PDA

View Full Version : Why do pool view units command higher psf?

KC76
14-11-10, 12:18
Question as per subject title. From my understanding, pool view condo units blocked by the next block can command a higher price compared to unblock units facing the roads or landed. Why is this so? Isnt unblock units provide more privacy to owners? You wouldn't want your neighbours to peep at what you are doing right?

Somemore some agents told me low floor pool view units command even higher prices than high floor pool view same stack. Any truth in this? Isn't the higher a unit, the higher price it can command? Agent said can view the pool direct from your balcony wor..:scared-4:

mcmlxxvi
14-11-10, 12:48
Depends. Some type of buyers love easy access to pool as got lots of kids to watch over, often hold poolside bbq etc so its not about the view but convenience and peace of mind.

Imagine just passing the stuff from your unit direct to the pool side or bbq pit a short walk away without waiting for lift to go up come down etc. Forgot something just shout. Lol. Machiam your own landed property.

andy
14-11-10, 12:52
Don't know if they have higher $psf but ang mohs like pool view, particularly ground floor floor view units.

They are easy to rent and command higher rentals.

hyenergix
14-11-10, 13:59
I will never get direct pool view. The noise at night and during weekend simply spoils my mood. NS facing with greenery or sea view (not with container terminals!) is just right... I'm still looking around for this perfect condo ;) Reflection seems to fit my bill but then the price is damn expensive.

rattydrama
14-11-10, 14:05
My understanding is 5 & 6 level got the best pool view, keep the unit cooling as well. 4th level also not too bad but often associated with level floor where some investors may not be keen.

devilplate
14-11-10, 14:10
My understanding is 5 & 6 level got the best pool view, keep the unit cooling as well. 4th level also not too bad but often associated with level floor where some investors may not be keen.

3rd is da best.....4th flr and above goto bend down ur head to see the pool oredi....tats my observation....must be able to see the pool at eye level:D

tericia
14-11-10, 16:15
Question as per subject title. From my understanding, pool view condo units blocked by the next block can command a higher price compared to unblock units facing the roads or landed. Why is this so? Isnt unblock units provide more privacy to owners? You wouldn't want your neighbours to peep at what you are doing right?

Somemore some agents told me low floor pool view units command even higher prices than high floor pool view same stack. Any truth in this? Isn't the higher a unit, the higher price it can command? Agent said can view the pool direct from your balcony wor..:scared-4:

i also was puzzled at this too, until one day i was at a relative's place. he stays first floor in a low rise condo in serangoon. i've never thought of low rise and location, serangoon is not on my list but after going there, sitting at his PES and chatting in the evening, having a drink, facing the pool, i fell absolutely in love with it. My wife used to dislike low floors too, but now when we are asked what floor, we say first or tenth and above.

So i can't answer whether what the agent told you in terms of pricing is true, but it was really nice for me. So i'll pay if i can afford.

hyenergix
14-11-10, 20:51
i also was puzzled at this too, until one day i was at a relative's place. he stays first floor in a low rise condo in serangoon. i've never thought of low rise and location, serangoon is not on my list but after going there, sitting at his PES and chatting in the evening, having a drink, facing the pool, i fell absolutely in love with it. My wife used to dislike low floors too, but now when we are asked what floor, we say first or tenth and above.

So i can't answer whether what the agent told you in terms of pricing is true, but it was really nice for me. So i'll pay if i can afford.

Pool view: If you can view the pool, then the people in the pool can also view you. Isn't that awkward?

KC76
14-11-10, 21:02
Pool view: If you can view the pool, then the people in the pool can also view you. Isn't that awkward?

Since views are subjective and different people allocate different values to different views, shouldn't the developers price them in closer range?:beats-me-man:

Condo Collector
15-11-10, 08:51
Since views are subjective and different people allocate different values to different views, shouldn't the developers price them in closer range?:beats-me-man:

Pool view is somethings that public housing cannot provide.

For those given negative view about pool view facing unit, it only reflect one fact - He has never stay in poor view facing unit before.

No doubt it is noisy when there is activities at the pool. But when everything settled + some cool night breeze, wah shiok man...!

DC33_2008
15-11-10, 08:56
Pool view is good. Sea view is better. It depends on the type of pool. Sometimes can smell of chlorine. Not very pleasant.

For those given negative view about pool view facing unit, it only reflect one fact - He has never stay in poor view facing unit before.

No doubt it is noisy when there is activities at the pool. But when everything settled + some cool night breeze, wah shiok man...!

teddybear
15-11-10, 09:08
(1) Pool view - good (even if blocked vs those facing road, but if blocked may not be as good as those facing greenery (a matter of personal preference))
(2) Pool view unblocked (usually only possible for high floor units) - even better
(3)
QUOTE: "low floor pool view units command even higher prices than high floor pool view same stack.
<- What rubbish is that? Please check developers' general pricing strategy. Regardless of blocked or unblocked, as long as in same stack, higher floors always priced higher than lower floors (got to do with ground floor noise, dusts, mosquitoes, insects flying into your house, etc). Developers definitely got lots of experience in pricing their properties to ensure optimal pricing and easy sale. Even when they price high floors higher than low floors, the high floors units usually get sold more easily than low floors, what does that say to you? Developers must be an idiot to price it the other way round!

Daniel Foo
15-11-10, 10:17
(1) Pool view - good (even if blocked vs those facing road, but if blocked may not be as good as those facing greenery (a matter of personal preference))
(2) Pool view unblocked (usually only possible for high floor units) - even better
(3)
QUOTE: "low floor pool view units command even higher prices than high floor pool view same stack.
<- What rubbish is that? Please check developers' general pricing strategy. Regardless of blocked or unblocked, as long as in same stack, higher floors always priced higher than lower floors (got to do with ground floor noise, dusts, mosquitoes, insects flying into your house, etc). Developers definitely got lots of experience in pricing their properties to ensure optimal pricing and easy sale. Even when they price high floors higher than low floors, the high floors units usually get sold more easily than low floors, what does that say to you? Developers must be an idiot to price it the other way round!

if you are eyeing for pool view stack, 3-5 floor is the best as it is eye view and not too noisy. Anything higher you are looking at your neighboring block, no point paying the rubbish higher psf like you mentioned and not getting a good view. You will be surprised, they are many buyers who are willing to pay a higher psf for pool facing low level units as compared to higher floor pool facing. Developers can price whatever they want, end of the day it is the buyer that decides...:spliff2:

teddybear
15-11-10, 12:10
At 3-5th floors, in a few years time, the units can even be blocked by their landscaping trees! (so much so for paying higher prices than those at higher floors!).
Noisy? My experience is anything less than 10 floors are probably quite noisy due to noise from pool side (especially the kids and the talking downstairs!). In fact, those on 2nd & 3rd levels are better off than those from 4-10th levels (because 2nd & 3rd floors have trees to shield off some noise - but then most views will be blocked by the growing trees!).
There are people who are even willing to pay $1300 psf for West Coast in the middle of nowhere! But that doesn't mean that it is really worth it there.

Higher looking at neighbouring block? Even if so, at higher floors, you are not subjected to the noise, dusts, mosquitoes, insects flying in the house etc!

