PDA

View Full Version : ROBINSON SUITES @ Robinson Road

home-run
26-10-10, 11:30
***MOST HIGHLY ANTICIPATED NEW LAUNCH IN 2010!!!***

Project : ROBINSON SUITES
Description : Robinson Suites is a rare new 42 storey FREEHOLD developement in CBD. It has a garden terrace on the 7th floor & a sky park on the 19th floor. The lobby floor is 8m high, with a similarly tall cascading waterfall feature.

Tenure : Freehold
Total no. of units : 167
Facilities : 2 main pools, indoor gym, outdoor fitness corner, spa room, Sky Park, Garden Terrace, BBQ, Sky Lounge, Outdoor Kitchen/Dining Area.

Unit Types :
~1 + Study (506sqft) : 32 units
~1 + Study (484sqft) : 32 units
~1 + Study (495sqft) : 32 units
~2br (603sqft) : 32 units
~2br (614sqft) : 32 units
~*2br Garden Suites (1001/1098sqft) : 2 units
~1 + Study Penthouse (1098/1087sqft) : 3 units
~2br Penthouse (1346/1410sqft) : 2 units

*2br Garden Suites has lofty ceiling height of 6m

Why Robinson Suites ?
~Most Desirable City Living with all units facing "Billion Dollar" view yet positioned BEST for WORK, LIVE & PLAY. City Living Lifestyle has never been any better.
~Rare FREEHOLD development right in the heart of CBD
~2 mins walk to future Cross Street MRT (Circleline)
~High Capital Appreciation Potential
~Attractive Rental Yield (Expats 1st Choice)
~Fully Equipped kitchen appliances (hob,hood,oven,fridge,washer-cum-dryer)
~Dual-use (SOHO concept) ie. Home Office/Residential
~Ultimate connectivity to Orchard/Marina Bay Sands & IR/Boat Quay, Clarke Quay & Robertson Quay.

PRE-BOOKING OF CHOICE FACING UNITS STARTS RIGHT NOW!!!
SECURE YOUR DREAM HOME TODAY!!!
BEST INVESTMENT IN TOWN !!!

DEVELOPER'S SOLE MARKETING AGENT : 81835132

Web link for Robinson Suites : http://www.lusholmz.com/228

For more exciting new launches,
please visit www.lusholmz.com :cheers6:

devilplate
26-10-10, 12:00
the layout super CMI!!!

longish....and den create a 'useless' study area for 1+study....balcony quite big(out of proportion) and the living width only the length of the queen sized bed!:scared-1:

roly8
26-10-10, 13:00
the layout super CMI!!!

longish....and den create a 'useless' study area for 1+study....balcony quite big(out of proportion) and the living width only the length of the queen sized bed!:scared-1:

LOL!!! sibei jialat

DC33_2008
26-10-10, 13:11
What will be the $psf?

Squall8888
26-10-10, 13:51
What kind of layout is that? Seriously, it is so not livable. Anyway, will be a sold out project in a few days. Psf easily 2.5 to 3k I feel. 3k x 484 sq ft only 1.45 million. 1.45 million for bay view, cheap.

gfoo
26-10-10, 14:08
What kind of layout is that? Seriously, it is so not livable. Anyway, will be a sold out project in a few days. Psf easily 2.5 to 3k I feel. 3k x 484 sq ft only 1.45 million. 1.45 million for bay view, cheap.

simi bay view? blocked by ORQ, One Shenton and Asia Square.

bargain hunter
26-10-10, 14:40
i guess they can only market as "The ONLY FH at raffles place". :doh: enough to sell out at 3k psf i guess since its below 500 sq ft (considered MM?).

simi bay view? blocked by ORQ, One Shenton and Asia Square.

devilplate
26-10-10, 15:43
i guess they can only market as "The ONLY FH at raffles place". :doh: enough to sell out at 3k psf i guess since its below 500 sq ft (considered MM?).
484sqft to me is quite livable if the layout is gd BUT this layout looks like 384sqft

sh
26-10-10, 19:36
Why do they bother with a study.... just increase the size of the living. 1 big room is better than 2 small useless rooms. Can't even walk pass the sofa and coffee table to back to the balcony.

Also very large a/c ledge.... large enough for a/c equipment to freeze tiny MM unit.

:doh:

sh
26-10-10, 19:37
Does each unit come with carpark, or have to pay season parking?

Wild Falcon
26-10-10, 20:50
Lifestyle mah. At least u can tell people you have a "study room". Anyway, such longish, what I term as "corridor" layout, is quite common nowadays - even for 2-3 bedders.

Why do they bother with a study.... just increase the size of the living. 1 big room is better than 2 small useless rooms. Can't even walk pass the sofa and coffee table to back to the balcony.

Also very large a/c ledge.... large enough for a/c equipment to freeze tiny MM unit.

:doh:

sh
26-10-10, 20:55
realistically, the study is the dining room.

The wall between bedroom and living has to go, so bedroom and living is combined.

At least that is more liveable.

So a so-called 1 bedroom + 1 study is really a studio apartment

:confused:

mcmlxxvi
26-10-10, 21:17
Wow ... Comvert the study to a single size bedroom and become 2 bedder wowowowow

sh
26-10-10, 21:24
might as well convert kitchen also... become 3 room boutique hotel....:)

mcmlxxvi
26-10-10, 21:39
Dont forget the bomb shelter also!!! Convert to nursery or maid (not too tall) room.

proud owner
26-10-10, 21:52

can smell the char kway teow , kway chup , bbq sting ray etc from Lau Pa Sat or not ?

longish layout = 2 lanes bowling alley design

sh
26-10-10, 21:57
don't forget the satay....

At least Lau Pa Sat will be there forever, so no one is going to block you.

bargain hunter
26-10-10, 22:46
should be able to. just across the street. the reason why the smaller units are not 2 bedrooms and not 1+study is because there cannot be any windows. only the 2 units on each side of the building can be 2 bedders. otherwise, design more or less the same. LOL. bad cross ventilation for all the 1+study. just have to on air con all day. most definitely not for cooking enthusiasts! :D

can smell the char kway teow , kway chup , bbq sting ray etc from Lau Pa Sat or not ?

longish layout = 2 lanes bowling alley design

august
26-10-10, 23:05
whos the developer? :confused:

devilplate
26-10-10, 23:05
should be able to. just across the street. the reason why the smaller units are not 2 bedrooms and not 1+study is because there cannot be any windows. only the 2 units on each side of the building can be 2 bedders. otherwise, design more or less the same. LOL. bad cross ventilation for all the 1+study. just have to on air con all day. most definitely not for cooking enthusiasts! :D

nowadays most 1bedders/studios dun have hf x ventilation and kitchen and even toilet do not have windows....

very rarely u come across corner 1bedder

proud owner
26-10-10, 23:51
don't forget the satay....

At least Lau Pa Sat will be there forever, so no one is going to block you.

LPS is almost 24hr ...

perhaps thats the reason why the unit can do with a tiny kitchen ...

proud owner
26-10-10, 23:53
nowadays most 1bedders/studios dun have hf x ventilation and kitchen and even toilet do not have windows....

very rarely u come across corner 1bedder

really ?

toilet no window ? got ventilator or not ?

smoker like me how ?

i pang sai must smoke leh

gfoo
27-10-10, 00:16
living right across from LPS ain't a good idea. from the corner of orq you can already smell the satay penkang fumes, much less right across the street.

devilplate
27-10-10, 00:16
really ?

toilet no window ? got ventilator or not ?

smoker like me how ?

i pang sai must smoke leh

developer must provide mechanized ventilator inside toilets tat doesnt come with windows...(i tink under BCA requirement)

devilplate
27-10-10, 00:18
living right across from LPS ain't a good idea. from the corner of orq you can already smell the satay penkang fumes, much less right across the street.

developer purposely squeeze all the units facing the front(LPS) to have unblocked view...ended up longish corridor layout...

get high flr lor...30+ flr cannot smell oredi rite?

gfoo
27-10-10, 01:15
developer purposely squeeze all the units facing the front(LPS) to have unblocked view...ended up longish corridor layout...

anybody working around that area can comment?

bargain hunter
27-10-10, 02:18
good question. who the heck is the developer?

whos the developer? :confused:

singaporepropertyrealtor
27-10-10, 04:36
ROBINSON SUITES @ Robinson Road

Robinson Suites, a rare new 42 storey freehold development in CBD. It has a Garden Terrace on 7th floor and a Sky park on

19th floor. The lobby floor is 8m high, with a similarly tall cascading waterfall feature.

