PDA

View Full Version : Duchess Residence (D10, UOL, 999y)

amk
14-10-10, 11:46
(since I couldn't find a thread on this, I'm starting one).

It should be TOP'ed soon.

some interesting things abt this project:
1) 120 units of 5 storey+attic on 150k sqft land, 1.4 plot ratio. --> to discuss for fun whether this type is "congested" ? :)
2) it was launched in the middle of 2007 with much fanfare. And with almost immediate press announcement that Wee and Co. bought 8 units, 3 of which were at a mere "2% discount". ;) It was subsequently sold out within days.
3) fast forward to today. very few sub sales so far. and the price is not moving.

What will be a fair price for this project now ?

stalingrad
14-10-10, 12:10
my favorite condo topic.

(1) Went to the show flat
(2) told was sold out except for the maisonettes
(3) quoted prices around $2200psf
(4) told to pay slightly higher prices to buy one from a speculator
(5) glad that the speculator is sitting on a huge loss

too bad my wife and I did not carry a camera with us. you should see the showflat, chuck full of people. did not get an agent to notice us for half an hour. finally met an agent who showed little interest in us. too busy taking care of the high rollers, who turned out to be huge losers.'

many units for sale at around $1,700psf.

bargain hunter
14-10-10, 12:18
ok, i will contribute the old data i have from 2007 too :) :

2%? more like 20% discount. 3 bedroom unit sizes: 1464 (4th floor), 1485 (3rd floor) and 1604 (2nd floor) sq ft. Ie smallest units in entire project is 1464 sq ft. Quantum how to stomach if psf is high?

the power 8's kelong prices:

WCY #03-23 1554psf (lowest new sale psf)
James Koh #03-08 1591psf
Julie #03-19 1657psf
WWL #02-18 1602psf
CTT/LSY #02-09 1614psf
WBT #03-15 1745psf
Rowee Low #01-07 1546psf
WEC #01-11 1556psf

highest psf #03-01 2200psf for one of the rare 2314sq ft 4 bedder.

highest psf for 2nd floor #02-03 2150psf vs WCY's 1554psf....that's 2% discount? hahaha

highest psf for 3rd floor #03-12 2199psf vs James' 1591psf

highest psf for 4th floor #04-06 2200psf vs wah no insider bot #04.

highest psf for Garden Mansionette #01-03 2050psf vs Rowee Low's 1546psf

highest psf for Penthouse #05-20 1951psf (penthouse less valuable than garden mansionette?!?!?!) vs no penthouses sold to insiders. another penthouse, #05-11, was given up and resold at 2025psf in oct 07 vs jun/jul launch.

mind u, these transactions took place within days of each other (except #05-11). not months.

(since I couldn't find a thread on this, I'm starting one).

It should be TOP'ed soon.

some interesting things abt this project:
1) 120 units of 5 storey+attic on 150k sqft land, 1.4 plot ratio. --> to discuss for fun whether this type is "congested" ? :)
2) it was launched in the middle of 2007 with much fanfare. And with almost immediate press announcement that Wee and Co. bought 8 units, 3 of which were at a mere "2% discount". ;) It was subsequently sold out within days.
3) fast forward to today. very few sub sales so far. and the price is not moving.

What will be a fair price for this project now ?

devilplate
14-10-10, 12:19
my favorite condo topic.

(1) Went to the show flat
(2) told was sold out except for the maisonettes
(3) quoted prices around $2200psf
(4) told to pay slightly higher prices to buy one from a speculator
(5) glad that the speculator is sitting on a huge loss

too bad my wife and I did not carry a camera with us. you should see the showflat, chuck full of people. did not get an agent to notice us for half an hour. finally met an agent who showed little interest in us. too busy taking care of the high rollers, who turned out to be huge losers.'

many units for sale at around $1,700psf.

tat time i tink i was busy buying mass market condos:D :D :D

sleek
14-10-10, 12:20
See below thread under General Condominium Property News & Discussion:-

July 6, 2007

Duchess residences: Wee Cho Yaw and family bought six units (http://forums.condosingapore.com/showpost.php?p=8405&postcount=1)

UNITED Overseas Land (UOL) chairman Wee Cho Yaw and his family have picked up six units in UOL's latest project, Duchess Residences in Bukit Timah. (http://forums.condosingapore.com/showpost.php?p=8405&postcount=1)

Mr Wee bought a third-floor, 1,485 sq ft apartment for $2.31 million, UOL said in a statement yesterday. (http://forums.condosingapore.com/showpost.php?p=8405&postcount=1)

This works out to about $1,555 per sq ft (psf). (http://forums.condosingapore.com/showpost.php?p=8405&postcount=1)

UOL said earlier this week that prices for the development went up to $2,100 psf. (http://forums.condosingapore.com/showpost.php?p=8405&postcount=1)

Two of Mr Wee's children also bagged units. (http://forums.condosingapore.com/showpost.php?p=8405&postcount=1)

Daughter Wei Ling paid $2.57 million for a 1,604 sq ft unit, while son Ee Cheong bought a 3,035 sq ft unit for $4.72 million. (http://forums.condosingapore.com/showpost.php?p=8405&postcount=1)