Developers sure know how to price their properties to maximize their profits and they know what prices can move the properties. If lower floors can sell at higher prices, why we didn't see developers price lower floors higher than higher floors? The reason is very obvious. You better and more knowledgeable and more experience than developers in this area? :banghead:

if you are eyeing for pool view stack, 3-5 floor is the best as it is eye view and not too noisy. Anything higher you are looking at your neighboring block, no point paying the rubbish higher psf like you mentioned and not getting a good view. You will be surprised, they are many buyers who are willing to pay a higher psf for pool facing low level units as compared to higher floor pool facing. Developers can price whatever they want, end of the day it is the buyer that decides...:spliff2:

kane
15-11-10, 12:15
yes, the landscaping does reach the 5th floor after a few years. from pool view to greenery view.

rattydrama
15-11-10, 12:18
5-6th floor should be the best bet taking into the whole lots of issues discussed. :spliff:

chuash
15-11-10, 12:24
yes, the landscaping does reach the 5th floor after a few years. from pool view to greenery view.

i got a unit in waterfront gold 6th floor with pool view with recommendation by the FE agent. was hesitation about the decision in the begining. feel relieve now ;)

KC76
15-11-10, 12:25
Pool view is good. Sea view is better. It depends on the type of pool. Sometimes can smell of chlorine. Not very pleasant.

Round pool vs lap pool? lap pool should be quieter since mostly adults using.

Sea view? Gd and bad. Things in home gets corroded much faster due to salty breeze. Heard that one needs to bath more often also due to sticky feeling. Not sure if that is true though.:scared-5:

Daniel Foo
15-11-10, 12:26
At 3-5th floors, in a few years time, the units can even be blocked by their landscaping trees! (so much so for paying higher prices than those at higher floors!).
Noisy? My experience is anything less than 10 floors are probably quite noisy due to noise from pool side (especially the kids and the talking downstairs!). In fact, those on 2nd & 3rd levels are better off than those from 4-10th levels (because 2nd & 3rd floors have trees to shield off some noise - but then most views will be blocked by the growing trees!).
There are people who are even willing to pay $1300 psf for West Coast in the middle of nowhere! But that doesn't mean that it is really worth it there.

Higher looking at neighbouring block? Even if so, at higher floors, you are not subjected to the noise, dusts, mosquitoes, insects flying in the house etc!

Developers sure know how to price their properties to maximize their profits and they know what prices can move the properties. If lower floors can sell at higher prices, why we didn't see developers price lower floors higher than higher floors? The reason is very obvious. You better and more knowledgeable and more experience than developers in this area? :banghead:

I am referring to (low level) pool facing units. Generally, those with "premiun pool facing units" (lower levels 3-5 floor) are priced slightly higher those adjacent same floor blocks without any pool facing. Go and check out the statistics.

"At 3-5th floors, in a few years time, the units can even be blocked by their landscaping trees". There is such thing call tree pruning. Most condo prune the tree and maintain the landscape every 3 mths.:D

KC76
15-11-10, 12:31
i got a unit in waterfront gold 6th floor with pool view with recommendation by the FE agent. was hesitation about the decision in the begining. feel relieve now ;)

This is subjective. If there is no trees in between your unit and the pool, this is not an issue.

rattydrama
15-11-10, 12:32
so sometimes can see but other times cannot see clearly...cos schedule not due yet....:cheers1:

Daniel Foo
15-11-10, 12:32

Sea view? Gd and bad. Things in home gets corroded much faster due to salty breeze. Heard that one needs to bath more often also due to sticky feeling. Not sure if that is true though.:scared-5:

to be honest a lot of my friends who buy seaview units find it a novetly initially when they move in. After awhile, they are not even interested to look at the sea and close the curtain and enjoy the aircon instead.
Also for high floor units especially those 7 floor upwards normally you will feel the sun's heat as compared to those lower floors on a hot day. :spliff2:

chuash
15-11-10, 12:34

confirm not frien. i stays right in front near tanjong rhu. except the cables and electricial items turn rusty easily thats for sure!

DC33_2008
15-11-10, 12:44
Are they having afernoon sun? Look at Silversea.
to be honest a lot of my friends who buy seaview units find it a novetly initially when they move in. After awhile, they are not even interested to look at the sea and close the curtain and enjoy the aircon instead.
Also for high floor units especially those 7 floor upwards normally you will feel the sun's heat as compared to those lower floors on a hot day. :spliff2:

Condo Collector
15-11-10, 13:37

Volunteer yourself for MC. Then your wish of chopping those branches that blocked your view can be executed. There is no reason for other members to go against a suggestion of tree pruning.

KC76
15-11-10, 13:37
Are they having afernoon sun? Look at Silversea.

Those in east coast are southward facing. Of course, SE, morn sun, SW noon sun but mostly cast on the sidewalls of units. :rolleyes:

teddybear
15-11-10, 13:50
Not totally correct: Pool facing units only has premium to those non-pool facings with no view. Pool facing units may be priced cheaper if the pool facing is blocked further away vs another with unblocked view where you can see far-away greenery or city skyline view.
1 more thing, for same pool facing stack, higher floor always priced higher than lower floor by Developer.

Correct, but they don't prune the trees' heights! :doh: So does it matter whether they prune or not? If you live in 3-5th floors, high chance your pool view will get blocked by the landscaping trees!

I am referring to (low level) pool facing units. Generally, those with "premiun pool facing units" (lower levels 3-5 floor) are priced slightly higher those adjacent same floor blocks without any pool facing. Go and check out the statistics.

"At 3-5th floors, in a few years time, the units can even be blocked by their landscaping trees". There is such thing call tree pruning. Most condo prune the tree and maintain the landscape every 3 mths.:D

KC76
15-11-10, 13:54
Guys, just one question asked on behalf of my friend. Between an unit on the 5th floor (Labelled A) facing outwards to a small road and low rise building opposite vs a 3rd floor unit (Labelled B) facing pool, and priced about the same. Which is a better unit for investment and for stay?

low rise building

2 lane road

pool

main road

hopeful
15-11-10, 14:28
Guys, just one question asked on behalf of my friend. Between an unit on the 5th floor (Labelled A) facing outwards to a small road and low rise building opposite vs a 3rd floor unit (Labelled B) facing pool, and priced about the same. Which is a better unit for investment and for stay?

low rise building

2 lane road

pool

main road
Choose unit B, less noise and view will never change no matter construction on which roads

teddybear
15-11-10, 14:33
Can't comment as a lot of other factors involved (must stand in actual units and see) such as how far the blocks/buildings and how wide are the view etc + some subjective personal preference factors. But both too low floors lah! :p No higher floor to choose?

low rise building

2 lane road

pool

main road

kane
15-11-10, 14:55
Correct, but they don't prune the trees' heights! :doh: So does it matter whether they prune or not? If you live in 3-5th floors, high chance your pool view will get blocked by the landscaping trees!

that's correct, when you buy a brand new project, you hope they prune the trees, I've been to a few resale, 4-5th floor, trees blocking the pool view, at this rate, in another 2 years, 6th floor will be blocked.

KC76
15-11-10, 14:56
Can't comment as a lot of other factors involved (must stand in actual units and see) such as how far the blocks/buildings and how wide are the view etc + some subjective personal preference factors. But both too low floors lah! :p No higher floor to choose?

Apparently, only those are ok to him based on his current "circumstances". Dun wish to probe him further :D

I would go for A though. More open space in front (lesser chance of peeping toms), cheaper psf, 2 lane road wun be noisy since it leads to landed pty and cars cant speed along the lanes. Higher floor too. :D

rattydrama
15-11-10, 15:04
There again, if far away from neighbour’s unit and no trees to block your view, 3rd sty can buy. That’s why viewing of actual unit is important. IF buying from floor plan, buy the lowest psf or the highest floor for non pool units or for pool units, choose 5-6 floors. But if face west sun and main road, don’t think about it and park yr $ somewhere else.

