open view, wife is now open to put fridge in dining area and with some ID work, won't look that bad ... peace at last :sleep: talk about subliminal persuasion :)

hyenergix
09-10-11, 19:44

http://forum.channelnewsasia.com/showthread.php?6024-Another-drowning-Bedok-Reservior-yesterday

ecimbew
09-10-11, 19:48
http://forum.channelnewsasia.com/showthread.php?6024-Another-drowning-Bedok-Reservior-yesterday

Woah another case! I'll stick to my fruit juice.

East Lover
09-10-11, 20:43
Ai yoh! No wonder saw so many police these 2 days... What happen in bedok reservior? WP must engage some master to do some 超度。。。:mad: :mad:
Waterfront waves TOP soon... No sure impact their prices or not...

jbtay
09-10-11, 21:35
Ai yoh! No wonder saw so many police these 2 days... What happen in bedok reservior? WP must engage some master to do some 超度。。。:mad: :mad:
Waterfront waves TOP soon... No sure impact their prices or not...

http://news.insing.com/tabloid/another-death-at-bedok-reservoir/id-1bd53e00

how they know its a 33 year old man when body could not be found?
surely they must search until body is found....?:scared-1:

hyenergix
10-10-11, 07:26
Could be debt related suicide. You will never know when a dead body floats up while you are taking a walk. Evening strolls will be eerie. Bedok reservoir doesn't give me the right view or feel. Other reservoirs like Pierce are much better.

desquire
10-10-11, 08:08
Could be debt related suicide. You will never know when a dead body floats up while you are taking a walk. Evening strolls will be eerie. Bedok reservoir doesn't give me the right view or feel. Other reservoirs like Pierce are much better.

You must be a psychic!!! YOu were just talking about it...:eek: :eek: :eek:

jbtay
10-10-11, 10:24
You must be a psychic!!! YOu were just talking about it...:eek: :eek: :eek:

I still can't comprehend why body can't be found. There are no waves and no crocodiles or loch ness monster !!

My friend from Tropica went for the 10km civil service run and said there was talk of a woman drowning. Which is which now, man or woman.

Also should it be reported in the press or not? Not reported ... better not to know? what if there is a serial murderer around? Be reported ... only attracts others to consider Bedok Reservoir as a good venue for departing ....?

Also saw this Noel's guy blog on super paranormal observations around reservoir area...:scared-1:

desquire
10-10-11, 11:42
I still can't comprehend why body can't be found. There are no waves and no crocodiles or loch ness monster !!

My friend from Tropica went for the 10km civil service run and said there was talk of a woman drowning. Which is which now, man or woman.

Also should it be reported in the press or not? Not reported ... better not to know? what if there is a serial murderer around? Be reported ... only attracts others to consider Bedok Reservoir as a good venue for departing ....?

Also saw this Noel's guy blog on super paranormal observations around reservoir area...:scared-1:
The much talked about water collection centre at the moment. No reports whatsoever apart from that from insing and the police vehicles which I drove past to over the weekend. I thought it was just a patrol and did not suspect anything amiss.

Probably I was concentrating too much on the first level up for WV. Managed to get a glimpse of Arc too. Second balloting over and 50% sold. Now can just walk in and select the remaining units if interested. I love the dual key units!!! The layout of each house did have an 'arc' indeed!!! :p

desquire
10-10-11, 12:32
CNA reported that that the body of an Indian National has been found. The deceased is a worker at a nearby site!!! Oh my!!!:scared-4:

desquire
10-10-11, 12:35
This turned out true. Either you're a psychic or accurate by accident!!:scared-3:

p3nboy
10-10-11, 13:15
new activity for Bedok residents, hunt for floating objects...:D

acidic.straw
10-10-11, 14:45
This turned out true. Either you're a psychic or accurate by accident!!:scared-3:

Time for you to change your avatar? :scared-4:

huddy
10-10-11, 15:20
CNA reported that that the body of an Indian National has been found. The deceased is a worker at a nearby site!!! Oh my!!!:scared-4:

Oh man, "nearby site" ... Are they referring to WV? or the water front series?

Kengar
11-10-11, 07:57
Oh man, "nearby site" ... Are they referring to WV? or the water front series?

Yup he was from WV site based on today's papers. I hope the Govt would fence up the reservoir.

desquire
11-10-11, 08:03
Yup he was from WV site based on today's papers. I hope the Govt would fence up the reservoir.

Oh!!!!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: everyone is just so stressed out!!!

azeoprop
11-10-11, 11:57

:scared-3: :scared-1:

huddy
11-10-11, 13:54
OMG! Another body found ... this time a 50 year-old uncle!!

http://www.asiaone.com/News/AsiaOne%2BNews/Singapore/Story/A1Story20111011-304374.html

What had gone wrong? But luckily he is not dead yet ... otherwise there will be an additional soul out there.

Kengar
11-10-11, 14:04
OMG! Another body found ... this time a 50 year-old uncle!!

http://www.asiaone.com/News/AsiaOne%2BNews/Singapore/Story/A1Story20111011-304374.html

What had gone wrong?

Seriously need to fence up Bedok Reservoir.. given safety gantry was built for MRT stations.. it is good to have one for reservoir as a deterent.

Still got chance for MP LTK to bring up in Parliament next week.

DC33_2008
11-10-11, 14:15
This uncle could be drunk when he fell into the water as they could smell alcohol.

Kengar
11-10-11, 14:25
I just wrote to Aljunied Hougang Town Council on the feedback to fence up Bedok Reservoir. Hope they can consider to bring it up during the current Parliament session.

Worsty
11-10-11, 16:48
I just wrote to Aljunied Hougang Town Council on the feedback to fence up Bedok Reservoir. Hope they can consider to bring it up during the current Parliament session.

If you fence up the reservoir, how do you canoe in it or do other water activities in it? Just because of a few incident, it's unfair to restrict others of the use of it.

If people want to commit suicide, they can jump off overhead bridge over PIE (happened to my cousin when he was driving and he knocked into the guy who jumped), they can jump off buildings (this foreign worked took the lift up, jumped off and landed next to my granny's wake), etc etc.

So ban overhead bridge over expressways? Ban lifts usage?

They should solve the root of the issue why people are committing suicide instead of putting all these restrictions.

DC33_2008
11-10-11, 18:12
It is not natural anymore. I thought we want to have good reservior view and closer to water and nature. We have not heard of anyone jumping into the pond at botanical garden. Fencing is too artificial.