The in-laws of another son, Ee Chao, picked up a fourth unit of 1,604 sq ft for $2.59 million. (http://forums.condosingapore.com/showpost.php?p=8405&postcount=1)

The other two units were taken by Mr Wee Cho Yaw's nephew, Mr Wee Boo Tee, and his sister-in-law, Madam Cheng Soh Chin. (http://forums.condosingapore.com/showpost.php?p=8405&postcount=1)

Each bought a 1,485 sq ft unit. (http://forums.condosingapore.com/showpost.php?p=8405&postcount=1)

Mr Wee Boo Tee forked out $2.59 million for his, while Madam Cheng paid $2.46 million for hers. (http://forums.condosingapore.com/showpost.php?p=8405&postcount=1)

Read the full report in Saturday's edition of The Straits Times. (http://forums.condosingapore.com/showpost.php?p=8405&postcount=1)

stalingrad
14-10-10, 12:29
tat time i tink i was busy buying mass market condos:D :D :D
wanted to buy thinking that my kid could go to NYPS. I then realized by buying in OCR rather than DR, we could save enough money to send my kids to international schools for 50 years.

did not know that west coast would take off while bukit timah area would stagnate or even drop afterward. our gain is just gravy.

but will buy a unit if prices drop to my range.

bargain hunter
14-10-10, 12:40
but unless the buyers are over extended, there shouldn't be too many sellers below the 1800psf+ median which was achieved then and the VVIP was 1800 to 2000+psf on average lor. while the VVVVVIP ie WCY and his kelong friends was 15xx to 17xxpsf lor. overnight prices jump 20%. he damn smart, wily old fox.

stalingrad
14-10-10, 12:44
but unless the buyers are over extended, there shouldn't be too many sellers below the 1800psf+ median which was achieved then and the VVIP was 1800 to 2000+psf on average lor. while the VVVVVIP ie WCY and his kelong friends was 15xx to 17xxpsf lor. overnight prices jump 20%. he damn smart, wily old fox.

is he smart. or is the game rigged?

bargain hunter
14-10-10, 13:04
the most disgusting thing i feel is that he got the cheek to declare it as a 2% discount. sure, a few of his friends outside of these 8 ppe buy at the 15xx to 16xxpsf so that he can declare it as 2% discount to their prices, but as u said, its rigged. i really do feel sorry for the VVIPs who bot at above 1800psf without knowing what went on the day before that. at least if no one bot below 1700 at launch and VVIP at 1800 i feel its still a fair game.

is he smart. or is the game rigged?

stalingrad
14-10-10, 13:14
the most disgusting thing i feel is that he got the cheek to declare it as a 2% discount. sure, a few of his friends outside of these 8 ppe buy at the 15xx to 16xxpsf so that he can declare it as 2% discount to their prices, but as u said, its rigged. i really do feel sorry for the VVIPs who bot at above 1800psf without knowing what went on the day before that. at least if no one bot below 1700 at launch and VVIP at 1800 i feel its still a fair game.
Properties are a dirty game, very dirty indeed. quoting preferential prices to your friends and associates to solidity relationships is just part and parcel of the game. but they shouldn't have the temerity of pretending it is not rigged, like declaring a mere 2% discount.

the parc condo is another example. there was no public launch, with every unit sold to friends and associates in VVVVVIP, VVVIP, VVIP and VIP. but when the media visited, the developer claimed that most units are sold to "singaporeans with young children." so glad now these buyers are now burning in hell, just like the buyers of DR.

bargain hunter
14-10-10, 14:19
at least for the parc, most can get out at at least breakeven if not at some profit. DR most cannot breakeven AND units will be hard to move with this kind of quantum.

24 penthouses from 4.xm, 24 garden mansionettes from 4.xm. 3 bedrooms from 2.5m...ie cheapest unit is from 2.5m...

Properties are a dirty game, very dirty indeed. quoting preferential prices to your friends and associates to solidity relationships is just part and parcel of the game. but they shouldn't have the temerity of pretending it is not rigged, like declaring a mere 2% discount.

the parc condo is another example. there was no public launch, with every unit sold to friends and associates in VVVVVIP, VVVIP, VVIP and VIP. but when the media visited, the developer claimed that most units are sold to "singaporeans with young children." so glad now these buyers are now burning in hell, just like the buyers of DR.

stalingrad
14-10-10, 15:15
at least for the parc, most can get out at at least breakeven if not at some profit. DR most cannot breakeven AND units will be hard to move with this kind of quantum.

24 penthouses from 4.xm, 24 garden mansionettes from 4.xm. 3 bedrooms from 2.5m...ie cheapest unit is from 2.5m...
but you must not forget that buyers of DR are part of the rich and powerful. losing 1 million or two is peanuts for them.

the buyers of the parc are average joes. they cannot shoulder big losses. I also disagree with you on how well they will fare at the end. most owners of the parc will suffer losses, albeit small ones.

HP65
14-10-10, 17:42

Hey Commie, I didnt know that `Hell' has arrived at Reflections @ Keppel Bay :spliff2: Reason being just last night, I was invited to a cocktail party at Reflection's showflat with 2 of my associates who between them, has bought around 30 units of The Parc. They have since sold close to half of their holdings and made decent profits considering their time of entry.