Condo Collector
15-11-10, 15:05

For some reason you have very negative view on pool facing unit. Don't like that leh... "Can't pick the grape then say grape is sour!"

Isn't it that is obvious that unit B is 200% better unit A?
Unless Unit A is high floor got unblock view, then there may have room for debate. If not one sided!

rattydrama
15-11-10, 15:06
Choose unit B, less noise and view will never change no matter construction on which roads

I will choose B provided dont have main road view and noise. sometimes down the road A view maybe blocked.

kane
15-11-10, 15:10
i choose A. slightly more resort feel when you face the pool. 5th floor really doesn't make that much of a difference. both cases, you can either be blocked by internal landscaping or external roadside trees. so might as well take the pool facing one.

rattydrama
15-11-10, 15:14
i choose A. slightly more resort feel when you face the pool. 5th floor really doesn't make that much of a difference. both cases, you can either be blocked by internal landscaping or external roadside trees. so might as well take the pool facing one.

shd be B for pool facing.

kane
15-11-10, 15:16
shd be B for pool facing.

ah ok, B it is.

teddybear
15-11-10, 15:44
No, I like pool view unit on high floor and unblocked view! However, I don't like developers selling so-called pool view unit at jacked up price when other than the pool, your neighbours is just so close to you in front and can even see your pimples on your face! In the 2nd scenario, I rather buy a greenery unblocked view. (I give more value to unblocked view than pool view).

For some reason you have very negative view on pool facing unit. Don't like that leh... "Can't pick the grape then say grape is sour!"

Isn't it that is obvious that unit B is 200% better unit A?
Unless Unit A is high floor got unblock view, then there may have room for debate. If not one sided!

devilplate
15-11-10, 15:47
No, I like pool view unit on high floor and unblocked view! However, I don't like developers selling so-called pool view unit at jacked up price when other than the pool, your neighbours is just so close to you in front and can even see your pimples on your face! In the 2nd scenario, I rather buy a greenery unblocked view. (I give more value to unblocked view than pool view).

sure anot...so close until can count ur pimples ar?

teddybear
15-11-10, 15:52
"Literally" speaking........... :D
Don't understand how people can withstand living in such close-shot units to neighbours unless they are exposure freak or have peeping tom inclination? :scared-1:

sure anot...so close until can count ur pimples ar?

Condo Collector
15-11-10, 16:12

That is "you" being short chain by "the" developer.

They are many condo don't have the problem you mentioned. Particularly for those twin block condo :)

Pool facing unit that is 9 floors higher than pool level is no longer having the "feel" of pool facing. When you look down from that height, 50m lap pool view become "long kau" view liaw!

KC76
15-11-10, 16:15
I will choose B provided dont have main road view and noise. sometimes down the road A view maybe blocked.

Forgot to substantiate. Road A leads to a low commercial development and landed properties. Chances of high buildings perhaps not so high.

rattydrama
15-11-10, 16:38
Forgot to substantiate. Road A leads to a low commercial development and landed properties. Chances of high buildings perhaps not so high.

a 2 lane road infront :tsk-tsk: :tsk-tsk: for me

Condo Collector
15-11-10, 16:43

What is unblocked view if it is just level 5.

For those high ended landed, which usually are 4 level high. For those 2 storey terrace, what view can one get? Old patchy roof top?

rattydrama
15-11-10, 16:52
with all these inputs, his friend go see see look look should be able to decide liao. got noise? got view? got any trees, can see, cannot see....erm pimples........ interesting discussions/input.:)

For those high ended landed, which usually are 4 level high. For those 2 storey terrace, what view can one get? Old patchy roof top?

Lord Anus
15-11-10, 17:04

4 level high kind of landed usually have smaller area per floor. why? nobody is allowed to build more than plot ratio allows. so land area is very important in this regard.

the real high class landed is only 2 storeys spread over big land with great setback from property borders, aka GCB.

KC76
15-11-10, 17:14
with all these inputs, his friend go see see look look should be able to decide liao. got noise? got view? got any trees, can see, cannot see....erm pimples........ interesting discussions/input.:)

Trouble is, project has not TOP-ed

teddybear
15-11-10, 18:07
May be that is because the condo has MM pool so from high looks like long kang? For large pool(s), the view is magnificant! You have to see it to believe it. You want close up view? Use a binoculars better (then you can have both far away magnificant view and close up view). :D
You can have close up view of the 'swimmers' in the pool (the purpose of living in low floor?) while they can't see you clearly................ :p

That is "you" being short chain by "the" developer.

They are many condo don't have the problem you mentioned. Particularly for those twin block condo :)

Pool facing unit that is 9 floors higher than pool level is no longer having the "feel" of pool facing. When you look down from that height, 50m lap pool view become "long kau" view liaw!

OLY99
15-11-10, 18:15
isnt the purpose of buying pool view is to be able to the pool clearly and feel nearer? so ideally 5th floor will be good. can see clearly and noise level will be reduced. if buy high floor pool view, then reallly have no pool feel at all

med80009
15-11-10, 19:05
I remember got one ang moh (probably tenant) staying at 2nd floor with pool view at one of my friends condo who yells at the kids every weekend 'cos they disturb his noon zzz...

Never had the luxury of staying in pool view unit to share personal experience though :(

teddybear
15-11-10, 19:07
The so-called 'feel' is subjective, to each his own. As long as I am higher floor up there (obviously not too high also lah until the people become look like mosquitoes), I can have a good pool view, I have the pool feel and yet there is little noise and dusts and no mosquitoes & insects, etc (vs those very low floor units).

isnt the purpose of buying pool view is to be able to the pool clearly and feel nearer? so ideally 5th floor will be good. can see clearly and noise level will be reduced. if buy high floor pool view, then reallly have no pool feel at all

Condo Collector
15-11-10, 20:05
The so-called 'feel' is subjective, to each his own. As long as I am higher floor up there (obviously not too high also lah until the people become look like mosquitoes), I can have a good pool view, I have the pool feel and yet there is little noise and dusts and no mosquitoes & insects, etc (vs those very low floor units).

Lol... do you know noise travel upward? :doh:

Wild Falcon
15-11-10, 20:59
Sometimes the high floor only have sky/concrete view unless you look down from the balcony - so it's actually very bland. My personal favourite treelined floor - 4,5,6,7,8. 3rd floor no good because even if you have unblocked unit and no other units looking in, someone from the ground can still look up and look into your unit. I like the 4th floor - 4 happen to be my lucky number :)

teddybear
15-11-10, 21:15
Do you have any science knowledge? Noise only travel upward? There are many myths, 1 of which is the higher you are, the noisier it is. What nonsense not backed by Science! Noise energy reduces as it travels further and hence there is no reason why higher floor is noisier! In fact, it is those units 10th floor and below and not blocked by anything that is the noisiest! And for those blocked by trees on 2nd and 3rd floor, well, the property agent will tell you that is 'greenery' view (better than tell you that you have a tree-blocked view). :banghead:

Lol... do you know noise travel upward? :doh:

teddybear
15-11-10, 21:17
If high floor still have concrete view, low floor can have unblocked view? :doh:

Sometimes the high floor only have sky/concrete view unless you look down from the balcony - so it's actually very bland. My personal favourite treelined floor - 4,5,6,7,8. 3rd floor no good because even if you have unblocked unit and no other units looking in, someone from the ground can still look up and look into your unit. I like the 4th floor - 4 happen to be my lucky number :)

Wild Falcon
15-11-10, 21:21
Didn't I mention TREES? Same height as the top of trees lah. The trees are unlikely to reach 30 floors. So if you're on the 30th floor,you either see the sky or other concrete unless u look DOWNWARDS from the window.