Robinson Suites at Robinson Road

Name Of Project = Robinson Suites
Address = 50 Robinson Road068882
District = 02
Type of Property: Condominium / Apartment
Tenure = Freehold
Total Numbers Of Units = 148 2 Commercial
Estimated Completion Year = 2014

Robinson Suites Unit Types Size :

1 Study = 484 sq ft 44 sq m / 495 sq ft 46 sq m / 506 sq ft 47 sq m
2 bedrooms = 603 sq ft 56 square meter 614 sq ft 57 square meter
2 bedrooms Garden Suites = 969 sq ft 90 sq m 1001 sq ft 93 sq m
Penthouse =1087 sq ft 101 sq m 1346 sqft 125 sq m

- Most Desirable City Living with all units facing "Billion Dollar" view yet positioned BEST for WORK, LIVE & PLAY.
- City Living Lifestyle has never been any better.
- Rare FREEHOLD development right in the heart of CBD
- 2 mins walk to future Cross Street MRT Circleline
- High Capital Appreciation Potential
- Attractive Rental Yield Expats 1st Choice
- Fully Equipped kitchen appliances hob,hood,oven,fridge,washer-cum-dryer
- Dual-use SOHO concept ie. Home Office/Residential
- Ultimate connectivity to Orchard/Marina Bay Sands & IR/Boat Quay, Clarke Quay & Robertson Quay.

MRT Station Nearby Robinson Suites :

Raffles Place MRT
Cross Street MRT
Telok Ayer MRT

Buy, Sell, Rent, Invest, In Singapore

MINDY YONG

( +65 ) 91002985

[email protected]

DC33_2008
27-10-10, 10:06
This makes one of the nearby 999LH properties undervalue with recent caveat of 1450-1550psf.

devilplate
27-10-10, 10:27
This makes one of the nearby 999LH properties undervalue with recent caveat of 1450-1550psf.

haha...ur precious EG baby

DC33_2008
27-10-10, 12:02
Wow! You have really good memory.
haha...ur precious EG baby

Squall8888
27-10-10, 15:44
D1 or D2? I have doubts if you can't even get the district correct.

august
27-10-10, 18:39
developer is a joint venture between Yi Kai Group and Fission Group... the two are jointly developing the Alexis condo near Queenstown MRT station

haha! the mother of MM units :scared-5:

focus
27-10-10, 18:45
D1 or D2? I have doubts if you can't even get the district correct.
I've seen her before when viewing some landed properties.
She's very customer friendly and quite chio :)
But of course, just eye candy for me.. buying decisino still need to base on own judgement and research.

gfoo
27-10-10, 19:05
I've seen her before when viewing some landed properties.
She's very customer friendly and quite chio :)
But of course, just eye candy for me.. buying decisino still need to base on own judgement and research.

chio? mindy wanna manage my portfolio? ;)

Wild Falcon
27-10-10, 19:37
Looking at the size of the units, sure sellout one, no matter how bad is the layout. Buyers just look at absolute quantum and anything multiply by 480 sq ft will be a palatable number for the middle class investor. I just hope developers don't market this as luxury because how can a 484sqft shoe box be luxurious? If all our prime location property has to downsize so much, it just means the noveau rich investors r sorely missing in today's market.

august
27-10-10, 19:58
u think they will launch at $2k psf? that would be double their purchase price :spliff:

bargain hunter
27-10-10, 20:46
jia lat, everyone prefers our old friend home-run's Robinson Suites thread and slam poor mindy here. :D

bargain hunter
27-10-10, 20:47
09 June 09 The Business Times
by Kalpana Rashiwala
VTB Building said to have changed hands for $71 million (http://forums.condosingapore.com/) VTB Building, an ageing freehold office block on Robinson Road, is said to have been sold for $71 million or about $1,061 per square foot (psf) based on existing net lettable area (NLA).
The price is about 18 per cent higher than the offers of around $60 million that the property had drawn earlier, as reported by BT last month.
The buyer is understood to be a joint venture between Yi Kai Group and Fission Group. The two are jointly developing the Alexis condo near Queenstown MRT station which sold like hot cakes earlier this year.
The sale of VTB Building entails a relatively long completion period of six months, which is when seller VTB Capital, part of VTB group (formerly known as Moscow Narodny Bank), will deliver vacant possession on the property to the buyers. Yi Kai and Fission are said to have bought the 16-storey building with an eye on tearing it down and redeveloping it into a residential project, subject to approval from the authorities to rezone the site, which is currently designated for commercial use.
The long completion period for the transaction gives more options to the buyers. 'They could, among other things, potentially be looking at flipping the property,' a market watcher suggested.
Another possibility would be to retrofit the existing office block and optimising its NLA. That was an option that some of the contenders for the property, which are said to have included overseas players, looked at.
VTB Building is more than 30 years old and has a 9,052 sq ft land area and a gross floor area of just over 91,000 sq ft, which reflects a plot ratio of 10.05. Under Master Plan 2008, the site is zoned for commercial use with an 11.2 + plot ratio and 35-storey maximum height.
The property is close to the Cross Street MRT station, which is scheduled to open around 2012 under Downtown Line 1.
Assuming that Fission and Yi Kai redevelop VTB Building for residential use, their $71 million acquisition price translates to a land cost of about $700 psf per plot ratio (based on an 11.2 plot ratio and assuming no development charge is payable). The breakeven cost for a new residential project could be about $1,100-$1,200 psf.
VTB's existing NLA is said to be 66,888 sq ft and roughly half of this space is currently empty. The remaining occupants, including VTB, will move out by year end. The bank is said to be considering a few locations in the CBD to lease premises, tapping current low office rents.
DTZ is understood to have brokered the VTB Building deal.

This is the third office block to have changed hands over the past month, after Parakou Building and Anson House. Parakou Building, a fairly new freehold property at the Robinson Road/McCallum Street corner, was purchased for $81.38 million or $1,280 psf of NLA by a unit of Cathay Organisation. Anson House changed hands for around $85 million or slightly over $1,100 psf of NLA. It was completed 11 years ago and is on a site with a remaining lease of around 87 years.

bargain hunter
27-10-10, 20:49
where got so cheap? sure 3k one. FH leh.

u think they will launch at $2k psf? that would be double their purchase price :spliff:

sh
27-10-10, 21:34
developer is a joint venture between Yi Kai Group and Fission Group... the two are jointly developing the Alexis condo near Queenstown MRT station

haha! the mother of MM units :scared-5:

Mother of MM..... Walt Disney

mcmlxxvi
27-10-10, 21:44
LPS is almost 24hr ...

perhaps thats the reason why the unit can do with a tiny kitchen ...

I dunno what came over me but i suddenly read LPS as Lau Pi Sai

mcmlxxvi
27-10-10, 21:46

Sound travels upwards for sure... Not so sure about satay fumes... Maybe you hear the 'satay lai ya satay' calls first before you smell them.

Wild Falcon
27-10-10, 22:01
Looking at the size, even if at close to 3k psf, it's only 1.3 or 1.4 million? So upfront cash is only $260k? I'm sure a lot of middle class has $200k+ to "play". Just hope they don't get burnt one day when there is no demand for such small units when TOP. But I'm sure it's highly affordable for the middle class investor who wants to have a CBD unit as a trophy or to partake in the MM party.

sh
27-10-10, 22:07
Looking at the size, even if at close to 3k psf, it's only 1.3 or 1.4 million? So upfront cash is only $260k? I'm sure a lot of middle class has $200k+ to "play". Just hope they don't get burnt one day when there is no demand for such small units when TOP. But I'm sure it's highly affordable for the middle class investor who wants to have a CBD unit as a trophy or to partake in the MM party.

With interest rate at almost zero. Where else to put money:beats-me-man:

sigh....:(

proud owner
28-10-10, 00:48
With interest rate at almost zero. Where else to put money:beats-me-man:

sigh....:(

go for at least a 2 bedder , with at least 1200 sqft ...

i feel its much better than any MMs

in time to come, people will truly appreciate space .. comfort...

sh
28-10-10, 19:30
wah... 2 bedder with at least 1200sq ft... that is a rarity these days....

They have all gone enbloc....

On the verge of extinction....

Like it or not, it's the smaller units that give better rental return. I'm not taking about the extreme MM units (400sq ft with bay windows and planters), but the slightly larger ones, say 600sq ft.

sh
28-10-10, 20:49

Can anyone answer my earlier question above?

I guess the answer is no, otherwise they would have advertised it BIG BIG...

Wild Falcon
28-10-10, 20:58
I think most buy as an investment - tenants who rent such places are unlikely to drive. So not an important consideration.

Can anyone answer my earlier question above?

I guess the answer is no, otherwise they would have advertised it BIG BIG...

sh
28-10-10, 21:09
It's an important criteria for the decision to buy or not, especially for MM units.

The area of a carpark is 2.4m by 4.8m that's 120sqft. (not counting the driveway) That's 25% of an MM unit of 480sqft.

I need to know if the MM comes with a carpark for an informed decision....

Carpark can also make money you know....

proud owner
28-10-10, 21:29
It's an important criteria for the decision to buy or not, especially for MM units.

The area of a carpark is 2.4m by 4.8m that's 120sqft. (not counting the driveway) That's 25% of an MM unit of 480sqft.

I need to know if the MM comes with a carpark for an informed decision....

Carpark can also make money you know....

few years back govt alerady decided that we shouldnt waste space in CBD area on car park ..

so i doubt it will have a lot to each unit

the office buildings in CBD have fewer and fewer carpark too ..

sh
28-10-10, 21:35
Which is exactly why I asked. If it comes with carpark, perhaps 3k per sq ft isn't such a bad price.

Carpark in CBD is going to be more and more valuable.

devilplate
28-10-10, 22:03
Which is exactly why I asked. If it comes with carpark, perhaps 3k per sq ft isn't such a bad price.