Therefore I can safely attest that quite a few buyers of The Parc are familiar faces in the singapore's sme business circles. Furthermore, the attractiveness of the condo is such that there is no shortage of tenants looking to rent The Parc, so much so that my associates actually can screen and reject `undesirable' tenants.

Sometimes when I read how you praise your crappybelle to the hilt and at the same time bash all the rest of the D5 condos from Clementi Woods to The Parc, makes me wonder if you are trying to move out of the crappy quality, misfit colored and yard-so-close that you can kiss your neighbour's maid and buy a much better located apt :D

And dun say I own a place at The Parc, coz I have zelich interests in D5. In fact I'm staying pretty close to DR and am also looking for a unit at DR. Please do yourself some favour, do not insult the buyers of DR as I have met some of them and the agents marketing their units, trust me, you are not even fit to open the door for their agents. So don't come around here boasting and pretend that you can afford to buy DR.....seriously, if I knew you really can buy a unit at DR, I will definitely be disgusted to have a neighbour like you. Sorry, if you purport to be who you are, ie a FW (foreign worker from Canada), I will strongly highlight to MoM to tighten further the immigration criteria so that trash like you do not enter Singapore. FTs, yea, I welcome, but FW like you, I say kick the ass out, haha.

stalingrad
14-10-10, 18:15
haha, I can only say that most singaporeans I have met here are nice, decent and sincere chaps. but every now and then, a jerk will come out of the woodwork and ruin everything for every body by lying, slandering and insulting people. this kind of people only their mothers will like. but in this case, I am not so sure that her mother will even do that.

HP65
14-10-10, 18:39
haha, I can only say that most singaporeans I have met here are nice, decent and sincere chaps. but every now and then, a jerk will come out of the woodwork and ruin everything for every body by lying, slandering and insulting people. this kind of people only their mothers will like. but in this case, I am not so sure that her mother will even do that.

Oh, it's common among residents of Singapore actually. Coz I remember a few months back you were in fact going around slandering and insulting other people's condos, save for your crappybelle. And you even went to the extent of boasting you will initiate legal suits against other forumers. So what's the outcome now, commie? Have you raised the cash to pay for the law suits you boastfully announced in this forum that you want to initiate?

Come to think of it, you seem to have tone down a lot lately, has admin warned you not to thread the thin line? But by claiming that owners of The Parc and DR `are burning in hell', can you please show some proof? I'll make it simple for you by defining `burning in hell' = bankrupt, how about that, commie? :spliff2:

Now, if you are not sure who are the real buyers of The Parc, pls do not make a complete fool of yourself by pretending to know something when in fact you have no idea at all.

amk
14-10-10, 20:30
Hey guys let's relax ok .. :)

I'm actually quite curious if all the wee's are really going to stay there ;)

stalingrad
14-10-10, 20:56
Oh, it's common among residents of Singapore actually. Coz I remember a few months back you were in fact going around slandering and insulting other people's condos, save for your crappybelle. And you even went to the extent of boasting you will initiate legal suits against other forumers. So what's the outcome now, commie? Have you raised the cash to pay for the law suits you boastfully announced in this forum that you want to initiate?

Come to think of it, you seem to have tone down a lot lately, has admin warned you not to thread the thin line? But by claiming that owners of The Parc and DR `are burning in hell', can you please show some proof? I'll make it simple for you by defining `burning in hell' = bankrupt, how about that, commie? :spliff2:

Now, if you are not sure who are the real buyers of The Parc, pls do not make a complete fool of yourself by pretending to know something when in fact you have no idea at all.
hi, jerk. we come to here compare notes, to tell what we like and what we don't like. as long as we are just expressing opinions, what business is your whether we make a comment on a condo or not. if you look at all my comments, I gave very specific comments on why certain condos are good, why others are good.

take the parc condo,for example, I said it was the ugliest condo in singapore. it is an opinion. and my opinion is supported by everyone in the parc condo thread. even gfoo said it was a very ugly condo, he using the term white HDB to describe it. he even pang sai in the parc condo.

if you disagree with me, feel free to offer counter points. no need to engage in personalities, such as insulting me, slandering me, etc., just because you disagree with me. that makes you the smallest person in the world.

btw, everyone agrees that the parc condo is the ugliest condo, but why do you single me out for such vicious attack. is it because you are biased against foreigners? we came to this country to contribute to the economy. it is people like you that will drive us away.

proud owner
14-10-10, 21:07
Hey guys let's relax ok .. :)

I'm actually quite curious if all the wee's are really going to stay there ;)

do think so lah ....

the Lee family also bought Scott 28 many years back ... claiming he has old folks at home and need a place with lift landing mah ... remember ?

in the end which iof the 2 Lees who bought stayed there ?