If high floor still have concrete view, low floor can have unblocked view? :doh:

Geylang OKT
16-11-10, 05:39
Pool view can view sexy mei mei or hunks sunbathing mah :D

TS
16-11-10, 05:55
Just to share my experience.... You must be able to walk out to pool from patio, else it is no difference from 2nd floor unit. Preferably, the patio is on slightly higher grounds. Prefer all rooms to have full pool view. The stay in feel is great. Can also easily rent out. There is always need to compromise with something else where ever you choose. Having stayed in one, I can attest that a great pool view patio unit is so enjoyable for my family.

KC76
16-11-10, 06:15
Just to share my experience.... You must be able to walk out to pool from patio, else it is no difference from 2nd floor unit. Preferably, the patio is on slightly higher grounds. Prefer all rooms to have full pool view. The stay in feel is great. Can also easily rent out. There is always need to compromise with something else where ever you choose. Having stayed in one, I can attest that a great pool view patio unit is so enjoyable for my family.

When u can view from inside, others can also view your place from outside. General observation, residents on groundfloor units will usually draw all the curtains for more privacy. End of the day, its like exchanging convenience for another form of inconvenience. So I think 3rd floor upwards is still a safer bet.:o

hyenergix
16-11-10, 06:17
Mine is a patio unit with mostly green view and partial pool view. Actually regretted a bit buying it initially (not yet TOP) but after seeing some feedback here it seems quite encouraging.

KC76
16-11-10, 06:25
Mine is a patio unit with mostly green view and partial pool view. Actually regretted a bit buying it initially (not yet TOP) but after seeing some feedback here it seems quite encouraging.

I suppose you bought it early this year or last year? Then can sell for profit now if its for investment and if you dun really like it.:scared-4:

hyenergix
16-11-10, 06:48
I suppose you bought it early this year or last year? Then can sell for profit now if its for investment and if you dun really like it.:scared-4:

I bought early this year and will be keeping it as a weekend home (prefer to stay with parents at HDB) :) I think the best view is still seaview. I was so tempted to get a seaview villa at Batam if not for the security issue http://www.montigoresorts.com/index-nongsa.php (<- oh man, look at the sand and the beach! Imagine waking up in the morning to see the sun rise)

Condo Collector
16-11-10, 07:07
Do you have any science knowledge? Noise only travel upward? There are many myths, 1 of which is the higher you are, the noisier it is. What nonsense not backed by Science! Noise energy reduces as it travels further and hence there is no reason why higher floor is noisier! In fact, it is those units 10th floor and below and not blocked by anything that is the noisiest! And for those blocked by trees on 2nd and 3rd floor, well, the property agent will tell you that is 'greenery' view (better than tell you that you have a tree-blocked view). :banghead:

I just said noise travel upward. I didn't say it become noiser as you go higher.

Don't try to act smart. It just make you so immature..
Please try to stay in a "real" pool view unit, then comment. It is so obvious you don't have that experience.

kingkong1984
16-11-10, 07:33
Its true, the higher it is, the noisier it gets. Even the wind is a issue. Best view is pool view and smallest unit as hdb upgraders need to see pool to pay more money. Go for smaller unit as that is what they can afford for keeping hdb for rent and squeezing into a mm... Get smart.

KC76
16-11-10, 07:42
I bought early this year and will be keeping it as a weekend home (prefer to stay with parents at HDB) :) I think the best view is still seaview. I was so tempted to get a seaview villa at Batam if not for the security issue http://www.montigoresorts.com/index-nongsa.php (<- oh man, look at the sand and the beach! Imagine waking up in the morning to see the sun rise)

So nice, buy as wkend home. If I buy, I will rent it out for $$$. Just me, or maybe im poor. :(

teddybear
16-11-10, 08:03
:D My view too. I have a friend who lived on ground floor and when there are people swimming, they will be looking right into his Masterbedroom and living room! He said he also felt embarassed to look at them, not to mention admire the mei mei! So he said better get high floors! Can look down easier to admire the mei mei sun-tanning and swimming. :D On higher floors, can use binoculars, they can't see you and you can see them clearly! :p

I rather have higher floors where I can see them clearly from above and they can't see us (unless they keep looking upwards).

When u can view from inside, others can also view your place from outside. General observation, residents on groundfloor units will usually draw all the curtains for more privacy. End of the day, its like exchanging convenience for another form of inconvenience. So I think 3rd floor upwards is still a safer bet.:o

teddybear
16-11-10, 08:09
So you are trying to say: "noise (only) travel upwards"? Really? It won't go in all other direction? :doh:

Ha ha ha! What makes you think I haven't experience pool view unit? Again another sweeping statement to discredit others? I can tell you from experience that higher floor pool view units (>10th floor <20th floor) and with unblocked view (not those facing your own estate's neighbouring blocks right in front) is the best!

I just said noise travel upward. I didn't say it become noiser as you go higher.

Please try to stay in a "real" pool view unit, then comment. It is so obvious you don't have that experience.

DC33_2008
16-11-10, 08:19
Depends on the type of noise source. Can be a line or point source. It radiates in a cylindrical form if it is a line source and spherically if it is a point source. It also depends on the frequency of the sound.

rattydrama
16-11-10, 08:51
Depends on the type of noise source. Can be a line or point source. It radiates in a cylindrical form if it is a line source and spherically if it is a point source. It also depends on the frequency of the sound.

if noise is from MRT tracks say on 15 floor from point source around 300m distance lateral unblock, will it be noiser as compared to cylindrical line source? Wats the dBA?

Condo Collector
16-11-10, 09:26
So you are trying to say: "noise (only) travel upwards"? Really? It won't go in all other direction? :doh:

Ha ha ha! What makes you think I haven't experience pool view unit? Again another sweeping statement to discredit others? I can tell you from experience that higher floor pool view units (>10th floor <20th floor) and with unblocked view (not those facing your own estate's neighbouring blocks right in front) is the best!

From your comment on pool view unit! If you ever has chance please compare your 10+ floor pool view with pool view at lower floor (3rd-5th flrs).

DC33_2008
16-11-10, 09:36
Not sure about the dBA. Line source should be perceived as louder than a point source if the frequency being the same.
if noise is from MRT tracks say on 15 floor from point source around 300m distance lateral unblock, will it be noiser as compared to cylindrical line source? Wats the dBA?

rattydrama
16-11-10, 10:47
Not sure about the dBA. Line source should be perceived as louder than a point source if the frequency being the same.

tats what i feel/think/perceive also but never test it out yet. next time go house viewing, bring noise meter, velocity meter and my Leica Disto Distance Meter ...hahah...

hopeful
16-11-10, 11:47
tats what i feel/think/perceive also but never test it out yet. next time go house viewing, bring noise meter, velocity meter and my Leica Disto Distance Meter ...hahah...

