PDA

View Full Version : Wing Fong Mansions

richwang
24-10-10, 21:41
Cannot believe you could get a FH 3 bedder in Singapore for just S$700K.

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listing/1193249/for-sale-wing-fong-mansions

Any catch?

Thanks,
Richard

Geylang OKT
24-10-10, 22:07

Any catch?

Thanks,
Richard

Yes... Wing Fong Mansions FH 3 bedder was selling for $380k to $400k just a couple of years ago. :cool: ;) :cheers6:

Right smack deep in the reddest of reddest red light areas :D :D :D

On the plus side, Wing Fong Mansions got one small pool in terms of facilities compared to zilch for Wing Fong Court :D

Wild Falcon
24-10-10, 22:35
If everyone compare with prices 4 years ago, one will never buy anything. In fact, Geylang is clearly still a laggard. Other parts of Singapore has gone up even more. D9 condos used to be like $800psf? Today it's closer to $3,000psf.

What I'm trying to say is, stop referencing to prices 5 years ago or 10 years ago. The reality is, we may not be able to get those prices ever again. So we should focus on what it can be in the future.

Yes... Wing Fong Mansions FH 3 bedder was selling for $380k to $400k just a couple of years ago. :cool: ;) :cheers6:

Right smack deep in the reddest of reddest red light areas :D :D :D

On the plus side, Wing Fong Mansions got one small pool in terms of facilities compared to zilch for Wing Fong Court :D

romeo
24-10-10, 23:11
geylang property diffcult to get loan from bank..:doh:

devilplate
25-10-10, 00:17
geylang property diffcult to get loan from bank..:doh:
No decent family will rent ur plc as well. Most likely rent to students or workers

jwong71
25-10-10, 02:00

Any catch?

Thanks,
Richard

Earlier this year ad was just at max 550k+ -. Owners trying hard to get good price 700k.

Due to its location, valuation would hit ard 600k.? COV 100k. And loan of 50%= 300K.
Upfront cash of 400k for downpay.?

Ur pick,for rental or capital..? and ur prospective buyers got to fork out more then 400k to buy from you in future..

Geylang OKT
25-10-10, 07:01
Most likely an owner or agent trying to hit $700k :D :D :D

Besides students, can easily let out to chickens or freelancers or peidu mama to stay.

Best usage is as a safe haven when there are raids ;) ;) ;)

Geylang OKT
25-10-10, 07:08
If everyone compare with prices 4 years ago, one will never buy anything. In fact, Geylang is clearly still a laggard. Other parts of Singapore has gone up even more. D9 condos used to be like $800psf? Today it's closer to $3,000psf.

What I'm trying to say is, stop referencing to prices 5 years ago or 10 years ago. The reality is, we may not be able to get those prices ever again. So we should focus on what it can be in the future.

Hello Agent, excellent koyok. I will look you up if I sell my chicken houses in future :D :D :D

roly8
25-10-10, 07:58

true.. :(:(

louisebrown
25-10-10, 09:30

If I may ask, what purpose do historical indices serve then?

Concours
25-10-10, 10:59
If buy there, and stay, people will think your wife is a prostitute.

If buy and rent, only prostitutes are your customers.

If rent out to students and office workers, in the end they become prostitutes, after learning from the rest of the prostitutes staying there that the $$ is better.

In the end everybody thinks you're a pimp.:doh:

Wild Falcon
25-10-10, 12:08
Not an agent lah. But I really think you should snap out of the "price 5 years ago" mentality - for your own good. Imagine inflation of 5% a year, it would have increased 30% in 5 years compounded. So any property that appreciate 30% in 5 years really isn't excessive. Never ever forget the time value of money.

It's not koyok - it's reality. If you wanna buy the SAME prices as 5 years ago, I suspect you many never be able to buy anything.

Hello Agent, excellent koyok. I will look you up if I sell my chicken houses in future :D :D :D

Wild Falcon
25-10-10, 12:12
Well, if you insist you still wanna buy at 5 years ago price - go ahead and wait lah. But thank goodness, I never waited. When I bought my properties, they were NEVER at the lowest point - just close to the lowest point. But I still make money. The decision point should be at today's price, is there still any money to be made? If the answer is NO, then just don't buy. The decision point should NOT be based on what it used to be 10 years ago - it should be what you think it can be going forward.

And seriously, if you're just a fresh graduate or worked a few years, there is no way you could buy at the lowest point in 2003 right? But there is no point wondering why you're so unlucky born so late when your parents can buy $40k HDB - you should just make do with what you have now.

devilplate
25-10-10, 12:31
nvm la...let them keep comparing past prices.....keep missing the boat of no return and who noes...later on they cannot tahan and bot at PEAKEST price:p

mcmlxxvi
25-10-10, 13:28
nvm la...let them keep comparing past prices.....keep missing the boat of no return and who noes...later on they cannot tahan and bot at PEAKEST price:p

There is no such thing as peakest price if you follow Propertism.....

louisebrown
25-10-10, 20:53
Well, if you insist you still wanna buy at 5 years ago price - go ahead and wait lah. But thank goodness, I never waited. When I bought my properties, they were NEVER at the lowest point - just close to the lowest point. But I still make money. The decision point should be at today's price, is there still any money to be made? If the answer is NO, then just don't buy. The decision point should NOT be based on what it used to be 10 years ago - it should be what you think it can be going forward.

And seriously, if you're just a fresh graduate or worked a few years, there is no way you could buy at the lowest point in 2003 right? But there is no point wondering why you're so unlucky born so late when your parents can buy $40k HDB - you should just make do with what you have now.

What a strained way of saying that these indices are not for practitioners like you but for academics and research.

Wild Falcon
25-10-10, 21:52
You want a less strained description?

Fundamental analysis is more important than technical analysis. In physical properties which is not liquid, drawing graphs is quite meaningless.

IMHO, technical analysis (i.e. drawing historical graphs) is only useful for TRADING.

louisebrown
26-10-10, 17:30
You want a less strained description?

Fundamental analysis is more important than technical analysis. In physical properties which is not liquid, drawing graphs is quite meaningless.

IMHO, technical analysis (i.e. drawing historical graphs) is only useful for TRADING.

Get a handle on your emotions. For someone who has posted around 800 msgs, do you know of a less strident way of expressing yourself?

Wild Falcon
26-10-10, 20:23
No. Because I'm a Wild Falcon, and I'm wild, free direct & with emotions :)

Don't like the smiley? Or this :confused: . Not even sure why the sudden "attack" - when I mention there's no point comparing to prices 5 years ago :( . Anyway, straight face and no emotions right? I notice your posts are all like that.

Everyone has his/her own style. Think about it.:rolleyes:

Get a handle on your emotions. For someone who has posted around 800 msgs, do you know of a less strident way of expressing yourself?

mcmlxxvi
26-10-10, 21:34

A reminder of the 'good times' and 'bad times'... :)

Definitely not for trending nor pattern recognition. Property may not even move in cycles in future with the chaotic development of world affairs.

louisebrown
27-10-10, 09:24
A reminder of the 'good times' and 'bad times'... :)

Definitely not for trending nor pattern recognition. Property may not even move in cycles in future with the chaotic development of world affairs.

Thank you for your response.
I have never seen falcons smile or think.

Geylang OKT
27-10-10, 09:38
Thank you for your response.
I have never seen falcons smile or think.

How about smirk? :D :D :D