PDA

View Full Version : Cliveden at Grange (D10, Freehold, CDL)

mr funny
04-04-07, 04:32
http://img106.imageshack.us/img106/5866/bt59744960304200720696cyg1.jpg
Flat with a great view: CDL's development on the former Kim Lin Mansion site, designed by architect Carlos Ott, will have 360 degree views

Unregistered
19-05-07, 10:47
heard clivedon going for $3300psf & also one foreign fund buying 1 whole block- true or not? that is orchard rd price!!! it will make st regis n eclat look cheap!

beavis
19-05-07, 18:00
heard clivedon going for $3300psf & also one foreign fund buying 1 whole block- true or not? that is orchard rd price!!! it will make st regis n eclat look cheap!

How do you know someone is going to buy 1 block? When will this be launched?

Unregistered
20-05-07, 16:35
i work in the financial line n heard so. there was a fund which wanted to buy CDL's one shenton as well but kwek didnt want to sell. there are many foreign funds who are very bullish singapore commercial n residential properties and looking to buy properties by the blocks. one top ranking global real estate fund mgr says orchard will hit $7000psf.he is bullish because of the supply shortage. he didnt say how long tho.

Unregistered
03-06-07, 11:54
Cliveden is soft launched and open for private preview already. Anyone know how much this is going for? Or better still, anyone visited the showflat already? How is the devt?

evelyn owner
03-06-07, 17:06
i saw the showflat today. nice big site, nice landscape but i dont like the round plan- creates a lot of dead space. most rooms hv a balcony, some of which are wasted space. its master bedroom is quite tight too. eclat looks much bigger.

prices start at 3200psf. deferred payment is 6.5% higher. sizes are 2100+sq ft and 2800+sq ft. so cheapest unit is $7.5m for deferred.

Unregistered
03-06-07, 18:36
i saw the showflat today. nice big site, nice landscape but i dont like the round plan- creates a lot of dead space. most rooms hv a balcony, some of which are wasted space. its master bedroom is quite tight too. eclat looks much bigger.

prices start at 3200psf. deferred payment is 6.5% higher. sizes are 2100+sq ft and 2800+sq ft. so cheapest unit is $7.5m for deferred.

Wah so fast to see the showflat. Sell your evelyn and buy eclat ASAP.
How is the facility?? Is the pool big and luxurious???

Unregistered
03-06-07, 19:01

I agree with you. Parkview Eclat looks a lot more classic and will withstand the test of time. A true jewel to behold, and to keep. The super rich are collectors of exquisite things. They do not need whatever little profit (to them) that can be made by flipping properties.

Cliveden is just simply too modern and trendy. It will look passe in about 5 years time. If I am super rich, I don't think I will buy Cliveden to keep. I'll probably just use it for a while and then sell.

Conclusion: One is a collector's item. The other is simply a big luxurious place no different from the hundreds of other luxury condos around the world.

Unregistered
03-06-07, 19:05
Eclat can rival the beauty and class of some of the world's most luxurious and oldest co-opt apartment buildings on Park Avenue in NY. You may not even be able to buy it even if you have the money because your purchase will be subjected to the veto of other owners.

Cliveden looks like a noveau riche monstrosity that can be easily bought by any Tom Dick and Harry with loads of cash.

Seems clear to me which is the more desirable.

evelyn owner
03-06-07, 19:57
on the contrary i dont like eclat (also saw today to compare- not that i can afford :) cos the footprint is small. i already think evelyn footprint is small with not enuf facilities. singapore's benchmark properties hv huge footprint- think ardmore park n four seasons park. cliveden's footprint is large n the pool n landscape is large. but the size of rooms are not to scale with its price- a CEO buying it certainly wld find its master bedroom tiny. Mrs CEO wld hv no place to store her 200 manolos. i really wonder if carlos ott is a world renown architect for his planning of space haha.

oh #13 floor of eclat is going for $14+M!!! 3200 sq ft, at that price one can buy 1 ardmore park(2880sqft) and 1 four seasons park (2200sqft)- so think abt the relative value of eclat.

having said that i think eclat and surroundings will hit $7Kpsf by 2010. heard SC global going to launch MarQ at 4200-5000psf!

Unregistered
03-06-07, 20:52
Parkview eclat is a work of art. Not many condo will provide such classy design. I believe this is the only condo that offer art design in Singapore.

Yes, 2 different condos with two different concepts. One is Art deco and the other is futuristic.

Personally, I like Parkview eclat because I appreciate art. Dont forget, all interior fittings are first class and the private pool also make eclat a +.
Even Marq offer a futuritic design same as cliveden.

beavis
03-06-07, 21:04
on the contrary i dont like eclat (also saw today to compare- not that i can afford :) cos the footprint is small. i already think evelyn footprint is small with not enuf facilities. singapore's benchmark properties hv huge footprint- think ardmore park n four seasons park. cliveden's footprint is large n the pool n landscape is large. but the size of rooms are not to scale with its price- a CEO buying it certainly wld find its master bedroom tiny. Mrs CEO wld hv no place to store her 200 manolos. i really wonder if carlos ott is a world renown architect for his planning of space haha.

oh #13 floor of eclat is going for $14+M!!! 3200 sq ft, at that price one can buy 1 ardmore park(2880sqft) and 1 four seasons park (2200sqft)- so think abt the relative value of eclat.

having said that i think eclat and surroundings will hit $7Kpsf by 2010. heard SC global going to launch MarQ at 4200-5000psf!