The loudest noise of all is the clink clink of gold coins through your fingers :D.
that is the most welcome noise.

teddybear
16-11-10, 11:55
What is the point of so-called pool view but blocked immediately after the pool? I rather take unblocked view to pool view (if I can only choose 1). With 3-5th floors, no chance to have unblocked view. Most likely after several years, the pool view also gone, become "greenery" view (agents' speak for tree view). hahaha!
Even if not blocked, 3-5th floors units will suffer from the noise from the pool, downstairs, dusts, mosquitoes, fumigation every week (affects the low floor up to 8th floor units most!), insects etc. :doh: In such highly built-up area like Singapore, better stay high floors. Usually, if people like pool view + easy pool access or big patio for garden in condo estate, they take ground floor. Never heard from people with actual living experience that 3-5th floors are the best (except from agents trying to sell these lousy units)!

From your comment on pool view unit! If you ever has chance please compare your 10+ floor pool view with pool view at lower floor (3rd-5th flrs).

Condo Collector
16-11-10, 13:02
What is the point of so-called pool view but blocked immediately after the pool? I rather take unblocked view to pool view (if I can only choose 1). With 3-5th floors, no chance to have unblocked view. Most likely after several years, the pool view also gone, become "greenery" view (agents' speak for tree view). hahaha!
Even if not blocked, 3-5th floors units will suffer from the noise from the pool, downstairs, dusts, mosquitoes, fumigation every week (affects the low floor up to 8th floor units most!), insects etc. :doh: In such highly built-up area like Singapore, better stay high floors. Usually, if people like pool view + easy pool access or big patio for garden in condo estate, they take ground floor. Never heard from people with actual living experience that 3-5th floors are the best (except from agents trying to sell these lousy units)!
We are talking about pool view. 3-5th floors are the best level for pool view. Especially at 3rd floor, you can have a full pool view by seating comfortably at your sofa.

Tell me what kind of view you have if you are at level 10 and above? You need to stretch your head up and look down.

Now I start to doubt that you even don't have experience staying in condo... Do you know you need to pay maintenance fee to stay in condo? FYI, part of those maintenance fee are used in pest control + gardening. :banghead:

vip
16-11-10, 14:12
Just my two-cent worth from personal experiences buying condo units:

1) Pool view, with blocks opposite and on both sides
- ventilation problem, air very stuffy (except condo with huge site)

2) Low floor pool view
- distance from pool must be far enough to enjoy privacy and tranquility

3) High floor pool view
- no pool view on eye level but noise travels all the way up

4) Facing of pool
- face lap pool, not children's pool
- face middle/end, not beginning of lap pool

5) Seaview
- keep a safe distance in case of bad weather
- must be north-south facing
- cannot face highway

Bought a mid-floor south-facing unit with pool view and full seaview. It's so windy that must watch out for door slamming or paper flying. Knobs or tabs made of metal turn rusty easily.

Condo Collector
16-11-10, 14:21
Just my two-cent worth from personal experiences buying condo units:

1) Pool view, with blocks opposite and on both sides
- ventilation problem, air very stuffy (except condo with huge site)

2) Low floor pool view
- distance from pool must be far enough to enjoy privacy and tranquility

3) High floor pool view
- no pool view on eye level but noise travels all the way up

4) Facing of pool
- face lap pool, not children's pool
- face middle/end, not beginning of lap pool

5) Seaview
- keep a safe distance in case of bad weather
- must be north-south facing
- cannot face highway

Bought a mid-floor south-facing unit with pool view and full seaview. It's so windy that must watch out for door slamming or paper flying. Knobs or tabs made of metal turn rusty easily.

Nice. For me, I only base on two principals:
- "Stone throw" from MRT
- Pool facing and less than 28m from pool level

mantrix
16-11-10, 18:16
So called 'unblocked' view will sooner or later be blocked by new developments, unless it's a reserved park view or sea view.

Pool view is always there at least.

Go for ground units with elevation so more privacy and yet easy access to pool - in morning you feel as if the pool belongs to you since no one there

teddybear
16-11-10, 19:31
So on 3-5th floor you don't need to look down? May be not because you see the top of trees anyway - greenery view for you? :p

Yes, maintenance fee for pest control and also provide free pest control for those from ground floor to 8th floors since these units will need such pest control service anyway (this is a luxury but free service that higher floor units don't get (but don't need anyway) :tongue3:). Maintenance fees to help you to prune the height of trees so that you can maintain your pool view at 3-5th floors? :doh:

We are talking about pool view. 3-5th floors are the best level for pool view. Especially at 3rd floor, you can have a full pool view by seating comfortably at your sofa.

Tell me what kind of view you have if you are at level 10 and above? You need to stretch your head up and look down.

Now I start to doubt that you even don't have experience staying in condo... Do you know you need to pay maintenance fee to stay in condo? FYI, part of those maintenance fee are used in pest control + gardening. :banghead:

Condo Collector
16-11-10, 19:49
So on 3-5th floor you don't need to look down? May be not because you see the top of trees anyway - greenery view for you? :p

Yes, maintenance fee for pest control and also provide free pest control for those from ground floor to 8th floors since these units will need such pest control service anyway (this is a luxury but free service that higher floor units don't get (but don't need anyway) :tongue3:). Maintenance fees to help you to prune the height of trees so that you can maintain your pool view at 3-5th floors? :doh:

Really a dump ass! I give up.

kingkong1984
16-11-10, 19:55
Condo collector gave up on the dumb ass. Teddybear needs to find another bear. Please bear with the poo view.

teddybear
16-11-10, 22:27
You the dumber dumper ass? :tongue3:

Really a dump ass! I give up.

Lord Anus
16-11-10, 23:06
You the dumber dumper ass? :tongue3:

yes sir biggest big boss teddybear!:D

Laguna
17-11-10, 08:35
very interesting topic.
I stay in a very spacious condo in the east, second floor, my unit is surrounded by impressive pools, and nice trees. With huge balcony and cooling.
I was concerned by the privacy issue and it is no longer a problem as the condo is just simply very big and pool usage is very very low.

I visited many units here, high floor, pool view, sea view.
High floor with pool view, what u look out is other blocks of building, very much hotter as no trees, look down, balconies of all others, very untidy.
High floor with sea view, noisy, and with the ECP, the noise can be heard, even it is about 500m away.

I always buy new properties with nice patio, but non-pool view, other than the fact that it is very much cheaper, but most important, it is the easier to rent out to the expat and better rental yield due to lower cost.

isaaclim
17-11-10, 09:21
Ya indeed very interesting...

I can't stop laughing especially after I read the posting stated that you need to look down from level 3 for pool view... This guy should be a dwarf. :)

DC33_2008
17-11-10, 09:27
Do you have problem with rubbish thrown from the topic. Recently there is a condo unit near bukit timah area has soiled material landed on their patio.
very interesting topic.
I stay in a very spacious condo in the east, second floor, my unit is surrounded by impressive pools, and nice trees. With huge balcony and cooling.
I was concerned by the privacy issue and it is no longer a problem as the condo is just simply very big and pool usage is very very low.

High floor with pool view, what u look out is other blocks of building, very much hotter as no trees, look down, balconies of all others, very untidy.
High floor with sea view, noisy, and with the ECP, the noise can be heard, even it is about 500m away.

I always buy new properties with nice patio, but non-pool view, other than the fact that it is very much cheaper, but most important, it is the easier to rent out to the expat and better rental yield due to lower cost.

Laguna
17-11-10, 09:45
Ya indeed very interesting...

I can't stop laughing especially after I read the posting stated that you need to look down from level 3 for pool view... This guy should be a dwarf. :)

I never like to discuss with someone who has problem in understanding

francophile
17-11-10, 09:50
very interesting topic.

Interesting perspective.will mention it to friends who are house hunting in the east...