Carpark in CBD is going to be more and more valuable.

i dun understand the rationale....

even if they provide 1to1 car lot....u dun own it wat...its considered as common ppty and u cannot rent it out leh?:confused:

not unless u buy those ppty tat comes with acessory lot attached to ur strate title deed...and even this case, i am not sure whether u can rent out ur car lot legally anot....some units at international plaza comes with accessory lot...any1 care to shed some light? can they rent out their car lot?

sh
28-10-10, 22:15
You are paying about 1.5mil for a unit. If your renting it out for 4% returns, it would be 5k a month. For someone who can afford 1.5mil for an apartment or 5k rental a month, he should be able to afford a car.

How much does it cost to have season parking in raffles place $300+ a month.

If given a development with or without carpark, which would you choose?

The next question is who owns the carpark, the developer or the MCST. If it's the MCST, at least the carpark money goes to the maintenance of the property. If the developer owns it, you're at his mercy for the parking rates if you drive.

There are developments within the CBD that comes with carparks, eg Emerald gardens, arris (yes, I know)....

The carpark is definitely a plus.

proud owner
28-10-10, 22:18
You are paying about 1.5mil for a unit. If your renting it out for 4% returns, it would be 5k a month. For someone who can afford 1.5mil for an apartment or 5k rental a month, he should be able to afford a car.

How much does it cost to have season parking in raffles place $300+ a month.

If given a development with or without carpark, which would you choose?

The next question is who owns the carpark, the developer or the MCST. If it's the MCST, at least the carpark money goes to the maintenance of the property. If the developer owns it, you're at his mercy for the parking rates if you drive.

There are developments within the CBD that comes with carparks, eg Emerald gardens, arris (yes, I know)....

The carpark is definitely a plus.

at 1.5 mio ... how big is the unit ?

how many rooms ?

sh
28-10-10, 22:23
1.5 mil is just a guessimate lah... 500sq ft at 3k a sq ft...

devilplate
28-10-10, 22:23
at 1.5 mio ... how big is the unit ?

how many rooms ?

1bedder nia...haha:p

proud owner
28-10-10, 22:27
1bedder nia...haha:p

can get 5k rent meh ?

devilplate
28-10-10, 22:30
can get 5k rent meh ?

with tat kind of CMI layout ...at most 3.5k-4k in today's market

5k more like for 2bedder

BUT its a FH status, so expect lower rental yield den 99LH Icon, lumiere etc

sh
28-10-10, 22:31
I doubt it too... which doesn't make it a good buy.....

bargain hunter
28-10-10, 22:33
MBR 710 SQ FT 1 BEDDER CAN! :D this one ah.................................

can get 5k rent meh ?

sh
28-10-10, 22:34
my basic criteria for shortlisting properties. 4% gross return for FH, 5% gross return for LH. That is my gauge for whether a property is overpriced.

devilplate
28-10-10, 22:37
my basic criteria for shortlisting properties. 4% gross return for FH, 5% gross return for LH. That is my gauge for whether a property is overpriced.

mass market condos can use tat...

high end luxury condos mostly 2-3% currently wor

devilplate
28-10-10, 22:40
MBR 710 SQ FT 1 BEDDER CAN! :D this one ah.................................

even MBR 1 bedder is struggling to achieve 5k pm

some tenants will not pay for the 'extra space' which they deem not necessary to have....and tat explains y some MMs achieve higher rental yield and $psf

sh
28-10-10, 22:42
1 bedroom prime location achievable. Prime large unit, No. Not even mass market units.

If it can't achieve that, then why buy. Buy something that will give u good returns. Helps with cash flow.

If prices goes up, all prices goes up, large or small. But with good returns, it can at least cover your bank loans. (at current low interest rates)

bargain hunter
28-10-10, 22:45
i know, but dun want to be too direct mah. later kenna slam. :ashamed1:

personally, i know of an expat who rented his for only 4k. lucky chap and he's enjoying it. :)

even MBR 1 bedder is struggling to achieve 5k pm

some tenants will not pay for the 'extra space' which they deem not necessary to have....and tat explains y some MMs achieve higher rental yield and $psf

devilplate
28-10-10, 22:45
1 bedroom prime location achievable. Prime large unit, No. Not even mass market units.

If it can't achieve that, then why buy. Buy something that will give u good returns. Helps with cash flow.

If prices goes up, all prices goes up, large or small. But with good returns, it can at least cover your bank loans. (at current low interest rates)

ppl like proud_owner detest MMs/1bedders...at least 2bedder (1200sqft) for him

sh
28-10-10, 22:47
MM may give good returns, but I just can't bring myself to consider one.:beats-me-man:

proud owner
28-10-10, 22:50
ppl like proud_owner detest MMs/1bedders...at least 2bedder (1200sqft) for him

thank you

if i want a 1 bedder ..

i will still buy a 2 bedder and knock down 1 room ... :tongue3:

i love to tango ..need the space to move freely

proud owner
28-10-10, 22:51

seriously

how many condo can achieve that ?

prices are way ahead of its yield ...

devilplate
28-10-10, 22:53
thank you

if i want a 1 bedder ..

i will still buy a 2 bedder and knock down 1 room ... :tongue3:

i love to tango ..need the space to move freely

new launches r out of range for u oredi...

just continue to aim ur landed segment....before landed also starts to shrink in sizes? lol

sh
28-10-10, 22:54
seriously

how many condo can achieve that ?

prices are way ahead of its yield ...

You have look harder, but it's out there.

proud owner
28-10-10, 22:57
new launches r out of range for u oredi...

just continue to aim ur landed segment....before landed also starts to shrink in sizes? lol

it has already started ... look at clustered housing ..

they are fake landed .. with tiny land ..built tall tall 5 storey to achieve 2500-3500 sqft ?

by the time you climb to roof top ....all the blood rushed to your feet ..you faint

sh
28-10-10, 23:00
it's usually the smaller 1 bedroom units (to keep quantum low and yet affordable rental wise), at the fringe of the city (not expensive enough kill the rental yield but convenient enough command good rentals) eg southbank

sh
28-10-10, 23:02
it has already started ... look at clustered housing ..

they are fake landed .. with tiny land ..built tall tall 5 storey to achieve 2500-3500 sqft ?

by the time you climb to roof top ....all the blood rushed to your feet ..you faint

you mean "cluttered" housing

devilplate
28-10-10, 23:06
it's usually the smaller 1 bedroom units (to keep quantum low and yet affordable rental wise), at the fringe of the city (not expensive enough kill the rental yield but convenient enough command good rentals) eg southbank

1bedder at southbank 4-4.5% now...dun tink can achieve 5%

proud owner
28-10-10, 23:08
you mean "cluttered" housing

hahaha good one

all MM units if not maintained well ...will eventually be cluttered too ...extreme cases will appear like Hoarding

there a very nice program on Discovery Health ... not sure if its showing in spore ... Buried Alive .... damn good ... yet freaks me

thats why NO MM for me ...

sh
28-10-10, 23:09
well, depends on when you bought, but even at 4.5%, it's not too bad.

Not going to give all my secrets away online anyway.

devilplate
28-10-10, 23:14
hahaha good one

all MM units if not maintained well ...will eventually be cluttered too ...extreme cases will appear like Hoarding

there a very nice program on Discovery Health ... not sure if its showing in spore ... Buried Alive .... damn good ... yet freaks me

thats why NO MM for me ...

who ask u to buy MM for self stay...lol

stay in big big hse but 'torture' ur tenants mah...haha

y buy big hses and rent out to tenants with low rental yield:p

sh
28-10-10, 23:15

I agree. There's a difference between what you buy to invest and what u buy to stay.

devilplate
28-10-10, 23:16
well, depends on when you bought, but even at 4.5%, it's not too bad.

Not going to give all my secrets away online anyway.

my relative's 3rm flat achieve 100% rental yield wor...bot less den 20k last time:p

sh
28-10-10, 23:18
aiyah... cannot buy leh....:(

proud owner
28-10-10, 23:19

true

but i also have a principle :

i wont buy if i wont want to stay in it myself

sh
28-10-10, 23:21
that accounts for the 1200sq ft, 2 bedroom unit:)

devilplate
28-10-10, 23:21
true

but i also have a principle :

i wont buy if i wont want to stay in it myself

yes, some ppl tink tat tenant will not stay bcoz they themselves wont stay in it....well, my tenant adapts pretty fast though...lol

DC33_2008
29-10-10, 08:59
Anyone knows if owners need to pay for carparking here?

bargain hunter
29-10-10, 09:27
King of MM, Oxley listed today. Below IPO price. LOL.

yes, some ppl tink tat tenant will not stay bcoz they themselves wont stay in it....well, my tenant adapts pretty fast though...lol

home-run
29-10-10, 09:28
the parking should operate the same as The Sail, Lumiere but i can check it out to confirm for you.
:cheers6:

wesing
29-10-10, 09:33
One of my lecturer (local Singaporean) at NUS rented a 1-bedder MM at Urban Loft (dunno the sq ft) at S$2,800 per month for 1 year.

devilplate
29-10-10, 09:55
King of MM, Oxley listed today. Below IPO price. LOL.

wats their IPO price? 35cts now..dropping ...lol

devilplate
29-10-10, 09:56
One of my lecturer (local Singaporean) at NUS rented a 1-bedder MM at Urban Loft (dunno the sq ft) at S$2,800 per month for 1 year.

wow...quite high...used to be around 2.4-2.5k in tat area

bargain hunter
29-10-10, 09:59
think its .38. IPO price = day high. LOL.

wats their IPO price? 35cts now..dropping ...lol

wesing
29-10-10, 10:27
wow...quite high...used to be around 2.4-2.5k in tat area

Need to shift out from his parent place (Hougang) asap, so he was desparate then I think. Could it also be that it is $2800 bcoz is just for one year lease so landlord up the price? He seems to love the place, may be bcoz he does not drive. So the close proximity of the MRT weigh favorably to him.