NONE

and the old folks that he refered to at that time continued to stay in their old Oxley area ...

so much for lift landing

dont take it wrong that i dislike them ..

just like WeeCY got 2 pct discount (only) ..
Lee claimed he DIDNT EVEN KNOW he was given discount (!!!)

for a man who is world renowned .. and respected ..he didnt know the market psf ???

so

NO they wont stay their ..

proud owner
14-10-10, 21:10
hi, jerk. we come to here compare notes, to tell what we like and what we don't like. as long as we are just expressing opinions, what business is your whether we make a comment on a condo or not. if you look at all my comments, I gave very specific comments on why certain condos are good, why others are good.

take the parc condo,for example, I said it was the ugliest condo in singapore. it is an opinion. and my opinion is supported by everyone in the parc condo thread. even gfoo said it was a very ugly condo, he using the term white HDB to describe it. he even pang sai in the parc condo.

if you disagree with me, feel free to offer counter points. no need to engage in personalities, such as insulting me, slandering me, etc., just because you disagree with me. that makes you the smallest person in the world.

btw, everyone agrees that the parc condo is the ugliest condo, but why do you single me out for such vicious attack. is it because you are biased against foreigners? we came to this country to contribute to the economy. it is people like you that will drive us away.

ahahahah yes he went their to pang sai ...

relax guys ...

bargain hunter
14-10-10, 23:46
i also think its quite unlikely.

there are some ridiculous asking rents on ppty guru already. i wonder how easy it is to rent out even if there are lower asking rentals.

do think so lah ....

the Lee family also bought Scott 28 many years back ... claiming he has old folks at home and need a place with lift landing mah ... remember ?

in the end which iof the 2 Lees who bought stayed there ?

NONE

and the old folks that he refered to at that time continued to stay in their old Oxley area ...

so much for lift landing

dont take it wrong that i dislike them ..

just like WeeCY got 2 pct discount (only) ..
Lee claimed he DIDNT EVEN KNOW he was given discount (!!!)

for a man who is world renowned .. and respected ..he didnt know the market psf ???

so

NO they wont stay their ..

HP65
15-10-10, 05:28

Do you think we singaporeans are 3 year old children? Give me a break, compare notes? Hahaha. Compare until you can boast that you will initiate law suits against fellow forumers but in the end they were just empty threats? Now, I'm sure Singapore doesn't need talk big liar foreign workers like you, haha. The colloquial expression is `dua kang'.

Now before you try to change the topic and discuss about The Parc in DR thread, tell us, what happen to your law suits? have you carried out any of your boastful claims? Many fellow forumers here I'm sure remember how comical your posts were and also your history. So, if you were then posting rubbish, likewise, I see you posting rubbish (even if they were personal opinions, be it specific or non-specific) again in DR thread coz non of the buyers of The Parc or DR that I know of are `burning in hell'.

In fact, as you can read in the Reflection's thread. We were invited to the cocktail party to showcase the collaboration between Keppel and Saporiti Italia :spliff2:

OT: I single you out because even in an online forum, you stand out like a sore thumb. And you also make yourself an easy target because while you like to criticize other condos, you were unable to offer counter points or conveniently ignore criticisms of crappybelle :D Typical slimy commie who has avoided answering my questions or other forumers comments of crappybelle :D. While we recognise contributions from foreign workers, we still cane or hang them if they commit capital crimes. So yes, for liars like you, we pay you when you contribute, that is your fair reward, but we will not hesitate to kick your arse when we find you are undesirable :p

1 last time, what happened to your threats of initiating litigation process against some forumers? It is my business because in an online forum, we are often judged on our history of posts, and from history, you have posted crap mis-information that you would like others to think as facts.

stalingrad
15-10-10, 10:00
Do you think we singaporeans are 3 year old children? Give me a break, compare notes? Hahaha. Compare until you can boast that you will initiate law suits against fellow forumers but in the end they were just empty threats? Now, I'm sure Singapore doesn't need talk big liar foreign workers like you, haha. The colloquial expression is `dua kang'.

Now before you try to change the topic and discuss about The Parc in DR thread, tell us, what happen to your law suits? have you carried out any of your boastful claims? Many fellow forumers here I'm sure remember how comical your posts were and also your history. So, if you were then posting rubbish, likewise, I see you posting rubbish (even if they were personal opinions, be it specific or non-specific) again in DR thread coz non of the buyers of The Parc or DR that I know of are `burning in hell'.

In fact, as you can read in the Reflection's thread. We were invited to the cocktail party to showcase the collaboration between Keppel and Saporiti Italia :spliff2:

OT: I single you out because even in an online forum, you stand out like a sore thumb. And you also make yourself an easy target because while you like to criticize other condos, you were unable to offer counter points or conveniently ignore criticisms of crappybelle :D Typical slimy commie who has avoided answering my questions or other forumers comments of crappybelle :D. While we recognise contributions from foreign workers, we still cane or hang them if they commit capital crimes. So yes, for liars like you, we pay you when you contribute, that is your fair reward, but we will not hesitate to kick your arse when we find you are undesirable :p

1 last time, what happened to your threats of initiating litigation process against some forumers? It is my business because in an online forum, we are often judged on our history of posts, and from history, you have posted crap mis-information that you would like others to think as facts.
Hey, liar, when did I say I was going to initiate a lawsuit? If you are illiterate and can't read english, please go back to your hawker center and continue selling your chicken rice. And don't come here trying to violate my right of free speech. Even if you try, we will continue saying what we want, and ignore your vicious attacks as barks of a crazy canine.