Laguna
17-11-10, 09:51
Do you have problem with rubbish thrown from the topic. Recently there is a condo unit near bukit timah area has soiled material landed on their patio.

yes, this is the risk especially for high rise
so I pick those projects with plot ratio of 1.4, four units in height and more exclusive development

teddybear
17-11-10, 10:27
Don't understand some of your statements, especially "High floor with pool view, what u look out is other blocks of building, very much hotter as no trees, look down, balconies of all others, very untidy." How can high floor be hotter just because no trees? Shouldn't it be because got trees block the wind so hotter? :doh:

How can high floor look out is other blocks of building? Usually very high floor building has only 1 single block in the estate, so no problem with what you mentioned. What you mentioned, if really based your experience, is only true for those condo estate with plot ratio of 1.6 and below and developers used up most of the land to build the units, thus many blocks in the condo estate needs to be very close to each other and neighbours in different blocks can borrow salts, sugar etc by throwing across the windows! :banghead: If so, low floor won't it be worse as look up cannot even see the sky clearly ("literally" - imagine if you stay on 2nd floor with a 10-storey block in front, if you look out in front from you window you probably only see the 9 and 10th floor units?) :scared-3: If you don't want to see balconies of others, you should buy ground floor. 2nd floor also see patio of ground floor and can be untidy.

New properties lower cost? The fact is new properties have always been priced at least 25% or more to resale properties nearby, so how can be lower cost and better yield? :doh: If non-pool view still easy to rent out to expat means pool view unit has no additional investment value while paying more for it!

very interesting topic.

teddybear
17-11-10, 10:31
Shouldn't this be risks for all condos and apts unless you live in the top floor penthouse? How can it be projects with plot ratio 1.4 and 4 storeys high means no problem? I never know that you definition of exclusive is very different - tied to plot ratio and height? How about plot ratio 1.4, height 5 storeys but 500 units? That is exclusive? :p

yes, this is the risk especially for high rise
so I pick those projects with plot ratio of 1.4, four units in height and more exclusive development

teddybear
17-11-10, 10:34
Stop this brown-tonguing and being so 3-legged! I am not your boss! Your boss must be very suai to have such subordinates like you! What other service you provide to him other than anuls? :p:D

yes sir biggest big boss teddybear!:D

amk
17-11-10, 18:27
very interesting topic.
I was concerned by the privacy issue and it is no longer a problem as the condo is just simply very big and pool usage is very very

"Laguna" Park ? ;)

Personally I dun like low floor pool units. No privacy, too much noise from kids. I like my weekend to be peaceful. more over, there is nothing big deal on pool view. Btw in some single loading projects, all units have pool view.

TS
17-11-10, 22:22
Different people will have different strokes. Some like high floor and some low floors.

However, getting pool view for > 8 floors has little use. Better be for unblock view.

Also, it is true that for 3rd floor and below, you can see the pool when sitting on sofa. I could in my 3rd floor Waterplace unit last time.

kane
18-11-10, 16:03
Different people will have different strokes. Some like high floor and some low floors.

However, getting pool view for > 8 floors has little use. Better be for unblock view.

Also, it is true that for 3rd floor and below, you can see the pool when sitting on sofa. I could in my 3rd floor Waterplace unit last time.

like to get your thoughts whether there was too little privacy if someone from the pool can look straight into your entire living room. I don't mind poolview from the balcony but from the sofa, hmmm.

isaaclim
18-11-10, 17:12
like to get your thoughts whether there was too little privacy if someone from the pool can look straight into your entire living room. I don't mind poolview from the balcony but from the sofa, hmmm.

During daytime, they cannot see thru your sliding door or windows.

At night, all units will have the same problem. Unless your unit is not facing any other blocks.

Regulators
18-11-10, 17:30
who says so. blocks 297 and 298 of in bukit batok just beside bukit batok swimming complex coz direct pool view some more. across the road at block 209 also get direct pool view. block 74 of bedok north road also can see the pool view of the condo in front. sometimes hdb has better pool view than what the actual condo resident have.

kingkong1984
18-11-10, 17:33
who says so. blocks 297 and 298 of in bukit batok just beside bukit batok swimming complex coz direct pool view some more. across the road at block 209 also get direct pool view. block 74 of bedok north road also can see the pool view of the condo in front. sometimes hdb has better pool view than what the actual condo resident have.

Many other examples elsewhere too. Best are HDB's with good seaviews.

teddybear
18-11-10, 19:31
Why? I believe your pool view is from the high look down one (otherwise the public pool's building and trees already block the view from 2nd-5th floor)? I also believe these are better because you not only get unblocked view (in addition to pool view) but some here doesn't agree as they believe their low floor pool view is the best to the extend of slandering others (may be because their estate only can build up to 5-10 floors or they can only buy cheap low floors and have no (unblocked) view except the pool?). Never mind, to each his own. Nowaday, developers can build condos with all blocks facing pool (and you can see eye to eye with your neighbours clearly in sight). So what so big deal about facing pool?

isaaclim
18-11-10, 19:32

Wah liao... public poor view? Jerk! Give me i also don't want that HDB unit.

teddybear
18-11-10, 19:34
How can all units have same problem if your unit is perked at the 15th floor (for example) vs those on 3rd floor where whatever activity in the house is clearly in sight from the pool side? :doh:

During daytime, they cannot see thru your sliding door or windows.

At night, all units will have the same problem. Unless your unit is not facing any other blocks.

isaaclim
18-11-10, 19:44
How can all units have same problem if your unit is perked at the 15th floor (for example) vs those on 3rd floor where whatever activity in the house is clearly in sight from the pool side? :doh:

No wonder you are being called dumb ass!

teddybear
18-11-10, 20:10
Only big dumber dumb ass will say that dumb words like below when he has nothing better to say. Public pool view is different from condo pool view? Same pool view, what so different? :doh:

No wonder you are being called dumb ass!

Wah liao... public poor view? Jerk! Give me i also don't want that HDB unit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Condo Collector

Regulators
18-11-10, 20:22
reservoir and sea view more priceless than watching kids jumping around in a pool in front of you on the first floor. the best part is when you want to have some peace, you cannot tell the kids screaming and shouting at the pool in front of you to shut up coz pool area not meant to be quiet. pool view from a distance is better coz you get to enjoy the view of water and yet not have to tolerate 80 decibals of noise from noisy kids perpetually. what comparison is a ground floor unit facing a congested pool with noisy kids from a unit at costa del sol or bayshore park facing the beautiful sea.

isaaclim
18-11-10, 20:36
Only big dumber dumb ass will say that dumb words like below when he has nothing better to say. Public pool view is different from condo pool view? Same pool view, what so different? :doh:

Why are you being so negative about pool view? Don't be sour grape... Work harder and don't just talk rubbish in forum, you will make it one day.

TS
19-11-10, 05:54

It depends on individual's tolerance. Ang mo normally steady about such things. It does not bother me too. That having said, you can always look for those that suit you, like.... some distance from pool, less frequently walk path, patio that are raised higher than ground level, etc.

Don't quite like to have to walk to balcony to see pool. Some people like it though. Having a patio to sit and relax is a pleasure for me. It gives you the resort feel if know what I mean.

Note to even see pool from sofa for 3rd floor, your pool has to stretch some distance. Cannot be small pool.