But then $2800 is really steep for a MM. One of my friend who sold his landed and rented a 3-bedder (1400 sq ft) at a condo along Tampines Road (cannot remember name but small project with no full condo facility) for also $2800.

So MM near MRT and town does fetch a premium. But just how many such tenants like my lecturer are entering the rental market is the main question:D

devilplate
29-10-10, 10:29
Need to shift out from his parent place (Hougang) asap, so he was desparate then I think. Could it also be that it is $2800 bcoz is just for one year lease so landlord up the price? He seems to love the place, may be bcoz he does not drive. So the close proximity of the MRT weigh favorably to him.

But then $2800 is really steep for a MM. One of my friend who sold his landed and rented a 3-bedder (1400 sq ft) at a condo along Tampines Road (cannot remember name but small project with no full condo facility) for also $2800.

So MM near MRT and town does fetch a premium. But just how many such tenants like my lecturer are entering the rental market is the main question:D

MM in similar location 2.5k rented out within a day easily

along tamp rd: isit the one opposite kovan grandeur? yimei garden/fortune park?

cfm fortune park:D

devilplate
29-10-10, 12:05
rec sms indicating prices from 1.2mil....which works out to be ard 2.5kpsf for 484sqft....hmmm

DC33_2008
29-10-10, 12:57
So! Which is better? Spottiewoode or Robinson S?
rec sms indicating prices from 1.2mil....which works out to be ard 2.5kpsf for 484sqft....hmmm

home-run
29-10-10, 13:09
http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o133/cristiano7bsc/rbs01.jpg

http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o133/cristiano7bsc/rbs02.jpg

http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o133/cristiano7bsc/rbs03.jpg

Hi folks,

These are the latest updates for Robinson Suites. (with more detailed info)

Estimated VIP Preview Date : 2nd half of November

Developer : 50 Robinson Pte Ltd (same developer for Alexis)

Property Type : 1 Tower of 42 storey comprising of 167 residential units and 3 commercial units

Property Address : 50 Robinson Rd

Description : Proposed erection of 42 storey Residential apartment building with commercial at 1st storey development (TOTAL : 167 Residential units, 1 level of shop & Mechanized Carpark) with swimming pool.

Tenure : FREEHOLD

Expected TOP Date : 31st Dec 2016

Facility :

**Sky Terrace (Level 7)**
~ Swimming Pool (30m x 5m x 1.2m)
~Wet Deck
~Pool Deck
~BBQ Area
~Garden

**Sky Terrace (Level 19)**
~Lap Pool (24m length)
~Jacuzzi
~Aqua Gym
~Pool Deck
~Gym
~Outdoor Fitness Corner
~Sky Garden
~Spa Room
~Sky Lounge
~Outdoor Kitchen
~Outdoor Dining

Carpark Lots : 135 (LTA only requires 80% of total no. of units as property is within 400m of a few MRT Stations)

Std Provisions :

**Kitchen Cabinets & Appliances**
~Luxurious fully equipped kitchen like Geggenau integrated fridge, electric cooker hob/hood, Built-in oven
~ Bosch washer cum dryer
~ Marble counter-top complete with soft closing Blumotion high and low level kitchen cabinets

***Wardrobes***
~Good Quality Built-in Wardrobe system to all bedrms (to-be-confirmed)

**Aircon**
~Split-unit air-con system to Living/Dining, all bedrm and study

**Water Heater**
~Hot Water Supply to all bathrms and kitchen

All units are sea-facing and will be unblocked (Lau Pa Sat is a preserved monument and unlikely to be re-developed)

Pre-booking of choice facing units have already started.
If you have any further enquiries, do feel free to contact me at anytime.

Developer's Exclusive Mktg Agt : 81835132

Cheers :cheers6:

DC33_2008
29-10-10, 13:16
Spottiwoode will have VVIP preview first. Difficult decision for investors. Should time it together.

bargain hunter
29-10-10, 14:02
how is the sales for that glynbourne? devilplate din go and kpo?

home-run has any update on the sales there? marketed by your company also rite?

Spottiwoode will have VVIP preview first. Difficult decision for investors. Should time it together.

home-run
29-10-10, 14:22
yea...going down now...balloting ends at 230pm...so 3pm onwards buyers without cheque can go to view showflat already. Will post update when i reach site =):cheers6:

hopeful
29-10-10, 14:44
home-run, can we really see Sands from RS?
The illustration seem to indicate that have unblocked view of Sands and Flyer.
Is that really true?

home-run
29-10-10, 14:53
This is artist impression direct fr developer....will double check which stack can see Sands n update u folks. Most prob the higher floors. :cheers6:

sh
29-10-10, 20:22
Ain't gonna see anything other than Lau Pa Sat

Master plan attached. Surrounded by high density developments...

bargain hunter
29-10-10, 21:16
awwww...so near yet so far...

Ain't gonna see anything other than Lau Pa Sat

Master plan attached. Surrounded by high density developments...

devilplate
29-10-10, 22:17
awwww...so near yet so far...

haha...its like 1shenton gold twr slowly slowly bo seaview liao...lol

proud owner
29-10-10, 22:23
haha...its like 1shenton gold twr slowly slowly bo seaview liao...lol

on that note ...

is it really worth paying for 'seaview ' when it can be taken away in the future ?

once a new building comes up and block you ..and you try to sell .. everyone knows it will not have the view for long..so how ?

just like Sea View at east coast ..heard will be blocked by Silver sea .. so how ?still pay premium ?

devilplate
29-10-10, 22:30
on that note ...

is it really worth paying for 'seaview ' when it can be taken away in the future ?

once a new building comes up and block you ..and you try to sell .. everyone knows it will not have the view for long..so how ?

just like Sea View at east coast ..heard will be blocked by Silver sea .. so how ?still pay premium ?

not many noes about masterplan mah...lol

buy low flr robinson s lor...but hor guaranteed satay smell...lol

proud owner
29-10-10, 22:32
not many noes about masterplan mah...lol

buy low flr robinson s lor...but hor guaranteed satay smell...lol

i think people will rush in for this FH MM ...thinking it will be another Sail in the making ...

sh
29-10-10, 22:38
i think people will rush in for this FH MM ...thinking it will be another Sail in the making ...

Big difference between sail and this.

Bay View vs Lau Pa Sat View
Sea Breeze vs Satay Fumes

balanced against

99 and FH

The bay view units at the sail will always be in demand. No sure about the non bay view units... as the 99yrs run low...

proud owner
29-10-10, 22:44
Big difference between sail and this.

Bay View vs Lau Pa Sat View
Sea Breeze vs Satay Fumes

balanced against

99 and FH

The bay view units at the sail will always be in demand. No sure about the non bay view units... as the 99yrs run low...

i know and we all know

but there are a lot of 'blind' quantum sensitive upgraders ..

devilplate
29-10-10, 22:45

i prefer the spottiswoode R project over this...

mechanical carpark + satay smell no-no:p

proud owner
29-10-10, 22:47
i prefer the spottiswoode R project over this...

mechanical carpark + satay smell no-no:p

got medicinal smell from across the road ???

devilplate
29-10-10, 22:51
i know and we all know

but there are a lot of 'blind' quantum sensitive upgraders ..

dun tink mostly buy MM to stay...at least not me

if MM gives me 5% yield+FH status...y not:D

devilplate
29-10-10, 22:52
got medicinal smell from across the road ???

buy 2/3bedder facing park+container view la:D

proud owner
29-10-10, 22:53
dun tink mostly buy MM to stay...at least not me

if MM gives me 5% yield+FH status...y not:D

you would know the rental for that location (without view) ...and the probable psf ...

you will know if you can achieve 5pct or not ...

sh
29-10-10, 22:54
Given choice between FH and 99, i'll go FH as a long term investor. Not such a big difference if you're a flipper. 99 is like a time bomb, exploding in 99 years.