:scared-4: $7000 psf!!!:scared-5:
That means :
2007 - $4000psf
2008 - $5000psf
2009 - $6000psf
2010 - $7000psf.

That means every year there will be a $1000 psf price increase considering record for 2007 is around $4000.
But I think this year 2007, $5000 psf record is achievable.:D St regis already has a $4600 psf sale according to URA.
Remember, scotts square has not launch yet. Cant imagine how much they will be selling.

If $7000 did happen in 2010, your evelyn will worth more than $4000 by then;)

Is there any web site for Cilveden. I want to see the interior.

evelyn owner
03-06-07, 21:24
frankly i dont think much of eclat's exterior altho i admit they hv a fantastic showflat.however they re gonna deliver an empty interior anyway. you still need to get hirsch bedner to design your interior in the neo-classical "hotel" style.

oh if i think prices will reach 7000psf i wont hang on to my evelyn. i'll rollover the profit into a bigger unit ;)) qn is which devt to buy? i m thinking of duchess residencesm as i can no longer afford orchard/grange/cairnhill!

hmm do u think in future, buyers will buy smaller units again as bigger ones become unaffordable?

Unregistered
03-06-07, 21:35
frankly i dont think much of eclat's exterior altho i admit they hv a fantastic showflat.however they re gonna deliver an empty interior anyway. you still need to get hirsch bedner to design your interior in the neo-classical "hotel" style.

oh if i think prices will reach 7000psf i wont hang on to my evelyn. i'll rollover the profit into a bigger unit ;)) qn is which devt to buy? i m thinking of duchess residencesm as i can no longer afford orchard/grange/cairnhill!

hmm do u think in future, buyers will buy smaller units again as bigger ones become unaffordable?
what's the size you are looking for? imho, i think one day the small units will be back in fashion again... that should occur when economy is down and everyone needs to downsize. till then, it's big, big and big, all the way.

evelyn owner
03-06-07, 22:06
i m looking at 2500sqft and above so that prices me out of the super prime. and i also like big footprint (at least 100,000 sqft) but not the high density type.am i fussy haha.

actually my dream condo wld be something like ladyhill or nassim park. big units n spacious grounds.

Unregistered
03-06-07, 22:54
i m looking at 2500sqft and above so that prices me out of the super prime. and i also like big footprint (at least 100,000 sqft) but not the high density type.am i fussy haha.

actually my dream condo wld be something like ladyhill or nassim park. big units n spacious grounds.

Since the prime area prices are becoming more unaffordable, I will look at D21 or D3 which is cheaper yet close to Orchard and I will buy the penthouse unit because penthouse in that area will have the same price as the 1500-2000 sq feet in the orchard area.

opportunity gone..
04-06-07, 18:23
Since the prime area prices are becoming more unaffordable, I will look at D21 or D3 which is cheaper yet close to Orchard and I will buy the penthouse unit because penthouse in that area will have the same price as the 1500-2000 sq feet in the orchard area.

Earlier this year I had the opportunity to buy the penthouse (3000 over sq ft) of Southaven II (999 yrs) for only $1.1m negotiable! I didn't! :(

Unregistered
04-06-07, 19:04
Earlier this year I had the opportunity to buy the penthouse (3000 over sq ft) of Southaven II (999 yrs) for only $1.1m negotiable! I didn't! :(

Wah so cheap. Too bad for you. $300 pst is so cheap.

Unregistered
04-06-07, 19:26
Wah so cheap. Too bad for you. $300 pst is so cheap.

Well, I didn't like the location. And it was D21. Never would I have thought that Gardenvista would be selling for $950 psf, Jardin selling for $1500 psf (?), and Cascadia also selling for $1400 psf! *shake head*

evelyn owner
04-06-07, 21:46
is cascadia launched?where is jardin?

Unregistered
05-06-07, 10:49
Right now most developers priced thier condos like crazy.
What is even more shocking is the Luma in River valley that start from $3000.
Sometimes wondering is there really somebody buying river valley area for 3000??

Also not sure where jardine is. Heard it is around bukit timah. It is dev by far east I think.
How about scotts twr by far east?? any news ?

Unregistered
05-06-07, 12:22
is cascadia launched?where is jardin?
next to gardenvista.

Unregistered
05-06-07, 13:00
next to gardenvista.

Is it true the future MRT will be built around that area. near the bukit timah plaza???

Unregistered
29-06-07, 16:12
Heard from an agent that the private sales for clivedendoing good and decided to increase the price by 20% because of the MarQ achievement.