I am not saying it is the best for everyone. It depends on yourself. Just sharing my thoughts.

teddybear
19-11-10, 07:29
I am negative about your opinion on so-called "pool view from 3rd floor" being the best and nothing else can beat it (like real! :doh:). People advertise their units for sale as "fantastic pool view" only when they have nothing else better to say about the unit, such as "unblocked seaview", "unblocked city view", "high floor", "windy", "no west sun", "exclusive with privacy" (surely not your lowly low floor units where got privacy and exclusive with all the kids making loud noise 2 levels below you?) etc etc! :banghead:
You are telling me to work harder and make it one day? People always say that only dogs have dogs eyes always see people low. Ha ha ha! :tongue3:

Why are you being so negative about pool view? Don't be sour grape... Work harder and don't just talk rubbish in forum, you will make it one day.

KC76
19-11-10, 08:26
Guys, dun quibble leh, I am starting to feel bad about starting this thread already...:doh:

teddybear
19-11-10, 08:39
Not that I wanted to quibble, but sometimes we just need to give these jerks some colours. I am Ok with people stating their opinions and they can agree with me but I will not tolerate people starting insults first on me (or others) using words such as "dumb ass", "you idiot", "jerks" when they are the real idiots making comments that shows their lack of common-sense or even existing of functional brain. :D

Guys, dun quibble leh, I am starting to feel bad about starting this thread already...:doh:

Condo Collector
19-11-10, 08:44

Please don't argue further with him. It is pointless.

He is just a big loser that can't accept fact. Many of us can tell that he don't deserve to stay at pool view. Don't talk about owning it.

What is the point for him to work harder? Even he work non-stop, he still can't effort it. Not even dump facing unit. :D:D:D

teddybear
19-11-10, 08:59
It's Ok whatever you want to imagine others to be a losers and you are the big winners etc if this suits your self-ego (People like you are know to have the dogs eyes see people low mentality). In reality, facts hurts! I better don't dealt on this else you get more hurt and become a mad dog and start the mad and vicious verbal attack again! :tongue3: (Anyway, I don't really care as your verbal attack will not hurt me in anyway on my personal financial standing. I will only laugh in amusement about people like you). :tongue4:

He is just a big loser that can't accept fact. Many of us can tell that he don't deserve to stay at pool view. Don't talk about owning it.

What is the point for him to work harder? Even he work non-stop, he still can't effort it. Not even dump facing unit. :D:D:D

Condo Collector
19-11-10, 09:11
It's Ok whatever you want to imagine others to be a losers and you are the big winners etc if this suits your self-ego (People like you are know to have the dogs eyes see people low mentality). In reality, facts hurts! I better don't dealt on this else you get more hurt and become a mad dog and start the mad and vicious verbal attack again! :tongue3: (Anyway, I don't really care as your verbal attack will not hurt me in anyway on my personal financial standing. I will only laugh in amusement about people like you). :tongue4:

Behave like one then.

scsc
19-11-10, 09:40
Geez... good views if have is nice
everyone value things in their own way

The wow factor to the owner will last just a few days before it wears off..
The best is to wow your guests or potential buyers...

Some like it short, Some like it long..:D

tericia
19-11-10, 10:55

yeah guys relax. it's just personal preference. for me pool view at the first floor can see into my house, but i like the feel.

so it's not right or wrong for some to prefer privacy at higher floors.

just like staying in hdb or condo or negative or positive just preferences.

hyenergix
19-11-10, 15:31
I would like to imagine that for a ground floor with pool view, I can just change in my own toilet and walk straight to the pool. Then after soaking in the water I can go straight to my own toilet and bath.

DC33_2008
19-11-10, 15:33
Can go straight to the clubhouse to take a shower everyday. Save $. Heard this is happening in some condo. Very sad :doh: .
I would like to imagine that for a ground floor with pool view, I can just change in my own toilet and walk straight to the pool. Then after soaking in the water I can go straight to my own toilet and bath.

hyenergix
19-11-10, 15:38
I initially wanted to write can also wash clothes at the pool...

Eldenfirefly
19-11-10, 18:34
How about my case? I give actual example. Bought a unit at Clover by the Park. My unit faces the pool, and further away, it also faces Bishan park (partially blocked by the other Clover block though).

Now in comprison, which one better? The other block with unobstructed park view, but no pool view, or my block, which has partially obstructed park view, but in addition to that, has a pool view?

Both the park facing views will be facing away from the road, so its equal there. :)

kingkong1984
19-11-10, 19:00
How about my case? I give actual example. Bought a unit at Clover by the Park. My unit faces the pool, and further away, it also faces Bishan park (partially blocked by the other Clover block though).

Now in comprison, which one better? The other block with unobstructed park view, but no pool view, or my block, which has partially obstructed park view, but in addition to that, has a pool view?

Both the park facing views will be facing away from the road, so its equal there. :)
Subjective, but i would rate park view is much better than poolview. Poolview look down, park view look far. If u like to look down, ur choice, i look far

Eldenfirefly
19-11-10, 19:09
lol we are talking about Singapore here. You think Bishan Park very big meh? You can't exactly look "far" la. They are both park facing views. :)

DC33_2008
19-11-10, 21:11
Difficult to visualize. Should upload photos here to evaluate.

westman
20-11-10, 00:51
I ever heard this from an agent which I thought pretty good to share...

he say when viewing units, goes with the following rules for good view units

1) got hill, look hill (有山看山)
2) got sea, look sea (有海看海)
3) no hill, no sea, then see pool (没山没海,那就看水)
4) no nice views, then see city view (啥都没, 那就看市景)

The logics goes like this...
- If there is sea or hills near by, choose the high floor unit if possible applicable to 1, 2 and 4

-If there is no sea or hills, then choose low floor pool facing units

The agent further went on the share that the worst selection would be low floor for sea/hill facing or high floor pool facing... it's like throwing your money away for nothing....

To me, it make logical sense. Comments?:2cents:

kingkong1984
20-11-10, 02:04
very good post...

your friend have anything to say about MM?

zzz1
20-11-10, 06:51

While is true that certain facing of the unit command diff price , this is mainly due to preference and choices..

eg ppl prefer higher floors (better view, windy etc), that create demand and higher price,

Ppl prefer pool facing (chuo bu??), that create demand and higher price

Ppl avoid road facing, function facing (noise), that suppress demand and cause supply

Ppl avoid west sun (heat) facing, that suppress demand and cause supply.

End of the day...agent/seller trying to push the price with reasons while buyers use other reason to press the price....

shauntanzs
20-11-10, 07:16
4) no nice views, then see city view (啥都没, 那就看市

Wow, my unit dun have mountain and sea wor.. But definitely have pool n city view... I like the cool n shinny lights from the fanciful skyscrapers at night..

Komo
20-11-10, 07:27

But your stack may still hear traffic noice as still very close to the road. The garden facing one does not face any other block, including hdb. It's absolute serene garden facing. Hard to find such condo units. Believe market is more willing to pay a higher price. I was also contemplating a similar stack as yours then as the garden facing all gone.

westman
20-11-10, 07:37
4) no nice views, then see city view (啥都没, 那就看市

Wow, my unit dun have mountain and sea wor.. But definitely have pool n city view... I like the cool n shinny lights from the fanciful skyscrapers at night..

It's logical pool view goes low floor while the rest of the three views has to go high floor.

Just imagine you stay high floor with pool view facing, say level 8 ups, can you see the pool without getting very near to your window?

On the other hand, those who pay big money for a unit that is very high floor (say level 25 for example with Pool view will for certain wasting money as can we see anything from the pool with that hight?;)

Thus pool view and the rest of the three views (sea,hill,city) are mutually exclusive. Hence, you will get very nice pool view and not very fantastics sea/hill/city view) or very nice sea/hill/city view (if you can have one go for all three, then you are very lucky) but with poor pool views.;)

comments?:2cents:

hyenergix
20-11-10, 08:04
After looking at several condos around Novena and Orchard Road, I realise that high floor is a waste of money as you end up looking into your neighbours' houses. Unless it is very high floor penthouse...