Need to see price diff between Spottiswood and Robinson to make decision.

proud owner
29-10-10, 22:55

come to think of it not too bad

the wind will carry the 'medicinal air' into your unit and 'fumigate' , sanitise your whole unit ..

not bad at all ...

comfirm no roaches

devilplate
29-10-10, 22:57
you would know the rental for that location (without view) ...and the probable psf ...

you will know if you can achieve 5pct or not ...

err...i am not refering this robinson s.....this one u can calculate lor...at very best: 4k pm at 1.2mio==4% gross yield....if big units probably 2-3%

sh
29-10-10, 22:57

Don't bet on park view, area zoned for 2.8 plot ratio residential. Actually the 1 Br is a better bet. The conservation houses will always be there.

devilplate
29-10-10, 23:02
Don't bet on park view, area zoned for 2.8 plot ratio residential. Actually the 1 Br is a better bet. The conservation houses will always be there.

ya hor

haha

u just killed 1/2 of my interest...lol

1bedder direct noon sun...no-no

meaning take 2bedder low flr facing the big bath tub best liao

sh
29-10-10, 23:22
ya hor

haha

u just killed 1/2 of my interest...lol

1bedder direct noon sun...no-no

meaning take 2bedder low flr facing the big bath tub best liao

hmmm... face bath tub better or face hospital...:confused:

dtrax
30-10-10, 13:53
Omgoooosh.. look at the super tiny living room
http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listing/1775043/for-sale-robinson

I dunno how to describe but it is worse than watching horror films :eek:

sh
31-10-10, 18:17
Omgoooosh.. look at the super tiny living room
http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listing/1775043/for-sale-robinson

I dunno how to describe but it is worse than watching horror films :eek:

Is that the actual showflat?

Notice how the developer realised how impossible their plans are? They have conveniently "forgotten" to install the following in their showflat:-

1) Wall between bedroom and living
2) Glass door between living and balcony
3) Wall between your unit and your neighbour:rolleyes:

And worse of all, despite their interventions, the unit still looks small!:scared-4:

teddybear
31-10-10, 22:44
Fantastic (to the developer)! The balcony + planter area + air-con ledge is bigger than the living room + dining room area!

Is that the actual showflat?

Notice how the developer realised how impossible their plans are? They have conveniently "forgotten" to install the following in their showflat:-

1) Wall between bedroom and living
2) Glass door between living and balcony
3) Wall between your unit and your neighbour:rolleyes:

And worse of all, despite their interventions, the unit still looks small!:scared-4:

patricia
01-11-10, 12:48
Fantastic (to the developer)! The balcony + planter area + air-con ledge is bigger than the living room + dining room area!
Why do they design in this manner. I though there is no advantage for developer to design with balcony,planter... after 2009? goverment ruling?

teddybear
01-11-10, 13:00
Planter, air-con ledge do not require must furnishing, wall treatment, and flooring with marbles etc so cheaper to build mah, and balcony also cheaper to build than inner build-up area mah (also developer can allocate extra 10% space for balcony not included in the GFA), so for sure balcony must be big lah!. :banghead:

Why do they design in this manner. I though there is no advantage for developer to design with balcony,planter... after 2009? goverment ruling?

dtrax
01-11-10, 13:47
Look at the marble tiles in the living room, the width seems to be able 3 marble tiles wide, amazing!

devilplate
01-11-10, 15:43
Look at the marble tiles in the living room, the width seems to be able 3 marble tiles wide, amazing!

just imagine the length of a queen size bed lor..lol....484sqft but a 300sqft MM layout 's living rm...lol

sh
01-11-10, 18:33

It's not a planter, it an ac ledge. Planter not allowed, but ac ledge still open to abuse....:mad:

bargain hunter
01-11-10, 20:11
i noticed that air con ledges have become unnecessarily big in many projects since the incentive to build planter and bay windows was removed. sigh. :(

It's not a planter, it an ac ledge. Planter not allowed, but ac ledge still open to abuse....:mad:

devilplate
01-11-10, 22:59
i noticed that air con ledges have become unnecessarily big in many projects since the incentive to build planter and bay windows was removed. sigh. :(

balconies become bigger too:scared-5:

proud owner
01-11-10, 23:12
balconies become bigger too:scared-5:

ya lor

what to do ... people seem to think that expats LOVE outdoor ..so big balcony will be an attraction when renting to expats ..

cant blame owner, tenants if they use it to dry laundry

devilplate
01-11-10, 23:15
ya lor

what to do ... people seem to think that expats LOVE outdoor ..so big balcony will be an attraction when renting to expats ..

ang mor adapted very well...going green and clothings smells nice and crisp :D

one angmor(potential tenant) commented: no balcony ar? den whr am i gona hang my clothes?

proud owner
01-11-10, 23:21

one angmor(potential tenant) commented: no balcony ar? den whr am i gona hang my clothes?

ya lor

so ? tenant / owners make use of the sun mah ..

since the internal space getting smaller and smaller .. of cos dry laundry on balcony lah ..

also cannot smoke indoor .. so small .. smoke in toilet ..whole unit will smell ..so smoke in balcony lor ..since its so big .. then neighbour below will complain ..got ash, butts etc

so occupants bad habit is a result of bad design also

devilplate
01-11-10, 23:27
ya lor

so ? tenant / owners make use of the sun mah ..

since the internal space getting smaller and smaller .. of cos dry laundry on balcony lah ..

also cannot smoke indoor .. so small .. smoke in toilet ..whole unit will smell ..so smoke in balcony lor ..since its so big .. then neighbour below will complain ..got ash, butts etc

so occupants bad habit is a result of bad design also

duno y new design omit yard oredi...or give pathetic useless yard tat can barely walk...yard impt leh...

proud owner
01-11-10, 23:31
duno y new design omit yard oredi...or give pathetic useless yard tat can barely walk...yard impt leh...

sometimes i really dont understand architect ..

look at Residences@Evelyn ... knn the yard is so big ..
maid damn happy ...

then there are those with tiny or no yard .. ..cant even stack a washer dryer without blocking air flow or light ..

sian .. can only buy old condos ... design so much better

teddybear
02-11-10, 00:05
Ang Mo dry clothes in balconies? Never heard that CCR private properties allow that (because usually stated in their condo by-laws). Only OCR private properties allow that? Those must be cheap-skate ang mo living in OCR private properties? :p

teddybear
02-11-10, 00:09
Ha ha ha! Finally found another person making such statements on Residences@Evelyn! As I have mentioned before, R@E the bedrooms are so so SMALL and the bloody bay windows so so BIG! A 1120 sqft unit in R@E machiam like the older condo's 900 sqft unit!

sometimes i really dont understand architect ..

look at Residences@Evelyn ... knn the yard is so big ..
maid damn happy ...

then there are those with tiny or no yard .. ..cant even stack a washer dryer without blocking air flow or light ..

sian .. can only buy old condos ... design so much better

bargain hunter
02-11-10, 01:29
actually, i think its developers who through agents spread the word that ang mors love big balcony so that they can build big balconies! hahaha. much as ang mors like balconies, i think they also value living space. these days, with pathetic size for living and yard, the "standard of living" is dropping in singapore. sigh.

ya lor

bargain hunter
02-11-10, 01:31
when driving down CTE, ask your passenger to try counting the number of balconies in Park Infinia hang laundry there. ;) but can't tell if its locals or foreigners doing it lah. hehehe.

Ang Mo dry clothes in balconies? Never heard that CCR private properties allow that (because usually stated in their condo by-laws). Only OCR private properties allow that? Those must be cheap-skate ang mo living in OCR private properties? :p

teddybear
02-11-10, 09:19
Some comments on Park Infinia:

- Mass market condo design located in CCR (486 units! Difficult to find so many units estate in CCR! More like those OCR mass market condos & ECs!).

- Bad design, yard area no sun no wind, so either use dryer (expensive on pocket) or hang laundry on balconies (again, prime private properties have by-laws to disallow that - so can only say PI is being managed like mass market condos).

- Many MM units in such a big estate! As with other MM condo estate, such units attract characters of vast (& sometimes dubious) background. Not really good for families with young kids. Saw many youngsters / young people smoking near the fence before.

when driving down CTE, ask your passenger to try counting the number of balconies in Park Infinia hang laundry there. ;) but can't tell if its locals or foreigners doing it lah. hehehe.

mcmlxxvi
05-11-10, 14:15
http://www.propertylaunch.sg/images/robinson/typicallayout.jpg

Heard a fund bought up 8-14th flrs.

DC33_2008
05-11-10, 14:22
No window at all for the 1 plus study units. The whole apartment will smell after cooking.

august
05-11-10, 15:28
No window at all for the 1 plus study units. The whole apartment will smell after cooking.

small studios with singles tenants no major cooking expected anyway

DC33_2008
05-11-10, 15:34
Probably just need a microwave oven to warm up food.
small studios with singles tenants no major cooking expected anyway

mcmlxxvi
05-11-10, 16:36
Follow what the ingenious PRC do. Open the main door while cooking for ventilation!

DC33_2008
06-11-10, 09:08
This is a very small site with Tong Eng bldg just 8 m behind it.

sh
06-11-10, 22:17
the parking should operate the same as The Sail, Lumiere but i can check it out to confirm for you.
:cheers6:

I still don't know how the carparking works here:beats-me-man:

Who owns the lots?
How much is the season parking if units are not given a lot each.

home-run
06-11-10, 22:34
Carpark are located fr #02 to #06...automated carpk...maint fee tentatively 180 per mth inclusive of carpk lots. First come first basis but since most potential buyers will be buying to rent out to tenants who mostly dun hav cars... some lucky owners may have 2 carpark lots for the price of 1...carpk for nw is first cme first serve basis n subj to mgt ...hope tt answers ur qn...and yes...developer is holding #08 to #14. Nt sure if fund bought or they want to release low flr as phase 2. No news as yet...will update more when the official developer briefing is here. :cheers6:

sh
06-11-10, 22:39
So the carparks is owned collectively by the MSCT or under a separate title owned by the developers?