btw, please don't pretend you are a high net worth investor living among the rich and famous. by your diction and grammar, you are probably uneducated menial worker with net worth equal to what I spent to buy a toilet bowl for my dog.

stalingrad
15-10-10, 10:45
ahahahah yes he went their to pang sai ...

relax guys ...
the parc condo even looks like someone pang saiing. the body on the right. the stretched out legs on the left. really uncanny resemblance.

http://www.listings.sg/realty/images/listing_photos/6741_theparc.jpg

amk
15-10-10, 10:52
there are some ridiculous asking rents on ppty guru already. i wonder how easy it is to rent out even if there are lower asking rentals.
the asking rent is totally out of the range. I dun even think any of them actually has a unit. they are just fishing for potential tenants with a 10k budget.

I wonder what the rental eventually will be for DR. It's at the end of the road. Right before it Duchess Crest is doing abt 5k-6k plus for 3bd, 6k-7k plus for 4bd. With this rent DR cannot even do 3% gross.

bargain hunter
15-10-10, 11:02
but it could also be the case that since some of their purchase prices are so high, it is not even worth it for them to rent out at say below 7k for 3 bedrooms.

preferably, the project was more meant for owner occupiers than for rental (can't even walk to duchess mrt) but that was the peak at 2007 so there would probably be a mix of specuvestors and serious owner occupiers.

the asking rent is totally out of the range. I dun even think any of them actually has a unit. they are just fishing for potential tenants with a 10k budget.

I wonder what the rental eventually will be for DR. It's at the end of the road. Right before it Duchess Crest is doing abt 5k-6k plus for 3bd, 6k-7k plus for 4bd. With this rent DR cannot even do 3% gross.

dmonddd
24-10-10, 09:05
i realised that those who comment have hidden agenda...ok with the place but waiting for the price to drop. why spend time looking if not interested at all. experienced that when viewing properties with other potential buyers

devilplate
24-10-10, 11:40
like dat everybody better dun make any post...:scared-1:

will be named as AGENTS/LOSERS/Hidden Agenda etc etc

bargain hunter
24-10-10, 17:48
aiyah, pple not so free like us mah, can chit chat about any project, interested or not interested, who cares? :) oops, i think i was the one who told dmonddd that everyone posts with an agenda 1 1/2 years ago if i did not remember wrongly. :ashamed1: but what i meant was, "people posting here may have agenda, so please take everything with a pinch of salt".

like dat everybody better dun make any post...:scared-1:

will be named as AGENTS/LOSERS/Hidden Agenda etc etc

DC33_2008
24-10-10, 17:57
I believe people will process the information first before applying them unless they are merely follower. Thanks to people in this forum to enable me to find a gem at a great price.

bargain hunter
24-10-10, 18:02
yes, that's right. everyone should process the info. :) but i believe there may be pple who may not post much here but may fall under the "merely follower" category.

I believe people will process the information first before applying them unless they are merely follower. Thanks to people in this forum to enable me to find a gem at a great price.

dmonddd
24-10-10, 23:07
aiyah, pple not so free like us mah, can chit chat about any project, interested or not interested, who cares? :) oops, i think i was the one who told dmonddd that everyone posts with an agenda 1 1/2 years ago if i did not remember wrongly. :ashamed1: but what i meant was, "people posting here may have agenda, so please take everything with a pinch of salt".

yes bargain hunter was the one who mentioned that when i was a newbie.

as i read postings and i myself submit postings, u can roughly gauge intentions of the forum threadsters.

DKSG
24-10-10, 23:21
Thats why I always advocate people posting FACTS.
Rather then their silly opinions.

Look out for verifiable postings rather than staying here better than staying there.

Eg. How much is the current rental now ? How much is the lowest asking prices ? Eeerrmm ... think no need to give too many examples of whats verifiable and whats just opinions.

Last thing, the above are considered facts hor, not opinion.

Haha!
DK

devilplate
25-10-10, 00:21

Look out for verifiable postings rather than staying here better than staying there.

Eg. How much is the current rental now ? How much is the lowest asking prices ? Eeerrmm ... think no need to give too many examples of whats verifiable and whats just opinions.

Haha!
DK
U shdnt come here den. Jus visit Ura, streetsine, st, biz times etc to get the facts

Komo
25-10-10, 09:09
the parc condo even looks like someone pang saiing. the body on the right. the stretched out legs on the left. really uncanny resemblance.

http://www.listings.sg/realty/images/listing_photos/6741_theparc.jpg
Estuary best inverted W:D :D

bargain hunter
25-10-10, 10:59
we can only wish for factual information but its hard to come by. everyone wants to know what is the current rental now but who would want to disclose? as for how much is the lowest asking price? the unit is probably gone before the info can make its way to this forum. :ashamed1:

Haha!
DK

stalingrad
25-10-10, 11:02
U shdnt come here den. Jus visit Ura, streetsine, st, biz times etc to get the facts
exactly. opinions sometimes are more important and interesting than facts. For example, the idea that the parc condo is ugly can only be expressed as an opinion. The idea that furnishings at waterford is ugly can only be expressed as a opinion, too.