They also said that they sell a project near Scotts highpark for $3000 average and sold out.

Do you guys know which project is it?
Is it around balmoral area???

They also mentioned that there will be a newproject near glen eagles hospital with a selling price of $4000 psf at least.

Unregistered
29-06-07, 16:59
Near Scotts High Park: Sounds like that condo with car lift by Hayden Properties.

Or maybe it is City Vista at Peck Hay Road.

New project near Gleneagles hospital: Eng Lok Mansions en bloc site.

mr funny
07-07-07, 04:13
Published July 7, 2007

CDL sells 38 Cliveden units at average price of $3,600 per square foot

By KALPANA RASHIWALA

CITY Developments Ltd (CDL) has sold 38 units at its Cliveden condo on the former Kim Lin Mansion site at Grange Road at an average price of $3,600 per square foot. About 90 per cent of buyers were foreigners. The highest price achieved was $4,162 psf for a four-bedroom apartment.

http://www.businesstimes.com.sg/mnt/media/image/launched/2007-07-07/BT_IMAGES_KRCDL7A.jpg
The Cliveden: The 24-storey freehold development will have three single towers and a twin tower. Forty-four units from two towers have been released for sale and CDL is considering releasing some units from another tower

CDL said yesterday that it has released 44 units from two towers in the freehold development. The condo comprises 110 units in all - comprising three-bedders (2,153 sq ft), four-bedroom apartments (2,842 sq ft) and penthouses ranging from 4,392 sq ft to 6,028 sq ft.

The project was showcased during road shows in Hong Kong and Indonesia over the past two weekends. 'CDL has also started to present this well-appointed freehold residence to specially invited guests in Singapore,' the listed developer said yesterday. CDL said that it is considering releasing some units from another tower for sale. The 24-storey project will have three single towers and a twin tower.

CDL bought the Kim Lin Mansion site in late 1999, during the last bout of en bloc sale fever, for $996 psf per plot ratio, including development charges. However, the ensuing property slump led CDL to hold off redeveloping the site until now.

Last year, the listed property group controlled by Singapore's Kwek family bought the Lucky Tower site diagonally opposite the Kim Lin plot for $1,134 psf ppr.

On the stock market, CDL ended 10 cents lower at $16.80 yesterday.

mr funny
08-07-07, 04:19
July 7, 2007

CDL's Cliveden at Grange sold for $3,600 psf on average

By Joyce Teo, Property Reporter

THE demand for luxury apartments shows no signs of letting up, with City Developments (CDL) selling out one-third of Cliveden at Grange during the project's recent soft launch.

Average prices were $3,600 per sq ft (psf), with the highest price done at $4,162 psf for a four-bedroom apartment.

SC Global announced last week that it had achieved an average price of $4,137 psf for the 21 units it sold at its project The Marq.

One unit set a price record when it was sold for $5,100 psf.

Cliveden at Grange sits on the former Kim Lin Mansion site on Grange Road and has 110 units on about 138,400 sq ft of freehold land.

Since CDL started preview sales about two weeks ago in Hong Kong, Indonesia and Singapore, it has sold 38 out of the 44 units released.

About 90 per cent of the buyers were foreigners, CDL said.

An Indonesian businesswoman who was passing through Singapore arrived in a cab to view the project. She picked up an $8 million property.

And a Taiwanese businessman dropped by to check out the project on his way to Changi Airport, and bought a $10 million unit.

Cliveden at Grange has only one apartment on each floor in the four 24-storey towers, one of which is a twin tower.

The apartments with large balconies and floor-to-ceiling windows offer panoramic views of the surrounding area.

They range in size from 2,153 sq ft to 2,842 sq ft. The penthouses are between 4,392 sq ft and 6,028 sq ft.

CDL said viewing is by appointment only.

The next CDL development up for launch will be the 223-unit project called The Quayside Isle on Sentosa Cove.

richardsng_era
01-08-08, 17:29
For Sale By Developer. Call now for more information.

Kwek Leng Beng says..
17-08-08, 01:03
If Mr Kwek is still so bullish about the health of the property market, why then does Thakral Land(a wholly owned unit of Hong Leong Asia/Mr Kwek Leng Beng) want to dispose of the all the balance 17 units of The Sovereign it owns?

Thakral Land has been keeping the 17 units of The Sovereign since TOP more than a decade ago. So why sell now?

There is redevelopment potential as the site’s current Masterplan plot ratio - ratio of maximum potential gross floor area to land area - is 2.8, which is higher than the 1.8 plot ratio tapped by the existing property. So why should Mr Kwek sell now?

Is Mr Kwek saying one thing and doing the contrary?

Unregistered1
26-10-08, 23:41
are you sure thakral land is wholly owned by kwek leng beng?

"If Mr Kwek is still so bullish about the health of the property market, why then does Thakral Land(a wholly owned unit of Hong Leong Asia/Mr Kwek Leng Beng) want to dispose of the all the balance 17 units of The Sovereign it owns?"