In other words, does the money from the season parking go to the MCST or goes into the developer's pockets?

When is the launch likely to be?

devilplate
06-11-10, 23:09
Carpark are located fr #02 to #06...automated carpk...maint fee tentatively 180 per mth inclusive of carpk lots. First come first basis but since most potential buyers will be buying to rent out to tenants who mostly dun hav cars... some lucky owners may have 2 carpark lots for the price of 1...carpk for nw is first cme first serve basis n subj to mgt ...hope tt answers ur qn...and yes...developer is holding #08 to #14. Nt sure if fund bought or they want to release low flr as phase 2. No news as yet...will update more when the official developer briefing is here. :cheers6:

looks like the carpark is for the owners/tenants which is a bonus compared to TS,Icon etc....which means they wun be any season parking rite?

home-run
07-11-10, 00:20
Expected VIP Preview is est to be 3rd to 4th wk of Nov. Lots of check collected so far...so I presume it will be like another 76 Shenton Way....1 day sell-out if developer price it right...priority given to level buyers, then multiple purchase...then finally single unit purchase buyers with cheque. Can do non-obligatory presentation to potential buyers ...city house starbucks is a cosy place to do presentation. Pls feel free to contact me @ 81835132 at anytime for non-obligatory presentation. Cheers

sh
07-11-10, 08:11
Expected VIP Preview is est to be 3rd to 4th wk of Nov. Lots of check collected so far...so I presume it will be like another 76 Shenton Way....1 day sell-out if developer price it right...priority given to level buyers, then multiple purchase...then finally single unit purchase buyers with cheque. Can do non-obligatory presentation to potential buyers ...city house starbucks is a cosy place to do presentation. Pls feel free to contact me @ 81835132 at anytime for non-obligatory presentation. Cheers

Aiyah... no need for presentation lah.... The discussion in this forum has dug out more issues that can be or will be presented...:)

How many cheques have you collected personally....

DC33_2008
07-11-10, 13:02
There will be an operational cost of the automated system. Initially is relatively low. May jack up after 1st year which happens in some development. Good thing is it is inclusive of a parking lot. Wonder how many carpark lots in total?

Wild Falcon
07-11-10, 15:22
Even if tenants don't have car, the LLs will definitely chope a lot of "own use" one lah. So the probability of getting 2 lots will be close to zero.

Cannot imagine if system breaks down (which happens very often in such automated car parks) or the long queues and waiting time to retrieve the car during rush hours.

devilplate
07-11-10, 18:07
There will be an operational cost of the automated system. Initially is relatively low. May jack up after 1st year which happens in some development. Good thing is it is inclusive of a parking lot. Wonder how many carpark lots in total?

it was mentioned earlier tat it will be 80% of the total units...within 400m to MRT r allowed

devilplate
07-11-10, 18:10
Even if tenants don't have car, the LLs will definitely chope a lot of "own use" one lah. So the probability of getting 2 lots will be close to zero.

Cannot imagine if system breaks down (which happens very often in such automated car parks) or the long queues and waiting time to retrieve the car during rush hours.

i am aso very skeptical on automated parking system:scared-3:

lift maintenance oredi not cheap lor...

teddybear
07-11-10, 18:25
Automated car park system? Think of lifts - 1 not enough, need at least 2 (1 under maintenance 1 still can work), even then, costs of maintenance is already quite high. Can't imagine 1 car lift and the amount of time needed to queue up to use them at different levels! When the lift mal-functioned or go under maintenance, all residents don't need to drive in or out liao! :doh:
Residents better pray that the car lift is of superb quality! I know of a building which is only 3 years old and have 4 lifts and at least 1 or 2 of them will always be down and need maintenance (even though the lifts are just 3 years old)!

sh
07-11-10, 19:02
Automated car park system? Think of lifts - 1 not enough, need at least 2 (1 under maintenance 1 still can work), even then, costs of maintenance is already quite high. Can't imagine 1 car lift and the amount of time needed to queue up to use them at different levels! When the lift mal-functioned or go under maintenance, all residents don't need to drive in or out liao! :doh:
Residents better pray that the car lift is of superb quality! I know of a building which is only 3 years old and have 4 lifts and at least 1 or 2 of them will always be down and need maintenance (even though the lifts are just 3 years old)!

I believe the automated system is like those in Japan. You bring your car into this lift like thingy and it parks the car automatically for you. You don't park the car yourself. The system will bring the car back to you at the ground level when you want it.

Or are we talking about a car lift....

That's 2 different systems.

new2mondrian
07-11-10, 19:08
Car lifts in condos are not new. Jervois jade for example, had been using an automated car parking system for at least the past ten years. Casa mera at potong pasir is another one.

devilplate
07-11-10, 19:10
Car lifts in condos are not new. Jervois jade for example, had been using an automated car parking system for at least the past ten years. Casa mera at potong pasir is another one.

any problems tat u noe of? does it leads to higher maintainance fee?

teddybear
07-11-10, 19:40
Did you ask the wrong question? How can using a car lift not increase the maintenance fee vs not having a car lift? How can there be no problem with the car lift as they age? Definitely will be down for maintenance except how long is the down time right? You probably mean "how much higher is the maintenance fee with this car lift"? Then you have to factor in what age is the car lift?

any problems tat u noe of? does it leads to higher maintainance fee?

sh
07-11-10, 19:56
Did you ask the wrong question? How can using a car lift not increase the maintenance fee vs not having a car lift? How can there be no problem with the car lift as they age? Definitely will be down for maintenance except how long is the down time right? You probably mean "how much higher is the maintenance fee with this car lift"? Then you have to factor in what age is the car lift?

I'm assuming that it's a fully automated parking system. The no. of cars that goes into such a system will occupy a much smaller area than a conventional parking system.

The cost of maintaining the mechanical parts of the system has to be weighed against the cost of cleaning, sweeping, painting a conventional carpark. A conventional basement carpark will also have loads of mechanical ducts and stuff, that may be simplified in an auto system (since no human will be in there).

Not sure if anyone has done a comparative system :beats-me-man:

teddybear
07-11-10, 21:44
So you are saying mechical car park do not need cleaning sweeping, and painting, and have less mechanical ducts and stuff? No human need to be there? What about when broken down? May be the technician will ask for 500% extra in service charges because need to go to dangerous condition (like going into mine)? :p

I'm assuming that it's a fully automated parking system. The no. of cars that goes into such a system will occupy a much smaller area than a conventional parking system.

The cost of maintaining the mechanical parts of the system has to be weighed against the cost of cleaning, sweeping, painting a conventional carpark. A conventional basement carpark will also have loads of mechanical ducts and stuff, that may be simplified in an auto system (since no human will be in there).

Not sure if anyone has done a comparative system :beats-me-man:

new2mondrian
08-11-10, 10:13
As far as I know, the jervois jade one is working fine. A lot of car lift systems have been in use in a number of buildings around Tokyo. So far so good.

But I have never owned a property that uses car lifts, hence cannot comment on the cost.

Serendipity
08-11-10, 10:34
Maintenance fees of $180 inclusive of carpark lot...frankly i do not think it will be this cheap for a CBD development inclusive of a carpark lot. It just does not make sense for it to be so low with season parking in CBD costing easily more than this amt. I would think $180 is the maintenance fees only without a carpark lot. If residents wants a carpark lot, most likely will have to pay extra, just like any other developments in CBD. Just don't get your hopes up too high that $180 will be including of carpark lot. If it happens, its a bonus.

bargain hunter
08-11-10, 10:47
totally agree. don't be sold on an idea that is too good to be true. it probably is. even 180 without carpark seems too good to be true (but possible) when suites at orchard is $500!

Maintenance fees of $180 inclusive of carpark lot...frankly i do not think it will be this cheap for a CBD development inclusive of a carpark lot. It just does not make sense for it to be so low with season parking in CBD costing easily more than this amt. I would think $180 is the maintenance fees only without a carpark lot. If residents wants a carpark lot, most likely will have to pay extra, just like any other developments in CBD. Just don't get your hopes up too high that $180 will be including of carpark lot. If it happens, its a bonus.

teddybear
08-11-10, 11:41
How to throw in car park lot for free when there isn't enough car park lot to allocate to each unit? :doh: All these condo estates with car park lots less than number of units are just time bombs ticking that may explode in future when most residents decided to own a car because by then there is no way to allocate car park lots fairly and we will see fighting, scratching/vandalism of cars etc for those who can't get car park lots in their own estate?

bargain hunter
08-11-10, 12:43
i think that situation (insufficient parking time bomb situation) is more likely to happen say for eg at shelford suites (80 car park lots for 77 units) where most units are family sized 3 bedders. for smack in cbd and mostly 1+1 units, prob won't have such a situation.