but to some, these opinions are far more important than so called facts.

it is really disturbing that some people respond to opinions by engaging in personal attacks. just awful. Feel free to disagree, but please do not engage in personalities.

amk
25-10-10, 12:15
aiyoh guys really can we make peace ?

some more I started this thread.. ;) yes I have very EVIL agenda :D

back on topic. what would you guys think a fair rental should be for this place ? It's going to be TOP'ed any time now.

btw when I said "Right before it Duchess Crest is doing abt 5k-6k plus for 3bd, 6k-7k plus for 4bd", it's a fact ok ;)

teddybear
25-10-10, 13:22
For DR this location, difficult to get high yield lah, should be about $4-4.50 psf.

back on topic. what would you guys think a fair rental should be for this place ? It's going to be TOP'ed any time now.

btw when I said "Right before it Duchess Crest is doing abt 5k-6k plus for 3bd, 6k-7k plus for 4bd", it's a fact ok ;)

bargain hunter
26-10-10, 10:38
So DR should be around 6 to 7k+ for 3 bedders (60 of them)? only twelve 4 bedders so can disregard. 24 penthouses and 24 garden mansionettes should be harder to guess since sizes start from FROM 2700sq ft around $4psf would be already around 11k? a tad pricey if for rental? guys, which one u think is worth more, PH or GM? GM supposed to be a feature of this project but one bedroom is in a dark basement with not much light going down. some units could also be blocked by the bridged pathways which are flying about so even 1st floor may not get good light. PH more straightforward but then nothing special liao since also avail at other projects nearby.

amk
26-10-10, 11:00
GM supposed to be a feature of this project but one bedroom is in a dark basement with not much light going down

I think GM is a marketing gimmick employed by UOL. It did the same for its Meadows project, i.e. packaging the usual ground floor unit as something else.

For this development, the ground floor units are partially blocked by all the lift shafts. So it will probably be quite dim even for the living room. So for the same price, the PH is definitely better.

stalingrad
26-10-10, 11:38
For DR this location, difficult to get high yield lah, should be about $4-4.50 psf.

some of the owners are asking for $6 psf for rentals. I think they are just dreaming. They are just so bored and have nothing else better to do.

bargain hunter
26-10-10, 14:05
yup.

in your opinion, u think $11k or more for the PH is do-able?

I think GM is a marketing gimmick employed by UOL. It did the same for its Meadows project, i.e. packaging the usual ground floor unit as something else.

For this development, the ground floor units are partially blocked by all the lift shafts. So it will probably be quite dim even for the living room. So for the same price, the PH is definitely better.

amk
26-10-10, 15:09
yup.

in your opinion, u think $11k or more for the PH is do-able?
imho, unlikely. nearby projects' PHs are barely getting 9k plus. townhouses , real houses are doing 11k above, and their rooms are bigger. DR's bedrms are the "new generation designs".

actually I personally feel the PH or larger units in general in this area are diff to rent out. At $4 psf, they demand at least a 10k rental. But for this area, other than schools nearby, there is hardly any other draw factor. Expats dun rent for NYPS/Chinese High/etc. For 10k they prefer to rent Newton/Orchard/etc. On the other hand, for 3bd at 6-7k, there are plenty of families that like the quietness and low density housing of this area.

bargain hunter
26-10-10, 15:23
i share your sentiments and maintain my view that UOL ripped the VVIP buyers off. :D

DR's rooms are already "quite big" by today's standards, albeit with bay windows. i guess the "newness" can offset their smaller bedroom size vs the older developments nearby. $4psf is actually $11k. maybe 1 or 2 units can hit but there are 48 such units. the rest had better be for owner occupation. ;)

imho, unlikely. nearby projects' PHs are barely getting 9k plus. townhouses , real houses are doing 11k above, and their rooms are bigger. DR's bedrms are the "new generation designs".

actually I personally feel the PH or larger units in general in this area are diff to rent out. At $4 psf, they demand at least a 10k rental. But for this area, other than schools nearby, there is hardly any other draw factor. Expats dun rent for NYPS/Chinese High/etc. For 10k they prefer to rent Newton/Orchard/etc. On the other hand, for 3bd at 6-7k, there are plenty of families that like the quietness and low density housing of this area.

stalingrad
26-10-10, 16:55
i share your sentiments and maintain my view that UOL ripped the VVIP buyers off. :D

DR's rooms are already "quite big" by today's standards, albeit with bay windows. i guess the "newness" can offset their smaller bedroom size vs the older developments nearby. $4psf is actually $11k. maybe 1 or 2 units can hit but there are 48 such units. the rest had better be for owner occupation. ;)

I saw them being ripped off. I was at the showflat. but let me assure you they were happy to be ripped off. It was a privilege to be ripped off. people like us who have no inside connections was not given a chance to be ripped off. Most units were sold before the public were given a chance to take a look.

bargain hunter
18-02-11, 13:41
amk, i dun get wat u mean. wat do u mean by 1680psf still higher than power buy bunch?