Condo Collector
20-11-10, 08:38
It's logical pool view goes low floor while the rest of the three views has to go high floor.

Just imagine you stay high floor with pool view facing, say level 8 ups, can you see the pool without getting very near to your window?

On the other hand, those who pay big money for a unit that is very high floor (say level 25 for example with Pool view will for certain wasting money as can we see anything from the pool with that hight?;)

Thus pool view and the rest of the three views (sea,hill,city) are mutually exclusive. Hence, you will get very nice pool view and not very fantastics sea/hill/city view) or very nice sea/hill/city view (if you can have one go for all three, then you are very lucky) but with poor pool views.;)

comments?:2cents:

In Singapore context, there is no moutain view. Even if there is a mountain, sea view should also rank first :)

westman
20-11-10, 08:45
A friend of mine paid big money for #14 unit Lakeshore pool view unit.
However, the view that he get is very very pathetics.

Apparently, he only get to view neighour's units (which is about 30 meters away from his windows). In order to "enjoy" the so call "pool view", he has to stick his head and look down out of the windows.... Poor guy...pay big money and yet unable to enjoy the view....:o

Really salute those developers for being able to entice buyers to pay big premium for high floor units with "pool view"....:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

kingkong1984
20-11-10, 08:46
If best condo are a function of condo price, the most expansive LH or FH condo, landed are the answers. Seaview is a clear winner, sentosa is the proof. Some kids shit in pool and it is poo view liao.

westman
20-11-10, 08:47
In Singapore context, there is no moutain view. Even if there is a mountain, sea view should also rank first :)

In hillview area is possible.
have view a unit in Hillview Regency with very nice hill view.. did not buy though...

shauntanzs
20-11-10, 08:54
I stay 13th floor n the 50m pool is on 7th floor.. 2 storey houses in front so no blockage...

westman
20-11-10, 09:48
I stay 13th floor n the 50m pool is on 7th floor.. 2 storey houses in front so no blockage...

13 -7 = 6 floor.

Good pool view unit. Thumb of rule, the same agent suggest that level 6 would be the max if you are going after pool view unit. Any unit above that would require you to stick out your head "like turtle" to "view" pool...:D :D :D

TS
20-11-10, 10:16

Sure or not? Sea view better than hill or greenery imho.

In Sgp mostly only ulu places got hills. Cannot go high enough to see the sea than you get to see trees.

Also note these 2 types of view may disappear over time.

shauntanzs
20-11-10, 10:51

In Sgp mostly only ulu places got hills. Cannot go high enough to see the sea than you get to see trees.

HK lor.. Many seaview plus mountain...

shauntanzs
20-11-10, 10:53
13 -7 = 6 floor.

Good pool view unit. Thumb of rule, the same agent suggest that level 6 would be the max if you are going after pool view unit. Any unit above that would require you to stick out your head "like turtle" to "view" pool...:D :D :D

Thanks westman.. I actually wanted 12th floor but someone took it while I am waiting for bank approval :(

Even the 8th floor units will have unblock view becos of the low shophouse infront... But was concern with the noise..

westman
20-11-10, 11:03
very good post...

your friend have anything to say about MM?

never ask about MM as not into that yet. will ask him when I meet him next time... ;)

westman
20-11-10, 11:11

The agent (actually a friend of mine who has many years of experience) merely share his view on floor level vs unit view facing)

有山看山, 有海看海 (It's does matter which one come first, if both have better)
没山没海, 看水池 (If can not see hill or sea, then go for pool)
啥么都没, 那就看市 (If everything else don have, go for city view)

In essence, the opinion is not about choice of view (as personal preferences can be different between owners) but which floor level should you go after should be dependence on your choice of view...

patricia
20-11-10, 12:09

comments?:2cents:Not true that pool view and rest of the three views sea,hill,city) are mutually exclusive. My relative lives in Orchid park has pool view and reservoir(sea?) view at the same time.

teddybear
20-11-10, 12:45
City view worse than pool view? :confused:
High floor where got waste money? More windy, less pollution, less noise, no mosquitoes and insects, no bird shits, if unblock even better. :D

- If there is sea or hills near by, choose the high floor unit if possible applicable to 1, 2 and 4

The agent further went on the share that the worst selection would be low floor for sea/hill facing or high floor pool facing... it's like throwing your money away for nothing....

westman
20-11-10, 12:57
City view worse than pool view? :confused:
High floor where got waste money? More windy, less pollution, less noise, no mosquitoes and insects, no bird shits, if unblock even better. :D

Well preferences can be different and that why developers can sell.:)

westman
20-11-10, 12:59
The agent (actually a friend of mine who has many years of experience) merely share his view on floor level vs unit view facing)

有山看山, 有海看海 (It's does matter which one come first, if both have better)
没山没海, 看水池 (If can not see hill or sea, then go for pool)
啥么都没, 那就看市 (If everything else don have, go for city view)

In essence, the opinion is not about choice of view (as personal preferences can be different between owners) but which floor level should you go after should be dependence on your choice of view...

For some who could have missed my earlier posts and there is no right or wrong selection.:2cents: :)

melodies
20-11-10, 14:40
Judging from the wrong conclusion you have drawn, it is obvious that you have only seen limited number of condos and probably the lousy ones with no view around Novena and Orchard. There are several condos around Novena and Orchard where certain stacks have very good views of either the city skyline, Orchard view, view over landed estate etc. You just happened not to have chance to see them to know about this. But obviously, those with such views must be at least 15th floor and above.

After looking at several condos around Novena and Orchard Road, I realise that high floor is a waste of money as you end up looking into your neighbours' houses. Unless it is very high floor penthouse...

beary249
19-12-10, 23:44
discussions on low-floor pool view seem to have excluded 2nd level... is 2nd level pool-facing really noisy? :scared-5:

DaytonaSS
20-12-10, 00:55

Err, maybe can look from fengshui point of view.

Back against mountain , front facing water is the best. Best fengshui. However if not backing available, the next alternative is-lower floor nearer to water. Being near to water suggest better feng shui. If cannot get then chose high floor.

Y? cos high floor u will be away from any negative fung shui elements from the ground. Higher unblocked floor also meant that good air circulation and improve qi flow in the house.

There are some examples of negative fungshui. Though i m not expertise n this area, i see some co-relationship in some of the selling price of condo. Eg, The Equtorial at Stevens road beside a flyover. Read in a fungshui book, best to avoid flyovers. i think simple reason is noise + exhaust + bad airculation. True enough, that area only selling $1600+ psf (FH) and rental yield is not too good.

Pls dont be offended if you own a unit there..... just a observation i made. :scared-2:

hyenergix
20-12-10, 06:02
Judging from the wrong conclusion you have drawn, it is obvious that you have only seen limited number of condos and probably the lousy ones with no view around Novena and Orchard. There are several condos around Novena and Orchard where certain stacks have very good views of either the city skyline, Orchard view, view over landed estate etc. You just happened not to have chance to see them to know about this. But obviously, those with such views must be at least 15th floor and above.

My gripe is the buyer has to pay so much for 20th floor and above to get a proper view. By the way I'm not those so keen on views in city area because after a few years they will be blocked by some other new and higher condos. This clustering of tall condos makes the area stuffy.