How to throw in car park lot for free when there isn't enough car park lot to allocate to each unit? :doh: All these condo estates with car park lots less than number of units are just time bombs ticking that may explode in future when most residents decided to own a car because by then there is no way to allocate car park lots fairly and we will see fighting, scratching/vandalism of cars etc for those who can't get car park lots in their own estate?

devilplate
08-11-10, 12:49
most tenants in CBD dun drive....if they drive, most likely they wun rent a unit there...this is very true for those projects with lots of 1bedders

amk
08-11-10, 13:15
i think that situation (insufficient parking time bomb situation) is more likely to happen say for eg at shelford suites (80 car park lots for 77 units) where most units are family sized 3 bedders
let say it already happened ... ;)
ppl are having problems registering 2nd cars.

agreed for this kind of CBD condos, they are primarily for renters. a new lifestyle is coming, aka London inner city, manhattan. :)

welcome to the future of metropolitan singapore :)

sh
08-11-10, 13:39

If the parkng fees goes to condo's sinking fund or maintenance fund, that's fine. In a way the car owner's are subsidising the maintenance of the condo. That's provided the carparks are owned by the MCST, not the developers. Anyone can verify that?

devilplate
08-11-10, 13:42
If the parkng fees goes to condo's sinking fund or maintenance fund, that's fine. In a way the car owner's are subsidising the maintenance of the condo. That's provided the carparks are owned by the MCST, not the developers. Anyone can verify that?

ask Huttons agts la...and den tell us here:D

bargain hunter
08-11-10, 13:49
i asked liao but all blur blur one. so hopefully our old friend home-run can update us once he gets some confirmed data.

ask Huttons agts la...and den tell us here:D

Mabel
08-11-10, 15:43
The living looks like as big as the toilet. A good location.

Squall8888
25-11-10, 12:26
With all the marketing hype and agents saying many cheques submitted, no news suddenly? Seems to have died off? Maybe skysuite launch before RS?

hyenergix
25-11-10, 17:24
It's $2300 psf for low floor and $3000 psf for high floor :eek:

devilplate
03-12-10, 09:47
heard public preview this coming sat?

pls sell out at 2500-3000psf on average!:ashamed1: :D

DC33_2008
03-12-10, 09:52
I hope so too!

mm63
03-12-10, 10:08
I heard a few more levels were sold today

bargain hunter
03-12-10, 10:14
they started selling to pple who wanted to buy whole floors yesterday, today will start selling to those interested in 3 units and then 2 units. tomorrow then sell to single unit buyers.

devilplate
03-12-10, 10:17
they started selling to pple who wanted to buy whole floors yesterday, today will start selling to those interested in 3 units and then 2 units. tomorrow then sell to single unit buyers.

whole flr at wat psf? hope is above 2.5kpsf;)

DC33_2008
03-12-10, 10:47
Has the temporary flyer over next to Lau pau sat been demolished? Hear it was close to traffic about 3 weeks ago.

kingkong1984
03-12-10, 14:16
Still there but not operational, controlled demolision in progress

DC33_2008
03-12-10, 15:37
Great. Can ask for higher during rental renewal.
Still there but not operational, controlled demolision in progress

mm63
04-12-10, 11:45
Single unit purchases start from $2900psf upwards........

mm63
04-12-10, 13:50
100% sold out

DC33_2008
04-12-10, 13:52
So fast:confused:
100% sold out

devilplate
04-12-10, 15:53

devilplate
04-12-10, 15:55
all SOLD except the PHs :D

1+study: 15th flr 2600psf to top flr at 3400psf

CLAP CLAP!!!:D :D :cheers1: :cheers6:

for 1.3mil...i wud rather go for Dleedon 2bedder 2x-40:D .....at least can enjoy the nice view:D

kingkong1984
04-12-10, 17:50
What did i say? Days and hours will do it.

bargain hunter
04-12-10, 19:28
heard it was all gone by 1+pm.

devilplate
04-12-10, 19:32
heard it was all gone by 1+pm.
Ya... Balloting start at 12pm... Even the ground flr with pte pool aso sold...all ph unsold though

august
04-12-10, 19:58
what a pleasant surprise, was expecting it wont do too well :p

sh
04-12-10, 20:56
50% more expensive per sq ft than 1 shenton across lau pa sat. How can that be justified:confused: and it's sold out.

I know it's freehold compared to 99LH, but 50% more?

The rental returns is not going to be good with one shenton at 50% lower price, with the same rentals.

I hope the people buying know what they're doing....:scared-4:

devilplate
04-12-10, 21:39
50% more expensive per sq ft than 1 shenton across lau pa sat. How can that be justified:confused: and it's sold out.

I know it's freehold compared to 99LH, but 50% more?

The rental returns is not going to be good with one shenton at 50% lower price, with the same rentals.

I hope the people buying know what they're doing....:scared-4:

how do u get the figure of 50%??

15thflr at 2600psf....whereas similar floor 1shenton 1bedder around 2100psf.....ard 20-25% more wat....:beats-me-man:

pls dun use 3400psf which is top flr and use 1shenton low flr to make comparison...

both quantum about the same as well for let say 15-20th flr for both projects...typical 1shenton units ard 580-610sqft which cost around 1.2mil and 15th flr robinson suites 1+study cost 1.25mil

sh
04-12-10, 21:45
From street sine, last transacted for 1 shenton for small unit

1 Shenton Way #21-08
99 Yrs From 14/10/2005
$2045
$1255k
13 Oct 10

robinson suites 15th flr 2600, 21st about 2800,2900? Ok maybe not 50%, but easily 40%.

devilplate
04-12-10, 21:50
From street sine, last transacted for 1 shenton for small unit

1 Shenton Way #21-08
99 Yrs From 14/10/2005
$2045
$1255k
13 Oct 10

robinson suites 15th flr 2600, 21st about 2800,2900? Ok maybe not 50%, but easily 40%.

1flr ard 10k on average....and asking prices for 1shenton had gone up...anw, u happy can liao

sh
04-12-10, 21:57
1flr ard 10k on average....and asking prices for 1shenton had gone up...anw, u happy can liao

resale prices supposed to be stable for past couple of months.

yah.. with RS prices, 1 Shenton will be asking for more....

devilplate
04-12-10, 22:01

and aso sizes also different...mabe goto use the smallest 1bedder in 1shenton which is 538sqft rite to make a fairer comparison...

nowadays, within the same development for those MM project...3xx vs 4xxsqft(100sqft diff) their psf can varies by about 10-15%

sh
04-12-10, 22:08
don't have current transactions, 600+ sq ft the latest one.

that's also why units are getting smaller.... from 600sqft in 1 shenton to 500sqft in RS

devilplate
04-12-10, 22:18
don't have current transactions, 600+ sq ft the latest one.

that's also why units are getting smaller.... from 600sqft in 1 shenton to 500sqft in RS

anyway, conclusion: RS underpriced! tats y sold out!:D

skeptikos
04-12-10, 23:35

yup I agree that one shenton owners can probably ride on RS results and try to ask for more $$$... but in my opinion it still does not cover up the fact that its surrounding views, or lack of them, are pretty disadvantageous to it.

even RS has a view to speak of in the sense that the next tall building in the future will at least be one lau pa sat + 2 roads away. one shenton, on the other hand, faces asia square + SGX with only 1 road in between each of them...

maybe that's why RS buyers willing to pay more? in addition to the premium for freehold over leasehold, which i do think was a big selling point for investors looking for such properties simply because it is the only conspicuous freehold project in the area (vs. hidden emerald garden).

maybe i'm beating the "view" factor to death but i'm just trying to think like a tenant who, though accepts that he won't get much of a view in CBD, would at least prefer not to feel claustrophobic in his own condo and try to find a place which does not directly look into another building with only 1 road away... some more big Asia Square is so wide and tall vs. ORQ which are of different heights and angles when blocking the sail which makes it less bad than one shenton.

devilplate
05-12-10, 00:09
no offend to EG owners, but i got expat fren tat got turned off by its facade....perhaps attract a niche group of tenants/buyers

Squall8888
05-12-10, 00:53
After reading the news about the sold out of RS, I can conclude Clift is super under price. One shenton is 1.3M, RS is close to 1.3M and you can still get Clift at 1M I believe.

hyenergix
05-12-10, 07:34
Let's see the estimated rental for a 1 bedder at RS:

Cost = $ 1,600,000
70% Loan = $ 1,120,000
Instalment on 2.5% Interest = $ 4,400
Maintenance mthly = $ 300
4% tax on AV of $60k mthly = $ 200
Breakeven rental = $ 4,900

Based on The Sail 1 bedder nearby rental of $4,000 with a nice sea view, and the fact that the owners bought at much lower price and able to compete with RS owner for tenants, RS is a bit risky for rental income. So the people buying are mostly investor waiting for capital appreciation.

sh
05-12-10, 09:46

Cost = $ 1,600,000
70% Loan = $ 1,120,000

Based on The Sail 1 bedder nearby rental of $4,000 with a nice sea view, and the fact that the owners bought at much lower price and able to compete with RS owner for tenants, RS is a bit risky for rental income. So the people buying are mostly investor waiting for capital appreciation.