http://forums.condosingapore.com/showthread.php?p=137738#post137738

amk
18-02-11, 16:09
the Wee and Co. did this :

Rowee Low #01-07 1546psf
WEC #01-11 1556psf

plus I know
#01-06 1546psf
#01-09 1533psf

;)

So 1680 is still significantly higher than them.

bargain hunter
18-02-11, 16:11
yup yup. but what about those who bot at 2000psf?!?!?!?! tio sabo liao. i know GM many were sold at that price also wor in 07.

the Wee and Co. did this :

Rowee Low #01-07 1546psf
WEC #01-11 1556psf

plus I know
#01-06 1546psf
#01-09 1533psf

;)

So 1680 is still significantly higher than them.

amk
18-02-11, 16:28
those who bot at 2000psf?!?!?!?! tio sabo liao

name of the game man! :cool:

where can you find a development whose selling price, within 2 days, has a massive deviation of 15xxpsf to 22xxpsf ?

bargain hunter
18-02-11, 17:07
precisely! champion wily old fox!

name of the game man! :cool:

where can you find a development whose selling price, within 2 days, has a massive deviation of 15xxpsf to 22xxpsf ?

amk
08-03-11, 13:49
ok I see the newly sold ground floor unit lodged:

102 Duchess Avenue #01-02
999 Yrs From 27/12/1875
$1680
$5045k
26 Jan 11

actually I think pretty good for the buyer, because 01-03 and 01-04 both were sold at a $6134000, a massive $1M more :scared-5:

bargain hunter
08-03-11, 13:56
i can only repeat my previous post:

precisely! champion wily old fox!

hahaha. so that's a 18% discount? this project is way underwater.

so which is the final returned unit at duchess still unsold? think it was a ground floor unit too.

ok I see the newly sold ground floor unit lodged:

102 Duchess Avenue #01-02
999 Yrs From 27/12/1875
$1680
$5045k
26 Jan 11

actually I think pretty good for the buyer, because 01-03 and 01-04 both were sold at a $6134000, a massive $1M more :scared-5:

bargain hunter
18-03-11, 14:09
top 2 psf:

#03-07 1799psf 12 MAY 2010
#03-22 1797psf 04 MAR 2011

bargain hunter
18-03-11, 14:29
http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listing/3303344/for-rent-duchess-residences

if this is for real, how to support rental?! :jaw-dropping:

devilplate
18-03-11, 14:43
http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listing/3303344/for-rent-duchess-residences

if this is for real, how to support rental?! :jaw-dropping:

haha....not bad leh....10k rental for a 5mio ppty....hahahaha.....nett yield probably 1.8-2%.....rent better den own it:D

bargain hunter
18-03-11, 15:04
hey bro, u din go down to skysuites? hahaha.

yah. but 5m is probably the buyer's price. current price unknown. kekeke.

haha....not bad leh....10k rental for a 5mio ppty....hahahaha.....nett yield probably 1.8-2%.....rent better den own it:D

hyenergix
19-03-11, 06:46

Just a glimpse of what is coming for the rental market. The high end condos rental comes down and compresses the rental of mid end condos, then lower end condos ;)

hopeful
19-03-11, 07:06
Just a glimpse of what is coming for the rental market. The high end condos rental comes down and compresses the rental of mid end condos, then lower end condos ;)

Are not lower end condos rental supported by HDB ?

hyenergix
19-03-11, 07:10
Are not lower end condos rental supported by HDB ?

The compression goes on, but HDB will be the last one to get hit and the impact is not that great as the rental is not that high to begin with.

Ang Mos are also getting smarter and they are seeking bigger bangs for their bucks. Since early this year, I'm starting to see more Ang Mos staying around my HDB estate, eating at coffee shops and going to NTUC.

bargain hunter
20-03-11, 14:57
http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listing/3308496/for-rent-duchess-residences

this agent more honest. shows the 2 bedrooms facing the Hwa Chong International Boarding School.

amk
20-03-11, 15:34
Is there a diff in asking price for the hwa chong facing and landed facing ?

Btw the duchess crest next door had just reached a new high of 1350 psf for a 2nd floor 4bd. Amazing for a 99y project that's 15 yrs old.

bargain hunter
20-03-11, 16:00
how to compare? 1744sq ft 4 bedder for duchess crest while 1604 sq ft is just a 3 bedder for duchess resi.

agent's talk will probably tell u that no unit is facing hwa chong becoz for only the 2 bedrooms at the back are facing hwa chong. LOL. ;)

if u look at the listings, most are asking above 1800psf in an attempt to breakeven. so can't really tell if a premium is attached to facing landed or not. on the other hand, those units whose 2 bedrooms face landed will also get noise from duchess avenue (albeit its not a busy road by normal standards).

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listing/3253307/for-sale-duchess-residences

not sure if this is a developer's unit or a breakeven/cut loss unit? u keen? :D

Is there a diff in asking price for the hwa chong facing and landed facing ?

Btw the duchess crest next door had just reached a new high of 1350 psf for a 2nd floor 4bd. Amazing for a 99y project that's 15 yrs old.

amk
20-03-11, 17:06
http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listing/3253307/for-sale-duchess-residences

not sure if this is a developer's unit or a breakeven/cut loss unit? u keen? :D

No lah. For this price I'd rather get a PH unit.
This looks like the last unsold ground floor unit.

Btw agreed duchess ave,especially at this part, is rarely used.

bargain hunter
20-03-11, 18:01
http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listing/3214435/for-sale-duchess-residences

this seems like the cheapest penthouse. my guess is that its #05-03, judging from the pictures. but look at the pictures of "view from bedroom". would u mind?

duchess ave at this part is rarely used, but most residents own expensive sports cars. they will drive down fast and then brake hard for that lefthander which goes to coronation road west. ;)

No lah. For this price I'd rather get a PH unit.
This looks like the last unsold ground floor unit.

Btw agreed duchess ave,especially at this part, is rarely used.

amk
20-03-11, 18:09
http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listing/3214435/for-sale-duchess-residences

this seems like the cheapest penthouse. my guess is that its #05-03, judging from the pictures. but look at the pictures of "view from bedroom". would u mind?

I do mind. No way I will get a hwa chong facing unit. It has to be the other side.
...sound like I have 2m cash to throw or what :D

duchess ave at this part is rarely used, but most residents own expensive sports cars. they will drive down fast and then brake hard for that lefthander which goes to coronation road west. ;)

Er... Hum.. Why u so familiar huh ? ;) I thought the correct way to go is straight duchess rd -> coronation rd ? ;)

bargain hunter
20-03-11, 18:50
no need mah. u can get the 4th floor 1464 sq ft 3 bedder? hee.

for duchess road/coronation road/coronation dr residents that is correct.

but for coronation road west residents, duchess ave is more direct if they return home from bt timah road. although distance is only slightly shorter, residents get straight roads (hence the acceleration and late braking hehehe) vs winding coronation road/passing by the chinese cemetry. LOL.

I do mind. No way I will get a hwa chong facing unit. It has to be the other side.
...sound like I have 2m cash to throw or what :D

Er... Hum.. Why u so familiar huh ? ;) I thought the correct way to go is straight duchess rd -> coronation rd ? ;)

starrynight
04-02-13, 20:39
Now that I've completed my property hunt for the next few years, thought I'd share some of the photos of the other developments I really liked.

Concluded that this development is more for own stay than rental yield.

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8326/8444843074_faa5f6fa9e_z.jpg

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8329/8444843958_ab89a2fd89_z.jpg

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8499/8444843526_0c0057cf56_z.jpg

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8510/8443753571_9c7b77f380_z.jpg

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8088/8444842038_baf802889f_z.jpg

Lovelle
04-02-13, 20:46
very nice landscape

bakasa2002
04-02-13, 20:46
Thanks for sharing, this looks really pretty ...

starrynight
04-02-13, 20:49
Yes, it really is very nice and well maintained. Also very quiet (partly probably cause 20% unoccupied - I think 80% of the ground floor "townhouse style" units were empty).

ytler
13-05-14, 22:41
why are there so few transactions for this development? what sort of benchmark pricing would be a good reference?

sunboy77
13-05-14, 23:28
Very nice development. But tough long walk to the upcoming MRT Station.

amk
14-05-14, 10:47
... tough long walk to the upcoming MRT Station.

why you say "tough long walk" ? it's no more than 10 mins even walking at leisure with a dog.
today Coco Palms claims "next to MRT", and it has to also walk at least 5 mins, crossing 2 major roads.
for duchess side, there is no traffic light, no major roads to cross. very diff environment.

why so few transactions: all these kind of higher quantum CCR projects have few transactions thanks to ABSD/TDSR. this one has only 3/4 bedrooms, no small size units to flip.

minority
14-05-14, 18:12
this is a nice project.

ccreporter
14-02-16, 14:22
Hi

I really like this condo layout.

It seems the asking price is back to 17xx range now. http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/project-listings/duchess-residences-965/sale/1

Is it a good time for this condo in your view?....

ccreporter
20-09-16, 13:35
Latest transaction 1571 psf. Back to 2007 price

propertycarrots
20-09-16, 14:57

Latest price drop to 1503psf:
DUCHESS RESIDENCES 106 Duchess Avenue #04-10 136 2200000 1503 07-SEP-2016 10 999 Yrs From 27/12/1875
DUCHESS RESIDENCES 108 Duchess Avenue #04-16 136 2300000 1571 22-AUG-2016 10 999 Yrs From 27/12/1875

Peak Pricing:
DUCHESS RESIDENCES 106 Duchess Avenue #03-09 138 3416000 2300 31-JUL-2007 10 999 Yrs From 27/12/1875
DUCHESS RESIDENCES 106 Duchess Avenue #04-08 136 3295000 2251 18-DEC-2008 10 999 Yrs From 27/12/1875

bargain hunter
20-09-16, 19:07

correction. 2007 only the most kelong pple got to buy at < 1,600psf.

Pal8977
04-10-16, 09:08
If anyone is keen to install track guided indoor/outdoor blinds (no gaps!) and retractable insect screens . Pls call 98806538 for measure and quote.

Products are all made in Australia!

www.auszip.com.sg

www.facebook.com/auszip/