Agreed. RS buyers looking for rental yield will face significant competition from the LH properties around. Buyers are betting on capital gains

august
05-12-10, 09:50

Cost = $ 1,600,000
70% Loan = $ 1,120,000

tax on rental property is 10% of AV, not 4% ~

sh
05-12-10, 09:51
anyway, conclusion: RS underpriced! tats y sold out!:D

hope it's not sold out due to herd mentality:beats-me-man:

hyenergix
05-12-10, 11:08
tax on rental property is 10% of AV, not 4% ~

I wanted to use 10%. But how do authorities find out if u register it under urs or child's name?

devilplate
05-12-10, 11:30
I wanted to use 10%. But how do authorities find out if u register it under urs or child's name?

arent u gona rent it out? unless also wana siam stamp fees...wana jail term? lol

shauntanzs
05-12-10, 12:02
After reading the news about the sold out of RS, I can conclude Clift is super under price. One shenton is 1.3M, RS is close to 1.3M and you can still get Clift at 1M I believe.

Hey squall8888, becareful with this statement. Or our Mr Luzman will come haunting u down " do not compare D1 with D2 properties!!! "
:D :D

kingkong1984
05-12-10, 12:24
Dats why even newspaper said that mm lh 99 in city above mrt might work. Is it clearer to you guys now?

hyenergix
05-12-10, 12:25
arent u gona rent it out? unless also wana siam stamp fees...wana jail term? lol

Oh, just exploring the case if I have a guest who wants to stay there for 2 years and kind enough to give me a bit of money to offset my bit of inconvenience of shifting out... :D

shauntanzs
05-12-10, 12:26
I find that if you buy any prime district property now, you are going to suffer badly on the rental yield. Most are waiting for capital appreciation. I am just wondering for these prospecting new targets, what are the ultimate value buying at 2500-3000psf whereas the rental are stuck at low yield. Unless they are buying for own stay, or else, waiting for further cap appreciate to 3000-3500psf really looks so scary to me. 3 cheers to those who bought early and salute to those who buy now.
Coment? Thanks :)

devilplate
05-12-10, 12:28
Hey squall8888, becareful with this statement. Or our Mr Luzman will come haunting u down " do not compare D1 with D2 properties!!! "
All in D1
RS shd b under d1 thread

sh
05-12-10, 13:17
I find that if you buy any prime district property now, you are going to suffer badly on the rental yield. Most are waiting for capital appreciation. I am just wondering for these prospecting new targets, what are the ultimate value buying at 2500-3000psf whereas the rental are stuck at low yield. Unless they are buying for own stay, or else, waiting for further cap appreciate to 3000-3500psf really looks so scary to me. 3 cheers to those who bought early and salute to those who buy now.
Coment? Thanks :)

I also say.

The super prime ones are offering lousy rental returns. The ones at the fringe of the super prime (especially MMs) as still offering reasonable yields.

DC33_2008
05-12-10, 13:53
I believe it is subjective. Where does your expatriate friend come from? US or Europe? Rental yield here will be much better compared to the new developments.
no offend to EG owners, but i got expat fren tat got turned off by its facade....perhaps attract a niche group of tenants/buyers

Squall8888
05-12-10, 23:45
No problem! Clift is D1, RS is D1 and so is One shenton :):) RS is just 3 mins walk from Clift I guess? Which is why I say Clift is under priced. Super under priced !!!! Mark my words. Give it 3 months.

blackfire
06-12-10, 09:29
No problem! Clift is D1, RS is D1 and so is One shenton :):) RS is just 3 mins walk from Clift I guess? Which is why I say Clift is under priced. Super under priced !!!! Mark my words. Give it 3 months.

I think for the clift there are still a handful of speculators under the old deferred payment scheme. With the TOP soon, some of them are in hurry to sell the units hence the average prices are on a relatively low side now.

I saw in the classified ad some weeks ago, whereby FEO are letting out some units at clift as service apartments, anyone knows what FEO are asking ?

teddybear
06-12-10, 10:08
I think the right conclusion should be: Buy new launch ones at significantly higher prices than resale properties nearby (anywhere in Singapore) surely get very lousy rental returns compared to buying resales nearby (not to mention paying interest for next 3 years without being able to rent out). But somehow, the buyers are not bothered. :confused: If so, why are we bothered?
Imagine buyers buying The Vision at $1300 psf and they can rent out at $2.20 psf. Yield is like 2%?. :o

I also say.

The super prime ones are offering lousy rental returns. The ones at the fringe of the super prime (especially MMs) as still offering reasonable yields.

Squall8888
06-12-10, 21:43
Seriously, I don't think so. Those who are on DPS probably bought at super low price. Like 600 - 700k.

I think for the clift there are still a handful of speculators under the old deferred payment scheme. With the TOP soon, some of them are in hurry to sell the units hence the average prices are on a relatively low side now.

I saw in the classified ad some weeks ago, whereby FEO are letting out some units at clift as service apartments, anyone knows what FEO are asking ?

devilplate
06-12-10, 21:45
Seriously, I don't think so. Those who are on DPS probably bought at super low price. Like 600 - 700k.

ard 550k nia...but tat was during mid 2006...4yrs ago....not fantastic but gd enuff:D

quite alot of them oredi cash in....2nd owners bot around 750-900k on average

kingkong1984
07-12-10, 05:23
Its a investment decision.
Price low (now) rental expected to go up (later) = buy BUC.
Price high (now) rental expected to go down (later) = buy shares
Price low (now) rental expected to go up (now) = buy resale.
Price high (now) rental expected to go down (now) = Buy shares

skeptikos
10-12-10, 18:28

Yes, heard from an agent marketing RS that 15 floor 500 sqft unit sold for $1.3m. Applying 25% freehold premium, means leasehold clift and one shenton's market price should be $1.04m.

Seems like clift at $1m is at market pricing but one shenton is overpriced at $1.3m! Why would someone buy a leasehold at freehold prices?? Unless I'm missing something here...

devilplate
10-12-10, 18:39
Yes, heard from an agent marketing RS that 15 floor 500 sqft unit sold for $1.3m. Applying 25% freehold premium, means leasehold clift and one shenton's market price should be $1.04m.

Seems like clift at $1m is at market pricing but one shenton is overpriced at $1.3m! Why would someone buy a leasehold at freehold prices?? Unless I'm missing something here...

shd based on PSF...

15th flr RS around 2650psf...low flr clift around 1950psf....25% based on 1950psf = 2450psf...200psf diff....plus 4yrs of waiting(no rental income + 3yrs SSD)

SQ008
16-05-13, 19:03
It's now already past the 1st level swimming pool ie. should be 8 - 9th floor.

rontan_83
01-06-13, 08:26
It's now already past the 1st level swimming pool ie. should be 8 - 9th floor.
4 years already ....still havent completed?, why take so long to TOP?

babyt
01-06-13, 17:02
4 years already ....still havent completed?, why take so long to TOP?

Construction started in mid 2011, so just close to 2 years now....not 4 years as you said. I'm keeping a close eye on Robinson Suites as it is the same developer as Loft 1.

rontan_83
05-06-13, 20:42
Construction started in mid 2011, so just close to 2 years now....not 4 years as you said. I'm keeping a close eye on Robinson Suites as it is the same developer as Loft 1.
me too...baby T...the progress for one loft seems very slow...the existing landed house still havent been demolished yet..

SQ008
11-12-13, 19:19
me too...baby T...the progress for one loft seems very slow...the existing landed house still havent been demolished yet..

Building now at 19th floor already - quite fast the progress

maurice.cowell
03-07-14, 17:24
Room was ultra-modern featuring flat screens in each room. Bathroom was spacious with state of the art shower features and room had floor to ceiling windows. It is very nice place.

SQ008
02-08-14, 16:23
Agree, my sister bought a unit there and now the price already risen by $1M. So I can only afford the cheaper one loft by same developer.

MortgageGuru
20-06-16, 14:08
TOP already! time to refinance your loans owners of robinson suites!
welcome you to PM me for assistance!

MichaelLee
18-12-16, 10:10

This is a giant joke at Robinson Suites. Units come with a carpark, underground automatic robot lift thingy. BUT, the so called management says that priority is given to owner who are staying in the property themselves. As of now, the car park is any given day 80% empty (can see from the robolift screen) but unit owners nor tenants are given a slot. On top of that, there is ZERO visitor parking slots. That being said, the area downstairs where you cant park is most days filled with some random cars. Assuming the draconian guards just make a side business with that. Stay away from this property.

MichaelLee
18-12-16, 10:18
Might be too late for many, but a quick heads up for those who are planning to buy or rent from Robinson Suites. The so called "security" is a joke downstairs. They will randomly check documents from visitors, try to confiscate your documents while visiting, make RUDE and totally unnecessary comments about things that are none of their business etc. It's a farking joke since there is NO condo manager at all, the guards run the place as they see please. Location is amazing but everything is ruined by these muppets downstairs. Recommended to stay away from this one. Also lately a lot of units are available via Airbnb since nobody in their right mind want to rent a unit. This results in backpackers coming and going constantly, having parties and what not.

Arcachon
15-09-20, 20:56
https://scontent.fsin3-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/119485391_10219853439179321_193652450074685513_o.jpg?_nc_cat=105&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=aYwxEA1h9RgAX9g0gSq&_nc_ht=scontent.fsin3-1.fna&oh=6ef6ff64a9ed2a972d73f1751ee221ff&oe=5F856C76